PDA

View Full Version : SEGA is implementing countermeasures for rare Gryphon farming in Beach Wars 3

EvilMag
Jul 28, 2015, 08:37 AM
http://pso2.jp/players/support/measures/?id=6566

That was fast.

wefwq
Jul 28, 2015, 08:39 AM
RIP in pieces

Chdata
Jul 28, 2015, 08:41 AM
So are they making Nyau appear more or less often, making it harder or easier to find Gal?

ZynischQ
Jul 28, 2015, 08:43 AM
Since they're locking the EQ after starting I'm going to take a wild guess and say they're increasing his frequency.

inb4 lowers frequency

sparab
Jul 28, 2015, 08:44 AM
It will become another teleport map, which you need 30 seconds before starting it and people cannot join after it is started.

Also they changed the Nyau code locations and make it happens less often (most likely), alas.
(Did not change rare gryphon spawn rate)

Saagonsa
Jul 28, 2015, 08:46 AM
They're adding badges being rewarded after a quest clear (pointless), and they're going to add a teleporter at the start of beach wars and changing nyau spawns starting on august 5th, nicely enough after the rdr boost week.

Achelousaurus
Jul 28, 2015, 08:47 AM
Lol
But tbh I don't care. I didn't see a shred of his supposedly high drop rate for 13*.
7-8 times I fought a rare gryphon with 380% rare boost now and the only thing I ever got was 10*

elryan
Jul 28, 2015, 08:59 AM
The only way the emergency quest can be good after the change is if EVERY emergency codes change-overs to Gal Gryphon spawning.

Otherwise, nope.

Azure Falcon
Jul 28, 2015, 11:00 AM
Assuming they are nerfing the rates or something, is there any point even bothering to do the quest then? The drops are terrible, the exp is terrible, every single emergency code is "kill the darkers/oceanids" and Nyau never shows up in the first place, let alone Gal Gryphon or even the rare version.

BIG OLAF
Jul 28, 2015, 11:09 AM
Why do people care about the rare Gryphon, anyway? Just curious.

Xaelouse
Jul 28, 2015, 11:12 AM
Higher droprates for his mediocre 13*s

Rayden
For the 13 stars that he drops.

Flaoc

gal 13* weapons

BIG OLAF
Jul 28, 2015, 11:15 AM
Oh, so nothing feasibly good, then.

ZynischQ
Jul 28, 2015, 11:18 AM

His rare drop rate is jacked up a huge amount, even relative to the boosts in rare drop rates rare variants have compared to their normal versions.

TaigaUC
Jul 28, 2015, 11:55 AM
I was trying to get goddamn Backhand Smash 17 but the asshole never spawns.
When he does, he just drop some low level disk crap because everyone at XH must desperately need rank 11 disks. That's why they do XH, right? RIGHT?!
Gave up already. Wasting my damn time.

Also this change sounds stupid, especially considering this EQ is 3 years old.
Sounds like they're just changing it because they don't like people farming for 13 stars.
Well, news flash assholes, if you don't want people farming 13 stars, don't make the entire game's current content revolve around 13 stars.
I sometimes wonder if that guy blocked me just because I use 12 stars instead of 13 stars. If so, good job SEGA.

It's also amusing how quick they are to fix people getting drops, but simple GUI and balance issues go unchecked for 2+ years.

final_attack
Jul 28, 2015, 12:03 PM
I was trying to get goddamn Backhand Smash 17 but the asshole never spawns.
When he does, he just drop some low level disk crap because everyone at XH must desperately need rank 11 disks. That's why they do XH, right? RIGHT?!
Gave up already. Wasting my damn time.

mm .... try doing City EQ if available? :o
I got a few drops of Lv17 Backhand from random enemy there :o

I forgot it was as Gu main or Fi main though.

EvilMag
Jul 28, 2015, 12:08 PM
You know I wouldn't mind this change if...you know.. I could freely farm Gryphon after the LQ goes away.

BIG OLAF
Jul 28, 2015, 12:13 PM
It's also amusing how quick they are to fix people getting drops, but simple GUI and balance issues go unchecked for 2+ years.

I'm gonna quote this for emphasis, in case anyone misses it.

Flaoc
Jul 28, 2015, 12:15 PM

oceanic menance when that returns also has the fucker could also get lucky in a coast aq i guess

elryan
Jul 28, 2015, 12:21 PM
You know I wouldn't mind this change if...you know.. I could freely farm Gryphon after the LQ goes away.

Maybe they should make Gryphons after the LQ go away to be like Tagami Kazuchi.

Very rare encounter, can spawn anywhere. But if you managed to kill it, instead of XP, you get 100% chance for his 13*.

Now THAT, would be fun.

The Walrus
Jul 28, 2015, 12:27 PM
Whoa there. 100%?

http://i.imgur.com/LOQqtCr.jpg?1

BIG OLAF
Jul 28, 2015, 12:32 PM
Sorry, 100% anything in PSO2 is gonna have to require some sort of real payment.

Poyonche
Jul 28, 2015, 12:58 PM
Actually, 100% to get its rare would mean 0.2% with SEGA.

un1t27
Jul 28, 2015, 01:12 PM
https://d.maxfile.ro/uokcrrzejg.gif
https://d.maxfile.ro/uokcrrzejg.gifhttps://d.maxfile.ro/uokcrrzejg.gif

Rakurai
Jul 28, 2015, 01:12 PM
Good thing the change that actually matters is happening after boost week.

n_n
Jul 28, 2015, 01:13 PM
https://d.maxfile.ro/uokcrrzejg.gifhttps://d.maxfile.ro/uokcrrzejg.gif
|
|
|
|____

Chdata
Jul 28, 2015, 01:15 PM
rares drop like candy now

in the past was when rares were more like 0%

Cyber Meteor
Jul 28, 2015, 01:50 PM
As the title says, SEGA is displeased that ppl are only doing that quest for hunting rare Gal as it prevents the quest to be cleared.

http://pso2.jp/players/support/measures/?id=6566

Using Google translation, it says they'll adjust the conditions for Nyau to appear. These changes are meant so clearing the quest with 12 players is easier, lol.

It comes after 5th August maintenance

ZynischQ
Jul 28, 2015, 01:51 PM
WELP (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229743)

Cyber Meteor
Jul 28, 2015, 01:54 PM
oops, i haven't saw that thread, it's not like the title is explicit though, i think it can be closed then

Maenara
Jul 28, 2015, 02:08 PM
rares drop like candy now

in the past was when rares were more like 0%

Sega doesn't add new rares, they just increase droprates for "new" weapons from zero percent.

Mattykins
Jul 28, 2015, 04:29 PM
They say they do it for balance and to make it easier to complete (lolwut) but all I hear is 'gaiz stoooop we tried really hard alright? just do it like we want or you'll hurt our feelins gaiz'

Maenara
Jul 28, 2015, 04:40 PM
Ultimate Amdusica update:

Sega: GUYS CHECK OUT THESE AWESOME NEW FOURTEEN STAR WEAPONS. THEY'RE LIKE 13 STAR WEAPONS BUT THEY CAN GO UP TO 75% ELEMENT!!!!!!!!!
THEY DROP FROM ULTIMATE DRAGON EX AND QUARTZ DRAGON, WHICH APPEAR IN THIS BRAND NEW QUEST THAT YOU CAN DO ANY TIME, AS MANY TIMES AS YOU WANT!!!

Two weeks later: GUYS WHY ARE YOU EMPLOYING FARMING TACTICS ON ULTIMATE EX AND QUARTZ WE WORKED REALLY HARD ON EVERYTHING ELSE PLEASE STOP

The week after that: WE HAVE EMPLOYED ANTI-FARMING MEASURES YOU MADE US DO THIS

The week after -that-: WHY ARE YOU STILL FARMING THEM

Asuka~
Jul 28, 2015, 06:04 PM
That's 250 points - comin' right up!

cheapgunner
Jul 28, 2015, 06:47 PM
Ultimate Amdusica update:

Sega: GUYS CHECK OUT THESE AWESOME NEW FOURTEEN STAR WEAPONS. THEY'RE LIKE 13 STAR WEAPONS BUT THEY CAN GO UP TO 75% ELEMENT!!!!!!!!!
THEY DROP FROM ULTIMATE DRAGON EX AND QUARTZ DRAGON, WHICH APPEAR IN THIS BRAND NEW QUEST THAT YOU CAN DO ANY TIME, AS MANY TIMES AS YOU WANT!!!

Two weeks later: GUYS WHY ARE YOU EMPLOYING FARMING TACTICS ON ULTIMATE EX AND QUARTZ WE WORKED REALLY HARD ON EVERYTHING ELSE PLEASE STOP

The week after that: WE HAVE EMPLOYED ANTI-FARMING MEASURES YOU MADE US DO THIS

The week after -that-: WHY ARE YOU STILL FARMING THEM

Im waiting for some new pa that's totally OP af and watching them nerf it to the ground in 2 weeks, claiming that ppl are abusing it and its combos in EQs and sorts again.

I mean, it's like SEGA doesn't realize how badly they handled releasing 12* AND 13* weps at the same damn time and wondering why ppl farm the bosses that drop 13* and abuse spawning mechniacs to get them.

pkemr4
Jul 28, 2015, 07:10 PM
surprised they waiting until the 5th to patch it

Maenara
Jul 28, 2015, 07:11 PM
Im waiting for some new pa that's totally OP af and watching them nerf it to the ground in 2 weeks, claiming that ppl are abusing it and its combos in EQs and sorts again.

I mean, it's like SEGA doesn't realize how badly they handled releasing 12* AND 13* weps at the same damn time and wondering why ppl farm the bosses that drop 13* and abuse spawning mechniacs to get them.

It's honestly like Sega literally does not understand just why 13*s outclass pretty much everything else.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 28, 2015, 07:25 PM
surprised they waiting until the 5th to patch it

They have to literally make a new Beach Wars quest to add the gate at the beginning

ShinMaruku
Jul 28, 2015, 07:45 PM

It's much easier to do and they have some theme they want the game about. The other things are too hard.

Lostbob117
Jul 28, 2015, 07:59 PM
Higher droprates for his mediocre 13*s

Are you sure?

Maenara
Jul 28, 2015, 09:24 PM
Are you sure?

For multiple weapon types, Gal Gryphon's 13*s are the single best in the game, so I found that statement quite questionable too.

KazukiQZ
Jul 28, 2015, 09:27 PM
^What do you mean by multiple weapon types?

But yeah, Gryphon 13* has the highest base attack among the weapon, and the pot is not that bad, but rather situational =w=

ArcaneTechs
Jul 28, 2015, 09:28 PM
For multiple weapon types, Gal Gryphon's 13*s are the single best in the game, so I found that statement quite questionable too.
good for Crit Builds but not the best for every weapon

WEED420BLAZEIT
Jul 28, 2015, 09:36 PM

gryphon 13* meme is trending right now m8

Flaoc
Jul 28, 2015, 09:41 PM
i think the gal saber is actually better than double cannon due to the crit rate and doesnt have to deal with the 30% extra pp

Bellion
Jul 28, 2015, 09:41 PM
Doesn't need critical builds, you get the damage regardless of criticals, but it does help with them.

Considering quite a bit of the weapons won't work with their essential PAs or you have to choose between boosting one of their essential PAs and sacrifice another's boost, they are pretty mediocre.

ZynischQ
Jul 28, 2015, 09:43 PM
Gryphon 13*s are best for DS and TMG unquestionably (ohai crit damage bonuses for DS and TMG should be up in zero range anyways).

The wand is the best if you wanted to hit something with it or use a pointblank tech.

Others are questionable if they're better than ares.

Rakurai
Jul 28, 2015, 09:48 PM
The wired lances are probably the best available, as all of its PAs are practical to use at close range.

NightfallG
Jul 28, 2015, 09:49 PM
Asking Sega devs to put down the crackpipe and think about what they're doing runs counter to their entire design philosophy.

ArcaneTechs
Jul 28, 2015, 09:53 PM
Doesn't need critical builds, you get the damage regardless of criticals, but it does help with them.

Considering quite a bit of the weapons won't work with their essential PAs or you have to choose between boosting one of their essential PAs and sacrifice another's boost, they are pretty mediocre.
i misread the translation then, i was under the impression the dmg didnt kick in unless you hit crits so scratch what i said

GoldenFalcon
Jul 28, 2015, 09:58 PM
Am I wrong in thinking that the Rifle with the long range latent is perfect with Sharpshooter?

the_importer_
Jul 28, 2015, 10:03 PM
SEGA can keep coughing up new weapons as much as they like, they're just throwing a drape to cover up the real issue here, which is that the game has become stale. With SH being the only current difficulty where you can do everything in the game (minus Ult), they can't really increase the level cap any more than this or it won't be remotely challenging.

So what's left? XH for every Ark, Free Field, Time Attack and Advance Quests and a Lv85 cap to allow this to be playable in a 4 player field? Sure, that would hold over for about 6 months, but then what? There's still 7 years left of that 10 years commitment SEGA -_-

ArcaneTechs
Jul 28, 2015, 10:05 PM
SEGA can keep coughing up new weapons as much as they like, they're just throwing a drape to cover up the real issue here, which is that the game has become stale. With SH being the only current difficulty where you can do everything in the game (minus Ult), they can't really increase the level cap any more than this or it won't be remotely challenging.

So what's left? XH for every Ark, Free Field, Time Attack and Advance Quests and a Lv85 cap to allow this to be playable in a 4 player field? Sure, that would hold over for about 6 months, but then what? There's still 7 years left of that 10 years commitment SEGA -_-
3 fields for a 6 month span of getting XH on the them with those fields dying super fast

Vatallus
Jul 28, 2015, 10:05 PM
The nonsensical rage on these forums never fails to slake my thirst when I want to read drama. It is almost like actually playing the game is too hard for some people now.

ArcaneTechs
Jul 28, 2015, 10:06 PM
The nonsensical rage on these forums never fails to slake my thirst when I want to read drama. It is almost like actually playing the game is too hard for some people now.
Quality below XH is very real and very difficult for your average player i tell you what

Vatallus
Jul 28, 2015, 10:09 PM
Quality below XH is very real and very difficult for your average player i tell you what

I watched Lv 80 Titled Hunar in Beach Wars 3 knock out 6 players with one strike. I was overjoyed.

Cyber Meteor
Jul 28, 2015, 10:12 PM
This situation is just as ridiculous as it was with the CT+Banish/Volg event on Magatsu, SEGA is complaining that ppl are just playing the game, they were putting more effort into advertising new 13* than new 12* but if you try to get them as fast as possible they complain and make it so it's harder to get. If we weren't supposed to get the 13* in the EQ they shouldn't have put Gryphon in first place. i'm even surprised they haven't decided to remove him

the_importer_
Jul 28, 2015, 10:14 PM

I can't speak for everyone here, especially for the ones that will just play the same freaking quests over and over, but I've done almost everything that can be done in this game in terms of quests. If I say it's getting stale, it's getting stale. This game should be more than just hunting for the new rares of the week. It's not like people are actually using all these weapons they're getting, at this point, they're more like trophies than anything else.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13sHdaDOkarJns8LkWKaPLhbjKeWR_2Hl6zy2XSd57iA/edit#gid=1467357165

LonelyGaruga
Jul 28, 2015, 10:24 PM
I can't speak for everyone here

If I say it's getting stale, it's getting stale.

Did you even read your own post...

kingdanny
Jul 28, 2015, 10:33 PM
I can't speak for everyone here, especially for the ones that will just play the same freaking quests over and over, but I've done almost everything that can be done in this game in terms of quests. If I say it's getting stale, it's getting stale. This game should be more than just hunting for the new rares of the week. It's not like people are actually using all these weapons they're getting, at this point, they're more like trophies than anything else.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13sHdaDOkarJns8LkWKaPLhbjKeWR_2Hl6zy2XSd57iA/edit#gid=1467357165

What do you suggest for SEGA to do?
"Just another quest we'll get bored of"
"Just another increase in difficulty that isn't a challenge"
"Just another set of weapons for us to farm"
Not trying to come off as mean or anything, it's a real question for me ^^
People complain about new quests, they complain about new weapons, they complain about higher difficulties, so I'd just like to hear some constructive criticism more, rather than the typical complaining. And please, don't try to pick a single scenario that deserved a complaint, because if the scenario was different, the complaint would be different, bottom line is that there would still be a complaint. Complaint complaint complaints c:
p.s. the problem to me seems to be that PSO2 hasn't changed, it's repetitive, but Idk many games that aren't, that's why there's different kinds of games to play c:

Bellion
Jul 28, 2015, 10:36 PM
Am I wrong in thinking that the Rifle with the long range latent is perfect with Sharpshooter?

[SPOILER-BOX]That one is fine as long as you main Ra. Gu/Ra is like RIP.
Rod with Ice is cool, can't say the same for the rest of the elements.
Wired Lance you either give up Holding Current or Heavenly Fall for a boost.
Bow doesn't work for Kamikaze Arrow at all, limited by the range of close or mid which is actually pretty strict and is disappointing for a bow.
Wand for Te/Hu is perfect, not so much for Te/Fi or Br.
Boots is like you can still be out of range with its PAs for zero range.
Double Saber zero range doesn't work for pre-suction distant mobs for Chaos Riser nor Hurricane Sender, and charged Deadly Archer.
TMG Satellite Aim spam, can't go wrong with that.[/SPOILER-BOX]

the_importer_
Jul 28, 2015, 10:48 PM
What do you suggest for SEGA to do?
"Just another quest we'll get bored of"
"Just another increase in difficulty that isn't a challenge"
"Just another set of weapons for us to farm"
Not trying to come off as mean or anything, it's a real question for me ^^
People complain about new quests, they complain about new weapons, they complain about higher difficulties, so I'd just like to hear some constructive criticism more, rather than the typical complaining. And please, don't try to pick a single scenario that deserved a complaint, because if the scenario was different, the complaint would be different, bottom line is that there would still be a complaint. Complaint complaint complaints c:
p.s. the problem to me seems to be that PSO2 hasn't changed, it's repetitive, but Idk many games that aren't, that's why there's different kinds of games to play c:

The only thing that can help PSO2 is the same thing that helps every other Online RPGs, new quests and level cap increase. The only problem is that PSO2 is not a "huge game", so anything they add doesn't keep people's interest for too long and it goes back to be a treasure hunt. Honestly, I don't think anything else can be done but to finish the story mode and make PSO3 :p

ArcaneTechs
Jul 28, 2015, 10:58 PM
I watched Lv 80 Titled Hunar in Beach Wars 3 knock out 6 players with one strike. I was overjoyed.
The quality unfortunately carries over into XH since when Hunar goes unto rage mode, nobody bothers to move out of zero range or get to a safety range then come back in and attack, you just watch around 3-8 drop to the floor and laugh

Vatallus
Jul 28, 2015, 11:22 PM
The quality unfortunately carries over into XH since when Hunar goes unto rage mode, nobody bothers to move out of zero range or get to a safety range then come back in and attack, you just watch around 3-8 drop to the floor and laugh

This, so much this. The first ground slam took 6 people. Sadly since the MPA was slow and we lacked a weak bullet Hunar managed to do it a 2nd time later. The 2nd time he took another 4 people. Even if that was a person's first time fighting Hunar there should have been a light bulb popping up after seeing what happened the first time.

Part of "skill" is just learning and adapting. It seems even basic human traits is too much for some people. I'll be honest though. I am an awful person and enjoy watching half of the MPA explode to a bosses attack. Even more so if I am recording.

ArcaneTechs
Jul 28, 2015, 11:27 PM
Part of "skill" is just learning and adapting. It seems even basic human traits is too much for some people.
TD1-3 being perfect examples of this.....and maybe TA's......and C-Mode....

I'll be honest though, I am an awful person and enjoy watching half of the MPA explode to a bosses attack.
I watch the group and if I know theyre not even going to bother to get to safety, I'll sit back and watch the show, I won't revive either, I'll let someone else do it.

It's like fighting Ringahda over and over and still never learning anything from fighting it

Bellion
Jul 28, 2015, 11:31 PM
So, how about those Gal Griffon 'suction tornado transition to a slam after 10 years' deaths
SEGA is going to save some people, look on the bright side.

Shady3011
Jul 29, 2015, 12:00 AM
So, how about those Gal Griffon 'suction tornado transition to a slam after 10 years' deaths
SEGA is going to save some people, look on the bright side.

I get a good laugh when I see people use their PB while they are in there then die anyway.

TaigaUC
Jul 29, 2015, 12:08 AM
It's because shitty game mechanics don't stop people playing as much as getting the best gear quickly.
The whole thing says a lot about just what PSO2 has to offer in terms of actual content.
It's super easy to just add new weapons with slightly different stats and make people do the same old shit to get them.
And here I thought PSO2 was heading in a good direction at the start of episode 3. We've basically just gone full circle instead.

They probably have this huge backlog of weapons just sitting there waiting to be added to drop tables.

Thanks. I haven't done that since XH first came out.
Because, you know, it's just the same damn EQ from the entire first year or so of PSO2.

oceanic menance when that returns also has the fucker could also get lucky in a coast aq i guess

Yeah, tried that a bunch of times. He's really rare. Guess will try again later, thanks.

Rakurai
Jul 29, 2015, 01:35 PM
I'm confused as to how/where the heck the JP players are organizing their groups for this.

There was almost a dozen different numbered groups of players on ship 6 for the previous EQ, but contrary to my expectations, none of them were on block 13 (Me and only two other parties of people were actually hunting for rare griffons there).

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 29, 2015, 02:27 PM

I got to watch like 2-3 other bravers spamming fudo (AOE stun) for some reason.

How does one miss the fact that hardstun is worthless/redundant VS ~95% of the game?

Chdata
Jul 29, 2015, 03:12 PM
They still need to add Endurance Mode and Strongman Mode

Endurance Mode = 1-4 players | no moons, no healing items (techs/potentials are okay), fight wave after wave of enemies while their levels keep increasing
Strongman Mode = 1-4 players | no moons, similar to UQ or TA or something - you just complete some quest but it's very difficult

Achelousaurus
Jul 30, 2015, 04:23 AM
It's because shitty game mechanics don't stop people playing as much as getting the best gear quickly.
The whole thing says a lot about just what PSO2 has to offer in terms of actual content.
It's super easy to just add new weapons with slightly different stats and make people do the same old shit to get them.
And here I thought PSO2 was heading in a good direction at the start of episode 3. We've basically just gone full circle instead.

They probably have this huge backlog of weapons just sitting there waiting to be added to drop tables.

Yeah.
There are a lot of big problems keeping the game from being truly fun.
Instead of addressing any of these, Sega piles on more and more trickles of sorta neat new content of which only a bit is actually good. And of which nothing changes anything about the real problems.
I'd rather play the same stuff 100 times when the game is fixed than 10 new quests and 100 new weapons with the current state.

How does one miss the fact that hardstun is worthless/redundant VS ~95% of the game?
I recently was in a 3/12 mpa cause people left the instant EQ time was over.
Only me as full support te and a fi and a bo, both shooting at hunar with gs.

Maenara
Jul 30, 2015, 04:48 AM

If you're running Fighter with Chase Advance, stun gives you a nice ~43% boost to your next attack's damage. With the new Pursuing Strike katana, this becomes ~74%. I played around with it for a short while, and its innate Ilzan works wonders for setting up Kazan Type-0. I did Ilzan->Fudo->Kazan, which seems to work wonders for mobbing. On the other hand, I've never seriously used katana previously, so I don't know how much better or worse it is than normal.

Achelousaurus
Jul 31, 2015, 04:41 AM
Stun totally slipped my mind.
Anyone got experience with a chase build not relying on weapon status but on stun?

Rakurai
Jul 31, 2015, 05:04 AM
I'd like to hope they're increasing Nyau's appearance rate, not reducing it, because Gal Gryphon is like the only appealing thing about the quest.

I'm surprised that there's still far more people running it normally then trying to gryphon farm.

elryan
Jul 31, 2015, 05:07 AM
I get a good laugh when I see people use their PB while they are in there then die anyway.

Photon Blast activation renders you invulnerable yo.

isCasted
Jul 31, 2015, 05:25 AM
Photon Blast activation renders you invulnerable yo.

That's why he's laughing, duh. You can release PB too early and die. Alternatively, PB will be released automatically if you hold it for too long.

All PBs in chain are released when leader's PB is released, so one idiot/troll can screw up everyone in range.

Achelousaurus
Aug 3, 2015, 04:52 AM
Yeah, some people release when the tornado is over. But the tornado isn't the problem, the huge stomp afterwards is.

LunaSolstice
Aug 3, 2015, 12:16 PM
I'm surprised that there's still far more people running it normally then trying to gryphon farm.

That's because a lot of other good drops come from bikini wars too such as a Final Nemesis PA dropping from Nove Ringadarl in the last bikini wars and its a good place to find level 17 PAs.

[Ayumi]
Aug 3, 2015, 02:15 PM
I'd like to hope they're increasing Nyau's appearance rate, not reducing it, because Gal Gryphon is like the only appealing thing about the quest.

They need to make Nyau the only one that spawns.

Vatallus
Aug 4, 2015, 03:14 AM
Well, from my understanding is they will design it so Nyau always spawns... at the very end of the lap after they implement the teleport change. Don't take my word for it since it didn't come from my usual informational friend.

GrieverXVII
Aug 4, 2015, 03:44 AM
Just read through the entire topic. Interesting read. I've been on and off with PSO2 JP about three times. First time was when tigredore was the best assault rifle, second was when seabed was final area, and presently Kuron which I cant figure out how to unlock considering ive cleared the appropriate mission a dozen times...

I'd like to just say though that, all mmo's have their problems, lets not single out pso2/sega. I just dumped two months into elder scrolls online and can list a ton of crap that game lacks compared to pso2. Reading all these posts made me think that maybe some of you are burned out of pso2? Every time I come back to this game, i have a great time despite the smaller issues and the long term issues it may create, I dont linger in this game long enough to let it burden me and I end up having a great time playing each time I come back. Also...elitism was starting to show a bit too much, everyone needs to learn the game, everyone learns differently...you never know whos playing behind the pixels...to sit there and not attempt to help or teach people and instead mock them via posts on a forum or laughing at them, not reviving is kind of a scum move...it may be a sign to take a break from the game and recollect yourself because lot of you dont sound like you're having fun playing this game anymore :/

wefwq
Aug 4, 2015, 04:09 AM
Just read through the entire topic. Interesting read. I've been on and off with PSO2 JP about three times. First time was when tigredore was the best assault rifle, second was when seabed was final area, and presently Kuron which I cant figure out how to unlock considering ive cleared the appropriate mission a dozen times...

I'd like to just say though that, all mmo's have their problems, lets not single out pso2/sega. I just dumped two months into elder scrolls online and can list a ton of crap that game lacks compared to pso2. Reading all these posts made me think that maybe some of you are burned out of pso2? Every time I come back to this game, i have a great time despite the smaller issues and the long term issues it may create, I dont linger in this game long enough to let it burden me and I end up having a great time playing each time I come back. Also...elitism was starting to show a bit too much, everyone needs to learn the game, everyone learns differently...you never know whos playing behind the pixels...to sit there and not attempt to help or teach people and instead mock them via posts on a forum or laughing at them, not reviving is kind of a scum move...it may be a sign to take a break from the game and recollect yourself because lot of you dont sound like you're having fun playing this game anymore :/
i want to take a break by playing the other game but sega don't allow me to with those event and updates :^(

Cyber Meteor
Aug 4, 2015, 05:12 AM
@GrieverXVII Well, Kuron is story quest only for now, Matterboard 3-6 but it'll be available as a free field tomorrow after maintenance:D. However the main problem here is that SEGA just released an overpowered category of weapon too soon, the 13* weapons, while 12* weren't even the next level of rarity, i mean, we were still getting 11*, and ppl getting 12* were pretty rare, but the other error SEGA made was to advertise them more than new 12*, i mean look at the lyrics of Rare drop Koi Koi new song, it's all about getting a "rainbow of your dream":-P (13* are rainbow stars and box).

Then a more recent problem that started with Lillipa UQ was when they decided to do an alternative way of getting 13* and not doing that for 12*, you could get a 13* for sure but you had to play the quest over and over for weeks if you wanted it to get to 60 elem, if it didn't drop for you while 12* were still drop only and not common at all. Then they put 13* weapons on Gal gryphon and made them the most powerful weapon of the game (there are some category of weapons where the potential isn't worth but in terms of raw power, nothing beats them aside from the 3 13* dropping from Profound Invasion EQ). And with Beach Wars, they decided to put Gryphon at lvl 80 and boosted his drop rate by a lot, so ppl naturally did those farming tricks because who will refuse an almost granted 13* to 60 elem for practically less effort than Anga farming or LQ badges or even 12* eq-farming? But SEGA isn't pleased that ppl can get 13* easily, while they basically did everything to make you want them more than any other weapon, they want you to spam for 13* for weeks to get none and not playing few hours to get some 13*s. So those changes about beach wars aren't pleasant for us because it's like being blamed for making our life easier:-? They're purposely making this game a grindfest, more than before (12* are EQ only for most of them, 13* can be farmed at anytime), and Kuron will be no exception but this time they'll also implement a granted way to get 12* which isn't bad. There are signs they're trying to make 13* kinda less appealing, they'll release new potentials on 12* weapons and they look pretty good, what is unknown is if they'll reduce the gap between them and 13* by a lot or just a little (Lavis blades seems in a good way)

So yeah, ppl are kinda pissed, 13* require to invest lots of time and the new content is kinda bound to them, it would probably have been different if they were EQ only and more importantly, released after we got a bunch of 12*, not a the same time. Anyway, after this event and not getting any 13* at all no matter what, including Beach wars rare gryphon farming, i'll consider it's not the time to get a 13* now, and i'll wait the next difficulty to try to get one, i'm even wondering if we're even supposed to get a 13* lol, so now, focusing on 12*, definitly less stressful:D

Vatallus
Aug 4, 2015, 05:18 AM
snip

I actually agree that 13*s came too soon. XH isn't balanced for 13*s but for 11*s. Certain 12*s already make XH a cakewalk and then when you factor in 13*s...

Not to mention they still had plenty of potential for new 12*s. They barely had any 12* selections before they added 13*s.

13*s are a want, not a need. Two of my three characters are still running 12*s. I can still keep up and do more than my fair share of work in MPAs.

That said a 13* really is not that glorious unless you can 40-60 element it. Otherwise a 50 element 11/12* is going to be on par or better.

Hell I was running +50 SHAQs for the past two days starting with a lv 55 character. Only then did it feel balanced when I wasn't murdering everything instantly.

Unnamed Player
Aug 5, 2015, 06:42 AM
So, how is it? Better? Worse?

Tournesol
Aug 5, 2015, 06:55 AM

Did one run then quit.

wefwq
Aug 5, 2015, 07:01 AM
They're adding the teleporter fence but didn't remove the quest point system.
Being late to the launchsite and you'll get left behind by yourself in the near end of the quest.

It's shit.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Aug 5, 2015, 08:10 AM
They're adding the teleporter fence but didn't remove the quest point system.
Being late to the launchsite and you'll get left behind by yourself in the near end of the quest.

It's shit.

Brilliant design.

Meteor Weapon
Aug 5, 2015, 09:07 AM
Well it's Segac....they never play test their own game correctly.

[Ayumi]
Aug 5, 2015, 12:23 PM
I did 2 runs.
1st run right at the very end before looping back to the beginning I saw Nyau which spawned a Gels.
The moment Gels died, the mpa went from 12/12 to 4/12 so I left.

2nd run I completed it and then thought "Yup, just like the last 2 Beach Wars before this one... I hate it."

If it was still boost week it would've been good for what thy did to Beach Wars as every single area seemed to have a code in it. Though as someone just said, if you started up the mission, and went afk even for maybe 1 min or even 30 seconds, the mpa will start without you and when thei get all their points, then they will leave and you won't be able to do anything about it.

Beach Wars is dead now.