PDA

View Full Version : windows 10 compatibility comfirmt?

infiniteeverlasting
Jul 29, 2015, 12:58 AM
So has anyone tried it out?

ShinMegamiSensei
Jul 29, 2015, 01:02 AM
Official statement from Sega is to wait it out until their final verification step with Microsoft is finished. However, I can run it on build 10.0.10240 without issue.

Kinaya
Jul 29, 2015, 01:46 AM
DO IT (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuHfVn_cfHU)

Lumpen Thingy
Jul 29, 2015, 01:46 AM
I think it might be comfirmt

Rain Walker
Jul 29, 2015, 02:20 AM
Flawlessly o3o

trentjosh
Jul 29, 2015, 01:27 PM
There are some problems if you are using an xbone controller but other than that it seems perfect.

Examples of the problems are right trigger doesnt work left trigger does both the left trigger and right trigger action. when your in the inventory the controller will automatically highlight options although hitting shift will fix that most of the time.

Asuka~
Jul 29, 2015, 02:52 PM
There are some problems if you are using an xbone controller but other than that it seems perfect.

Examples of the problems are right trigger doesnt work left trigger does both the left trigger and right trigger action. when your in the inventory the controller will automatically highlight options although hitting shift will fix that most of the time.

Oh I see. :o Also where are you from if you mind me asking? It's like nearly 9PM in the UK at the moment and no notification yet. I am aware that it is releasing in waves and going to the insiders and stuff first but hmm...

Nulve
Jul 29, 2015, 03:38 PM
I'm still on Windows 7, does that mean I'll have to reinstall PSO2 when I upgrade to Windows 10?

I have PSO2 saved on another hard drive, not the one the OS is installed on, as well.

Asuka~
Jul 29, 2015, 03:54 PM
I'm still on Windows 7, does that mean I'll have to reinstall PSO2 when I upgrade to Windows 10?

I have PSO2 saved on another hard drive, not the one the OS is installed on, as well.

Apparently not according to this link: click here. (http://superuser.com/questions/923985/will-windows-10-erase-all-my-files-if-i-upgrade-from-windows-8-1)

Flaoc
Jul 29, 2015, 04:01 PM
Apparently not according to this link: click here. (http://superuser.com/questions/923985/will-windows-10-erase-all-my-files-if-i-upgrade-from-windows-8-1)

oh shi... so its confirmed this is working fine for now? this was my biggest obstacle right here as i didnt want to have to install pso2 yet again

Asuka~
Jul 29, 2015, 04:11 PM
oh shi... so its confirmed this is working fine for now? this was my biggest obstacle right here as i didnt want to have to install pso2 yet again

Should be fine, yeah. Rain Walker and trentjosh and a friend of mine also seem to have it up and running though there can be some issues it seems. Then again, it is release day after all. _(:3

I'm downloading it right now on another computer and I'll see how that goes. But on my main computer that I use I can see that there seem to be no problems with compatibility apparently. [SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/efrca1a.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/wx4QSVB.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Edit: I'm not sure if the "You're good to go" thing has always been like that as in, prior to the day of release. Should be fine though.

Gama
Jul 29, 2015, 05:44 PM
getting gameguard error "a debugger was found running please unload it from memory bla bla bla.

trying to figure hwo to fix it

TALOON
Jul 29, 2015, 08:52 PM
Just installed Win10 this morning. Game works fine after doing a directx update and gfx driver install.

One thing to note for people using xbox one controller, I was getting the same issue with triggers acting funny. Simply went and downloaded the Xbox One Controller drivers and it seemed to work fine after that. Which is REALLY odd as I figured it would just come with the driver already? But I guess not lol.

Flaoc
Jul 29, 2015, 08:57 PM
well on windows 10 now and it is working fine.. hell i think my game is running smoother than it did on windows 7

ShinMegamiSensei
Jul 29, 2015, 09:51 PM
Woo just got the official build on my desktop and I can say it runs a lot better for me than on windows 8, now. (Had non-legit w10 on my craptop when I said it was working before.)

wefwq
Jul 29, 2015, 09:55 PM
tfw important driver still not supported
;_;

Jaquecz
Jul 29, 2015, 10:31 PM
I don't know If this is a problem with Windows10 or if it's just me, but ever since about a half hour ago, the game just closes itself out of nowhere, there is no error message or a bug-splat, the game just closes as if I closed it myself.

I'll probably test it out later to see if it really is windows 10 or a derp-up on my part.

zerojad
Jul 29, 2015, 11:00 PM
Well I just updated to Windows 10, the game crashes after 10 minutes.

I searched around, it says is something about GameGuard not having Windows 10 on whitelist or something about protection. Maybe have to wait for an update of GameGuard.

Edit: My PSO2 seems working after deleting Wacom Pen Tablet program.

ShinMegamiSensei
Jul 30, 2015, 12:49 AM
That should have already been taken care of with the latest gameguard update... I've been in-game for a couple hours already after upgrading on this PC.

xBM
Jul 30, 2015, 12:52 AM
Are there noticeable improvements on PSO2 when switching to Windows 10?

wefwq
Jul 30, 2015, 01:17 AM
^ interested on this as well, anyone already do some comparison?

tuxdude143
Jul 30, 2015, 01:30 AM
I don't know If this is a problem with Windows10 or if it's just me, but ever since about a half hour ago, the game just closes itself out of nowhere, there is no error message or a bug-splat, the game just closes as if I closed it myself.

I'll probably test it out later to see if it really is windows 10 or a derp-up on my part.

No it isn't. Game crashes for me like that as well. I looked into the windows event logs and traced it back to a gameguard module crashing abnormally which is why you see no diolog box and pso2 crashes and burns (as gameguard takes the game it is attached to with it)

It seems that this only happens on some pc's but not others. I am currently trying to isolate the reason behind why so if you could either post or pm me your pc hardware specs then that would be much appreciated

Here is a link to the 2 pastebins that contain the event log info.
http://pastebin.com/1VfGUbRj
http://pastebin.com/t0A55dq0

tuxdude143
Jul 30, 2015, 01:48 AM
In fact. Everyone, no matter if pso2 is running on your 10 machine or not, post your PC specs in here and how you installed windows 10 (i.e was it an upgrade or fresh install)

I want to see if there is a pattern to what causes this

Asuka~
Jul 30, 2015, 06:11 AM
Working smooth for me now, woohoo.

xBM
Jul 30, 2015, 06:47 AM
Working flawlessly here too.

Regarding the performance, there is not much of a performance boost really. Latency lag and the skipping lag is still in the game but I've only had the game up for around an hour and Windows is still searching for incompatible programs (my AV disappeared from my desktop) so my computer performance is fluctuating.

Also, the color scheme and contrast of Windows 10 goes quite well with PSO2 in windowed mode/virtual fullscreen and I like it.

sega pls take advantage of dx12

Yamishi
Jul 30, 2015, 09:00 AM
Running Windows 10 build 10240, upgraded from a previous Windows 10 build, but did a clean install of that.

It's on my eight-year-old laptop, 1.9Ghz dual-core processor with 4GB RAM and some awful integrated graphics. Doesn't run great, but I can play the game.

Performance actually seems better on Windows 10 than it did on Windows 8, though I haven't done side-by-side framerate comparisons or anything of the sort, so it could just be the effect of it being shiny and new. :-?

Gama
Jul 30, 2015, 09:29 AM
fixed my gameguard issue, had to turn off some services that monitored apps "from second party apps" then it worked fine.

performance seems better at leat lobby lag got allot better.

Asuka~
Jul 30, 2015, 10:53 AM
Yeah. I agree with the performance of the game giving off the impression that it runs a bit better. Maybe GG-senpai finally noticed us.

ShinMegamiSensei
Jul 30, 2015, 10:56 AM
The xbox app is awesome for recording quick things at any moment in-game owo!

RobertLTF
Jul 30, 2015, 03:29 PM
in mention to my earlier post, i did fix the gameguard NP1002 by doing a system reset, however now i get random crashes to desktop, i jumped into an LQ and by the time i got the the gryphon, it crashed, i was on XH, to give a rough perspective of the time before crashing. but its just a random crash to desktop, no error, no warning, no lack of response from pso2 or freezing, just bam. gone. any ideas?

Rain Walker
Jul 30, 2015, 04:51 PM
in mention to my earlier post, i did fix the gameguard NP1002 by doing a system reset, however now i get random crashes to desktop, i jumped into an LQ and by the time i got the the gryphon, it crashed, i was on XH, to give a rough perspective of the time before crashing. but its just a random crash to desktop, no error, no warning, no lack of response from pso2 or freezing, just bam. gone. any ideas?

File check with directx reinstall owo?

RobertLTF
Jul 30, 2015, 05:26 PM
i did a file check for missing and outdated files, and then it downloaded the missing ones prior to starting the game, no dice

Neith
Jul 30, 2015, 06:05 PM
Running PSO2 on Windows 10 with no issues whatsoever. Game runs smoothly (performance is better for me than it was on Windows 7). I used to get slight frame stutter in some areas but now that's completely gone.

For comparison, my PC specs are:
i7 4790K 4Ghz
8GB DDR3 RAM
EVGA GTX660

cragner2
Jul 30, 2015, 07:57 PM
Im still gonna wait to get win 10

Shinamori
Jul 30, 2015, 09:05 PM
Can't play, Windows 10 thinks GG is a debugger.

infiniteeverlasting
Jul 31, 2015, 12:15 AM
i can log on without problems, but often game crashes before i can finish quest so....

tuxdude143
Jul 31, 2015, 12:24 AM
fixed my gameguard issue, had to turn off some services that monitored apps "from second party apps" then it worked fine.

performance seems better at leat lobby lag got allot better.
Could you please be more specific. A lot of us are having problems getting the game running so giving us an extremely vague answer and expecting us to figure out what you exactly did is just not gonna work.

Could you please post exactly what services you disabled (I.E what were they called in the services panel)

sharkbyt3
Jul 31, 2015, 01:50 AM
Just registered to also share my troubles. Game crashes 10-30 minutes after startup. Doesn't matter what I do (I can go afk and it crashes). No information/error displayed; game just quits (sometimes says PSO2.exe has stopped responding).

Have already re-downloaded gameguard, checked for invalid files, re-run patcher, disable/uninstall AVAST antivirus, reset PSO2 settings.

-----------------------
Computer specs:
ASUS UX501JW - Win10 Home edition; i7 4720hq; GTX 960m on latest drivers; DirectX12
PSO2 is running of external portable hdd connected via usb3.0 (works fine for my other MMOs like GW2, Skyforge, Aion)
-----------------------
I just got the game and want to play it damnit :(

Rain Walker
Jul 31, 2015, 03:50 AM
Right so when i woke up and turned on pso2 i was greeted with NP1002. All i did was using tweaker gameguard fix, disabling the game bar, antivirus and then rebooted. Working fine now :sleepy:

About game crashes, try install dx from the redist folder of any game <:

infiniteeverlasting
Jul 31, 2015, 05:04 AM
Right so when i woke up and turned on pso2 i was greeted with NP1002. All i did was using tweaker gameguard fix, disabling the game bar, antivirus and then rebooted. Working fine now :sleepy:

About game crashes, try install dx from the redist folder of any game <:

what do you mean?

xBM
Jul 31, 2015, 05:11 AM
what do you mean?

redist is just a run-time component that are mostly required to run applications.

I don't think PSO2 has a redist folder because almost every computer should have that installed already.

Back on topic though,

Seems like Windows 10 does improve the performance of the game just a little bit. I was running on virtual fullscreen and when I switched to full screen, the game was much more responsive.

I had about 20 fps increase in W10 than W8.

SneakHayabusa
Jul 31, 2015, 07:09 AM
I was able to play PSO2 for a few hours yesterday after reading this thread that ppl were able to play, as I wasn't the day before, but after a while, PSO2 stopped responding and when I tried to start back up, about 10sec after entering the lobby, I keep getting hit with NP1013 again. I don't know why.

Asuka~
Jul 31, 2015, 08:12 AM
I was able to play PSO2 for a few hours yesterday after reading this thread that ppl were able to play, as I wasn't the day before, but after a while, PSO2 stopped responding and when I tried to start back up, about 10sec after entering the lobby, I keep getting hit with NP1013 again. I don't know why.

Yeah I also get that error. Well the game plays fine with Nvidia Inspector but when I try to use Sweetfx about 30 seconds after entering the lobby - I get that error. Works fine without it though. :x

keroseazle
Jul 31, 2015, 03:44 PM
Does no one know how to fix the crashing every 10 minutes issue? (other than resetting your pc) It'd be really help for a lot of people if we could find a fix to this.

I've already tried,
- un-installing pso2 and re-installing
- deleting everything in the pso2 fold after deleting pso2 and re-installing
- deleting the game guard folder
- turning notifications off
- turning life tiles off
- digging into the setting and turning off anything that looks like it would mess with pso2
- turning off game bar

and I still have the issue.

Edit: also I had windows 8.1 before updating to windows 10, and my pc is a lenovo with 6.00Gb ram & 64bit Os.

Shinamori
Jul 31, 2015, 04:22 PM
Sega said it's not recommended to update to Win10. GameGuard and/or PSO2 isn't fully compatible with Win10.

RobertLTF
Jul 31, 2015, 04:31 PM
Just registered to also share my troubles. Game crashes 10-30 minutes after startup. Doesn't matter what I do (I can go afk and it crashes). No information/error displayed; game just quits (sometimes says PSO2.exe has stopped responding).

Have already re-downloaded gameguard, checked for invalid files, re-run patcher, disable/uninstall AVAST antivirus, reset PSO2 settings.

-----------------------
Computer specs:
ASUS UX501JW - Win10 Home edition; i7 4720hq; GTX 960m on latest drivers; DirectX12
PSO2 is running of external portable hdd connected via usb3.0 (works fine for my other MMOs like GW2, Skyforge, Aion)
-----------------------
I just got the game and want to play it damnit :(

im also having the same issue of crashing randomly, anyone who can offer a reason or a fix?

keroseazle
Jul 31, 2015, 04:46 PM
oh I almost forgot, when the game crashes it don't have an error code it just say, pso2.exe has stopped working.

SneakHayabusa
Jul 31, 2015, 09:06 PM
Yeah I also get that error. Well the game plays fine with Nvidia Inspector but when I try to use Sweetfx about 30 seconds after entering the lobby - I get that error. Works fine without it though. :x

Thanks! Figured that may have been it since i decided to put in my SweetFX. Deleted the files and can play now.

Asuka~
Jul 31, 2015, 10:02 PM
Thanks! Figured that may have been it since i decided to put in my SweetFX. Deleted the files and can play now.

Yeah my game wasn't opening at all with the SweetFX files in there. Inspector's working fine now btw after re-downloading it. Also, updating your DirectX End User Runtime helps apparently. I read somewhere that using Reshade (Google Reshade SweetFX and click on Reshade.me) allowed people to use SweetFX on Windows 10 without an issue. I'm gonna try it tomorrow morning but if it doesn't work... Welp.

sharkbyt3
Jul 31, 2015, 11:30 PM
Uhhh, for those of us without SweetFX, wat do?

tuxdude143
Jul 31, 2015, 11:44 PM
Ok, has anyone as of yet found a fix to the whole pso2 just crashing out of the blue yet?

Mutsuki15
Jul 31, 2015, 11:54 PM
I seem to be having a unique issue where the game will have a lot of strange screen tearing, most notably on loading screens and in lobbies. When it happens I can kind of tell that the game is hanging on by a thread, because if I do something too strenuous in game my entire pc will freeze and force me to reset. I've done a file check, reinstalled gameguard, reinstalled nvidia drivers and changed graphics settings to lowest, all to no avail.

I was able to play perfectly fine a few times after upgrading, but now the game runs at about 10 fps in lobbies even on lowest and I have to be careful not to trigger a crash. On win8.1 it could easily run the game on highest so I'm not quite sure what is triggering this. Anyone else experienced this problem?

xBM
Aug 1, 2015, 03:24 AM
I seem to be having a unique issue where the game will have a lot of strange screen tearing, most notably on loading screens and in lobbies. When it happens I can kind of tell that the game is hanging on by a thread, because if I do something too strenuous in game my entire pc will freeze and force me to reset. I've done a file check, reinstalled gameguard, reinstalled nvidia drivers and changed graphics settings to lowest, all to no avail.

I was able to play perfectly fine a few times after upgrading, but now the game runs at about 10 fps in lobbies even on lowest and I have to be careful not to trigger a crash. On win8.1 it could easily run the game on highest so I'm not quite sure what is triggering this. Anyone else experienced this problem?

If you don't mind me asking, do you also see screen tearing on YouTube videos or graphical artifacts?

Back to your question though, yes I am also experiencing screen tearing but it's not bothering me in anyway. I am using an Intel GPU and not an Nvidia GPU though.

But I expected these bugs and weird stuff considering Windows 10 is only out for 3 days. Also, you might want to consider checking your GPU manufacturers website everyday.

Mutsuki15
Aug 1, 2015, 04:11 AM
If you don't mind me asking, do you also see screen tearing on YouTube videos or graphical artifacts?

Nope, just in PSO2. It seems like the tearing is only occurring as the FPS drops when a character model is loading or on a loading screen. Pretty sure it must be a GPU error. Hopefully in the inevitable driver updates on the way this will get fixed.

Mutsuki15
Aug 1, 2015, 05:21 AM
Alright, I think I've fixed my problem. Just in case anyone else has this problem I restored the global settings in nvidia control panel to default. This may be all there was to it, but I also turned anti aliasing up to 2x (also turned on AA ingame) and changed the power save and multi display settings to max performance. No screen tearing or crashes from what I can tell, tested on multiple clients.

I've got no idea which of these things fixed it, but it seems fine now. Just another strange OS upgrade adventure I guess.

Neith
Aug 1, 2015, 06:08 AM
Alright, I think I've fixed my problem. Just in case anyone else has this problem I restored the global settings in nvidia control panel to default. This may be all there was to it, but I also turned anti aliasing up to 2x (also turned on AA ingame) and changed the power save and multi display settings to max performance. No screen tearing or crashes from what I can tell, tested on multiple clients.

I've got no idea which of these things fixed it, but it seems fine now. Just another strange OS upgrade adventure I guess.

Screen tearing is v-sync related. My nVidia control panel did the same and I had tearing until I turned v-sync back on.

infiniteeverlasting
Aug 1, 2015, 09:09 AM
Ok, has anyone as of yet found a fix to the whole pso2 just crashing out of the blue yet?

nope, still crashing, especially upon teleportation during Limited quest.

ShinMegamiSensei
Aug 1, 2015, 11:02 AM
I hope they fix compatibility with everyone's PCs soon ;c

I've had zero issues since upgrading (and I play like all day lmao), but I don't know what info would be helpful.

Punisher106
Aug 1, 2015, 11:54 AM
For me, it runs without a hitch.

KazeSenoue
Aug 1, 2015, 03:26 PM
Works perfectly here.

keroseazle
Aug 3, 2015, 12:59 AM
Ok I found out why a lot of us were crashing and getting the pso2.exe has stopped working issues, now what I'm going to say is going to sound ridiculous but I kid you not do this and pso2 WILL WORK AND WONT CRASH AT ALL me and the leader of my team has done this and proved that it works.

Now all you have to do is turn system sound off,
ya you heard me, you need to turn all sound on your pc off, and I kid you not after you do this you wont crash.

i don't know why the sound causes pso2 to crash every 10 minutes in windows 10 but it does and this issues should be fixed next update but in till then get out your phones and listen to music on that because your sound will have to stay muted if you don't want to crash.

sharkbyt3
Aug 3, 2015, 02:37 AM
I also fixed it by deleting the PSO2 folder in My Documents.

But then it crashed, and the error came back. Redeleting the file atm to see if I can fix it again.

[EDIT] CAME BACK :(

zerojad
Aug 3, 2015, 03:05 AM
Ok I found out why a lot of us were crashing and getting the pso2.exe has stopped working issues, now what I'm going to say is going to sound ridiculous but I kid you not do this and pso2 WILL WORK AND WONT CRASH AT ALL me and the leader of my team has done this and proved that it works.

ya you heard me, you need to turn all sound on your pc off, and I kid you not after you do this you wont crash.

i don't know why the sound causes pso2 to crash every 10 minutes in windows 10 but it does and this issues should be fixed next update but in till then get out your phones and listen to music on that because your sound will have to stay muted if you don't want to crash.

First i saw comment on Bumped psu, about disabling sound properties. So though to try out, seems working but... no sound at all in everything. :-(

Ayumi23
Aug 3, 2015, 06:01 AM

I'm desperate so I might try this because I think windows update has already downloaded the windows 10 files and that might be causing my .exe issues

Edit: Nope ...didn't work but I guess I shouldn't have expected anything since I'm still using windows 7

final_attack
Aug 3, 2015, 07:06 AM
Try resetting Windows 10 once you've installed it (clean install) :o

I fixed my random errors by doing that.

Things that I removed / edit (didn't install it now once I reset my Windows) ......
- ProxyCap (use Proxifier instead if you need one)
- Xbox App (the in-game overlay .... from Settings tab in Xbox App),
- and probably some mp3 programs (using WindowsMediaPlayer and built-in video player now, it's fine) :o

I didn't install any drivers (went with the one built-in Windows 10).

Probably had to do with old programs interfering with Windows 10 (they ran smoothly though) ...... As far as I know, ProxyCap kills any Windows's built in software's connections (Edge, Apps)

keroseazle
Aug 3, 2015, 09:24 AM
First i saw comment on Bumped psu, about disabling sound properties. So though to try out, seems working but... no sound at all in everything. :-(

ya I'm going to run tests today to see if you only need pso2 sound off or not, but even if you do need all of your system sound off I'm sure the issues will be fixed with the next update so just wait it out.

keroseazle
Aug 3, 2015, 09:26 AM
I haven't even upgraded to windows 10 yet and I'm getting the "pso2.exe has stopped working" (on win7) at seemingly random moments anywhere from 10 minutes to 1 hour

I'm desperate so I might try this because I think windows update has already downloaded the windows 10 files and that might be causing my .exe issues

Ya i saw your post on text support and I don't know how to help with that but I think the update might help you since they'll probably be fixing the issues with windows 10 users and the issues your having is kinda similar.

keroseazle
Aug 3, 2015, 09:29 AM

Things that I removed / edit (didn't install it now once I reset my Windows) ......
- and probably some mp3 programs (using WindowsMediaPlayer and built-in video player now, it's fine) :o

Probably had to do with old programs interfering with Windows 10 (they ran smoothly though) ...... As far as I know, ProxyCap kills any Windows's built in software's connections (Edge, Apps)

ya That could work but I personally wouldn't test this fist if your getting issues since it makes you un-able to revert to a previous os. If you are having issues just use this as a last resort.

Ayumi23
Aug 3, 2015, 10:06 AM

I might be forced to upgrade to windows 10 and do exactly that because I'm getting random crashes and I haven't even upgraded to windows 10 yet

final_attack
Aug 3, 2015, 10:28 AM
ya That could work but I personally wouldn't test this fist if your getting issues since it makes you un-able to revert to a previous os. If you are having issues just use this as a last resort.

Ah, yes.

I listed what I removed / did after clean install ..... so people can check those and see if the problem's fixed by removing programs / tweaking the PC a bit .... before Resetting Windows (I reset my Windows twice ^^; )

I haven't tried Bluestacks or other Android emulator though.

RobertLTF
Aug 3, 2015, 10:44 AM
this reminds me of a similar issue as when i played sonic and sega all stars racing for PC, the game would crash if the sound quality was higher than a set limit, so maybe going into playback device properties and adjusting the Hz quality level might be the key here, ill run some tests after i finish re instaling pso2, but i urge you all to try to find out

kevinlazuardy23
Aug 3, 2015, 12:33 PM
hello guys I'm new here
sorry if I post in wrong forum

I have some trouble with this pso2
I already login and stuck after I put my 2nd password

this my pc spec
windows 10 64bit i5
8gb RAM
Nvdia geforcegt 1gb

what should I do ?

DrCatco
Aug 3, 2015, 02:11 PM
I already login and stuck after I put my 2nd password

Sounds like you're in the SEA (South East Asia) version. 2 things you must know:

The SEA version of PSO2 it's under an IP ban for anyone who's not from the SEA region.
Compatibility with Windows 10 is still uncertain for PSO2. That's the reason for this thread.

That's why many of us are here, to know if/when there's a fix for this problem.

I would suggest you to install and play the japanese version of this game, which is what most users of this forum do. You can follow the instructions on http://arks-layer.com/ to play the jp version with english patches. There's also the PSO2 Registration Guide (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210236) here in psow.

If you still want to play the SEA version, then you must use a VPN in order to be able to pass the IP ban. I don't know about VPNs, so I cannot help here.

Lastly, there's the Quick Questions (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213385) thread, where you can get anwsers to common (and not so common) questions. I recommend to read at least the last 10 pages.

Good luck!

wefwq
Aug 3, 2015, 06:14 PM
Does alt+tab crash still persist on win10?

keroseazle
Aug 3, 2015, 06:28 PM
Does alt+tab crash still persist on win10?

No not unless you use full screen.

wefwq
Aug 3, 2015, 06:47 PM
No not unless you use full screen.
well, that's too bad then.
what about random stuttering?

Neith
Aug 4, 2015, 01:28 PM
Stuttering is less noticable than Windows 7 for me. Alt-Tab still crashes the game occasionally in fullscreen.

zerojad
Aug 14, 2015, 07:36 AM
Seems my PSO2 is working after deleting Wacom Pen Tablet program, so far it didnt crash after 40mins+.

infiniteeverlasting
Aug 14, 2015, 10:06 PM
Seems my PSO2 is working after deleting Wacom Pen Tablet program, so far it didnt crash after 40mins+.

that thing does run in the background and take a lot of mem space, but you didn't hafto uninstall your wacom drivers, you could have just ended the process by opening your task manager.

Zorak000
Aug 27, 2015, 03:59 PM
Im getting this problem where the game just closes suddenly after 10 or so minutes

there is no "pso2 has stopped responding" window, it just suddenly closes like something killed the process.

I have already made exceptions for it from windows defender and made gamegaurd update itself; but I would like to avoid doing the "clean" install if I can

Eternal255
Aug 27, 2015, 04:07 PM
Im getting this problem where the game just closes suddenly after 10 or so minutes

there is no "pso2 has stopped responding" window, it just suddenly closes like something killed the process.

I have already made exceptions for it from windows defender and made gamegaurd update itself; but I would like to avoid doing the "clean" install if I can

Someone in the quick questions thread had this same question earlier today so I'll just say what I said there: If I were to guess, it is most likely a corrupt file. If you use the tweaker, the best you can do is restore the original files (if you use the english patches), then re-patch and see if that helped. The next option would be to open the standard launcher, run the "file check" on that so it overwrites whatever changed files and then do the same from there (although I would try out the game without installing the patches after running the launcher, to see if you get the same issue).

Otherwise you're SOL and have to "reinstall".

PS im on windows 10 as well and haven't had issues. So most likely something corrupt.

Zorak000
Aug 27, 2015, 06:03 PM
so far post-official file check it hasn't worked.

my last test for now is running the game via official launcher, and should I still get closed on then I am low on ideas. I'll jam the folder in my documents into a zip file, try a launch like that, I'll try a full pso2 re-install, then I'll just have to see what I need to back up for a clean windows install if all of that does not work

FacelessRed
Aug 27, 2015, 07:57 PM
For me, first time back in a long while, annnnd.. yep doesn't work. Can play for a while but crashes at random. Sometimes with an error, and sometimes just POOF~ gone.