PDA

View Full Version : <Spoilers> Here we talk about MB3-6

Poyonche
Jul 29, 2015, 03:43 AM
This is the only spoiler box i'll put in this topic, if you get spoiled, it is your own fault because there is a "spoilers" in the title.

[SPOILER-BOX]So, the story quest takes place in Kuron(ia), and all I have to say is that those enemies screams when dying are horrible ! Also the quest objective is "Head for Double location" and the chapter name is "Could I save you" something like this.[/SPOILER-BOX]

Qualia
Jul 29, 2015, 03:56 AM
http://i.imgur.com/8QuwEvw.jpg
Oh[/SPOILER-BOX]
Also [SPOILER]we don't get to see double's DF transformation.

Rakurai
Jul 29, 2015, 03:58 AM
Welp, now we know why Xiao didn't want Matoi getting involved in things.

I feel like there's going to be another story quest before the Double (Assuming that's even who we'll be fighting) EQ is introduced, because this one didn't feel like it was leading into a huge battle like the story quests prior to Elder and Loser did.

Poyonche
Jul 29, 2015, 04:23 AM
So... Falz Duoran... What a cool name.

Very big spoilers, look pictures only if interested.

[SPOILER-BOX]
http://i.imgur.com/IxFNZBj.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/KKIVe45.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/S0U1goy.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/9U9k02Q.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/tGaomgG.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/z7g7kqm.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/dZZ7THR.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/QdkiSr4.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/H4t55mH.jpg

[/SPOILER-BOX]

Also, it looks like it is Persona turn to begin to move.

wefwq
Jul 29, 2015, 04:24 AM
Wath a wrist: the chapter

Lots of stuff are getting interesting.

Kondibon
Jul 29, 2015, 04:29 AM
Not reading any of the text, but thanks for reminding me about this.

Maenara
Jul 29, 2015, 04:37 AM
Names are Falz Dourill and Falz Douran.

When you kill either one of them, the other despawns and then Falz Dourumble spanwns.

Poyonche
Jul 29, 2015, 05:56 AM
I think what happened today can go with a theory that people were expecting : Double could be the first phase of the next 12 players EQ, and Profound Darkness could be the 2nd.

Cyber Meteor
Jul 29, 2015, 06:28 AM
mmmm, do you think that Matoi still had her mind when she talked to Sara or she already got the mind of PD? It looks like she's happy to be transformed which is suspicious in some way (if i was PD i would be happy to be back xD). Btw, flower darkers next? lol, that could be cool :p

Poyonche
Jul 29, 2015, 06:30 AM
I think she is still herself and this is why she goes away (also notice the teleportation is the same as Anga). Otherwise she would have attacked Sara, it looked like she was quit happy that Sara talks to her (i also heard oneechan).

Could have been funny if we became Profound Darkness tho. Playing the big bad guy just one time... :0

Kondibon
Jul 29, 2015, 06:44 AM
Yeah, it seems like Matoi either got her memories back, or was just happy to know that she had helped someone before. For those who forgot or hadn't done it Sara was the girl Matoi helped when oldprentice attacked the ARKS ship

Poyonche
Jul 29, 2015, 07:06 AM
Also, wtf is Persona going to do with the Clarissa ?

Kondibon
Jul 29, 2015, 07:11 AM
Also, wtf is Persona going to do with the Clarissa ?It's basically what persona has been looking for the whole game. I'm more surprised Sara just left it there when she saves you. I:

Poyonche
Jul 29, 2015, 07:19 AM
Maybe we were too fat and she couldn't gather both the wand and us.

Cyber Meteor
Jul 29, 2015, 07:26 AM
The more i think about the story the more I want MB 3-7 asap^^; The roadmap showed it was coming along with the new Dark Falz but also after Summer. Damn you SEGA i would have liked to know what Xiao had to say about Matoi's transformation at least but we just got a sad face from him

Poyonche
Jul 29, 2015, 07:35 AM
I'm sure we will have more info this life broadcast (16th August).
I WANT more info.

Cyber Meteor
Jul 29, 2015, 07:46 AM
Funny fact, both Double Hunar and Falz form were in the end teaser at last broadcast, and we already got the Hunar form but we'll get the Falz form like 1-2 months after

Maenara
Jul 29, 2015, 07:49 AM
Funny fact, both Double Hunar and Falz form were in the end teaser at last broadcast, and we already got the Hunar form but we'll get the Falz form like 1-2 months after

That's actually par for the course.

Rakurai
Jul 29, 2015, 07:52 AM
Assuming they're following the usual trend, they'll be fighting the new Falz in the next broadcast.

Whether it's Double, Abyss, or maybe even both in sequence seems up in the air at this point.

Poyonche
Jul 29, 2015, 07:56 AM
Or maybe it will be their first 1h30 EQ. :0

Phase 1 : Double Pre-boss
Phase 2 : Dark Falz Double
Phase 3 : Profound Darkness

Also, what is Double saying after you defeat it ?

Renvalt
Jul 29, 2015, 08:13 AM
Btw, flower darkers next? lol, that could be cool :p

We've had them from the start, it's just that most people don't consider them "Darkers" in the sense that they aren't enemies that pop up in fields, but are rather just objects for E-Codes.

We already have Bulf, Gel Bulf, Funji, Darchyme, Baize.... the only "enemy" that the plant Darkers actually have would be Anga Fundarge, which has a Darchyme as its lower torso (and I've been saying this for ages, but people won't believe me).

Those things "fit" with the whole theme of the PD - they're somewhat formless, they're all parasites that try to soak in all the nutrients around them (in this case, PD wants to drink up every last photon, which would effectively mean drinking the life of the universe i.e. complete destruction of all existence to sustain itself), and they have multiple "parts" to them; Elder would be the stem and branches, Loser would be the roots, Double would be the seeds, Apprentice would be the Hornet that spreads the pollen allowing the seeds to become germinated and thus sprout more plants (referencing the almost infinite troop count that the Falzes have outside of Double just cloning shit), and Persona would be the deceptive nature of the plant itself (ergo, a plant that looks edible but is in fact actually poisonous or vice versa).

Now with that said.... Matoi, you went fucking Pollux on us. What the hell. You NEVER go Pollux, kappa. Even though it's Episode 3, which totes fits the whole PSO1 to PSO2 conversion theme here. Does this make Persona the Castor of the game, or would Double be Castor in this case?

Maenara
Jul 29, 2015, 08:22 AM
Also, [Apprentice] is officially dead:
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/ava0Qze.png[/spoiler-box]

Eucrita finally broke free of the small vestige of [Apprentice] still surviving in her, meaning that no part of [Apprentice] is still alive. It's just doppelgangers now.

Rakurai
Jul 29, 2015, 08:29 AM
It would be lame if we never got yo fight the leader of the most prominent group of Darkers at the peak of their power.

Wonder how they intend address that portion of Apprentice's power that's still sealed somewhere on Lillipa.

Maenara
Jul 29, 2015, 08:32 AM
It would be lame if we never got yo fight the leader of the most prominent group of Darkers at the peak of their power.

Wonder how they intend address that portion of Apprentice's power that's still sealed somewhere on Lillipa.

The Profound Darkness can just make a new [Apprentice] that's just as real as the old one was.

Shear
Jul 29, 2015, 08:37 AM

... if there ever was anything, could be very well that Double merely send her on a wild Goose chase to ensure she doesn't question her lack of Power.

Renvalt
Jul 29, 2015, 08:43 AM
The Profound Darkness can just make a new [Apprentice] that's just as real as the old one was.

You know, now that I think about it.....

Matoi's original goal was to "save everyone", right? If you preserve all the defeated ARKS and just keep making clones of them, the clones may die due to our intervention, but they would still be "saved" in a sense (albeit a very twisted interpretation of the word "saved").

----------------------

Also, as I said earlier, plants and insects DO have a symbiotic relationship - certain insects spread pollen from one group of plants to germinate the seeds of another group. In this case, Matoi would be harnessing her symbiosis with Apprentice's insect tribe, ensuring that her army always has reinforcements (take the lives of other ARKS, and in the process, their mind, body, and to a degree their soul so as to have the basic ingredients needed to make copies).

I mean, the only other group of life to have population booms of this calibre (besides insects, I mean) is plant life.

P.S. I'm going to make a post describing some of the things I've noticed SEGA doing with the Falzes; though I imagine it'll just be "another Renvalt post" to you guys, I'm still going to make it anyways.

Poyonche
Jul 29, 2015, 08:53 AM
Go on go on, what you say sounds very interesting to me.

Cyber Meteor
Jul 29, 2015, 08:59 AM
Could have a little relationship but Apprentice has a special ability to make other ppl under her influence (presumably after their death), she calls it her "natural charm" in MB 2-6. Though for an insect-type evil it's pretty unusual since this kind of ability would be more like of a "pollen" imo rather than an insect-queen type

Kondibon
Jul 29, 2015, 09:06 AM
Sayara is gonna hate some of the noises mobs in this story quest make btw...

Renvalt
Jul 29, 2015, 09:12 AM
Go on go on, what you say sounds very interesting to me.

It's going to take a GOOD long while for me to do my write up, so I'll just drop a small tidbit here: each "Falz" has taken after a nomenclature of PSO1's Soundtrack, to a degree.

"Pray/Cry, For IDOLA the Holy" - the penitent man who seeks redemption for the woman he loved, but could not save. Represents Gettemhalt and his mourning over losing Sheena, as well as his clinging to Dia as a means to cope with the trauma (or perhaps atone for his actions in what could be seen as through the eyes of Melphonshina, by looking after her sister, Melrondia). His irritating and cruel behavior is understandable, as he's about on the edge of snapping, his love of Sheena and Dia being the only thing keeping him from completely losing his shit.

"IDOLA the Immortal Feather/Have the Divine Blade" - the omniscient and eternal king who rules over all existence, with final say on whether anyone (or everyone) lives or dies. The feather in this case represents Loser's motif as a "heavenly angel or bird", and is a reference to the fact that in some places, YHVH is seen as a tyrant ("you're either with me or against me, and I decide your usefulness - if you have any"). Also references Loser's bid for immortality, and to become the center of all things.

"IDOLA The Sacred Fruits" - the result of growth or procreation of life, either through the germination of seeds or the fertilization of eggs. Represents the Double twins, who take the form of children. Important tidbit: Double MAY be based off of a possibility that, had the Profound Darkness not interjected into affairs in the way it did, Matoi would have married the protagonist (in this instance, we'll assume it's the poster boy AKA PSO2's HUMar) and the consummation may have resulted in twins - the aforemention children that are Double.

Beyond this point is speculative bullshit, naturally, but....

"The Shell's Desert/IDOLA The Fanatic Viper" - the determined, yet destructive serpent designed to crush any and all resistance in an effort to obtain what it desires. In this case, the song more than likely represents Apprentice, who has been clawing at the walls of the ARKS' facilities on Lillipa (specifically, the Mining Bases which drill the ore that lay within Lillipa's soil, which is where Apprentice's power had been sealed and more than likely spread out to the entirety of the planet's surface).

One could argue that Apprentice needs a specific "quota" of unpurified Liliparium to take on her true form (we can assume that the reason the "Towers" must be protected are that they exist as the "refineries" that convert Liliparium into a useable substance), thus she is relentlessly chewing at the shell of our "desert" operations (notice the pun emphasis there). Thus, "The Fanatic Viper gnaws at The Shell's Desert".

Poyonche
Jul 29, 2015, 09:31 AM
Also funny fact, at the end of the quest they said "You will receive a gift of Matoi."

How am I supposed to get the gift if she is gone ? Baka Sega

Cyber Meteor
Jul 29, 2015, 09:35 AM
You can still call her from the partner terminal though^^, but yeah baka SEGA:wacko:

Zanverse
Jul 29, 2015, 10:33 AM
Alright, so what the FUCK just happened in this chapter.

We head to Kuronia, but before that, Kotoshiro is talking to the Shironians about Magatsu (unless my ears betrayed me and I didn't hear it), then we fight Double, who tries to stuff PD inside of us, but Matoi saves us by sealing PD inside of her instead, then Sara comes out of nowhere to save Matoi(?) and the character.

From the looks of it, Matoi looks a lot like Anga. The colors (matching Anga's insides), the Darker effects when Matoi left is exactly the same as Anga's as well as the energy effect when Double shot us with PD.

SO, is Anga part of the Phantom crew? Are Phantom Darkers the new enemies that we'll get from PD?

Btw, here's Falz Douran/Dourill's BGM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MH-sovXsm30

Edit: This reminds me a lot of Nui Harime's theme from Kill La Kill.

Maenara
Jul 29, 2015, 10:34 AM
Btw, here's Falz Douran/Dourill's BGM ?PSO2? ??????????? ???? ?BGM? - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MH-sovXsm30)

See, I told them that the Double teaser trailer's music was for Dark Falz Double.

Zanverse
Jul 29, 2015, 10:41 AM
^ Actually, this music is from the trailer with the Blaz Blue stuff, C-Mode II, and the concert.

Maenara
Jul 29, 2015, 10:45 AM
^ Actually, this music is from the trailer with the Blaz Blue stuff, C-Mode II, and the concert.

I know. People were saying the theme from the Double teaser was for Falz Dourill/Falz Douran/Falz Dourumble because it didn't sound 'epic enough' for Dark Falz Double.

Zanverse
Jul 29, 2015, 10:47 AM
OOhhh, read that wrong. Well, to those people saying that Dark Falz Double's theme from the teaser wasn't epic, they're both epic in their own ways.

Ciel~Homura
Jul 29, 2015, 10:59 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/7ccLF4e.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Poyonche
Jul 29, 2015, 11:00 AM
Double planned to stuff PD into Matoi, but we tried to protect Matoi, but then Matoi wanted to save us, then this happened. My guess is Sara come here because Xiao sensed bigormous and dangerous readings. Sending Sara isn't a good idea Xiao, she is weak. :v

If we see Double again, pretty sure he will taunt us with the fact that Matoi is gone lol.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/7ccLF4e.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Lmfao, exactly how i felt. I wanted to be this darker butterfly. But then, Matoi came. Also I wonder how Sukunahime react when she will know that.

Shinamori
Jul 29, 2015, 11:58 AM
I had a feeling this would happen. Hope Comcasts restorts service by the time I get home.

infiniteeverlasting
Jul 29, 2015, 12:25 PM
After playing stuff like skyrim, fallout, and Witcher 3, I can't help but to feel like this game is getting harder and harder to take seriously. Story-wise/content-wise, if you quit beating around the bush, it's a joke.

The new story quest brought almost nothing to the table for me, I feel no emotional attachment to this game and neither do i give 2 shits about what happens later in the story line. All i care about whne playing this game is when i'll have enough meseta to buy that +10 pot3 50ele orochi agito.

Renvalt
Jul 29, 2015, 12:46 PM
After playing stuff like skyrim, fallout, and Witcher 3, I can't help but to feel like this game is getting harder and harder to take seriously. Story-wise/content-wise, if you quit beating around the bush, it's a joke.

The new story quest brought almost nothing to the table for me, I feel no emotional attachment to this game and neither do i give 2 shits about what happens later in the story line. All i care about whne playing this game is when i'll have enough meseta to buy that +10 pot3 50ele orochi agito.

And technically speaking, it's outclassed by all the shiny new 13* weapons as well. So at best, you'd be playing this simply for a powerful item that's novelty at this point (in terms of "being the best") and then you'd quit.

So I say to you: Quit now. Get out, that way the filth that is ecchi skecchi prime time kecchi doesn't pollute your mind or its pure, sanctified image of what PSO is to you.

I mean, there ARE other communities where you can discuss aplenty about the "real true PSO".

P.S. Just an FYI - I'm not doing this because I'm annoyed about what I perceive to be whining, I'm just trying to save you further stress from having to deal with what is, based on the vibe I'm getting from your words, a crappy story and a company that was once great basically going down the shithole of legally-allowed loli pedo pandering (or something along that line).

Nulve
Jul 29, 2015, 12:49 PM
No offense, but if you're over 21 and really invested in this game's story, you probably need to evaluate some things about your life.

Maenara
Jul 29, 2015, 12:50 PM

Congratulations, I guess.

LonelyGaruga
Jul 29, 2015, 12:50 PM

None of those are games I would take seriously, so I don't know what you're getting at here.

Renvalt
Jul 29, 2015, 12:55 PM
No offense, but if you're over 21 and really invested in this game's story, you probably need to evaluate some things about your life.

Right, because people are required to be super serious about video game stories, whether they're the writers or the readers. 'tis a requirement of the Sovereign God, after all!

..... Not to knock your opinion, but you come off as very.... condescending. Like, people have to see things your way or their opinions and values are trash.

I'm 27, I'm rather invested in the game's story - by your opinion, I need to re-evaluate my life because how dare I actually care about the deeper nuances of a game's plot beyond what is, to you, no more than fanservice, otaku pandering, and legalized loli buttsex (or something equivalent to it).

I just don't agree with it , that's all (by which I mean your opinion. Not like you actually know what my life is like outside of my "involvement in this game's story".

Maenara
Jul 29, 2015, 12:58 PM
GUYS
THE STORY SUCKS
GUYS
LISTEN TO ME
GUYS
IT SUCKS
IM GOING TO TELL YOU THIS IN EVERY SINGLE THREAD THAT MENTIONS THE GAMES STORY

infiniteeverlasting
Jul 29, 2015, 01:03 PM
None of those are games I would take seriously, so I don't know what you're getting at here.

Then you must be a 2 year old. Congrats.

Man you guys are so salty simply because I pointed out how flawed this game is. Honestly content in this game is just so sparse, but even so, they still try to drip feed you lonely men with their little cookie crumb content.
I'd suggest you all move on to something else cuz sega is sucking flacid cock right now. Just look at the whole pso2 "wester release" fiasco, that shit must be ridiculously embarressing from a bussiness standpoint, to announce something and not deliver is shameful and unprofessional.

and for the person who thinks i'm 20, i'm still 17, so I don't see how adding the age factor applies to anythign here at all. the game is just a plain grind fest. I log on for 2 minutes everyday only to realize there is nothing new to do in the game except for grinding the same content i've grinded on for the past 6 months. So i log off. Personally i wish this game could be much more than this grind your 13star to +40 fest. They really could have expanded the lobby and quest system to a lot more than just instances and dungeons. I see how passionate and attached the old PSO players are and I wonder how PSO was able to do this. I just don't see anyone getting nostalgic about this game a few years later.

Renvalt
Jul 29, 2015, 01:20 PM

Man you guys are so salty simply because I pointed out how flawed this game is. Honestly content in this game is just so sparse, but even so, they still try to drip feed you lonely men with their little cookie crumb content.
I'd suggest you all move on to something else cuz sega is sucking flacid cock right now. Just look at the whole pso2 "wester release" fiasco, that shit must be ridiculously embarressing from a bussiness standpoint, to announce something and not deliver is shameful and unprofessional.

and for the person who thinks i'm 20, i'm still 17, so I don't see how adding the age factor applies to anythign here at all. the game is just a plain grind fest. I log on for 2 minutes everyday only to realize there is nothing new to do in the game except for grinding the same content i've grinded on for the past 6 months. So i log off. Personally i wish this game could be much more than this grind your 13star to +40 fest. They really could have expanded the lobby and quest system to a lot more than just instances and dungeons. I see how passionate and attached the old PSO players are and I wonder how PSO was able to do this. I just don't see anyone getting nostalgic about this game a few years later.

Oi oi oi oi, we never said we worshipped the game. Nor did we ever say that we approved of how SEGA's being uber quiet about the Western release (which while I agree that shit like that should be illegal despite the fact that it isn't, doesn't stop me from saying you need to stop humping that rump, if you know what I mean). In fact, I'll go on record as saying that SEGA is peeking at Konami's playbook of "How to give Westerners the big ass middle finger in the vaguest way possible, and still Sieg Heil your beloved Glorious Nippon".

I do dislike the trend that they're going in. However, considering what I've seen on the OTHER side of the fence, I'm not seeing better (oversaturation on gritty, grimy fantasy settings or sci-fi that looks like you could insert it into Halo's universe).

I play this game because atm, there isn't anything like it within the sci-fi genre that doesn't LOOK AND PLAY like crap (your definition of "crap" will most likely vary here from mine). There are elements that I like, but that doesn't mean I approve of some of the shit that SEGA is (or isn't) doing.

I've complained about the genuine lack of areas. Hell, I'mma go on record right now and say that I dislike how they're "experimenting" with different free field formulas each time we get a new one (Kuron for instance will spawn the boss portal only after you meet a points quota, indicating that this Free Field will FORCE you to kill extras - what if I wanna just kill the boss, eh SEGA? Why must you FORCE me to play with others?).

To say that I blindly support this game would be nothing short of a lie. I like it, but I also have my quips about the game, as well as some of the shit that SEGA does (that I don't like).

Kondibon
Jul 29, 2015, 01:29 PM

and for the person who thinks i'm 20, i'm still 17, so I don't see how adding the age factor applies to anythign here at all. the game is just a plain grind fest. I log on for 2 minutes everyday only to realize there is nothing new to do in the game except for grinding the same content i've grinded on for the past 6 months. So i log off. Personally i wish this game could be much more than this grind your 13star to +40 fest. They really could have expanded the lobby and quest system to a lot more than just instances and dungeons. I see how passionate and attached the old PSO players are and I wonder how PSO was able to do this. I just don't see anyone getting nostalgic about this game a few years later.What's any of that got to do with the story?

starwind75043
Jul 29, 2015, 01:35 PM

You sound like burned out. So my advice would be quit or find a secondary game to play when you your feeling meh to pso2

Nulve
Jul 29, 2015, 01:36 PM
Right, because people are required to be super serious about video game stories, whether they're the writers or the readers. 'tis a requirement of the Sovereign God, after all!

..... Not to knock your opinion, but you come off as very.... condescending. Like, people have to see things your way or their opinions and values are trash.

I'm 27, I'm rather invested in the game's story - by your opinion, I need to re-evaluate my life because how dare I actually care about the deeper nuances of a game's plot beyond what is, to you, no more than fanservice, otaku pandering, and legalized loli buttsex (or something equivalent to it).

I just don't agree with it , that's all (by which I mean your opinion. Not like you actually know what my life is like outside of my "involvement in this game's story".

I'm not knocking you for playing through it, because so have I. Thus I can at least have an informed opinion. I was more referring to how the game feels like it was written for a teenager demographic, and for people that don't have much perception of irony.

But where did I say anything about 'fanservice, otaku pandering, and legalized loli buttsex' - as far as I'm concerned that's the vernacular floating around in your 27 year old mind. If you want to throw around jokes about underage sex, that's entirely on you; you only helped justify my point with that immature post there.

LonelyGaruga
Jul 29, 2015, 01:38 PM

Wow how did you guess :(

Zanverse
Jul 29, 2015, 01:47 PM
I guess a lot of us are 2 years olds. Goo goo fucking gaa.

Anyway, can this thread go back to being about what's happening in this MB, or are we all going to keep throwing bitchy comments at each other? If you don't like the Story or the game, then fuck off to a ranting thread, not this one.

Poyonche
Jul 29, 2015, 02:04 PM
Yes please, stop off-threading on my thread, you are making my thread dirty and my thread doesn't like that because it is a 1 day old thread. :l

If [Persona] absolutely wanted to prevent the Profound Darkness awakening, why he didn't come when all of this happened ? Instead he just come like "Mmh ? Nobody else ? Ok then i'll get that lonely rod for new sextoy trophy." Though I am still wondering what he is planning with that.

Renvalt
Jul 29, 2015, 02:23 PM
Yes please, stop off-threading on my thread, you are making my thread dirty and my thread doesn't like that because it is a 1 day old thread. :l

If [Persona] absolutely wanted to prevent the Profound Darkness awakening, why he didn't come when all of this happened ? Instead he just come like "Mmh ? Nobody else ? Ok then i'll get that lonely rod for new sextoy trophy." Though I am still wondering what he is planning with that.

Aye. I've been wondering why it set him off in E1C3, when Zeno got that free potshot. He also seemed to leave it alone when we used it in E2C6.

If he's so adamant about not letting us have it, he seems to show no sign of doing so afterwards.

Marly
Jul 29, 2015, 02:29 PM
And here I thought Matoi's outfit couldn't get any sillier.

She puts Aizen butterfly to shame.

Meteor Weapon
Jul 29, 2015, 02:45 PM
fuck i didnt realize this was created, can someone delete my thread...or just merge it?

Lyrise
Jul 29, 2015, 04:04 PM
I greatly enjoyed this chapter. Seems like things are getting very serious from this point on based on what happened:

[SPOILER-BOX]So as it turns out, it's finally confirmed that both you and Matoi had the ability to absorb the power of the darkers. How you were able to beat Elder and Loser? You were consistently draining them of their power and using it as your own.

But with that power also came negative energy - this is why Xiao tries to confine you to the ship, because you've absorbed the negative energy of countless darkers (the number he spits out is your actual kill count, which I found amusing).

Kotoshiro's speech to the king of White was also moving. I have much higher expectations if and when we actually see this king actually show up. When Kotoshiro warps in at the last moment to save the day? That would be the king's power.

I won't go into the whole Profound Darkness situation, everyone's summed up everything there. But it does seem that Matoi , or rather Alma, has kept her mind after the transformation.

Finally, after Sara brings you back to Oracle, and you regain consciousness, it is revealed that Xiao has made public all information on you and Matoi, your powers, and exploits. Now he's organizing efforts to have all of ARKS look into Matoi's whereabouts.
If you speak to all the NPCs at this point, their comments will have changed to reflect the story, ranging from how shocked or thankful they are for all the things you managed to do, to working hard to help both you and the effort to find the whereabouts of Matoi. I find this continues to add a bit more to the immersion of PSO2's setting.

[/SPOILER-BOX]

On another note, two of the story events might go into a little bit on why Persona might have been chasing down the Clarissa (One main event, one side event):

[SPOILER-BOX]
What makes a Genesis weapon a Genesis weapon isn't the weapon itself, but its core. You can see Maria in one event having pretty much wrecked her Labrys asking Sieg to fix it for her. He can pretty much do it anytime, given how her weapon might be wrecked but its core is still intact. He also mentions that the way these weapons were made, they pretty much choose the user as we've already seen, but AFTER they've been created, not the other way around.

In Regius' case, when Sieg asks him to name his new weapon Regius wants to again call it Yonohate. To which he calls Regius an idiot, for wanting to use the same name again since he sees the weapons he creates as his own offspring (Why would you give the same name to 2 of your children?). To that end, he also suggests that because "Yonohate" was a play on the term "Genesis", to give it the name "Tsukuriyo" to complete the meaning. (Yonohate literally translates to "End of the World", whereas Tsukuriyo can mean to "Create the World") But in this scene, you can see Regius holding onto the Genesis core.

Basically I don't think Persona wants Clarissa for Clarissa, but for the Genesis Core used to create Clarissa. But on the flipside, if the core was ever extracted, you now have a plot device to recover it and have Sieg make a Genesis Weapon for you.
[/SPOILER-BOX]

Cyber Meteor
Jul 29, 2015, 04:33 PM

Aye. I've been wondering why it set him off in E1C3, when Zeno got that free potshot. He also seemed to leave it alone when we used it in E2C6.

If he's so adamant about not letting us have it, he seems to show no sign of doing so afterwards.

Those are exactly the reason why i suggested Persona was our "present-self", because from the looks of it, he just can't be at "that" place if we aren't and he can't time travel on his own otherwise he could rectify his own mistakes which he never did. Also, he never did anything on his own, i mean you never come across a place that has traces of him nor get to know about an event involving him that happened on another place/timeline than your (same planet or on another planet). Sure there is that "show off" after the Elder battle but he says nor does nothing, and the MC was at the battle just a few minutes before, same for that Clarissa he managed to get. Also about that Clarissa, i think it's his B-plan for PD (or A-plan? he first searched for that before trying to kill Matoi), he probably knows different ways to defeat PD, but he first tried to prevent his ressurection because it was the easiest to do.

Finally, after Sara brings you back to Oracle, and you regain consciousness, it is revealed that Xiao has made public all information on you and Matoi, your powers, and exploits. Now he's organizing efforts to have all of ARKS look into Matoi's whereabouts.
If you speak to all the NPCs at this point, their comments will have changed to reflect the story, ranging from how shocked or thankful they are for all the things you managed to do, to working hard to help both you and the effort to find the whereabouts of Matoi. I find this continues to add a bit more to the immersion of PSO2's setting.

Hey, that's what i wanted to know, Xiao's reaction about Matoi's transformation, cool now i'll have more patience for that MB 3-7:D

Kondibon
Jul 29, 2015, 05:11 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]So as it turns out, it's finally confirmed that both you and Matoi had the ability to absorb the power of the darkers.

[/SPOILER-BOX]

My biggest disappointment about this is that it probably won't be reflected in gameplay in any interesting ways. :/

Lyrise
Jul 29, 2015, 05:27 PM
Hey, that's what i wanted to know, Xiao's reaction about Matoi's transformation, cool now i'll have more patience for that MB 3-7:D

[SPOILER-BOX]He knew knew that something bad (tm) was about to happen to the both of you, and mentions that the both of you were at this point ticking time bombs that could explode at any moment as you were literally at the breaking point in terms of the amount of negative energy you've absorbed. In one conversation option you actually blackmail him into letting you go help Sukunahime. ("Please send someone else to help then. But are you sure they're going to be ok?")

In fact all of the other NPCs could sense something was off. Katori asks if you're feeling well, and says you feel really scary. Risa says she felt she needed to shoot in your direction. Patty and Tia also have this uncontrollable urge to investigate you when they see you.

Double clearly knew this too - it mentions that it didn't matter whether it was you or Matoi to took in the energy, the result was going to be the same. Only difference was that this assumes what you had plus what Double gives you was enough to cause hell. Now you have Matoi, who has what she has, what you had, AND what Double tries to force onto you. /insertclichecanthandleallthisdarknesstropehere

[/SPOILER-BOX]

infiniteeverlasting
Jul 29, 2015, 09:00 PM
Wow how did you guess :(
http://i.imgur.com/pQGV0pm.png
that's how i know.

Man you weebs are so easily offended every time someone pokes at your waifu game. c ya kids.

Meteor Weapon
Jul 29, 2015, 09:18 PM
Weeb calling people weeb....I'll never understand this.

Can I or we at least just enjoy the so-called shitty story that's better than Twilight without dissing on it too much, cuz it gets annoying really fast.

RibbonSoft
Jul 29, 2015, 09:22 PM
Debate: Who will be final boss, Profound Darkness or Persona?

Meteor Weapon
Jul 29, 2015, 09:46 PM
My guess? ARKS is screwed, Matoi as PD destroys the universe just as Persona warned, since you have Darker essence piling up inside you turn into Persona. History repeats itself.

EP4 is about you holding the identity of Persona to turn back in time just to stop shit repeating itself but repeats itself anyway.

Or Persona ends up using Clarrisa to kill PD.

Derp I completely forgot about Apprentice, I wonder whats her role after this.

InB4 Great Light as the final final boss derp

oratank
Jul 29, 2015, 09:47 PM
if persona is us then he also have ability to absorb the power of the darker and if he really good guy there no need to be 2 of us in the same place he or us can sacrifice ourself pull pd out of matoi and save her then we/him can become the lastboss.

Renvalt
Jul 29, 2015, 11:32 PM
What makes a Genesis weapon a Genesis weapon isn't the weapon itself, but its core. You can see Maria in one event having pretty much wrecked her Labrys asking Sieg to fix it for her. He can pretty much do it anytime, given how her weapon might be wrecked but its core is still intact. He also mentions that the way these weapons were made, they pretty much choose the user as we've already seen, but AFTER they've been created, not the other way around.

In Regius' case, when Sieg asks him to name his new weapon Regius wants to again call it Yonohate. To which he calls Regius an idiot, for wanting to use the same name again since he sees the weapons he creates as his own offspring (Why would you give the same name to 2 of your children?). To that end, he also suggests that because "Yonohate" was a play on the term "Genesis", to give it the name "Tsukuriyo" to complete the meaning. (Yonohate literally translates to "End of the World", whereas Tsukuriyo can mean to "Create the World") But in this scene, you can see Regius holding onto the Genesis core.

Basically I don't think Persona wants Clarissa for Clarissa, but for the Genesis Core used to create Clarissa. But on the flipside, if the core was ever extracted, you now have a plot device to recover it and have Sieg make a Genesis Weapon for you.

Which is funny, it "reacted" to Persona - or perhaps more accurately, us - during E1C3, and in a side event of E1C8, you also manage to pick up the "core" of the weapon (shown via a shiny sparkle in the middle of nowhereTundra).

That might explain why Melrondia had difficulty forcing the seal of Elder open, and why Gettemhalt felt the need to punch her in the gut to force it to work; without its core, it's just another rod in a sea of rods, just that it LOOKS special.

Since Persona is us, and we're effectively Persona, it means we're the only other individual atm who can wield it (apart from the original wielder, which would be Matoi in this case).

What's funny is that, in E2C6, the very first segment of your shmeel with Matoi has Xion as the one who talks through Clarissa, although she seems to "assume" the role.

Is it possible that that's why Xion sent us on that goose chase? Because she anticipated that this would happen, and as a result needed a backup in case Matoi got RKO'd?

P.S. I just had a thought - Matoi chucking Clarissa at us was enough to tell PD to cut that shit out. If Persona truly IS attempting to destroy the PD, then what if he forces it out, and then tells us to take the core and forge the means to end him for good.

Persona rips PD out of Matoi's body, eats it him/herself, and then basically becomes the PD as a means to allow both us and Matoi to kill it for good. Matoi is saved, PD is slain, and we fix all the paradoxes in the timeline, straightening out events in the continuum. I mean, that IS why he interjected in the revisit to E1C8, when Maria was about to end Elder - killing him there would mess with the timeline and create a fuck ton of paradoxes; if Elder was dead, Huey wouldn't need to host the ARKS tourney, and the Falz Clan would be a segment short of PD reconstruction.

Shear
Jul 30, 2015, 01:31 AM
Quick question but the Number Xiao mentions in the beginning of the Chapter wasn't voiced so it must have been a Variable, I wasn't able to translate it well but was that the Amount of Darkers we murdered?
Because it was a pretty damn large Number o.o

Cyber Meteor
Jul 30, 2015, 02:31 AM
Yeah, it's our kill count and it hasn't been voiced, he just says "koredakara" for the line where it's displayed.

EDIT : Question : is Double actually defeated or he went into Profound Darkness?

Mega Ultra Chicken
Jul 30, 2015, 03:28 AM
MB3-6 in a nutshell: Some serious shit is about to go down. And you get to watch your character get lit up like a Christmas tree.

I wonder what this translates to. May just be "Profound Darkness," but it could be something else.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i58.tinypic.com/8x3jhj.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

oratank
Jul 30, 2015, 03:49 AM
yep Profound Darkness

Rakurai
Jul 30, 2015, 04:00 AM
I'm more curious about what Double was saying prior to that screenshot.

Meteor Weapon
Jul 30, 2015, 04:03 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/t31.0-8/11807297_1016218541735962_6396438479431506997_o.jp g
Double:"Welcome back"
https://scontent-sin1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xat1/t31.0-8/11224756_1016218501735966_110190499335047198_o.jpg
Double: "Profound Darkness"[/SPOILER-BOX]

IronKrone
Jul 30, 2015, 04:20 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/t31.0-8/11807297_1016218541735962_6396438479431506997_o.jp g
Double:"Welcome back"
https://scontent-sin1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xat1/t31.0-8/11224756_1016218501735966_110190499335047198_o.jpg
Double: "Profound Darkness"[/SPOILER-BOX]

According to Google Translate, they say,"Congratulations, congratulations. Welcome back, Profound Darkness."

Poyonche
Jul 30, 2015, 04:24 AM
You forgot the "Congrats, Congrats". I am disappointed.

Note to myself : Refresh pages before posting.

Meteor Weapon
Jul 30, 2015, 04:25 AM
Thanks for the add, I only heard what they say. I've read it again and yh, completely forgot/overlooked about them saying congratulations.

Ezodagrom
Jul 30, 2015, 04:41 AM
[spoiler-box]I won't go into the whole Profound Darkness situation, everyone's summed up everything there. But it does seem that Matoi , or rather Alma, has kept her mind after the transformation.[/spoiler-box]
[spoiler-box]Isn't Alma the first Claris Claes while Matoi is the second? Or am I missing something?[/spoiler-box]

Poyonche
Jul 30, 2015, 04:52 AM
Matoi is indeed the 2nd Claris Claes. Because she is the one who vanishes in a fight with Apprentice.

Also i had fun Google Translating the scenes post-Double fight.
Matoi says something like doing that (getting PD inside us) isn't our role, I wasn't able to translate Double because Google Trad basically destroys what Double is saying.

Shear
Jul 30, 2015, 05:27 AM
I just noticed something, at the end after Matoi's Transformation her Hair hasn't turned fully purple (it's a little hard to see), the only other Dark Falz that was like that was Apprentice II and she wasn't a proper Falz.
It probably is merely a Design Choice but it could also mean that her Transformation isn't complete (in 2-6 her Hair was fully Purple while Transforming)

Spiral
Jul 30, 2015, 06:01 AM
[spoiler-box]Isn't Alma the first Claris Claes while Matoi is the second? Or am I missing something?[/spoiler-box]

Agreed with this. "Am I missing something"...?

Completely forgot Alma (that is the name of the first Claris, yes? Or remembering wrong...?) from 40 years ago existed.
Does it state/imply this during the scene where Matoi gets her new costume and chats with Sara before (literally) flying away? (Or any other scene)

Was thinking Renvalt's storyline would play out with Persona being dark hero and sacrificing self, but including Alma (sealed together with Dark Falz rather than just died? Became part of Profound Darkness?) means so much more writing fodder for the current or even next story line. Hehe.
[/SPOILER-BOX]

Also, sharp observations Shear. Didn't notice till stated. [SPOILER]Or maybe going with Anga style color scheme? If Anga truly is related to Profound Darkness. Does have some white/pink/purple but then again the hard falz red/black. Suppose we'll see if it goes all the way with future chapters. (Guessing is fun!)

On less storyline topic but still story chapter, was disappointed by the bgm of the new area. (Or maybe fights were too short to enjoy) Especially the musical transition choice.
Previous' story chapter's area battle bgm was way too catchy. (Personally loved it)
Also, liked the theme of the mountain-top with-outdoor-halls-and-pillars castle, but somehow imagined it...prettier. Still, new environment type/scenery (two, if you count indoors and outdoors as separate...fairly different!) for pictures so great!

Double's hunar form bgm was creepy at first, but got catchy. So also win!

Also, out of curiosity. Was it stated this or the previous chapter whether or not Double ate all of Kuronia (so all Kuronians fought are clones?) or just the King so and only manipulated the Kuronians? (Still ordered by "King"?)

Meteor Weapon
Jul 30, 2015, 06:09 AM
Before Double ate you and Matoi, Double said it would be sad to eat the Black King alone so Double ate everyone, which would mean Double at the entire Kuronian's, also the reason why Sukunahime regretted not acting sooner and went off alone trying to deal with Double.

Oh and, Kotoshiro is Sukunahime's son.

Rupikachu
Jul 30, 2015, 06:49 AM
Oh and, Kotoshiro is Sukunahime's son.

O_____o how the heck is that even physically possible?... well i guess "photons". as usual

Shear
Jul 30, 2015, 07:04 AM
... more like who is his Dad (I desperately try to not thing about the Physics involved ... this would be worse than FFXIV Lalafell/Roegadyn Pairings and those are canon -.-)

Poyonche
Jul 30, 2015, 07:05 AM
In both case, R.I.P Sukunahime's vagina.

wefwq
Jul 30, 2015, 07:20 AM
In both case, R.I.P Sukunahime's vagina.
not when photon wizard exist!
but seriously though then who is the dad anyway

Zanverse
Jul 30, 2015, 07:25 AM
Holy cow, imagine trying to push a fucking giant out of your vagina. I was going to say that maybe Kotoshiro's dad was the White King, but wouldn't that be incest? Well, between King and Sukunahime.

But anyway... I doesn't make sense to me why Double would be dead so early in the story, especially when we have a DF Double boss coming soon. That just means Double IS still present, but most likely not in their own body anymore. (I use they/them/their pronouns because technically, Double is two beings in one, and not strictly male or female). As for Anga Fundarge's connection with PD; I assume that Anga is a direct minion minion of PD.

Theory: After leaving the scene, PD Matoi/Alma heads to an alternate timeline, where she creates Anga and various new Darkers. There, Anga begins to "corrupt" certain planets, resulting in Ultimate areas. I have a feeling that, before we get the actual PD battle, we'll get Ultimate Amduscia, which is probably going to be the last Ultimate area for a while. There's probably going to be some kind of connection.

Edit: Kuronia's BGM is pretty nice. There's certain parts in the music that sounds better than Shironia's. Also, Falz Dourumble's BGM is pretty intense and creepy.

Meteor Weapon
Jul 30, 2015, 07:35 AM
Just gonna guess that Sukunahime gave birth to Kotoshiro through other means instead of the usual means we know, you know like...creating him out from ashes since she's the Ashen Maiden/Princess/whatever. Kotoshiro was able to teleport like Sukunahime did, and him calling her 母上(Hahaue) which means mother.

Rakurai
Jul 30, 2015, 08:21 AM
I didn't really get the impression that Double actually got destroyed there, especially not with them speaking to you right after they disappeared.

With how resilient the other Dark Falz were shown to be, I don't think the one being pushed as the strongest of the bunch would be done in so easily.

ultimafia
Jul 30, 2015, 08:37 AM
Just gonna guess that Sukunahime gave birth to Kotoshiro through other means instead of the usual means we know, you know like...creating him out from ashes since she's the Ashen Maiden/Princess/whatever. Kotoshiro was able to teleport like Sukunahime did, and him calling her 母上(Hahaue) which means mother.

I really REALLY REALLY do hope this is true, my pure waifu ;_;

Lyrise
Jul 30, 2015, 08:40 AM

Kotoshiro being able to teleport wasn't his own doing. That was actually the king's power. That's why you don't see him warp out but run off after he's got Sukunahime in tow.

Regarding their relationship? I'm going to go with the adoption theory.

Meteor Weapon
Jul 30, 2015, 09:02 AM
Yh, I guess that works, but then again why did he call her mom out of the blue is beyond me

Poyonche
Jul 30, 2015, 09:02 AM
"Uhm, what an ugly baby, I'll take it so nobody will annoy me."

Meteor Weapon
Jul 30, 2015, 09:04 AM
I wish there was a like button now.

Shear
Jul 30, 2015, 09:07 AM
Kotoshiro being able to teleport wasn't his own doing. That was actually the king's power. That's why you don't see him warp out but run off after he's got Sukunahime in tow.

Regarding their relationship? I'm going to go with the adoption theory.

Are sure about that? I'm pretty sure when they where leaving they where warping, I recheck that Cutscene later.
Also why would the King have the same Power as the Miko? (going by her Backstory she should be the only one) If he doesn't then Kotoshiro did it himself somehow.
That Last Part makes sense to me though

guanhian
Jul 30, 2015, 09:08 AM
i thought it was mentioned somewhere in the story that she adopted him. and he is the last of his 'tribe'

Shear
Jul 30, 2015, 09:09 AM
Maybe it was one of those untranslated Tiles then, I bet the one where Matoi asks about their Relationship.

guanhian
Jul 30, 2015, 09:11 AM
^yup, iirc it was about the topic they randomly bring up about your character being sticky with matoi and the question bounces to their relationship

ultimafia
Jul 30, 2015, 09:17 AM
In any case I'll be on suicide watch until the next Shironia related MB comes out.

Poyonche
Jul 30, 2015, 12:04 PM
Also, before stuffing the Profound Darkness into us, Double say something about [Elder] and [Loser], and it doesn't mean anything with Google Translate. Can someone help me ?*
_(:3」∠)_

KuroNeko77
Jul 30, 2015, 12:26 PM
It's something along "By fighting (you), I finally understand. The fact that you absorbed Elder and Loser's power, it's true after all".

Poyonche
Jul 30, 2015, 01:57 PM
Oh okay, thanks.

Sayara
Jul 30, 2015, 07:19 PM
Sayara is gonna hate some of the noises mobs in this story quest make btw...

Only the オロタ・ビケッタ really bothered me.
Same as the previous time.

dingophone
Jul 30, 2015, 08:48 PM
So Elder confirmed dead? :(

And also: So they seem to be setting up Profound Darkness as the next big bad... How's that gonna work when we beat him? "YAY GUIS U SAVED TEH UNIVERSE STORY OVER"? Cause that'd be hella lame..

Meteor Weapon
Jul 30, 2015, 09:55 PM
On another thread, where someone made a rough translation of it, Luther mentioned about Elder seemed weak in Double's Innerverse, probably due to Double only partially absorbed a part of him so there's a chance that Elder might still be alive somewhere. Then again just speculation, Elder is too badass to die.

strikerhunter
Jul 30, 2015, 09:59 PM
So Elder confirmed dead? :(

And also: So they seem to be setting up Profound Darkness as the next big bad... How's that gonna work when we beat him? "YAY GUIS U SAVED TEH UNIVERSE STORY OVER"? Cause that'd be hella lame..

I can see them pulling off some shenanigans to either fighting Photoners or different forms of PD before getting to PD itself. Or a bunch of non-sense filler.

RibbonSoft
Jul 30, 2015, 10:00 PM
You know, I actually like how the story unfolded here. While predictable, how it got here with Matoi being the Profound Darkness was actually I think a better way of handling it. Everyone assumed that she already harbored the Profound Darkness when that is now clearly not the case. I like the fact that both the MC and Matoi are the same in that they absorb Darker energy, and thus they both had the potential to become the Profound Darkness instead of someone already having it sealed inside them.

Now is the MC's Darker energy all gone now? Do they start absorbing Darker energy again when they go out to fight? Who is the MC? Why can they absorb Darker energy? We know why Matoi can but we know nothing about the MC. I want to know more about why they have the abilities that they do. I guess we won't know anything until at least 3-7 or later.

wefwq
Jul 30, 2015, 10:37 PM
MC itself doesn't have any background information, or you can say that your character are pretty much kind of shaddy.

dingophone
Jul 31, 2015, 12:43 AM
Then again just speculation, Elder is too badass to die.

Hell yeah! QFT!

Kondibon
Jul 31, 2015, 12:59 AM
Only the オロタ・ビケッタ really bothered me.
Same as the previous time.I found the death noises the snake and lantern things make pretty freaky, 3:

So Elder confirmed dead? :(Don't forget that you fight luther clones and angel while luther is WITH you.

And also: So they seem to be setting up Profound Darkness as the next big bad... How's that gonna work when we beat him? "YAY GUIS U SAVED TEH UNIVERSE STORY OVER"? Cause that'd be hella lame..You mean like how we totally beat elder permanently the first time we fought him? :wacko:

Just because we fight it doesn't mean we'll necessarily get rid of it for good.

oratank
Jul 31, 2015, 03:01 AM
i think luther the photoner and DF loser aren't the same thing.double can take control DF loser but can't control photoner luther.

Zanverse
Jul 31, 2015, 06:43 AM
THEORY: Defeting PD won't entirely get rid of PD. We'll have an Episode 4, and I have a huge feeling that Persona will definitely be the villain of it. PD may be the "final battle" for the ARKS, but Persona is a fight for YOURSELF.

Edit: Theory 2: I image we'll get more Anga-type bosses from PD, too.

Rakurai
Jul 31, 2015, 07:10 AM
There was that datamined bit of navigator dialogue that mentioned a fight to prevent a fragment of the PD from being released, so I don't think it's going be completely revived just yet.

I also have my doubts that Matoi's whole situation is going to last for long. I could honestly see it being resolved in the next story chapter, after which Double probably would decide to try and pick up the slack somehow.

oratank
Jul 31, 2015, 07:54 AM
may matoi is a new pd by absorb too much darker energy not the old one that had sealed long time ago

dingophone
Jul 31, 2015, 11:11 AM
THEORY: Defeting PD won't entirely get rid of PD. We'll have an Episode 4, and I have a huge feeling that Persona will definitely be the villain of it. PD may be the "final battle" for the ARKS, but Persona is a fight for YOURSELF.

Edit: Theory 2: I image we'll get more Anga-type bosses from PD, too.

Yeah, I was thinking about this yesterday actually. Just based on how they've done an ep/year so far, it definitely seems like they'll keep it going for a little while at least. Especially since EP3 has been as popular as it is.

Mysterious-G
Jul 31, 2015, 07:45 PM
I'll say I am not too big a fan of the last two chapters. I feel the revelations were either predictable, or really just not that great. The Profound Darkness origin story especially feels like a weak reimagining of PSZ's Mother Trinity.

With Double absorbed by the Profound Darkness, I am going to suggest that the datamined dialogue about fragments of the Profound Darkness breaking lose is actually about Double, who now is a fragment of the Profound Darkness after all. As such, it would just be used for the next Falz EQ featuring Double.
[spoiler-box]By the way, as that dialogue was datamined, it should not have been discussed in this thread as it features spoilers well beyond the contents of this chapter. :)[/spoiler-box]
Also, Persona totally is not evil. I don't even think he'll be getting his own Darkers at this point.
Figure he's/she's just trying to prevent the PD from spreading in his own way, which we will see unfold whenever SEGA decides to pull the plug. Until then, more MB scenes of Persona talking to us from behind our backs about the Shingen Yami! Woo!

Meteor Weapon
Aug 1, 2015, 02:41 AM
Its pronounced "Shin'en Naru Yami" though

Poyonche
Aug 1, 2015, 04:40 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]Actually, this dialogue was datamined ages ago, a little before Magatsu. Everyone also knows about Falz Double EQ. [Profound Darkness] is about this chapter, so people did their theory (Phase 1 : DF Double, Phase 2 : Uncomplete Profound Darkness) with the only reliable source they had : Henrietta's speech. :3[/SPOILER-BOX]

Rakurai
Aug 1, 2015, 05:04 AM
Is there anything that actually proves that Double is really dead and that they didn't just retreat? I see some people saying that like it's a fact.

Granted, even if it is true, the PD can probably just create copies of them, which would justify having them as the repeatable first phase of the next Falz EQ.

Their true form being the castle still doesn't sound right to me, though, since the only element of its design it has in common with them is its color scheme.

Spiral
Aug 1, 2015, 07:32 AM
Is there anything that actually proves that Double is really dead and that they didn't just retreat? I see some people saying that like it's a fact.

Granted, even if it is true, the PD can probably just create copies of them, which would justify having them as the repeatable first phase of the next Falz EQ.

Their true form being the castle still doesn't sound right to me, though, since the only element of its design it has in common with them is its color scheme.

Personally, also assumed they simply retreated/left after successfully feeding main character the Profound Darkness mess. Don't think there was anything discussing Double after they left, but could use correction if wrong.

Haven't actually watched the video/seen the teaser with the castle boss, but from what people have been saying, can personally see a goofy/unsettling big evil disney castle being their Dark Falz form, doesn't that fit their theme? Hehe, personal opinions!

Kondibon
Aug 1, 2015, 07:49 AM
Their true form being the castle still doesn't sound right to me, though, since the only element of its design it has in common with them is its color scheme.People keep saying stuff like this, but compare hunar (http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Falz-Hunar-pic.jpg)to elder (http://i.imgur.com/3FwjP.jpg), or Angel (http://i.ytimg.com/vi/gLCndrtZfxM/maxresdefault.jpg)to Loser (http://i.ytimg.com/vi/78xRJ6c0O_w/maxresdefault.jpg). While they obviously share similar motifs, pretty much anything they have in common is the same stuff they have in common with all their darkers, which is the same case if you compare double to the castle.

PokeminMaster
Aug 1, 2015, 11:08 AM
People keep saying stuff like this, but compare hunar (http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Falz-Hunar-pic.jpg)to elder (http://i.imgur.com/3FwjP.jpg), or Angel (http://i.ytimg.com/vi/gLCndrtZfxM/maxresdefault.jpg)to Loser (http://i.ytimg.com/vi/78xRJ6c0O_w/maxresdefault.jpg). While they obviously share similar motifs, pretty much anything they have in common is the same stuff they have in common with all their darkers, which is the same case if you compare double to the castle.
Yeah, I guess the castle really is Double... the only part that saddens me is just the lack of any sense of duality... but ah well, we get what we get

Kondibon
Aug 1, 2015, 11:19 AM
Yeah, I guess the castle really is Double... the only part that saddens me is just the lack of any sense of duality... but ah well, we get what we getWell I'm not saying it HAS to be. Though there could still be some duality thing going on that we haven't seen yet. Because I agree that it's pretty odd there isn't one.

Renvalt
Aug 1, 2015, 12:56 PM
Well I'm not saying it HAS to be. Though there could still be some duality thing going on that we haven't seen yet. Because I agree that it's pretty odd there isn't one.

Like I KEEP SAYING, it's there - but you guys need some "obviously 100% different form shape" in order for it to qualify as "duality" in your eyes.

The Castle is one form, the Chess Towers are another. How hard is that to understand?!

When it splits up into the individual towers, which shoot lasers and Darker walls at you, that's the BOY taking the reins. The compounded Castle is the GIRL in command.

I mean, hell, Falz Douran and Dourill don't even really look all that different (save a few VERY minor details), even when they fuse into Dourumble.

Kondibon
Aug 1, 2015, 01:02 PM
The Castle is one form, the Chess Towers are another. How hard is that to understand?!

When it splits up into the individual towers, which shoot lasers and Darker walls at you, that's the BOY taking the reins. The compounded Castle is the GIRL in command.

I mean, hell, Falz Douran and Dourill don't even really look all that different (save a few VERY minor details), even when they fuse into Dourumble.I don't normally read your posts sweety. Heck I technically didn't even say anything that contradicted what you said.

Zanverse
Aug 1, 2015, 01:32 PM
Or maybe??? Double's Castle??? Is just??? A new??? Boss??? That isn't??? Exactly??? Double???

Because when you think about it; the trailer's title probably referred to Falz Dourumble. Castle Darker is probably just a new boss. Notice how Toy Darkers never got a "Commander"?

By Commander, I mean this;

Aquatic Darkers have Zeshrayda as their commander.

Insect Darkers have both Ragne and Vibras sharing the commander role.

Winged Darkers have Blu Ringahda as their commander.

Toy Darkers only have Coletta Edetta so far, so there's a possibility that Castle Darker is just a new boss. Also, it wouldn't make sense for Castle to be the pre-boss to PD Fragment, because well, look at the checkerboard area? That's toy themed. Dark Falzes never have two different areas for their EQ. (Elder/Arms = ARKS Wreckage, Loser/Apos = Mothership)

I may be really biased, but that's my observation.

Edit: Now that I rewatched the trailer, I mentioned a some time ago on another thread that there is a certain sound effect in each IDOLA and pre-Falz boss song in PSO/PSO2 that also plays in the theme used in the Double teaser. So my whole theory is kinda scrapped out by that.

Renvalt
Aug 1, 2015, 02:02 PM
Or maybe??? Double's Castle??? Is just??? A new??? Boss??? That isn't??? Exactly??? Double???

Because when you think about it; the trailer's title probably referred to Falz Dourumble. Castle Darker is probably just a new boss. Notice how Toy Darkers never got a "Commander"?

By Commander, I mean this;

Aquatic Darkers have Zeshrayda as their commander.

Insect Darkers have both Ragne and Vibras sharing the commander role.

Winged Darkers have Blu Ringahda as their commander.

Toy Darkers only have Coletta Edetta so far, so there's a possibility that Castle Darker is just a new boss. Also, it wouldn't make sense for Castle to be the pre-boss to PD Fragment, because well, look at the checkerboard area? That's toy themed. Dark Falzes never have two different areas for their EQ. (Elder/Arms = ARKS Wreckage, Loser/Apos = Mothership)

I may be really biased, but that's my observation.

Edit: Now that I rewatched the trailer, I mentioned a some time ago on another thread that there is a certain sound effect in each IDOLA and pre-Falz boss song in PSO/PSO2 that also plays in the theme used in the Double teaser. So my whole theory is kinda scrapped out by that.

You also need to consider that Suganuma's been using each new area (or two areas in this case) for experimenting with all kinds of crazy ideas that violate precedent.

Biggest example: Kuron. It's going to have the portal to the boss area gated by points, meaning you CANNOT rush to boss. No, you're actually going to have to kill shit and do E-Codes to get there.

He's effectively making it not unlike an LQ in this regard. Which would be fine by me if he gave the areas prior the same treatment. The fact that he's only doing so every so often tells me that he pretty much ignores most content unless it has to do with anime collabs and/or how much panty he can stuff in a new scratch.

Not to say that when he DOES get his shit together, he actually produces some solid gold content.... but that's more often than not a rare thing to see him pull off.

LonelyGaruga
Aug 1, 2015, 02:19 PM
People keep saying stuff like this, but compare hunar (http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Falz-Hunar-pic.jpg)to elder (http://i.imgur.com/3FwjP.jpg), or Angel (http://i.ytimg.com/vi/gLCndrtZfxM/maxresdefault.jpg)to Loser (http://i.ytimg.com/vi/78xRJ6c0O_w/maxresdefault.jpg). While they obviously share similar motifs, pretty much anything they have in common is the same stuff they have in common with all their darkers, which is the same case if you compare double to the castle.

That's not actually true. Hunar and Elder have quite a bit in common. The red lines on Hunar's chest match up with Elder's eyes, and Hunar's head has a similar structure to Elder's (where the head core is). Hunar's wings and Elder's...thing on his head also share some level of design. The main issue with Elder's design not matching up as well with Hunar is that he also incorporates the Falz Arm design, which makes sense given that the CG cutscene indicates that Elder's entire body is pretty much entirely composed of Falz Arms.

As for Angel and Loser, while Loser mainly incorporates the religious that Angel draws on, the cloak that Loser wears matches up with Angel's waistcoat too. Loser also incorporates several characteristics from Luther. I was going to write a post on this a week or two ago on all the characteristics Loser's design incorporates, but that was multiple lengthy paragraphs before I even finished, and I doubt anyone would want to read that. But essentially, everything about Loser's design connects with Luther, from the owl design (symbol of knowledge), the religious angle of design (corresponds with motives), the clock motif (fits both Luther and the owl design, also present on Luther's outfit), etc etc. I could go on about how appropriate his design is but that's not what the point is.

The point is that Castle is an extremely inappropriate design for a Double's DF form. It's an amusement park castle. That is like the very opposite of the kind of design for Double, and it fails to incorporate any of their personality, design elements in any form, or anything notable about them at all. It has no duality motif, no mouth motif, and nothing related to their inner universe or copying powers. There's nothing tying it to Double beyond being a large toy darker. If Castle is Dark Falz Double, it is without a doubt in my mind the most disappointing Dark Falz design, without question.

redroses
Aug 1, 2015, 03:46 PM
I am confused, did it not say Dark Falz Double in the preview video directly before showing the castle enemy?
Why would they show the text stating Dark Falz Double, but then show a completely different enemy??

Poyonche
Aug 1, 2015, 04:02 PM
Aren't they saying "Its name is Dark Falz Double" ?

Renvalt
Aug 1, 2015, 04:07 PM
I was going to write a post on this a week or two ago on all the characteristics Loser's design incorporates, but that was multiple lengthy paragraphs before I even finished, and I doubt anyone would want to read that.

I actually happen to be very curious about this; if you don't feel comfortable with posting it publicly, would you at least mind PMing it to me, or writing it in a document that I could read?

Mattykins
Aug 1, 2015, 04:11 PM
Man, are people still clinging to the idea that the castle isn't Double? :V

LonelyGaruga
Aug 1, 2015, 04:35 PM
I am confused, did it not say Dark Falz Double in the preview video directly before showing the castle enemy?
Why would they show the text stating Dark Falz Double, but then show a completely different enemy??

Because it's a teaser. It isn't "completely" different anyway, if it's the pre-fight, which it most logically would be based on its design. Although it's a terrible design for Double, it's perfect for a pre-fight. Consider this: The Profound Darkness spawned the Dark Falzes (including Double). This makes it effectively a parent. Now that Double has been reunited with their parents, they would likely want to do something special to celebrate it. Like go to an amusement park. Which is what Castle is.

I actually happen to be very curious about this; if you don't feel comfortable with posting it publicly, would you at least mind PMing it to me, or writing it in a document that I could read?

I'll probably post it if DF Double is the castle after all so that I can point out just how bad it is compared to DF Loser. Right now, I'm not saying it is or isn't, but that it better not be, because as far as DF designs go, Castle is complete trash.

silo1991
Aug 1, 2015, 04:39 PM
now i just wonder how long its gonna take for translate the chapters 4 to 6

Poyonche
Aug 1, 2015, 04:43 PM
Mmh, as every translaters have full time job, and because there may be 189786548 lines. I would say January 2016.

Renvalt
Aug 1, 2015, 05:31 PM
Because it's a teaser. It isn't "completely" different anyway, if it's the pre-fight, which it most logically would be based on its design. Although it's a terrible design for Double, it's perfect for a pre-fight. Consider this: The Profound Darkness spawned the Dark Falzes (including Double). This makes it effectively a parent. Now that Double has been reunited with their parents, they would likely want to do something special to celebrate it. Like go to an amusement park. Which is what Castle is.

I'll probably post it if DF Double is the castle after all so that I can point out just how bad it is compared to DF Loser. Right now, I'm not saying it is or isn't, but that it better not be, because as far as DF designs go, Castle is complete trash.

Could you at least send it to me? I really would like to read it.

Kind of in one of those moods right now where I actually get a pleasure high on reading analysis of stuff like that - not sure if it'll be the same when you get to posting it officially.

Also, just as a possible theorem, but what would you imagine Double's full form being in terms of the motif and whatnot?

I mean, considering that the "Castle" seems like a merry-go-round as well in one of the attacks.

RibbonSoft
Aug 1, 2015, 06:00 PM
I wish SEGA would hurry up and release the EQ for Double so this stupid argument can be settled. Personally, I am curious as if the so called "Dark Falz Abyss" referenced in the game files is Persona or some form of the player character. Remember, the ARKS get Emergency Code: Abyss when they have to fight the player character.

LonelyGaruga
Aug 1, 2015, 07:03 PM
Could you at least send it to me? I really would like to read it.

Kind of in one of those moods right now where I actually get a pleasure high on reading analysis of stuff like that - not sure if it'll be the same when you get to posting it officially.

Also, just as a possible theorem, but what would you imagine Double's full form being in terms of the motif and whatnot?

I mean, considering that the "Castle" seems like a merry-go-round as well in one of the attacks.

I started writing a post about this stuff and decided it's way too much trouble to do more than a basic summary. Since I already summarized Loser I'll summarize what I would want to see from DF Double.

-Two forms. Preferably a combined form that is independent of their HP, unlike Dourumble, which I find to be very poorly handled. Failing this, have them share a large HP pool and not have separate HP totals that instantly lead to the second phase after only one of them is beaten. That's just sad for Double.
-Child motif, dual nature motif, mouth motif. The toy darkers universally fit the former two and incorporate the last one for many designs. Dark Falzes generally have body motifs, and that goes across games. But in PSO2 specifically, Elder and Loser prominently demonstrate an arm and head motif respectively, from their personalities, their darkers, and their own designs, including DF form. Double has a similar mouth motif going on in their own design, their personality, and their darkers. Their DF form should incorporate this.
-Some level of incorporation of their inner universe. For the two pre-fights we have right now, Falz Arms are literal extensions of Elder's body and Apos Dorios are apostles that contain a portion of Loser's power. The pre-fight, if it is Castle, will have some relevance to Double, and what I believe it to be is as a gatekeeper, possibly of Double's inner universe. Castle prominently features gates and doors in its design, particularly with its face being a gate. Could just be inherently part of its design concept, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's also a reason for why such a design was selected. Castle would be pretty much my favorite pre-fight design-wise if this is the case.

More or less it.

Kondibon
Aug 1, 2015, 07:13 PM
-Two forms. Preferably a combined form that is independent of their HP, unlike Dourumble, which I find to be very poorly handled. Failing this, have them share a large HP pool and not have separate HP totals that instantly lead to the second phase after only one of them is beaten. That's just sad for Double.
This actually makes sense from a design standpoint. It's a lot like how in some other games with duo bosses defeating one causes the other to powerup. It's just thematically different.

Poyonche
Aug 1, 2015, 07:16 PM
I don't know if it is possible, Persona is called maskman in the files.

en_dp_maskman would sound meh tho.

And also I guess DF Abyss is Profound Darkness because there is an Abyss Matoi in the files.

LonelyGaruga
Aug 1, 2015, 07:33 PM
This actually makes sense from a design standpoint. It's a lot like how in some other games with duo bosses defeating one causes the other to powerup. It's just thematically different.

Thematically, it would have made more sense to have them combine after both of them are defeated, or share HP totals and be defeated at the same time and then transform. These are also things that are done in other games. As it currently is, you can just speedily take out one of them and the other will prompt the merge regardless of damage. Granted, shared HP is bad because look at how it goes with Falz Arms, but at least Falz Arms do have an HP total that is appropriate for four targets at once.

I could just be calling it a little early, but Double just seems to be really pathetic HP-wise, for both forms, even considering the level and story mode nerf. If they do end up a credible opponent like Falz Angel is then I'll retract my complaints.

starwind75043
Aug 1, 2015, 07:41 PM
I started writing a post about this stuff and decided it's way too much trouble to do more than a basic summary. Since I already summarized Loser I'll summarize what I would want to see from DF Double.

-Child motif, dual nature motif, mouth motif. The toy darkers universally fit the former two and incorporate the last one for many designs. Dark Falzes generally have body motifs, and that goes across games. But in PSO2 specifically, Elder and Loser prominently demonstrate an arm and head motif respectively, from their personalities, their darkers, and their own designs, including DF form. Double has a similar mouth motif going on in their own design, their personality, and their darkers. Their DF form should incorporate this.
-Some level of incorporation of their inner universe. For the two pre-fights we have right now, Falz Arms are literal extensions of Elder's body and Apos Dorios are apostles that contain a portion of Loser's power. The pre-fight, if it is Castle, will have some relevance to Double, and what I believe it to be is as a gatekeeper, possibly of Double's inner universe. Castle prominently features gates and doors in its design, particularly with its face being a gate. Could just be inherently part of its design concept, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's also a reason for why such a design was selected. Castle would be pretty much my favorite pre-fight design-wise if this is the case.

More or less it.

A lot of that sounds nice but that's probably wishing to much for sega to do.
As far as the look goes it going to look like a giant toy darker with 2 heads.
I hope at least with the change they made to luthor the fight offers some
strategic elements.

Also to your point about the castle was over at futbalog looking for a raw and they appear have the same speculation
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i62.tinypic.com/2dmaxyu.jpg
[/SPOILER-BOX]

RibbonSoft
Aug 1, 2015, 08:08 PM
I don't know if it is possible, Persona is called maskman in the files.

en_dp_maskman would sound meh tho.

And also I guess DF Abyss is Profound Darkness because there is an Abyss Matoi in the files.

That's true. But is Matoi truly the big bad at the end or is something else going to happen? I wonder because isn't one of the recent files "DpAbyssChar ProtagonistEnemy enemy/en_dp_abyss_char.ice?" What does that mean? I'm curious. Also, what is the player character called in the game files?

Renvalt
Aug 1, 2015, 09:10 PM
I could just be calling it a little early, but Double just seems to be really pathetic HP-wise, for both forms, even considering the level and story mode nerf. If they do end up a credible opponent like Falz Angel is then I'll retract my complaints.

Credible outside the story mode version, you mean?

Weird. I thought EP3's quests went up to Lv60. And those actually give me a challenge for my level.

But if that's the case... then my damage might actually really be piss poor for my level too. Shit.

EDIT: Angel without his minions in story mode is rather easy enough, assuming you know what to look for. Outside of that, fighting him in a random field ECode is more about everything else that spawns in the area (as well as the terrain of whatever area you're fighting him in - some places are worse to fight a Falz than others). There are certain mobs that are annoying on their own, but become the biggest gnat in terms of irritability when fighting Hunar/Angel. Now imagine that Douran and Dourill are actually spread apart during, I dunno, say, Volcano - especially with that place's field hazards. Imagine yourself boxed in fighting those two morons. Not a lot of room to dodge now, is there?

LonelyGaruga
Aug 1, 2015, 09:56 PM
But if that's the case... then my damage might actually really be piss poor for my level too. Shit.

Let me put it like this. Barring composite techs, Force has the worst boss killing options of any class. I can still dish out about 180K damage per second on a weak point against a darker boss. Hunar has 1.6m HP at level 80. He gets flinched after a couple hits, proceeds to keep getting flinched, and dies in like, 15s maybe, counting PP regen time.

Angel does not have this problem because he has several times as much HP (estimates are still at 25.7m HP, but I don't think he has that much in level 80 SHAQs, probably does for the Invitation to Darkness EQ though), moves around regularly, attacks frequently, does not flinch unless you break wings, and has multiple attacks where you're pretty much forced to dodge, like BIG CRUNCH PROJECTO.

What I want is for Falz Dourumble to have enough health to not be a Hunar. What Falz Dourumble can do is completely irrelevant if it dies in under 30s.

Renvalt
Aug 2, 2015, 01:56 AM
Let me put it like this. Barring composite techs, Force has the worst boss killing options of any class. I can still dish out about 180K damage per second on a weak point against a darker boss. Hunar has 1.6m HP at level 80. He gets flinched after a couple hits, proceeds to keep getting flinched, and dies in like, 15s maybe, counting PP regen time.

Angel does not have this problem because he has several times as much HP (estimates are still at 25.7m HP, but I don't think he has that much in level 80 SHAQs, probably does for the Invitation to Darkness EQ though), moves around regularly, attacks frequently, does not flinch unless you break wings, and has multiple attacks where you're pretty much forced to dodge, like BIG CRUNCH PROJECTO.

What I want is for Falz Dourumble to have enough health to not be a Hunar. What Falz Dourumble can do is completely irrelevant if it dies in under 30s.

Right now I'm seeing EP3 as the second coming of EP1, except it's a lot easier to get far in it. EP1 has several boards and a lot of rather droll content (to most people, anyways). EP3 has always been about getting newbies to the high ground ASAP because that's where everyone is.

So it stands to reason that they'd make Dourumble as easy as Hunar because he's effectively Season 2's (AKA EP3&4 - EP1&2 are Season 1) starter Falz. Whatever comes after may or may not actually be this easy (assuming they fire Suganuma next Episode - I hate how he's using new content releases as means to "experiment" with different formulas, but then going and ignoring a good chunk of the earlier stuff).

OR.... it could be that a majority of peeps are finding small cracks in designer padlocks to prevent any one person from becoming epic godsauce (how many times have we had them 'fixing' methods that people commonly use to farm stuff/do damage this Episode? Not as much as EP1&2 did it, I'll tell you that).

LonelyGaruga
Aug 2, 2015, 02:48 AM
And then you just went and said a lot of silly things. Ah well, whatever.

All I said was that I wanted Falz Dourumble to have sufficiently high HP. Falz Hunar does not have a high HP total because he flips his shit when he enrages and pulls his sword out, particularly in XH. Titled Hunar makes this very clear, with the 5.5m HP. Him being an EP1 boss has nothing to do with anything.

Falz Dourumble's HP and even behavior in XH cannot be verified from just the story mode stuff. Of course story mode is a total joke because it always is. People talked about how amazing Falz Angel was in the story mode, but he was actually a joke too, those were just undergeared and inexperienced players talking about it. Every story mode enemy is hilariously easy, really. All I'm saying right now is that I hope that they make a great fight when they finally show up outside of story mode, because right now the biggest flaw that stands in their way is that they might not be given enough HP, which is a problem that plagues the majority of bosses.

Renvalt
Aug 2, 2015, 03:57 AM
Technically the problem with Story Mode Hunar was rectified the moment the dude was allowed to leave Story Mode's arena.

IIRC, E1C8 Hunar is capped at 37 (give or take a level) no matter how high you go, and has a 34 minimum base cap for that chapter (again, give or take a level). He's effectively rigged into Hard Mode tier in that quest, so obviously once he leaves he can be affected by proper level scaling of wheresoever you happen to be, on whatever difficulty.

But yeah, you're right. We haven't found a case of Dourumble spawning outside their story quest (though, as I said, they're capped at 60 because of the SQ limits, but can go as low as Level 1 if you manipulate it correctly).

P.S. So you're basically saying that Hunar's a FI/HU, which explains his low HP - he's aggro as fuck, and deals some wicked damage to compensate. Sounds about right. What would Angel be then in that case?

wefwq
Aug 2, 2015, 04:27 AM
P.S. So you're basically saying that Hunar's a FI/HU, which explains his low HP - he's aggro as fuck, and deals some wicked damage to compensate.
This explain so much on how people keep attacking him instead of running back to safe range when he's enraged and about to use his strong AoE attack...

Poyonche
Aug 2, 2015, 05:02 AM
I like when Hunar use his strong AoE attack close to a tower.

The tower go kaboom.

redroses
Aug 2, 2015, 07:38 AM

No, I meant, why would they show a text stating Dark Falz Double and than show an enemy that isn't Dark Falz Double. That doesn't make any sense.
And the text doesn't state anything that could be seen as vague. It literally only says "Dark Falz Double" and then shows the Toy Castle.

The way I imagine it could happen, would be that the first phase is fighting the humanoid forms of Falz Double, and after that they turn into the Castle, for phase 2.

Dycize
Aug 2, 2015, 08:11 AM
Speaking of of falzes' "ground" forms (hunar/angel/etc), those of us didn't insta-gib Darumble may have noticed that he sprouts Elder wings for one attack (and according to a friend, he also has one where he sprouts Angel wings), which I thought was a nice touch considering they absorbed both's powers. Makes me wonder if it also has an Apprentice attack (would be an interesting teaser).
And speaking of Apprentice, the Yucreeta plot is moving... Slowly. We're this close to seeing the end of it but she -still- ran away.
Hopefully the next chapters won't take forever to come out again.

Zanverse
Aug 2, 2015, 09:41 AM
We're talking about this right now and at this very moment, I'm sure there's someone here that knows a lot of info that we don't, on files, textures and models that could end the argument on DF Double's true form.

Maenara
Aug 2, 2015, 09:46 AM
We're talking about this right now and at this very moment, I'm sure there's someone here that knows a lot of info that we don't, on files, textures and models that could end the argument on DF Double's true form.

The castle boss' textures are in the game, right now. They can be datamined, right now. They are named 'toy_dp_double'.

Poyonche
Aug 2, 2015, 11:01 AM
They were since the last prepatch to be exact.

Hold on until the next patch, maybe there will be new interesting enemy files or textures. Or not.

Maenara
Aug 2, 2015, 11:14 AM
>dark falz double update
>castle is named "Dark Falz Double"
>"I don't believe that's ACTUALLY Double"

LonelyGaruga
Aug 2, 2015, 11:57 AM
No, I meant, why would they show a text stating Dark Falz Double and than show an enemy that isn't Dark Falz Double. That doesn't make any sense.
And the text doesn't state anything that could be seen as vague. It literally only says "Dark Falz Double" and then shows the Toy Castle.

Yeah, and it says something after showing Castle, too, and nobody says anything about what that says.

>dark falz double update
>castle is named "Dark Falz Double"
>"I don't believe that's ACTUALLY Double"

If it is, it makes a shit design for a Dark Falz Double, is what I'm saying. If Castle gets actual confirmation as DF Double on the livestream I'll just rail on about how it's a terrible design for a DF, which is what I've been doing since the trailer came out. It's not that it can't be DF Double, it's that it's too awful to suit them so it better be a pre-fight.

Cyber Meteor
Aug 2, 2015, 12:04 PM
There is the possibilty that the Castle is the first part of the Dark Falz Double, by that, i mean NOT the EQ before the true falz like Apos or Falz Arms, but more like the Douran/Dourill then Dourumble battle style, where he will change form when he reach a certain amount of HP and what we saw was the 1st part of the "potentially" 2nd EQ, i include the chess tower part that was mentionned as the 1st part to make it clear :-P. However i agree that a castle as a final form for Double would be meh, like even if it fits with the darkers type we got, it doesn't fit with the Dark Falz part but mostly in size. Remember the size of Elder when he ressurected, he's a continent by itself, Loser has a ridiculously small size by comparison, but it's mostly due to his power being kinda incomplete (he didn't need to find a body). That would surprise me if Double doesn't use his body thus being that small as seen in the teaser because from what i understood Double is the only Falz that haven't forgot the purpose of the Falzes and neglecting his true power wouldn't fit with how evil he is.

Rupikachu
Aug 2, 2015, 01:11 PM
Why not? i mean Double darkers are toy darkers so... double real form is a huge toy thing. It's pretty obvious to me O_o. Same way with loser, he was a giant angry bird or elder being a giant sea tentacle monster.

Renvalt
Aug 2, 2015, 02:57 PM
Why not? i mean Double darkers are toy darkers so... double real form is a huge toy thing. It's pretty obvious to me O_o. Same way with loser, he was a giant angry bird or elder being a giant sea tentacle monster.

That's the same logic I'm running on.

Elder's a Sea Anemone, btw. His Falz Arms are a combination of Cerberus meets Snapping Turtles if he were skinned onto a pair of Master Hand and Crazy Hand from SSB4.

Mysterious-G
Aug 2, 2015, 03:05 PM
The Double twins fuse before unleashing the Profound Darkness and becoming one with it. Duality is a theme done away with at this point and only the toy motif remains. So the castle makes perfect sense anyhow, as much as it angers some of you.

the_importer_
Aug 3, 2015, 12:26 AM
Do you guys think that Matoi could keep control of herself and the dark powers in her? I mean Luther (in his own twisted ways) pretty much had control over his DF powers until he lost Xion, then he went coocoo for cocoa puffs.

LonelyGaruga
Aug 3, 2015, 12:28 AM
The Double twins fuse before unleashing the Profound Darkness and becoming one with it. Duality is a theme done away with at this point and only the toy motif remains. So the castle makes perfect sense anyhow, as much as it angers some of you.

No, that's flawed logic. Even within their fused form they simply look like their bodies were put together, they still had their gendered characteristics (spiky hair/curly locks). More importantly, it has nothing to do with their name. Every Dark Falz's name has some important significance to their role.

Elder's name basically means colossus. He is a gigantic Dark Falz. Luther/Loser is derived from Lucifer, and he has religious motifs. Apprentice is young girl, and as the leader of bug darkers that makes her a queen insect. She acts as a prominent leader to bug darkers. Persona is mask. Persona successfully hides their identify and role in the story from just about every character barring the protagonist and manages to remain the most enigmatic character by far by revealing only the barest of details about themselves. Double is twins. They demonstrate the ability to make duplicates of things. Doesn't require much explanation there.

Elder's Dark Falz form is so big because he's a colossus. Dark Falzes aren't ordinarily the size of celestial bodies, that's just Elder living up to his name. The pre-fight against him serves to cut his size down since he literally sends his own body parts to attack. Loser's Dark Falz pre-fight similarly has to do with all the trickery and lies he uses throughout the story, what with being named after the Prince of Lies. The Apos Dorios serve to hide his location, and defeating them reveals his whereabouts.

Now we have a castle themed boss that utilizes lots of gates, walls, and attacks that seem designed specifically to repel ARKS. Double's power to create duplicates is derived from their inner universe. Seems reasonable to me to suspect that Castle is simply a guardian to that universe.

And honestly, putting aside all the aesthetic and story stuff, Castle would make a really lame DF fight. I can't believe nobody is commenting on how weaksauce its fight looks if it really is a DF. It's barely more impressive than Apos Dorios, honestly...yeah, it's cool, but is it DF cool? No. It really isn't.

Do you guys think that Matoi could keep control of herself and the dark powers in her? I mean Luther (in his own twisted ways) pretty much had control over his DF powers until he lost Xion, then he went coocoo for cocoa puffs.

Luther going mental was just him throwing a tantrum. Considering how he spent pretty much his entire life working toward that goal only to be foiled at the very last minute, I find it rather hard to blame him, either.

Meteor Weapon
Aug 3, 2015, 01:09 AM
To be honest, I'm seeing Loser's design motif coming from the Garuda lore, with a mix of Lucifer lore.

https://www.google.com/search?es_sm=93&biw=1600&bih=731&tbm=isch&q=garuda+hindu+god&revid=420027040&sa=X&ved=0CCUQ1QIoAmoVChMIt92pzJ-MxwIV0guOCh3G5AZA&dpr=1

Heck doesn't this one looked like one of those Bird Darkers?

[SPOILER-BOX]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/df/Lamp_in_the_Form_of_the_Mythical_Garuda_Bird%2C_19 th_century.jpg/1024px-Lamp_in_the_Form_of_the_Mythical_Garuda_Bird%2C_19 th_century.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Renvalt
Aug 3, 2015, 09:57 AM
To be honest, I'm seeing Loser's design motif coming from the Garuda lore, with a mix of Lucifer lore.

To be honest, his look and stance reminds me a lot of FFXIV's Garuda. Only gold. Like Garuda had gone Super Primal or something. And become capable of using other elementally aspected magic (like Ice). Oh, and got a sex change, too. And a fabulous elven body to go with.

For reference:

[SPOILER-BOX]http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130618212613/finalfantasy/images/2/27/Garuda_XIV_CG.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Hrith
Aug 3, 2015, 10:04 AM
Dark Falz Alexander ftw. I love it.

I'm mad that a stupid loli stole my [深遠なる闇] powers, though :<

Poyonche
Aug 3, 2015, 10:15 AM
My dream was to be the bad guy with some badass darker clothes and butterfly wings in the back, but then, Matoi stole it.

Kind of funny, you go in front of Matoi to protect her, but she takes back the Profound Darkness to protect you.

Inb4 we take it again in next chapter to protect her.

Rupikachu
Aug 3, 2015, 04:05 PM
My dream was to be the bad guy with some badass darker clothes and butterfly wings in the back, but then, Matoi stole it.

Kind of funny, you go in front of Matoi to protect her, but she takes back the Profound Darkness to protect you.

Inb4 we take it again in next chapter to protect her.

Next episode!

- The profund darkness tries to take control of matoi, but it's trapped on an endless loop of matoi cutscenes talking nonsense!

- Persona appears and steals it back with Clarissa!

- Tired of this power-stealing drama and matoi cutscenes the profund darkness decides this universe is too much of a bother and decides to invade another universe

- Luther manages to escape double/pf belly. Funds a new company called Google, becomes omniscient

- Claris Claes finally becomes Lady Chou Chou and turns everyone into Shampurus.

Agastya
Aug 3, 2015, 06:14 PM
- Claris Claes finally becomes Lady Chou Chou and turns everyone into Shampurus.
http://i.imgur.com/p1Qc1Og.png

who cares about bouncy castle, go blow up half of amduscia and show off ultimate sanctum already

also lol @ sevanian reskins in kuronia

Rakurai
Aug 3, 2015, 10:01 PM
I can't help but wonder where the next story quest is going to take place, now that I realized I was dumb and failed to notice that the early September update had a new story quest according to the roadmap.

There's also the matter of where/what that weird chessboard-like structure you fight the castle on is. The only thing that's apparent is that it's not in space, judging from the clouds in the sky.

Zorak000
Aug 4, 2015, 03:24 PM

https://www.google.com/search?es_sm=93&biw=1600&bih=731&tbm=isch&q=garuda+hindu+god&revid=420027040&sa=X&ved=0CCUQ1QIoAmoVChMIt92pzJ-MxwIV0guOCh3G5AZA&dpr=1
I mean; the first time I saw Dark Falz Elder's colossal form my first thought was "wait are we fighting Asura?"

https://www.google.com/search?q=asura+hindu+god&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAWoVChMImJKzz6CQxwIVB1WSCh2-FQMk&biw=1920&bih=1115

http://www.templepurohit.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Untold-Story-of-Asuras-TemplePurohit.jpg

Zanverse
Aug 4, 2015, 04:23 PM
^ ^ ^ Basically what Magatsu is based off of.

Nyansan
Aug 4, 2015, 05:00 PM
^ ^ ^ Basically what Magatsu is based off of.

I'd like to think Magatsu was based off Shiva, y'know being a deity of destruction and all.

http://www.bronzecreative.com/images/nataraja-shiva-statue.jpeg

Utterly Vile
Aug 4, 2015, 05:39 PM
I mean; the first time I saw Dark Falz Elder's colossal form my first thought was "wait are we fighting Asura?"

https://www.google.com/search?q=asura+hindu+god&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAWoVChMImJKzz6CQxwIVB1WSCh2-FQMk&biw=1920&bih=1115

http://www.templepurohit.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Untold-Story-of-Asuras-TemplePurohit.jpg

That game had so much upcoming potential... But it sorely disappointed me upon purchase...I would still like to see it scraped, and remade.

saraishadow
Aug 4, 2015, 06:40 PM
Well Gettemhart/Melphonsina's Image song translates to something like "Darkness of Asura" so it sorta makes sense that Elder's design would be based off Asura.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78hcKVQlMvo

LonelyGaruga
Aug 4, 2015, 07:18 PM
It's called The Darkness Between the Fighting. Google Translate butchers it. 修羅 is the word used.

修羅 = Shura
阿修羅 = Asura

Mysterious-G
Aug 4, 2015, 08:08 PM
I'd like to think Magatsu was based off Shiva, y'know being a deity of destruction and all.

If Magatsu is based off a Hindu deity, that would most definitely be Vishnu. One of Vishnu's forms, the Vishvarupa, is shown sporting a dozen of heads and arms to go along with it.
[spoiler-box]http://i.ytimg.com/vi/ha7nBocMtNs/hqdefault.jpg
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/19/Avatars_of_Vishnu.jpg[/spoiler-box]
Shiva, god of recreation and destruction, often is portrayed as his tool, the Phallus. Phallus means penis, and Dark Falz is called Dark Phallus in the Japanese original of Phantasy Star. Shiva therefore is the basis for Dark Falz, at least as far as its origins are concerned.
Phantasy Star Online picked up on these origins once more, not only featuring plenty of weapons with names related to Hinduism, but also by having Dark Falz ride on top of a strange creature. In Hindu religion, so called Vahana - mythical beings - serve as vehicles to the gods, carrying them. Shiva's Vahana is the bull, Nandi. As a little aside, Garuda, who was mentioned by another poster as the possible basis for Luther's design, is the Vahana of Vishna, another of the important Hindu deities.
[spoiler-box]http://old.gamegrin.com/files/images/Dark_Falz_1.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-uhwFbLlkN_Y/Ut4DlGOQVvI/AAAAAAAApHw/eluLN1kUm2k/s1600/WhyAnimalworsEWGHhipinhinduism7.png[/spoiler-box]
To solidify the importance and frequency at which Hinduism has shaped the appearance of Dark Falz especially, Phantasy Star Zero features the perhaps strangest of Dark Falz to date. (Except for Dark fish, but you know..)
Its appearance in that game could be seen as a reference to Ganesh, also a Hindu god and son of Shiva (Oho!) and Parvati. Shiva striked off the head of his son, but was scared of his wife's retaliation. Thus he looked for a new head for his son and found an elephant, which' head he severed and replaced his son's with. Not Falz-related, but Mother Trinity from the same game can be interpreted as a reference to the Holy Trinity of Hinduism - Shiva, Vishnu and Brahma.
[spoiler-box]http://www.phantasystart.fr/site/images/psz/niveaux/Dark_Falz.jpg
http://www.shri-yoga-devi.org/Blog/imagens/Shiva-Parvati-Ganesha-md.jpg[/spoiler-box]

TL;DR: If it comes to Dark Falz, there is a strong case to be made for its design to be based off Hinduism in some form. Although I won't argue for the Disney Castle here.

wefwq
Aug 4, 2015, 09:30 PM
If Magatsu is based off a Hindu deity, that would most definitely be Vishnu. One of Vishnu's forms, the Vishvarupa, is shown sporting a dozen of heads and arms to go along with it.
[spoiler-box]http://i.ytimg.com/vi/ha7nBocMtNs/hqdefault.jpg
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/19/Avatars_of_Vishnu.jpg[/spoiler-box]
Shiva, god of recreation and destruction, often is portrayed as his tool, the Phallus. Phallus means penis, and Dark Falz is called Dark Phallus in the Japanese original of Phantasy Star. Shiva therefore is the basis for Dark Falz, at least as far as its origins are concerned.
Phantasy Star Online picked up on these origins once more, not only featuring plenty of weapons with names related to Hinduism, but also by having Dark Falz ride on top of a strange creature. In Hindu religion, so called Vahana - mythical beings - serve as vehicles to the gods, carrying them. Shiva's Vahana is the bull, Nandi. As a little aside, Garuda, who was mentioned by another poster as the possible basis for Luther's design, is the Vahana of Vishna, another of the important Hindu deities.
[spoiler-box]http://old.gamegrin.com/files/images/Dark_Falz_1.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-uhwFbLlkN_Y/Ut4DlGOQVvI/AAAAAAAApHw/eluLN1kUm2k/s1600/WhyAnimalworsEWGHhipinhinduism7.png[/spoiler-box]
To solidify the importance and frequency at which Hinduism has shaped the appearance of Dark Falz especially, Phantasy Star Zero features the perhaps strangest of Dark Falz to date. (Except for Dark fish, but you know..)
Its appearance in that game could be seen as a reference to Ganesh, also a Hindu god and son of Shiva (Oho!) and Parvati. Shiva striked off the head of his son, but was scared of his wife's retaliation. Thus he looked for a new head for his son and found an elephant, which' head he severed and replaced his son's with. Not Falz-related, but Mother Trinity from the same game can be interpreted as a reference to the Holy Trinity of Hinduism - Shiva, Vishnu and Brahma.
[spoiler-box]http://www.phantasystart.fr/site/images/psz/niveaux/Dark_Falz.jpg
http://www.shri-yoga-devi.org/Blog/imagens/Shiva-Parvati-Ganesha-md.jpg[/spoiler-box]

TL;DR: If it comes to Dark Falz, there is a strong case to be made for its design to be based off Hinduism in some form. Although I won't argue for the Disney Castle here.
Just imagine magatsu have that much hands, he'll try to slap multiple airplane in very quick speed causing chaos among the players... sega you ruined it again.

Poyonche
Aug 5, 2015, 03:50 AM
Aaaaand nothing good in this patch.

Well, I guess we have to wait for a pro dataminer to datamine what there is to datamine.

Meteor Weapon
Aug 5, 2015, 04:38 AM
well its only like what? 20-50MB?

wefwq
Aug 5, 2015, 05:15 AM
Aaaaand nothing good in this patch.

Well, I guess we have to wait for a pro dataminer to datamine what there is to datamine.
Guren are so fucking cool.

Rakurai
Aug 8, 2015, 09:01 AM
I'm not sure why I didn't notice until now, but there is actually some duality present in the castle's design, in that its right set of legs/towers bear a predominantly pink and purple color scheme, while the others are green and yellow.

It could just be taking some design cues from Double, but now I wouldn't be surprised if it really is them and they're only the first phase of the EQ.

Poyonche
Aug 8, 2015, 09:12 AM
Which one is the smaller between Dark Falz Luther and Dark Castle ?

If Castle is, then pretty sure the next falz will be as big as an ant.

Zanverse
Aug 8, 2015, 09:22 AM
Which one is the smaller between Dark Falz Luther and Dark Castle ?

If Castle is, then pretty sure the next falz will be as big as an ant.

Judging from the size comparison of the player and the towers, Dark Castle is going to be massive... But my concern is that, with such a huge boss, the HP will be plenty on XH. Just look at Apos Dorios for example. Takes almost 15 minutes to take him down in an XH run, on average, no? And I bet the towers on Dark Castle will have a shield thing like Magatsu's legs.

PokeminMaster
Aug 8, 2015, 09:24 AM
Judging from the size comparison of the player and the towers, Dark Castle is going to be massive... But my concern is that, with such a huge boss, the HP will be plenty on XH. Just look at Apos Dorios for example. Takes almost 15 minutes to take him down in an XH run, on average, no? And I bet the towers on Dark Castle will have a shield thing like Magatsu's legs.
I agree with this, I'm pretty sure the castle is positively massive

It does seem that way, based on the brief scene with the Rifle-user in the video

Cyber Meteor
Aug 8, 2015, 09:26 AM
And I bet the towers on Dark Castle will have a shield thing like Magatsu's legs.

The teaser shows they do (when the ranger shoots on it, it makes the wonda's shield visual effect), however they have a small door with a weak point on their base.

Rakurai
Aug 8, 2015, 09:46 AM
The actual weak point appears be a Darker core protruding from the tower that's lit up.

That said, I imagine FOs with Il Barta are going to have a much easier time of things then the other classes with how much the castle seems to move around sometimes. I assume you can probably freeze its feet to the ground like most ice weak bosses, as well.

Poyonche
Aug 8, 2015, 09:49 AM
Also Ice and Light weaknesses, funny time for FOs with Barantsion. :wacko:

Kondibon
Aug 8, 2015, 09:50 AM
That said, I imagine FOs with Il Barta are going to have a much easier time of things then the other classes with how much the castle seems to move around at times.
Assuming they learned anything from Luther you're probably gonna have to stun it somehow to even reach that.

Cyber Meteor
Aug 8, 2015, 10:13 AM
Oh, just another thing is that he constantly throws fireworks that blows you away, not sure if they hit frequently though :wacko: