PDA

View Full Version : Event Tell-A-Tale: 2 -COMMUNITY POLL-

Vintasticvin
Jul 30, 2015, 06:47 AM
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/DieannaKill/LOGO_TAT.png~original

Hello fellow Arks its time to gather round the campfire and hear some stories!
This here is the community poll featuring all of the story entrants, in tandem with the previous thread. This poll will be up until August 14 so without further ado!

"Melancholy" By Azelyra
Every journey begins with a single step.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://puu.sh/j5VT7.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

In the year 21XX as Earth was desolated due to its lack of resources and sustainability. Over 800 years, the Humans have scattered throughout the universe onto various different planets and Craftworlds with the ARKS, a fleet of hundreds of 70KM Ships serving as the centerpoint for sustainable living conditions.

With so many questions that are left unanswered, Charlotte seeks to find answers to these questions by herself.

Charlotte is a girl who got abandoned by her parents at a very young age. Now learning at the local ARKS Academy and taking care of an orphanage, the story of Charlotte began in the year 29XX at a Craftworld named Athelya (pronounced: Ah-They-Lia), a beautiful world with sights of the blue skies and vibrant cherry blossoms, where bits of light shine to release a flash of diamonds across the wide landscape as the sun sinks down the horizon. This planet carries a great remnant of the Humans after the fall of their civilization.
Throughout the years, Aurelya has been known for its specialization in photons, the people of this planet has also learned over time how to harness this energy and utilizes it alongside scientists from the ARKS to make magic a reality; to what we call today: Techniques.

-------------------------
It is definitely a beautiful evening in December nearing the time of the long-awaited Christmas Holidays. Looking up at the sky there was a momentary hint of blue sky, and even this bit of light was enough to release a flash of diamonds across the wide landscape as the sun is sinking down the horizon, awakening feelings of warmth within the heaviness of our hearts. Snow is definitely going to fall today...

“Hey, don’t space out on me Charle!”
my friend Kiseki called out to me as we are walking towards a nearby park back from the market after buying Christmas decorations.

“Oh... I’m really sorry, Kise-chi...”
I replied to her without second thought as she let out a deep sigh.

“I really can’t just leave you like this, can I?”
she replied to me sounding a little bothered as she always is.

“...I think you worry about me a little too much, Kise-chi... It’s not like I don’t appreciate it or anything, I just...”

“It’s fine, Charle. It’s just natural to be worried about my best friend because well, we were always together since the start, right?”
she closed her eyes and gave me a smile.

Kiseki is a close friend of mines. We’ve been together at the orphanage since both of us were really young, so to repay the kindness that the orphanage gave us, we decided to stay together and take care of all the kids there as well as how they took care of us.

I nodded as she let out another sigh, it was slightly shorter than the first, and nevertheless it’s still a deep one.

“... I’m sor--”
Kiseki pats my back before I could finish saying anything.

“You know Charle, my wish for this Christmas.. Like every single year.. I wish that you would be able to truly smile and be able to express your emotions with everybody else.”

“Everybody else?”

“Exactly, everybody else. See, how many times must I show you this?”
She grabbed my wrist as we walked into a small park nearby.

“Kise-- what are you--” Before I finished, we found ourselves sitting on a bench facing the playground seeing the kids run around laughing with smiles on their faces as white snow began to fall from the sky.

Kiseki stood up and faced me.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://puu.sh/j5VR1.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

“I know... it’s really the only thing I can think of showing you.”she looked really down after saying that.
She always liked snow but she was never fond of the coldness, I can tell she’s trying to hide the fact that she’s feeling cold. I took the scarf I’m wearing and wrapped it around her.

“It’s warm isn't it?”
Kiseki nodded.

“Look.” I pointed out at the powder snow falling down like feathers from the sky as the sun sets.

“Kise-chi… would you call this a way the sky expresses something?” I asked her.

“The sky expressing…? What do you mean?”

“The sky is always changing, isn't it? Some days… It’s really bright, sunny and hot… Looking really bright and happy. Some days it can rain with really dark clouds… Looking all melancholy and gloomy. Yet, it could also be both so beautiful and gloomy... By letting down small things such as the snow we see, it’s beautiful isn't it? But why is the sky all cloudy and dark when such thing happens?”

“Because life is a bittersweet experience.” she answered.

“I... I see” I replied leaving a moment of silence between the two of us.

Despite saying that, in truth I don’t really understand the true feeling of what loneliness really is. I've always been like this since I was a little girl; I've never really been able to feel any emotions as if there is something restricting my ability to actually feel. I understand the concept of it, I do know how it feels like to be happy or sad, but I can never be able to express it. Because of this, I've always been alone since I was a little kid...

“Say, Kise-chi..” I spoke softly as I looked up at Kiseki’s face, she was looking out to the distance as a single drop of tear sheds from her eyes.

“But I don't want that kind of experience again...” Kiseki mumbled.

“I don’t want to feel that way ever again… I don’t…” Kiseki continued as tears started to drop down from her face to the ground.

I embraced the crying Kiseki.

“Now, now…” I tried to calm her down

“I don’t want to lose another family member...” Kiseki tried to speak out clearly.

“You and everybody back at the orphanage has been everything to me too, you know. It wasn’t an easy choice for me either.” I spoke softly to Kiseki.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://puu.sh/j5VRl.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

To be completely honest to myself, living all these years only gave me more questions than answers.
Why am I here?
Who are my parents?
This is why I decided that after today, I’m going to be going out to see the world and find these answers for myself.

“Kise-chi… From the very bottom of my heart… I truly thank you and everyone for everything.” I spoke softly as I knocked Kiseki out.

“Charl…”
Those were Kiseki’s last words before she knocked out. As the sun sets, I carried her back to the orphanage leaving a small note for everyone.

By the time you read this, I’m probably already gone from this place.
You know, I used to think about it every single day that all of us at the orphanage never had a purpose in life, as we were all abandoned by our very own parents. But yet, it always mystifies me how everybody could be living their lives as we are today, happily together.
Now that my time here is about to end, I think I finally understand.
Through all the hardships, happiness or even sadness, everybody was always there for me—and not just for me, but for each other.
I’m so glad that I got to be with everyone.
I’m so very proud and happy that I’m able to make other people happy as well.
Kise-chi, throughout all these years you’ve always been more than just a friend to me, you’re always there for me even though I’ve never been able to do anything much for you. I’m so glad that I got to meet you.
Thank you everyone for giving me warm and open arms since the very beginning.
Words just aren’t enough to express my gratitude to all of you.
I’m sure that we’ll all meet each other again somewhere.
Until then, be sure to take care of each other.
I won’t ever forget about everybody.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://puu.sh/j5W92.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
The journey of my life is only beginning.[/SPOILER-BOX]

The Lucid Dream By Omi
[spoiler-box]
Thinking back on it now, it seems like almost an eternity since she appeared before me...
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/LWudddn.png[/spoiler-box]
instantly I knew there was nothing to fear as she got closer. She had the most soothing angelic voice, and the most elegantly kind appearance, as if she herself was the safety net everyone looks to in their hour of need. As I listened to her, trying to piece together what she was saying... I was admittedly awestruck and probably staring at her much like someone would stare at the Rappy Slots after they just won the Jackpot twice in a row. In my seemingly star stuck state I really should have been listening to her better, but it was impossible. After she was finished speaking she grinned at me, and realizing my mouth was hanging wide open for I didn't know how long, I turned to regain what little of my composure I had left but when I turned back around she was gone. Vanished!

My thoughts started to race trying to remember what she said to me... but I only remembered bits and pieces. "Face the evil...", "...you will know when...", "...perilous dangerous journey...", and "...guided by one particular sense..." were the small parts that I remembered. Several questions raced through my head as well: Would I ever see her again? What did all this mean? What was this evil? Where would this "perilous journey" take place? When would any of this happen? But most importantly, WHY ME?...

[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/9yP5vSU.png[/spoiler-box]
That is me answering a question (or trying to suck up to yet another professor in this overly political school system), my name isn't really important, I am just your typical graduate school student at an esteemed university. Or at least I thought I was typical, until one day...

I didn't remember much of the morning, which is odd for me, but the afternoon classes is where it started. I suddenly began to feel weird, almost liked I had been drugged. My mind was racing and I suddenly heard her angelic voice again, but this time with more clarity, "The time has come". With those few words echoing in my mind I started to feel the most indescribable feeling, almost as if my soul was leaving my body in the middle of my class, but even that description did not do it justice. I closed my eyes not knowing what would happen or what was going on...

[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/jlNwTmx.png[/spoiler-box]
Once my feet had hit solid ground I opened my eyes. Through the heavy rainfall, what little I saw seemed desolate and baron. Where was I? Luckily my clothes happened to be teleported or phased in long with me. A lone weapon was found nearby, and I started down the only path I saw to go while trying to remember her words from before. As I took a few steps forward I heard a very, very distant almost humming sound that seemed to last for one second then not be heard the next and it persisted with that pattern. My head suddenly echoed "guided by one particular sense" in the same familiar angelic voice, with that I felt more comfortable knowing that I was not alone... at least not in spirit anyway.

Somehow species each from a different era were fighting alongside each other as allies. Trying to keep myself from "geeking out" proved difficult, as monsters such as the common Fangulf and its aberration the Bargruff not only were both alive but fighting side by side. Thinking ahead this had me worried as a simple Bargruff was nothing to fear compared to some more vicious monsters from that era. As I fought my way through some of these creatures my arm felt weird, almost weightless, at times as if it was being guided by someone other than myself. My head again echoed with a different message still in the same angelic voice "Face the evil, let my blade be your arm". Filled with confidence from the now pulsating blue glow of this weapon, the humming sound grew ever so slightly louder as I trekked onward.

After fighting off: (and easily I might add) a Plosiorgles, two Bayaribbles, a Diabo Igrithys, and even the fabled Anga Fundarge just to name a select few. I found myself at what appeared like the end of my journey according to this now quite loud what turned into a sort of beeping/buzzing combination still going at the same on/off pattern as before in my ears.

[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/kBAlJD6.png[/spoiler-box]
The surrounding areas just looked evil... What was in the cave like entrance under that giant rotted tree? Was all this evil that I had faced before hand just a "hors d'oeuvres" for what was about to come? Slowly but still confidently I walked through the opening.

At first I saw nothing, it seemed empty all be it a lot wetter ground than the previous areas. When I turned back around, she was standing there just glaring at me with these soulless white eyes that had no pupils. Her voice boomed and sounded exceedingly evil, yet it never seemed as if she was yelling. My head instantly filled with uncontrollable rage, perhaps fueled by this insufferably loud beeping/buzzing combination that persisted as well. I drew my weapon and without thinking ran at her, knowing my blade would aid me as it had the entire way so far. She vanished right in front me as my blade was about to cleave her in twain, I struck nothingness. She laughed at me manically as she appeared again from across the area. As I thought of what to do, she just rose her arms and mentioned something about her pet. A loud screeching cry filled the area as none other than a Gal Gryphon approached...

[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/7kIRNln.png[/spoiler-box]
I still had a smug confident smile on my face, due to my blade, as I knew this would not be a problem. She snapped her fingers from behind me and loudly laughed again, then disappeared. My blade had suddenly stopped glowing, my arm did not feel weird or weightless anymore. Staring at the Gal Gryphon as it inevitably was stalking me from way closer than anyone or anything would ever want to get to it. Not knowing what to do or what was going on, I froze in place. The Gal Gryphon lunged at me and suddenly I ...

[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/OyYXCHJ.png[/spoiler-box]
WOKE UP?!?!? My alarm clock was blaring in my ears, I turned it off as I realized I had over slept by about 30 minutes with it constantly being on. Everything was so vividly realistic, it couldn't have been all one dream, could it have?

Perhaps I will find out one day, I still remember every detail so clearly.
[/spoiler-box]

Urgent Message By Sacrificial
[SPOILER-BOX]
2xx AP
Somewhere in the universe.

■■■■■■■■■■!
■■■■ ■■■■■■!
■■ ■■ ■■■■ ?
http://i1367.photobucket.com/albums/r792/Sacrificiall/pso20150713_174112_004_zps4khgfepm.jpg
[SPOILER]Translated from Shironian.
"Priestess!"
"Priestess!"
"Where are you?"

■■ ■■ ■■■■ ?
■■ ■■■ ■■■■■ ■■■■ ■■■■!
http://i1367.photobucket.com/albums/r792/Sacrificiall/pso20150713_174246_005_zpsfwaljzc7.jpg
Translated from Shironian.
"Where are you?"
"I have something to tell you!"

■■■■■■■■■■!
■ ■■ ■■■!
http://i1367.photobucket.com/albums/r792/Sacrificiall/pso20150713_180525_009_zpskczdu5zh.jpg
Translated from Shironian.
"Priestess!"
"Oh, there you are!"

http://i1367.photobucket.com/albums/r792/Sacrificiall/pso20150719_172611_002_zpsvpskczop.jpg

“MultiCore!” Said Moriah. “Get out of that costume and sit down! Geesh, you frightened me for a moment there.”
MultiCore sighed. “Yes…”

http://i1367.photobucket.com/albums/r792/Sacrificiall/pso20150719_175153_003_zpso8kip7ml.jpg

“How did you even fit into that?” Said Moriah, while MultiCore threw away his costume.
MultiCore laughed. “Photons.”
Moriah made an empty smile and sipped from her drink.[/SPOILER-BOX]

Hard Times Cast By Spiral
[SPOILER-BOX]And with the rise of a new day, tales - told or untold - are born...
One such tale resides on the Ur ship of the ARKS fleet.
The story of a single CAST, huddled together amongst a small sea of ARKS members and upcoming idol dancers, his visual sensors immersed into a visiphone's imagery and information...

"Hmm...if only these people would undercut each other! Three million meseta for new arm parts, hmm? If only we could afford such hefty sums...(No way!)[Too expensive...]{...you guys know there -are- parts for a tenth of that?}"
The CAST tempted fate with these words, his fingers scrolling through pages and stores, the shopping experience that many an ARKS member submit to having soon been cut short!

*COME ON COME ON FOLKS don't be shy step right up!
"What's this?" A 'last hurrah promotion deal' and 'Tell a Tale' it says..."
*You are asked to tell us a story!
"A story, hmm...?"
*You can win something!
"Win...?"
*See what: MONEY CODE.
"Hmm, but those arms...(No, wait, you're better than this!)[Oooh, meseta~]{...uh oh.}"
*FABULOUS PRIZES AWAITS SHOULD YOU BE A LUCKY WINNER!!!

http://i.imgur.com/maUpEce.jpg
-momentary pause-

"...'SHOOT!'"

--------------

"A public event, yeah? Y'really think you can win this thing?"
His sister waved a hand nonchalantly, raising an eyebrow, her lips locked in a smirk.

"Well like we said, tell a story about ourselves, chance of money, hmm? Figured it would be worth a shot..."
"Yeah, but like what the hell. I know you're no story teller, heh! Bro give it up!"
"Hmm, most of our old pairs of arms are flimsy and broken though..."
"Brother, y'hoarded over thirty of them! An' I only got six!"
"But appearance is important..."
"An' you should get more reliable ones! Plus its a public event, yer going up against numbers and professionals. Fightin' quantity -and- quality!
Your chances are like Dudu slipping up on a 98% affix or havin' to deal with an emergency code 630 at t'same time Anga spits out a weapon of thirteen star rarity! One in a million, hey!"
"But sis, -both- of those happened to you...(And that's two percent isn't one in a million...)[You still suck at math~]"
"Didn't I tell you not to bring that up, hey?! A-And shut up! Y, you probably don't even have a topic!"
"There's a week, we can come up with something, hmm. Certainly."
"W-well whatever! I'm gonna go punch something, have fun with your stupid contest!"

He shrugged as his sister stormed out, thinly twirling his fine synthetic mustache while pondering on the topic.
"A topic...'INSPIRE!' We'll be able to get one in three days, hmm!"

http://i.imgur.com/LE0TUmf.jpg
-cue passing of three days-

"Hmm...hmmm...gah! Can't. Come up. With. Anything! (Argh!)[Boo~]{Maybe we should just add ninja?}"
"Hey partner! What's up? About my older sister, want to help me find robot arm scrap on Lili-"
"When'd you get here?! N-no, busy! We have, a quest, hmm! We'll 'GET OUT!'"
"Wait partne-"

--------------

In his haste to escape working with (the somewhat whiny) Afin, the aspiring tale teller finds himself in a campship in front of the partner terminal with an idea befitting the unintentionally accepted mission.
"Hmm, it could work. Now we just need an appropriate actor, yes..." he whispers, scratching his chin as if stroking an invisible beard.

(You have entered my domain, young ARKS.)(Now, let us bathe in the glory of battle!)
"'DEAR MY FRIEND!'"
(What.)
"'OKAY, COME HERE!'"

http://i.imgur.com/RstizNS.jpg
-the sturdy gladiator Dragon Ex meets his unlikely visitor-

"Hmm, looking blue today. And your voice is a lot lower...but anyway, we're not here to beat you with our rod today. Instead, we need your help as an actor!"
(That's because I'm not my sister, you imbecile.)(...is this an ARKS thing?)
"Ah, apologies. You both look alike...in fact she looks exactly like you. Just gray. As if a recolor. But, hmm! Yes, the popular tale where a hero slays the mighty dragon!"
(Yeah, this is definitely an ARKS thing.)(And why do I have to be the villain?!)
"Hmm, hmm, yes. Oh, and a princess. We could have your sister be the princess to rescue. Hmm!"
(My sister is also dragon you moron.)(Why not make the dragon heroic, I get to fight stupid evil robot Dragon Ex.)(Or make a heroic sacrifice to stop evil stupid ARKS member with immortality ties.)
"Hmm, you think that'd sell? Work with me, here. (Dragon Ex versus Mecha-Dragon Ex to save the little ARKS members in middle? No way!)[Evil king bound to mighty dragon fighting for revolution who becomes a star? Hmph, nah...]"
(This is stupid.)(Let's fight already!)

--------------

http://i.imgur.com/QvMQ818.jpg
-and the aspiring tale teller began to realize-

"Perhaps, in discussing these topics, we see that there is more to telling tales than rewards, meseta and money..."
(Nah, it's all about money to you ARKS. And stupid costumes.)(-groans-)
"There is a certain joy in creating character, bringing it alive with appearance and story. (And can share that joy~) [One does not need meseta or even functional arms to tell a tale...hmph.]"
(Pfft, I'm sure your "storytellers" do it for the money, ARKS. We dragonkin have transcended such base desires.) The gladiator Dragon Ex shrugs with his tiny nearly non-functional hands.
"Thank you, friend. Hmm, perhaps we already have a tale to tell in mind..."
(Are you even listening to me?)(Well sounds like you got what you wanted so that means we can fight.)
"Wait, no-'HOLY SHIT!'"

http://i.imgur.com/2aPRnsN.jpg
「煌刃・劫火一閃刀!塵と消えよ!!」

"Owowowow, you win this time."
(Come back after a thousand years of training under amplified gravity, weakling!)
"Phew, hmm. Maybe, maybe. Or do you have a butler? We could have our butlers duel.(Or our sisters!)" The CAST chuckled as he began pacing back to the campship.
(Quit your whining, ARKS.)(And she'd would probably beat you, too!)
"Hah, well by memory. She's strong, passionate, likes to be on top. Perhaps another day, hmm."
(A wimp like you wouldn't stand a cha-)
-momentary pause-
(WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN DOING WITH MY SISTER)

http://i.imgur.com/S6jZ8wg.jpg

--------------

"And so we submitted something. Hmm, better than nothing. (But embarrassing!)[Glad that's over with...]{-sigh-}"
The CAST shrugged as he spoke, his sister stretching as she took in his tale.
"So, doesn't matter if you win or not, yeah? Thought y'were in it for the money, eh."
"There are other ways to make meseta, hmm. We're more interested in the tales others have submitted, really."
He chuckled, his sister surprising him with a box.
"Well great, 'cause I got somethin' for ya, yeah? Don't thank me or anything, got a workout shoving my fist into stuff for Faina and Klotho. Got enough tacos for dinner, too heh."
"T-this is..."
"You said you wanted these, yeah? Just had a little extra, t-that's all, eh."
He instinctively tried the new arms on, his sister trying to retain a cool image.
"...you're the best sister any CAST could ask for, sis. (The bestest~!)[T-thanks...]{...hmph.}"
"S-shut up before I backhand your weak flimsy butt arms all the way to Lilipa!"
"No seriously, and-'OH MY GOD!'"

The next morning, Afin finds robot arm scrap in his search for his older sister.
And with the rise of a new day, tales - told or untold - are born...[/SPOILER-BOX]

It Runs In The Family By Yoshiblue
[SPOILER-BOX][SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/DiU1x1S.png[/SPOILER-BOX]"A wise woman can learn more from a fool than a fool can learn from a wise answer."
That's what my father once told me before, back when he used to take to on all sort of adventures. Looking back at it all now, it makes me laugh really. I always used to rip my hair out trying to figure out why he did the things he did. Now, I think I understand why.[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/u9256fA.png[/SPOILER-BOX]In the past, there was a time when we just finished fending off a Rockbear from a group of Rappys by a shallow lake. After the battle he said he was hungry and start looking at some nearby berries. Hungry, he said. He wasn't really hurt and those berries really weren't poisonous. But still, he ate them, rolled himself out on the floor and pretended to feel sick.
"Aw man, I think I over did it," he casually said.
And me being me, I started to panic and cry. Tears all down all over my face and made me feel cold under a gentle breeze. I can still remember myself immediately running to my father's aid yelling, "Don't die on me daddy."
Oh, if only I knew better...[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/T1PUsjh.png[/SPOILER-BOX]If only I knew how line shields worked back then. I would have done so many more dumb things if I had. I remember the time dad took me to the volcanoes after getting me one. The moment we got there, what was the first thing he did? He caught himself on fire. No fear in that man, just waltzed right in, and the only thing he had to say for it was,
"Boy, it getting a little toasty in here, huh?"
I was so scared. Back then, I didn't know they could protect you from burns and scarring. Naive me thinking the worst at the time, I remember instantly running out to put him out crying,
"Don't worry, daddy. I'll save you."
I bet I sure showed him though. After burying him under a pile of snow, the look on his face after he got out...heh heh, classic.[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/rRkzHoY.png[/SPOILER-BOX]The look on my face when he took me to the beach. This was after the time he would take me to some basic combat classes, since I couldn't take any of the adult classes. After being told of my good marks, I was so happy when he told me we were going to the beach. I got my swimsuit and my floaties and everything. It was going to be great. Little did I know, it wasn't going to be the beach on the ship. Instead we went to a planet. With all those creatures everywhere, where the water seemed super cold and the sand not so soft or warm. One would think they would be careful where they stepped. Not my dad though. Once he touched down on that planet and got onto the beach, nothing stopped him. He went everywhere he pleased. Then that's when the aggressive creatures attacked. I was very scared. Scared out of my skin while all my father says is,
"Nice day to pick shells, huh?"
"Don't worry dad, i'll save you from the monsters," I replied. As terrifying as they were, they honestly didn't stand a chance. Looking back on it now, I kinda feel bad for them. Almost brings a tear to my eye.[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/U5jeEnE.png[/SPOILER-BOX]I remember crying back then too, around the time my dad said, "The sunset is really pretty today, don't you agree?"
I guess the sky did look rather pretty that day. Back then, the sunset didn't matter to me. All that matter then was the safety of my father. "Dad, please stop getting hurt. I don't want to lose you," I said. Tears running down my cheek and the cold waves washing away the monster nose blood.
"Don't worry about me, I'll be fine," he replied, big grin and all.
I got so frustrated at that line. I must have made a really dumb face at him because the moment he look at me, he smile the biggest smile he had that day. That's when he got on his knees and looked at me face to face.
"Sweetie, i'm alright, really," he said, wiping a tear of my face. "Please don't cry. Listen, if it'll make you feel any better, I'll tell you a proverb my mother used to tell me when I was your age. A wise woman can learn more from a fool than a fool can learn from a wise answer. Sweetie, not only are you very precious to me, you are also the future. You're beautiful, you're strong and you are also very intelligent. Never let anyone tell you otherwise, okay? And always know that I love you very much, alright?"
"I love you too dad, but please stop hurting yourself."
He never did tell me why he would hurt himself and it took me a long time to realize why he did.[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/VJ3QmYl.png[/SPOILER-BOX]All he told me was, "I'll think about it."
"Thinking?" I cried. "That doesn't sound very foolish daddy."
Every time I remember that, I chuckle a little. Oh dumb ol' dad, why do you do the things you do? And now, here I am with a daughter of my very own, doing the very same things he did to me. Taking on her on adventures and passively teaching her along the way. Thought unlike me, who took after her mother, she takes more after her father. She is impatient and always wants to be the first to go in. Always gets into everything head first. Such as right now, as she stands behind me. That impatient look she makes with her face always makes me smile.
"Mommy, can we go now?" she said to me. "I want to look at the little fishies!"
"Yes," I replied, turning around so I could look at her. "But first you have to answer me this." Looking her straight in the eyes, I placed my hands on my helmet and rapped at it a little. "How long do you think I can stay underwater until I run out of oxygen?"
The look on her face when she heard this. Her eyes must have grew wider than a coffee mug.
"Mommy, please don't do that," she shouted. "That's dangerous!"
And so the cycle continues. [/SPOILER-BOX]

Once again this Contest is brought to you as a Collaboration from the fine folks of the Sanctuary Of Phantasy (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/group.php?groupid=524) and Phashion Legacy (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/group.php?groupid=477)

yoshiblue
Jul 30, 2015, 03:03 PM
Interesting that we have until the 14th, but the poll closes on the 7th. I wish everyone good luck.

Vintasticvin
Jul 30, 2015, 04:06 PM
Just PM the votes when the poll closes.

Sayara
Jul 30, 2015, 05:14 PM
Hello.

This poll will close on 08-14-2015 at 07:51 AM

Vintasticvin
Jul 30, 2015, 06:17 PM
Hello.

This poll will close on 08-14-2015 at 07:51 AM

:D OH COOL thanks Sayara!

strikerhunter
Jul 30, 2015, 08:47 PM
Good stories, to bad there wasn't as much entries.

landman
Jul 31, 2015, 12:26 AM
I'm inclined to vote for the one with the less text right now lol but I'll be fair and vote once I've read them all.

Spiral
Aug 1, 2015, 08:11 AM
Wound up reading all other stories and enjoyed (all of) them. (Though only a few!) After avoiding thread due to shame because submission. |||orz

Azelyra's felt extremely prologue-esqe. In the indirect introduction to character/pilot episode kind of way. Is it..."To be continued...?"

Omi's looked the most relevant, if only because of...limited quest. Teehee, story mode version for the quest!

Sacrificial's smelt...well, it's really short, even if you don't want to read people's writing you can enjoy this one easily - go take a peek! I chuckled, too!

Yoshiblue's tasted the sweetest, easily. Cute parent child relationship is too sugar sweet. ; ;

Voting-wise, personally was tied between Azelyra and Yoshiblue's stories, in both writing and picture quality. Was sold by Azelyra's heavily atmospheric last picture though.
These are just opinions! Best read them too.

For everyone else who participated, nice stories!

yoshiblue
Aug 2, 2015, 12:56 AM
Wouldn't say shameful, just a bit all over the place. Would be interesting to know the ideas that were behind the making of your story.

Sacrificial
Aug 2, 2015, 06:30 PM
Seems like you are beating me this time/year yoshi ('w')b

yoshiblue
Aug 2, 2015, 11:09 PM
Seems like you are beating me this time/year yoshi ('w')bEh, we still got a week and a half left. Kind of surprised to be honest.

yoshiblue
Aug 5, 2015, 05:10 PM
I wonder if this thread should get a sticky?

Vintasticvin
Aug 5, 2015, 05:32 PM
I should probably go to b1 and promote this and wooooowhee this contest is looking great

BIG OLAF
Aug 8, 2015, 10:26 PM
I should probably go to b1 and promote this and wooooowhee this contest is looking great

That's probably not a good idea (though it's already done by now, assuredly).

yoshiblue
Aug 14, 2015, 12:28 PM
Edit: Nvm, closed.

Vintasticvin
Aug 17, 2015, 02:22 AM
Sorry for the delay everyone I've been slacking off on my duties eh heh heh heeeeh...
Without further ado ladies and gentlemen thank you all both contestant and voters without you this contest is nothing but an idea dreamt by individuals who loves a good story.

Prizes have been distributed to the winners again sorry for the procrastination, congratulations to the winners and hopefully we'll be back again next year!

yoshiblue
Aug 17, 2015, 07:57 PM
Woot! I want to thank everyone who joined and voted. I hope more people join next time around.