PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 An official PSO2 in the west? What would you expect?

Rickjaemz
Jul 30, 2015, 07:33 AM
Straight to the point.
As with all games from outer regions there is one huge flaw when they get imported-

Localization of material and content.

What do you think would be the localized content we receive. Let's face it, Miku, Fate Night, and so on wouldn't live too well with the general populace, especially when competition steps in (WoW, RS, Guild Wars, Deadmau5). We'd probably get Indiana Jones, Star Wars and other cameos that are more western instead of the ones we liked on JP.

And yes i know i said RS, with sega's track record some games could still trample on them effortlessly they don't got the best MMO history.

sol_trigger
Jul 30, 2015, 08:11 AM
no shit

Kondibon
Jul 30, 2015, 08:18 AM
Let's face it, Miku, Fate Night, and so on wouldn't live too well with the general populace, especially when competition steps in (WoW, RS, Guild Wars, Deadmau5). We'd probably get Indiana Jones, Star Wars and other cameos that are more western instead of the ones we liked on JP.On the contrary most asian mmos I've played or seen that do colab like promotions still do the ones they did in their original release or didn't do many at all. It's not like they don't know who the target demographic is. The hardest part is actually getting the rights to do it.

Mabi comes to mind as an example. The Miku and SAO stuff came to the NA servers but the FMA stuff didn't due to licensing issues.

If the game came out right now I doubt we'd get any of the ones we missed even if it were possible though. It's a matter of timing since these things are mostly promotional.

wefwq
Jul 30, 2015, 08:22 AM
Mt Dew

landman
Jul 30, 2015, 08:49 AM
Miku would be there, after all Sega is releasing game after game in the west.

The only non Sega/anime collab I'd expect on an imaginary western pso2 server would be... Team Fortress 2.

Rupikachu
Jul 30, 2015, 08:52 AM
Just no. Knowing sega they would start with episode 1 and forget about it. But if they gave content parity (as in weapons, classes, pa's mechanics and story) i wouldn't mind the lack of waifu clothes and switch

Poyonche
Jul 30, 2015, 09:06 AM
Mh, maybe we would start with the Hunter, Sniper and Wizard class.
By levelling them to level 30, we would unlock 3 important missions which could unlock once completion : Rogue, Scout and Medic.
However, we should not forget to feed our "Robot Pet" which can summon a "Magical Beast"when the "Magical bar" is full.

ShinMegamiSensei
Jul 30, 2015, 10:25 AM
I'd expect people to complain about being behind in content even though we shouldn't have experienced this JP content normally, anyway.

starwind75043
Jul 30, 2015, 10:49 AM
From my experience it never works out to be the same game. We would always be behind japan in promotions/content

dingophone
Jul 30, 2015, 11:30 AM
Apos Doritos™

Shinamori
Jul 30, 2015, 12:04 PM
TF2 Weapon Camos and costumes. They will be super overpriced. Probably some DBZ abd naruto collabs.

wefwq
Jul 30, 2015, 12:04 PM
By levelling them to level 30, we would unlock 3 important missions which could unlock once completion : Rogue, Scout and Medic.
However, we should not forget to feed our "Robot Pet" which can summon a "Magical Beast"when the "Magical bar" is full.
and then there's part where they'll release samurai and ninja class that if the server even managed to get on EP2 or even EP3

Poyonche
Jul 30, 2015, 12:17 PM
and then there's part where they'll release samurai and ninja class that if the server even managed to get on EP2 or even EP3

Yeah that too. Would it even reach Elder ?

TF2 Weapon Camos and costumes. They will be super overpriced. Probably some DBZ abd naruto collabs.

I also forgot to tell that everything got in AC scratch would automatically bind to you. :wacko:

ZynischQ
Jul 30, 2015, 12:20 PM
Who would host it? SEGA of NA? Do they even have mmo-hosting capable servers?

SakuRei
Jul 30, 2015, 12:29 PM
And hey... Don't forget about the Samurai and the Ninja classes. *insert awkward joke eel.jpeg here*

LunaSolstice
Jul 30, 2015, 01:11 PM
I expect pure boredom due to lack of content and alot of JP costumes not being added due to NA being NA.

Also I'd ragequit if Bouncer was really named Ninja LOL

DrCatco
Jul 30, 2015, 03:28 PM

Poyonche pls.

It's Warrior, Soldier and Wizard.

red1228
Jul 30, 2015, 03:33 PM
Apples Doritos™

Fixed that for you.
That's what everyone was calling him when Loser/Luther EQ was new.

Chdata
Jul 30, 2015, 05:41 PM

I could rent a server capable of hosting it for like $30/mo

(okay maybe more than that for thousands of players)

Sacrificial
Jul 30, 2015, 08:14 PM
Poyonche pls.

It's Warrior, Soldier and Wizard.

how a bout paladin? everyone will pick guard stance shield

[Ayumi]
Jul 30, 2015, 10:31 PM
It will have everything SEA has.
Even Wizards and Samurais.

It will not have all the content (ever) ESPECIALLY any collabs that existed.
It will maybe have collabs with some of the "popular" stuff that's hip now in the West and so on and so forth.
Aka, it seems like PSO2 in the west seems like a wreck before the crash.

Do not want.

how a bout paladin? everyone will pick guard stance shield

Warrior
Gladiator

Soldier
Gunsman

Wizard
Magician

Samurai
Ninja

The melee weapons will be
Greatsword
Claws
Spears

Doubleswords
Gloves
Dualblades

The photon magicians will be using
Fire, Ice, Wind, Lightning, Dark, and Light

The way the magic will go by as example will be Fire, Firera, Firena, Firegi, and so on.
Their weapons will be the staff, cards, and clubs.

The marksmans weapons will be simply known as the Rifle, the RPG, and the Twin Handguns.

Samurai and Ninja will be using

Sword
Bow & Arrow

Dual Swords
Enchanted Boots

Rickjaemz
Aug 1, 2015, 06:08 PM
Ofcourse, they can re-use the PSU server setup. i'm sure that'll work 100% flawlessly :D
Oh and the same billing webpage too

Poyonche
Aug 1, 2015, 07:11 PM
We could also rely on our MAgician/WIzard to use "Attack Boost" and "Defense boost" before going to fight the "Great Darker Colosseus".

However, they should not forget about their "Heal Spell" in case we ran out of "Recovery Drinks".

But then, Magician would not have "Revitalizing Field", which would be a first class only skill, in case we run out of "Rebirth Kit" because it would still be at Episode 2 before we meet "Great Darker Defeatist".

I still hope we would get Digging Base Protection : [Worry] with the Anti Darker Robot though.

Utterly Vile
Aug 1, 2015, 07:43 PM
I'd expect the same lack & abuse undergone from the last 5 years of playing "SEGAC" PSU......I'll stay, and play JP-PSO2 to avoid that again all together.