PDA

View Full Version : Crafting

fay
Jul 30, 2015, 11:34 AM
tl;dr - I basically need spoon fed with crafting my stuff as I don't have a clue if it will make my stuff better or not. Everything I want to craft is of 11-13*.

I haven't done crafting before. Only started playing again yesterday since about Christmas or so. Looked over a guide about crafting but it's got a lot to it. I don't understand all these hidden paramiters and stuff. I have no idea if the stuff I'm trying to craft has these paramiters. All I'm really trying to work out is if I extend my weapons and armor, am I going to be stronger with my weapons or weaker? Will I be more resilliant or less with my armor?

GoldenFalcon
Jul 30, 2015, 11:44 AM
Crafting units is pretty much standard.

However, extending 11* weapons is dumb (their power goes down or stays the same), and you can't extend 12* or 13*

ShinMegamiSensei
Jul 30, 2015, 11:49 AM
http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/craft_2_01.php#nav
(I don't have the swiki page for this bookmarked and swiki is updated more, but bear with this for now ^^; )

Change page to the weapon you're looking to craft. Then look at the rarity of the weapon and itll show what your stat will be at that extension level. Then you can compare to the base of your original weapon and see if it's larger or not.

Let's say I want to craft ヤシャ Yasha (katana) for some reason. 955 base normally. If I crafted to exlvl8, it's base will become 941. Weaker than original. But any 11* katana that has less than 941 base would see a higher base stat. (But still unsure if worth it for 11* since variance comes into play. Probably better for 10* and under.)

There is one higher ext. level than what is listed on cirno. Hasn't updated.

I read that once you start using silva-tier materials in crafting, your crafted weapon gets some bonus dex to help with variance.

wefwq
Jul 30, 2015, 11:50 AM
You can't craft *12 and *13, and not everything being magically stronger after being crafted, it can actually being shittier after you craft it if you don't choose what you'll craft carefully.

here's few things you might want to know before getting started:
- You keep weapon grind level, affixes, and potential when crafting weapon
- You keep weapon/unit set bonus when crafting weapon/unit
- You will lost original unit "hidden bonus" when crafting unit
- You will lost original unit damage/element resistance when crafting unit
- There is no "failed" when you craft your stuff, unlike when grinding
- There is chance to achieve "Great Success" during craft, this will grant you some additional bonus
- Extending to same level (eg: level 4 extend > level 4 extend) will boost chance of Great Success occurrence slightly
- Placing certain crafting room good in your room may grants you various crafting bonus effect, but keep in mind you can only place 1 item per type
- By increasing your craft level, you'll receive small bonus per level for your crafting needs (eg.: boost great success chance by xx%, or decrease cooldown, etc.)
- Great success on weapon crafting will randomly result in lower stat req, or additional equippable class

fay
Jul 30, 2015, 11:57 AM
So crafting weapons 11*+ is always a bad move regardless? I'm just curious about why it offers to do it if all it does it make the weapon weaker.

As for units: I'm reading that if I extend my 11* unit then it will gains +30 HP and +1 PP and gains defense. Am I right in saying that there is no negative stuff when crafting units?

EDIT: I'm using a 10* lux unit here as an example. It's base def is 211. Only when it's at extension 10 it will go to 220. That's 9 extra defense over 10 extensions. There is something I must still not get about this because 9 defense after all that is nothing.

wefwq
Jul 30, 2015, 12:01 PM
So crafting weapons 11*+ is always a bad move regardless? I'm just curious about why it offers to do it if all it does it make the weapon weaker.

As for units: I'm reading that if I extend my 11* unit then it will gains +30 HP and +1 PP and gains defense. Am I right in saying that there is no negative stuff when crafting units?
Some *11 are actually has piss poor ATK, and some people want to take advantage of the crafting system to make their stuff has higher attack value, or simply want their stuff equipable on different class.

Some unit has build in secret damage resistance modifier (eg.; resist striking 3% etc), while some has PP or HP boost that don't listed, you'll lose those upon craft along with it's original element resistance, and replaced with whatever recipe you use to craft your unit.

fay
Jul 30, 2015, 12:06 PM
I think I've decided just to leave all this crafting stuff. It seems that for higher end gear it just works out negative in pretty much every situation for me. Cheers anyway guys.

RadiantLegend
Jul 30, 2015, 01:08 PM
It depends on your goals when crafting.
For example FI/HU can use HU only weapons when you add FI class when crafting. RA/BR using BR only weapons.
Silly 1* sword can match the satk of some 11* weapons. That way you can use your oldies and not completely suck.
For units most craft to get 100hp or 10pp bonus per unit at lv3, 8, or 10. (I think you end up with 323sdef 295 rdef 295 tdef at lv 8 craft, cirno or swiki can give you the exact numbers)

Also are your units +10?
lv 10 ext +10 is 336s 308r 308t

the_importer_
Jul 30, 2015, 01:33 PM
It depends on your goals when crafting.
For example FI/HU can use HU only weapons when you add FI class when crafting. RA/BR using BR only weapons.
Silly 1* sword can match the satk of some 11* weapons. That way you can use your oldies and not completely suck.
For units most craft to get 100hp or 10pp bonus per unit at lv3, 8, or 10. (I think you end up with 323sdef 295 rdef 295 tdef at lv 8 craft, cirno or swiki can give you the exact numbers)

Also are your units +10?
lv 10 ext +10 is 336s 308r 308t

Although the OP doesn't care about crafting anymore, I'd still like to add my 2 cents on your reply.

No weapon under ★7 has any potential, so to say that these non-rare weapons can match rare ones just on ATK alone is not quite true.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 30, 2015, 01:43 PM
Although the OP doesn't care about crafting anymore, I'd still like to add my 2 cents on your reply.

No weapon under ★7 has any potential, so to say that these non-rare weapons can match rare ones just on ATK alone is not quite true.

Crafting 6* and below weapons is perfect for getting a class to level 40 though.

Dephinix
Jul 30, 2015, 01:46 PM
Crafting 6* and below weapons is perfect for getting a class to level 40 though.

Or craft some 7-9* and be done for life... Gungnata anyone?

the_importer_
Jul 30, 2015, 01:59 PM
Or craft some 7-9* and be done for life... Gungnata anyone?

True. Honestly, I don't even know why you can craft non-rare weapons. If crafting would have come out when the game launched, I could have understood why you can, but they started back in January 2014 and you could craft all weapons up to ★11. Mind you, it wasn't worth crafting ★10 and ★11 weapons back then, but it is now.

RadiantLegend
Jul 30, 2015, 02:17 PM

Silly 1* sword can match the satk of some 11* weapons.
Context my friend...

the_importer_
Jul 30, 2015, 02:52 PM
Context my friend...

Really, that's what you're going with?

Why even waste cash on crafting these things? I've played with ★7~★9 Rods at +10 from Normal to VHard, these difficulty levels are easy enough that you don't need more if you raise your Mag properly and get early access to Lv10 discs (for Normal) which sell for 1K a piece.

SHard is when shit starts to get real and you need better gear.

starwind75043
Jul 30, 2015, 05:23 PM
crafting 11*sweapons is really only good in my mind for getting a weapon that has good potential available for your build beyond that i would not do it.

your going have to get it to ex8 and above for the craft to payoff.

but if your not going to craft still do the daily craft cause you can sell the pa fragments you get from it to east make some money there.

Armor crafting is worth it so you can get the specialty crafts (hp,pp,attribute)