PDA

View Full Version : Unable to log in, have I missed something?

Saiyan Ruuku
Aug 1, 2015, 10:41 AM
Hey guys, new member here with a bit of a problem, so I apologise if anything like this has already been posted previously.

I'm very new to the game as I've just downloaded and installed it today, I've created my account but I'm unable to log in and both servers say they are down for maintenance, which I find a bit odd due to noticing that they shouldn't be down today.

If it has anything to do with the version I'm using, then I have absolutely no idea.

This is where I downloaded it from:
pso2.playpark.com/en

I can tell you that it is the English version (apparently), and I live in England.

Any help would be much appreciated, thank you :)

ShinMegamiSensei
Aug 1, 2015, 10:42 AM
IP block. Only those within SEA region can play that without VPN.

Anduril
Aug 1, 2015, 10:43 AM
The SEA version of the game has a region block that prevents anyone outside the SEA region to play on the servers. Mostly everyone here plays the Japanese version of the game.

Saiyan Ruuku
Aug 1, 2015, 10:43 AM
Ah I see, due to being new to this is there a way I can still play the English version?
I don't fancy playing in Japanese.

Anduril
Aug 1, 2015, 10:45 AM
Ah I see, due to being new to this is there a way I can still play the English version?
I don't fancy playing in Japanese.
The Japanese version has English patches. Not everything is translated, but most of the important stuff is. But if you insist on playing the SEA version, you should research into finding a VPN that will let you connect to it.

Saiyan Ruuku
Aug 1, 2015, 10:52 AM
The Japanese version has English patches. Not everything is translated, but most of the important stuff is. But if you insist on playing the SEA version, you should research into finding a VPN that will let you connect to it.

Appreciate the info, I'm about to try a VPN to try and get this version to work since it took since yesterday to get it downloaded and installed.
I've heard that using a VPN can lead to FPS drops?
So if that's the case, can someone point me in the direction of the JP version please? :)

Anduril
Aug 1, 2015, 10:56 AM
Appreciate the info, I'm about to try a VPN to try and get this version to work since it took since yesterday to get it downloaded and installed.
I've heard that using a VPN can lead to FPS drops?
So if that's the case, can someone point me in the direction of the JP version please? :)
English installer (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221667&highlight=english+installer). Original Japanese Installer. (http://pso2.jp/players/download/)
Tweaker (essentially an English launcher that automates the patching process; you can also install the game through it if you don't want to use the above installer) (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207248).
Registration guide (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210236).
A good general resource for the game, including when it goes down for maintenance (http://www.bumped.org/psublog/).

Saiyan Ruuku
Aug 1, 2015, 11:08 AM
That isn't confusing at all.. xD
Out of the things you posted there I just grabbed the English installer, do I need any of the others?

Anduril
Aug 1, 2015, 11:14 AM
That isn't confusing at all.. xD
Out of the things you posted there I just grabbed the English installer, do I need any of the others?
The Tweaker is what a lot of people use to patch their game. Through it you can install the basic English patch and Large patch without having to do them manually, and it is the only way to get the Story and Item patches. Once you have it set up, it's rather intuitive, though it does have some quirks.
You'll have to check the registration guide if you want to register for the game.
And the bumped blog is just a good general resource of information on the game.

Saiyan Ruuku
Aug 1, 2015, 11:24 AM
The Tweaker is what a lot of people use to patch their game. Through it you can install the basic English patch and Large patch without having to do them manually, and it is the only way to get the Story and Item patches. Once you have it set up, it's rather intuitive, though it does have some quirks.
You'll have to check the registration guide if you want to register for the game.
And the bumped blog is just a good general resource of information on the game.

Thank you :)

landman
Aug 1, 2015, 01:05 PM
Go directly for the tweaker and install/download the game using the tweaker, if four links are confusing to you you will need to do more steps in order to check the previous installation with the tweaker. AND that installer is most provably outdated, you will have to download again with the tweaker. You only need the tweaker and an account.

Anduril
Aug 1, 2015, 01:14 PM
Go directly for the tweaker and install/download the game using the tweaker, if four links are confusing to you you will need to do more steps in order to check the previous installation with the tweaker. AND that installer is most provably outdated, you will have to download again with the tweaker. You only need the tweaker and an account.
Actually, the English installer is still pretty up to date (compared to installing from the JP installer, at least). I reinstalled using it like a month ago, and I didn't have to download too many new files afterward. The couple of times I've installed via the tweaker, it took a really long time (in one case it took about 18 hours), but that does seem to vary by person.

Saiyan Ruuku
Aug 1, 2015, 01:24 PM
I downloaded the Tweaker and tried to install it that way, the first time I opened it, it asked me if I would like to install the game due to not already having it, I chose yes, something happened whilst it was doing so and I had to restart the whole process and I made sure I deleted all the files to do with it (that I know of).
Now it isn't giving me the opition to install the game any more and I'm on the verge of giving up haha.
I don't want to torrent the English installer as my internet isn't the best and my torrents tend to have their up points and down points, mainly down.

Help?

EDIT:
I think I MAY have found how to reinstall the files.
Still, in case I haven't, still asking for help haha.
As you can see I have the worst luck.

Anduril
Aug 1, 2015, 01:25 PM
I downloaded the Tweaker and tried to install it that way, the first time I opened it, it asked me if I would like to install the game due to not already having it, I chose yes, something happened whilst it was doing so and I had to restart the whole process and I made sure I deleted all the files to do with it (that I know of).
Now it isn't giving me the opition to install the game any more and I'm on the verge of giving up haha.
I don't want to torrent the English installer as my internet isn't the best and my torrents tend to have their up points and down points, mainly down.

Help?
Hit the orb, go to "Other Tasks," and you should see "Install Phantasy Star Online 2" there.

Saiyan Ruuku
Aug 1, 2015, 01:29 PM
Hit the orb, go to "Other Tasks," and you should see "Install Phantasy Star Online 2" there.

I'm ashamed at myself for not having noticed that..
Thank you ^^;