PDA

View Full Version : Auto Sheathe / Manual sheathe Option

MightyHarken
Aug 1, 2015, 03:11 PM
I'm curious, has anyone ever proposed this to SEGA?. whenever I party with a partner I see them running at the same speed as me but holding their weapon. I just think it would be nice to have this option added. If not, is there something like a fan made skin that can make my character look like it's holding his weapon all the time?

wefwq
Aug 1, 2015, 11:53 PM
NPC partner are exception in this case, they're keep the max movement speed during the run to keep up with the party leader player this to prevent them get left behind.

I believe there's no "mod" to make your character holding their weapon all the time.

Zorafim
Aug 4, 2015, 02:49 PM
Which is a shame. I always liked having my weapons out, and often prefer the weaponed look over empty handed running.

HardLight620
Aug 4, 2015, 08:32 PM
I've been looking into this a bit for VR purposes as the weapon strafe-walking animation works better than unarmed strafewalking in first person mode. From what I've discovered so far, it is possible to force your character into the unsheathed state, but doing so also causes your character to run slower. I'm not keen on the idea of allowing you to manually sheathe/unsheathe your weapon as that would bypass the part of the game mechanics where you take a speed penalty for drawing your weapon.

Instead I've been looking into replacing the animations of the sheathed state itself. It's possible to change the playback speed of animations, so it may be possible to have your character running at full speed and still animate properly in the unsheathed stance. I'll post an update after I have had a chance to look further into it.

wefwq
Aug 4, 2015, 09:26 PM
Which is a shame. I always liked having my weapons out, and often prefer the weaponed look over empty handed running.
Me too, because it looks cool and remind me of older PS game on how my character always running around with weapon at hand.

Zorafim
Aug 5, 2015, 03:10 PM
Me too, because it looks cool and remind me of older PS game on how my character always running around with weapon at hand.

My instinctual response is "I don't remember a time where you run with your weapons drawn in the genesis games".

A few of the weapon drawn run animations from PSO were downright silly (I'm thinking mostly Sword here. You'd topple over running like that, even with super strength!), but most were at worst acceptable. Then come PSU, most were downright cool (lance needed some work). In this game, the run animations are the most detailed and stylized they've ever been... and we can't see them.
Though Sega's design decisions always end up with those kinds of holes.