PDA

View Full Version : Something unimportant that I need opinions on

kurokyosuke
Aug 2, 2015, 10:06 PM
I just picked up Griffon's ★13 Wand, unidentified. I'm currently trying to decide what element to go with. Part of me wants to go with standard light element, but another part wants to go with the theme of the weapon and go with thunder or wind (more likely thunder). Of course, I'll be using it as a Wand Lovers weapon, but my Techter isn't exactly a class I take seriously, as fun as bashing things with a mace all day is. Any thoughts on element choice? I currently carry five +40 Traitor Cages (fire, ice, thunder, light, dark), and I use either TeHu or TeBr depending on the quest, if this changes anything about anyone's opinion. And again, I'm rather casual as Techter, though I still try to make sure I'm not pulling any parties down.

GoldenFalcon
Aug 2, 2015, 10:07 PM
Sounds like you're missing Wind. Get Wind?

kurokyosuke
Aug 2, 2015, 10:11 PM
I originally ignored wind on purpose since there isn't a single enemy that's weak to JUST wind. I may consider it. Any other opinions?

Mega Ultra Chicken
Aug 2, 2015, 10:14 PM
Go with what you need most. If you're missing a viable Wand for Fire, Ice, Lightning, Light, or Dark, go with whatever you're missing. If not, then Light is recommended because most EQ bosses are weak to that. And Anga.

GoldenFalcon
Aug 2, 2015, 10:14 PM
I originally ignored wind on purpose since there isn't a single enemy that's weak to JUST wind. I may consider it. Any other opinions?

Yes there is. Rare forest banthers.

...That might be it, though.

kurokyosuke
Aug 2, 2015, 10:18 PM
Go with what you need most. If you're missing a viable Wand for Fire, Ice, Lightning, Light, or Dark, go with whatever you're missing. If not, then Light is recommended because most EQ bosses are weak to that. And Anga.

Traitor Cage is already pretty viable, isn't it? There aren't too many buyable wands that are actually better than it, from what I can see.

Yes there is. Rare forest banthers.

...That might be it, though.

Specifically Banther Onga only, it seems. (just looked it up)

ZynischQ
Aug 2, 2015, 10:25 PM
Traitor Cage is perfectly fine for casual wand whacking. If you wanted to pursue it more seriously you could invest time (and loooooots of meseta and 12* passes) to get a set of Summit Moons.

As for the gryphon wand, I'd recommend putting it as lightning, as amduscia ult is somewhere in the works and ult dragonkin will most likely be weak to lightning.

kurokyosuke
Aug 2, 2015, 10:30 PM
Traitor Cage is perfectly fine for casual wand whacking. If you wanted to pursue it more seriously you could invest time (and loooooots of meseta and 12* passes) to get a set of Summit Moons.

As for the gryphon wand, I'd recommend putting it as lightning, as amduscia ult is somewhere in the works and ult dragonkin will most likely be weak to lightning.

I don't know how often I'd go down to Ultimate as a Techter, but that's a pretty good point. Currently leaning towards thunder. Any other opinions?

Shinmarizu
Aug 3, 2015, 03:05 AM
Personally I'd go with Light, since the majority of bosses we'll be killing will be weak to light. But you go with what you feel you need. Thunder is a pretty good idea in anticipation of Ult Amuduscia, as previously mentioned.

Congrats on the wand; I wish I had that.

Chdata
Aug 3, 2015, 07:50 AM
I went with light cause I already have an (unused) FoTe lightning tree.

And darker mobbing.

Hrith
Aug 3, 2015, 10:00 AM
The new area will have monsters weak to dark.