PDA

View Full Version : Best way to go about CM?

Squal_FFVIII
Aug 3, 2015, 03:55 AM
I've never done a CM quest before so I have no idea what they are like or what needs to be done to complete one efficiently.

What would be the best way for me to go on about playing one? I don't wanna just join some random MPA and not know what i'm doing. I understand that there's a CM boost coming soon so I will like to "get to now" these CM quest so I can get ready for the boost.

elryan
Aug 3, 2015, 04:07 AM
Join some random MPA and learn.

How would you expect to be ready for the CM boost week if you don't actually go in and experience it beforehand?

Simply reading guides / watching videos don't do justice.

landman
Aug 3, 2015, 04:42 AM
If only there was a gameplay, guides and walkthroughs subforum with tons of information and opinions from many players...

TaigaUC
Aug 3, 2015, 05:12 AM
If only the gameplay, guides and walkthroughs subforum wasn't a mess of 1000+ page threads buried among outdated stuff and weirdos who make new threads entitled "GUIDE" to ask simple questions.

More stickies would help. Or subforums pertaining to classes, modes, etc.

Chdata
Aug 3, 2015, 07:47 AM
Join some random MPA and learn.

How would you expect to be ready for the CM boost week if you don't actually go in and experience it beforehand?

Simply reading guides / watching videos don't do justice.

nope it does help

Gama
Aug 3, 2015, 10:34 AM
If only the gameplay, guides and walkthroughs subforum wasn't a mess of 1000+ page threads buried among outdated stuff and weirdos who make new threads entitled "GUIDE" to ask simple questions.

More stickies would help. Or subforums pertaining to classes, modes, etc.

this...

Hysteria1987
Aug 4, 2015, 12:50 AM
There's a cmode boost week? Do want.

In any case, a few advice pointers for the OP's first run-

* don't pick up the green time capsules. Odds are the MPA will have a designated person who goes around collecting them when the time bar's empty enough, while everyone else goes on a murder spree.
* results may vary, but I've always found RA easiest to play- you don't need to get too close to the nasty stuff, and you get One Point real quick. The trade off is, you aren't going to be the strongest one there.
* pick up every item you can, even if you're not going to use it. Every now and so often you'll hit a cmode shop where you can trade them for stuff you *will* use. Exceptions being, of course, items people explicitly drop for others, you shouldn't pick them up. They sparkle whereas regular drops don't, so you can tell them apart.

wefwq
Aug 4, 2015, 01:15 AM
There's a cmode boost week? Do want.

In any case, a few advice pointers for the OP's first run-

* don't pick up the green time capsules. Odds are the MPA will have a designated person who goes around collecting them when the time bar's empty enough, while everyone else goes on a murder spree.
* results may vary, but I've always found RA easiest to play- you don't need to get too close to the nasty stuff, and you get One Point real quick. The trade off is, you aren't going to be the strongest one there.
* pick up every item you can, even if you're not going to use it. Every now and so often you'll hit a cmode shop where you can trade them for stuff you *will* use. Exceptions being, of course, items people explicitly drop for others, you shouldn't pick them up. They sparkle whereas regular drops don't, so you can tell them apart.
You forgot few stuff:
- DO NOT be that "guy" who always hoard everything that the MPA drops on interval area
- Don't being too greedy and try drop few of stuff you don't use, if no one picking it up just pick it back
- In case that you can't trade because you don't have enough item to trade, you can always say it in chat and wait for the other to drop it for you but just you don't cry when on one does.
- DON'T FAIL THE LASER PART, if you can't jump the laser then just wait for someone to turn it off, seriously.

TehCubey
Aug 4, 2015, 05:44 AM
Prioritize not getting hit over dealing damage. People who can't kill enemies quickly slow the whole MPA down, BUT people who die a lot do it even more so.

In interval areas, buy items you will need - weapon, skill discs. For armor, I found that units work best actually - the s-def units in the first interval area and HP units in the second. PA discs are not a priority, you usually get what you need through drops during cmode. There are exceptions of course.

If you are left with leftover trash weapons or discs you don't need in the interval area, drop them on the ground. Don't hoard them, others might have use of them. Feel free to save grinders though.

Speaking of grinders - use them to buy challenge dolls. Challenge dolls are really good, especially when you still get the hang of cmode and get hit a lot.

As others pointed out, in the third and eight stage - if you don't feel confident with your laser-jumping ability, do not charge into the area with lasers. Let someone else do it and turn them off. Entering a laser summons a tranmizer which everyone has to beat to proceed further, wasting time.

Some of good weapons to use:
Assault rifle - might be a bit weak later on unless you find a rare one.
Wand - requires wand lovers and wand gear from the first interval shop, but very reliable if you get those.
Bullet bow - from stage 4 onwards.
Launcher - from stage 6 onwards (cluster bullet can be bought in the second interval shop or found, divine launcher can be found quite frequently)

Flaoc
Aug 4, 2015, 06:48 AM
Prioritize not getting hit over dealing damage. People who can't kill enemies quickly slow the whole MPA down, BUT people who die a lot do it even more so.

In interval areas, buy items you will need - weapon, skill discs. For armor, I found that units work best actually - the s-def units in the first interval area and HP units in the second. PA discs are not a priority, you usually get what you need through drops during cmode. There are exceptions of course.

If you are left with leftover trash weapons or discs you don't need in the interval area, drop them on the ground. Don't hoard them, others might have use of them. Feel free to save grinders though.

Speaking of grinders - use them to buy challenge dolls. Challenge dolls are really good, especially when you still get the hang of cmode and get hit a lot.

As others pointed out, in the third and eight stage - if you don't feel confident with your laser-jumping ability, do not charge into the area with lasers. Let someone else do it and turn them off. Entering a laser summons a tranmizer which everyone has to beat to proceed further, wasting time.

Some of good weapons to use:
Assault rifle - might be a bit weak later on unless you find a rare one.
Wand - requires wand lovers and wand gear from the first interval shop, but very reliable if you get those.
Bullet bow - from stage 4 onwards.
Launcher - from stage 6 onwards (cluster bullet can be bought in the second interval shop or found, divine launcher can be found quite frequently)

i wouldnt use a rifle past m5 but at m5 or before m5 one point and homing emission

Katana - as early as m3.. works the entire way through c mode use this for short hop gekka non ja (yes non ja.. its higher dps in c mode)

twin dagger - m3 its good for getting to the barbs then switching to a more powerful weapon m8 and beyond it will have symphonic drive (red daggers are a must)

dual blades - dont bother without heavenly kite (drops in m5) but if you have heavenly kite go in.. also heavenly kite is key to funji/ragne in m6 also dont buy the 12 item dual blades they are not worth it at either interval stick with rare drops and red/blue weps (dont get blue if u get traitors in m9 banther cage)

wand - probably the best weapon to get at the 1st interval due to strong melee and can cast techs just as well as rod/talis does require quite a few discs to properly use though and after m5 they start to lose their effectiveness

Vatallus
Aug 4, 2015, 07:06 AM
Wands are very viable at the first shop if you are a competent player and can free aim Foie to tag more than one enemy per shot. Plus the melee damage with wand lovers is also worth while.