PDA

View Full Version : Level-up Quests

Chdata
Aug 5, 2015, 08:25 AM
Wat do we think, and how do they compare to VHAQ?

Maenara
Aug 5, 2015, 08:32 AM
Turrible.

The current one is literally just an LQ from a few years ago. Nothing about it has changed, even the difficulties it supports.

Chdata
Aug 5, 2015, 08:44 AM
maybe if it was ocean of death

Poyonche
Aug 5, 2015, 08:45 AM
Actually, it doesn't support XH because it is a quest intended for the players level <70 in order to level up.

Maenara
Aug 5, 2015, 09:04 AM
maybe if it was ocean of death

Ocean of Death was based off of this LQ.

Actually, it doesn't support XH because it is a quest intended for the players level <70 in order to level up.

Actually, it doesn't support XH because XH didn't exist the last time the LQ was available. Sega chose this quest because it doesn't support XH so it's no extra work on their part.

Poyonche
Aug 5, 2015, 09:11 AM
Yeah that too.

Kondibon
Aug 5, 2015, 09:20 AM
If they keep making them LQs or EQs that had mobs from multiple areas it's possible these are meant to be for clearing a bunch of COs with one quest.

Vatallus
Aug 5, 2015, 09:21 AM
It would be a bit hard to beat the 100% exp boost on VHAQs and SH/XH AQs.

LonelyGaruga
Aug 5, 2015, 10:37 AM
I'd like to see a quest that tops 3m EXP in half an hour. Well, OK, maybe more like 40 minutes.

wefwq
Aug 5, 2015, 11:45 AM
It would be a bit hard to beat the 100% exp boost on VHAQs and SH/XH AQs.
Not everyone willing to organize a party to run few AQ, some of them just want a get go, instant quest.. so it's still pretty good for these kind of people.

LunaSolstice
Aug 5, 2015, 11:52 AM
Even in a full party of 4 with a 75% boost the exp still sucks lol Full party in there with a 75% boost basically gives the same amount that a solo AQ would.

Chdata
Aug 5, 2015, 12:06 PM
yep.

just give us ocean of death instead

pkemr4
Aug 5, 2015, 12:09 PM
should have just extended previous LQ. was so much better

Vintasticvin
Aug 5, 2015, 12:12 PM
/o/ I can't wait to get home so I can spam the life out of it like an endgame player sapping the freshness of a game then complain about it.

Kondibon
Aug 5, 2015, 12:20 PM
I don't know why anyone thinks this is meant for people who can do AQs anyway. >_>

reaper527
Aug 5, 2015, 01:44 PM
should have just extended previous LQ. was so much better

to be fair, the previous lq wasn't that great for exp by itself. of course, with the exp boost we had last week, that in turn made it great.

Vatallus
Aug 5, 2015, 01:54 PM
If this isn't meant for people that can run AQs then there is no point at all for this quest. With all the CO EXPs that new players can do they can reach lv 45 in no time. Then they could just ignore this quest and do VHAQs. Koffie throws 15k EXP COs at you like no tomorrow when you make a new character. Not to even mention Revelle and Hans had their low level COs buffed greatly. None of their COs are worth less than 5k exp. Not even the ones given to new players.

GoldenFalcon
Aug 5, 2015, 02:03 PM
If this isn't meant for people that can run AQs then there is no point at all for this quest. With all the CO EXPs that new players can do they can reach lv 45 in no time. Then they could just ignore this quest and do VHAQs. Koffie throws 15k EXP COs at you like no tomorrow when you make a new character. Not to even mention Revelle and Hans had their low level COs buffed greatly. None of their COs are worth less than 5k exp. Not even the ones given to new players.

Well, if a veteran is leveling a class below 40, they could definitely benefit from the new Level Up Quest system

also, VHAQ only requires 40 now

Vatallus
Aug 5, 2015, 02:37 PM
Well, if a veteran is leveling a class below 40, they could definitely benefit from the new Level Up Quest system

also, VHAQ only requires 40 now

I guess I missed that. Good to know though.

TaigaUC
Aug 5, 2015, 10:30 PM
As far as I can tell, the "level up" quest is super trash.
I did it once with +75% (and the inherent +50%). Solo, so no PT bonus.
Had a super long double/triple cross burst. Felt like it lasted longer than reaching the quest clear points.
Ended up with only around 300-400k exp, at level ~61. Bar moved maybe 30%?

Felt like we spent a lot of time just running around the map trying to get stuff to spawn.
That's the worst kind of shit to have in a "level up quest".

Aside from spamming bosses like Magatsu (and AQ which I hate and never do), the best EXP tends to come from those preset enemy spawn maps, where everything is boosted.
You'd think SEGA would f'n know that and at least give us something like that.
But noooo, copy paste some beach EQ from 3 years ago and BAM, done.

yoshiblue
Aug 5, 2015, 10:39 PM
May have been better to dig up Wind and Rain 1 again. At least that way people could do their +5 skill point COs without having to do a SH time attack for the Fang Banther.

wefwq
Aug 5, 2015, 11:10 PM
They should just use mothership EQ as levelup quest.

GoldenFalcon
Aug 5, 2015, 11:11 PM
They should just use mothership EQ as levelup quest.

this

I love that thing

[Ayumi]
Aug 5, 2015, 11:12 PM
Make a 4 party version of TD3.

1 base to protect that you can beat by yourself (and npcs if you need to).
With the same exp as TD3.

TaigaUC
Aug 5, 2015, 11:52 PM
They should just remove levels from the game. Bam, problem fixed.

[Ayumi]
Aug 5, 2015, 11:54 PM
They should just remove levels from the game. Bam, problem fixed.

Then the game would be as horrible as Monster Hunter.

wefwq
Aug 6, 2015, 12:11 AM
;3279807']Then the game would be as horrible as Monster Hunter.
shit taste

TaigaUC
Aug 6, 2015, 01:04 AM
Monster Hunter doesn't have levels? Didn't know that.

yoshiblue
Aug 6, 2015, 01:06 AM
Just hunter rank, which pretty much acts as your level.

KazukiQZ
Aug 6, 2015, 01:25 AM
May have been better to dig up Wind and Rain 1 again. At least that way people could do their +5 skill point COs without having to do a SH time attack for the Fang Banther.
Just VH TA Nab2 is needed, btw.

yoshiblue
Aug 6, 2015, 01:41 AM
Just VH TA Nab2 is needed, btw.

Ah, I stand corrected.

elryan
Aug 6, 2015, 02:17 AM
I would like to see a 12-man all-star rare boss rush arena.
Each and every of the bosses are Lv.3 infected and have Lv.2 titles.
Non-stop: causes the next bosses to be spawned right after the previous batch defeated.
Would be perfect for leveling up or simply for fun.

Wave 1: Rockbelt + Bantha Ong + Bantha Donna
Wave 2: Caterdraal + Burn Draal + Crys Draal
Wave 3: Gwanadha Nero + Dark Agrani + Persona 1
Wave 4: Dal Malri + Bantha Oran + Bantha Elena
Wave 5: Tranzexia + Vardha Embryo + Barbarillipan + Cougar NX ACE
Wave 6: King Vardha
Wave 7: Falz Arm + Alonagahda + Rigshrayda
Wave 8: Chrome Dragon + Zoron Goraal + Noire Draal
Wave 9: Org Keratos + Magi-Knight Gear + Magisa Meduna
Wave 10: Nove Mallidarl + Nove Ringadarl + Dark Ricenze Yuga
Wave 11: Cassado Badool + Malduzareed + Facility-style Bal Dominus
Wave 12: Gunne Ginna-gam + Agata Zigmorinde + Baretta Idetta
Wave 13: Persona 2 + Apprentice + Falz Hunar + Falz Angel + Falz Double
Wave 14: Bergaribruisa + Ignitiogles + Vomos Brodothys
Wave 15: Epsilon Guranz + Leone Falozzo + Leopard Vlozzo
Wave 16: Anga Fundarge + Gryphon Gels + Tagami Kazuchi

Then if all waves are cleared, teleporters will appear to encore stages:
Encore 1: Falz Elder
Encore 2: Apos Dorios
Encore 3: Falz Loser
Encore 4: Magatsu 1
Encore 5: Magatsu Sai

The Walrus
Aug 6, 2015, 02:20 AM
They should just make TTF quests where you fight bosses with HP designed for at least 12 people in a quest where you can only have 4 people :D

obviously bosses would give massively inflated exp cause lol ttf

Hysteria1987
Aug 6, 2015, 02:27 AM
Hey everyone, nice to meet you, I'm that one guy that actually likes this quest :o

I don't really care about the exp, which defeats the purpose, sure- it's pure nostalgia value for me. When I came back to the game this LQ was on, and I did a good chunk of learning and levelling here. It was my favourite quest back then.

Did a round or two last night, and I had fun.

wefwq
Aug 6, 2015, 02:28 AM
I'd rather have them make some quest where you are being thrown on a relatively small room and have to kill as much enemy as possible before time runs out, but it'll never happen since that means defeating PSE burst purpose.

yoshiblue
Aug 6, 2015, 09:23 AM
I'd rather have them make some quest where you are being thrown on a relatively small room and have to kill as much enemy as possible before time runs out, but it'll never happen since that means defeating PSE burst purpose.

They should just make TTF quests where you fight bosses with HP designed for at least 12 people in a quest where you can only have 4 people :D

Not totally impossible. They could make them challenge mode missions. One where you go in raw and the other where you have to kill as many mobs as possible, under a time limit, to level for the coming boss rush.

Chdata
Aug 6, 2015, 09:34 AM

I've always wanted TrueTypeFont™ quests.

TaigaUC
Aug 6, 2015, 11:04 AM
I wish they'd put in a boss battle mode. I love fighting bosses.

Maenara
Aug 6, 2015, 11:13 AM
I wish they would update XQs.

LunaSolstice
Aug 6, 2015, 12:57 PM
They should make a new AIS only quest,then I'd spam it to death because rockets are OP lol

Vintasticvin
Aug 6, 2015, 01:56 PM
Hey everyone, nice to meet you, I'm that one guy that actually likes this quest :o

I don't really care about the exp, which defeats the purpose, sure- it's pure nostalgia value for me. When I came back to the game this LQ was on, and I did a good chunk of learning and levelling here. It was my favourite quest back then.

Did a round or two last night, and I had fun.

HOW DAR YOU.....Hooooow DARE you say you had fun in this game! Kill this heretic!!!

Hysteria1987
Aug 6, 2015, 06:13 PM
I'M SORRY EVERYONE, I HAVE FAILED YOUUUUUU

Agastya
Aug 7, 2015, 01:26 AM
its ok, beats free field by a long shot if the rest of your cos are on cooldown and you have a friend spamming ilmegid for you

its really just there to help get from 25~40 and theres no eq up, for this purpose its useful, but hard mode is basically dead so of course spawns while soloing are going to suck

too bad atrocious ocean wasnt fun