PDA

View Full Version : Phantasy Star Online 2 Cast and Staff Listed

Manta Oyamada
Aug 6, 2015, 01:24 PM
A listing of the principal talents behind the upcoming Phantasy Star Online 2 anime making the rounds on Japanese blogs has Keiichiro Kawaguchi (OniAi, Mayo Chiki, the current Million Doll) directing the Telecom Animation Film production, scheduled to air on TBS, BS-TBS and other stations in 2016.

Mitsutaka Hirota (Prince of Tennis II) is listed on scripts and series composition with Minoko Takasu on character designs. Shouta Aoi, Ayaka Suwa and M・A・O voice the leads in an original story set on Earth's near future, inspired by Sega's MMORPG.

http://img1.ak.crunchyroll.com/i/spire1/ad3a3144ea6ad22854f1a7ac430217561438881973_full.jp g

source : http://otakomu.jp/archives/286687.html
source : http://www.crunchyroll.com

landman
Aug 6, 2015, 01:45 PM
Uuuh, Quna will be there too...

the_importer_
Aug 6, 2015, 01:54 PM
I hope all of the NPCs of PSO2 make it in there, they're the real stars of the game.

reaper527
Aug 6, 2015, 02:00 PM
that promo pic is pretty... not impressive visually. it looks like an early 2000's anime.

Dycize
Aug 6, 2015, 02:08 PM
Plot twist : the Quna here is just an imposter player (nah the injoke would be too much).
This animation studio doesn't ring any bells to me, and the director worked on harem/romcom stuff. And whatever genre Million Doll is supposed to be.
I guess the real world parts will be the focus >_> Or something.
If not for the promo pic, I'd expect a slice of life about PSO2 players.

Unnamed Player
Aug 6, 2015, 02:33 PM
Maybe i'm wrong but the main character looks like your typical shounen
protagonist... y'know the ones with a goofball personality. v.v

RadiantLegend
Aug 6, 2015, 03:33 PM
I approve of that cast parts.

Mega Ultra Chicken
Aug 6, 2015, 03:42 PM
For some reason, I'm thinking that the white-haired Deuman guy is played by that brown-haired girl. ...Or the blonde girl.

DrCatco
Aug 6, 2015, 04:17 PM
Hmmm, I don't know... It doesn't look good.

You have the human protagonist (hunter), a little bit clumsy, but always giving his best; the deuman antagonist (braver), a tormented genius with a dark past; the female Newman (force), very powerful but without experience and prone to make mistakes; and another female human (ranger), introvert, reserved, but her secret is...

And of course, the cast is the main enemy.

I hope I'm wrong.

Zanverse
Aug 6, 2015, 04:45 PM
You can't really judge something as a whole by just looking at some fuzzy teaser poster thing. I'm waiting for a trailer.

Nyansan
Aug 6, 2015, 04:56 PM
So, basically it's gonna be similar to PSO2 Onstage? Also, Shoutan is lead guy again. Quna(?) there so Eri Kitamura aswell, I think.

yoshiblue
Aug 6, 2015, 04:56 PM
I wonder if this will be one of those, "Get introduced, find out some other doods at your school do it too, fall in love with one of them," kind of animes?

wefwq
Aug 6, 2015, 08:58 PM
I wonder if this will be one of those, "Get introduced, find out some other doods at your school do it too, fall in love with one of them," kind of animes?
I don't really surprised if it's turned out to be fall on your knee and touch something squishy in the process on regular basis kind of show...

TaigaUC
Aug 6, 2015, 09:30 PM
Ugh. More school uniform stuff.
Makes me want to go back to PSO1 where everyone wasn't in high school.

Meteor Weapon
Aug 7, 2015, 03:41 AM
Typical stereotype looking protagonist, I'm disappointed and losing interest already

yoshiblue
Aug 7, 2015, 04:57 AM
I don't really surprised if it's turned out to be fall on your knee and touch something squishy in the process on regular basis kind of show...

"I got your power. Now I can save the world!"