PDA

View Full Version : Quick Automate/Iron Will poll

Mildora
Aug 6, 2015, 02:51 PM
If this has been made already feel free to lock thread but link old thread in doing so.

If you could only have 1 hunter tree which would you select?

Rayden
Aug 6, 2015, 02:51 PM
Iron Will for Limit Break Fighter. Automate for everything else.

Kondibon
Aug 6, 2015, 02:59 PM
Iron Will has it's uses, but automate is more reliable. Also, like Rayden said, Iron Will is good for Limit Break.

wefwq
Aug 6, 2015, 03:02 PM
Automate for me since i don't play ninja zero kamikaze class.

Dephinix
Aug 6, 2015, 03:06 PM
1 point in Iron Will, don't get hit, hit them lots, yay.

RadiantLegend
Aug 6, 2015, 03:21 PM
75% in Segac conversion is more like 25%. I'll go with automate.

Eternal255
Aug 6, 2015, 03:26 PM
Wow I'm surprised how many people pick automate over iron will. Probably none of them main fighter.

The Walrus
Aug 6, 2015, 03:27 PM
iron will because i'm unfortunate

also because i don't feel like buying another hunter tree

another fighter tree though...

Morgan Fumi
Aug 6, 2015, 04:55 PM
I use both of them, but if I had to choose one, it would be automate halfline.

I felt like a god after using a class reset pass and maxing it.

FireswordRus
Aug 6, 2015, 04:57 PM
I am use automate with Limit Break

Nyansan
Aug 6, 2015, 05:02 PM
No love for Massive Hunter? But between the two I'd pick Iron Will since even if I get hit during safety net period while LB, I have another lol. (Also, I have Quick Mate for my BR tree, which also uses same hunter tree I'm using so Automate kinda pointless for me)

Azure Falcon
Aug 6, 2015, 05:22 PM
Iron Will for a safety net against latency deaths during Limit Break, if I want HP back I'll just drop a Megiverse from Saika rather than spend all those skill points on Automate.

red1228
Aug 6, 2015, 05:43 PM
I have two trees. One with Iron Will, one with Automate.

I like Iron Will (well, Never Give Up actually) more, but the fact that it WILL fail regardless if the blue trigger happens or not in the air is just Sega/c Bullshit.

As others have said: Iron Will for Fighter's Limit Break. Automate for anything else.

GoldenFalcon
Aug 6, 2015, 06:01 PM
I have Iron Will since my mag already acts like an automate

Skyly
Aug 6, 2015, 06:09 PM
I just looked at my HU tree and realized I have 1 point in iron will so yeah. Also, does automate use the mate animation to heal or nah?

Charmeleon
Aug 6, 2015, 06:37 PM
I just looked at my HU tree and realized I have 1 point in iron will so yeah. Also, does automate use the mate animation to heal or nah?

It does not. It pretty much lets you tank through everything with autoheal. You'll rarely have to use mates if you have it. Easily the best defensive skill if you're not LBing.

That being said, I take Automate on all of my HU trees, even for FI/HU with LB. I generally only LB when I'm confident that I won't die (though I often die anyway), so I wouldn't get much use out of IW. I just have a point into it for the 30% proc rate.

Vatallus
Aug 6, 2015, 06:47 PM
I've have honestly never used automate. Not even once. Granted automate can save your life when you are stuck between a wall and a hard place.

Misaki Ki
Aug 6, 2015, 06:51 PM
If only one tree, Massive Otome. Iron Will isn't very reliable outside of Japan, and most of those deaths during LB that people tend to have are user error anyway. (Even still, a single point into it is fine. I think it's 30% for 1 SP.)

Enforcer MKV
Aug 6, 2015, 06:57 PM
Maxed Iron Will on Melphina. Proc rate for me feels like 95%. Love that damn skill so much.

Suck it, Nina. ;p

TehCubey
Aug 6, 2015, 06:58 PM
Iron Will, as I play LB Fi. I also tried Automate and didn't like it, but that was ages ago when I was far worse a player than I am now.

Vatallus
Aug 6, 2015, 07:00 PM
I should note this. I have a maxed iron will on my HU tree but I do not rely on it. That said there is a split second time period where anything can still kill you after Iron Will activates. This has been a known issue for awhile and still isn't fixed.

If a group of mobs are attacking you in succession, or a Decol is minigunning you down, and your Iron Will activates - You will probably die anyway.

Kondibon
Aug 6, 2015, 07:28 PM
Granted automate can save your life when you are stuck between a wall and a hard place.It's really meant to let you keep attacking without having to stop for mates. Look at all the hyper armor hunter weapons get. Or melee weapons in general.

TaigaUC
Aug 6, 2015, 08:04 PM
I like Iron Will + Limit Break. Particularly useful on Magatsu. Except that I dodge most of his attacks.
Haven't really tried Automate, but I expect it to not activate because of lag.

KazukiQZ
Aug 6, 2015, 08:07 PM
^If you're lagging, even Iron Will won't activate properly.

@topic
I have full Automate since EP3 starts, and it's easily the best survival tool from HU. And if I have spare point(s), it's either 1/10 into Iron Will, or 2/10 Iron Will and 1/5 Never Give Up. No more than that because not 100% means you can get dudu'ed! D:

doomdragon83
Aug 7, 2015, 02:32 AM
That said there is a split second time period where anything can still kill you after Iron Will activates. This has been a known issue for awhile and still isn't fixed.

If a group of mobs are attacking you in succession, or a Decol is minigunning you down, and your Iron Will activates - You will probably die anyway.
This is one reason why Automate is better between the two. The issue has been around from the start but not limited to IW, most if not all skills are affected by this.
You activate skill, skill first immediately goes to cooldown and then after/during the animation or after a slight bit of time in IW's case, you get skill applied. So if you were to use Massive Hunter, load up Weak Bullet, or use a stance for example and get hit with something that at least staggers you while you do it, you won't get the effect and you have to wait for the cooldown. Sega did "address" the issue....if you're a RA by making Massive Bullet so you can't get interrupted when loading special ammo (WB). So yeah, don't expect this issue to ever be fixed as it was likely an intentional feature.

ultimafia
Aug 7, 2015, 02:47 AM
I used to run Iron Will + Never Give Up and Warcry + Warbrave on my old Fi/ Hu tree, was fun.
Now I only have 1 point in Iron Will and the rest goes into S-Attack up.

wefwq
Aug 7, 2015, 02:51 AM
I should note this. I have a maxed iron will on my HU tree but I do not rely on it. That said there is a split second time period where anything can still kill you after Iron Will activates. This has been a known issue for awhile and still isn't fixed.

It's due to lag and latency i believe.

And there's rare occasion when the game are lagging so bad it'll will fail to trigger the skill, but already show the shield-like effect just like when the skill are supposed to be succesfully activated, but it isn't and you'll be left died on the floor instead.

Infinity Series
Aug 7, 2015, 02:52 AM
use both,

but i only spend 1 point on iron will

Mega Ultra Chicken
Aug 7, 2015, 06:24 AM
Automate's good for Bouncer since it supplements their healing. For other class combos, I can't stand it. Instead, I'd rather go with Flash Guard to just take less damage in general.

FantasyHeaven
Aug 7, 2015, 06:39 AM
Iron Will for Fighter, but automate is overall the most op skill in the game. Wish they would remove or nerf it so we'd have some semblance of difficulty in the game.

Vatallus
Aug 7, 2015, 06:45 AM
Iron Will for Fighter, but automate is overall the most op skill in the game. Wish they would remove or nerf it so we'd have some semblance of difficulty in the game.

I would say "just don't use it" but that depends if the person actually wants to learn to not rely on it or not. I've never used it once. When I first started my friends told me not to spec that because it is a crutch so I never have. I also don't rely on Iron Will, if I ever get to the point where my HP would have been low enough to proc automate or I proc Iron Will... then I've dun goofed up and need to work on my ability as a player.

Zorafim
Aug 7, 2015, 11:38 AM
PSU wasn't fun because you couldn't die. The game amounted to you mashing the PA button. If you got hit (easy to do, since there were no dodging mechanics, and you're stuck in a PA animation without any way to get out of an attack's way), all you had to do was press the -mate button and it's like it didn't happen. Even if you died, you just used a scape doll and kept going. So the optimal strategy was to run forward, PA everything, heal instantly as soon as you got hit, and repeat.

This game finally balanced out offense and defense. Among other things, you had to make sure you were safe before healing yourself. You couldn't just heal while pounding on the enemy like you could before. And so you had to hold back to heal.

Except automate throws that out the window. Now it's back to PA spamming. At least you can dodge now, that's still a step forward.

The Walrus
Aug 7, 2015, 11:43 AM
I wouldn't really say it balanced it out but it is an improvement over PSU.

dingophone
Aug 7, 2015, 11:48 AM
Iron Will with TD is fun, you have to care about your HP a lot less that way!

Zorafim
Aug 7, 2015, 11:49 AM
Well, okay. Things die too quickly to hit you. And if there's more than one person on a boss, it's easy to keep damage on it without threat of countattack. But at least you can attack something without being guaranteed to be hit by it immediately after it.
Actually, I shouldn't give this game credit for having better gameplay design than PSU. That's not an accomplishment.

Rayden
Aug 7, 2015, 11:54 AM
I would say "just don't use it" but that depends if the person actually wants to learn to not rely on it or not. I've never used it once. When I first started my friends told me not to spec that because it is a crutch so I never have. I also don't rely on Iron Will, if I ever get to the point where my HP would have been low enough to proc automate or I proc Iron Will... then I've dun goofed up and need to work on my ability as a player.

I'll never understand people who say this about Automate. People treat it like it's purely a defensive skill and just a crutch, and that you can and should learn to play without it, and that you can then spend the skill points elsewhere without losing anything. But that's not the case. Automate (as well as Massive Hunter) is more of an offensive skill, which allows you to play more aggressively and keep up your DPS without having to waste time blocking, dodging, or healing manually. If you don't have Automate, then "playing well" means blocking and dodging, which naturally wastes time and is time that you aren't dealing damage.

Z-0
Aug 7, 2015, 12:03 PM
Both Iron Will/NGU and Automate/Massive are great DPS options when there's nothing better to get on the HU tree (so... Gears and Fury Stance). I personally feel that Automate combo is much better than the Iron Will combo since it's guaranteed, albeit on a cooldown, but Iron Will combo is better for Limit Breaking since naturally, Automate dun werk.

Unless you seriously lag, Automate is completely fine.

Chdata
Aug 7, 2015, 12:20 PM
I have two skill trees, one that I want to use for HU as a main class, the other as subclasses for other things.

Hu main is best with automate.
Fi main needs iron will but with HU as subclass.
HU as a subclass benefits every other class more with automate than iron will.

I only have 2 hu trees.

doshio...

Zorafim
Aug 7, 2015, 12:42 PM
Automate (as well as Massive Hunter) is more of an offensive skill, which allows you to play more aggressively and keep up your DPS without having to waste time blocking, dodging, or healing manually.

All combat is a balance between offense and defense. In a real fight, you want to negate all damage to you (where options like talking the opponent down or running away are the most valuable skills you can have), while in games it's killing enemies as quickly as possible while not dying. In situations where death is no threat whatsoever (say, MPAs), you want skills that will quickly do damage. While in situations where death is a real threat (are Falz fights still threatening?), any skill which keeps you alive will allow you to utilize your attacks more.
When I played, I loved soloing bosses. But they could often kill me in seconds. Since my fight was useless when I was dead, I got Iron Will (no option for automate back then, you whippersnappers), and that made a huge difference.

So basically, it's situational. If you spend half your time attacking and half your time on the defensive (or dead), then getting rid of needing defense period (which I assume automate does) doubles your damage. If you spend none of your time on the defensive, then automate will do nothing for you.
Of course when you can oneshot everything anyway, why not have more defense instead?

Chdata
Aug 7, 2015, 12:56 PM
falz is not threatening at all

I never die solo as brhu (counter attack) or fote (farcasting)

GoldenFalcon
Aug 7, 2015, 02:56 PM
At least you can dodge now, that's still a step forward.

I giggled at this

Edit: Also, Massive Hunter feels wasted as a Br/Hu, since my counterattacks almost do as much damage as Sakura End

elryan
Aug 7, 2015, 03:06 PM
automate is overall the most op skill in the game. Wish they would remove or nerf it so we'd have some semblance of difficulty in the game.

Hahahahahaha what

Photon Blade Fever is the most OP skill in the game. It allows you to volley insane amount of damage from a distance without pausing. Scratch that. Weak Bullet is easily the most OP.

You see, automate is not a survival skill. It's a DPS skill. It allows you to shrug off hits that won't kill you but shave your HP little by little. So instead of attacking then needing to stop to run to positions far from the enemy to heal once every while, you can just focus dealing damage and avoiding / blocking attacks that actually can kill you.

Attacks that can kill you, for example Falz Angel giant lazer beam, Vol Dragon fireball, Dragon Ex Over End, etc. WILL kill you even if you have automate maxed.

Automate is not op. Automate is op if it actually heals you when receiving hits that kills you. But it's not. So It's not op.

[Ayumi]
Aug 7, 2015, 04:39 PM
I like Iron Will as it saves me almost all of the time.

hoangsea
Aug 7, 2015, 05:57 PM
no, better add to other skill :-?
iron will only worth 1sp
auto mate is a NO NO, use your mag instead

ArcaneTechs
Aug 7, 2015, 07:50 PM
Automate, the ultimate crutch in game

Kondibon
Aug 7, 2015, 08:06 PM
no, better add to other skill :-?
iron will only worth 1sp
auto mate is a NO NO, use your mag insteadAutomate doesn't have a cooldown. If you try to use your mag like automate you'll just get yourself killed.

Automate, the ultimate crutch in game
http://i.imgur.com/LP2932F.gif

GoldenFalcon
Aug 7, 2015, 08:10 PM
Automate doesn't have a cooldown. If you try to use your mag like automate you'll just get yourself killed.

To be fair, there's not much reason to not have 7 HP recovery B's on a mag

LonelyGaruga
Aug 7, 2015, 10:45 PM
PP restoration abilities.

LunaSolstice
Aug 7, 2015, 11:00 PM
To be fair, there's not much reason to not have 7 HP recovery B's on a mag

20 second invincibility is OP so that's one reason. Lost count of how many times that has procced at the right moments when I needed it.

Kondibon
Aug 7, 2015, 11:06 PM
PP restoration abilities.
Serious question. Which of the pp restoring abilities are actually worth using anyway? Aren't most of them like, for changing maps or whatever?

saraishadow
Aug 7, 2015, 11:30 PM
Automate is a godsend against quartz rain if you can't get out of it.

wefwq
Aug 8, 2015, 12:01 AM
Too bad you still get killed for good if the game lagging out of nowhere.

ultimafia
Aug 8, 2015, 12:45 AM

If you got caught in it you deserved to die.

xBM
Aug 8, 2015, 01:26 AM
Personally, I would prefer getting Iron Will than Automate Halfline mainly because healing automatically when your HP reaches a certain threshold takes away the fun from the game, at least for me.

I also play Fi/Hu so I took Iron Will.

[Ayumi]
Aug 8, 2015, 01:31 AM
If you got caught in it you deserved to die.

Not to sound mean, but I somewhat agree.
Seen too many people would see Quartz either not moving, or charging something.

Don't care if it's the darts or the rain. If you see Quartz about to do something, move your ass.
It's bad that it gets to that point that I just start mashing the Moon buttons as I know they're about to die because of their idiocy.