PDA

View Full Version : The Most Useful Thing a Friend Partner Can Do?

FeartheGreat
Aug 7, 2015, 02:10 AM
A friend of mine is going away soon so, she wants to set up her Friend Partner to be at it's most useful while she is away. We were thinking maybe a Te/Ra hybrid that can WB/Resta/Zanverse/Megiverse/Shifta/Deband or maybe a Te/Fo without WB that only spams Resta or Megiverse with Shifta/Deband? As you can imagine we are going for a Full Support Friend Partner with little to no attacks and focuses on Healing/Buffing. If anyone has any other good ideas for a Full Support Friend Partner then by all means do share.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Aug 7, 2015, 02:37 AM
Zanverse, star atomizers, stun.

Dammy
Aug 7, 2015, 02:43 AM
1) megiverse spam bot
2) zondeel spam bot (actually it can be useful)

deband cut/ toughness/ shifta strike are good
dont forget to add anti somewhere and remove stars/sols ! so you get super treatment
i wouldnt recommend resta or zanverse because it draws aggro to FP

for WB you can get any RA npc, but megiverse or zondeel spam is unique

FeartheGreat
Aug 7, 2015, 02:44 AM
Zanverse, star atomizers, stun.

Stun? How would I make them go about stunning? They can't use stun grenades as far as I know. Is there another way?

Dammy
Aug 7, 2015, 02:49 AM
btw, /FO sub is useless for support style FP , they dont attack and have infinite PP anyway
better make tank /HU or support /BO

dont listen to guy above, star atomizer on TE is bad idea

FeartheGreat
Aug 7, 2015, 02:55 AM
1) megiverse spam bot
2) zondeel spam bot (actually it can be useful)

deband cut/ toughness/ shifta strike are good
dont forget to add anti somewhere and remove stars/sols ! so you get super treatment

for WB you can get any RA npc, but megiverse or zondeel spam is unique

Good to know. I have read that Zondeel can get annoying on FPs but for a Zondeel only FP I can see how it can be useful. Te/Fo would work better for a Full Support FP so it basically boils down to if she wants to heal or Zondeel everything. Thanks for the advice.

wefwq
Aug 7, 2015, 02:56 AM
Te friend partner are the best partner

FeartheGreat
Aug 7, 2015, 02:59 AM
btw, /FO sub is useless for support style FP , they dont attack and have infinite PP anyway
better make tank /HU or support /BO

Ah you're right. Fo would be useless because she wouldn't be attacking. Better to make her a Hu then since she would last way longer. Thanks again for the advice.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Aug 7, 2015, 04:26 AM
Stun? How would I make them go about stunning? They can't use stun grenades as far as I know. Is there another way?

Sorry was thinking of my own FP. Mine spams fudou.

Zanverse is effectively +20% extra damage for players that attack while in it, which for some reason, no one bothers to mention aside from me.

Star atomizers are used more frequently by FPs, even while in combat. FPs tend to be far more conservative with resta use (mostly casted when there are no enemies left). No one denies megiverses uses, though that would require more coordination with your... AI partners...

Zanverse is 20% of the damage dealt. It's mathematically impossible for the FP to pull aggro from the person who dealt the original damage from just using zanverse. Are you even thinking? :/

Scale of Judgment
Aug 7, 2015, 04:54 AM
Is it me or some Force/Techer pc get the Techer bonus for buffing shifta/deband?

FeartheGreat
Aug 7, 2015, 05:52 AM
Sorry was thinking of my own FP. Mine spams fudou.

Zanverse is effectively +20% extra damage for players that attack while in it, which for some reason, no one bothers to mention aside from me.

Star atomizers are used more frequently by FPs, even while in combat. FPs tend to be far more conservative with resta use (mostly casted when there are no enemies left). No one denies megiverses uses, though that would require more coordination with your... AI partners...

Zanverse is 20% of the damage dealt. It's mathematically impossible for the FP to pull aggro from the person who dealt the original damage from just using zanverse. Are you even thinking? :/

What you say is true about the Star Atomizers. I have noticed that FPs tend to spam them A LOT. Especially if you set them to Tsundere. It would eliminate the need for Resta/Megiverse most likely, leaving room for more Zondeel spam. Also 20% attack boost? Wow, I think I'll have to add Zanverse in there after all. A Star Atomizer spamming FP with Zondeel/Zanverse and Shifta Strike/Deband Cut would definetly make for a very useful FP indeed.

Perfect Chaos
Aug 7, 2015, 08:54 AM
Most of the time, I opt to not bring any Friend Partners with Zondeel since it can get in the way. It's especially annoying when you go for a Vinto Gigue on a mini-boss only for the FP to pull it away right before you kick.
I mostly play classes that can cast, though, so I have my own Zondeel that I can control. For non-casters, a Zondeel FP could be useful. It's common curtest to state in your FP's description that it has Zondeel if you think someone else would use it without knowing.

kuromechan
Aug 7, 2015, 12:08 PM
A shield for bosses :L

LunaSolstice
Aug 7, 2015, 12:35 PM
Zondeel zondeel zondeel zondeel and zondeel lol

I love bringing FPs that spam it,Nagrants is also good too,aside from megiverse and resta which were stated already.

FeartheGreat
Aug 7, 2015, 10:39 PM
Most of the time, I opt to not bring any Friend Partners with Zondeel since it can get in the way. It's especially annoying when you go for a Vinto Gigue on a mini-boss only for the FP to pull it away right before you kick.
I mostly play classes that can cast, though, so I have my own Zondeel that I can control. For non-casters, a Zondeel FP could be useful. It's common curtest to state in your FP's description that it has Zondeel if you think someone else would use it without knowing.

Of course we plan on describing what her FP is capable of. Have no fear. But thanks for that input. Zondeel spam will most likely be the call of the day. Though Zanverse will also be nice to have.

FeartheGreat
Aug 7, 2015, 10:41 PM
Zondeel zondeel zondeel zondeel and zondeel lol

I love bringing FPs that spam it,Nagrants is also good too,aside from megiverse and resta which were stated already.

Well the whole point of this FP is to have 0 attacks and only support spamming. So Nagrants won't be apart of the lineup. Zondeel will definitely be there though. I plan on putting Zanverse in as well.

TaigaUC
Aug 8, 2015, 06:26 AM
I wrote a guide on Friend Partners if you haven't already seen it.

Mine are all Il Foie + support right now.
They hit very hard.

FeartheGreat
Aug 8, 2015, 03:25 PM
I wrote a guide on Friend Partners if you haven't already seen it.

Mine are all Il Foie + support right now.
They hit very hard.

Oh? I have heard that FPs are able to spam Ilfoie because they can bypass the charge time. Do you mind sending the link?

Rakurai
Aug 8, 2015, 03:53 PM
They can't do that anymore.

They patched it ages ago.

untrustful
Aug 8, 2015, 04:08 PM
SEGA patches fun too.

GuardianGirth
Aug 8, 2015, 04:09 PM
Illfoie is still the best DPS for any FP not using Zanverse on you.

I have a TE/FO set mainly for the shifta/deband bonuses but with the recent FP update, ive seen my Visionary bot hit for over 21-24k consistently with it.

Kondibon
Aug 8, 2015, 04:13 PM
Well the whole point of this FP is to have 0 attacks and only support spamming. So Nagrants won't be apart of the lineup.Nagrants staggers most mobs to the point that they can't do anything. So I would assume that's the reason.

Zondeel zondeel zondeel zondeel and zondeel lolAs a gunner: No please. ; A;

starwind75043
Aug 8, 2015, 06:38 PM
XD Be a distraction when you mess up positioning on boss lol

TaigaUC
Aug 8, 2015, 10:20 PM
The link is in my sig, it says "Friend Bots". Because not enough space to write "Partners".

FeartheGreat
Aug 9, 2015, 05:30 AM
Heh, man who knew that making a good FP could be so complicated. I realize that making an all in one FP is basically impossible. I was so sure Zondeel spam would be good but I guess it's not so great for a lot of people. One thing I have definitely learned though is that it needs to be TE main 100%. Thanks everyone for the input so far it has all been very helpful. Also thank you TaigaUC for the guide. We have decided that we will stick to 0 attacks. We did a little field testing and we like the fact that Hu's war cry can distract bosses. Zondeel will be taken out and replaced with Zanverse and Megiverse Spam. Resta and Anti with Super Treatment. Star Atomizers (maybe Sol Atomizers too). We don't really want to add attacks as they would only come out weaker than with a Te/Fo so might as well go all out support. Our char is still in the leveling phase but it is looking good so far. Feedback will still be appreciated.

Hrith
Aug 9, 2015, 08:18 AM
TE/BO:
Megiverse >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Anti or Sol Atomisers (Super treatment) > Deband (Deband Cut, Deband Toughness, Deband PP Restorate) > Resta > an attack technique with a high ailment proc rate (preferably burn or shock).

Nothing beats that, really. Try mine if you will.

Vatallus
Aug 9, 2015, 10:42 AM
I actually extremely dislike bots that spam zondeel. It causes more problems vs when it actually helps. That said bots that spam megiverse or buffs are great in my book.

TaigaUC
Aug 9, 2015, 11:28 AM
When my bots were Te/Hu they used to also use War Cry. That was nice.

The thing that bugs me about Megiverse is, just having one instance of it makes the bot spam nearly nothing but Megiverse. Not great if you want them to do other stuff too.

In my case I have 3 bots throwing out stuff like Il Foie, so even with the 6 second cooldown between techs, there's usually always an Il Foie falling.

FeartheGreat
Aug 10, 2015, 05:52 AM
Well I guess having 0 attacks would kinda be a waste. If anything Ilfoie would be nice. We thought that it would interfere with Zanverse/Megiverse spam. But if what you say is true about FPs spamming Megi too much. We might drop it and stick Stars and Sols in it's place along with Resta/Anti (Super Treatment). Shifta/Deband of course. War Cry is definitely lovely. Ilfoie won't come out strong because of the Hu sub and that is why we want to avoid it. But an FP sticking close to you spamming Zanverse and War Cry sounds very appealing.

TaigaUC
Aug 11, 2015, 12:37 AM
I generally avoid getting hit so I don't really need Megiverse.
If I do get hit, the bots usually throw up a Star or Resta anyway.

Haven't really tried bots with Zanverse.

FeartheGreat
Aug 11, 2015, 07:49 PM
I generally avoid getting hit so I don't really need Megiverse.
If I do get hit, the bots usually throw up a Star or Resta anyway.

Haven't really tried bots with Zanverse.

After some more testing it seems to us that FPs spam Zanverse and Megiverse about equally. I think I might make another FP geared toward Ilfoie spam to to go along with her Zanverse/Megiverse/War cry.

TaigaUC
Aug 11, 2015, 08:39 PM
Note that if you set a bot to lonely, they will always stay within range of you.

FeartheGreat
Aug 12, 2015, 04:32 AM
Note that if you set a bot to lonely, they will always stay within range of you.

Noted. Thanks again for all the help.