PDA

View Full Version : Best method to get abducted.

GuardianGirth
Aug 8, 2015, 02:09 AM
Is there a general agreed upon "consistent method" for doing this.

The whole S rank policy before you try doing so. Is there any common knowledge on what effects it. Example methods. I know being by yourself has a higher chance than with others but I'd still like to understand this as best I can.

Method 1: If I ran subdue Za OOdan 10 times to get sranks and then restart spam TAs, does that help?

Method 2: Running other quests(would free field Sranks mean more than Zubdue za oodan?

Method 3: Running TAs only (does this give the highest boost per one cleared?)

Method 4: Running 1 TA then restart spamming 20-30 times. Then again.

Any help is appreciated.

ultimafia
Aug 8, 2015, 02:28 AM
Or you can dress like a loli and stand in a black alley, someone will surely pick you up.

[Ayumi]
Aug 8, 2015, 02:33 AM
Method 1: Never heard of this. And I doubt that works at all. 99% of the time I aim to S rank every mission I'm on. Even if I'm doing let's say a boss kill for a daily order, I almost never boss rush unless I have people with me (which I rarely do).

Method 2: Just like Method 1. I do TAs every week. Sometimes 3 or 4 of them. Always SH 1st and haven't been abducted for months now. I think I was abducted once this year.

Method 3: Might work. Did 10+ SH TAs in a row with some people trying to get abducted until before we reached 20 some of us got bored or tired or both that we gave up.

Method 4: Same answer as Method 3 with another group doing it on Nab 2.

I say you should go with this method:

Method 5: Try all of the above until you hate yourself.

Chdata
Aug 8, 2015, 02:47 AM
I seem to get abducted the most often when I solo TAs. I get abducted a lot.

afaik, abduction chance increases as the same group completes TAs.

if you TA with randoms every time, someone in the group might not have as high abduction chance or something, which makes none of you get abducted

since I solo TA a lot, and there's noone else with low chance to drag me down, I get abducted a lot

yoshiblue
Aug 8, 2015, 04:26 AM
I also get abducted more often when going solo.

Rayden
Aug 8, 2015, 05:22 AM
Method 3 works for me. Usually takes about an hour for an abduction.

RibbonSoft
Aug 8, 2015, 05:58 AM
Method 1: Does not work. S-ranking outside TA has no effect on abduction chances.

Method 2: Does not work. Again, S-ranks outside TA has no effect on abduction.

Method 3: The only good method for getting abducted. Best chance is when soloing TA on VH or SH. Anything lower has no effect.

Method 4: Unreliable, your chances of getting abducted lower per restart, but still possible. Better to do method 3.

Vatallus
Aug 8, 2015, 07:02 AM
I'm fairly sure your best method of getting abducted is to repeat the same TA over and over either solo or with a party. TAs becoming once a week was a problem because you either have to be extremely lucky or keep rerunning just to provoke abduction.

Well no TAs once a week isn't the problem. The problem is Sega never rebalanced the abduction rates for once a week TAs.

milranduil
Aug 8, 2015, 07:17 AM
Spam SH nab2. 3min doable with most classes, 2min with a few.

TaigaUC
Aug 8, 2015, 07:19 AM
What Vatallus said.

I always get abducted when I start solo Naberius 2 just to test something, even after not doing TA for weeks-months.
Then it sometimes happens multiple times in a row.
Almost never happens in a group. In all this time, only had it happen maybe twice in a group, and once was from restarting over and over to get it to happen on purpose.

So, basically:
- It seems to calculate probability based on the total added probability of each group member.
- Getting S rank elsewhere doesn't seem to matter.
- If your hidden probability is high enough, spamming restarts tends to work. If not high enough, it won't work.
- Occurs much more often in solo because it's only calculating your own probability.
- If your rate is high enough, even if you fail to clear abduction, there's a high chance of getting abducted again immediately after.
- Once you clear abduction, you can't be abducted again for a while (I forget how long, might be until someone else kills your clone).
- If someone in your party has recently cleared abduction, it won't trigger.

I haven't checked the JP swiki lately. They might have more info there now.

Edit: Info from JP swiki.

- Everytime you clear VH TA or higher, probability increases.
- Probability lowers when you retire.
- Will not occur if you don't meet the right conditions.
- Will still occur regardless if Coffee has notified you of abduction or not.

landman
Aug 8, 2015, 07:49 AM
Highest chance: go with an underleveled character/class you have possibly not a chance of completing it D:

BIG OLAF
Aug 8, 2015, 07:55 AM
Or you can dress like a loli and stand in a black alley, someone will surely pick you up.

Beat me to it.

But yeah go put on a propeller beanie with some suspenders and hold a comically large lollipop.

[Ayumi]
Aug 8, 2015, 08:03 AM
I seem to get abducted the most often when I solo TAs. I get abducted a lot.

afaik, abduction chance increases as the same group completes TAs.

if you TA with randoms every time, someone in the group might not have as high abduction chance or something, which makes none of you get abducted

since I solo TA a lot, and there's noone else with low chance to drag me down, I get abducted a lot

I TA with the same group every week twice on VHSH and have been for over a year now. We've been abducted maybe 3 times total ever.

I also get abducted more often when going solo.

That's one thing I forgot to mention. I get abducted when I used to go and solo to either get a kill that I don't want to hunt for (Gilnas is one example) for an order. Would all of a sudden get abducted. I haven't done this in a while though so I haven't been abducted in a while. And while I'm saying this, the characters I've been on that awayg got abducted were....

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Highest chance: go with an underleveled character/class you have possibly not a chance of completing it D:

Yup. That's my situation all the freaking time. I would be by myself on a character that can barely hold on their own soloing with either a bad class set up just being there to get a kill and get out, or on a character that don't have the right set up yet due to their level.

I would be able to hold my own up until I get to the infected ships that can attack me from 50 miles away through the rock where they're not even near me.

Bellion
Aug 8, 2015, 08:10 AM
Better find people that TAs for time, used to TA for time, or did TACOs daily when they were. Doing TAs once a week does shit to your abduction chances. Not to mention rates are based on each character, so go with your most used one.

Usually get abducted 1-3 times an hour with the people I've played with.

Maenara
Aug 8, 2015, 08:35 AM
Does VH TA increase the chances of SH Abduction and vice versa?

[Ayumi]
Aug 8, 2015, 08:39 AM
Does VH TA increase the chances of SH Abduction and vice versa?

Even if it did, I doubt people would risk getting abducted on VH when they seem to want it on SH.

GuardianGirth
Aug 8, 2015, 03:26 PM
So just for the sake of it all I tried out each method a bit yesterday.

Tried the first method. Did 10 Subdue's then ran 30 restarts of each TA. Did this all 6 times. (Obviously this didnt work)

Then I tried doing 5 Nab 2s on VH, followed by 30 restarts. Did this twice and nothing

Then Tried doing 10 VH Nab 2s followed by 50 restarts. No luck.

Just gonna try 25 NAB 2s this time followed by 100 restarts today. Try my luck.

Theres gotta be some number of TAs done that puts your chances at some decent minimal rate. Maybe 20-25 in a row = 10% chance on the next attempt or something.

Those with more TA Time, do you have any idea if Doing Super Hard gives you higher % chance per run than if I did VH instead.

I'm lead to believe they're the same since they both have seperate DEN's and would effect them equally.

SlN
Aug 8, 2015, 04:09 PM
1. Start up SH TA
2. Go to gate
3. If not abducted restart.

Chdata
Aug 8, 2015, 04:56 PM
1. Start up SH TA
2. Go to gate

Yeah but it seems like a few people are pretty sure that successfully completing TAs increases that chance by a lot.

milranduil
Aug 8, 2015, 06:09 PM
So just for the sake of it all I tried out each method a bit yesterday.

Tried the first method. Did 10 Subdue's then ran 30 restarts of each TA. Did this all 6 times. (Obviously this didnt work)

Then I tried doing 5 Nab 2s on VH, followed by 30 restarts. Did this twice and nothing

Then Tried doing 10 VH Nab 2s followed by 50 restarts. No luck.

Just gonna try 25 NAB 2s this time followed by 100 restarts today. Try my luck.

Theres gotta be some number of TAs done that puts your chances at some decent minimal rate. Maybe 20-25 in a row = 10% chance on the next attempt or something.

Those with more TA Time, do you have any idea if Doing Super Hard gives you higher % chance per run than if I did VH instead.

I'm lead to believe they're the same since they both have seperate DEN's and would effect them equally.

VH and SH have separate den's and therefore separate associated chances/rates. Spam SH to get SH den, not VH.

1. Start up SH TA
2. Go to gate

yeah no.

Mildora
Aug 8, 2015, 06:20 PM
1. Start up SH TA
2. Go to gate

It's possible but its better to finish. I've tested, its a headache ^^;

GuardianGirth
Aug 8, 2015, 10:38 PM
So I did some testing today.

I ran 15 VH Nab2s and then 50 restarts with no luck.

Then I decided to go for 25 and I got abducted on run 23.

Will obviously take more testing but i'm willing to bet somewhere around 20 TAs on solo gives you a strong chance to be abducted.

TaigaUC
Aug 8, 2015, 10:43 PM
JP swiki says, from the Expert Guide, doing VH and above increases the abduction rate.
But yeah, if you want to get abducted on SH, it's not a great idea to just keep doing VH.