PDA

View Full Version : Best LVLing methods?

Squal_FFVIII
Aug 8, 2015, 10:45 AM
So now that we are all aware that there will be bonuses for maxing out the classes I think it's safe to say that a good amount of us will be maxing out their classes even the ones that we don't really like.

So like the tile of this thread says, what are the best ways to lvl up a class when it comes to lvl's 1-50?

Gwyndolin
Aug 8, 2015, 10:50 AM
Weave EQs with unlocking Coffee quests till 40. Take the leveling express in high risk VHAQ till you can do SHAQ or level straight up with VHAQ, preferably in a party to maximize xp gain. It is doable, however, solo as I was able to get over 250k xp a run of VHAQ with 50 risk. If AQs are beyond your capability, you can resort to the level up quest, but the xp from it is not very good.

[Ayumi]
Aug 8, 2015, 10:52 AM
What I always used to do is Boss EQs I would use 75% tickets.
Seeing as how AQ exp is boosted, you can VH and SH with 75% tickets as well.

Other than that, no clue other than just do client orders.
The "Lvl Up Quest" is horrible.

Saffran
Aug 8, 2015, 11:05 AM
Some COs are almost unaffected by the level downgrades, so do those as your maxed class then redeem them with your lv1 class.
Get all the stone collecting COs from Clessida, the dailies that give tri-boost effect, the x99 stuffs from what's-her-name near the fountain, etc.
IIRC the best orders to start with when redeeming are the Clessida stones ones. Those 5 alone should push you from lv1 to 20 or so.
After a while, playing as the class will be faster, and then it's the usual : Magatsu, Elder+Luther, Despair or Invitation EQ.

RadiantLegend
Aug 8, 2015, 12:14 PM
Buy your way to lv 45 with fetch and koffie COs. Then VHAQ till lv 75.

Flaoc
Aug 8, 2015, 02:07 PM
Buy your way to lv 45 with fetch and koffie COs. Then VHAQ till lv 75.

lvl 40 now

LunaSolstice
Aug 8, 2015, 02:37 PM
Get lucky with a random Falz Arm mpa that can kill it in 1 minute and do 20-30 runs,that exp is grand at the end. But dunno when the next Falz Arms are due to all these Profound EQs.

EDIT:

Didn't read the 1-50 part,but that exp certainly helps after 50.

jooozek
Aug 8, 2015, 03:03 PM
are vhaqs really that good for levelling even to 75?

Z-0
Aug 8, 2015, 03:07 PM
yep, do it in urban with a 4p party that knows how to exit burst and watch the exp go up

GoldenFalcon
Aug 8, 2015, 03:08 PM
a 4p party that knows how to exit burst

Is there a trick to it?

Raid_Hirsh
Aug 8, 2015, 04:19 PM
yep, do it in urban with a 4p party that knows how to exit burst and watch the exp go up

You keep mentioning, from time-to-time, about getting 1+ million EXP on VH Urban AQ. However, you never go in-depth with the details...

Also, I'm pretty sure entrance/exit PSE Burst got nerfed a couple of years ago -- given that I did a quick Google search and saw your very own thread for details here.

elryan
Aug 8, 2015, 04:50 PM
Is there a trick to it?

http://i.imgur.com/QH0rDbb.gif

But you see, this method is not working anymore. It's patched as of October 2013.

Saffran
Aug 8, 2015, 07:47 PM
VHAQs are cheap to get to +50, there's generally one day every week where it has +100% exp, you can use tickets on top of that, enemies are weak but high level, chances of PSE bursts are sky high and if you get a cross burst going with 4 real ppl you should get about 4 enemies dead per second with a chance of getting a wolf god after that.
If you *really* need to level up quickly, that will do the trick.

Bellion
Aug 8, 2015, 07:58 PM
Exit bursting still works in city AQ, you create what is referred to as a 2-point burst to manipulate spawns.

Squal_FFVIII
Aug 8, 2015, 08:28 PM
These guys that keep bringing up VH AQ exit burst never explain how its done.

Also, getting a party is a chore itself.

I been asking people on my list "hey you wanna VH AQ to lvl up?" "ahh not right now I rather chat in the lobby" or some kinda generic comment like that.

Unless you have friends who care about being "good" then VH AQing seems out of the picture. Not to talk down on my friends but I have mostly "casual" friends.

Bellion
Aug 8, 2015, 08:36 PM
Exactly, if you don't have the people it's pointless to even explain.

Utterly Vile
Aug 8, 2015, 08:40 PM
I have a small group of Japanese players that I run 3x AQ's with daily now. But before I established that connection it was quite difficult to get a party for them. Hit me up when you wanna run ...I'm on the Eastern time zone.. ^^

Kondibon
Aug 8, 2015, 08:41 PM
Exactly, if you don't have the people it's pointless to even explain.
Why would it be pointless? I'm not following the logic that the knowledge wouldn't be useful in the event that Squall does manage to get a group together.

Squal_FFVIII
Aug 8, 2015, 08:44 PM
Why would it be pointless? I'm not following the logic that the knowledge wouldn't be useful in the event that Squall does manage to get a group together.

Thank you, I was about to say the same thing. The info would still be very useful indeed. I'm sure I will find people who are willing to run them sooner or later. It's just how things work.

Sooner or later i'll find my way into similar thinking players.

I get the feeling that some of these "l33t" players just like to keep certain things to themselves as if knowing certain things that others don't makes them a better person or something...lol

Bellion
Aug 8, 2015, 08:50 PM
That's the thing, though. You need people that are either playing decent ranged classes or people using decent weapons with ranged attacks to make the most of it. Finding the people willing to do so is the most difficult part of this game anywhere.

But okay, in the scenario you DO manage to get these people:
The reason why it is called a 2-point burst is because you basically split the group at the exit, at well, 2 different spots. Better explained with a picture but I don't exactly have one which is another reason why I didn't bother to explain, but just letting you know it is a thing that exists.

The rest is just how you trigger a burst, get to that exit asap.

milranduil
Aug 8, 2015, 09:46 PM
You keep mentioning, from time-to-time, about getting 1+ million EXP on VH Urban AQ. However, you never go in-depth with the details...

Also, I'm pretty sure entrance/exit PSE Burst got nerfed a couple of years ago -- given that I did a quick Google search and saw your very own thread for details here.

They were more changed than nerfed (not that they weren't but not as much as people think). Biggest change was just the 2 point thing as opposed to all enemies just spawning at 1 point.

GrieverXVII
Aug 9, 2015, 09:39 PM
lol read through this whole thread...nobody has still went into details on this "2-point exit burst" stuff being mentioned. don't know why it's so hard to just explain...maybe if it's properly explained more people will know of it and will be willing to get things like this setup. i'm willing to do this...but nobody is explaining it so the supposedly "hardest part of doing this" is only restricted by the lack of explanations...

Magicks
Aug 9, 2015, 09:46 PM
lol read through this whole thread...nobody has still went into details on this "2-point exit burst" stuff being mentioned. don't know why it's so hard to just explain...maybe if it's properly explained more people will know of it and will be willing to get things like this setup. i'm willing to do this...but nobody is explaining it so the supposedly "hardest part of doing this" is only restricted by the lack of explanations...

That's the thing, though. You need people that are either playing decent ranged classes or people using decent weapons with ranged attacks to make the most of it. Finding the people willing to do so is the most difficult part of this game anywhere.

The reason why it is called a 2-point burst is because you basically split the group at the exit, at well, 2 different spots. Better explained with a picture but I don't exactly have one which is another reason why I didn't bother to explain, but just letting you know it is a thing that exists.

I thought that this explained what it was. And there are images to what a focus point was. So I'd assume that you're splitting into pairs and creating two focus points near the exit.

milranduil
Aug 9, 2015, 09:47 PM

Those explanations are found by people just messing around with bursts in the first place... trial and error finding a reason for behavior they see (in this case spawn locations and timing). You know, how any scientific progress has been made ever? Since you can't be bothered, I'll explain.

You are at an exit in some area and you PSE burst. There are 2 focal points for where mobs will spawn during this burst dependent on the location and number of players. City for example: you have a street that goes down into the tunnel that's A2. Facing away from the exit, your likely spawn points will be 1 on each side of the street, where the sidewalk is. Each time you kill an enemy at 1, your next mob will be replaced on the other side which is why you split your focus fire 50/50. It doesn't matter who kills which mob, just as long as they're dying as quickly as possible. The distance to these focal point is non-trivial which is why ranged attacks and techs are the most efficient.

Happy?

GrieverXVII
Aug 9, 2015, 09:54 PM
it's the terms being used, I understand when people have been playing the game for so long, the need to abbreviate words or shorten things comes to mind...but not everyone is on that same level. I'm not saying im slow in the head or anyone else for that matter, but a good topic even for just explaining something like this that would require a larger amount of teamwork can really use a dumbed down "beginner" explanation. If you say finding people to do this is the hardest part...do the obvious, educate people and make it easy to understand.

milranduil
Aug 9, 2015, 10:11 PM
it's the terms being used, I understand when people have been playing the game for so long, the need to abbreviate words or shorten things comes to mind...but not everyone is on that same level. I'm not saying im slow in the head or anyone else for that matter, but a good topic even for just explaining something like this that would require a larger amount of teamwork can really use a dumbed down "beginner" explanation. If you say finding people to do this is the hardest part...do the obvious, educate people and make it easy to understand.

Someone else was complaining about finding others, not me. Shows how much of this thread you read carefully!

GrieverXVII
Aug 9, 2015, 10:17 PM
Someone else was complaining about finding others, not me. Shows how much of this thread you read carefully!

why are you acting like such a bitch? have I offended you at all? I've asked simple questions with interest that pertains to the topic. you've only retorted to me in a demeaning fashion, go fuck yourself.

milranduil
Aug 9, 2015, 10:27 PM
why are you acting like such a bitch? have I offended you at all? I've asked simple questions with interest that pertains to the topic. you've only retorted to me in a demeaning fashion, go fuck yourself.

I gave you a detailed explanation for 2 point burst and instead of going to test it out based on what I said, you post this. sick m8

GrieverXVII
Aug 9, 2015, 10:34 PM
I gave you a detailed explanation for 2 point burst and instead of going to test it out based on what I said, you post this. sick m8

I ignored your first attempt at insulting me when you made a pretentious comment, and now the second time...I fully meant what i said above and you deserve it for how you think you can talk to people. where do you get off talking to people like that anyways?

I appreciated the explanation, but your demeanor and elitist attitude that feels the need to talk down to people who aren't as experienced as you is truly "sick m8".

I've had the same questions as the OP for awhile now, reading this thread was interesting, but if this method involves playing with a bunch of douche bag elitists that can't bother to educate others...or would educate but act like a demeaning little twit while doing it, fuckkkkkk that shit.

n_n
Aug 9, 2015, 10:36 PM
#PSOW

milranduil
Aug 9, 2015, 10:42 PM
I ignored your first attempt at insulting me when you made a pretentious comment, and now the second time...I fully meant what i said above and you deserve it for how you think you can talk to people. where do you get off talking to people like that anyways?

I appreciated the explanation, but your demeanor and elitist attitude that feels the need to talk down to people who aren't as experienced as you is truly "sick m8".

I've had the same questions as the OP for awhile now, reading this thread was interesting, but if this method involves playing with a bunch of douche bag elitists that can't bother to educate others...or would educate but act like a demeaning little twit while doing it, fuckkkkkk that shit.

I didn't realize it required elitism to figure out to stand in a couple corners and rafoie/cluster/kaizer spam shit.

GrieverXVII
Aug 9, 2015, 10:44 PM
I didn't realize it required elitism to figure out to stand in a couple corners and rafoie/cluster/kaizer spam shit.

well your response right here just proves how elitist you truly are, I guess everyone needs to be your level of experience and intellect in order for you to be a respectful individual right?

you can't just explain something without insulting people while doing it? you sound like someone who would mock someone else with a handicap or mental disorder just because something simple to you isn't so simple for them.

done with you and your kind. that shit actually sickens me.

milranduil
Aug 9, 2015, 10:47 PM
No, I just have little patience for people unwilling to even attempt to figure something out for themselves first.

GrieverXVII
Aug 9, 2015, 10:52 PM
How am I supposed to figure this out for myself and especially in-game when it requires more than myself to become experienced in this particular thing?

isn't it just easier to ask the knowledgeable here in a "forum" where topics like this are "encouraged" to be discussed?

I have a friend who has a mental disorder, he isn't the brightest tool in the shed and it's taken me 4 years to adapt and learn him, a lot of times things that are very simple for me are not for him, yea it's a little awkward sometimes but do I talk down to him? no...do I make fun of him for not understanding something? no...

is it so hard to just help someone not as knowledgeable about something while being a decent human being? again, I appreciate your help, but I really have no patience for people who feel the need to belittle others while doing it, it's unnecessary, rude, and makes you look extremely elitist.

regardless, keep doing what you're doing, I'm done here. thanks but no thanks.

LonelyGaruga
Aug 9, 2015, 10:54 PM
OK, this is just pathetic.

Bellion's post was made over 24 hours after your post and explains everything you need to know. By claiming to have read the thread and state that nobody has explained exit bursts, you pretty much deserve to have some level of the snark adios gave you (namely, the part about not reading the thread, since you missed two explanations). Retaliating after that just devolved it into this stupid mess. In all honesty, you pretty much brought this on yourself.

I'd also like to comment on how exit bursts are like, as old as AQs, if not older. The only difference between City exit bursts and the old exit bursts is that there's 2 spawns instead of 1. Which pretty much changes nothing in practice. So people complaining about not receiving an explanation should really can it. It really doesn't require much thought to figure it out. There's nothing elitist in saying that, and the only reason any antagonism happens is that not figuring it out even after being explained multiple times is well beyond reasonable expectations.

Basically? Use your goddamn brains.

EDIT: For the record, I've been a playmate for a pair of autistic boys and they were more clever than anyone I've talked down to, imo. People with mental handicaps might not be as capable as ordinary people, but when a person fails to utilize the brainpower they're blessed with, they might as well be just as handicapped if not moreso.

n_n
Aug 9, 2015, 11:02 PM
too many elitist posting in this thread

yoshiblue
Aug 9, 2015, 11:04 PM
Ideally that would be a good thing and it is. The issue here is communication.

Sacrificial
Aug 10, 2015, 04:51 AM
You are at an exit in some area and you PSE burst. There are 2 focal points for where mobs will spawn during this burst dependent on the location and number of players. City for example: you have a street that goes down into the tunnel that's A2. Facing away from the exit, your likely spawn points will be 1 on each side of the street, where the sidewalk is. Each time you kill an enemy at 1, your next mob will be replaced on the other side which is why you split your focus fire 50/50. It doesn't matter who kills which mob, just as long as they're dying as quickly as possible. The distance to these focal point is non-trivial which is why ranged attacks and techs are the most efficient.

So I removed 1sentence and a word wrom adios' explanation so,that short fuse people wont,ignore the actual explanation.
Altho I admit Im not fond his use of words but he did not even receive a thankyou for the explaination.

Squal_FFVIII
Aug 10, 2015, 06:07 AM
Bellion explained it well enough for me which is why I haven't posted here anymore. It's basically just like the old school style of exist bursting. I just figured that after the "nerf" such a thing wasn't possible anymore.

On a side note, I noticed this tends to always happen when Adios joins a conversation. I think it's the way he carries himself in this forum that irks people. Sure he explained it to the other dude, but at the same time he threw some "hidden" jabs at him and that's what made him irritated i'm guessing.

emanresuj
Aug 10, 2015, 06:40 AM
*steps in from the shadows*

goodness, i wish i could figure out why almost everyone on PSOW is so incredibly bitter. like seriously, it is startling. oh, and i already know no one cares what i think; you may indulge the inclination to inform me, or do yourself a favor and refrain (saving the energy for teh moar bittahnizz statementsssss elsewhere, per usual). also, if i have used inappropriate gender, please forgive as i meant no ill will thereby.

in any case, i thought i would post both to thank this thread and to shake my metaphorical fist at it.

first. to agree with Mr. Griever. the elitism is level 11 here. i cannot for the life of me understand the raucous, unmitigated bitterness on proud display on this forums (like seriously guys, does anything on this earth, other than bitterness itself mind you, give any of you a semblance of contentment?? ANYTHING???)

second. to disagree with Mr. Lonely Garuga. Mr. Bellion's post, though helpful, was inadequate for people yet initiated in bursting. yes, they exist. his own words attest to said inadequacy: the phrases "better explained," "why i didn't bother to explain..." should have been ample illustration of that. moreover, he concludes, "just letting you know it is a thing that exists," further demonstrating to the reader that the preceding words were essentially only sufficient to prove the concept exists, but not really to explain it how it works, much less how to pull it off "efficiently," if i may borrow a term. (incidentally, i agree it would be easiest to explain a concept as this via diagram or the like [i think aine has even done so at once point, but i cannot quite recall if said explanation occurred post "nerf"]) bellion does mention that this is, in fact, a instance of two-point spawn manipulation, but one must realize that not everyone knows what that is. what is the reasoning behind splitting up? does one person of four stand on one point, thus forcing it's spawns to occur at the other point for the other three nuke? how close are said spawn points? close enough for melee weapons, or need we ranged? do the points shift every six cycles or so? what about during rainbows? if a nyau spawns and no one is there to hear him? while these may be stupid questions to you, they are questions nonetheless. bellion's post did nothing to address them, but he noted that was the case at the end of it. adios followed up well and i appreciate that. i still wish aine, post episode three z-0, or kiriyama were here and explained as they are the only elitists i trust with my heart. <3

third. to express discontent with adios. you sir, or ma'am, are as noted earlier, a dick. rather the things you say could easily be attributed to a person with indescribably dickish disposition. in fact, the amount of dickery exudes your words, if i did not know their origin in person (or were less inclined to give doubt's benefit), i would be inclined to believe they belong to one taking joy in going to a children's hospital to pop all the balloons. even if several attempts are necessary for each one. even if being "escorted" away by security in the midst of attempt. whereas i would be remiss in not applauding your incredible skill and talent with this game, i just wish you would time attack some manners, unlock whitill wings in being polite or some such. short of that, i know being polite is typically just outside the ability of people who self-select for PSOW (which is patently depressing, as PSOW is a place many newcomers are sent to "learn" the game). frankly, if you could learn how to either treat people with a even modicum of respect or simply hold your tongue, you would be A+ in my book. though, as i have noted earlier, i realize my opinions matter for nothing here.

eighth. this is why we cannot have nice things. guise, srsly. Srsly, guise. SRSLY. do not ever, EVER lament the lack of skill in the English speaking community. EVER. you have obliterated that right, permanently (and waste no time doing just that repeatedly at any perceived opportunity). i lurk here a lot and have NEVER seen a question simply answered. why, OH GAWD WHY, do i hear OVER AND OVER AND OVER that the English community sucks, but when a person tries to improve, "git gud" if you will, YOU ALL COLLECTIVELY DESTROY THAT PERSON INTO THE GROUND. THROUGH THE GROUND. AND OUT THE OTHER END OF THE EARTH IN INTENSE ANIME STYLE. YOU PUT ALL 85+ OF YOUR SP INTO HATRED AND LEAVE NONE FOR HUGS. WTF WHY. PLEASE. of course the questions that might be asked seem "dumb" because you already know the answer, and since you knew it so long ago, it seems it should be well known by everyone now. guess what, it is not well known, or, for the sake of discourse, presume it not to have been. would you believe that there are still people, myself included actually, who have NOT DONE A SINGLE CHALLENGE QUEST. hazard a guess why? seriously. if the same question is asked several times by several people, so what. the terrorists have not won. the world continues it's romp about the sun. in fact, if you are SO PISSED by the same questions, why not collect those common questions and their answers in a sticky updated with q's from quick questions thread and so forth? your seething indignation will only exacerbate the schism in the community, and while you may be able to survive in your locked rooms on hoarded ammunition, generators, and vienna sausages for a while (so long you may even forget that the others exist, in fact), the people YOU'VE left ignorant will eventually find their way into YOUR PUG and stagger, arms extended, through your beloved boost tickets when you can least afford it. in other words, answer the question, or GTFO. this a public forum. deal with it. sayara has decreed that etiquette shall be shown. deal with it. some people will literally not get better unless you teach them. deal with it. some people will need more instruction than others. deal with it. if you cannot be bothered with any of the above, kindly ignore the thread (or at least the "retarded" post, to borrow common sentiment) as any "unhelpful" response, euphemistically speaking in the case of this forum of course, may just serve to make the inquirer say "fuck it" and continue in aggressive ignorance, no longer receptive to any instruction or criticism. and it would be your fault.

note that it is possible to express frustration in a way non-dickish. it really is. i am not saying people should be nuzzled and coddled, but rather, and quite simply, that EVERYONE should treat EVERYONE ELSE exactly the way he or she would like to be treated. PERIOD. if even that remains too difficult, happen upon a conflagration and engage it with the totality of your heretofore intact flesh.

that is all.

jooozek
Aug 10, 2015, 06:51 AM
stop opressing my triggered otherkin fellows

Vatallus
Aug 10, 2015, 06:56 AM
Some of the replies in this topic are a classic example of why people get mad and avoid this place. You only had to answer the question. Thank you for doing so. I'll probably still avoid Urban since I like things I can sell while I get my exp.

[Ayumi]
Aug 10, 2015, 10:02 AM
Was in an SHAQ yesterday and got to try that Exit Burst a few times.
Didn't know how it worked until I saw it happen.

Failed the Exit Burst a few times because of how the map was set up, but when the map was set up right, it worked great for a while. Mainly the Coast and Forest.

milranduil
Aug 10, 2015, 11:00 AM
;3281334']Was in an SHAQ yesterday and got to try that Exit Burst a few times.

Failed the Exit Burst a few times because of how the map was set up, but when the map was set up right, it worked great for a while. Mainly the Coast and Forest.

This is all I ask for from people... go try it for yourself to see what happens. It's not as though caps are rare anymore with the 71+ drop rate increase. As for a/b/c caps, well... no comment :wacko:

LonelyGaruga
Aug 10, 2015, 12:33 PM
I'll probably still avoid Urban since I like things I can sell while I get my exp.

Modulator, Apprentice Soul, Ragne Soul (mostly higher slots) don't qualify?

Zorafim
Aug 10, 2015, 02:53 PM
*wall of glory*

Sir, you would honor me if you would allow me to buy you a drink.

Seriously guys, this isn't hard. If you act like a dick, people will treat you like a dick, and your life will be dicks. If you don't spread common knowledge, then the knowledge will stop flowing and you'll be surrounded by idiots. If you don't bother helping the community, then the community will suffer, and you with it.

I know what an exit burst is, and even I struggled to understand the explanation on what it was. It's hardly adequate to someone who doesn't understand the concept. And you can't expect it to be a common concept to someone who's never seen it before. If you act like a dick to someone who needs some extra information on it, it's only because you're a dick.

This is all I ask for from people... go try it for yourself to see what happens.

All you can ask from people is to be taught how things work? Like what Griever wanted while you were berating him?

Asuka~
Aug 10, 2015, 03:06 PM
That reminds me, I need to level my damned Hu as HuRa... PSE Bursts ahoy.

milranduil
Aug 10, 2015, 03:10 PM
All you can ask from people is to be taught how things work? Like what Griever wanted while you were berating him?

I would answer your question except I literally said exactly what I ask from people.

Zorafim
Aug 10, 2015, 03:17 PM
You asked that people experiment for themselves. Ayumi seemed to already know the technique. Likely taught by a player willing to share their findings, instead of berating their peers for asking questions.

milranduil
Aug 10, 2015, 03:20 PM
;3281334']

Ayumi seemed to already know the technique. Likely taught by a player willing to share their findings, instead of berating their peers for asking questions.

hello?

Zorafim
Aug 10, 2015, 03:21 PM
Is it possible for you to communicate in any language other than snark?

milranduil
Aug 10, 2015, 03:22 PM
ad hominem - attacking the person instead of the point

siq

Zorafim
Aug 10, 2015, 03:29 PM
The point is that you're attacking people when helping them is by far the better option. The person is the point.

scarletskies
Aug 10, 2015, 03:32 PM
Telling people to "go out and learn for themselves" is not the point of a discussion forum.
We're only trying to share ideas and help people learn how to do things, even if it means holding their hand and guiding them each step of the way.

I registered to say that.

Zorafim
Aug 10, 2015, 03:36 PM
Come to think about it, I just clicked on this thread so I could see what changes were made that gave bonuses to capped classes. I lost track of that about halfway through.

The Walrus
Aug 10, 2015, 03:37 PM
http://i.imgur.com/zoSDHQs.gif

Asuka~
Aug 10, 2015, 03:40 PM
What does PSE stand for? o.o I always wanted to know that lol. Guessing Photon, something, something...

The Walrus
Aug 10, 2015, 03:45 PM
photon sensitive effect

Mattykins
Aug 10, 2015, 03:48 PM
PSO-World: Where if you don't add a 'please' or 'I'm sorry' every other word in your post, you're elitist.

http://images.ninemsn.com.au/resizer.aspx?height=124&width=218&url=http://aca.ninemsn.com.au/img/2011/1903autism.jpg

Zorafim
Aug 10, 2015, 03:53 PM
PSO-World: Where if you don't add a 'please' or 'I'm sorry' every other word in your post, you're elitist.

http://images.ninemsn.com.au/resizer.aspx?height=124&width=218&url=http://aca.ninemsn.com.au/img/2011/1903autism.jpg

That's what you got out of this?

Mattykins
Aug 10, 2015, 04:04 PM
...Yeah, actually.

Bellion
Aug 10, 2015, 07:29 PM
Amusing, no?

I did attempt to find a picture that would demonstrate what it was after my 1st post in here. The most I could even offer was my half-assed explanation before finding one so I held off on it. Seeing the OP get impatient and only decide to specifically post after mine, I said fuck it no longer worth my time to continue doing so.

I only bothered to give even a half-assed explanation since someone neutral responded to me logically and not the OP attempting to label me as a "l33t" "elitist" or whatever other term gets tossed around here when someone gets upset at another that doesn't play the way they do. I don't hide any information from anyone if it can help and it doesn't even remotely have an impact on me playing the game.

That's my side of it, not to say I couldn't have just posted after I found a picture that would allow to give something detailed.

Tl;dr: communication problems indeed.

Charmeleon
Aug 11, 2015, 01:07 AM
Assuming people actually want to do VHAQ exit bursts, I can provide a video/some tips. For Urban at least. Video:

[SPOILER-BOX]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8wNkE5Mhzs"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8wNkE5Mhzs[/SPOILER-BOX]

There's 2 bursts from the same run in that video. It's really boring, don't watch the whole thing lol.

You'll need a full party of people who can use decent ranged PAs/techs. Rafoie, Cluster Bullet, and Kaiser Rise are great for bursting in Urban. Sacred Skewer is kind of bad, Additional Bullet might be okay, not sure about other PAs. You cannot melee the enemies, otherwise the spawns will end up too far away from you and this defeats the purpose of bursting at the exit.

Achieving the burst is the same as normal, just run through the map and kill stuff. AQs have fairly high PSE rates already. Don't stop to chat too much, or your PSEs will expire. If a Baize code spawns, that's great, because the code will spawn mobs you can farm for a burst as long as you don't destroy the baize. If you have anyone in your party with Super Treatment, you should let the baize blow so you can Anti for the first few minutes of the burst for increased pp recovery (seen in the A1 burst in the video). Once you get a PSE chance, run towards the exit and start the burst.

Stack on top of each other in the places shown in my video for A1 and A2. There's always stairs leading into a tunnel in A1 and there's almost always a truck to stand on in the last square of A2. Blow it up before you get onto it. You'll need Ilzonde, boots, or any height gaining PA to get onto it. The point of stacking on top of each other is so you can share your Ketos Proi with everyone. Having one or two FO/TEs or TE/FOs is ideal since they can fill their PB very quickly with just Rafoie spam, allowing everyone to spam even more PAs/techs for more exp and longer bursts.

You won't burst every run since PSE is RNG, but if you get lucky like my party did in that run, the exp can top even TD3. I wouldn't skip TD3 for AQs though since bursting is not guaranteed. Best exp outside of EQs though.

Edit: Forgot to mention, play in a Vita block so you get 1:30 per burst instead of 1:00.

.Jack
Aug 11, 2015, 02:23 AM
You won't burst every run since PSE is RNG

I usually just stick to FC VH and almost every speed run have a burst happen so I'm gonna disagree with this. Bursts imo just you need to get a ton of kills very fast, since Ill megid 1hitKO there pretty much everything if you're hitting in the 15-20k range it's very unusual not to burst in that mission. My parties always skips bursts for clone hunting mostly tho. ^^

Corner bursts are also just as good as exit bursts, it's just a matter of containing spawns in a single spawn area, having 2 forces in the party 1hit killing everything is great for getting those 10-20min bursts.

milranduil
Aug 11, 2015, 02:33 AM
I usually just stick to FC VH and almost every speed run have a burst happen so I'm gonna disagree with this. Bursts imo just you need to get a ton of kills very fast, since Ill megid 1hitKO there pretty much everything if you're hitting in the 15-20k range it's very unusual not to burst in that mission. My parties always skips bursts for clone hunting mostly tho. ^^

Corner bursts are also just as good as exit bursts, it's just a matter of containing spawns in a single spawn area, having 2 forces in the party 1hit killing everything is great for getting those 10-20min bursts.

No, it is still rng... I've soloed AQ and gotten quad burst for no reason and played 4 man killing things without looking at them and gotten no burst for multiple runs in a row.

.Jack
Aug 11, 2015, 02:46 AM
No, it is still rng... I've soloed AQ and gotten quad burst for no reason and played 4 man killing things without looking at them and gotten no burst for multiple runs in a row.

I'm still getting bursts in almost each speed run in fc so I don't see that favoring rng. Also in a group mission when you get a baize code, ignore the baize and just kill the spawns for a guaranteed burst, this is only in city and ruins I think.

milranduil
Aug 11, 2015, 03:00 AM
I'm still getting bursts in almost each speed run in fc so I don't see that favoring rng. Also in a group mission when you get a baize code, ignore the baize and just kill the spawns for a guaranteed burst, this is only in city and ruins I think.

I'm not saying it happens every single run, it obviously averages out over a number of runs. However, it is known that PSE is itself RNG depending on you killing any number of mobs to trigger a Lv 8 (or multiple). You can kill as many and as fast as you want, but that's no guarantee; it's random.

.Jack
Aug 11, 2015, 03:24 AM
It's something you have to see first hand I suppose, that baize code would disagree on the pse being random. There's not much I can add to this any further.

LonelyGaruga
Aug 11, 2015, 11:27 AM
I've had Baize farms that didn't trigger PSE codes so that's complete BS. You just haven't run enough it enough to fail to trigger. Granted, the odds of not getting a burst are very low, but they aren't 100% and there isn't a single thing in the game that makes it 100%.

Vintasticvin
Aug 11, 2015, 12:02 PM
So overall the "best" way to rack up them exp is to use %100 Green and White tickets and do that exit burst thing, Vh and above boss EQs.

Orangemelon
Aug 13, 2015, 01:25 PM
Assuming people actually want to do VHAQ exit bursts, I can provide a video/some tips. For Urban at least. Video:

Sorry this is going to be off topic but how do you do that much damage at lvl 64? And how did you unlock compound techniques already, don't you have to be lvl70 to get the client order for them?

milranduil
Aug 13, 2015, 01:35 PM
Sorry this is going to be off topic but how do you do that much damage at lvl 64? And how did you unlock compound techniques already, don't you have to be lvl70 to get the client order for them?

His TE is 75.