PDA

View Full Version : Bo/Te mechanics?

AkuTenshiiZero
Aug 9, 2015, 09:25 PM
I'd like to try switching my build to Bo/Te, and I'm looking for clarification on how exactly the Bouncer's "auto-cast" weapon action spells work. So, in short, a few questions:

Do the weapon action spells have any relation to my actual versions of the spell? IE, does my Shifta level coincide with my Strike Gust Shifta?

Are the weapon action Shifta and Deband effected by Techer passive skills which effect normal Shifta and Deband? IE, will the Strike Gust Shifta apply a crit rate bonus?

Is the Zanverse created by Moment Gale effected by Techer wind boosts? Does the damage increase?

LonelyGaruga
Aug 9, 2015, 09:28 PM
Yes to all of those things.

Bo/Te is kinda bad for support though, wouldn't recommend it. Try a different Bouncer or Techer combination (Bo/Hu, Bo/Fi, Te/Hu, Te/Br mainly).

Anduril
Aug 9, 2015, 09:28 PM
Yes.
Bouncer Thread (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221079)
Quick Questions (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213385)

milranduil
Aug 9, 2015, 09:36 PM
here's my advice: don't play bo/te or te/bo. end of story.

pkemr4
Aug 9, 2015, 09:43 PM
Bo/Te / Te/Bo is Trash don't play it

Kondibon
Aug 9, 2015, 10:13 PM
If you're looking to take a support role into serious gameplay go with a normal techer combination like Te/Hu or Te/Br. Te/Fo is a possibility in situations where you want techer buffs but Fo gameplay, and Te/Ra is what I've started running for luther pugs (having people who don't know how to use techs or WB in that fight is WAY more annoying than risking possible redundancy), but I wouldn't recommend either of those if you want to be efficient.

If you REALLY want to use jet boots and techer buffs at the same time go with Te/Bo, but I don't recommend that for anything like Magatsu, Loser, or TD.

AkuTenshiiZero
Aug 10, 2015, 12:21 AM
I asked for information on Bo/Te's mechanics (Or Te/Bo, truthfully I have yet to decide). Thank you for answering. Please do not preach to me about how the class doesn't have the best Dee Pee Ess or isn't the best pure support, because I didn't ask your opinions. I don't care if you like following hive mentality.

Kondibon
Aug 10, 2015, 12:27 AM
I asked for information on Bo/Te's mechanics (Or Te/Bo, truthfully I have yet to decide). Thank you for answering. Please do not preach to me about how the class doesn't have the best Dee Pee Ess or isn't the best pure support, because I didn't ask your opinions. I don't care if you like following hive mentality.I guess the better question is. WHY do you want to play BO/TE. I suggested the other classes and Te/Bo because they might be able to do what you want better than Bo/Te. It's fine to want to do your own thing, but one thing I've learned playing games is that something might look like it's what you want and not be.

AkuTenshiiZero
Aug 10, 2015, 01:10 AM
I guess the better question is. WHY do you want to play BO/TE. I suggested the other classes and Te/Bo because they might be able to do what you want better than Bo/Te. It's fine to want to do your own thing, but one thing I've learned playing games is that something might look like it's what you want and not be.

One thing I've learned while playing games is that people get fixated on top tier, demonstrably overpowered builds and forget that you don't need to be the god-beast of DPS to win. I want to take advantage of the synergy between Bo's Jet Boot weapon actions weaving support spells into my attack cycle, and Te's passive buffs to those spells. It looks to me like these two classes were designed to work as a pair, they line up perfectly.

milranduil
Aug 10, 2015, 01:28 AM
I asked for information on Bo/Te's mechanics (Or Te/Bo, truthfully I have yet to decide). Thank you for answering. Please do not preach to me about how the class doesn't have the best Dee Pee Ess or isn't the best pure support, because I didn't ask your opinions. I don't care if you like following hive mentality.

that "hive mentality" is what has to carry your ass every td, magatsu, etc.

AkuTenshiiZero
Aug 10, 2015, 01:34 AM
that "hive mentality" is what has to carry your ass every td, magatsu, etc.

Nobody carries anybody in this game. It's a 12-man dogpile of complete chaos, it's not exactly difficult. But if it makes you feel better being one of a million people with the same exact, perfectly calculated build, good for you.

Arada
Aug 10, 2015, 01:34 AM
If you're going to play such a combination, I suggest to go TE/BO as TE's "main only" skills are more important.
They enable proper support which looks like is what you want to do.

So in my opinion, do everything you can to get super buffs and use the fields of BO quite a lot to be the ultimate supporter. However, you will have to upkeep the fields a lot and that gets tedious after a while or in the middle of melee.
I believe that Elemental Stance remains the one stance to get without question.

On the TE side, I think you can skip PP Restorate if you plan to use BO's Elemental PP Restorate Field and/or Deband PP Restorate

For your weapon selection, you have Boots of Serafi and Glow Scrapper as 12* that are TE equipable (the Live one too).
As 11*, you also have the Felkrus (spelling ?).
If you plan on using some dual blades for boss management, you have fewer options for 12* as only the Nox Blade is TE equipable by default (and I believe its price is not cheap) and otherwise the all class weapons. Most of them are ok-ish but I believe you'd be better off crafting.

Kondibon
Aug 10, 2015, 01:37 AM
One thing I've learned while playing games is that people get fixated on top tier, demonstrably overpowered builds and forget that you don't need to be the god-beast of DPS to win. I want to take advantage of the synergy between Bo's Jet Boot weapon actions weaving support spells into my attack cycle, and Te's passive buffs to those spells. It looks to me like these two classes were designed to work as a pair, they line up perfectly.To get the most out of techer's support options you need to main it, and none of Bo's main class only skills have any of the support based synergy you want, so Te/Bo already sounds like a better fit for what you want than Bo/Te, if you don't care about damage then using all-class jet boots shouldn't be an issue.

That said, just because Te and Bo are meant to synergize doesn't mean they do it well. Te's Buffs last quite a long time and have very large AoEs so simply casting them normally is usually enough to keep them up. Bo's fields both require specific builds/playstyles to even be useful, neither it's shifta or deband skills work for other players, and heal share might as well not exist.

If you want the class combo SPECIFICALLY because you want to use Te buffs with jet boots you'd get the most out of it going Te/Bo (seriously almost all those Techer buffs you were talking about are main class only) instead of Bo/Te. If you want to do it because you think it's better or more synergistic for support than other options, you might want to try something else instead like Te/Ra (Te support with Ra's WB, Jellen Shot, Traps, and grenades).

I'm not telling you not to do it. I'm just telling you that based off what you said you want to do Bo/Te might not deliver it in any meaningful way, and offering suggestions on things that might be a better fit for you.

If you're going to play such a combination, I suggest to go TE/BO as TE's "main only" skills are more important.
They enable proper support which looks like is what you want to do.

So in my opinion, do everything you can to get super buffs and use the fields of BO quite a lot to be the ultimate supporter. However, you will have to upkeep the fields a lot and that gets tedious after a while or in the middle of melee.
I believe that Elemental Stance remains the one stance to get without question.

On the TE side, I think you can skip PP Restorate if you plan to use BO's Elemental PP Restorate Field and/or Deband PP Restorate

For your weapon selection, you have Boots of Serafi and Glow Scrapper as 12* that are TE equipable (the Live one too).
As 11*, you also have the Felkrus (spelling ?).
If you plan on using some dual blades for boss management, you have fewer options for 12* as only the Nox Blade is TE equipable by default (and I believe its price is not cheap) and otherwise the all class weapons. Most of them are ok-ish but I believe you'd be better off crafting.

All this stuff too ^ :wacko:

milranduil
Aug 10, 2015, 01:39 AM
Nobody carries anybody in this game.

I beg to differ.

EDIT: Let me just ask you this. Have you ever done 5run td1/2? 3run td3? 4xh magatsu phase1? placed on an IR? no? why not?

Think about these questions...

Kondibon
Aug 10, 2015, 01:43 AM
i beg to differ.The fact that people can carry at all just means the content is easy enough to complete whether or not some of the people are using bad builds or whatever. :wacko:

Seriously, people need to stop complaining about the quality of pugs and start complaining about the quest systems and EQs.

milranduil
Aug 10, 2015, 01:47 AM
The fact that people can carry at all just means the content is easy enough to complete whether or not some of the people are using bad builds or whatever. :wacko:

Seriously, people need to stop complaining about the quality of pugs and start complaining about the quest systems and EQs.

Beyond some questionable people in td3, I don't really care one way or another in pug. I expect to have to do more than my fair share of work and do it willingly because those are the circumstances. However, those that choose to play exceedingly subpar classes/builds simply because it's not "hivemind" (honestly that is the stupidest thing I have ever heard) have a special place reserved for them in dudu hell :wacko: owait they usually don't affix or grind anything either :D

AkuTenshiiZero
Aug 10, 2015, 01:53 AM
The fact that people can carry at all just means the content is easy enough to complete whether or not some of the people are using bad builds or whatever. :wacko:

About the only thing in this game thus far that has, in my opinion, required any amount of team coordination is Challenge mode. Personally, I find Magatsu to be just as much of a dogpile as any other boss, with some elements of "stand here/shoot here to receive candy." Even the weakest team I've seen was able to bring down Magatsu in time.

On the main topic again, I think I will ultimately be going Te/Bo. On further inspection, Bo doesn't have any main-class skills I care about.

Also, adios, please, the elitism on display here is absurd. I'd like to think the community for this game is a little better than this.

Kondibon
Aug 10, 2015, 01:53 AM
However, those that choose to play exceedingly subpar classes/builds simply because it's not "hivemind" (honestly that is the stupidest thing I have ever heard) have a special place reserved for them in dudu hell :wacko: owait they usually don't affix or grind anything either :DDon't get me wrong, I don't like when people get all anti-conformist either, but that's just why I'm giving (or trying to give), actual advice instead of just telling people what to do in these situations.

Unless I'm too tired I guess.

On the main topic again, I think I will ultimately be going Te/Bo. On further inspection, Bo doesn't have any main-class skills I care about.Just for refrence I was playing Te/Bo yesterday with a rod for shits and giggles. So like... I'm not gonna get on your case about it, I just wanted to point it out the whole Bo/Te vs Te/Bo main class skill thing.

milranduil
Aug 10, 2015, 01:55 AM
Have you ever done 4xh magatsu

Even the weakest team I've seen was able to bring down Magatsu in time.

So the answer is no not even by a fucking mile lol.

Kondibon
Aug 10, 2015, 01:58 AM
So the answer is no not even by a fucking mile lol.I think for some people (I don't wanna say most but I can think it), just completing one or two magatsu runs is enough.

milranduil
Aug 10, 2015, 01:59 AM
crushed dreams and broken hearts :wacko:

AkuTenshiiZero
Aug 10, 2015, 02:12 AM
crushed dreams and broken hearts :wacko:

And a stellar community that I will happily avoid in the future.

My question was answered. I'm done here.

Mattykins
Aug 10, 2015, 04:02 AM
Man, I can't think of a witty reply for this. My Poe's Law sense is hella conflicted.

Ce'Nedra
Aug 10, 2015, 04:16 AM
Not everyone gets a boner from max DPS or minmax builds that can run 5 TD1s or 4 Magatsu's you know.

To each their own and if Aku wants to play this specific class combo then let him be and don't just bash him for those decisions.

Then again this is Tryhard-World where everything that isn't minmax gets bashed :wacko:

Mattykins
Aug 10, 2015, 04:46 AM
All I saw was people warning OP that his build wasn't optimal. Only time people started getting cheeky is when he started getting all 'lol ur all elitists' and quite frankly I don't fucking blame them.

Selphea
Aug 10, 2015, 05:52 AM
I'd like to try switching my build to Bo/Te, and I'm looking for clarification on how exactly the Bouncer's "auto-cast" weapon action spells work. So, in short, a few questions:

Ok I'm going to answer these questions because I don't think they were adequately answered which led to... stuff happening :wacko:

Do the weapon action spells have any relation to my actual versions of the spell? IE, does my Shifta level coincide with my Strike Gust Shifta?

This one was answered - yes

Are the weapon action Shifta and Deband effected by Techer passive skills which effect normal Shifta and Deband? IE, will the Strike Gust Shifta apply a crit rate bonus?

This one I'd like to add to. Yes, but... it's a trap! Practically every Shifta and Deband-related skill in the Techer tree has a caveat.

Deband Cut - This one does what it says it does.
Shifta Strike - Mechanically it's good. 10% multiplicative bonus is very nice. The catch is you need to be a Techer main for it to kick in.
Deband Toughness - As with Shifta Strike, nice but needs to be a Techer main to kick in.
Shifta Advance - improves your ATK by a portion of Shifta's effect, which in itself is a portion of your base ATK, which in turn makes up only a portion of your total ATK. Here's the breakdown: The average character at level 75 has around 2700 ATK, of which 900 ATK is base ATK. Vanilla Shifta will buff that ATK by 19.7%, or 177 ATK, and Shifta Advance increases Shifta's effect by 25%, which works out to 44 ATK. That will account for slightly over 1% of your final damage, at the cost of 10SP.
Deband Advance - Same as Shifta Advance
Shifta Critical - Unlike other games, critical hits do not multiply your damage. They only negate variance. Of course, "variance" is widely regarded as a scary term to be avoided at all costs, but realistically, this is what variance looks like - it's the tiny blue sliver at the very top, might be easy to miss:

http://i.imgur.com/DDFznXh.jpg

So yes, they all do work but realistically as a Bo/Te, you are looking at a combined impact of perhaps 3% to your final damage after spending 20 SP.

Is the Zanverse created by Moment Gale effected by Techer wind boosts? Does the damage increase?

Yes but as a portion of the portion by which Zanverse increases damage. So suppose you do Moment Gale, then JA into Vinto Gigue for 200k. Vanilla Zanverse ticks for 40k. Wind Mastery will give you an extra 17.6k, or 8.8% more final damage for 20 SP spent.

That's actually not too bad except most times either things die before Moment Gale ends, or Moment Gale was not the best attack to use in that situation in the first place. The spin kick lasts ages - about 6 times longer than just casting a crafted Zanverse afaik, and does low damage to boot.

So there's "yes" and there's the fine print. Hopefully this explains why people are so quick to warn against Bo/Te.

Lumpen Thingy
Aug 10, 2015, 06:47 AM
just go bo/hu or bo/fi since te as a sub sucks REALLY bad

Feyua
Aug 10, 2015, 07:18 AM
Playing sub-optimal builds is fine. It's just like playing an INT Knight I'm Ragnarok Online so you have better SP management, or an INT/VIT Wizard with a Phen Card so you can "tank" and cast. Or even a HP mage in Maplestory so you don't die that easily without Magic Guard.

It's just that you are unlikely to be accepted into groups looking for efficiency. You could even play a Fi/Fo and rod smack if you like. But as I mentioned, don't expect people to accept you into their groups.

Sayara
Aug 10, 2015, 07:39 AM
Question answered