PDA

View Full Version : Hello folks! Back and all!

Feracitus
Aug 13, 2015, 01:05 AM
Never tought this site be still around ha! i was a member here in 1999 or 2001 something like that, right during PSO1, long time sheesh! Well when pso2 was announced i was super happy, but then it never came to the west, and i got tired of waiting and decided to bite it and play on the jp servers, after much debacle i finally managed to beat the Jap sega-id boss and finally registered an account, and found this wonderfull piece of software called pso2tweaker that even tells me i can play with the game in english!!! Game is downloading patches right now (omg get done already i wanna play!) and soon i'll be joining you guys!

Quick practical question, how is the game? Enough people play it? Any particular server i'm should go for to meet people from here? Thanks all!

[Ayumi]
Aug 13, 2015, 01:16 AM
I have no clue how to respond to this other than you remind me of like 3 people I might've played with on Dreamcast.
At least by how you talk/type lol.

Halikus
Aug 13, 2015, 05:32 AM
90% of English players use Ship2, the servers are active and there are plenty of people to hunt with. Its best to join a team as the help and advice will be far better. Welcome to PSO2!

Feracitus
Aug 13, 2015, 07:43 AM
Server 2 it is! Thanks guys, hope to see you all in game and smash some stuff together!

Feracitus
Aug 13, 2015, 07:57 AM
So i'm just creating my 1st char and its asking about a friend invite system, and that i can get gifts and all, how that works? Anyone wanna be my friend? xD

Oh and how can i set the game to full screen? kinda having a hard time finding it on options!

[Ayumi]
Aug 13, 2015, 08:47 AM
Friend invite system you get free blue ark badges every 10 levels you gain. The person you add at the friend gets them as well.

If you want to add me, I can give you my friend ID as I'm never one to refuse ARKS Badges, lol.
My friend ID is: 10747394

As for full screen, if you're using PSO2tweaker, you can simply go into PSO2 options and I think it's the 3rd tab. Most that play in full screen use virtual full screeen so they can at least alt-tab if they need to. If you pick actual full screen and try to alt tab, the game will go all crazy.

Feracitus
Aug 13, 2015, 09:36 AM
ok ok! added you as friend, you better adopt me now! xD

create a char at ship2 called Arkanny! Newman Force class. Hmmm i applied the english patch but all the dialogue with npcs so far is showing in japanese! And yes i applied the story mode english patch too!

yoshiblue
Aug 13, 2015, 09:39 AM
Yeah, the english patch will do that. You need the large english patch for that, but I never used it before. So I can't tell you if its reliable or how often it will break your game.

[Ayumi]
Aug 13, 2015, 09:41 AM
The normal and large patches shouldn't break your game.
Story shouldn't either but that's the one I rarely install as sometimes as it takes so long to install.
(That and I sometimes don't need it)

Anduril
Aug 13, 2015, 09:54 AM
Also, a lot of NPC dialogue outside of cutscenes is just untranslated since it is not high priority for the translation teams.

Feracitus
Aug 13, 2015, 12:28 PM
I see, well i installed all the english packs, story, large etc. but all the dialogue of the tutorial was in japanese, not fun =(
Well i had to get to work so didnt have time to finish the tutorial yet, here's to hoping it gets better later on.

Anduril
Aug 13, 2015, 01:21 PM
I think the tutorial got untranslated when SEGA moved some files around, because I remember it was translated at one time. Also of note, some of the tutorial windows are actually images and not text boxes, so they can't actually be translated.

[Ayumi]
Aug 13, 2015, 02:19 PM
ok ok! added you as friend, you better adopt me now! xD

create a char at ship2 called Arkanny! Newman Force class. Hmmm i applied the english patch but all the dialogue with npcs so far is showing in japanese! And yes i applied the story mode english patch too!

Alright, even sent a F.Request so I can try and help with leveling or whatever else when you're on and I'm free to do so.

Feracitus
Aug 13, 2015, 06:18 PM
hey, just accepted your friend request i think lol, i left for work and left the game open, so i wasnt really here! gonna try and fix the translation thing. Whats your ign?

[Ayumi]
Aug 14, 2015, 02:14 AM
hey, just accepted your friend request i think lol, i left for work and left the game open, so i wasnt really here! gonna try and fix the translation thing. Whats your ign?

Pretty much the 5 names listed in my signature are the names you can find me on/by.

Dai-RPG
Aug 14, 2015, 02:53 AM
I'm new here as well... but welcome back! Ship 2 is the way to go, like mentioned by so many others from before :)

Zalgadas
Aug 14, 2015, 02:56 AM
Welcome back to the world of Phantasy Star. 2001 join date? That is one heck of a lurking account with so few posts :p

[Ayumi]
Aug 15, 2015, 12:02 AM
;3282647']Pretty much the 5 names listed in my signature are the names you can find me on/by.

I think you added someone else as it still shows up as pending, lol.
In friend list it should show up as the same name as the my most left character in my sig.

Feracitus
Aug 18, 2015, 08:27 PM
hmmm maybe, but it was the only friend request that poped up when i was on the pc,. ive had a few hectic days at the office, so couldnt really play much. Where can i see the friends requests to accept it?
Hey Zalgadas! yeah i do that alot lol, major lurk here, just read read read xD

Feracitus
Feb 9, 2016, 05:20 PM
ok! well real life kicked me around pretty bad and i basically couldnt play at all, moved cities lost pc and all that fun stuff. just got into a new apartment and got a new pc, so here we go again xD Just finished installing everything and am now a proud lvl 5! So if anyone wants to adopt me still, here i am!

[Ayumi]
Feb 9, 2016, 10:59 PM
How far did you get before Sega's evil creature known as the M. Tenance striking down on all?

Stealthcmc1974
Feb 10, 2016, 12:33 AM
Interesting time to get back into it, what with this "REBORN" business and all. Still, welcome.