PDA

View Full Version : Challenge mode MPA (Must have completion title)

SlN
Aug 14, 2015, 01:27 AM
start at 3pm eastern 8/14 and run all night.

Totori
Aug 14, 2015, 01:53 AM
You'll get a lot more support if you take off the must have completed title, and just coach the ones who haven't completed it.

Would love to join, but it's right when I start work ;_;

SlN
Aug 14, 2015, 02:08 AM
Just wanted constant map 10 clears.

SlN
Aug 14, 2015, 02:22 AM
Completion title means nothing. You could get a whole group of people who just got lucky with a good pug that carried them, while locking out the exact opposite.

lol why do i even bother posting

Zalgadas
Aug 14, 2015, 02:51 AM
Eh, you tried, and got called out on the ever present catch 22 in asking for the "chieve". There are people out there who have title, but are horrible players who got carried. Meanwhile there are good players who don't have the title because they either A.) Get denied by people requiring the title to join. B.) Keeping getting groups full of people who don't understand the basic concepts of the game, so they die repeatedly to simple things or don't buy challenge dolls.

My suggestion, inspect people outside the shared ships if you can.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Aug 14, 2015, 01:48 PM

You've literally become one of the worst aspects of any mmo community by demanding clear titles, and your post history does you no favors as well.

Knowing you, I should ask you why do you even bother posting here.

Xaelouse
Aug 14, 2015, 01:52 PM
You can have the title and still not know wtf you're doing

Maninbluejumpsuit
Aug 14, 2015, 01:52 PM
You can have the title and still not know wtf you're doing

Especially now more than ever since it's easier to clear with the VR change.

Selphea
Aug 14, 2015, 02:18 PM
I thought CM as one of the 8 non-roled people is really straightforward though:

Don't collect glowing green things
Don't die
If you die, have a Half Doll
Buy Vinculum units, at least one boss killing weapon (Daggers with Sympho eventually) and one ranged mobbing weapon (Launcher with Cluster Bullet). Upgrade weapons as needed.
Know where to split
Kill stuff

Maninbluejumpsuit
Aug 14, 2015, 02:42 PM
I thought CM as one of the 8 non-roled people is really straightforward though:

Don't collect glowing green things
Don't die
If you die, have a Half Doll
Buy Vinculum units, at least one boss killing weapon (Daggers with Sympho eventually) and one ranged mobbing weapon (Launcher with Cluster Bullet). Upgrade weapons as needed.
Know where to split
Kill stuff

That's 90% of it really. You forgot the part about wands, and techs though. I'd say foie, zonde, and gibarta are must-haves.

Charmeleon
Aug 14, 2015, 05:38 PM
I'd say partizan and katana are both necessary if you want fast clears. Slide Shaker clears many spawns faster than launcher can, and katana has reliable single target damage with Gekka (and mobbing with Sakura if you're lucky) which beats TD against pretty much anything except flying enemies, Ragne, Bayaribbles, and Diabo before wings break (it's great after the wings break, just spam Gekka on its leg with Wise Stance).

I've also never bought Vinc units ever; I always go with stamina sub units. If you're confident that you won't die though, Vinc units are great.

Asuka~
Aug 14, 2015, 06:06 PM
I'd say partizan and katana are both necessary if you want fast clears. Slide Shaker clears many spawns faster than launcher can, and katana has reliable single target damage with Gekka (and mobbing with Sakura if you're lucky) which beats TD against pretty much anything except flying enemies, Ragne, Bayaribbles, and Diabo before wings break (it's great after the wings break, just spam Gekka on its leg with Wise Stance).

I've also never bought Vinc units ever; I always go with stamina sub units. If you're confident that you won't die though, Vinc units are great.

Isn't Gekka on its face with Fury Stance also a good way to go around killing Vomos? :-?

Charmeleon
Aug 14, 2015, 06:11 PM
I don't think the face is a weak point for non ranged. You'll have fury stance on either way.