PDA

View Full Version : *SPOILERS THREAD* New Dark Falz + Reborn: EPISODE 4 [ Speculations, Thoughts, Ideas]

Zanverse
Aug 16, 2015, 07:35 AM
OK let's get this thread started!

First things first, I'd like to talk about the teaser for that PD Fragment battle that's coming in the fall.

1. Fragment, PD, Anga Fundarge v.2.0, whatever you want to call it, is massive. It looks mostly like a spaceship of some sort, with the same movement almost as Anga. It doesn't look like the datamined model that was found a while ago, if you ask me.

2. The intro video for Anga II is terrifyingly beautiful. It looks majestic, yet still looks like a threat to the universe. I have a question; Is that Planet Naberius that it's attacking? I guess this, along with the story, is going to explain everything with Ult. Nab. and how it came to be? Still confusing, unless that's a new planet.

3. The battle + scenery looks intense. The ship/platform that the player is on; I see a bunch of them zooming around in the background. I guess that just means all the ARKS are fighting Anga II. The background during the first segment looks like a huge Funji teleporter thing (y'know, the ones that chase the player). Then switches to a heavenly looking background. Visuals are very nice.

4. Reborn? Before anyone jumps to conclusions, think about the possibilities of what "Reborn" means. It could mean:

Rebirth of the Profound Darkness
Rebirth of the Dark Falzes
Remake of a new universe
Entering the past again

I'm leaning a lot more towards the first one. It's only logical, since, in Henrietta's pre-Falz speech that was datamined, she says that this is just a fragment of PD that we're facing. So no, I doubt this is the true PD, and that's why I just call it Anga II. :wacko:

What are your thoughts? Ideas? What did you see in that trailer? What do you think is going to happen in Episode 4?

Kilich
Aug 16, 2015, 07:38 AM
I think that the first creature is Anga. Second is actually a portal to PD's prison. And you go into the portal to stop Anga from breaking the seal.

The Walrus
Aug 16, 2015, 07:47 AM
Expecting a reborn universe personally, maybe a bad ending universe kinda thing :3

Zanverse
Aug 16, 2015, 07:47 AM
I think that the first creature is Anga. Second is actually a portal to PD's prison. And you go into the portal to stop Anga from breaking the seal.

That boss in the trailer doesn't have the same body build as Anga to actually BE Anga. Plus, if I recall, Anga isn't a fragment of Profound Darkness.

Meteor Weapon
Aug 16, 2015, 09:14 AM
Ships that's heading towards the portal thingy.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpt1/v/t1.0-9/11846662_1025997880758028_1710026765599416760_n.jp g?oh=6e28e01501de0ce97938c9b58bbe042d&oe=5684657F&__gda__=1450636287_ed000ac6a6e8488423022713a9ccaa5 0

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpt1/v/t1.0-9/11873540_1025998670757949_926037317687674396_n.jpg ?oh=30e97c9584d8db092a89d691407d189d&oe=5673D367&__gda__=1450409827_fba3885c72e4dd7fb92031ce8a7d0d6 c

I'm starting to think that Dark Falz Abyss is that thing they showed in the preview, while Profound Darkness has yet to reveal itself.

Or....PD is sealed within Naberius itself without anyone knowing.

KuroNeko77
Aug 16, 2015, 09:29 AM
OK let's get this thread started!

2. The intro video for Anga II is terrifyingly beautiful. It looks majestic, yet still looks like a threat to the universe. I have a question; Is that Planet Naberius that it's attacking? I guess this, along with the story, is going to explain everything with Ult. Nab. and how it came to be? Still confusing, unless that's a new planet.

Actually, for those that have cleared EP2, that song is "Living on like stars", the one that plays in the credits. Until now I though the lyrics were referring to Xion, but with this trailer it might have been from Matoi's POV, saying her farewell (once again) to the player character, or even both..

The one used it the trailer is cut (it uses the 2nd part), but here are the full lyrics for the curious :
[SPOILER-BOX]

What should I do for you?
What was my real wish?
The right path I can't find anymore.

I never meant to hurt you.
I hear the screaming of your silent soul.
It's true...

Living for yourself, living on like stars shining.
My heart for you is peaceful light.
Yes,everything has light and darkness,I know.
But I wanna save this world.
I'm sorry,dear...

Praying for your future.
Praying for the starlight.
It's time to let go of the past.
I do feel alone, but the story is endless.
Please don't go back to your fate.

Cause you're just like my child.
So you're my only star...

[/SPOILER-BOX]

I don't think they would randomly use the same song here (EP1 had different credits if I'm not mistaken). So I'm betting on it being PD; maybe not a fully awakened one.

Anduril
Aug 16, 2015, 11:22 AM
From its cutscene, it really looks like the Oracle ship. (Completely random and unfounded speculation) Maybe what we are fighting is like a corrupted version of Oracle from [Persona]'s timeline, kinda like a corrupted Tower or Gunship, except as more time has passed, the corruption has turned it into a full-blown "living" thing that the Profound Darkness is able to use at its direct avatar (versus the Falz being independent-minded minions).

PokeminMaster
Aug 16, 2015, 11:55 AM
Actually, it looked a lot like the Abyss model to me, especially in that very last part where the petal-shaped parts emerged (in what I assume was its battle entrance)

LonelyGaruga
Aug 16, 2015, 12:26 PM
That was clearly DpAbyss' model, yeah. On top of that, it demonstrated many of the scripts that were datamined for it, including, most prominently, the white/black color change. Interestingly, the background's difference seems to be tied to DpAbyss' color. Red spiral for white, heavenly light for black.

EDIT: Actually, looking at it again, the boss shown is pretty different from this (http://i.imgur.com/L7rw9oy.jpg). Dunno what to make of that.

Poyonche
Aug 16, 2015, 04:49 PM
The DpAbyss we had in files was unfinished.

I guess.

For Reborn : maybe we won the fight, but the damages were tremendous, the corruption on the planets (Nab, Lilli, Amdu and Vopar) greatly increased, so we have to repair all that, there was also some dead in the ARKS so ARKS have to rebirth. :wacko:

By the way when they show PD, the text says something like "Those that exceed the Dark Falz".
Also, the thing that scares me the most is that at almost every hit they take the dead alert trigger, when those noob characters have like 1200HP.

Strumner
Aug 16, 2015, 05:02 PM
I think the Reborn thing is probably linked to everything. The ARKs, the Darkers, life on other planets. All things considered, they've been fighting for a long time so maybe now we're seeing the results of everything?

Unnamed Player
Aug 16, 2015, 05:06 PM
EDIT: Actually, looking at it again, the boss shown is pretty different from this (http://i.imgur.com/L7rw9oy.jpg). Dunno what to make of that.Maybe it has multiple forms?

LonelyGaruga
Aug 16, 2015, 05:40 PM
Well, yeah, it does actually, but that's not quite what I mean. The model is unfinished, granted, but it doesn't really quite match up with what was shown in the trailer. I'm really peering at that trailer, but there's enough physical discrepancies in the shape and proportions for the white form that I don't feel comfortable saying they're the same thing, although they do both have the Anga-like structure. And then when it turns black, it looks nothing like it does in the model. And then the last second or two shows it transforming again...probably for the SPFinish script that was datamined.

Now, for sure, that was DpAbyss in the trailer, because the script is the same. Many of those attacks and the different forms match up. And for sure, that model and the textures associated with it were tied with DpAbyss as well. But the final product doesn't match the textures at all, which is very strange.

silo1991
Aug 16, 2015, 11:35 PM
i think the reborn is gonna be about us , the moment when we acquire the dark falz powers , the persona state or something like that as a result of some remanent of the profound darkness in our character

Great Pan
Aug 16, 2015, 11:57 PM
All I care is 14* drops from DP.

Qualia
Aug 17, 2015, 12:11 AM
Hoping reborn has nothing to do with the story, but rather a revamp of the game's engine.
getting tired of gross reflections and stuff vanishing like ten feet away from me. Also lol textures

But yeah, pretty stoked for PD and the rares it'll drop that will probably end up being outclassed halfway through episode 4.

Zyrusticae
Aug 17, 2015, 01:04 AM
But yeah, pretty stoked for PD and the rares it'll drop that will probably end up being outclassed halfway through episode 4.
Surprised people still care about this stuff.

Me, I'm still wielding an old Lambda Lacruico (ya, really), and I don't foresee myself obtaining an upgrade any time soon. Especially since, well, frankly, the game kind of shits all over you if you don't have premium at this level...

Kondibon
Aug 17, 2015, 01:53 AM
Surprised people still care about this stuff.

Me, I'm still wielding an old Lambda Lacruico (ya, really), and I don't foresee myself obtaining an upgrade any time soon. Especially since, well, frankly, the game kind of shits all over you if you don't have premium at this level...I'm pretty sure there are enough options for decent "welfare" gear nowadays that you could easily get something better. You can also try extending stuff.

Zyrusticae
Aug 17, 2015, 02:01 AM
I actually have an extended 2*, but its stat reqs are incredibly high and it's still not stronger than my old Lacrucio.

The bigger issue isn't even necessarily the weapon, but the units. Every unit with good affixes on the market is now 10*+. It's literally impossible to buy one without premium, so you have to make your own, which is the most tedious fucking process ever even after they increased success rates.

(I have no idea why I didn't turn in all the 10* units in my storage for passes while I still could...)

Kondibon
Aug 17, 2015, 02:05 AM
I actually have an extended 2*, but its stat reqs are incredibly high and it's still not stronger than my old Lacrucio.

The bigger issue isn't even necessarily the weapon, but the units. Every unit with good affixes on the market is now 10*+. It's literally impossible to buy one without premium, so you have to make your own, which is the most tedious fucking process ever even after they increased success rates.
I always forget katana and bow requirements are weird, sorry.

And there are plenty of decent units on the matterboard. I don't blame you for not wanting to get into affixing though.

oratank
Aug 17, 2015, 02:29 AM
The End of EPISODE3

そして、新たなる幻想が生まれる
and new fantasy will born or the word from road map begin of new legend

Reborn:EPISODE4

Kondibon
Aug 17, 2015, 02:35 AM
I'm not expecting it at all, but I'm gonna laugh if they pull a FFXIV with this.

Angry_Ryudo
Aug 17, 2015, 03:56 AM
I wonder what musical cameos will appear next.

We heard "Cry for IDOLA, the holy" in Falz arms and Olga Flow's theme in Loser's speed up fight, besides other music cameos in fields like Sanctum and Coast.

What will be next? Dulk Fakis theme? something from classic PSO? something from classic Phantasy Star? I'm intrigued...

Tyreek
Aug 17, 2015, 04:00 AM
They still have some ammo with PSO EP 3 and 4. I'm still waiting on IDOLA, The Stange Fruits to get a homage in a Falz theme.

saraishadow
Aug 17, 2015, 04:12 AM
My guess is that we'll get one more chapter and the main event (Boss) kinda like, at least with what I saw, with episode 2

Rakurai
Aug 17, 2015, 05:19 AM
Wonder what the boss of chapter 3-8 is going to be.

I'd assume 3-7's boss is PD Matoi, then the PD humanoid form.

Flaoc
Aug 17, 2015, 05:27 AM
Wonder what the boss of chapter 3-8 is going to be.

I'd assume 3-7's boss is PD Matoi, then the PD humanoid form.

could also be like 2-5 where its technically the finale of the episode and ends up being a super long story quest. if there is a 3-8 then it would be a more after the finale wrap up. ep 1 had the championship and ep2 had matoi's past

Rakurai
Aug 17, 2015, 06:41 AM
I can't imagine the episode ending on a high note, in any case.

It looks as though Naberius has been completely corrupted into its UQ state by the time you enter the final phase of the PD fight, and I don't think chasing the thing off is going to fix it.

Shinamori
Aug 17, 2015, 07:02 AM
I personally think that "Reborn" is just a codename

Zanverse
Aug 17, 2015, 07:20 AM
Reborn is just a name given to the Episode because of what's happening in the story ("rebirth" of PD) so I doubt it means anything gameplay-wise.

I wonder what musical cameos will appear next.

We heard "Cry for IDOLA, the holy" in Falz arms and Olga Flow's theme in Loser's speed up fight, besides other music cameos in fields like Sanctum and Coast.

What will be next? Dulk Fakis theme? something from classic PSO? something from classic Phantasy Star? I'm intrigued...

You're missing Magatsu. ^^ After the first wall is down, his second theme has this cameo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxDwt6H4Yi8

Chris_Chocobo
Aug 17, 2015, 08:37 AM
Man im so excited. This maybe means the end of the entire universe >_< i cant wait for the final battle

Vatallus
Aug 17, 2015, 09:34 AM
Dark Falz Abyss was only a name given to the boss because no one knew what it was. There is only one new Dark Falz boss in the files at the moment and that is Double.

The thing in the trailer isn't Profound either. It is trying to destroy Naberus which is probably part of Profound's seal. (PSIV logic?) No confirmation on that at all since the story is still developing.

The thing in the trailer is related to Anga. That was mentioned by a dev. Falz Eidolen would be a better name for it than Dark Falz Abyss was. I'm going to speculate 2 things right now. Since it is related to Anga it could be a Photon Beast created by the Dark Falz combining their powers. That is fully assuming the Falz in the trailer were the real deals and not clones by Double. When 3-6 ended we knew Double absorbed all the Falz except Persona (and Matoi) and Persona took Matoi's rod to possibly free them from Double, but since that is where the episode ended we can only speculate.

Datamined info also isn't reliable and can be changed at any moment before the update is actually added. We can use it but don't be surprised if it is wrong like it often is this early. I just hope Sega doesn't go full retard suddenly. It is way too early for Dark Falz Matoi to show up and Profound logically can't show up yet. Some of us believe Matoi might end up the host for Profound but Profound has never needed a host before. Though it wouldn't be the first time Sega has twisted their own story. PSIV had Dark Force (Falz) that could die and so did PSO Ep3 Card Revolution.

I'm just interested in what happens and I'm completely fine with being wrong. There is too many possible outcomes right now. Even more so if that thing really is related to Anga.

Searaphim
Aug 17, 2015, 09:39 AM
Me, I'm still wielding an old Lambda Lacruico (ya, really), and I don't foresee myself obtaining an upgrade any time soon. Especially since, well, frankly, the game kind of shits all over you if you don't have premium at this level...

Actually some 13 stars are easier to obtain than some 11-12 stars weapons since you can simply gather materials for them. Think Stones and CM. Premium doesn't change a thing here.

As for units, there is always a few groups now and then doing GGG Trigger runs. In 2-3 full runs you're pretty much guaranteed a full Saiki set if you use your drop boosts.

Angry_Ryudo
Aug 17, 2015, 09:59 AM
They still have some ammo with PSO EP 3 and 4. I'm still waiting on IDOLA, The Stange Fruits to get a homage in a Falz theme.

It'd be great :D

You're missing Magatsu. ^^ After the first wall is down, his second theme has this cameo: Phantasy Star Zero OST - 'IDOLA' the Imitated God - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxDwt6H4Yi8)

:o I've not heard PSZ's ost yet, wow, sounds nice.

Zyrusticae
Aug 17, 2015, 12:59 PM
Actually some 13 stars are easier to obtain than some 11-12 stars weapons since you can simply gather materials for them. Think Stones and CM. Premium doesn't change a thing here.

As for units, there is always a few groups now and then doing GGG Trigger runs. In 2-3 full runs you're pretty much guaranteed a full Saiki set if you use your drop boosts.
Affixes are too important to ignore. If you don't want to make your own affixes your only option is to buy stuff from other players, and that requires premium.

As for anything to do with groups, I have crippling social anxiety and have a very hard time joining parties out of the blue, and it's even worse when I can't be entirely sure the players I join are speaking the same language as I am...

LonelyGaruga
Aug 17, 2015, 01:02 PM
The thing in the trailer isn't Profound either. It is trying to destroy Naberus which is probably part of Profound's seal. (PSIV logic?) No confirmation on that at all since the story is still developing.

The thing in the trailer is related to Anga. That was mentioned by a dev. Falz Eidolen would be a better name for it than Dark Falz Abyss was. I'm going to speculate 2 things right now. Since it is related to Anga it could be a Photon Beast created by the Dark Falz combining their powers. That is fully assuming the Falz in the trailer were the real deals and not clones by Double. When 3-6 ended we knew Double absorbed all the Falz except Persona (and Matoi) and Persona took Matoi's rod to possibly free them from Double, but since that is where the episode ended we can only speculate.

Datamined info also isn't reliable and can be changed at any moment before the update is actually added. We can use it but don't be surprised if it is wrong like it often is this early. I just hope Sega doesn't go full retard suddenly. It is way too early for Dark Falz Matoi to show up and Profound logically can't show up yet. Some of us believe Matoi might end up the host for Profound but Profound has never needed a host before. Though it wouldn't be the first time Sega has twisted their own story. PSIV had Dark Force (Falz) that could die and so did PSO Ep3 Card Revolution.

Couple things to note here.

Double: Does not have all the powers of the Dark Falzes. Actually they only ever had their own and Apprentice's. The player and Matoi both have the ability to absorb darkers, and when they player fights Elder and Loser, they absorbed the parts of their power that Double needed to revive the Profound Darkness, which is why Elder and Loser clones are imperfect but Apprentice clones aren't. Double ends up blasting the player with both their own power and Apprentice's (I say "ends up", because Matoi is the intended target, not sure what their intention was there, possibly they knew if they aimed at the player Matoi would intercept), and Matoi removes all of the darker essence absorbed by the player and takes it on herself. In other words, Matoi is the one who has absorbed all the Dark Falzes.

Matoi and the Profound Darkness: Transformation has already been confirmed. Couple interesting things to note about her design as well. Using swiki's image here.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?plugin=attach&refer=%E7%99%BB%E5%A0%B4NPC%2F%E3%83%9E%E3%83%88%E 3%82%A4&openfile=%E3%83%9E%E3%83%88%E3%82%A4%EF%BC%88%E6%B 7%B1%E9%81%A0%E5%8C%96%EF%BC%86%E8%B6%B3%E3%81%AE% E5%BE%8C%E9%83%A8.jpg
http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?plugin=attach&refer=%E7%99%BB%E5%A0%B4NPC%2F%E3%83%9E%E3%83%88%E 3%82%A4&openfile=%E3%83%9E%E3%83%88%E3%82%A4%EF%BC%88%E6%B 7%B1%E9%81%A0%E5%8C%96%EF%BC%92.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

First is that the design seems to incorporate elements of all the darkers, although I'm not really sure on that. There's some swiki comments noting this. Shoes = toy darker, waist thingy = bird darker, scales = fish darker, bug is listed as unsure but I think it's the antennae on her head.

The more important thing to note is that, with the wings, the design strongly resembles DpAbyss, and similarly resembles Anga Fundarge for the same reasons.

Datamined Information: Although we cannot rely on some datamined information, we can fully rely on it for a few things. We know that abm and DpAbyss are related, and we know that DpAbyss and the thing in the trailer are one and the same. Although names can be changed, scripts are a much more complicated thing, and many of the scripts match up perfectly with what was shown in the trailer. Having looked at it frame by frame now, it actually does match up with the textures somewhat, although I'm still not 100% on it. At this point, though.

I'm just interested in what happens and I'm completely fine with being wrong

Basically sums up how I feel about the whole thing. I don't really feel like speculating any further because the trailer has taken everything I could hope for and did it ten times better. Whether the boss is the Profound Darkness or a fragment of it, whether it's Matoi or not, whether it's the end of the PSO2 story or not, I'm just in it for the ride here on out.

Zanverse
Aug 17, 2015, 03:19 PM
Hm... I'm actually interested in looking more into PSO2's files and stuff (particularly for music) but I have no experience with mining for data. If anyone knows how to, it'd be super appreciated if you PM me with whatever program you use, or link me to some guide.

Searaphim
Aug 17, 2015, 04:51 PM
Affixes are too important to ignore. If you don't want to make your own affixes your only option is to buy stuff from other players, and that requires premium.

You just said it yourself. Just do it! Believe in Shia! There is no paywall stopping you.

Vatallus
Aug 17, 2015, 05:05 PM
snip

The outcome was going to be bad no matter what. Matoi and the player character both possess the strength to end up being Profound Darkness. Matoi was the stronger choice and if I recall the exact reason Persona wanted her dead. Also don't get me wrong. I didn't want to save Matoi I wanted to be the enemy for once. She took my thunder... that little snot. :wacko:

Matoi after the transformation still had enough sense to retreat instead of killing us. So story wise how long is it going to take for her to lose all of herself. (I think its called Reborn: EPISODE 4 because its talking about Profound so I suppose EP4 is when Profound will be in full force) I can still be wrong.

I'm just glad to be moving on with the story. Episode 3 felt a bit dragged out.

Poyonche
Aug 17, 2015, 05:27 PM
->I suppose EP4 is when Profound will be in full force

I agree with this, if the Henrietta's speech will be used for this fight, we will be fighting a fragment (or fighting to prevent a fragment to be released, I forgot). So it may just be a "This is 28% of its power, but it is kicking ur ass. <3"

Edit : Here is the speech, if a good japanese speaker can translate this. :wacko:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0xdgfw7zte8clbo/11_sound_voice_navi06.rar?dl=0

Stickboy
Aug 17, 2015, 06:03 PM
persona seems to want the profound darkness power 'cuz he still pursues the friggin' rod

Kondibon
Aug 17, 2015, 06:14 PM
persona seems to want the profound darkness power 'cuz he still pursues the friggin' rod
We have no idea what Persona wants Clarissa for, which is why I hope the story goes into it.

LonelyGaruga
Aug 17, 2015, 06:34 PM
I went through the trailer frame by frame with a video editing program and took a bunch of screenshots of DpAbyss for anyone interested. Since everything goes a little quickly it might be difficult to make some things out when normally watching, particularly in the fight sequences.

CG scene (http://imgur.com/a/UZymy)
Fight (http://imgur.com/a/UCeOg)

And trailer (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcJAW-PtqMM) for context/comparison uses.

Zanverse
Aug 17, 2015, 06:49 PM
Yep. That is definitely not the model from the datamined files... Something is incredibly off.

If that model was found with the movesets that are clearly shown in the trailer... It could only mean that the model must have been misplaced, maybe. I don't know. My brain hurts.

NOTE: This looks like Anga's 13* Rod weapon. [SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/rJqgQTg.png [/SPOILER-BOX]

Rupikachu
Aug 17, 2015, 06:57 PM
We have no idea what Persona wants Clarissa for, which is why I hope the story goes into it.

Which is somewhat strange, except persona breaks the clarissa and forges its own weapon (who knows, it's sega), only matoi/personchosenbyclarissa would be able to use it right?

So...maybe persona is actually a non asshole Matoi that lets you keep the pretty outfit and evil god powers in her universe.

Flaoc
Aug 17, 2015, 07:19 PM
well i mean if u notice in the trailer.. profound darkness keeps evolving.. even at the last slide its still evolving getting stronger (and the model changes) meh who knows probably not thinking right with headache going on but i do think profound will change forms throughout the fight getting stronger every time

Poyonche
Aug 17, 2015, 07:44 PM
Maybe it will be a questbattle which as 3 phases ? (A little different from Luther normal/red/blue background)

1st phase : We fight it, on the Platform, PD is white, the background is black with the funji like thing.
2nd phase : PD reach a certain % of HP (60 or 50%), it goes up (like in the trailer), background turn white, PD turn a little black // Other idea : We are getting closer and closer to Naberius, the corruption is greatly increasing
3rd phase : PD reach a certain % of HP (30 or 25%), background is still white, it does the evolution as shown in the trailer // We are dangerously approaching Naberius, the planet is close to its destruction, [PD begin to be really serious -> this in the both case]

Meteor Weapon
Aug 17, 2015, 08:13 PM
So...maybe persona is actually a non asshole Matoi that lets you keep the pretty outfit and evil god powers in her universe.
I thought we've confirmed that Persona is the future alternate of us.

PokeminMaster
Aug 17, 2015, 09:31 PM
...It was intentional, I know, but I feel like I should point out the "eyes" on that thing while it's in space look like Rykros from PSU and the PSPo series lol

Meteor Weapon
Aug 17, 2015, 10:15 PM
Rykros was already a thing in Phantasy Star 4, albeit different in looks.

LonelyGaruga
Aug 17, 2015, 10:16 PM
Here are the scripts Mae datamined. Kept the sorting I did but cut my old comments on them.

DpAbyssAInjuryA
DpAbyssALaserL
DpAbyssALaserS
DpAbyssABind
DpAbyssABindA
Bind1
DpAbyssAInjury

DpAbyssBSuctionBite
DpAbyssBBite
DpAbyssBShout

DpAbyssCHold
DpAbyssCHoldTrigger
DpAbyssC1HoldTrigger
C1HoldSuccess
DpAbyssCHoldThrow
DpAbyssC2HoldTrigger
C2HoldSuccess
DpAbyssCAttack

DpAbyssDSickle
DpAbyssDAttack
eff_bs_abs_d_hit01.aqe
DpAbyssDSlashWave

DpAbyssWingShotTest
DpAbyssBudTrap
DpAbyssBudBeam
DpAbyssTailStick
DpAbyssTail
DpAbyssBitLaser
DpAbyssShip
DpAbyssWave
DpAbyssRush
DpAbyssSlap
DpAbyssClap
DpAbyssSlash
DpAbyssWall
ob_0393_0001
DpAbyssEnergyShot
DpAbyssEnergyBlade
DpAbyssSPAttack
DpAbyss:SPAttack
DpAbyssSPFinish

DpAbyssLow
DpAbyss:Low
DpAbyssLowEnd
DpAbyssBlackEnd
DpAbyssBlack
DpAbyss:Black
DpAbyssWhiteEnd
DpAbyss:White
DpAbyssMiddle
DpAbyss:Middle
DpAbyssMiddleEnd
DpAbyssHigh
DpAbyss:High
DpAbyssNoDamageEnd
DpAbyss:NoDamage[/spoiler-box]

I think I understand what the A/B/C/D designation is now. Those are the different parts that act on their own in the battle. A is that eye that shoots lasers, B is that clawed mouth, C is the skull thing with claws that look like horns, and D are the two sickles.

Anyway, the scripts for WhiteEnd and BlackEnd made me think that the Profound Darkness switches between the two forms, but that's not necessarily the case. As for what it was doing at the very end of the trailer, I suspect that was the beginning of SPAttack.

Anyway, some image comparisons.
[SPOILER-BOX]Ares Rod/Wand? The number of petals are even the same.
http://i.imgur.com/nJwvf4E.png
http://mmoloda.com/pso2/image/47137.jpg
http://blog-imgs-71.fc2.com/e/m/e/emeraldwolf972/pso20141126_012208_033.jpg
http://livedoor.blogimg.jp/rekimemory/imgs/0/8/0825fc38.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
[SPOILER-BOX]Does this really look like Mothership? I...guess...
http://i.imgur.com/y6QR6CX.png
http://pso2pedia.net/wiki/images/4/4e/%E3%83%9E%E3%82%B6%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B7%E3%83%83%E3%8 3%97.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

And browsing Anga pictures, I found some concept art posts and some interesting comparisons with concept arts for Helix and [S]Ajax Aias (wtf why translate it to Ajax)
[SPOILER-BOX]Source (https://twitter.com/ks_aya/media)
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CMgVnCGU8AAwoxw.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CMgVn3ZVAAEfY45.png
Source (http://ameblo.jp/carmillainpso2/entry-12062707194.html)
http://ameblo.jp/carmillainpso2/image-12062707194-13398508341.html

Source (http://ameblo.jp/sega-psblog/entry-11266169191.html) (Reposted by the Twitter guy)
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B24YvdHCQAEpsVb.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B24Yvi9CcAAxT8B.jpg

Note Aias' cores on the shoulders. They're a perfect match for the cores in Anga's shoulders and the ones inside the bits (the bits just have a color change). Also interesting to note is that, on closer inspection, it would appear that Matoi's new shoes have Anga bits on the heels, and do not take cues from toy darkers.[/SPOILER-BOX]

And lastly, I realized that since all the PB names are Greek, Anga Fundarge most likely is also named in Greek. In retrospect, should have thought of that sooner since Ares weapons. So I tried finding out what it meant. Although I didn't find anything for Fundarge that made sense, I did find something for Anga.

It means angel (wow so shocking). An alternate meaning for it is messenger of God.

PokeminMaster
Aug 17, 2015, 10:32 PM
Do you think the Profound Darkness will get an opening based on it? I feel like it is quite likely, due to the upcoming release of the PlayStation 4 version, since I believe the Vita version brought the second opening with it... I can't even imagine how epic it would turn out; though perhaps I'm just getting too excited for something so unimportant, idk

Maenara
Aug 17, 2015, 10:34 PM
And lastly, I realized that since all the PB names are Greek, Anga Fundarge most likely is also named in Greek. In retrospect, should have thought of that sooner since Ares weapons. So I tried finding out what it meant. Although I didn't find anything for Fundarge that made sense, I did find something for Anga.

It means angel (wow so shocking). An alternate meaning for it is messenger of God.

Fundarge might be an intentionally bastardized spelling of a Greek word. Look for similarly-spelled words in Greek.

Kondibon
Aug 17, 2015, 10:42 PM
I'm pretty sure THIS part (the thing flying from the big purple glow) is the mothership, and that giant flower eye flower is some sort of portal or something.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/l7eY2vW.png[/SPOILER-BOX]
Note the sphere with the glowing bit in the center. I don't see how it couldn't be the corrupted mother ship.

EDIT: on that note the thing they fought in the trailer, and the datamined models both look similar to the mothership. I didn't say anything about it back when the model was shown because I felt it was too much of a stretch but it might actually mean something.

LonelyGaruga
Aug 17, 2015, 11:12 PM
Fundarge might be an intentionally bastardized spelling of a Greek word. Look for similarly-spelled words in Greek.

Wow pls no, haven't I done enough. Someone else do this for a change!

I'm pretty sure THIS part (the thing flying from the big purple glow) is the mothership, and that giant flower eye flower is some sort of portal or something.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/l7eY2vW.png[/SPOILER-BOX]
Note the sphere with the glowing bit in the center. I don't see how it couldn't be the corrupted mother ship.

Pretty sure that's PD actually, just shown from below. Some CG and gameplay comparisons.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/l7eY2vW.png
http://i.imgur.com/dJpSnLS.png
http://i.imgur.com/dUWJGQ3.png
http://i.imgur.com/KCCfBUW.png
http://i.imgur.com/OsZ6rEr.png
http://i.imgur.com/m7fgF6z.png
http://i.imgur.com/dFpA4Ng.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

It's more clear when you view it from the side.

Kondibon
Aug 17, 2015, 11:18 PM
Pretty sure that's PD actually, just shown from below. Some CG and gameplay comparisons.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/l7eY2vW.png
http://i.imgur.com/dJpSnLS.png
http://i.imgur.com/dUWJGQ3.png
http://i.imgur.com/KCCfBUW.png
http://i.imgur.com/OsZ6rEr.png
http://i.imgur.com/m7fgF6z.png
http://i.imgur.com/dFpA4Ng.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

It's more clear when you view it from the side.Well the reason I say it's probably the mothership is because that rough looking core with a glowing center surrounded by giant petal like objects is one of the defining features of the mothership.

I mean hell, it could be both (like I said in my edit, that was what I was originally thinking, that PD used the mothership as a body). The only thing about that that doesn't make sense is the scale and I wouldn't be surprised if they find some way to get around that because photons.

EDIT: actually if you think about it, the mothership was meant as a vessel for Xion, and the PD was a failed artificial Xion. It would make perfect sense for it to use the corrupted mothership.

Meteor Weapon
Aug 17, 2015, 11:22 PM
We could be fighting bits of that Profound Shipness, which could explain it's small size and the main dish has yet to be shown.

LonelyGaruga
Aug 18, 2015, 12:00 AM
Well the reason I say it's probably the mothership is because that rough looking core with a glowing center surrounded by giant petal like objects is one of the defining features of the mothership.

EDIT: actually if you think about it, the mothership was meant as a vessel for Xion, and the PD was a failed artificial Xion. It would make perfect sense for it to use the corrupted mothership.

Worth pointing out that the structural points apply equally to Anga Fundarge (glowing central core surrounded by petals), except its petals are facing the same direction as what's in the CG, whereas Mothership's face the inverse direction. Similar colors across Anga, Matoi, and the CG entity, too.

Since Anga, PD, and Mothership all are connected, it makes sense for the design elements to be similar across them all, but I don't really see why PD would be piloting the Mothership here, especially since what's shown in the CG so closely resembles the boss, which clearly isn't a ship. Some small design elements being carried across like this makes sense, like how there's a central chest core for [Elder], Falz Hunar, and Dark Falz [Elder], or how Luther, Falz Angel, and Dark Falz Loser all have a tailcoat. But it doesn't seem reasonable to believe core surrounded by petals = Mothership.

Kondibon
Aug 18, 2015, 12:23 AM
Worth pointing out that the structural points apply equally to Anga Fundarge (glowing central core surrounded by petals), except its petals are facing the same direction as what's in the CG, whereas Mothership's face the inverse direction. Similar colors across Anga, Matoi, and the CG entity, too.

Since Anga, PD, and Mothership all are connected, it makes sense for the design elements to be similar across them all, but I don't really see why PD would be piloting the Mothership here, especially since what's shown in the CG so closely resembles the boss, which clearly isn't a ship. Some small design elements being carried across like this makes sense, like how there's a central chest core for [Elder], Falz Hunar, and Dark Falz [Elder], or how Luther, Falz Angel, and Dark Falz Loser all have a tailcoat. But it doesn't seem reasonable to believe core surrounded by petals = Mothership.It has more to do with how the core looks in relation to everything else about the design, or the design as a whole actually, but that could just be the video quality messing with me. I guess it doesn't matter.

NoobSpectre
Aug 18, 2015, 01:50 AM
Maybe it will be a questbattle which as 3 phases ? (A little different from Luther normal/red/blue background)

1st phase : We fight it, on the Platform, PD is white, the background is black with the funji like thing.
2nd phase : PD reach a certain % of HP (60 or 50%), it goes up (like in the trailer), background turn white, PD turn a little black // Other idea : We are getting closer and closer to Naberius, the corruption is greatly increasing
3rd phase : PD reach a certain % of HP (30 or 25%), background is still white, it does the evolution as shown in the trailer // We are dangerously approaching Naberius, the planet is close to its destruction, [PD begin to be really serious -> this in the both case]

Or maybe like this:
1st phase: Mount AIS and Fight Corrupted AIS, Break Apart corrupted ship and Airplane and possibly weaken Mothership (yeah dun worry about our armada, they're useless, see Elder Fight.)
2nd phase: Mothership marathon all over, or we can have some nice marathon like Double's own version of Darker's Den.
3rd phase: That PV of episode 4, platform fight against that Anga or Flower or Wadever its called.

Maybe 1st or 2nd is mixed up in first half for players to choose, in a parameter like Loser or Magatsu runs, but with variance:
1) Need certain amount of percentage to engage 3rd phase
2) If initial phase exceeds a percentage, Final boss fight atk/def/hp (maybe one or more) power down by 20%.
3) Surplus of percentage (more than 100%) also counted as boost (tri or rdb)

Might or might not be possible, since Sega.

Anyways, OP5 better have AIS in sight, since that RaCast which hovers while shooting (which not possible in game) is gone. But still... Sega

Rakurai
Aug 18, 2015, 06:00 AM
I'm assuming Double is probably involved in the whole Naberius corruption plan, and getting them out of the way is going to be the first phase of the EQ.

Mostly because I can't imagine them releasing two separate boss EQs in such a small span of time.

bardiche
Aug 18, 2015, 02:48 PM
->I suppose EP4 is when Profound will be in full force

I agree with this, if the Henrietta's speech will be used for this fight, we will be fighting a fragment (or fighting to prevent a fragment to be released, I forgot). So it may just be a "This is 28% of its power, but it is kicking ur ass. <3"

Edit : Here is the speech, if a good japanese speaker can translate this. :wacko:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0xdgfw7zte8clbo/11_sound_voice_navi06.rar?dl=0

Doesn't reveal much besides the urgency of the fight and a few things might be off due to ear-only but here:

"The way to the Profound Darkness has been opened. The only objective remaining is to bring down that massive target."

"There are no more detailed instructions or orders. Please fight with composure and make correct judgements without fail. You have to... absolutely."

Poyonche
Aug 18, 2015, 02:55 PM
"The way to the Profound Darkness has been opened"

This is somehow a proof that PD will have a pre-fight, which could be Castle Double (castle, gates, king inside the castle etc...)

I'll try to find other voice files.

Zanverse
Aug 18, 2015, 02:59 PM
^ Profound Darkness deconfirmed. I'm almost certain that this new entity is NOT a Falz, but just another, more powerful Anga. I'm code-naming it Atlus Fragmen (Latin for "Deep/Huge Piece" or "Profound Fragment". :wacko:)

Mattykins
Aug 18, 2015, 03:01 PM
How has anything they've said deconfirmed the possibility of that being PD?

Zanverse
Aug 18, 2015, 03:05 PM
How has anything they've said deconfirmed the possibility of that being PD?

"The way to the Profound Darkness has been opened. The only objective remaining is to bring down that massive target."

Massive Target = Atlus Fragmen

Mattykins
Aug 18, 2015, 03:07 PM
I... still don't get what you're getting at. The remaining objective is to bring down that massive target that we just opened the way to i.e. the Profound Darkness. It's pretty straightforward.

Poyonche
Aug 18, 2015, 03:09 PM
Anyway this thing is more powerful than a Falz, the moonrunes in the trailer say so. :wacko:

Zanverse
Aug 18, 2015, 03:13 PM
The EQ is a 2-Phaser, just like all the other ones. Double being the Apos/Arms, Atlus being the actual boss.

Those voice clips are for BEFORE the fight, not after the fight. To get to the Profound Darkness, you must take down that massive target. The massive target being Atlus Fragmen, or whatever you want to call him. I don't see how they could be referring to PD if clearly the clips state that it's a beast that's guarding the gate.

EDIT: Or I could be totally wrong and this could be referring to Doucastle. :wacko: Were those voice clips in the files for Castle or Anga II/Atlus?

Poyonche
Aug 18, 2015, 03:17 PM
I blame Henrietta for being so enigmatic. :wacko:

Also I lost the way to the operator chatter files, so I can't datamine anything, sorry. :wacko:

LonelyGaruga
Aug 18, 2015, 03:39 PM
"The way to the Profound Darkness has been opened. The only objective remaining is to bring down that massive target.""

In this context, "that" is the Profound Darkness.

Anduril
Aug 18, 2015, 03:45 PM
I just had a terrifying thought. What if EP.4 "Mighty Max"-es us? Like even if we "beat" the PD, it just sends us back to the beginning of the story, New Game+ style. Ep. 4 then being an alternate version of Ep. 1 but with new options and paths since the character has already lived it before.

Rain Walker
Aug 19, 2015, 09:45 AM
I'm expecting Matoi as a key to open the sealed profound darkness because you know

Rupikachu
Aug 19, 2015, 11:02 AM
I thought we've confirmed that Persona is the future alternate of us.

I don't remember any official confirmation aside that it looked like you. (Which could be an ability, considering that quna blades make her invisible, it should be feasible).

In this context, "that" is the Profound Darkness.

Considering that

a) PD is just a fullfledged copycat Xion (unlike lu's mothership which was more of a corpse than anything).
b) In the fight pdfight you seem traveling on top of a rectangle shaped thing to a place.

I'm guessing that

1.- You fight double ( i still think thats going to be another eq)
2.- Parties fight the PDAbyss that defend the place while you're approaching the planet. (btw..code abyss wasn't the defend the mothership at all costs thing? Aren't the pdangas are called pdabyss?)
3?.- How do you kill a planet?

Also...i wonder what happens with Luther. He's technically inside Double, knows how to get out from inside. If Double gets defeated does it return to the PD, putting him inside the PD?

LonelyGaruga
Aug 19, 2015, 12:07 PM
Pretty sure Xiao said that Persona was identical to the player by checking something (I don't remember but it was probably related to photons). Persona's dialogue also enforces the idea that they've had at least some of the same experiences.

For the DpAbyss, the ship that the player is fighting on looks like it's just an ARKS ship. Can see a bunch of similar ships flying around in the background when it's black. I don't know what a "pdanga" is. DpAbyss isn't a planet.

About Luther, although he knows a way out, he says that it requires the use of Clarissa, and that it only works for ARKS members, which is one reason for him staying behind (the other being that he's convinced the PD is going to destroy the universe). So he's confirmed stuck there for now. Anything else can't be confirmed.

RibbonSoft
Aug 19, 2015, 12:13 PM
(btw..code abyss wasn't the defend the mothership at all costs thing? Aren't the pdangas are called pdabyss?)

Code: Abyss is when ARKS fight the player character. It is the only time when that Emergency Code appears. I know, I just re-did this chapter with my new main.

Angry_Ryudo
Aug 19, 2015, 01:25 PM
Code: Abyss is when ARKS fight the player character. It is the only time when that Emergency Code appears. I know, I just re-did this chapter with my new main.

slightly OFFTOPIC: When that code popped and saw the TARGET icon in my character my first thought was "t-this mission is not for me" and was funny to hear the "fail" sound when all ARKS were defeated. That was a nice one for the story mode, not just "clear area - hear the characters".

Vatallus
Aug 19, 2015, 02:41 PM
Persona could be us. Persona could also not be us. Matoi died in the other timeline so that only left us to become Profound Darkness due to everything failing.

Now I can't read moonrunes so my info would be 2nd hand from someone else that can. Persona wanted Matoi dead to prevent this from possibly happening. I don't believe it is mentioned until somewhere in EP3 that we (the player) could become Profound Darkness, also this ended up happening in Persona's timeline.

The thing is Profound Darkness has never needed a host until now. Profound Darkness was just the darkness that was pushed out of The Great Light. Though if that is anything to go by then Profound Darkness would have to be a being of pure hatred and darkness. Due to this twist in Sega's own story anything could happen after this. No theory is wrong really.

If Persona is us, but if the other us become Profound Darkness, then Persona could be a shard of emotions pushed out of us during the transformation.

Which would also mean a shard of Matoi's being could become its own thing whenever Matoi fully falls undercontrol of hatred and darkness.

However if Persona is us by some chance, or a shard of us, I would honestly not be surprised if Sega makes a full Episode over him where we do everything Persona does in the story. Even now Persona seems to know what is going on.

.. For all we know Matoi isn't even Profound Darkness and won't become it. She still had some self -awareness after changing.

tl;dr - Persona is still a wild card. Persona could be us, Persona could of just copied us. Maybe copying is his power. Maybe he is a shard of us from another timeline assuming what I am told is right and the other timeline we became Profound Darkness instead due to events. (Matoi already being dead and everything in the story failing instead of being sucesses)

I also talk too much and should really go do something else with my time.

RibbonSoft
Aug 19, 2015, 03:14 PM
slightly OFFTOPIC: When that code popped and saw the TARGET icon in my character my first thought was "t-this mission is not for me" and was funny to hear the "fail" sound when all ARKS were defeated. That was a nice one for the story mode, not just "clear area - hear the characters".

ikr? lol

Seriously, though, I still think it may have interesting implications for the story. Especially if they use Code: Abyss when you face the Profound Darkness. I still think there are some things that we don't know yet about the player character either; like how we learned about being able to absorb Darker energy like Matoi.

I can see another wham chapter coming up here with the final battle and for Episode 4.

Rupikachu
Aug 19, 2015, 03:48 PM
ikr? lol

Seriously, though, I still think it may have interesting implications for the story. Especially if they use Code: Abyss when you face the Profound Darkness. I still think there are some things that we don't know yet about the player character either; like how we learned about being able to absorb Darker energy like Matoi.

I can see another wham chapter coming up here with the final battle and for Episode 4.

Just rechecked the story part. Not exactly. The abyss was the Regius Geass thing (that was what i was refering to). In the 2.5 mission they mention abyss a few times but somehow its mistranslated as "avis".

What i originally meant is that "Abyss" is like the defcon 1 equivalent from photoners. Since they built both the Arks/Mothership and Profund Darkness it does kind of make sense the "fragments" that are defending the place are called Abyss. + It clearly shows you're flying using the platform to some place. Which i guess its the real PD.

Also PDAnga => Dpabyss. Which knowing how terribly bad sega internally names things dpabyss could be dark profund abyss.

Pretty sure Xiao said that Persona was identical to the player by checking something (I don't remember but it was probably related to photons). Persona's dialogue also enforces the idea that they've had at least some of the same experiences.

I've only seen this https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/69084784/2015-08-19%40%2020.27.10.png

But then Matoi goes saying how could i have been fooled by such a cheap trick?

Edit also Persona can't be the MC for a simple reason: You stall him with a half broken gunslash...a gunslash!

RibbonSoft
Aug 19, 2015, 04:11 PM
Just rechecked the story part. Not exactly. The abyss was the Regius Geass thing (that was what i was refering to). In the 2.5 mission they mention abyss a few times but somehow its mistranslated as "avis".

While I don't know Japanese, I did research into this. The characters 絶対令 is for an absolute order. This is based upon the characters used as per the Jisho.org dictionary. I'm assuming the Romanization is supposed to be "Abyss" but it only represents an absolute order. I don't know if "Avis" was a mistake for the spelling or if it was intended. Someone may need to ask the translation team for the answer.

An actual abyss is translated as 深淵. Isn't these the characters used for the Profound Darkness?

EDIT: 1 Oh and the reason I mention there might still be more to the player character as well because there is still the file "DpAbyssChar ProtagonistEnemy enemy/en_dp_abyss_char.ice" and a few things that don't add up in the story (that could be SEGA just screwing it up though).

Then again, it could be something unused. I hear SEGA is bad at deleting unused assets in their files, lol.

EDIT 2: I just discovered that Avis may not entirely be inaccurate. Avis is French for "notification", a "demand", or "notice". I don't know in what context however, so I could be wrong. We really need the translation team to clear this one up.

EDIT 3: Found some context, e.g. "avis de deces" which is death notice. There are a few other uses as well. This might be a coincidence however. I could be totally, totally wrong since I'm not that good at languages, lol.

LonelyGaruga
Aug 19, 2015, 04:26 PM
*snip*

The Profound Darkness' origin is completely different in PSO2 compared to PSIV. PSO2's Profound Darkness is an artificially created entity designed by the photoners in imitation of Xion in order to create an omniscient being. It was corrupted due to negative emotions present in the photoners during the process, which influenced the photons. Photons are manipulated by thought, intent, emotion, etc.

So far, no Dark Falz has been shown without a host in PSO2, and in PSIV, none of the Dark Falzes had hosts in the first place. The nature of the Dark Falzes between the games differs quite heavily, and the only real thing they have in common is being created by the Profound Darkness. It's safe to assume that the Profound Darkness can use a host at the very least, whether or not it could exist without one. Although having a host appears to be the rule, the question remains of whether the Dark Falzes had hosts when they were created or not, and similarly, whether the Profound Darkness did or not. This is information that isn't known.

The most important thing to note about Persona is that they say that they witnessed the Profound Darkness destroy the universe. Can Persona be the Profound Darkness? It seems strange to refer to it as a third person if they themselves were the Profound Darkness, although this could be deliberately misleading. Can Persona be a fragment of the player after they became the Profound Darkness? This does not seem likely because the Profound Darkness is not established to function like that in this game.

What makes Persona most likely to be the player is that they confirm that they blame the player for the universe being destroyed, and in 3-1 confirms some level of overlap in the player's actions with their own actions in the past. It really doesn't make sense for this to be anything else, although I must confess that I like the concept of Persona's face and possibly even their personality not even being their real one. With a name like Persona, it's only appropriate to live up to it in full.

Lastly on Persona, we have no idea what happened with Matoi in Persona's own timeline. It could very well be that Matoi did indeed become the Profound Darkness in Persona's own timeline, and by attempting to kill her in the current timeline, Persona intended to avert the Profound Darkness' awakening. All we know about Persona's timeline is that Persona has some similar experiences to the player and that the Profound Darkness destroyed their universe. The events could have gone completely differently, or they could be identical save for Persona's own interference in the player's timeline, or a composite of the two. We don't really know, and truthfully, I don't think we will find out, either, although I would like to say I want this very much. In some ways, Persona resembles F/SN Archer and other similar characters. Persona's the type of character whose story is more suitable as either something for the players to imagine for themselves or covered in a separate material entirely, such as the artwork books.

Now for the last thing to note. When Matoi first transforms, her personality is the same. However, when she remembers the events of 10 years ago and that she saved Sara, she grows her wings. Whether there's a tie to this or not is unclear, but it would appear that the transformation is a gradual process that is changing her. Although Matoi did seem to be in control of herself at the time she left, it appears most likely that it's only temporary.

Also PDAnga => Dpabyss. Which knowing how terribly bad sega internally names things dpabyss could be dark profund abyss.

I've only seen this https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/69084784/2015-08-19%40%2020.27.10.png

But then Matoi goes saying how could i have been fooled by such a cheap trick?

Edit also Persona can't be the MC for a simple reason: You stall him with a half broken gunslash...a gunslash!

DP is the Dark Falz naming designation, all things related to Dark Falzes are named DP. For some reason it's ph instead of f. Just go with it.

Far as I can tell Xiao does indeed confirm Persona is a time traveled version of the protagonist then. Matoi's dialogue is most likely unrelated.

Persona being so weak honestly bugs me greatly and is probably the biggest single problem I have with the character. Both in story and in gameplay.

An actual abyss is translated as 深淵. Isn't these the characters used for the Profound Darkness?

EDIT: 1 Oh and the reason I mention there might still be more to the player character as well because there is still the file "DpAbyssChar ProtagonistEnemy enemy/en_dp_abyss_char.ice" and a few things that don't add up in the story (that could be SEGA just screwing it up though).

深淵 is abyss, but the Profound Darkness is written as 深遠なる闇. When written as pronounced, however, 深淵 and 深遠 are pronounced the same way, shin'en. The only difference is the second character.

And thanks for reminding about ProtagonistEnemy, completely forgot that existed.

Poyonche
Aug 19, 2015, 05:20 PM
Wonder what ProtagonistEnemy would mean in files and in SEGA's dictionary.

Icis
Aug 19, 2015, 08:53 PM
I keep seeing people say the Photoners "created" a Profound Darkness or something, but I never saw a single hint of this in the game. Can someone show me where this is from?

Meteor Weapon
Aug 19, 2015, 09:13 PM
Luther explains it in Episode 3 Story Quest Chapter 5

Kondibon
Aug 19, 2015, 09:28 PM
DP is the Dark Falz naming designation, all things related to Dark Falzes are named DP. For some reason it's ph instead of f. Just go with it. It's because of the whole Dark Phallus thing. It apparently stuck, like how we call it Dark Falz even though that's not the correct romanization either :wacko:

Far as I can tell Xiao does indeed confirm Persona is a time traveled version of the protagonist then. Matoi's dialogue is most likely unrelated. Do you remember where this was? I'm curious.

Persona being so weak honestly bugs me greatly and is probably the biggest single problem I have with the character. Both in story and in gameplay.This is what bothers me the most about Persona as well. Of course if what I think is happening is happening it would make sense for them to not actually want to kill us, just make it seem like they do.

EDIT: of course I also have a theory that persona isn't an individual, but there's not much basis for that.

RibbonSoft
Aug 19, 2015, 09:41 PM
It's because of the whole Dark Phallus thing. It apparently stuck, like how we call it Dark Falz even though that's not the correct romanization either :wacko:

Actually, someone was telling me that Falz is probably the closest Romanization we can get. The reason being is that if it was actually Dark Force, it would have been Da a ku - Fo o su because Foosu is force in Japanese. They pointed this out with the katakana in the game. However, Falz isn't spelled this way. It's spelled Da a ku - Fa ru su. English "r's" apparently are usually pronounced with a long vowel even though this person was telling me that isn't always the case, but that's what the common Romanization is. For example, the translators call the ocean planet "Vopar" but it is more accurate to call it Vopal because it is spelled Vo pa ru. If it was Vopar, it would be spelled Vo pa a.

What the actual Romanization is for Dark Falz, who knows? That would require asking the one who created Dark Falz, Rieko Kodama (I think that's her name), the one who started the Phantasy Star franchise in the first place.

Kondibon
Aug 19, 2015, 09:52 PM
Actually, someone was telling me that Falz is probably the closest Romanization we can get. The reason being is that if it was actually Dark Force, it would have been Da a ku - Fo o su because Foosu is force in Japanese. They pointed this out with the katakana in the game. However, Falz isn't spelled this way. It's spelled Da a ku - Fa ru su. English "r's" apparently are usually pronounced with a long vowel even though this person was telling me that isn't always the case, but that's what the common Romanization is. For example, the translators call the ocean planet "Vopar" but it is more accurate to call it Vopal because it is spelled Vo pa ru. If it was Vopar, it would be spelled Vo pa a.

What the actual Romanization is for Dark Falz, who knows? That would require asking the one who created Dark Falz, Rieko Kodama (I think that's her name), the one who started the Phantasy Star franchise in the first place.If you listen to the way it's said out loud, they're clearly saying "Dark Force" though.

The thing about translating, transliterating, and romanizing is that, the languages aren't perfectly compatible anyway. It's less about trying to emulate what they said exactly, and more about figuring out what they were TRYING to say.

EDIT: just to be clear, I don't think Dark Falz is wrong, I just don't think it was ever what was originally intended. But I guess there's an argument to be made about the original creation of the name. That doesn't sit well with me though because even if that was the original, it's VERY clearly Force now (https://youtu.be/7UExuUhRjlo?t=1m).

Zanverse
Aug 19, 2015, 10:34 PM
A lot of the Dark Falz EQ announcements pronounce it as "Da a ku Fa ru su".... Either that, or I'm just hearing it wrongly.

Meteor Weapon
Aug 19, 2015, 10:36 PM
I'm hearing it Falz (Fa ru zu) no matter how many times I tried hearing, even Force was pronounced as "Foo su" in japanese

LonelyGaruga
Aug 19, 2015, 10:45 PM
It's because of the whole Dark Phallus thing. It apparently stuck, like how we call it Dark Falz even though that's not the correct romanization either :wacko:

Do you remember where this was? I'm curious.

Chapter 2-6. The image that was linked earlier in the thread.

Also, about Dark Falz, ダークファルス = Dāku Farusu, and the pronunciation matches this. The u at the end of Dāku and Farusu is silent. What bugs me about ファルス, which is indeed how phallus is written, is that farce is written the same way, and having phallus as a name is just...what. But farce doesn't make any sense here either, and it's French anyway. It's definitely not フォース (Fōsu, or Force), and ファルズ (Faruzu) seems like how it would be written if Falz was the intended name. Could it simply be a typographical error that's been carried on? I don't know. What really bugs me, though, is that Japanese doesn't have a kana for ph sounds, and it's written as DF in their advertisements! So there's no consistency about this.

Basically, the intended meaning is just too much trouble for me to try to figure out, and I'm grateful I don't have the glorious job of trying to figure out whether or not it's Dark Phallus. But since it's been said...

Apprentice, girl Double, are you two hiding something!?

Kondibon
Aug 19, 2015, 11:07 PM
Could it simply be a typographical error that's been carried on? I don't know. What really bugs me, though, is that Japanese doesn't have a kana for ph sounds, and it's written as DF in their advertisements! So there's no consistency about this. I was just trying to explain where the DP came from in the first place. :P It's just an old translation for it that never stuck officially. for obvious reasons. I don't think there's any meaning in the inconsistency other than "This is data stuff that no one else should see anyway".

EDIT: also yes, what I was trying to get at is that it's probably an old typographical error that's just kept going. I'd give examples in other media but I'm too lazy right now.

Apprentice, girl Double, are you two hiding something!?

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/710/566/a9b.gif

Maenara
Aug 20, 2015, 12:20 AM
And thanks for reminding about ProtagonistEnemy, completely forgot that existed.

Interesting to note that ProtagonistEnemy has absolutely no attacks listed in enemy_ep3.ski(Or any of the other enemy_ files, for that matter). The only other enemy this is true for, as far as I can tell, are ARKS Clones.

Ce'Nedra
Aug 20, 2015, 02:43 AM

Should be obvious by now sega picks gunslashes for that kind of stuff because ALL the classes can use it and its much more effort to make MC in story wield a weapon of the class they play even if they force it to be the 1st slot one or whatever. It's kinda always been like this, even up to the character creator program we had during closed beta.

Stormwalker
Aug 20, 2015, 11:33 AM
That's also the reason the player character is usually unarmed in cutscenes. They didn't code the scenes to account for multiple weapons (that would require multiple animations in the cutscene, also). But when the scene requires the player to use a weapon, they give you the one type of weapon all classes can use - a gunslash.

Meteor Weapon
Aug 20, 2015, 11:37 AM
Still wish our characters can use weapons based on their class in cutscenes so I can look at my character pawning enemies with a freakin Ea:Sword of Rupture lol

LonelyGaruga
Aug 20, 2015, 12:01 PM
At least we get scenes like the player parrying Dragon Ex's sword with their bare hands. Who needs a weapon!

Poyonche
Aug 20, 2015, 12:51 PM
Prepatch tomorrow, maybe we will get some interesting files. :wacko:

We are also able to kill Dagan bare handed. Wait, this is absolutely normal.

Ce'Nedra
Aug 21, 2015, 02:02 AM

Story quest 1 begs to differ, you litterally see some arks dying barehanded against a dagan :wacko:

Maenara
Aug 21, 2015, 02:11 AM

Only text based stuff I can see is new quest text. Probably the only new text in it is for the new challenge quest, so nothing interesting in that department.

Poyonche
Aug 21, 2015, 05:29 AM
Only text based stuff I can see is new quest text. Probably the only new text in it is for the new challenge quest, so nothing interesting in that department.

[Off topic]

And also a picture showing that we will get Zandeon, Fomelgion and Barantsion in the shop.

Zandeon will be 1* Razonde and 1* a weird item. No clue for the other

Maenara
Aug 21, 2015, 05:39 AM
[Off topic]

And also a picture showing that we will get Zandeon, Fomelgion and Barantsion in the shop.

Zandeon will be 1* Razonde and 1* a weird item. No clue for the other

What?

Poyonche
Aug 21, 2015, 05:42 AM
What?

I meant, interval area shop.

http://i.imgur.com/JfvyMFK.png

This prepatch is mostly "reupdate all the enemies we will use in new cmode and add some text about it there and there."

They also updated DpAbyss textures : http://i.imgur.com/4S1laRK.png

Old textures : [SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/tWHQN4J.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Rakurai
Aug 21, 2015, 07:01 AM
I guess somebody can put together a more complete 3D render of it now.

Are the textures for its color changes updated, as well?

Ce'Nedra
Aug 21, 2015, 07:13 AM
Compound Techs for CM2? Oh man, just how hard, or esay, will CM2 be? Also I see Ignite Parry and Heavenly Fall for Sword and WL respectively.

Poyonche
Aug 21, 2015, 07:16 AM
Hard : Take Zandion because of i-frames, or take fomelgion and stay at distance
Easy : BARANTSION ALL THAT SHIT

I'll check again for DpAbyss and upload all the pictures I can (which may be 3 :wacko: )
Found Nothing about its color change.

PokeminMaster
Aug 21, 2015, 09:42 AM
So I noticed the people over at psumods forums discovered the humanoid form for "Abyss"
[spoiler-box]
http://i.imgur.com/x1sVVkb.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/fpaD1fw.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/oa2ZQ4o.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/5fkgs32.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/oPSr1g0.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

Cyber Meteor
Aug 21, 2015, 10:02 AM
So, it really seems that's what Matoi became since there are still the boobs lol, anyway, it shares a lot of Anga design but there are those big sword and cannon in each hand (1st image)which i like 8-). The only "bad" thing about that is since it'll be a story quest boss, it means underleveled (60) and too easy to kill, so few chance to get a good idea of her power^^; Also, this eye-thing above her is a mag? it got transformed too?

Zanverse
Aug 21, 2015, 10:04 AM
So I noticed the people over at psumods forums discovered the humanoid form for "Abyss"
[spoiler-box]

http://i.imgur.com/oPSr1g0.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

Gonna point out a few things:

1- Abyss looks female. Just looking at the whole body structure, I guess it might be Matoi. Maybe. I'm not sure.

2- That Mag-looking thing that's floating next to Abyss very much resembles Anga Fundarge's actual head. I new that Anga belonged to someone, but my guesses were on Persona.

3- I see a variety of weapons that Abyss uses. Sword, Claws, Gun/Launcher...

She looks like she'll be a very hard challenge. Abyss also resembles Angel. :wacko:

EDIT: I wanna see some 13* weapons based on Abyss.

Zyrusticae
Aug 21, 2015, 10:05 AM
So, it really seems that's what Matoi became since there are still the boobs lol [...]
At this point her boobs are more memorable than her freakin' character...

Seriously, they went way too far with trying to sexualize her at every opportunity. All I can think of when I see her now is 'innocent cleavage girl', and even her evil form just reinforces that further...

PokeminMaster
Aug 21, 2015, 10:07 AM
3- I see a variety of weapons that Abyss uses. Sword, Claws, Gun/Launcher...
Now that I think about it, we should get Claws (if I had it my way, I'd prefer one-handed Claws based on their PSO design, but we'd probably get Twin Claws, which are still nice)

Maenara
Aug 21, 2015, 10:53 AM
Hahahaha, Anga Fundarge is LITERALLY just Matoi's mag corrupted by the Profound Darkness.

Poyonche
Aug 21, 2015, 11:01 AM
I would like a mag like this, instead I have a piece of steel that shots fire balls and can turn into a photon fish.

Maenara
Aug 21, 2015, 11:05 AM
Gonna be really disappointed if she doesn't spawn Anga Fundarge at halftime.

Poyonche
Aug 21, 2015, 11:10 AM
Maybe at 50 or 25% we will see the head do a little dance (like our mags when they just charged PB) and send us Anga Fundarge. :wacko:

Also this will really be matoi :

en_abb01_abyssfunal_00110_enc_matoi
en_abb01_abyssfunal_00110_encounter1_ev
en_abb01_abyssfunal_00110_encounter1_ev_n
(one that I deleted instead of selecting to copy paste the name, if I am not derping, it was the same as under this one but w/o uniq :/ )
en_abb01_abyssfunal_30420_death_uniq
en_abb01_abyssfunal_30420_death_uniq_matoi

Maenara
Aug 21, 2015, 11:20 AM
Wait, wait, I see it now. Anga mag will be a breakable part with 66% of Matoi's HP, but doesn't share HP with Matoi, but if you ignore it, the mag will provide massive-ass buffs to Matoi.

One buff should be making all Matoi's attacks ignore i-frames including just guards. (´・ω・`)

Poyonche
Aug 21, 2015, 11:33 AM
And the only way to get past that buff would be to break the mag or use Guard Stance for the whole fight. :wacko:

Also going back to the datamined content : 30% VR Can + Red container or 2 Large Miles Crystal ? Do your choice. :wacko: (it is a picture)

They also put Brigitta, Hilda, Melitta, Henrietta (those could give us hints for Double or PD or some story dialogue) and Inana voice files, but can't do anything with it because I don't know how to do Something with those. :/

PokeminMaster
Aug 21, 2015, 11:40 AM
Looking at this one image more closely...

[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/x1sVVkb.jpg
[/spoiler-box]
am I crazy for thinking this is a slight nod to Pollux and Castor? I mean... Pollux did have a big red axe/blade on her right arm, and Castor had a big blue cannon/launcher on hers; and both belong to Episode 3. Or maybe my love for PSO is getting the better of me haha

EDIT: I'm also thinking they may well call this thing Falz Abyss... I know that abyss is only an internal name for it, but I think it would fit rather nicely

LonelyGaruga
Aug 21, 2015, 12:31 PM
Compare Matoi

Using swiki's image here.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?plugin=attach&refer=%E7%99%BB%E5%A0%B4NPC%2F%E3%83%9E%E3%83%88%E 3%82%A4&openfile=%E3%83%9E%E3%83%88%E3%82%A4%EF%BC%88%E6%B 7%B1%E9%81%A0%E5%8C%96%EF%BC%86%E8%B6%B3%E3%81%AE% E5%BE%8C%E9%83%A8.jpg
http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?plugin=attach&refer=%E7%99%BB%E5%A0%B4NPC%2F%E3%83%9E%E3%83%88%E 3%82%A4&openfile=%E3%83%9E%E3%83%88%E3%82%A4%EF%BC%88%E6%B 7%B1%E9%81%A0%E5%8C%96%EF%BC%92.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

with DpAbyssHuman DpDepthHuman (my bad lol)

[spoiler-box]
http://i.imgur.com/oPSr1g0.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Easy match. Although, I can't help but think of other things when I see the design...hereby nicknaming this boss Falz Omega.
[SPOILER-BOX]Omegamon X, localized as Omnimon (Digimon, official art)
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/digimon/images/7/7e/Omnimon_X_b.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20150619132414
Normal official artwork doesn't have the sword out :/
Omega (Megaman Zero, concept art)
http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/megaman/images/e/eb/Omega_Complete_sketches.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20070303135431[/SPOILER-BOX]

yoshiblue
Aug 21, 2015, 12:37 PM
Yeah, same here. It hard to resist seeing Matoi digivolve after watching those pokemon ones recently.[SPOILER-BOX]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsXXvZd2of0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsXXvZd2of0[/SPOILER-BOX]

LonelyGaruga
Aug 21, 2015, 01:02 PM
As an extra, here are the scripts for DpDepthHuman that Mae datamined. Kept my sorting like with DpAbyss.

DpDepthHuman
[spoiler-box]
DpDepthHumanDeathBallBig
DpDepthHumanDeathBall
DpDepthHumanUpper
DpDepthHumanUpperBeam
DpDepthHumanUpperSlash
DpDepthHumanDarkMissilAttackA
DpDepthHumanDarkMissilAttack
DpDepthHumanDarkMissilePPDamage
DpDepthHumanDokoDokoMarchRight
DpDepthHumanDokoDokoMarchLeft
DpDepthHumanSonicBoom
eff_bs_abs_h_sonic01_ht01.aqe
DpDepthHumanSonicBoomCombo
DpDepthHumanSonicBoomSlash
DpDepthHumanGravityBall
DpDepthHumanThrustRight
DpDepthHumanThrustLeft
DpDepthHumanWLariat
DpDepthHumanLightSpear
DpDepthHumanBeam
DpDepthHumanPunchRight
DpDepthHumanPunchLeft

DpDepthHumanBrokenAllArmCoreLastRight
DpDepthHumanBrokenAllArmCoreLastLeft
DpDepthHumanBrokenAllArmCore
DpDepthHuman:ArmCoreAllBroken
DpDepthHumanBrokenRightArmCore
DpDepthHuman:ArmCoreRightBroken
DpDepthHumanBrokenLeftArmCore
DpDepthHuman:ArmCoreLeftBroken

DpDepthHumanBarrierRemove
DpDepthHuman:BarrierDamage
DpDepthHumanAnger
DpDepthHuman:Anger[/spoiler-box]

Guess the arms are broken in stages, and you can completely remove them going off the images. Might disable some attacks that way. No idea about that Anga mag though.

And uh...those new Abyss textures...pls get model, it's so pretty ;w;

Maenara
Aug 21, 2015, 01:46 PM
Looks like both arms have multiple break stages.

Unbroken: http://i.imgur.com/x1sVVkb.jpg
Massive weapons and giant claw arms. The massive weapons are shielding arm cores.

Break stage 1: http://i.imgur.com/fpaD1fw.jpg
The massive weapons are broken and have become smaller, probably less effective. They're also no longer shielding the arm core. Weapons may be able to regenerate.

Break stage 2a: http://i.imgur.com/oa2ZQ4o.jpg
Weapons are gone but arm core is unbroken. Weapons may be able to regenerate.

Break stage 2b: http://i.imgur.com/5fkgs32.jpg
The weapons are gone and the arm cores are broken. Massive claws remain. Weapons probably not able to regenerate.

Possible: Break stage 3: http://i.imgur.com/oPSr1g0.jpg
The massive claws are gone.

Flaoc
Aug 21, 2015, 01:50 PM
Looks like both arms have multiple break stages.

Unbroken: http://i.imgur.com/x1sVVkb.jpg
Massive weapons and giant claw arms. The massive weapons are shielding arm cores.

Break stage 1: http://i.imgur.com/fpaD1fw.jpg
The massive weapons are broken and have become smaller, probably less effective. They're also no longer shielding the arm core. Weapons may be able to regenerate.

Break stage 2a: http://i.imgur.com/oa2ZQ4o.jpg
Weapons are gone but arm core is unbroken. Weapons may be able to regenerate.

Break stage 2b: http://i.imgur.com/5fkgs32.jpg
The weapons are gone and the arm cores are broken. Massive claws remain. Weapons probably not able to regenerate.

Possible: Break stage 3: http://i.imgur.com/oPSr1g0.jpg
The massive claws are gone.

break stage 3 is further proof anga fundarge comes from PD (the cloak area has angas coloration)

Maenara
Aug 21, 2015, 01:52 PM
break stage 3 is further proof anga fundarge comes from PD (the cloak area has angas coloration)

The mag sitting right next to it is literally Anga Fundarge's head. You don't really need any more proof lol

Edit:

Comparison:
PD: http://i.imgur.com/oPSr1g0.jpg
Anga: http://pso2.jp/players/update/20141119/04/image/enemy_ss_02_l.jpg

PokeminMaster
Aug 21, 2015, 02:54 PM
Now what I don't get... is where does that dp_abyss model fit into all of this. The petals around its waist-ish area resemble those on the Profound Darkness, but the rest of it is more or less unique; do any of its scripts give any clues as to what it is?

Poyonche
Aug 21, 2015, 03:00 PM
https://www.dropbox.com/s/q64uz83drq947gk/en_abyss_dp_dark.rar?dl=0

Here are all the DpAbyss textures files (crosspost on PSUmods). If someone is brave enough to do something with this.

Also does someone has a WORKING HCA to .wav converter ? I got all of the Melitta's voice files but my HCA2WAV is like broken and doesn't work. :///

PokeminMaster
Aug 21, 2015, 04:55 PM
It's been rendered, and damn it looks nice

[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/ZIAu5jN.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/v2MES08.jpg[/spoiler-box]
Maybe... is this the third form of the PD fragment fight? The petals look just like the ones emerging (I think they were emerging) from the core in the trailer

Renvalt
Aug 21, 2015, 05:08 PM

Maybe... is this the third form of the PD fragment fight? The petals look just like the ones emerging (I think they were emerging) from the core in the trailer

Not gonna lie, you could've told me this was the ultimate form of Apprentice and I still would've believed it (even though I know it's not). It looks very insect-like, like a hornet.

Sadly, it is in fact the exclusive property of one very loli fanserviced Matoi, who shall proceed to use it to blow up planets, steal gifts from unsuspecting ARKS members, and broadcast an attempt at being moe-moe-kyun that usually ends up in killing every living creature in the solar system at the time.

Poyonche
Aug 21, 2015, 05:18 PM

Probably, I think so because I am not able to find the upper body (the helmet like thing) on the DpAbyss they showed to us.
It also goes with theory of third form, it is black (like the 2nd part, and when it is emerging/switching/whatevering the background is still white = PD must be black).

Regarding PD fragment. We were talking about fragment because someone once translated the Henrietta speech as a fight to prevent a fragment of Profound Darkness to be released / a fight against a fragment of Profound Darkness. But recently, someone translated it as "The way to the Profound Darkness has been opened. The only remaining objective is to take down that massive target.", so maybe it is just a fragment, maybe it isn't and we are doomed. :wacko:

Also if PD speech is already in files, I think Double's is too, but as I can't convert the .hca to .wav, i can't find anything. :/
All the operator voice files are in prepatch, so maybe they were lazy and put all the operators instead of Inana only, maybe there is something interesting to find. :wacko:

Zanverse
Aug 21, 2015, 06:00 PM

OKAY, HOLD UP A SECOND.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/QuaoMKh.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/74RmeGS.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????

New Dark Falz
New 12 Person Boss Battle

Are we just going to ignore this shit????????????

KazukiQZ
Aug 21, 2015, 06:06 PM
^Well, Dark Falz Double is indeed the new DF battle. While the 12 Person Boss Battle might refer to the PD battle.

Zanverse
Aug 21, 2015, 06:08 PM
^Well, Dark Falz Double is indeed the new DF battle. While the 12 Person Boss Battle might refer to the PD battle.

Right there, this could mean that the Double we see in that trailer is not included in the PD fight, OR Double is included in the fight, but the new 12 person boss battle could be the DpAbyss that was in the files....

hoangsea
Aug 21, 2015, 06:26 PM
just need strong and interesting bosses

just remember the first days against luther it cost an very long time to kill him that make me happy

everything are too easy now, need some interesting bosses

LonelyGaruga
Aug 21, 2015, 07:27 PM

This?
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/dFpA4Ng.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Double checking the trailer, the petals have already begun emerging when DpAbyss is shown in that scene, but regardless of whether they were emerging or not, the entire body matches up perfectly from the trailer shot and the model here. Looks like the upper half of the body is formed/emerges from the core itself as the rest of the body folds over to take the form of the model. Nice catch.

Sadly, it is in fact the exclusive property of one very loli fanserviced Matoi

Matoi is not a loli.

Zanverse
Aug 21, 2015, 08:17 PM
I'm really starting to feel like the Abyss model was supposed to be Apprentice...

LonelyGaruga
Aug 21, 2015, 08:30 PM
Dunno why people keep saying that, DpAbyss is clearly a mix of angelic and skeletal characteristics.

Rakurai
Aug 21, 2015, 10:26 PM
Wonder when they plan on having the humanoid forms of Double and PD appear in XH quests.

Hard to get a good read on how tough they're supposed to be when they're 15 levels lower then you in the story quests.

Meteor Weapon
Aug 22, 2015, 04:15 AM
human form pd is probably for story mode most likely

Maenara
Aug 22, 2015, 04:17 AM
Every non-raid boss without a rare form started out as story-exclusive, excluding Falz Arm(Single variant) and Anga Fundarge(Depending on your definition of a raid boss).

Poyonche
Aug 22, 2015, 05:15 AM
I managed to extract all the voice files.

Nothing new for all the operators. Except Inana and her new "lines" for CM2, but weird, it is the only one where HCA2WAV get an error.

There are un-used lines from Henrietta that were added before Magatsu and Profound Darkness. It is about Harukotan.

Xenokal
Oct 15, 2015, 12:56 AM
Spoiler Alert (Read at your own risk)
Source: Beat Matterboard EP. 3-7

Apprentice returns to being Normal, Her and Affin are now partners in Arks. Her name is Eucrita (something like that)

As for that weird Red and Blue Monster, That is Anga Fused with Matoi just before she becomes the Profound Darkness.

Maenara
Oct 15, 2015, 12:43 PM
Viel Hunar is on Naberius. I think that Viel is calling down its body from outer space so that it can merge with the body. ARKS' task is to destroy the body before it can reach Viel Hunar.

PokeminMaster
Oct 15, 2015, 12:56 PM
Viel Hunar is on Naberius. I think that Viel is calling down its body from outer space so that it can merge with the body. ARKS' task is to destroy the body before it can reach Viel Hunar.
Yeah, my guess was always that the big purple object was somehow trying to complete itself and that was our task, the story chapter more or less proved that heh

Maenara
Oct 15, 2015, 01:45 PM
Yeah, my guess was always that the big purple object was somehow trying to complete itself and that was our task, the story chapter more or less proved that heh

That would explain why Viel even -needs- to deploy Dark Falz Double to defend itself.

PokeminMaster
Oct 15, 2015, 01:46 PM
That would explain why Viel even -needs- to deploy Dark Falz Double to defend itself.
Indeed, and I know it's not confirmed in-game, but I somehow got the feeling that Double was the strongest of the Dark Falz, even before it started absorbing the others, so I think it makes sense in that regard as well

Poyonche
Oct 15, 2015, 02:22 PM
Indeed, and I know it's not confirmed in-game, but I somehow got the feeling that Double was the strongest of the Dark Falz, even before it started absorbing the others, so I think it makes sense in that regard as well

Elder destroys an ARKS Ship.
Loser takes a mothership.
Apprentice tries to destroy some towers (and by sending minions)
Double destroys a planet just for fun and is called the worst DF by Xiao.

He is the strongest to me. :wacko:

PokeminMaster
Oct 15, 2015, 02:28 PM

Oh, good point, wasn't really thinking haha

yoshiblue
Oct 15, 2015, 02:37 PM
I wonder what suns taste like to double?

Mattykins
Oct 15, 2015, 02:48 PM
I wonder what suns taste like to double?

[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.gianteagle.com/ProductImages/PRODUCT_NODE_602/50200008801.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Zanverse
Oct 15, 2015, 03:15 PM
Why do people still refer to Double as "he" when it should be "they/them" since there is two hosts/minds/voices, both male and the other female. Sorry to be picky, but I noticed that a lot.

Rupikachu
Oct 15, 2015, 07:41 PM
Considering the full size of elder, it's possible he could smash a planet easily if he wanted to.

As for that weird Red and Blue Monster, That is Anga Fused with Matoi just before she becomes the Profound Darkness.

Inb4 Matoi is the first summoner in the game, and Anga was her pet

Nyansan
Oct 15, 2015, 07:53 PM
Considering the full size of elder, it's possible he could smash a planet easily if he wanted to.

Inb4 Matoi is the first summoner in the game, and Anga was her pet

Was thinking it was Eucrita, but now that you've mentioned Matoi that sounds (a whole lot more) feasible too. Inb4 'pets' take on the form of what PB your mag has

Kondibon
Oct 15, 2015, 10:05 PM
Was thinking it was Eucrita, but now that you've mentioned Matoi that sounds (a whole lot more) feasible too. Inb4 'pets' take on the form of what PB your mag hasIt's entirely possible that they BOTH are and just use different weapons. If the pets are related to your mag, or something it would make sense for the two people with the closest ties to DF and the Profound Darkness would have access to that sort of thing, same with the Player character

arkeido
Oct 15, 2015, 10:19 PM
Was thinking it was Eucrita, but now that you've mentioned Matoi that sounds (a whole lot more) feasible too. Inb4 'pets' take on the form of what PB your mag has

It's entirely possible that they BOTH are and just use different weapons. If the pets are related to your mag, or something it would make sense for the two people with the closest ties to DF and the Profound Darkness would have access to that sort of thing, same with the Player character

Not to mention both of them also lost their original weapon now (unless sega decided to give them generic weapon instead)

Sandmind
Oct 16, 2015, 02:33 AM
I'm perfectly fine and looking forward to my (probably mini sized) fish PB pet.

Alisha
Oct 16, 2015, 03:02 AM
ahhhhhhhhhhhhh dat music from pso episode 3 C.a.r.d.

https://youtu.be/Zmnkc9hXEwc?t=4m26s

i dont know what to make of the use of this theme. its from chronologically the last series of bosses in the pso 1 timeline. castor/pollux then amplum umbra. it could just mean the chronilogical end of the pso 2 story and episode 4 is a side story,but i dont know sinc ei havent been keeping up with the story.

landman
Oct 16, 2015, 04:40 AM
Why do people still refer to Double as "he" when it should be "they/them" since there is two hosts/minds/voices, both male and the other female. Sorry to be picky, but I noticed that a lot.
Even if there are two hosts (we don't know that) there is one single Dark Falz, and we talk about Dark Falz, not about hosts.

KLMS1
Oct 16, 2015, 04:52 AM
So go with "it" then. :|

Nyansan
Oct 16, 2015, 05:30 AM
Not to mention both of them also lost their original weapon now (unless sega decided to give them generic weapon instead)

Not to mention, if Summonner is billed as the T/R-atk hybrid it would make perfect sense considering Matoi is the T-atk kind while Eucrita would be the R-atk type, given her similarities in design to Afin

Regarding summons, I'm incredibly curious as to how they'd implement mechanics. A similar case to what I'm envisioning as to how it would go would be Aion's summoner class.

PokeminMaster
Oct 16, 2015, 10:47 AM
ahhhhhhhhhhhhh dat music from pso episode 3 C.a.r.d.

https://youtu.be/Zmnkc9hXEwc?t=4m26s

i dont know what to make of the use of this theme. its from chronologically the last series of bosses in the pso 1 timeline. castor/pollux then amplum umbra. it could just mean the chronilogical end of the pso 2 story and episode 4 is a side story,but i dont know sinc ei havent been keeping up with the story.
It's the second form of the Profound Darkness, you can hear a full version here: https://youtu.be/Jk52_3hqraE

Ooze, the final boss track from Phantasy Star IV (which was also named Profound Darkness) will be used for the first phase: https://youtu.be/R39FuQXuN8M

Zanverse
Oct 16, 2015, 12:02 PM
Even if there are two hosts (we don't know that) there is one single Dark Falz, and we talk about Dark Falz, not about hosts.

But when you're talking specifically about Double, it's much more logical to say "They". If your logic applied, then why do we still call Apprentice "She", and not " He" or "It"? Dark Falz doesn't have a specific form or gender until it has a host.

KLMS1
Oct 16, 2015, 12:10 PM
-- while Eucrita would be the R-atk type, given her similarities in design to Afin

She's been using TDs thus far though... ^^;

LonelyGaruga
Oct 16, 2015, 12:38 PM
Gettemhart used knuckles. Elder uses knuckles.
Luther uses a talis (animation-wise at least). Loser does the same.
Matoi has used rods and wands. Matoi Viel uses both.

Yucrita will probably continue using TDs since that's how Apprentice fought. I'd expect Matoi to retain her status as a Force as well, just with a replacement weapon, but she does have the handicap of being too powerful to use ordinary ARKS weaponry.

Kondibon
Oct 16, 2015, 12:40 PM
Matoi has used rods and wands. Matoi Viel uses both.I know there are a lot of wands that look like swords, but... really?

Poyonche
Oct 16, 2015, 12:59 PM
Well, Viel Matoi has Dual Rowand (rod + wand). :wacko:

LonelyGaruga
Oct 16, 2015, 01:00 PM
I know there are a lot of wands that look like swords, but... really?

Yeah. Matoi Viel uses a rod and wand. Besides being indicated as such through datamining, you can tell by the different lengths. Swords are bigger than what Matoi Viel uses anyway.

EDIT: More pertaining toward my previous post, but someone posted on swiki's Matoi page (http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E7%99%BB%E5%A0%B4NPC%2F%E3%83%9E%E3%83% 88%E3%82%A4) that they got a Unite code with her after clearing 3-7, and this (http://mmoloda.com/pso2/image.php?id=66753) was how she appeared.

arkeido
Oct 16, 2015, 01:07 PM
Guess she's getting new genesis weapon like Regius then...

Hope and optimism crushed a little bit

EspeonageTieler
Oct 16, 2015, 01:10 PM
Gettemhart used knuckles. Elder uses knuckles.
Luther uses a talis (animation-wise at least). Loser does the same.
Matoi has used rods and wands. Matoi Viel uses both.

Yucrita will probably continue using TDs since that's how Apprentice fought. I'd expect Matoi to retain her status as a Force as well, just with a replacement weapon, but she does have the handicap of being too powerful to use ordinary ARKS weaponry.

i was wondering about matoi think she will still use dark techs? i believe she used light before she lost her memory and all that jazz went down

and will we get a new partner card next ep

Kondibon
Oct 16, 2015, 07:56 PM
Well, Viel Matoi has Dual Rowand (rod + wand). :wacko:

Yeah. Matoi Viel uses a rod and wand. Besides being indicated as such through datamining, you can tell by the different lengths. Swords are bigger than what Matoi Viel uses anyway.

EDIT: More pertaining toward my previous post, but someone posted on swiki's Matoi page (http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E7%99%BB%E5%A0%B4NPC%2F%E3%83%9E%E3%83% 88%E3%82%A4) that they got a Unite code with her after clearing 3-7, and this (http://mmoloda.com/pso2/image.php?id=66753) was how she appeared.

I just thought they looked particularly sword/partisan like, but looking again you're right.

I had no doubt Matoi would continue using rods though. :P

lRagna
Oct 17, 2015, 04:57 AM

Too bad that the fight with them is... lame compared to Hunar and Angel, I hope their Castle form gets pretty challenging

Rakurai
Oct 17, 2015, 05:17 AM
Double needs more HP at very least.

Though it doesn't fix the issue that they only have dangerous AoE attacks after they fuse, and they're also so heavily choreographed that they can be avoided by simply running away.

Flaoc
Oct 17, 2015, 05:27 AM
also im probably not remembering right but the viel hunar theme sounds a lot better ingame than it did in the datamine (specifically verse 2 or when she goes into rage mode)

[SPOILER-BOX]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=db8zDvB2JVI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=db8zDvB2JVI [/SPOILER-BOX]

Poyonche
Oct 17, 2015, 05:31 AM
Just thinking about it, If we have Viel Hunar for the moment, maybe we will get Viel Angel and Viel Dourumble. :wacko:

PokeminMaster
Oct 17, 2015, 05:19 PM
[spoiler-box]http://i2.wp.com/www.bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Profound-Boss-Attack.jpg[/spoiler-box]
I'm starting to think that the white and black "forms" aren't forms at all, but rather that this thing can change is weakness and/or resistances at will (like Anga Fundarge and Dark Falz (PSU) before it)

Since it's blue I'm going to assume it's weak to Ice, since I'm going out on a limb here and assuming its default, white form will be weak to Light (I doubt they would do opposite colors since Electric and Wind aren't opposites)

Maenara
Oct 17, 2015, 05:22 PM
[spoiler-box]http://i2.wp.com/www.bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Profound-Boss-Attack.jpg[/spoiler-box]
I'm starting to think that the white and black "forms" aren't forms at all, but rather that this thing can change is weakness and/or resistances at will (like Anga Fundarge and Dark Falz (PSU) before it)

Since it's blue I'm going to assume it's weak to Ice, since I'm going out on a limb here and assuming its default, white form will be weak to Light (I doubt they would do opposite colors since Electric and Wind aren't opposites)

Datamined scripts only have variables for black and white.

PokeminMaster
Oct 17, 2015, 05:23 PM
Datamined scripts only have variables for black and white.
Oh, alright, then I wonder why it's blue...

Zanverse
Oct 17, 2015, 05:46 PM
My guess is that when PD is in it's white form, it's weak to Dark, but when in its black form, it's weak to Light? Or maybe even vice versa? Or maybe it is able to change its attribute weakness/resistance. If that were the case, everyone would be doomed in-battle.

Alisha
Oct 17, 2015, 05:58 PM
It's the second form of the Profound Darkness, you can hear a full version here: https://youtu.be/Jk52_3hqraE

Ooze, the final boss track from Phantasy Star IV (which was also named Profound Darkness) will be used for the first phase: https://youtu.be/R39FuQXuN8M

yeah but its originally from pso ep3 wich is why i'm wondering if theres some meaning behind it's use

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27mQ9m9T518

PokeminMaster
Oct 17, 2015, 06:08 PM
yeah but its originally from pso ep3 wich is why i'm wondering if theres some meaning behind it's use

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27mQ9m9T518
It's the same meaning as Cry for IDOLA the Holy in Falz Arms, IDOLA have the Immortal Feather in Dark Falz [Loser], and IDOLA the Imitated God in Magatsu

My guess is that when PD is in it's white form, it's weak to Dark, but when in its black form, it's weak to Light? Or maybe even vice versa? Or maybe it is able to change its attribute weakness/resistance. If that were the case, everyone would be doomed in-battle.
Well yeah, that's what I was saying in my first post about switching weaknesses/resistances, but after what Maenara said, I'm not sure any more

Maenara
Oct 17, 2015, 06:27 PM
It's going to be weak to light. Sega is not capable of creating a boss that's a source of worthwhile rares without that boss also being weak to light.

Nyansan
Oct 17, 2015, 08:09 PM
She's been using TDs thus far though... ^^;
That was due to her relations to old Apprentice. Eucrita's true class alignment hasn't been made clear yet had she not encountered Apprentice

landman
Oct 18, 2015, 04:55 AM
Oh, alright, then I wonder why it's blue...
You see it Blue? because I see it white... Maybe this explains it lol https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_dress_%28viral_phenomenon%29

Kondibon
Oct 18, 2015, 05:17 AM
Oh, alright, then I wonder why it's blue...Probably because of the lighting. Landman is on-point linking that dress though.

PokeminMaster
Oct 18, 2015, 12:30 PM
Probably because of the lighting. Landman is on-point linking that dress though.
Go into an image editor and pull the color out, it's most certainly blue...
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/0Wzmq6k.png[/spoiler-box]
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/5irBU2n.png
It's very clearly white in this shot
http://i2.wp.com/www.bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Profound-Boss-Attack.jpg
This picture is nowhere near white[/spoiler-box]

arkeido
Oct 18, 2015, 01:12 PM
http://i2.wp.com/www.bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Profound-Boss-Attack.jpg

You can blame the magical image processing stuff they use to make it looks good on website compared to all that light show on reality :-P.

And they seems doing a good job to keep the third form secret so far from public (unless it scrapped last minute...)

Shinamori
Oct 18, 2015, 02:45 PM
Well, there's only 2 phases of PD's music, unless the World New Worth remix is the 3rd form.

PokeminMaster
Oct 18, 2015, 02:47 PM
Well, there's only 2 phases of PD's music, unless the World New Worth remix is the 3rd form.
I'm pretty sure the black and white "forms" both use the Ooze remix

Shadowth117
Oct 18, 2015, 03:35 PM

There's still nothing saying the lighting couldn't force a blue tone on it. It IS blue, but it could totally be a white object lit blue.

PokeminMaster
Oct 18, 2015, 03:38 PM
There's still nothing saying the lighting couldn't force a blue tone on it. It IS blue, but it could totally be a white object lit blue.
But what could possibly be casting such a powerful light over it and nothing else? The black and red segments on its body don't appear any different at all

Even the underside of its upper petals are blue (the border around the purpley-white interior); the top of the same petals are also blue (as you can see in the top left of the image)

D-Inferno
Oct 18, 2015, 03:48 PM
Someone did Jellen Shot perhaps?

Alisha
Oct 18, 2015, 07:05 PM
It's the same meaning as Cry for IDOLA the Holy in Falz Arms, IDOLA have the Immortal Feather in Dark Falz [Loser], and IDOLA the Imitated God in Magatsu

Well yeah, that's what I was saying in my first post about switching weaknesses/resistances, but after what Maenara said, I'm not sure any more

thats different in this case its basically the same version not just a piece of it. and if sega just threw it in for no reason im done with sega and this series.

PokeminMaster
Oct 18, 2015, 07:14 PM
thats different in this case its basically the same version not just a piece of it. and if sega just threw it in for no reason im done with sega and this series.
Well yeah, it's just there to be there; I think they didn't want to make more than one unique track (in this case, [Double]'s battle theme) and just recreated Ooze and IDOLA the Strange Fruits. This is technically the final boss of Episode 3, so it's fitting to have Strange Fruits there, and Ooze fits as well for the fact that the Profound Darkness is a name shared between this game's big bad and the one in Phantasy Star IV

Maenara
Oct 18, 2015, 07:50 PM

Nothing is Sacred

Dia79
Oct 27, 2015, 01:18 AM
so far we know which element double trouble will be weak to? Ice light?

Shinamori
Oct 27, 2015, 03:52 AM
Pretty sure that's a safe bet. However, old datamined data suggest panic might be what's stuns them. Like how panic stuns Apos Dorios despite it being weak to Wind/Light.

PokeminMaster
Oct 27, 2015, 09:03 AM
so far we know which element double trouble will be weak to? Ice light?
Well, yeah... that's a given based on Falz Dourumble and their command over the Toy Darkers; Profound Darkness on the other hand, probably has some sort of dynamic weakness and resistances (similar to Anga Fundarge)

Rakurai
Oct 27, 2015, 01:33 PM
It never really occurred to me until recently, but is the EQ going to have both Double and the Profound Darkness in a single quest?

I'm pretty sure the past EQs mentioned the names of each phase's quest, while this one only mentioned a single quest name.

LonelyGaruga
Oct 27, 2015, 01:45 PM
is the EQ going to have both Double and the Profound Darkness in a single quest?

Yes it is.

PokeminMaster
Oct 27, 2015, 01:49 PM
It never really occurred to me until recently, but is the EQ going to have both Double and the Profound Darkness in a single quest?

I'm pretty sure the past EQs mentioned the names of each phase's quest, while this one only mentioned a single quest name.
The same style as Profound Invasion, it seems, so yes

Poyonche
Oct 27, 2015, 01:58 PM
[世界を壊す流転の徒花] is the quest name. :wacko:

I would have liked a two phase EQ, but I don't think it would have be nice for this quest.

Anyway can't wait for this quest, even if we're going to fail like 28 times. :wacko:

ZerotakerZX
Oct 27, 2015, 02:37 PM
[世界を壊す流転の徒花] is the quest name. :wacko:

I would have liked a two phase EQ, but I don't think it would have be nice for this quest.

Anyway can't wait for this quest, even if we're going to fail like 28 times. :wacko:

Don't worry, it's gonna be fun.

Mattykins
Oct 27, 2015, 03:24 PM
What does that translate to, roughly?

PokeminMaster
Oct 27, 2015, 03:26 PM
I'm honestly having trouble with it myself, but I have pulled out something like "Ruined/Broken World"

So I think I'll just wait until someone who better knows the language comes since I'm still so new to it lol

LonelyGaruga
Oct 27, 2015, 03:49 PM

Breaking down each part,

世界 = World/Universe
を = Indicates a subject affected by a verb, in this context, world/universe
壊す = To break/destroy/ruin/etc
流転 = Change/Transmigration/Metempsychosis (basically cycle of life/death)
の = Possessive, of and other like words
徒花 = A category for flowers that bloom, but do not bear fruit.

A rough translation would look something like "Flower of Transmigration that Breaks the Universe". A shortened name like how the English patch would use would probably be "Universe Destroying Flower" or something like that.

HentaiLolicon
Oct 27, 2015, 03:52 PM
世界を壊す(Sekai wo Kowasu): World Breaks
流転の徒花 (Ruten no Adabana): Vicissitudes of a non-fruit-bearing flower
Something like that i guess :|

Zanverse
Oct 27, 2015, 03:59 PM
What about "The Flower of a/the Destroyed/Ruined/Broken World", "The Flower of a/the Destroyed/Ruined/Broken Universe"

Poyonche
Oct 27, 2015, 04:22 PM
What about "I'm a flower and i rekt u all".

Anduril
Oct 27, 2015, 04:41 PM
How about something more flowery like, "The Endless Bloom that Rends the World"?

Sorry for the pun...

LonelyGaruga
Oct 27, 2015, 05:31 PM
What about "The Flower of a/the Destroyed/Ruined/Broken World", "The Flower of a/the Destroyed/Ruined/Broken Universe"

Doesn't work. The wording indicates that the flower will cause the verb to take place, as opposed to already having taken place.

Ah, I guess I could have worded the meanings better, I see how it might look like it allows for past tense. What I should have written is that it will be affected, derp. Here's the excerpt of the dictionary I was checking.

1. indicates direct object of action
2. indicates subject of causative expression

Maenara
Oct 27, 2015, 09:33 PM
Agrajag says that they're going with 'Progeny of the Apocalypse'.

LonelyGaruga
Oct 27, 2015, 10:28 PM
徒花 is a flower that can't reproduce. Progeny is the result of reproduction.

Wha?

landman
Oct 28, 2015, 06:43 AM
So what was Xiao saying, more or less, before the fight in the new EQ? I'm guessing this will be a scene we will only see once, just like the Magatsu one...

ranrii
Oct 28, 2015, 06:47 AM
Something something how there is no need to calculate and that he believes that you will be fine.

Poyonche
Oct 28, 2015, 06:54 AM
So did Profound Darkness made 49864765478695 Dark Falz Double or was that Xiao's way to show us Double's Attack pattern ? :wacko:

Renvalt
Oct 28, 2015, 07:05 AM
So did Profound Darkness made 49864765478695 Dark Falz Double or was that Xiao's way to show us Double's Attack pattern ? :wacko:

It has the powers of the Four Dark Falzes. Wouldn't surprise me if that's what occurred.

(And FYI, I count Double as one Falz, even though it's two separate entities/hosts).

landman
Oct 28, 2015, 07:05 AM
I'm sure Double can clone itself, and we are just one group of arks of many fighting them.

Renvalt
Oct 28, 2015, 07:07 AM
I'm sure Double can clone itself, and we are just one group of arks of many fighting them.

Double can clone anything.

GLORIOUS NIPPON DEMIKIDS. CLONES OFF ANYTHING.

KLMS1
Oct 28, 2015, 07:09 AM
Dark Falz [Double], sent to juvenile prison for counterfeinting on massive scale.

Renvalt
Oct 28, 2015, 07:12 AM
Dark Falz [Double], sent to juvenile prison for counterfeinting on massive scale.

Where they will become food for the monstrous Bubba. Legend has it he holds no quarter for his victim's... hind quarters.

.... Forgive me my bad joke.

Rakurai
Oct 28, 2015, 07:20 AM
I was a little disappointed that Dark Falz Double doesn't talk, but the creepy laughter is a pretty good substitute.

Though now I'm curious as to where the story is going to go from here. I'd assume trying to find a more permanent solution for the Profound Darkness problem is involved. The Falz are obviously making a comeback judging from TD 4, but I hope they won't just be mindless clones.

KLMS1
Oct 28, 2015, 07:25 AM
Where they will become food for the monstrous Bubba. Legend has it he holds no quarter for his victim's... hind quarters.

Bubba Man and his terrifying Hypnosoap haunt the shower rooms of prisons for grown-ups though.

Renvalt
Oct 28, 2015, 09:32 AM
Bubba Man and his terrifying Hypnosoap haunt the shower rooms of prisons for grown-ups though.

That's why you tell the kids that's what'll happen then. Because it scares them. It makes them learn that "okay, this time's the only time I get thrown in here". I mean, hell, my parents used it on me, and I only got thrown in juvie overnight (and a jail cell for 5 days, but you get my point).

But yeah, that said, the whole point of the joke was to turn an actual real world thing into a bedtime story to scare the childrens so they end up being good widdle childrens.