PDA

View Full Version : Bouncer

fay
Aug 18, 2015, 03:43 PM
Only started playing bouncer again recently. I have no idea how I should really be building it though, which is where you all come in. I'm hoping someone can show me what's good to take. There is so little things on the skill tree that I actually like. Especially in stances. Elemental stand seems good but that requires me to have a full rainbow pallet of weapons. It just seems so horribly expensive to want to use it.

Chdata
Aug 18, 2015, 03:55 PM
without it you have really bad damage, and the other stance is virtually useless. you'll have so many skill points left over - that you may as well take it

fay
Aug 18, 2015, 04:02 PM
How does one make good use of the elemental stance then? I have the 13* gal jet boots but I don't exactly want to find 6 of these, one of each element and then have to grind and affix all 6 of them as well.

Anduril
Aug 18, 2015, 04:06 PM
JB Gear auto-switches element based on the last charged non-standard support Tech used. ie. You have Ice boots, you use a Charged Foie, your boots are now Fire.

Vatallus
Aug 18, 2015, 04:07 PM
There is a lot to discuss when it comes to this class. So I'll just do the general information and not class setup specific stuff. I am also sure there is a Bouncer guide somewhere in the Guides section of the forums if you need a lot more in detail information.

I actually run both elemental and break stance. That said elemental stance is murder on your wallet if you want to use it with dual blades. Jet Boots on the other hand can change elements based on the last offensive tech you casted.

So lets say your jet boots are Light element but you are fighting naberius natives who are weak to fire. (or wind) - You just put foie on your hotkey bar and cast a foie everytime you need it to change to fire. The element change will remain active as long as you are hitting enemies otherwise it wears off. The element change can also be thrown away by hitting shift. (Not during an attack chain) Jet Boot gear is required.

So when it comes to element stance to make full use of it you need only 1 Jet Boot, however you need Light, Fire, Dark, Ice, and Lightning Dual Blades. Wind can be ignored since nothing at the moment is only weak to wind. Except like.. the rare forest banther?

Dual Blades are a lot more precise and good for break stance. I tend to have problems with Jet Boots not actually hitting where I want them too occasionally. For Dual Blades you are going to want photon blade fever and at least 1 point into photon blade escape. You can add more if you wish but after 1 point Dual Blades shift action can be used as a dodge also. Dual Blade Gear is required.

Even though I said I would avoid class specific builds, if you plan to run Bo/Hu you will want switch strike for your jet boots.

Elemental PP Field or Critical Field is personal preference. If you do not plan to run crit build I would suggest elemental pp field for extensive fighting. (Magatsu comes to mind)

Critical Field if you are running a crit build.

I'll probably stop typing now before this gets too long. If you really need anymore info than that I could try to send my skill trees assuming PSO2 skill tree simulator is working.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Aug 18, 2015, 04:08 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221079

fay
Aug 18, 2015, 04:16 PM
There is a lot to discuss when it comes to this class. So I'll just do the general information and not class setup specific stuff. I am also sure there is a Bouncer guide somewhere in the Guides section of the forums if you need a lot more in detail information.

I actually run both elemental and break stance. That said elemental stance is murder on your wallet if you want to use it with dual blades. Jet Boots on the other hand can change elements based on the last offensive tech you casted.

So lets say your jet boots are Light element but you are fighting naberius natives who are weak to fire. (or wind) - You just put foie on your hotkey bar and cast a foie everytime you need it to change to fire. The element change will remain active as long as you are hitting enemies otherwise it wears off. The element change can also be thrown away by hitting shift. (Not during an attack chain) Jet Boot gear is required.

So when it comes to element stance to make full use of it you need only 1 Jet Boot, however you need Light, Fire, Dark, Ice, and Lightning Dual Blades. Wind can be ignored since nothing at the moment is only weak to wind. Except like.. the rare forest banther?

Dual Blades are a lot more precise and good for break stance. I tend to have problems with Jet Boots not actually hitting where I want them too occasionally. For Dual Blades you are going to want photon blade fever and at least 1 point into photon blade escape. You can add more if you wish but after 1 point Dual Blades shift action can be used as a dodge also. Dual Blade Gear is required.

Even though I said I would avoid class specific builds, if you plan to run Bo/Hu you will want switch strike for your jet boots.

Elemental PP Field or Critical Field is personal preference. If you do not plan to run crit build I would suggest elemental pp field for extensive fighting. (Magatsu comes to mind)

Critical Field if you are running a crit build.

I'll probably stop typing now before this gets too long. If you really need anymore info than that I could try to send my skill trees assuming PSO2 skill tree simulator is working.

Appreciate the explaining you did there. It makes so much more sense to me now. I'm sold on the elemental one now. For some reason I never noticed the second half of jet boots gear switching element.
Cheers for the information. I'm going to have to use a skill reset pass now.

GoldenFalcon
Aug 18, 2015, 04:37 PM
But when using techs, beware, Zondeel Zanverse and Megiverse change your boots' element.

fay
Aug 18, 2015, 05:56 PM
Have a few questions about it still.

I was about to ask is there any way of telling what element it's currently on but I just noticed this class had a second jump which shows element. So does basic attacks.
The other thing I'm wondering is say my boots are set to light. Does this element only work while in basic attacks or also when doing PAs? I see the element colours doing basic attacks but no indication when I use the PAs.

Anduril
Aug 18, 2015, 05:59 PM
Have a few questions about it still.

I was about to ask is there any way of telling what element it's currently on but I just noticed this class had a second jump which shows element. So does basic attacks.
The other thing I'm wondering is say my boots are set to light. Does this element only work while in basic attacks or also when doing PAs? I see the element colours doing basic attacks but no indication when I use the PAs.
Until the gauge bar runs out, you use a new tech, do an Elemental Burst, or use Vinto, the boots will remain the same element for all attacks.

Selphea
Aug 18, 2015, 05:59 PM
Both PAs and normal attacks.

There's a guide in my sig.

elryan
Aug 18, 2015, 10:18 PM
without it you have really bad damage, and the other stance is virtually useless. you'll have so many skill points left over - that you may as well take it

Not virtually useless.

For the sake of argument, let's lay out the number:

Break Stance: 135% x 110% = 148.5%
Break Stance SD: +48.5% x 45% = +21.825% => 121.825%
Elemental Stance: 120% x 110% = 132%

As you can see, Break Stance deals damage more than Elemental Stance and only slightly less on SD. It requires you to use Dual Blade to utilize the SD but hey, it's not like you're going to use Break Stance as JB stance and/or use BO as your subclass.

Break Stance is equally as good as Elemental Stance and I don't understand why people are actually dissing it so badly.

Anduril
Aug 18, 2015, 10:22 PM
Not virtually useless.

As you can see, Break Stance deals damage more than Elemental Stance and only slightly less on SD. It requires you to use Dual Blade to utilize the SD but hey, it's not like you're going to use Break Stance as JB stance and/or use BO as your subclass.
Break Stance is equally as good as Elemental Stance and I don't understand why people are actually dissing it so badly.
It's more about consistency. Break Stance only works on enemies that have breakable parts which not all enemies have, so that 10% difference between BS SD and ES can be the difference between a few extra hits in many cases. Also, since many Bo builds are Fi/Bo, BS SD is unusable.

elryan
Aug 18, 2015, 10:25 PM
It's more about consistency. Break Stance only works on enemies that have breakable parts which not all enemies have, so that 10% difference between BS SD and ES can be the difference between a few extra hits in many cases. Also, since many Bo builds are Fi/Bo, BS SD is unusable.

But that argument can be reversed honestly,

"The (16%) difference between BS and ES can be the difference between a few extra hits on many cases (when hitting break points)"

Besides, many bosses require you to actually break their parts first prior exposing weak points.

After weak points is exposed, that 10% damage fluctuation becomes irrelevant as weak points have 1.5x+ multiplier.

Anduril
Aug 18, 2015, 10:32 PM
But that argument can be reversed honestly,

"The (16%) difference between BS and ES can be the difference between a few extra hits on many cases (when hitting break points)"

Besides, many bosses require you to actually break their parts first prior exposing weak points.

After weak points is exposed, that 10% damage fluctuation becomes irrelevant as weak points have 1.5x+ multiplier.
Which is a legitimate argument for the use of BS.
But, actually, the weak point multiplier further increases the gap to an ≈20% difference between BS SD and ES. Obviously, this is with the exception of the bi-pedal Dragonkin bosses that have infinitely "breakable" faces, in which case BS will outclass ES.

LonelyGaruga
Aug 18, 2015, 10:37 PM
Not virtually useless.

Break Stance SD Bonus does not apply Break Stance Up. It's actually a 115.75% modifier.

Break Stance SD Bonus also does not increase damage enough to be worth using over Elemental Stance, so not much reason to spec in it. Either go both or go Elemental Stance only.

yoshiblue
Aug 18, 2015, 10:52 PM
Would BS be worth having until you can get yourself a rainbow set? Then use a skill tree pass to switch?

Maninbluejumpsuit
Aug 18, 2015, 11:03 PM
Would BS be worth having until you can get yourself a rainbow set? Then use a skill tree pass to switch?

P'much. Only point to BS is A: too cheap to support ES, or B: have 13* DB you want to use.

Selphea
Aug 19, 2015, 10:22 AM

If you want to go the reset route you're better off doing single JB + Elemental -> reset to rainbow DB + Elemental rather than single DB + Break -> reset.