PDA

View Full Version : Matoi Concert

Feyua
Aug 19, 2015, 12:34 AM
This is replacing ARKS Dance this week.

Matoi will be performing track #7 from [PHANTASY STAR ONLINE 2 キャラクターCD~Song Festival~ II]

Does anyone remember if this was announced beforehand?

ArcaneTechs
Aug 19, 2015, 12:53 AM
Wheres your source? far as I know shes getting a CD release and thats it

IronKrone
Aug 19, 2015, 12:56 AM
It's on pso2.jp and bumped.org, in the emergency quest schedule.

Looks like it's just on monitor and not an actual concert like Quna's.

ArcaneTechs
Aug 19, 2015, 01:11 AM
It's on pso2.jp and bumped.org, in the emergency quest schedule.

Looks like it's just on monitor and not an actual concert like Quna's.
Ah haven't looked at the sched yet, odd though

IronKrone
Aug 19, 2015, 01:39 AM
Ah haven't looked at the sched yet, odd though

I agree. I don't remember them announcing this, though I could have easily missed it.

Maybe it's just to promote the second character CD since it'll be released next week?

Mattykins
Aug 19, 2015, 01:45 AM
A Matoi concert? How? How can Matoi host a concert right now when currently in the storyline she is really bad at singing.

EspeonageTieler
Aug 19, 2015, 01:51 AM
A Matoi concert? How? How can Matoi host a concert right now when currently in the storyline she is really bad at singing.

ight we scrappin.........that was to stressful

SilenWhisper
Aug 19, 2015, 02:36 AM

Fanservice.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Aug 19, 2015, 03:00 AM
Fanservice.

For all 5 of them.

Seriously though, as is, her character is cliche to the point it's cringy. I liked her a bit better 10 years prior, but it made me cringe again when she said she'll aspire to be more girly and softspoken when the war is over.

TaigaUC
Aug 19, 2015, 03:04 AM
If she vanishes from the game at the end of episode 3, it's probably now or never.

landman
Aug 19, 2015, 03:13 AM
"Live Movie Event", maybe this is not a concert and just a scheduled video on the big screen... it would be strange for them to not previously promote something game related.

Oh, it says so in bumped:

Live Movie Event: Matoi

Matoi’s song from the 2nd Character Song CD will be displayed on the large monitor at the times specified in the EQ Calendar.

Kondibon
Aug 19, 2015, 03:27 AM
I like matoi though. ):

I'm actually going to be disappointed if she gets "Saved" at the end though

Dammy
Aug 19, 2015, 04:33 AM
i got sick of all of these dances, concerts, movies , festivals
we here to kill stuff ffs, that shit is annoying

lemonlight16
Aug 19, 2015, 04:37 AM

I for one love these concerts/festivals and hope we get more of them. I'm unaware of any other MMO having these kind of things ingame.

Rakurai
Aug 19, 2015, 05:10 AM
I like matoi though. ):

I'm actually going to be disappointed if she gets "Saved" at the end though

With how much attention she gets in promotional material and such, I'd be seriously surprised if they had the guts to kill her off permanently.

I'm expecting that she'll probably end up being separated from the PD somehow in the next story quest.

Zorua
Aug 19, 2015, 05:31 AM
With how much attention she gets in promotional material and such, I'd be seriously surprised if they had the guts to kill her off permanently.

I'm expecting that she'll probably end up being separated from the PD somehow in the next story quest.

I remember reading something about dataminers finding files that mean she's going to relearn how to use light technics. Not sure if that's true, but if it is, you know what that implies.

oratank
Aug 19, 2015, 05:40 AM

maybe she become like mika and stick with us

Kondibon
Aug 19, 2015, 05:41 AM
I never said I expect things to go one way or the other, only that I'll be disappointed.

Misaki Ki
Aug 19, 2015, 06:07 AM
Matoi, how could you!

KazukiQZ
Aug 19, 2015, 06:58 AM
Kinda hope instead of just Matoi, SEGA would also broadcast other songs from the CD. I kinda like Theodore song xD

ThePSOVeteran
Aug 19, 2015, 08:51 AM
I left my video monitor screens disabled...cause lag... So I'll never get to see this anyways.

Rakurai
Aug 19, 2015, 09:04 AM
There isn't even anything to see. It's just music with some pictures and lyrics.

I want normal concerts back.

Vintasticvin
Aug 19, 2015, 09:40 AM

True we're here to kill things but think of these as morale boosts specially from our characters point of view they are constantly fighting in a losing battle against the darkers etc.

Punisher106
Aug 19, 2015, 11:03 AM
All these black bars about Matoi, yet I can't look at them, because Gabe New--- I mean the Story Patch team hasn't translated anything from 3-4, onward.

RadiantLegend
Aug 19, 2015, 11:59 AM
The video screens are being used. I'm happy.

starwind75043
Aug 19, 2015, 12:03 PM
This would be better if they have people submit matoi fan art to go along with it instead of the stock photos they used

Vatallus
Aug 19, 2015, 12:29 PM
I'm pretty sure Sega is just advertising their new character CD that comes out in a week. As said before this song is on it.

Zorafim
Aug 20, 2015, 12:45 PM
All these black bars about Matoi, yet I can't look at them, because Gabe New--- I mean the Story Patch team hasn't translated anything from 3-4, onward.

Shame, that. Many people are getting bored of the game, but it still seems to be going strong. Well, "Strong".

Mega Ultra Chicken
Aug 20, 2015, 02:43 PM
Meh, I just tuned out and danced to Moskau (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQAKRw6mToA) instead.

reaper527
Aug 20, 2015, 03:24 PM
someone summed this entire matoi thing up perfectly in public chat last night on the block i was in:

first they nerfed shunka
then they nerfed gunner
now they nerfed the concerts

seriously, that matoi thing is BAD. what was sega thinking?

Shadowth117
Aug 20, 2015, 03:42 PM
Yeah, it amazes me that they didn't just stick someone on stage to dance at least. They put all the trouble into the Arks Dance thing and then put the laziest possible substitute immediately afterward. Its a little silly honestly.

landman
Aug 20, 2015, 03:59 PM
Does this give any boost? because there is a magachu very early in the morning... I'd like to know if I can sleep 30 extra minutes or not.

LonelyGaruga
Aug 20, 2015, 04:09 PM
10% triboost.