PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 [JP] Questions

AAneko
Aug 21, 2015, 09:21 AM
Hi, I'm heading over to the JP Server of PSO2 and am wondering which Ship has more English/International players in it? Any Teams I can join in that is newbie-friendly?

jooozek
Aug 21, 2015, 09:26 AM
ship2 has so many english players that sometimes i wonder if all the japanese have left the game :wacko:

AAneko
Aug 21, 2015, 09:30 AM
ship2 has so many english players that sometimes i wonder if all the japanese have left the game :wacko:

Oooh nice. Might try Ship 2 then. Now to wait for Teams willing to adopt Me, hahaha. Cheers. :)

TehCubey
Aug 21, 2015, 09:43 AM

That's because most JP players left on ship 2 either:
1. Don't mind being surrounded by English players
or
2. Actively stick around to report EN people/find proof that they suck/etc

In short ship 2 has so many EN players that it's not always a good thing and its general atmosphere is not always the best. Ships 4 and 10 also have significant amounts of EN players (but many less in comparison), while being IMO nicer and more relaxed.

AAneko
Aug 21, 2015, 09:55 AM
That's because most JP players left on ship 2 either:
1. Don't mind being surrounded by English players
or

In short ship 2 has so many EN players that it's not always a good thing and its general atmosphere is not always the best. Ships 4 and 10 also have significant amounts of EN players (but many less in comparison), while being IMO nicer and more relaxed.

I see, I see. I'll keep that in mind. I can create 2 characters, right. Might try the other ships as well and see which one has a better atmosphere for me to play on. :)

Nyansan
Aug 21, 2015, 10:01 AM
Hi, I'm heading over to the JP Server of PSO2 and am wondering which Ship has more English/International players in it? Any Teams I can join in that is newbie-friendly?

Just curious but, are you SEA Ship 1's Shimapan? IIRC the your username is the same as his/her IGN

Stickboy
Aug 21, 2015, 10:28 AM
ooh, how is sea's current situation

AAneko
Aug 21, 2015, 12:30 PM
Just curious but, are you SEA Ship 1's Shimapan? IIRC the your username is the same as his/her IGN

Yes, I am. XD

ooh, how is sea's current situation

SEA is alright, lots of things to do now as well since They just updated a lot of new content.

Flaoc
Aug 21, 2015, 12:46 PM
Ships 4 and 10 also have significant amounts of EN players (but many less in comparison), while being IMO nicer and more relaxed.

or you know.. random en player on ship 4 befriends u despite knowing ur from ship 2 then blacklists u later on for literally no reason besides the fact u came from ship 2.. like uhh what? what did i do? i dont act like those b1 dudes

Shadowth117
Aug 21, 2015, 02:16 PM
Ship 2 is probably your best bet, but ship 10 is probably not a bad backup although it will have less English to talk to. Ship 4 denizens might be prone to more elitism overall which may not be the best for someone who hasn't experienced the JP content yet.

elryan
Aug 21, 2015, 02:33 PM

If there's any JP that actually does that, he/she's truly a no lifer.

I mean really, why on earth would you deprive yourself of gameplay fun by instead being such a sore person?

:lol:

emeraude
Aug 21, 2015, 04:11 PM
Pantsu-san! This is Loka. Try Ship 2, it has the most Eng speakers atm. Avoid B01.

AAneko
Aug 21, 2015, 10:14 PM
Pantsu-san! This is Loka. Try Ship 2, it has the most Eng speakers atm. Avoid B01.

Nice! My DL is almost done now, will try Ship 2 and Ship 10 then. :D

KazukiQZ
Aug 22, 2015, 12:24 AM
^Better create both character on same ship, and in this case, Ship2, because they share storage and meseta bank, meaning you can accumulate meseta (via certain Client Orders or selling stuff) as twice as fast compared to single character only.

Trust me, most people that I've met that had done 2 ships and 1 character each had regretted the decision, but then they feel the character is too valuable to delete now because of high level + item reward on different ship xD

Speaking of reward, sometimes SEGA will hand out reward via visiphone (PSO2 equivalent of mailbox, maybe? xD), But then only 1 ship will get the reward while if both characters are on same ship, you dont have to worry about choosing.

And then this situation can happen to you: Ship10 char got a raredrop of a very strong Katana, sweet! Now my Braver can use it--- wait...My Braver's on Ship2.....And my Ship10 char is a Force....Nooooooo~

elryan
Aug 22, 2015, 12:32 AM
^Better create both character on same ship, and in this case, Ship2, because they share storage and meseta bank, meaning you can accumulate meseta (via certain Client Orders or selling stuff) as twice as fast compared to single character only.

This.

Weekly revenue per character:

XQ = 400k + 250k + 150k
TA = 160k Vopar + 230k SH + 180k VH x5
Zieg = 60k + 11 Lambda Grinders
Hans = 6 Yin Proxene x 7 days

Total: 2150k + 42 Yin Proxene + 11 Lambda Grinder

If you have 2 characters on the same ship, you'll have 4300k + 84 Yin Proxene + 22 Lambda Grinders per week. That's alot!

Plus occasionally you'll get skill tree reset. If you have 2 characters, you'll be handed out 2 skill resets instead of 1!

Not to mention daily CO gives out certain orders that can be done when finishing other stuffs / easily and acts as extra revenue (daily TA COs, kill stuffs for meseta, etc.)

emeraude
Aug 22, 2015, 02:32 AM
This.

Weekly revenue per character:

XQ = 400k + 250k + 150k
TA = 160k Vopar + 230k SH + 180k VH x5
Zieg = 60k + 11 Lambda Grinders
Hans = 6 Yin Proxene x 7 days

Total: 2150k + 42 Yin Proxene + 11 Lambda Grinder

If you have 2 characters on the same ship, you'll have 4300k + 84 Yin Proxene + 22 Lambda Grinders per week. That's alot!

Plus occasionally you'll get skill tree reset. If you have 2 characters, you'll be handed out 2 skill resets instead of 1!

Not to mention daily CO gives out certain orders that can be done when finishing other stuffs / easily and acts as extra revenue (daily TA COs, kill stuffs for meseta, etc.)

If you're wondering why the pyroxene is there, 200 of those gets you an x15 13*.

Nyansan
Aug 22, 2015, 06:31 AM
^Better create both character on same ship

^ Plus not only can you get more meseta off dailies/TACO/XQ, you can also dedicate pure mags for 2 of the 3 attack types there are (i.e. pure S-ATK mag for BR/HU, FI/HU, FI/BO etc. then R-ATK on another character for RA/BR, GU/RA) for characters on same ship, so getting rares becomes more efficient since only 1 attack type is NG.

Is Lendoroid-san coming aswell? :3

AAneko
Aug 22, 2015, 09:49 AM
If you're wondering why the pyroxene is there, 200 of those gets you an x15 13*.

Sounds good. I'm a casual player and already almost 40 with all the Quests available (Also is it just me or the exp given by Hans and Revelle higher).

^ Plus not only can you get more meseta off dailies/TACO/XQ, you can also dedicate pure mags for 2 of the 3 attack types there are (i.e. pure S-ATK mag for BR/HU, FI/HU, FI/BO etc. then R-ATK on another character for RA/BR, GU/RA) for characters on same ship, so getting rares becomes more efficient since only 1 attack type is NG.

Is Lendoroid-san coming aswell? :3

I'm making a Jet Boots Bouncer (Always wanted to try it). I have no idea if He will come though, I'm alone in this hahaha.

untrustful
Aug 22, 2015, 10:02 AM
IM AM ON SHIP 10 SHIP 10 IS GREAT

dingophone
Aug 22, 2015, 12:42 PM
There's plenty of JP players on ship 2 still. They're just usually on at different times than eng players.

AAneko
Aug 24, 2015, 01:43 AM
Thanks a bunch for everything guys, can you give any final tips like what not to do to avoid being banned or something. I heard You can get banned immediately after being found out to be a foreigner.

ArcaneTechs
Aug 24, 2015, 02:16 AM
Thanks a bunch for everything guys, can you give any final tips like what not to do to avoid being banned or something. I heard You can get banned immediately after being found out to be a foreigner.
You heard wrong

Basically, don't act like a Block 01/20 tard, treat others with respect or as you would want to be treated yourself or simply keep to yourself and friends.

It would take a load of people to report you for whatever reason to get you banned or something, far as I know, people who have been banned have been banned for the right reasons (some claim they're innocent or w/e, high amount of doubt there) debatable but just don't be a nuisance to people in terms of annoying people in the lobby with spam etc

Speaking to JP players in English or Japanese isn't going to make them want to report you instantly either so no need to be Xenophobic, just be nice and courteous as you would any other player on any other game

emeraude
Aug 24, 2015, 02:33 AM
You don't get banned for being a foreigner mostly, you get banned for being an asshole.

Shadowth117
Aug 24, 2015, 03:24 AM

The most standout reason that I've seen people I've known get banned for is using hack tools although I'm sure rustling JP jimmies too much wouldn't be great for you either. Like the others said, as long as you don't go out of your way to be a douche than you're fine.

jooozek
Aug 24, 2015, 03:52 AM
you can get banned if your char name is sexysluttybitch :wacko:

AAneko
Aug 24, 2015, 06:26 AM
You heard wrong

Basically, don't act like a Block 01/20 tard, treat others with respect or as you would want to be treated yourself or simply keep to yourself and friends.

It would take a load of people to report you for whatever reason to get you banned or something, far as I know, people who have been banned have been banned for the right reasons (some claim they're innocent or w/e, high amount of doubt there) debatable but just don't be a nuisance to people in terms of annoying people in the lobby with spam etc

Speaking to JP players in English or Japanese isn't going to make them want to report you instantly either so no need to be Xenophobic, just be nice and courteous as you would any other player on any other game

Ok got it, thanks. How about buying ARKS Cash, is there some chance you might get banned from buying, like SEGA finding out you're from outside or something?

Spiral
Aug 24, 2015, 06:32 AM
Ok got it, thanks. How about buying ARKS Cash, is there some chance you might get banned from buying, like SEGA finding out you're from outside or something?

As far as am aware, no one has been banned for such. Know many buy AC. So should be fine.

As others have stated, likely shouldn't be banned for anything other than reasons your account would normally be suspended or banned in any other online game. (Ex. hacking, player harassment, inappropriate name, etc)

Zyrusticae
Aug 24, 2015, 09:21 AM
There's plenty of JP players on ship 2 still. They're just usually on at different times than eng players.
Yup, their prime time is during our sleep times (like 4-7 AM Central, which are typically slow times for US players).

Majority population on ship 2 remains Japanese.

On another note, it is absolutely HILARIOUS how absolutely everyone avoids block 20 now, as if it were cursed. Its legacy shall live on forever!

Nyaato
Aug 24, 2015, 11:40 AM

Hai Shimapan~ Nyaato here~ :3.

Great Pan
Aug 25, 2015, 07:08 PM
Avoid shitty EN players at all costs, that's the onry advice I'll gave ya.