PDA

View Full Version : Fix For Game Not Launching After Pre-Patch Being Available

elryan
Aug 22, 2015, 01:11 PM
Forking this discussion from Quick Questions Thread for visibility http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213385&page=2180

Apparently, launching the game today after the pre-patch is available for download deadlocks your Windows Defender against GameGuard for some reason.

I monitored Windows Defender (Antimalware Service Executable) disk usage and it hogs up to 100% and prevents you to play past the opening movies.

The solution is simply to disable Windows Defender until the issue is fixed.

Not sure if it's because of the Tweaker or the Gameguard itself.

Apparently it's not a tweaker problem at all. I never used it and still got that issue since the Prepatch of today. Kinda strange.

You can either make an exception in Windows Defender for PSO2's program folder (for example C:\SEGA for me)

Apparently not Tweaker? You can also exclude the entire PSO2 folder from Defender for the fix.

Various diagnostics:
- Restarted the computer, multiple times: not fixed
- Launched game without patches (vanilla) : not fixed
- Launched game without item translation: not fixed
- Launched game without pso2proxy: not fixed
- Launched game after Tweaker Gameguard troubleshooting : still not fixed
- Disabled Windows Defender : successfully logged in.

sph83
Aug 22, 2015, 02:51 PM
My windows defender is already disabled and i still have trouble to launch the game.
Sometimes my comp just freeze and i need to reboot and sometimes i can make it but after waiting 10min on the black screen.
And even if i can make it, i can't see my chars on character select and the loading to lobby seems infinite :/

Edit: nvm i had microsoft security essentials activated.

Karen Erra
Aug 22, 2015, 03:14 PM
Apparently it's not a tweaker problem at all. I never used it and still got that issue since the Prepatch of today. Kinda strange.

You can either make an exception in Windows Defender for PSO2's program folder (for example C:\SEGA for me) or disable Windows Defender completely which is not a huge problem on Windows 8.x but on Windows 10 it's apparently one of the things Microsoft wants you to use. Disabling Windows Defender in it's settings will only temporary disable it and it will be re-enabled after a restart.

So the best way probably is the fix this with changing the registry. I'll attach a .zip file with two registry files, one to disable and one to enable Windows Defender. If anyone else has this problem and uses Windows 10, this may help.
If you download this, just extract it and execute the Disable Windows Defender.reg file and restart your computer. That should do the trick. At least it did for me.

plateialumitar
Aug 22, 2015, 04:04 PM
I already had Windows Defender disabled, but adding the game's process (in my case G:\PSO2-JP\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2\pso2_bin\pso2 (application file)) and file location as exceptions in Microsoft Security Essentials sorted it (it's probably essentially doing the same thing).

landman
Aug 22, 2015, 04:22 PM
Ha, didn't know this was generalized, I just did the "usual" procedure when something goes wrong, and that's various file checks, deleted gameguard, and other procedures the tweaker has, and it finally worked.

KazukiQZ
Aug 22, 2015, 05:36 PM
@landman

I've done that last night, and yes it fixed the game abit. And then this morning it happended again (locked at black screen)

So, I'm trying the method plateialumitar had mentioned, hope it works.

Shinamori
Aug 22, 2015, 06:41 PM
Do any of you use any other Virus protection software by chance?

HentaiLolicon
Aug 22, 2015, 08:02 PM
just re-download pso2.exe and gameguard if shit still not work, re-install directX. I got that blackscreen after prepatch then I applied those methods above, It's working fine now

HaxMega
Aug 22, 2015, 08:08 PM
Do a file check on the official launcher if your getting a black screen on boot after prepatching. I don't use the tweaker at all and had this issue, so it's unrelated to that. File check fixed it for me right away.

ArcaneTechs
Aug 22, 2015, 08:53 PM
Does no one ever learn to wait at least until maintenance day or when maintenance starts to pre-patch? I thought we all knew this already by now from past mishaps

elryan
Aug 22, 2015, 09:17 PM
Does no one ever learn to wait at least until maintenance day or when maintenance starts to pre-patch? I thought we all knew this already by now from past mishaps

This bug occurs whether pre-patch is downloaded or not, in both cases, pre-patches are not applied.

PokeminMaster
Aug 22, 2015, 10:00 PM
Is it odd that everything is still fine for me? I've been playing all day

and yet PSOBB has been giving me a hell of a lot of trouble with Windows security lol

Anduril
Aug 22, 2015, 10:05 PM
Is it odd that everything is still fine for me? I've been playing all day

As is the case with a lot of technical issues, due to different hardware and software setups, not everyone experiences the same issues.

BlankM
Aug 22, 2015, 10:23 PM
I have this issue now every time I restart my computer. Using PSO2Tweakers fix exe files makes it work again for me.

the_importer_
Aug 22, 2015, 10:43 PM
lol, I stopped using Avast and started using Defender because of the last issue. Let's hope this gets resolved before I patch my game.

Victory Dracowolf
Aug 22, 2015, 10:46 PM
When is the next maintenance and where can I find it I am new to PSO2 I've been trying this whole week to get on I got to the Sega ID and password but the 674 error pops up for me and I've tried to see if my Input Method was the problem but it wasn't and I tried putting in my Sega ID all lower case. If you could help with where exactly the maintenance is it would be Much appreciated!

Angry_Ryudo
Aug 23, 2015, 03:46 AM
In my case at least, black screen didn't mean the game hung up, the game just took 6~7 minutes to start, which, in computer user time, is an eternity.

In addition, there were strange loading/freeze times with npc voices (for example, Faina's or Pudding's) and music chunks.

Arada
Aug 23, 2015, 04:17 AM
In my case at least, black screen didn't mean the game hung up, the game just took 6~7 minutes to start, which, in computer user time, is an eternity.

In addition, there were strange loading/freeze times with npc voices (for example, Faina's or Pudding's) and music chunks.

I have that on any audio files. Emergency Code: Freeze whenever it's announced.
And that's on top of starting screen taking 3 minutes to appear.

EDIT: Windows Defender was disabled on my computer, however Microsoft Security Essentials was used. When I added PSO2 folder to the list of exceptions, I have no more problems.

Hatsodoom
Aug 23, 2015, 09:00 PM
Oh so it was Windows Defender? Anyway something that worked for me was clicking "check for updates". It worked after that, but I'll make an exception in Windows Defender too.

KazukiQZ
Aug 23, 2015, 10:04 PM
Can proved that making exception on Windows Defender/Security Essentials for PSO2.exe and and PSO installation folder fixed the problem.

nagasuka
Aug 27, 2015, 06:36 AM
I still cant play i tried making exeptions disabling defender nothing
meanwhile I confirmed that source of problems is gameguard itself not precede or something since Lineage 2us uses GG and crashes just llike pso2 while lineage2 eu works fine (they have no GG)

nagasuka
Aug 31, 2015, 06:12 PM
Well for now i installed Windows XP :P and can play but seriously is it only solution?