PDA

View Full Version : Challenge Mode 2 Discussion

Pages : [1] 2

Poyonche
Aug 25, 2015, 02:37 PM
Reminder : Here are the pictures I managed to datamine :

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/JfvyMFK.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Compound techs will be available in Interval Area, for example, Zandion will be 1*Razonde and 1* Unknown item. So I expect Fomelgion could be Ramegid/Rafoie + weird item and Barantsion could be Rabarta/Ragrants + weird item again.
[SPOILER-BOX]
http://i.imgur.com/Xr3Md5V.png

http://i.imgur.com/s8C2UqE.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

To VR Cans and Red Container or To 2 Large Miles Crystals ? That is the question. (clearly the first choice for me)

And now, talk ! [insert "now kiss" meme here]

[Ayumi]
Aug 25, 2015, 02:42 PM
I expect losing within the first 5 minutes after setting up with randoms for 2 hours and getting very little milage.

Bellion
Aug 25, 2015, 02:44 PM
It's going to be Razonde + any disc for Zandion.

femme fatale
Aug 25, 2015, 03:13 PM
a little too easy to obtain for what they can do

Z-0
Aug 25, 2015, 03:16 PM
Not quite, because you have to actually use techs to build up to them and you only get one shot. If it's anything like CM1, techs really lose out in the later maps due to stronger weapons and PAs, so they might not be worth using.

Also 2 Large Mile Crystals, totally worth it. Unless Redbox is like CM1's redbox, if so I am going to take that just to use lolPAs.

femme fatale
Aug 25, 2015, 03:19 PM
still though, once you have it ready you can do some pretty dank stuff

Zorua
Aug 25, 2015, 03:20 PM
I have a feeling that pubs won't be able to get past the house darker.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Aug 25, 2015, 03:44 PM
I have a feeling that pubs won't be able to get past the house darker.

Pugs can barely get past house darker in kuron.

Anyway, depending on how early on you can pick up the compound techs, and if we can get something as rigged as zan, or ilmegid, they'll just break CM.

Poyonche
Aug 25, 2015, 03:48 PM
Oh yes please give us Zan !

I NEED zan.

Also how much is a large miles Crystal ?

Kondibon
Aug 25, 2015, 03:50 PM
I'm expecting lots of people complaining about everyone else.

Oh wait, it's already happening. :wacko:

femme fatale
Aug 25, 2015, 03:54 PM
the house darker, i'm not 100% sure how it works but based on my experience with katana in kuron, parrying his candy staff attack seems to reveal his head weakspot though sometimes it doesn't leave his head out for you to hit...

jiasu73
Aug 25, 2015, 04:08 PM
I'm expecting lots of people complaining about everyone else.

Oh wait, it's already happening. :wacko:
yup this will definitely happen. Hype for cm2 though gonna be fun

Shinamori
Aug 25, 2015, 04:09 PM
I'm expecting 2ch'so blacklist to explode, exponentially.

Zanverse
Aug 25, 2015, 04:28 PM
What's so difficult about dealing with Orota Biketta? Just spam PAs and hope that all three of it's lanterns don't light up. That's when it starts flailing and smashing shit.

Bellion
Aug 25, 2015, 04:31 PM
I think that's the problem, spamming PAs.
If you fail to hit the weakpoint head 3 times in a row, that's when it starts rampaging. You should try to be careful and make sure you hit that correct head instead of just attacking non-stop carelessly.

Xaelouse
Aug 25, 2015, 04:34 PM
I'm expecting pugs to easily reach M3 then never really touch it again
Reaching M3 is so you can unlock the new stuff in the mile shop

LonelyGaruga
Aug 25, 2015, 04:41 PM
Is there any solid source saying that's actually necessary? Only thing I heard was talking about acquiring units within CM. We've never had to unlock trade-in stuff before.

Xaelouse
Aug 25, 2015, 04:56 PM
http://www.g-heaven.net/topics/2015/08/150824a.html

CM2 will also be just 5 missions

Poyonche
Aug 25, 2015, 04:58 PM
I'm pretty sure I saw a picture where it was written "Complete the 6 missions !" in japanese, on Dengeki scan or Famitsu.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Aug 25, 2015, 05:03 PM
What's so difficult about dealing with Orota Biketta? Just spam PAs and hope that all three of it's lanterns don't light up. That's when it starts flailing and smashing shit.

That's exactly the problem with pugs.

All you need to do is wait, tap the correct head with a normal attack, sakura end it twice, and it's dead.

People that do what you do make it a painfully long time sink, and gets people trampled by the thing.

Bellion
Aug 25, 2015, 05:16 PM
Possibly 6.
[SPOILER-BOX]
http://mmoloda.com/pso2/image/63139.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

LunaSolstice
Aug 25, 2015, 05:26 PM
I expect to have fun lol

Though at the moment,I do find CM more enjoyable than the other content in the game currently,except for TD3,that is my favorite EQ in the game.

Z-0
Aug 25, 2015, 07:51 PM
I'm debating actually clearing it with a group or joining pugs and getting all the mile crystals instead of the bonus items...

The latter sounds more fun. :wacko:

Flaoc
Aug 25, 2015, 07:53 PM
I'm debating actually clearing it with a group or joining pugs and getting all the mile crystals instead of the bonus items...

screwing over pugs for fun :wacko: well not like they would get far anyway so mile crystals it is

final_attack
Aug 25, 2015, 07:56 PM
I wonder how much we got by clearing o-o
Since it's .... faster, probably less CM? o-o

Z-0
Aug 25, 2015, 07:56 PM
You'd probably get more miles out of getting the mile crystals than trying to get further with bad PUGs, honestly.

Naoya Kiriyama
Aug 25, 2015, 08:16 PM

That advice is as bad as "to calm a rabid dog, just spam with hugs and hope that it doesn't bite you".

Best option for me to deal with the house darker is locking on the right head and shoot it. For some reason, lock on ALWAYS target the right head for me. Not sure if it's intended, I don't take too many strolls in Kuron.

Normally in main game idgaf about it because I just use PAs because of lazyness, but in CM2 thing is totally different, and a failure to hit the right head will be a harsher punishment than it seems. And I expect people to not realize this and going full retard

pkemr4
Aug 25, 2015, 08:17 PM
Drama

Flaoc
Aug 25, 2015, 08:30 PM
http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/icons_large/enemy_preview/enemy_806.png

we are so doomed (in pugs)

edit:

http://grabilla.com/0581a-48a99961-b59f-4cb3-8c5b-5879e24c9dff.png

LunaSolstice
Aug 25, 2015, 09:23 PM
^ Thats why this game has crosshair mode though lol

Rakurai
Aug 25, 2015, 09:43 PM
I'm hoping the final boss is Zeta Granz, not the mecha beast duo.

I'm also expecting Falz Angel to make an appearance somewhere.

PokeminMaster
Aug 25, 2015, 10:02 PM
I'm hoping the final boss is Zeta Granz, not the mecha beast duo.

I'm also expecting Falz Angel to make an appearance somewhere.
Let's get Falz Dourumble 8 )

EvilMag
Aug 26, 2015, 12:15 AM
Patch notes mention you need to go up to Mission 4 to get the CM2 shop.

TaigaUC
Aug 26, 2015, 12:16 AM
Everybody already know about the 100% boost for CM2?

Edit: There's a new chat command <getitem> or <gi> which shows the last picked up item.
So you can say <gi>いただきました, etc.

WEED420BLAZEIT
Aug 26, 2015, 12:35 AM
Patch notes mention you need to go up to Mission 4 to get the CM2 shop.

way to go SEGA

Poyonche
Aug 26, 2015, 02:21 AM
Inb4 the items in the shop depends of the choices you made (best items only if you picked miles crystals) :wacko:

Naoya Kiriyama
Aug 26, 2015, 02:29 AM
Inb4 the items in the shop depends of the choices you made (best items only if you picked miles crystals) :wacko:

Wouldn't be the red boxes more accurate?

cragner2
Aug 26, 2015, 02:53 AM
I dont even know what Cmode1 is LOL, let alone 2

Poyonche
Aug 26, 2015, 02:54 AM
Wouldn't be the red boxes more accurate?

We're talking about SEGA ya'know ? :wacko:

jiasu73
Aug 26, 2015, 03:29 AM
Very first run and decided to go as 5. got that ult lilipa boss out but only 40% in m5
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/1v9iepX.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Rakurai
Aug 26, 2015, 03:32 AM
Full clear gives 2.5K miles assuming you picked up the VR energy instead of crystals at every opportunity.

Final boss is Anga Fandarge. I had Satellite Cannon and a 12* rifle, so it got owned pretty quickly.

Flaoc
Aug 26, 2015, 03:38 AM
Full clear gives 2.5K miles assuming you picked up the VR energy instead of crystals at every opportunity.

Final boss is Anga Fandarge. I had Satellite Cannon and a 12* rifle, so it got owned pretty quickly.

so wait c mode 2 is shorter? no hard variations of each mission?

Xaelouse
Aug 26, 2015, 03:56 AM
Like I said, everyone completes mission 4 or 5 then go back to idling in their ship's lobby.
I stuck with my interval 1 partizan all the way through, didnt even care if I was doing much or not, and cleared

Rakurai
Aug 26, 2015, 04:03 AM
so wait c mode 2 is shorter? no hard variations of each mission?

It's indeed only five missions long.

I don't think it gives as much miles as the first quest for the time spent, but it's nice to have something shorter.

The bulk of the miles come from the ones you choose to pick up, though, so having an excellent group is a must for maximizing efficiency. Taking the top path in mission 4 is especially important, as it gets you 500 extra miles.

TaigaUC
Aug 26, 2015, 04:13 AM
Got to mission 4 on first try. It's a lot more straightforward than CM1.
Basically do as much damage as you can, and don't get hit.

Sora3100
Aug 26, 2015, 04:24 AM
So I just got to m5 40%, guess what, you have to fight anga

Maenara
Aug 26, 2015, 04:26 AM
Completed on my second pug run. Mission is easy as shit if a clear is all you're going for.

Poyonche
Aug 26, 2015, 04:29 AM
Pretty easy way to get CMiles.

Also, whaaaaaaaaat ? Weren't Ideal Units supposed to have like 261 (based on trailer) def ? They only have 209 w/o affixes (less than Zieg's DEX units).
Also show them to Zieg to get 120 000 CMiles !!

Sega, I'm disappointed.

Individual bonus :

-Rear = 100HP, +2 Ice, Wind and dark resist
-Arm = 10PP, +2 fire, Lightning and light resist
-Leg = Same as rear

Reward for completing Mission 5 is a Jetboots camo.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/c2hZkIX.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Mq0p0Kv.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Now i'll stop editing that poor post that want to stay alone.

Vatallus
Aug 26, 2015, 04:36 AM
First run. Too easy. I'm sure someone else had noted it but there is a weak bullet.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/Nuclear_Knight/pso20150826_033440_001_zpsfxovpjlx.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Rakurai
Aug 26, 2015, 05:03 AM
Is weak bullet for sale in one of the shops, or is it just a random drop?

The last mission is probably a complete joke assuming you've got that, a Zanverse user, and the TE buffs.

Sora3100
Aug 26, 2015, 05:04 AM
Pff this really is far too easy, already cleared.

Vatallus
Aug 26, 2015, 05:07 AM
Is weak bullet for sale in one of the shops, or is it just a random drop?

The last mission is probably a complete joke assuming you've got that, a Zanverse user, and the TE buffs.

I didn't have it but the time the Ranger started using it was in the final stage. So either the Falz Arm + Hunar combo in M4 dropped it or it came from the final shop. Can tell you Falz Arm dropped me a 11* talis and Hunar dropped me Lightning Espada and Lavis Blades. The final shop sells 12*/11* weapons, Magatsu Units. and about 5 other tabs of abilities.

edit: Friend told me it came from the shop. "stone upgrade" - So it cost stones to buy. Also it seems the final shop takes disc in-trade for stones that can be used to buy the higher tier stones.

Z-0
Aug 26, 2015, 05:08 AM
Weak Bullet costs 9 red stones, it is not worth it.

TE buffs are 2 red stones.

If you want an instant clear, everyone takes Katana and Sakura for the entire mission, and gets Brisa Set in Interval 2. We overfilled like 40-50% VR and cleared with about 50% remaining lol. :/

Bellion
Aug 26, 2015, 05:08 AM
So it is 5 stages. _(:3
You can buy WB for 9 red stones in the 2nd shop.

Chigun
Aug 26, 2015, 05:11 AM
100% mission 5 clear on third run. Didn't do anything fancy in the last interval shop. Just got full brisa set, used weapons from previous missions/shop. Wrecked things in last area with ease. Could get hit over and over thanks to aforementioned armor. Minimal skill necessary.

Used to getting 24K (12K+ before 100% bonus) per run from the previous CM boost week. Now getting under 6K with a 100% bonus. I realize the time is much shorter to complete, but personally I find starting the mission/the early stages where your equipment is entirely luck-based to be the most tiring and irritating part.

Also, I didn't read anything beforehand. I entirely expected 10 areas, and the CM to scale up roughly similar to CM1. My surprise on finding out this wasn't the case was enough for me to hop on these forums to try and find out if there might be some secret to unlocking stages 6+. Obviously not the case.

I don't really like jumping on the sega-bashing bandwagon or what have you, but in this case I really don't see the point of this existing. For fun, I guess. But like anything you repeat enough times, eventually you're going to default for what nets you higher gains, which in this case-- once the boost is gone-- is likely CM1.

jiasu73
Aug 26, 2015, 05:25 AM
lol waaay to easy first 8 man and cleared already

CoWorker
Aug 26, 2015, 05:26 AM
hmmm... at M4, in the fork path, last run the whole MPA took TOP path and its easy cuz its just walls and darkers are ignorable, but in the next run i unknowingly didnt follow the MPA and soloed TOP myself but its still easy and still 1 guy can gain 400 miles from it

Poyonche
Aug 26, 2015, 05:26 AM
I hope they'll do an update to add 5 additional stages.

final_attack
Aug 26, 2015, 05:27 AM
hmmm... at M4, in the fork path, last run the whole MPA took TOP path and its easy cuz its just walls and darkers are ignorable, but in the next run i unknowingly didnt follow the MPA and soloed TOP myself but its still easy and still 1 guy can gain 400 miles from it

Bottom Line will give Photon Turret at Falz, I think. Probably better go south, and have 1 person who can do north doing it?

Z-0
Aug 26, 2015, 05:29 AM
Nope, north is far better because having 12 players get to bosses immediately is much better than going south, even with 11-12P going south.

EDIT: Rather, that's what I think, I naturally haven't had time to put many strategies into practice.

Rakurai
Aug 26, 2015, 05:40 AM
It takes too long to kill the bosses on the bottom path for the turret to be worthwhile.

Achelousaurus
Aug 26, 2015, 06:19 AM
Not quite, because you have to actually use techs to build up to them and you only get one shot. If it's anything like CM1, techs really lose out in the later maps due to stronger weapons and PAs, so they might not be worth using.

Also 2 Large Mile Crystals, totally worth it. Unless Redbox is like CM1's redbox, if so I am going to take that just to use lolPAs.
Either way, left has a good amount of vr.
The problem is that all the idiots will obviously rush to get the ride side and be first to get the EPIC 100 cm for themselves. People are gonna screw over runs for 100 cm.
Either Sega is super retarded and has no clue about the player base or they do this intentionally so people have to farm cmode more.

http://i.imgur.com/EGevA.png

Everybody already know about the 100% boost for CM2?

Edit: There's a new chat command <getitem> or <gi> which shows the last picked up item.
So you can say <gi>いただきました, etc.
So nice. Now I don't have to menu again and coypaste the name fir - no wait, my name is in English so I have to copy the jp name anyway...

I'm gonna try out the new cmode now but I'll be damned if it doesn't sound like a dud.
"People are retards and can't do cmode, so lets just make a new mission you can clear even with pugs
This super easy game had this one challenging part left, we can't have that. Gotta fix ASAP!"

Goukezitsu
Aug 26, 2015, 06:28 AM
Yea same story for me. 3rd run in pubs we cleared with 50% vr or more left. Was kinda weird lol. No one did anything special we just fought and won. It seems purely an exercise of how well you know how to kill shit. Like the nab 2 of c mode or something minus the running fast.

TaigaUC
Aug 26, 2015, 06:32 AM
Cleared on 4th run. It's designed to be clearable by a decent group if you pick VR over miles.
I think that's good, it makes people feel more satisfied than just failing constantly mid-way.

My 2nd and 3rd runs had this weird JP guy who died constantly from the very start, over 10 times by the first interval.

Dual Blades seems strong as usual.
Disperse Shrike flattens mobs. Photon Blade Fever flattens bosses. Heavenly Kite works on bosses too.

Katana with Guren Tessen seems super strong in the first mission.

Did 1.7k with a Last Nemesis and full Mizer Soul set on Cater's head in Mission 3, from long distance.

Raujinn
Aug 26, 2015, 06:33 AM
3 runs in and no joy yet. Don't really like being stuck with Assault Rifle and Gunslash for m1-2 but not terribly important anyway.

Also we took the south path and got no turret at all, so that was just a massive time waster really.

Most of the frustration comes from people fighting mobs on top of the lilipans and bombs as well as people not knowing how to defuse the bombs...

Rakurai
Aug 26, 2015, 06:33 AM
Clearing it isn't the hard part.

Clearing it without opting for VR pick-ups is what the real challenge is.

Z-0
Aug 26, 2015, 06:35 AM
I think it's actually really easy getting the crystals, as long as you make sure to get the redbox with the stones in it (makes you lose 200 or 300 miles) so that you're able to buy the Brisa Set in the last interval.

Have everyone go Katana with Sakura and you're golden. Yet to properly try that though, since everyone was super tired on server up and just went to bed.

KatherineAlexandra
Aug 26, 2015, 06:36 AM
Cleared it on my first try in some random pug...

Z-0
Aug 26, 2015, 06:42 AM
Stuff:

In M2, there are three switches to the right -- two switches to attack and one to step on. If you get all three, a Photon Cannon spawns to the west which does a lot of damage on the Mizer and makes it much faster. It has infinite range so just a few people can organise to get the cannon. Note that 2 Wondas spawn when you get in it though, so be careful.

After the warp after Mizer, you can ignore the darkers and Lilipans and go straight for Malluda. It is a good idea to set up one player to be an aggro in this case (like Start) so that all players are able to focus on Malluda without much worry.

Make sure there is one player with Zonde in Mission 3, as the totem poles are really helpful. There are also 4 hidden VRs on each island in this mission.

In Mission 4, going north is definitely the superior option, do not bother with south. One ~ Two aggro people would be recommended to hold the invincible darkers.

There are 5% VRs in the air while you pult in M5, so make sure you spam confirm as you go over. :P

TaigaUC
Aug 26, 2015, 06:49 AM
Man, the drop rates for the weapons and PAs in the first mission are ass.
I keep getting a weapon and no PAs, and nobody has what I need.
One time, a party member got no weapon. Had to wait until M2.

And I keep having bosses drop nothing.

Feels like there are hidden (unglowing) VRs all over the place.

Z-0
Aug 26, 2015, 06:50 AM
Second box in M1 gives a set weapon and the third box gives 2 set PAs though. . .

Shops:
[spoiler-box]http://puu.sh/jP7gh/71a1da0258.png[/spoiler-box]
Messy formatting, I also couldn't be bothered putting the prices in for everything.

Naoya Kiriyama
Aug 26, 2015, 06:51 AM
In case someone's interested, here's translations of the items in i1 and i2 shops, thanks Sora3100 for the screenshots and cirnopedia for reference.

Interval 1
[SPOILER-BOX]
Weapons
- Alva Claymore
- Alva Tri
- Alva Berdiche
- Alva T Blades
- Alva D Rapier
- Alva Breaker
- Alva Scissor
- Alva Vastall
- Alva D Sabers
- Alva Beam
- Alva Raflame
- Alva T Gatling
- Alva Quadrapt
- Alva Striker
- Alva Obside
- Alva Scepter
- Alva J Sliders

Units
- Rear/Browile a
- Arm/Brimoier a
- Leg/Brandydos a
- Rear/Psitegral b
- Arm/Psitalgiram b
- Leg/Psitregner b
- Sub/Add Stamina d
- Sub/Add Spirita d

PAs
- Zandion
- Fomelgion
- Barantsion
- Ignite Parrying
- Heavnely Fall
- Tears Grid
- Symphonic Drive
- Deadly Archer
- Heartless Impact
- Kreisenschlag
- Sakura End
- Dispersion Shriek
- Impact Slider
- Rodeo Drive
- Dead Approach
- Torrential Arrow
- Strike Gust
- Zan
- Gimegid

Skills
- Photon Blade Fever
- Guard Stance
- Weak Stance
- Chase Advance Plus
- Showtime
- Tech Arts JA Bonus
- Snatch JA combo
- Charge PP revival
- Katana Combat
- Rapid Shot
- Talis Fast Throw
- Rapid Boost
- Elmental Burst

Consumibles
- Monomate
- Dimate
- Trimate
- Sol Atomizer
- Moon Atomizer
- Star Atomizer
- Challenge Doll[/SPOILER-BOX]

Interval 2
WIP

Rayden
Aug 26, 2015, 07:00 AM
Either way, left has a good amount of vr.
The problem is that all the idiots will obviously rush to get the ride side and be first to get the EPIC 100 cm for themselves. People are gonna screw over runs for 100 cm.
Either Sega is super retarded and has no clue about the player base or they do this intentionally so people have to farm cmode more.

What? I haven't tried the new quest yet so I might be understanding you wrong, but mile crystals apply to the whole group, not just the person that picks it up.

TaigaUC
Aug 26, 2015, 07:17 AM
Well, out of 6-7 runs, only had usable PAs twice, and nobody had what I needed.
And I'm not the only one having that problem.
I think it's because there's a higher variation rate than CM1's start.

Dunno about that weapon not dropping for JP friend in party.
It drops in front of everyone, so it'd be hard to miss.
I had to give them mine once I got a better one.

Raujinn
Aug 26, 2015, 07:21 AM
Yeah all my runs so far I've had to do m1/2 without a PA. It isn't that much of a handicap I don't think, but it is irritating.

Rakurai
Aug 26, 2015, 07:23 AM
What? I haven't tried the new quest yet so I might be understanding you wrong, but mile crystals apply to the whole group, not just the person that picks it up.

The point is that the average group isn't going to be good enough to finish the CQ without all of the VR pick-ups.

Raujinn
Aug 26, 2015, 07:29 AM
That's a bit presumptive, particularly as the quest has only been out for a few hours...

K.O. Kazjivo
Aug 26, 2015, 07:53 AM
First run with randoms, passed it. I was a bit surprised it ended so quickly though.

Achelousaurus
Aug 26, 2015, 08:00 AM
They do? Then the translation is super misleading.
Either way the point is that people will pick instant reward over a much bigger reward later on and screw up the run.
But considering how easy this seems, maybe it's not even an issue.

Z-0
Aug 26, 2015, 08:06 AM
No they won't, every run gets the VR, people aren't stupid lol

Shinamori
Aug 26, 2015, 08:58 AM
How do you get 12* stuff? :V

Dammy
Aug 26, 2015, 09:41 AM
i got queen viera once, irugrants helps alot on anga

Friyn
Aug 26, 2015, 10:36 AM
Well this is rather disappointing. 2-4p might be fun though.

Achelousaurus
Aug 26, 2015, 12:36 PM
No they won't, every run gets the VR, people aren't stupid lol
You haven't played cmode with enough randoms then :-P
:sad:

Searaphim
Aug 26, 2015, 07:17 PM
Oh. My. God. I think I've witnessed the summit of players that are bad at video-games. Can't believe how much people died on something so friggin easy I cant believe my eyes. It hurts! To give you an estimate, 6 players died on the first friggin mission alone T_T

PokeminMaster
Aug 26, 2015, 07:22 PM
I'm surprised how well this has been going for me, even the very first run I did lost at Falz Hunar and Falz Arm, but other runs have cleared it so far... Now, all of my randoms have been completely Japanese and/or bilingual, so... I'm not entirely sure where the English players are lol

femme fatale
Aug 26, 2015, 07:29 PM
Did a few full runs and seems like all you really need is sange/brisa set with guren and sakura end... this one is way too easy

LunaSolstice
Aug 26, 2015, 07:55 PM
I expected something hard,but was much easier than I thought it would be lol

WEED420BLAZEIT
Aug 26, 2015, 08:07 PM
last night run i found one dude from ship 6 who always got his ass rekt'd, i was like okay maybe he's out of doll

he always there when hunar is going to pound the ground, "c'mon rekt me man"

then at mission 5, where everybody are using brisa set, the ship 6 guy running around naked(well maybe with sub units) and still carrying weapon from first interval

i cannot tell if this guy b8ing or not smh tbh fam

Rakurai
Aug 26, 2015, 08:10 PM
I'd really love to see a group do a VR-less (Optional, that is) run of this CQ.

How much miles would that reward, anyhow?

Z-0
Aug 26, 2015, 08:16 PM
5.2K if you finish. We got 4.3K for failing after picking up all the crystals instead of VR.

You need strategies though, or it just falls flat.

[spoiler-box]http://puu.sh/jPT9O/35f4f3db04.jpg[/spoiler-box]
It's also way more fun because you gotta try, unlike the easy route. We also got a 1,000 mile crystal at the end for not taking any VR.

TwistedShaerk
Aug 26, 2015, 08:19 PM
5.2K if you finish. We got 4.3K for failing after picking up all the crystals instead of VR.

You need strategies though, or it just falls flat.

[spoiler-box]http://puu.sh/jPT9O/35f4f3db04.jpg[/spoiler-box]
It's also way more fun because you gotta try, unlike the easy route. We also got a 1,000 mile crystal at the end for not taking any VR.

This is literally the only way I can see Cmode2 being decently fun since otherwise the whole thing is pretty brainless.

Despite this I seem to get lots of lobbies that get no clears. I'd ask to join you guys but I don't think I'm up to snuff for what you all can do. ^^;

Z-0
Aug 26, 2015, 09:27 PM
[spoiler-box]http://puu.sh/jPX4c/90441fd0f0.jpg[/spoiler-box]
Chaos Rizer is worth it if Hunar drops you a Blue Stone and Partizan of Lightning drops.

Our M3/4 pair was bad though and we could probably do better in M5.

TaigaUC
Aug 26, 2015, 09:38 PM
That with 12 people? 27 minutes for 5.2k.
Challenge 1 was how long? About 110 minutes for 14k?

milranduil
Aug 26, 2015, 09:39 PM
That with 12 people? 27 minutes for 5.2k.
Challenge 1 was how long? about 110 minutes for 14k?

Any reasonable mpa should be ~65min for 13.5k for cm1. Faster if people don't dillydally in intervals.

TaigaUC
Aug 26, 2015, 09:41 PM
0.2 per minute vs 0.19 per minute.
Seems pretty decently balanced. That's good.

Bellion
Aug 26, 2015, 09:42 PM
Yeah, it was with 12 people.
Challenge 1 with 12 people that has the rush immediately start teleporter before other players even reach the interval results in hilarious nonsense and 35-50minute runs for low 13kish miles.

jiasu73
Aug 26, 2015, 09:49 PM
attempted duo challenge for the first time for cm2 and got to anga

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/ncgcyGu.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

no idea what to do in the last room qqqqq is there anywhere i can practice figthing anga besides ultimate cuz im still not level 70 in main game

milranduil
Aug 26, 2015, 09:49 PM
btw I bought snatch JA combo but it didn't work with a katana... am I missing something or is that a bug?

attempted duo challenge for the first time for cm2 and got to anga

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/ncgcyGu.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

no idea what to do in the last room qqqqq is there anywhere i can practice figthing anga besides ultimate cuz im still not level 70 in main game

Anga has the following sets of patterns to watch for assuming you have aggro, specifically.

non-rage modes:
-bits shoot lasers at you from his actual body every 3-5 seconds (can step when they aim 1s beforehand to avoid damage or block them entirely)
-bits leave his body and shoot at you from random angles (doesn't happen often and can be annoying due to hit stun)
-slowly rotates like a big ferris wheel, hurling his butt at you 3-4 times (just block, can't do anything else when it's doing this).
-flips himself over and smacks you 5-6 times (total smacks increases with a big mpa and aggro person loses aggro which randomly happens for now reason)
-short alarm sound followed by his stun attack (easy to block) followed by 1-2 wb shower which you can easily step away from if you successfully blocked the stun
-quickly flips over and dive bombs the ground 2-3 times depending on your position (if in phase2, he does these dive bomb attacks, then sweeps around the ground a few times before doing it again).

rage modes (depends on both the day and run):

day dependence: When anga rotates 90 degrees to shoot shit out of his butt, he will do 1 of the 3 following attacks depending on the day (changes every 24 hours and changes based on block iirc):
1) shoots a semi-opaque bomb that splits off into smaller opaque bouncing orbs that knock-back your char if they hit you (smaller bombs do not home in, they just fall in random directions)
2) shoots 3 bright small orbs that track the person with aggro (if they miss you, they can loop around once and still hit you)
3) shoots giant laser that blows your character back and onto the ground

run dependence: every run, when anga rotates 90 degrees to shoot these various attacks, he will either
1) not teleport between every attack
2) teleport before/after every attack
from what I've noticed, this depends just on the run, not the day; a coin flip basically.

Think I got most of it there.

final_attack
Aug 26, 2015, 09:52 PM
btw I bought snatch JA combo but it didn't work with a katana... am I missing something or is that a bug?

Need the SnatchStep itself, maybe?

milranduil
Aug 26, 2015, 10:05 PM
Need the SnatchStep itself, maybe?

That's what I thought, but I don't see it available in the shop (or I just was not paying attention at all...). Maybe you need it to drop in m1/2 for snatch combo to actually work, so rng? fuck that if so lol...

Z-0
Aug 26, 2015, 10:14 PM
You have to drop it, yep. Drops from the bosses in M2 iirc.

milranduil
Aug 26, 2015, 10:19 PM
ok that makes more sense then. it sucks sakura is so reliant on it for dps...

TwistedShaerk
Aug 26, 2015, 10:21 PM
I think I got Snatch Step in M1, but I dunno. Might have seem Malmoth or Banshee drop it a few times.

TaigaUC
Aug 26, 2015, 10:24 PM
cuz im still not level 70 in main game

That probably says a lot about how skill often doesn't equal level.

You could have practiced Anga in that Ult Naberius limited quest, but that's gone now.
He always died really quick, anyway. Maybe best bet is to watch videos of fights with Anga?

Or what Adios said.

Rakurai
Aug 26, 2015, 10:28 PM
Anga Fandarge is honestly probably the easiest out of all the UQ bosses.

The only move that's particularly threatening are its energy blades, though the weak bullet lasers can be troublesome if you haven't gotten down the timing for dodging them.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Aug 26, 2015, 11:06 PM
The only move that's particularly threatening are its energy blades, though the weak bullet lasers can be troublesome if you haven't gotten down the timing for dodging them.

Not if you have access to JG in any form.

jiasu73
Aug 26, 2015, 11:38 PM

Anga has the following sets of patterns to watch for assuming you have aggro, specifically.

non-rage modes:
-bits shoot lasers at you from his actual body every 3-5 seconds (can step when they aim 1s beforehand to avoid damage or block them entirely)
-bits leave his body and shoot at you from random angles (doesn't happen often and can be annoying due to hit stun)
-slowly rotates like a big ferris wheel, hurling his butt at you 3-4 times (just block, can't do anything else when it's doing this).
-flips himself over and smacks you 5-6 times (total smacks increases with a big mpa and aggro person loses aggro which randomly happens for now reason)
-short alarm sound followed by his stun attack (easy to block) followed by 1-2 wb shower which you can easily step away from if you successfully blocked the stun
-quickly flips over and dive bombs the ground 2-3 times depending on your position (if in phase2, he does these dive bomb attacks, then sweeps around the ground a few times before doing it again).

rage modes (depends on both the day and run):

day dependence: When anga rotates 90 degrees to shoot shit out of his butt, he will do 1 of the 3 following attacks depending on the day (changes every 24 hours and changes based on block iirc):
1) shoots a semi-opaque bomb that splits off into smaller opaque bouncing orbs that knock-back your char if they hit you (smaller bombs do not home in, they just fall in random directions)
2) shoots 3 bright small orbs that track the person with aggro (if they miss you, they can loop around once and still hit you)
3) shoots giant laser that blows your character back and onto the ground

run dependence: every run, when anga rotates 90 degrees to shoot these various attacks, he will either
1) not teleport between every attack
2) teleport before/after every attack
from what I've noticed, this depends just on the run, not the day; a coin flip basically.

Think I got most of it there.
thanks this is gonna help a lot and yeah i should prolly look up vids thanks guys

Rakurai
Aug 26, 2015, 11:40 PM
Not if you have access to JG in any form.

That still requires knowing how to time it properly, which the majority of players don't seem capable of if the LQ groups were any indication.

Z-0
Aug 26, 2015, 11:41 PM
I don't get why WB lasers are a problem. He stuns you before using them, just shake out of them and move before you get hit by them.

TwistedShaerk
Aug 26, 2015, 11:57 PM
I don't get why WB lasers are a problem. He stuns you before using them, just shake out of them and move before you get hit by them.

Or if you use a Katana like the majority of Cmode2 players, can't you just...you know, parry it?

Z-0
Aug 26, 2015, 11:59 PM
Yes, but I honestly don't know what his attack patterns look like (I never fight Anga, waste of time). I just hit guard when it looks like he's going to directly hit me.

My point is, I don't really see what's so problematic about those WB lasers. Even if you're not paying attention to him, you will most certainly notice when you get stunned and be able to shake out before he hits you.

WEED420BLAZEIT
Aug 27, 2015, 12:01 AM
so how to do cmode2 miles route properly?

kill things
don't die
M4 go UP/NORTH
kill things fast
gotta go fast

do we need special strat here?

oh btw anga is easy after you fought it for the xxxx times, anga/ares hunt really help a lot

TaigaUC
Aug 27, 2015, 12:02 AM
I can never shake out of them before it hits, for some reason. Annoying.
Probably helps to have a gamepad! Also going to buy a new keyboard soon.

I've barely fought Anga but I have a rough idea of what it does.
I just focus on attacking the core while avoiding the attacks I remember.

milranduil
Aug 27, 2015, 12:04 AM
Anga's physical movement tell for stun isn't so obvious, but the beforehand sound is quite clear (assuming you play with sound loud enough to hear which I know many don't lol). It's a shrill alarm sound that decays in volume as it plays over 1 second, then silence, then the attack goes. Basically, press guard facing in the direction of anga when the silence starts after the alarm sound.

Flaoc
Aug 27, 2015, 12:08 AM

kill things
don't die
M4 go UP/NORTH
kill things fast
gotta go fast

oh btw anga is easy after you fought it for the xxxx times, anga/ares hunt really help a lot

speaking of this.. id like the return of ares hunts.. c mode 2 ended up being a disappoinment and nothing else to do (seriously day 1 pug clears... PUGS.. and anga didnt even resist at all there)

milranduil
Aug 27, 2015, 12:18 AM
id like the return of ares hunts..

yes pls... i still need 60 talis :wacko:

Flaoc
Aug 27, 2015, 12:21 AM
yes pls... i still need 60 talis :wacko:

and i just want a launcher :wacko: *derailed thread*

Naoya Kiriyama
Aug 27, 2015, 12:46 AM
I can never shake out of them before it hits, for some reason. Annoying.
Probably helps to have a gamepad! Also going to buy a new keyboard soon.

Or probably setting up WASD as a macro :wacko:
Hey, if it works in lilipa TA for switches, why not about shaking out the stun?

LunaSolstice
Aug 27, 2015, 02:12 AM
Oh. My. God. I think I've witnessed the summit of players that are bad at video-games. Can't believe how much people died on something so friggin easy I cant believe my eyes. It hurts! To give you an estimate, 6 players died on the first friggin mission alone T_T When you're this bad, just quit online video games, it's just not for you.

Lol this is exactly how I feel right now after two failed runs and I thought this CM quest would be fail proof for even the worst of MPAs lol

elryan
Aug 27, 2015, 02:14 AM
I love this CQ2 for different reasons:

1. You get weapon gear right off the bat. Brilliant. Then you can get all weapons on first interval. Brilliant.

2. If you have 60k miles, you can have the units for free and get an additional 60k miles by just showing them to Zieg.

3. To top it off, the units come with very solid 5 liner affixes. Extremely strong, extremely durable. You don't even need to overwrite the affixes and you'll be fine in the long run. Sure, it's probably ~200 ATK short from your cookie cutter Saiki build with souls and ATK and shiz. But it doesn't change the fact that the units off the shelves give you insane amount of HP, PP, defense / resistance and respectable amount of ATK.

Maenara
Aug 27, 2015, 02:29 AM

kill things
don't die
M4 go UP/NORTH
kill things fast
gotta go fast

Pretty much. Huge disappointment.

Five missions long, less than half the time of the first mission to clear.
No real sense of progression. You get such high tier equipment so fast that your character level is completely irrelevant.
No real strategies to be had because there are barely any choices and when they're present, there is a clear-cut correct answer.
Overly simple. Literally everything is known about the mission already and it's still day 1.
No need to think ahead. You get everything you could possibly need to set up your build by the first interval area.
No challenge whatsoever. I've run it several times, with randoms every time. The only time I didn't get a full clear was the very first run less than an hour after the servers went live.

We waited 6 months for this?

Z-0
Aug 27, 2015, 02:39 AM
Points 2 and 3 aren't even related to the quest's content.

kill things
don't die
M4 go UP/NORTH
kill things fast
gotta go fast

Generally CM is always about going fast, but it's similar to CM1, where you have a certain player go into the Funji, a certain player grab aggro of bosses, etc...

This is how we have it planned up right now:

Things decided before warp
[spoiler-box]- VR Manager
- M2/4 Aggro
- M3 Wulf Rush x2
- Bomb Disabler
- M2 Photon Cannon People x2
-- Two players go left at Mizer
--- One gets into the cannon itself, another is a failsafe incase the Wondas don't both die first shot.
-- Two players go right at Mizer
--- One player gets the bottom wall switch, the other player gets the top wall switch and the button on the very top.
- 3:3:3:3 split at the M2 Lilipans and M5 Beize room (Up:Down:Left:Right)
- Zonde user
- Interval Rush[/spoiler-box]

M1
[spoiler-box]- Use the weapon you find and its associated PA from the box afterwards
-- The two players getting the switches in M2 should try to trade for rifles to make it easier. Jet Boots also works, but Rifle is faster.[/spoiler-box]

M2
[spoiler-box]- The 4 players assigned to the cannon operations make sure to do that for a faster Mizer.
- After Mizer, all players ignore the Lilipans and Darkers and go straight for Decol. The Aggro role grabs the aggro of the Darkers and Lilipans to make sure they don't follow the players.[/spoiler-box]

I1
[spoiler-box]- All players take the Katana, Sakura End and Weak Stance.
- If Reverse Tap dropped at all, it is useful for some players to take TMG (no more than 4). Preferably with Katana if rare weapons dropped, but not necessary.
- If rare weapons dropped, it's also good to hold onto 2* JBs for a Moment Gale drop in M3, another Zondeel PA.
- Grinder all your stuff at this Interval and attempt to get a 2nd doll, due to items being worth more grinders here, and items also costing less. Make sure you share Grinders if you get overflow.
- Make sure the 2 Wulf Rushers both have Guren Tessen to get over the attack quickly. (it must be Guren, other options are too slow and will cause the Wulf to either hit you, or disappear under the floor and be out of range until the attack is over)
- Make sure the Zonde user has Zonde.[/spoiler-box]

M3
[spoiler-box]- The two Wulf Rush people both attempt to go over the attack at the same time. One will hit an invisible wall and the other will make it over. The one that makes it over gets in the cannon and gets rid of both Wulfs, the other drops down and helps with the attack.
- There's a lightning pole after the wulfs, make sure you use it.
- Make sure you use the lightning poles after the Ransas, too.
- After the Beize, all players head right to gather the Golds at the gate (and hopefully get Tapped or Galed).[/spoiler-box]

M4
[spoiler-box]- All players go north.
- The Aggro role grabs the aggro of Hunar, the other players kill the Arm and then go over to Hunar afterwards.[/spoiler-box]

I2
[spoiler-box]- All players upgrade to Sange (or Yasha) and get Step Advance if they don't have it.
- Depending on stones from Hunar, it's good to get the following if possible:
-- Ilzan
-- Chaos Rizer (make sure a Double Saber is available, either from the Hyakka trade-in or a Falz drop)
- Grinder all your stuff and attempt to get Dolls if necessary.[/spoiler-box]

M5
[spoiler-box]- Nothing special... just make sure you split right after the Beize and basically kill everything as fast as you can and you're done.[/spoiler-box]

Before complaining the mission is too easy, try to do it with a full mile clear. It gives you pretty much double the miles and is a lot harder and more fun.

Rakurai
Aug 27, 2015, 03:01 AM
I find this CQ a lot more enjoyable, personally.

I'd rather do several short CQs then a few very long ones, and having the gear skills learned off the bat makes switching weapons a lot easier.

The lack of things for people to mess up at other then getting killed by enemies is also a plus in my eyes.

ArcaneTechs
Aug 27, 2015, 03:30 AM
I love this CQ2 for different reasons:

1. You get weapon gear right off the bat. Brilliant. Then you can get all weapons on first interval. Brilliant.

2. If you have 60k miles, you can have the units for free and get an additional 60k miles by just showing them to Zieg.

3. To top it off, the units come with very solid 5 liner affixes. Extremely strong, extremely durable. You don't even need to overwrite the affixes and you'll be fine in the long run. Sure, it's probably ~200 ATK short from your cookie cutter Saiki build with souls and ATK and shiz. But it doesn't change the fact that the units off the shelves give you insane amount of HP, PP, defense / resistance and respectable amount of ATK.
your praising these units a little too much but i guess this is better than seeing every scrub using uncrafted hiei, random ass affixed Blue Gryphon units and Tagami units

Maenara
Aug 27, 2015, 03:32 AM
Before complaining the mission is too easy, try to do it with a full mile clear. It gives you pretty much double the miles and is a lot harder and more fun.

C1 had challenge past how fast people were killing things. This one just...doesn't.

Z-0
Aug 27, 2015, 03:33 AM
But that isn't a bad thing.

Even just killing fast, you need to know what to use, how to use it, when to use it, where to use it, how to split up, how to move quickly, how to execute quickly, etc. etc.

Just because it's different doesn't mean it's bad.

Poyonche
Aug 27, 2015, 03:33 AM
your praising these units a little too much but i guess this is better than seeing every scrub using uncrafted hiei, random ass affixed Blue Gryphon units and Tagami units

You forgot Lucky Rise units (uncrafted).

ArcaneTechs
Aug 27, 2015, 03:34 AM
Pretty much. Huge disappointment.

Five missions long, less than half the time of the first mission to clear.
No real sense of progression. You get such high tier equipment so fast that your character level is completely irrelevant.
No real strategies to be had because there are barely any choices and when they're present, there is a clear-cut correct answer.
Overly simple. Literally everything is known about the mission already and it's still day 1.
No need to think ahead. You get everything you could possibly need to set up your build by the first interval area.
No challenge whatsoever. I've run it several times, with randoms every time. The only time I didn't get a full clear was the very first run less than an hour after the servers went live.

We waited 6 months for this?
Cant please evryone can we? Too long, Too short, can't balance the middle properly since bla bla bla isnt set right. usual expectations, its overly simple because this seems to be all the average player can handle now a days. Either way its a quick 6k miles and i'd rather prefer to farm this than CM1 with random scrubs who won't ever let me finish the whole thing for once

You forgot Lucky Rise units (uncrafted).
It's worse when you only see it extended once on those units

Maenara
Aug 27, 2015, 03:46 AM
But that isn't a bad thing.

Even just killing fast, you need to know what to use, how to use it, when to use it, where to use it, how to split up, how to move quickly, how to execute quickly, etc. etc.

Guess that for 6 months, I expect a little more than 25 minutes of content.

ArcaneTechs
Aug 27, 2015, 03:48 AM
Guess that for 6 months, I expect a little more than 25 minutes of content.
it's Sega quality, the finest of content that one can provide to it's players

Maenara
Aug 27, 2015, 03:51 AM
it's Sega quality, the finest of content that one can provide to it's players

This is Lillipa/Nab1/Amduscia TA to Nab2/Sanctum/Vopar TA all over again. Massive decrease in overall complexity across the board.

KLMS1
Aug 27, 2015, 08:28 AM
I don't consider that a demerit for something you'll likely repeat a lot. After a few times it becomes more or less routine anyway, so the less gratuitious gimmickry to make things needlessly onerous and annoying the better.

Why, yes, I do quite hate the Lilli TA. What gave it away?

BlankM
Aug 27, 2015, 08:41 AM
I think it'd be fun if they added COs to challenge lobbies that gave you more CM for silly stuff like using a compound tech twice in a cm run which is like impossible!

jooozek
Aug 27, 2015, 08:44 AM
nab 1/amduscia/lilipa TAs make me want to puke :wacko:

Qualia
Aug 27, 2015, 08:48 AM
nab 1/amduscia/lilipa TAs make me want to puke :wacko:

They aren't even difficult or very time consuming though.

jooozek
Aug 27, 2015, 08:56 AM

doesn't make them any less boring with those button "puzzles" :wacko:

Kondibon
Aug 27, 2015, 09:02 AM
I'm with Jooozek on this one. Those TAs aren't actually made interesting by having those "puzzles" and gimicks outside of figuring them out for the first time. A good chunk of all of them is running around pushing buttons. Especially Nab 1 and lilipa.

KLMS1
Aug 27, 2015, 09:11 AM

No TA is actually *difficult* so long you don't get eaten by the bosses for some reason (like not enuff gear/level). The issue is the level of annoying gimmickry and more to the point, having to run back-and-forth after stupid switches and buttons.

Nab 2, Sanctum etc. may not exactly be very creative in execution but they're at least concise and to the point.

Vatallus
Aug 27, 2015, 09:42 AM
Would like to note if you enter m5 with 70% to please take the challenge miles instead of even more VR. Just had an MPA grab the VR and we finished with 60% left still... could of had the extra 500 CM.

Eternal255
Aug 27, 2015, 09:45 AM
I did my first and only run of CM2 yesterday...

Cleared it in about 20mins. I had no idea what I was doing and since items weren't translated, I didn't even know what skills to get (so I got none). Used katana the whole time and only died once (when I had a doll).

Wtf.

TaigaUC
Aug 27, 2015, 10:39 AM
I agree that it's paltry for 6 months, but I think it's good that it's different.

SEGA really needs to just add lots more variations of content all at once, so that people won't wring the single new thing dry by the time anything new comes along.
As the game currently is, they could rename it to Dead Horse Beating Online.

Edit: Threw together a placeholder guide (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230141) with useful posts from this thread.

LonelyGaruga
Aug 27, 2015, 12:18 PM
Why, exactly, are people talking like Sega spent 6 months exclusively working on CM2?

Please take this to heart.

Vatallus
Aug 27, 2015, 12:24 PM
I think CM2 is fine. Granted I believe some of the PAs, skills, and 12* gear they added to it overkills the mobs we fight.. but eh.

Its different. It doesn't take 1 hour and 15 minutes for a typical run. You won't spend 1 hour just to figure out you aren't going to win. It is more enjoyable for your typical player. I'll be waiting until the general population learns when it is safe to take CM gems over VR though.

TwistedShaerk
Aug 27, 2015, 02:36 PM
I'm fond of CM2 myself, I just feel it'll get old fast unless I can play with people who go exclusively for Miles instead of the VR. It just feel brainless if you do it otherwise.

Sumimi
Aug 27, 2015, 02:55 PM
I think CM2 is fine. Granted I believe some of the PAs, skills, and 12* gear they added to it overkills the mobs we fight.. but eh.

Its different. It doesn't take 1 hour and 15 minutes for a typical run. You won't spend 1 hour just to figure out you aren't going to win. It is more enjoyable for your typical player. I'll be waiting until the general population learns when it is safe to take CM gems over VR though.

That said, want to do some runs tonight? :D

Rakurai
Aug 27, 2015, 03:39 PM
Would like to note if you enter m5 with 70% to please take the challenge miles instead of even more VR. Just had an MPA grab the VR and we finished with 60% left still... could of had the extra 500 CM.

What's the point difference for clearing vs. making it to Anga?

Morgan Fumi
Aug 27, 2015, 05:04 PM
I've yet to make it past Mission 3. Yesterday I kept ending up in groups that got slaughtered when Quartz Dragon spawns.

Rather surprised with how straight forward its been otherwise. I only wish the item patch was working so I could manage item drops better.

Z-0
Aug 27, 2015, 06:06 PM
What's the point difference for clearing vs. making it to Anga?
About 700-800 miles.

This could be mitigated by the 1,000 mile crystal that appears in the last room, but I think that only spawns if you take every mile crystal which I'm sure no PUG is ever going to do (I've been going into PUGs and getting crystals and they usually always fail in M4...).

Searaphim
Aug 27, 2015, 06:38 PM
Would be great if anyone translated the PAs/Skills in the interval shops in the order they are shown in case the item patch takes too long to get fixed.

LonelyGaruga
Aug 27, 2015, 06:53 PM
Interval Area 1:

[SPOILER-BOX]Zandeon (1 Razonde + 1 disc)
Fomelgion (1 Rafoie + 1 disc)
Barantsion (1 Rabarta + 1 disc)
Ignite Parrying (1 disc)
Heavenly Fall (1 disc)
Tears Grid (1 disc)
Symphonic Drive (1 disc)
Deadly Archer (1 disc)
Heartless Impact (1 disc)
Kreisenchlag (1 disc)
Sakura End (1 disc)
Dispersion Shrike (1 disc)
Impact Slider (1 disc)
Rodeo Drive (1 disc)
Dead Approach (1 disc)
Torrential Arrow (1 disc)
Strike Gust (1 disc)
Zan (1 disc)
Gimegid (1 disc)

Photon Blade Fever level 1 (3 discs)
Guard Stance level 6 (2 discs)
Weak Stance level 10 (2 discs)
Chase Advance Plus level 5 (2 discs)
Showtime level 10 (2 discs)
Tech Arts JA Bonus level 1 (1 disc)
Snatch JA Combo level 5 (must be typo'd, max is 1) (1 disc)
Charge PP Revival level 1 (1 disc)
Katana Combat level 5 (1 disc)
Rapid Shoot level 5 (1 disc)
Talis Fast Throw level 1 (1 disc)
Rapid Boost level 5 (1 disc)
Elemental Burst level 4 (1 disc)[/SPOILER-BOX]

swiki doesn't have I2 up yet, the shop it displays for discs is copied from M1.

EDIT: Oh right I2 was posted already.

Ok, here's complete list of i2 shop. Have to warn that I didn't put the requirements for those.

Interval 2 shop
[SPOILER-BOX]
Weapons
- Sangeyasha
- Tenimusou
- Daisy Chain
- Glorious Wing
- Trident Crusher
- Sacrifice Darker
- Absolute Blade
- Weiss Comet
- Mechanic Sword Mech Katar
- Sange
- Infinite Corundrum
- Final Impact
- Missouri M13
- Southern Cross
- Rabbit Wand
- Dream Master
- Precious Sword Balmung
- Rose Flotz

Units
- Rear/Brisa Aeri
- Arm/Brisa Oggi
- Leg/Brisa Magni

Disc shop
- Photon Blade Escape
- Jet Boots Escape
- All Guard
- DS Wing Parrying
- Twin Dagger Spin Move
- Knuckle Gear Boost
- Dive Roll Shoot
- Charge Escape
- Step Advance
- Dive Roll Advance

Red Stone Shop
- Weak Bullet
- Hunter Gear Boost
- Guard Stance Advance
- Over End
- Other Spin
- Volg Raptor
- End Attract
- Il Foie

Blue Stone Shop
- Chain Trigger
- Limit Break
- High Time
- Bloody Sarabande
- Chaos Riser
- Back Hand Smash
- Satellite Aim
- Il Megid

Green Stone Shop
- Shifta Strike
- Deband Toughness
- Talis Tech Bonus
- Combat Escape
- Rapid Shoot Mastery
- Slash Rave
- Kanran Kikyou
- Banish Arrow
- Il Barta

Yellow Stone Shop
- Shifta Air Attack Boost
- Deband Attack PP Restorate
- Photon Blade Fever Up
- Rapid Boost JA Bonus
- Heavenly Kite
- Cosmos Breaker
- Vinto Gigue
- Zanverse
- Il Zan

Consumibles
- Monomate
- Dimate
- Trimate
- Sol Atomizer
- Moon Atomizer
- Star Atomizer
- Challenge Doll[/SPOILER-BOX]

TheszNuts
Aug 27, 2015, 10:00 PM
Would be great if anyone translated the PAs/Skills in the interval shops in the order they are shown in case the item patch takes too long to get fixed.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i5zu6dg98dk54t9/cm2int1b.jpg?dl=0

Will this do?

Zyrusticae
Aug 27, 2015, 10:03 PM
Welp. I've only managed to clear it once so far out of 6(?) runs. Most of my PUGs fail at 3 or 4, with one of them failing upon reaching Anga.

Kind of frustrating. I need to get in a competent party...

pkemr4
Aug 27, 2015, 10:06 PM
isnt it beat mission 3+ 25 times for the katana camo instead of clearing?

TaigaUC
Aug 27, 2015, 10:13 PM
Dunno if anyone mentioned it already, but the Challenge 2 titles give around ~15000 miles.
I think it's 10000 for clearing. You also get a Jet Boots camo.

Rakurai
Aug 27, 2015, 10:22 PM
About 700-800 miles.

This could be mitigated by the 1,000 mile crystal that appears in the last room, but I think that only spawns if you take every mile crystal which I'm sure no PUG is ever going to do (I've been going into PUGs and getting crystals and they usually always fail in M4...).

I'm amazed by how terrible the average group is at fighting Falz Hunar. Don't think I've had a single group that didn't have multiple people die to his ground slam.

It would be nice if there were some light techs to break his sword with, though.

Vatallus
Aug 28, 2015, 12:06 AM
I'm amazed by how terrible the average group is at fighting Falz Hunar. Don't think I've had a single group that didn't have multiple people die to his ground slam.

It would be nice if there were some light techs to break his sword with, though.

I haven't had a single group yet that could chain stun him like what happened in my first MPA.

TaigaUC
Aug 28, 2015, 12:58 AM
I always see people die to Hunar's AOE in EQs and when they took the short route in Challenge 1 M6.

I haven't died to Hunar yet, even when both he and Arms were literally humping me in a corner and I couldn't see anything.
That run was bizarre. Two of us went the north route, everyone else went south.
For some reason, the south group took forever to reach us, so it was basically me vs Arms and Hunar for several minutes. No exaggeration.
I kept wondering when the hell everyone else was going to show up.

Vatallus
Aug 28, 2015, 01:02 AM
I actually had a 80% run entering m5 just fail because somehow people die to Anga. I mean... magatsu set makes all damage non-existent?

People actually split in m4? Is there really any benefit to that?

Maenara
Aug 28, 2015, 01:04 AM
Is there any hidden VR in any mission besides M3? Excluding the single 5% in M5, of course.

TaigaUC
Aug 28, 2015, 01:06 AM
No idea, I was setting up Units/PAs/Weapons with the GUI.
I just followed whoever was left on the screen when I was done setting up the GUI crap.
I didn't notice everyone else had gone south.

The two clears I've had ended with like 1-5% VR energy.
Haven't played it since the first day.

Don't know about hidden VRs yet, lazy to read the JP swiki.
Waiting for people to finish doing up the maps there.
If I do a search for hidden VR on the swiki page (隠しVR) it says only 3 and 5 have hidden VRs.

Vatallus
Aug 28, 2015, 01:13 AM
No idea, I was setting up Units/PAs/Weapons with the GUI.
I just followed whoever was left on the screen when I was done setting up the GUI crap.
I didn't notice everyone else had gone south.

The two clears I've had ended with like 1-5% VR energy.
Haven't played it since the first day.

Don't know about hidden VRs yet, lazy to read the JP swiki.
Waiting for people to finish doing up the maps there.
If I do a search for hidden VR on the swiki page (隠しVR) it says only 3 and 5 have hidden VRs.

Odd, most of my clears end with 50% which has been the greater majority of my runs. The only time we've failed M5 is when some reason some players can't handle the final room... which I don't understand since Magatsu Set makes just about all incoming damage meaningless.

I've never once bought any weapons from that final shop. I'll work with what I have if no one drops something I can use.

martinmeegan
Aug 28, 2015, 01:16 AM
What am I not picking up/trading in in order to never be able to pick a weapon in I2? I never have the first item that is required, am I being particularly stupid?

martinmeegan
Aug 28, 2015, 01:34 AM
Ahhhhh, so I am being particularly stupid then, thanks!

IronKrone
Aug 28, 2015, 01:35 AM
What am I not picking up/trading in in order to never be able to pick a weapon in I2? I never have the first item that is required, am I being particularly stupid?

You need 1 weapon from I1 (same type as the one you're trading for), 3 other weapons, and 3 grinders, I think.

So yeah, be sure to get whatever you need in I1 so you can get that weapon in I2.

Edit: Accidentally deleted the post (because I thought I read the question wrong), so reposting it.

TaigaUC
Aug 28, 2015, 02:04 AM
I updated my guide (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3287321) with interval shop 1 listings and descriptions.
A little difficult to read because I can't make tables on this forum.

I also added that image by TheszNuts at the bottom of the post.

Vatallus
Aug 28, 2015, 02:26 AM
I would also note that it would be nice if players have common courtesy and not hog all the drops that people drop. I just chewed out a teammate for picking up three 12*s that other players dropped. (One that I wanted and had PAs for) and then in the next run right after learning PAs I could of used that he won't use at all during the run.

Instead of him sitting there with 12* DBs, 12* Sword, and 12* Jet Boots I could of been using the jet boots with my PAs and someone else could of had the DBs or Sword.

TaigaUC
Aug 28, 2015, 11:12 AM
Ugh, this is infuriating.
The previous run was super terribad. Probably 15+ deaths by I1. Thought it'd end at M3.
However, I had Reverse Tap. Managed to suck everything up and saved tons of time.

The last run, I had three Reverse Taps. Two people took the level 3 ones.
Nobody used a single Reverse Tap the entire time. We had someone using TMG too. WTF.

Both of these runs ended at Hunar because everyone likes to get killed by his AOE at the same time.
And they don't seem to know how to have/use/buy dolls either.

Edit: Third run, same thing. Hunar AOE, ton of people died to it. I ressed them before timer ran out.
A few seconds later, he did it again, I tried to guard it. Died. Unfortunately, so did everyone else, again.

Achelousaurus
Aug 28, 2015, 11:15 AM
I finished a number of times with shared ship randoms now.
My fault for trying it on ship 2 at all.
Somehow I don't like it as much as mission 1, probably because it's far less strategic.

And so far I never saw anyone get WB and only once someone got rifle at all for SC.
Still, we finished with plenty time to spare every time.
Hell, once the vr manager actually chose the miles over the vr time in f continent and it was just as easy.

Two things irk me though, that you can get a bunch of useless skills in intervals that only work if you got lucky and found a required other skill before (out of like 20 runs I only once ever got snatch step) and the other is that there seems to be little aoe available.
The only aoe I got were Guren Tessen and Quake Howling. Both relying on the rng and the latter not very good anyway.

Xelor
Aug 28, 2015, 11:56 AM
Can someone list or "dot" all the extra/hidden VR capsules in M3? No one but me picked up the VR capsules so I pretty much silently volunteered to be the manager for it. Only to see that someone picked up a large energy capsule right at the beginning of M3 with the bar being completely full.

Edit: Nevermind, found Taiga's guide. The red circles are where they are. I thought it was 4 VRs per island as Z-0 said, but it's 4 VRs throughout M3. If there truly is that many per island, you should specify where. If that's not what you meant, you only needed to say 4 hidden VR capsules in M3.

Vatallus
Aug 28, 2015, 11:56 AM
Ugh, this is infuriating.
The previous run was super terribad. Probably 15+ deaths by I1. Thought it'd end at M3.
However, I had Reverse Tap. Managed to suck everything up and saved tons of time.

The last run, I had three Reverse Taps. Two people took the level 3 ones.
Nobody used a single Reverse Tap the entire time. We had someone using TMG too. WTF.

Both of these runs ended at Hunar because everyone likes to get killed by his AOE at the same time.
And they don't seem to know how to have/use/buy dolls either.

Edit: Third run, same thing. Hunar AOE, ton of people died to it. I ressed them before timer ran out.
A few seconds later, he did it again, I tried to guard it. Died. Unfortunately, so did everyone else, again.

Just make sure to try to buy your 2nd doll at I1 for 7 grinders because at I2 it cost 15. If you really want the 2nd doll anyway.

TaigaUC
Aug 28, 2015, 12:00 PM
Yeah, I know. I was one grinder short.
I wasted my only doll on turrets pumping bullets at me when I was trying to break a red wall.
Apparently I was too fast for the rest of the multi, so I was the only one at the wall.
What can I say? I like Guren Tessening everywhere.

It's been 3 years since Hunar appeared in PSO2.
I wonder when people will figure out his AOE cues?

The most frustrating thing is I just wanted to record a clear run video so I could write the walkthrough.

Zyrusticae
Aug 28, 2015, 12:03 PM
And so far I never saw anyone get WB and only once someone got rifle at all for SC.

TBH, given that half the party has to sacrifice their stones to get WB, and how powerful the Magutsu units are, it's really not worth it unless you are absolutely certain that half of the party will never take damage.

In other words, a tool for highly organized premades. PUGs should never touch it.

Poyonche
Aug 28, 2015, 12:05 PM
My MPAs always end at
That
Fucking
Hunar
AOE
Attack.

Vatallus
Aug 28, 2015, 12:24 PM
Yeah, I know. I was one grinder short.
I wasted my only doll on turrets pumping bullets at me when I was trying to break a red wall.
Apparently I was too fast for the rest of the multi, so I was the only one at the wall.
What can I say? I like Guren Tessening everywhere.

It's been 3 years since Hunar appeared in PSO2.
I wonder when people will figure out his AOE cues?

The most frustrating thing is I just wanted to record a clear run video so I could write the walkthrough.

Those cannons like to screw me up.

Hrith
Aug 28, 2015, 01:28 PM
I did not think SEGA could make c-mode worse, but they have. This mission has to be the most shallow and dull in the entire game.

Thankfully, it was very easy to beat for the boots camo, not playing this ever again.

Oh well, at least they tried something different, hopefully the devs will catch on for the next mission and come up with something that requires any amount of skill to play. You know, like PSO1 did fifteen years ago.

Zorak000
Aug 28, 2015, 01:32 PM
I did not think SEGA could make c-mode worse, but they have. This mission has to be the most shallow and dull in the entire game.

Thankfully, it was very easy to beat for the boots camo, not playing this ever again.

Oh well, at least they tried something different, hopefully the devs will catch on for the next mission and come up with something that requires any amount of skill to play. You know, like PSO1 did fifteen years ago.

oh so you did a full mile clear already? dang.

anyway, it seems like getting the brista set is more for people having a harder time staying alive; a lot of the stuff in those stone shops are pretty dope. there might be some stuff that is repeated from drops, but hey drops dont always drop!

Suirano
Aug 28, 2015, 02:24 PM
So failed CM2 because Anga breaks and refuses to spawn for phase 2. I have seen this happen frequently in Ult. Lilipa but was kind of hoping that didn't flow here as well. What's up with bosses breaking in this field?

Rakurai
Aug 28, 2015, 03:08 PM
They ought to have made a separate title for doing a run with no optional VR pick-ups.

Mattykins
Aug 28, 2015, 03:39 PM
I noticed in M3 and M5, sometimes goldrada and quartz don't spawn after baize. Anyone know why that is?

Vatallus
Aug 28, 2015, 03:40 PM
Did a nearly full CM run with randoms. Ended up picking the VR in M5 and failing at Anga anyway.

Rakurai
Aug 28, 2015, 03:50 PM
I feel like Falz Hunar is what tends to make or break a successful CM run.

Attacking him in melee while he has his sword out without getting destroyed seems to be beyond the scope of the average player.

LonelyGaruga
Aug 28, 2015, 07:40 PM

oh so you did a full mile clear already? dang.

Seconding question.

P.S. have you done 45 minute CM1 runs too

Maninbluejumpsuit
Aug 28, 2015, 08:23 PM

Attacking him in melee while he has his sword out without getting destroyed seems to be beyond the scope of the average player.

Not getting owned by his slam seems beyond the scope of the average player. So many people with katanas, and they manage to be destroyed by him? How...?!

Anyway, I don't care about this CQ much. First CQ had better gameplay. Don't care to do the full mile challenge.

5 more runs, and I have my camo. Sitting on 201k miles, and not sure what to do with em.

TaigaUC
Aug 28, 2015, 10:42 PM
I still think CM2 would be totally fine if it came with CM3 and CM4 at the same time.
Most people probably don't care about mastering CM2 to the point of getting all the Mile crystals.
That's where some variation helps to appease people's expectations.

And yeah, i would have expected a title for doing the "hard" route.
I've seen the Goldradas fail to spawn twice. It felt like everyone expected it, too.

TheszNuts
Aug 29, 2015, 12:05 AM
https://www.dropbox.com/s/b6buxevly6vl8yt/cm2int2.jpg?dl=0

CM2's Int 2 shop stitch, feel free to rehost for the guide as its useful for vita users.

TaigaUC
Aug 29, 2015, 01:05 AM
I think I was able to shoot far off Gel Bulfs in CM2 thanks to Arks Mod Tool.
Not sure if that counts as an unfair gameplay advantage.
Blame SEGA for having abnormally miniscule visual distance limits~

Totori
Aug 29, 2015, 01:26 AM
Sadly it does, it's a form of cheating. Using a mod for an advantage.

LunaSolstice
Aug 29, 2015, 01:36 AM

Attacking him in melee while he has his sword out without getting destroyed seems to be beyond the scope of the average player.This basically describes my late night runs lol I just witnessed most of the MPA I was with get one shotted by Hunar's attack in my last run lol

I just find it easier to grab a bow and go with torrential arrow then sit back at the top of the mountain and shoot since none of Hunar's or Falz Arm's attacks can reach up there. If Final Nemesis drops then its even easier.

IronKrone
Aug 29, 2015, 02:00 AM
I don't know why but lately, several of the MPAs I was with decide that it's a good idea to bring the toy darkers and Barbalilipas over to where Decol Malluda is and fight them all at once in mission 2.

One or two people tag toy darkers and lilipas while everyone else head to Malluda and fight it. Then those taggers decide that it'd be fun to join everyone else while those tagged enemies are still following them.

That usually results in 2 or 3 deaths. Not enough to end the run of course, since M2 is pretty easy, but it's annoying to see VR plummet when we could have made it to I1 with nearly full VR.

I guess I need to work on tagging those enemies myself...

Lisk
Aug 29, 2015, 02:09 AM
Here's a simple guide for 5000 mile clears based on how I've been doing them (since day 1!). I rely on Massive Otome for braindead play in the main game, so little dexterity is required. I don't play Braver either. Do beware that this guide advocates almost only using a single PA and weapon type for the majority of the run. It also doesn't touch on roles.

[spoiler-box]M1: Share any disc from the 3rd box for which you don't have a 2nd box weapon for. Don't vainly hold onto Guren Tessen without a katana. Learn a PA for the weapon you got until IA1, as that's a bit too far away to just hang onto regular attacks like in CM1. Defeat king yedes before little yedes to avoid their rage mode. Watch out for the kartagot laser while collecting the De Malmoth's loot.

M2: Be wary of your hit range to not damage the gilnas while protecting the lillipan. If you have a rifle, use TPS or shoot while jumping to headshot the spargun/zyle-type enemies. Split up properly in the 4 directions in that room. Remember that there are sparguns that spawn a bit further away than the sparzyles and can throw those explosive thingies. In the section after Mizer, beat up the barbarians on the way up, but ignore the house and bears. None of these enemies require to be defeated to progress, but the barbarians can drop Guren Tessen. Although if you have a knuckle and quake howling, consider stunning the bears as you pass by, perhaps even keeping them up there the whole time malluda is taken care of.

IA1: Get a vita katana, Sakura End, and Katana Combat. If you got Guren Tessen, then that'll be your main PA for the rest of the quest, but if not, make do with only Sakura End. Consider getting Weak Stance if you have discs in excess. If you are stuck with only Sakura End and got ahold of Snatch Step, get Snatch JA Combo as well. If you have Guren Tessen, leave Snatch Step discs for those who don't. Other discs worth learning can be the likes of PP Restorate, Killing Bonus, and PP Slayer. Step Advance has little use for katana, but learn it if you want if it's in excess. Trade in extra weapons for grinders. Prioritize getting the Bro units over challenge dolls. With their defensive stats, you'll be preventing death in the first place. Remember to share drops at these interval areas.

M3: Watch out for charging sil dinians and shooting sol dinians that do so when they spawn. Just Guard, move sideways, or maybe even flinch them before they get to act. The falling platform before wulfs can be flown over with Guren Tessen to get to the cannons sooner. Deal with dirandals' riders with Sakura End to avoid knocking the mounts over. Have Katana Combat Finish ready for the goldrahda room. The quadruple sliding El Ahdas that spawn with catadransa seem to sometimes hit through Just Guard (although the gear stills kicks on), so maybe avoid trying to do so against them.

M4: De Malmoth's fin can be reached with Guren Tessen by jumping off the little hill. Take the northern route after that. Watch out for the cyclops' slam at the first wall and the shield darkers charging forward at the last one. Watch out for the shield darkers' red shockwave attack as you head towards the teleporter as well. Break a finger for the knockdown and take out the Falz Hand first. Keep attacking Hunar while he's readying for his shockwave attacks. He'll flinch and die without being able to unleash them. (Have some PP ready for PA spam before this phase starts.)

IA2: Get the katana upgrade and star atomizers (use these to save people, and aoe healing takes less time than everyone individually using mates). Learn discs and maybe consider picking up rare weapons as side arms, but stick to the katana by default. If you got a stone from hunar, turn it into a Brisa unit or consider getting discs instead. As examples, Combat Escape can be of use against upside-down Anga if the fights gets to that point and End Attract might be of use coupled with Astral Riser against Anga as well.

M5: Watch out for the 2nd room's mechs' pewpewpewpew. You can use Combat Finish for the mechs here and still have Katana Combat's cooldown back up for Anga phase 2 (although do start it up while still in the banther room). After Guranzo falls, watch out for the kartagot lasers from behind and be careful of the cyclops. Preferably clear all the ground enemies before taking on Anga. In Anga's 2nd phase, if it doesn't die before flipping upside down, Katana Combat can be used to chase its core in the air for Guren Tessen, but prioritize guarding its slashes over recklessly attacking to avoid doing some floor licking. However, do attack recklessly if you have Combat Escape. The quest is cleared when Anga dies. Yay 5000 miles![/spoiler-box]
tl;dr use katana and spam guren tessen the whole way through

LonelyGaruga
Aug 29, 2015, 02:16 AM
I think I was able to shoot far off Gel Bulfs in CM2 thanks to Arks Mod Tool.
Not sure if that counts as an unfair gameplay advantage.

It does not, the projectile travels far further than is visible. By checking the map or simply estimating where the Gel Wulffs are you can shoot them without trouble.

Z-0
Aug 29, 2015, 02:44 AM
Never thought of getting a unit set over dolls at I1 actually -- how do they compare to the 9* units from M4? Being able to skip those units would be a godsend (especially since Mammoth doesn't really drop anything), as it would really speed up our runs as people insist on getting the units for the extra defense for M5.

final_attack
Aug 29, 2015, 04:35 AM
So is it just normal for one person to grab every single mile crystal
'cause it seems like it should be something JP would look down on, yet they don't seem to be

Yeah, should be no problem. Since everyone got it, no matter who take the MileCrystal o-o

Evangelion X.XX
Aug 29, 2015, 04:36 AM
When pugging, everyone just grabs those mile crystals.

Also, no one really assigns any roles anymore; there are the occasional volunteers though, as well as those who wants to assign roles, but rarely.

emeraude
Aug 29, 2015, 04:43 AM
When will people realize that trial-and-erroring those bombs isn't going to work in CM? You'd think the first couple of deaths would make them stop.

Maenara
Aug 29, 2015, 04:57 AM
Getting tired of this: If there are items right next to VR capsules, people need to make god DAMN sure that they're picking up the items, not the VR.

Third time this morning where someone decided to waste an entire 15% or 30% VR capsule because they were trying to save maybe two seconds. It's especially annoying when you're running in a group of randoms and they pick VR over miles, so what you end up with is 6~12 miles instead of 100~400 miles.

Vatallus
Aug 29, 2015, 05:06 AM
When will people realize that trial-and-erroring those bombs isn't going to work in CM? You'd think the first couple of deaths would make them stop.

Never because people can't solve 1st grade level logics. Or they are too blind to look and see that the bomb has paths on it.

I send people to this minigame in Super Mario every time they ask me how the bombs work. (Minus the mice blocking paths)

[SPOILER-BOX]
http://dlbaxter.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/super-mario-land-2-6-golden-coins-2014-03-24-16-11-25.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

TaigaUC
Aug 29, 2015, 05:14 AM
We're talking about people who cannot see Hunar doing this massive red fiery blaze.
They have to be pretty ignorant to always miss that when they're RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM.

No idea how the units compare. Haven't tried buying the IA1 unit set. I always just get a sub.
PUGs should skip Marmos' units if they're just going to STAND IN FRONT OF HUNAR'S AOE ANYWAY!

And yeah, I saw many people kiting Darkers on top of Maluda.
Not too bright.

Edit: Here are the units from IA1 (all a version):
http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?ブロワイル
http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%83%96%E3%83%AA%E3%83%A2%E3%82%A4%E3% 83%A4%E3%83%BC
http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%83%96%E3%83%A9%E3%83%B3%E3%83%80%E3% 82%A4%E3%83%89%E3%82%B9

http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%82%B5%E3%82%A4%E3%83%86%E3%82%B0%E3% 83%A9%E3%83%AB
http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%82%B5%E3%82%A4%E3%82%BF%E3%83%AD%E3% 82%B8%E3%83%A9%E3%83%A0
http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%82%B5%E3%82%A4%E3%83%88%E3%83%AC%E3% 82%B0%E3%83%8A%E3%83%BC

Here are the ones from the box near Marmos (AFAIK, and all 9 star):
http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%83%86%E3%82%A3%E3%82%A2%E3%83%B3%E3% 83%AA%E3%83%B3
http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%83%86%E3%82%A3%E3%82%A2%E3%83%B3%E3% 82%A8%E3%83%B3

http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%83%B4%E3%82%A7%E3%83%B3%E3%83%88%E3% 83%98%E3%82%AF%E3%82%B5
http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%83%B4%E3%82%A7%E3%83%B3%E3%83%88%E3% 83%86%E3%83%88%E3%83%A9

Daru Maruri (Marmos) itself can drop:
Vijaya (Partisan), Jinrai (Double Saber), Yatenkouga (Katana), Frigiaend (Gunslash), Avenger (Rifle), Sacred Skewer, Asagiri Rendan, Grim Barrage, Deband 7.

To be honest, I wasn't aware it was skippable.

Vatallus
Aug 29, 2015, 05:44 AM
We're talking about people who cannot see Hunar doing this massive red fiery blaze.
They have to be pretty ignorant to always miss that when they're RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM.

No idea how the units compare. Haven't tried buying the IA1 unit set. I always just get a sub.
PUGs should skip Marmos' units if they're just going to STAND IN FRONT OF HUNAR'S AOE ANYWAY!

What if all those people were actually guard stance Hunters that only use Elder Pain/Chainsword + Over End on their main server.

emeraude
Aug 29, 2015, 05:55 AM
I think I have a misconception about how those work, then.
Ah well, if you didn't know, those can be defused on first try like Vatallus' post.

It's kind of a pain when you get it wrong because a) it explodes, knocking back and damaging whoever's near (not a good thing when you're in the middle of caters/darkers) and b) the exploding animation takes a few seconds before you can try again.

milranduil
Aug 29, 2015, 06:53 AM
What if all those people were actually guard stance Hunters that only use Elder Pain/Chainsword + Over End on their main server.

It doesn't matter, that attack should be blocked anyway due to the fact that it stuns.

Vatallus
Aug 29, 2015, 06:58 AM
The joke goes flying over.

Maenara
Aug 29, 2015, 07:23 AM

And yeah, I saw many people kiting Darkers on top of Maluda.
Not too bright.

Edit: Here are the units from IA1 (all a version):
http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?ブロワイル
http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%83%96%E3%83%AA%E3%83%A2%E3%82%A4%E3% 83%A4%E3%83%BC
http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%83%96%E3%83%A9%E3%83%B3%E3%83%80%E3% 82%A4%E3%83%89%E3%82%B9

http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%82%B5%E3%82%A4%E3%83%86%E3%82%B0%E3% 83%A9%E3%83%AB
http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%82%B5%E3%82%A4%E3%82%BF%E3%83%AD%E3% 82%B8%E3%83%A9%E3%83%A0
http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%82%B5%E3%82%A4%E3%83%88%E3%83%AC%E3% 82%B0%E3%83%8A%E3%83%BC

Here are the ones from the box near Marmos (AFAIK, and all 9 star):
http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%83%86%E3%82%A3%E3%82%A2%E3%83%B3%E3% 83%AA%E3%83%B3
http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%83%86%E3%82%A3%E3%82%A2%E3%83%B3%E3% 82%A8%E3%83%B3

http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%83%B4%E3%82%A7%E3%83%B3%E3%83%88%E3% 83%98%E3%82%AF%E3%82%B5
http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%83%B4%E3%82%A7%E3%83%B3%E3%83%88%E3% 83%86%E3%83%88%E3%83%A9

Daru Maruri (Marmos) itself can drop:
Vijaya (Partisan), Jinrai (Double Saber), Yatenkouga (Katana), Frigiaend (Gunslash), Avenger (Rifle), Sacred Skewer, Asagiri Rendan, Grim Barrage, Deband 7.

To be honest, I wasn't aware it was skippable.

Dal Malri dies in like 15 seconds anyways.

TaigaUC
Aug 29, 2015, 07:26 AM
Yeah, I'm busy on the Giant Yeti (usually alone) while everyone's humping Marmos.
Next thing I know, the units pop out of the box.

So, is Hunar's AOE guardable? I don't remember if I've ever successfully guarded it before.

Xaelouse
Aug 29, 2015, 07:50 AM
the moment when it stuns you on the ground can be just guarded, along with everything else

TaigaUC
Aug 29, 2015, 07:55 AM
Okay, thanks.
So my timing must have been off when I tried it yesterday.

Poyonche
Aug 29, 2015, 08:08 AM
I think I am cursed.

Every, fucking, time, I take a katana, the MPA dies at Hunar.
But when I take another weapon, like Jetboots or Partizan, nothing goes wrong.

I don't die so it isn't a problem like that. :/

KazukiQZ
Aug 29, 2015, 08:55 AM
^Pure unluckiness xD

Because I've just cleared 3 out of 4 runs I did tonight, and all 3 successful runs are with Katanas. The failed one (at Hunar) because someone decided to take the bloody Miles instead of VR in M3 =w=;;

Achelousaurus
Aug 29, 2015, 10:40 AM
So, is Hunar's AOE guardable? I don't remember if I've ever successfully guarded it before.
For me the game lags almost every single time a boss does a strong attack, therefore making it impossible to guard most of the time.

The weird part is that it looks like hardware lag and not server lag, like the game is so very busy calculating the outcome of the boss attack it skips frames and doesn't accept input in the meantime.
I didn't have this issue in the past, but my pc didn't change either so it's very confusing.

Btw my lowest finish was at 3149 cm. All the rest to get to 5000 is from picking up mile crystals?

Lisk
Aug 29, 2015, 11:07 AM
Never thought of getting a unit set over dolls at I1 actually -- how do they compare to the 9* units from M4? Being able to skip those units would be a godsend (especially since Mammoth doesn't really drop anything), as it would really speed up our runs as people insist on getting the units for the extra defense for M5.

They seem to be the best units behind the Brisa ones. The shop trade-in ones come with Stamina I as well, so the whole set puts the player at 420ish HP by M3, and even wulfs only hit for maybe about 150. They stop offering immortality by M5 against the likes of bullet stunlock and cyclops, but should still be better than Tian and the other pieces.

TaigaUC
Aug 29, 2015, 12:35 PM
@Megi
Tried resetting video card settings to default and see if it still happens?
Make sure you back up your current settings first, though.

LunaSolstice
Aug 29, 2015, 05:40 PM
I feel like avoiding the 430+ blocks because I typically find the worst MPAs on them lol

Maninbluejumpsuit
Aug 29, 2015, 05:48 PM
I still don't get the bomb gimmicks.

This (http://dlbaxter.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/super-mario-land-2-6-golden-coins-2014-03-24-16-11-25.png) doesn't say anything about the path the fuse will go. I literally just skip that stupid ass ecode whenever I find it after the first few times I even tried.

LonelyGaruga
Aug 29, 2015, 05:54 PM
The bombs have three spots on them that have a trail of lines. One spot will be yellow, the other two will be red grayed out. Follow the yellow one and take every branch as you trace the line and reach the end. Whichever one it ends up on out of top/middle/bottom is the correct answer. Prompts are in the same order, top to bottom.

TheszNuts
Aug 29, 2015, 05:55 PM
The bomb isn't hard, just requires someone who can focus past the ADHD of the katana spam. Start from where fuse starts, and jump lanes each time u see a connection to another lane. Go at least aggro mobs away from it for someone else to defuse.

Kayarine
Aug 29, 2015, 06:01 PM
Here's a quick image example of how the bomb works:
http://i.imgur.com/ByjTX18.png

Maninbluejumpsuit
Aug 29, 2015, 06:18 PM
Managed to get to I1 without a single grinder.

Last MPA didnt even make it to the 6 mile crystals in M4.

I shouldn't have bothered with this crap after I got the camos -_-

Kondibon
Aug 29, 2015, 06:25 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ByjTX18.pngSaving this for later. I can never explain it properly.

pkemr4
Aug 29, 2015, 06:43 PM

ah i get it, this is pretty helpful. but does the line move around slowish to follow it?

Kondibon
Aug 29, 2015, 06:46 PM
ah i get it, this is pretty helpful. but does the line move around slowish to follow it?The lines don't move you just have to follow the path from the glowing one to determine which of the other 3 to press.

pkemr4
Aug 29, 2015, 09:18 PM
The lines don't move you just have to follow the path from the glowing one to determine which of the other 3 to press.

found this video to be quite helpful https://youtu.be/MUqU_-GZe0Q

untrustful
Aug 29, 2015, 09:30 PM
Basically, if you're at an intersection, you always take it. "Oh sweet! There's a left here!" "Oh! We can go right here."

Like a daft driver

Maenara
Aug 29, 2015, 10:19 PM
Had a pretty awesome pug run earlier. We almost did a full mile clear, picked CM in every mission, grabbed the 1k mile crystal at the very end, killed Guranz, but lost time at Anga. We were short, perhaps, by 5~10% VR.

Made an SA out of this in my downtime:
http://i.imgur.com/BEPdKSF.png

pozertron
Aug 29, 2015, 11:44 PM
Getting Sange/Yasha at Interval 2 feels like an achievement in of itself.... so satisfying

SolRiver
Aug 30, 2015, 04:48 AM
oh my goodness, weekend players are pretty bad in a large bunch.

every country's bad player is equally bad. =/

Totally different from the weekdays.

The only thing interesting I saw is people destroyed the lilipa emergency for scape doll in like a split sec... that actually save us those time duration.

Maenara
Aug 30, 2015, 05:00 AM
oh my goodness, weekend players are pretty bad in a large bunch.

every country's bad player is equally bad. =/

Totally different from the weekdays.

The only thing interesting I saw is people destroyed the lilipa emergency for scape doll in like a split sec... that actually save us those time duration.

A good group will be able to choose mile crystal in M2, complete Lillipan trial for Challenge Doll and mile crystal, and still 100% I1.

Poyonche
Aug 30, 2015, 05:32 AM
How much did you get from that full miles run?

Z-0
Aug 30, 2015, 05:55 AM
Full miles run is about 5,200 in 20-25 minutes. It's also actually challenging for those who think CM2 is too easy.

As long as you make it into the last room also, you will get 4,200 miles or so, which is still more than the average PUG run.

Mildora
Aug 30, 2015, 06:05 AM
Full miles run is about 5,200 in 20-25 minutes. It's also actually challenging for those who think CM2 is too easy.

As long as you make it into the last room also, you will get 4,200 miles or so, which is still more than the average PUG run.

Last room being Anga? If so, I've only been obtaining 3,100 miles.

edit

nvm didn't read post before yours.

oratank
Aug 30, 2015, 06:33 AM
wrong pug will end at hunar aoe slam. or they leave at the first mile switch

Viash
Aug 30, 2015, 07:07 AM
The bomb etrial is based off this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amidakuji

Maenara
Aug 30, 2015, 07:38 AM

Not challenging enough to not be done by random groups before the end of week one though, evidently.

Z-0
Aug 30, 2015, 07:55 AM
Would love to see where random groups have done it.

I've played in countless and never gotten to the last room when taking all miles.

Maenara
Aug 30, 2015, 07:59 AM
Would love to see where random groups have done it.

I've played in countless and never gotten to the last room when taking all miles.

If I've gotten to the final room when taking all miles in a random group, there sure as hell have been others.

Z-0
Aug 30, 2015, 08:08 AM
That's not clearing though, and Anga is extremely deadly when doing full mile clears because nobody has the Brisa set and it's very easy for Anga to one shot you. Furthermore the cyclops in the top right always does hammer throw if not broken immediately which is a guaranteed one shot if it clips through you (and I'm sure everyone knows how annoying ball and chain is).

We choke countless times there despite the run being quick beforehand, a slip-up will cost it easily.

Making it to the last room isn't that difficult in itself, but making sure you survive through it is.

Maenara
Aug 30, 2015, 08:19 AM
Statistically speaking, if a group makes it that far on a full mile run, then they're less likely to start fucking up at the final room. The group I had simply ran out of time on Anga, it wasn't because anyone died.

oratank
Aug 30, 2015, 08:27 AM
why not take the stone so you only lost 300 mile but if you can't kill anga it's like you lost 1000 mile

Xelor
Aug 30, 2015, 08:43 AM
Statistically speaking, if a group makes it that far on a full mile run, then they're less likely to start fucking up at the final room. The group I had simply ran out of time on Anga, it wasn't because anyone died.

Except that Brisa gives 75 to all attack, which if the whole party had it, everyone would've done 75x12 more damage plus weak stance boost multiplier and any shifta bonuses, etc. That's not even talking about how much more aggressively you can attack when you don't have to worry about dying.

I don't know about you, but if the whole party can get one/two-shotted, I may personally be good at the game and not care (or I could suck), but I'm expecting a whole group of strangers to not wipe, AND in that, still attack just as aggressively as they should be. Chances are, there were a couple people in there being too careful, but in doing so, not contributing enough damage.

This is a different scenario altogether if you knew these people. But you don't. You may not see death, but you certainly can't evaluate how EVERYONE is doing at all given times to see if someone's not pulling their "DPS" weight.

In short, it's one thing to not die. It's another thing when doing a full mile run, which implies you're running without Brisa, to not die as a team and still be doing substantial damage, as a team, all the way through.

That's not to say you're doing crap damage without Brisa, because you're actually still doing great damage especially after reaching that far. But a full miles clear is literally a "perfect" run all the way to the end, including Anga, which is the true test. It's a big curve. And with a damage handicap on both ends at that. So everyone has to hit fast, hard, and consistently while not dying.

The end, was just the beginning, at least for PUGs. Much easier with a coordinated 12-man party group, and can make this CQ a joke. Statistics still skew at the end with the amount of damage in the amount of time you have to do it in.

Maenara
Aug 30, 2015, 08:57 AM
Sure, anything to avoid admitting the facts here. I'm sure that when I get a full mile clear with a random group in another week it'll have just been a fluke.

ZynischQ
Aug 30, 2015, 08:57 AM
If you're doing a full mile run you're not getting full brisa, the three rocks you'd normally use are with the VR choice in m4.

Zyrusticae
Aug 30, 2015, 08:59 AM
why not take the stone so you only lost 300 mile but if you can't kill anga it's like you lost 1000 mile
Because getting the 1000 miles for taking all miles at the end means you come out on top even if you can't kill Anga.

Xelor
Aug 30, 2015, 09:05 AM
Sure, anything to avoid admitting the facts here. I'm sure that when I get a full mile clear with a random group in another week it'll have just been a fluke.

Is this CQ easy? Yes. Gawd it's easy. I'm only saying a full miles clear is still a feat. Certainly not impossible, especially since the only thing that changes in the quest is the people you're playing with, and the loot everyone gets.

I'd be silly calling this CQ hard just in general for anyone who's played enough hours to get it. I'm only getting at the fact that for PUGs, it's a miracle.

We're all going to be masters at it eventually, so it wouldn't be a surprise if a full miles run starts happening more often. Only that people that get what they want, will most likely leave, and in come new people. That or people get incredibly bored. Despite that there will be new strategies, new pugs will happen.

Bellion
Aug 30, 2015, 09:06 AM
It will be a fluke unless you complete it with both m3 golds and m5 quartz spawns. :wacko:

Maenara
Aug 30, 2015, 09:10 AM
Those things that should take 20-30 seconds out of the mission at most?

Bellion
Aug 30, 2015, 09:10 AM
You underestimate 20-30 seconds at Anga.

Xelor
Aug 30, 2015, 09:12 AM
Those things that should take 20-30 seconds out of the mission at most?

You're already expecting too much out of PUGs.

New people aren't gonna get it. And they will bring you down. That's not bad as long as they learn, but you're not always getting an A+ party, which is kind of what you need despite how easy it is.

oratank
Aug 30, 2015, 09:28 AM
It will be a fluke unless you complete it with both m3 golds and m5 quartz spawns. :wacko:

how to avoid these spawn

Maenara
Aug 30, 2015, 09:31 AM
You're already expecting too much out of PUGs.

New people aren't gonna get it. And they will bring you down. That's not bad as long as they learn, but you're not always getting an A+ party, which is kind of what you need despite how easy it is.

I'll make sure to notify you the first time I get a random MPA that contains 12 players who know how to use Sakura-Endo and katana's shift action. Because that's pretty much the only thing you need.

Vatallus
Aug 30, 2015, 09:34 AM
If I get quake howling you can also bet that I'm going to take knuckles with weak stance/chase advance plus at the I1 shop.

You can't stop me from enjoying my runs!

.... But yes Katana and Sudo is all you should need.