PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else using Windows 10 has a black screen now?

the_importer_
Aug 26, 2015, 12:07 AM
So I pre-patch this morning with no problems at all, the game still ran fine. Put the final patch less than an hour ago and bang, no more PSO2, screen goes black after the opening movie. I did put the PSO2 folder in the MS Defender white list, so WTF?

This happens on both my computers BTW, but running Windows 10.

Skye-Fox713
Aug 26, 2015, 01:17 AM
Same thing here, but with window's 7

edit-
Going to uninstall the eng patches to see if that fixes anything

jooozek
Aug 26, 2015, 01:17 AM
fucked up for me too, i had the pre-patch downloaded so i bet its that shit, im gonna be full scanning as will it more than likely fix it
edit: yep, fixed it
edit2: applied both english patches and it broke again, new bet is large files patch

Anduril
Aug 26, 2015, 01:19 AM
Have you guys installed the English patch, and how did you install it? It is doing fine for me vanilla.

EDIT: Just to note, the direct link to the patch from the patch team seems to be giving a 404 Error, so if you are installing it via the tweaker, it is probably the wrong version.

Skye-Fox713
Aug 26, 2015, 01:25 AM
yup tweaker has the English patch as not compatable as of (Edited 8/26/15 12:59 EST). The others should be ok.

PSO2 Patch Compatibility (Edited 8/26/15 12:59 EST)

> English patch: Do NOT install, not compatible!
> Story/Large Files (New method): Compatible!
> JP enemy/e-trials: Compatible!
> Item Patch: Unknown
> PSO2Proxy Support: Unknown

Skye-Fox713
Aug 26, 2015, 01:41 AM
Yeah, the english patch for some reason is giving a blackscreen. I'm looking into it.

Thank you for your dedication!

Flaoc
Aug 26, 2015, 02:52 AM
BAD END:

The English patch is currently causing a blackscreen - I've tried everything I can think of to fix it, but I've not been successful so far. When Agrajag comes online, I'll poke him about it and see if we can get it fixed through some sort of demon magic.

goddamit

TaigaUC
Aug 26, 2015, 02:55 AM
In before speculation that this implies NA release.

Dammy
Aug 26, 2015, 03:04 AM
yeah, i can confirm, game runs fine on vanilla, en patch cause blackscreen

Mattykins
Aug 26, 2015, 03:11 AM
I uninstalled the EN patch and Large Files, and now I can get in fine, but when I try to hand in or take a CO, I just kinda get stuck staring awkwardly at the NPC.

Sirius-91
Aug 26, 2015, 03:44 AM
I uninstalled the EN patch and Large Files, and now I can get in fine, but when I try to hand in or take a CO, I just kinda get stuck staring awkwardly at the NPC.

Uninstall the story patch if you got that installed.

Mattykins
Aug 26, 2015, 03:54 AM
Yup, that fixed it.

MDashK
Aug 26, 2015, 04:01 AM
Also got the CO issue.
Seems the only patch working OK So far is the Large files patch.

Sirius-91
Aug 26, 2015, 04:02 AM
Also got the CO issue.
Seems the only patch working OK So far is the Large files patch.

I had to remove both the story and large files, only was I then able to turn in TCO's or pick them up.

Nitro Vordex
Aug 26, 2015, 04:38 AM
Also interesting is that if you've got part of the English patch, the salon won't work properly either. It'll give you blackscreen but still have some function apparently.

judemaxwell
Aug 26, 2015, 04:49 AM
is proxy still down? Cause i can't connect

MDashK
Aug 26, 2015, 04:56 AM
O...K... I think this is related...

http://i.imgur.com/IbwBeWkl.png (http://i.imgur.com/IbwBeWk.png)

It showed up and just... Stays like that.... Weird... Like the model was loaded but... Just that?

This happened to me with only Large Files Patch installed BTW.

Lockon Stratos
Aug 26, 2015, 05:06 AM
I also have the black screen, if anyone finds a way around this plz post it. thanks

the_importer_
Aug 26, 2015, 05:23 AM
I also have the black screen, if anyone finds a way around this plz post it. thanks

I chose the option in the Tweaker to restore the original Japanese files for the English Patch option and it fixed the issue.

Lockon Stratos
Aug 26, 2015, 05:28 AM
yeah that's not working for me. =(

the_importer_
Aug 26, 2015, 05:32 AM
yeah that's not working for me. =(

Did you go to Redownload Original Japanese Files or Restore Backup of Japanese Files?

EDIT: I get stuck when picking a client order, have to close the game :(
I don't get it, we had much larger updates than this in the past and it never fucked up like this before.

Lockon Stratos
Aug 26, 2015, 05:37 AM
Restore backup of JP files > english patch. I also did Restore backup of JP files > large english patch

the_importer_
Aug 26, 2015, 05:38 AM
Restore backup of JP files > english patch. I also did Restore backup of JP files > large english patch

Uninstall and reinstall I guess, or wait for a fix.

Lunaea
Aug 26, 2015, 06:19 AM
The issue that I'm having is when I go to the Esthe, I get a black screen. *shrugs* ._.

deahamlet
Aug 26, 2015, 07:10 AM
Did anyone check that PSO2 is in the exception list for Windows Defender/Microsoft Security Essentials? On bumped they posted a note from SEGA regarding that.

Tyroki
Aug 26, 2015, 07:15 AM
For the record, happening on Windows 7 as well.

Sirius-91
Aug 26, 2015, 07:23 AM
Did anyone check that PSO2 is in the exception list for Windows Defender/Microsoft Security Essentials? On bumped they posted a note from SEGA regarding that.

It isn't that, that was the first thing I've did, then installed the patches.

Ended up removing all of them after removing them one by one to see what was the issue.

zbvcx123
Aug 26, 2015, 07:35 AM
nothing works........ uninstall english patch and large file i still cant login

Shinamori
Aug 26, 2015, 07:36 AM
You have to do a file check.

zbvcx123
Aug 26, 2015, 07:39 AM
well checked the black screen is gone but i cant login it say been cut off or some sort

Lockon Stratos
Aug 26, 2015, 08:01 AM
You have to do a file check.

Thanks that worked for me. <3

dust7043
Aug 26, 2015, 08:22 AM
I just wanted to play PSO2 for the first time today. I noticed the warning at the PSO Tweaker to not install the english patch.
In this case there is no way to play the game in english at the moment?

RibbonSoft
Aug 26, 2015, 08:24 AM
I just wanted to play PSO2 for the first time today. I noticed the warning at the PSO Tweaker to not install the english patch.
In this case there is no way to play the game in english at the moment?

No.

For most people, all patches are breaking the game in some form or another. There also does not appear to be a possibility of a fix at this time. Unless you can read moonrunes, you're SOL.

zbvcx123
Aug 26, 2015, 08:27 AM
No.

For most people, all patches are breaking the game in some form or another. There also does not appear to be a possibility of a fix at this time. Unless you can read moonrunes, you're SOL.

Oo moonrune? whats that

dust7043
Aug 26, 2015, 08:28 AM
ok, thanks for the fast reply!

RibbonSoft
Aug 26, 2015, 10:15 AM
Oo moonrune? whats that

Japanese. The language uses Chinese characters and three other scripts for inflection and loan words (hiragana, katakana, and Modern Latin alphabet). If you can read Japanese, then you won't have a problem.