PDA

View Full Version : Lv. 75 Title Rewards add to base stats

Chdata
Aug 26, 2015, 09:00 AM
Just tested looked at it, and yes, they add to the stats that let you equip stuff.

Hoho!

/discuss

cheapgunner
Aug 26, 2015, 09:04 AM
From the other thread it seems a new class is coming for episode 4 ( down the road ), this is a considerably nice boost for players.

Xelor
Aug 26, 2015, 09:04 AM
Yas.

That's my two cents.

KazukiQZ
Aug 26, 2015, 09:16 AM
Finally can equip Queen Vera as Female Newman FOTE 75/75 xD

Its DEX requirement is 450, while my DEX was 449. I'm using pure T-Atk mag.

Now my DEX is 500+ , so np =w=)b

the_importer_
Aug 26, 2015, 09:19 AM
Let's hope this new Level-up Quest is better than the last one.

dr apocalipsis
Aug 26, 2015, 09:23 AM
Elysion on my female newman FOTE.

2 years late, though.

Zyrusticae
Aug 26, 2015, 09:23 AM
So you don't need to have the class equipped as a main or sub for the stat boost?

That's nuts...

the_importer_
Aug 26, 2015, 09:24 AM
So you don't need to have the class equipped as a main or sub for the stat boost?

That's nuts...

Anything to avoid a level cap I guess :p

KazukiQZ
Aug 26, 2015, 09:42 AM
Let's hope this new Level-up Quest is better than the last one.
Wrong thread, but...

It's the 1st LQ. If anything the EXP gain's kinda meh (the 50% might fixed it a little bit). And it summons the Nyau variations (again). No XH sadly, so no Gold badge or XH 12* specific drops, mainly the Nox series.

the_importer_
Aug 26, 2015, 09:49 AM
Wrong thread, but...

It's the 1st LQ. If anything the EXP gain's kinda meh (the 50% might fixed it a little bit). And it summons the Nyau variations (again). No XH sadly, so no Gold badge or XH 12* specific drops, mainly the Nox series.

Not really off topic since the Title Rewards are archived by leveling up and I'm talking about a Level-up Quest :p

KLMS1
Aug 26, 2015, 10:03 AM

That's nuts...

Were that not the case it'd be a pretty poor incentive for leveling neglected classes.

Zorafim
Aug 26, 2015, 10:59 AM
Well, I did enjoy capping classes. It would be a nice boost while leveling new classes if a previously capped class added to their stats..
On top of subclasses, mags, and crafted equipment, it's probably a drop in the bucket, though.

RadiantLegend
Aug 26, 2015, 11:40 AM
Glorious, I don't have to make a new skill tree for god hand.

Chdata
Aug 26, 2015, 11:41 AM
Not really off topic since the Title Rewards are archived by leveling up and I'm talking about a Level-up Quest :p

Off topic as designated by the original poster. We're talking about the stat bonus, not quests.

reaper527
Aug 26, 2015, 11:48 AM
do all the bonuses stack on top of each other or do you have to choose 1 bonus at a time to use? if they all stack, i'm going to have some major buffs on my character when i log on tonight since i've got all 8 classes at cap.

Anduril
Aug 26, 2015, 11:48 AM
do all the bonuses stack on top of each other or do you have to choose 1 bonus at a time to use? if they all stack, i'm going to have some major buffs on my character when i log on tonight since i've got all 8 classes at cap.
They all stack.

EDIT: Here are the total Bonuses:
http://i.imgur.com/jR6Evee.png
Source (http://www.bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-extended-maintenance-and-patch-8262015/)

Zorafim
Aug 26, 2015, 11:51 AM
And what are the bonuses?
edit: Those are the bonuses.

Zyrusticae
Aug 26, 2015, 11:54 AM
50 HP, 10 PP, 120 of each ATK stat, 50 of each DEF stat, and 60 DEX/APT added to your base stats.

Ain't bad at all. Still a drop in the bucket at 75/75, but a decent enough incentive without being overpowering to the point where you feel gimped if you don't have every class at 75.

reaper527
Aug 26, 2015, 12:06 PM
that's awesome. 50hp, 10pp and 120 of all atks? that's better than getting another unit slot AND it applies to base stats.

Zorafim
Aug 26, 2015, 12:10 PM
Those look like gains people spend millions to get. Mags provide, +200 of one stat? And cheap affixing is +60 atp per unit? Definitely a nice boost.
Seems like this will motivate more elitists to do more low level content, and reward players who don't engage in endgame content.

Zyrusticae
Aug 26, 2015, 12:15 PM
The time investment is pretty extreme, though.

At least, it looks that way from my perspective, where I only just hit 75 in a single class and every other class bar Bouncer (which I haven't leveled at all) is in the mid 50s-low 60s range.

inb4 'wat r u, casul?'

Zorafim
Aug 26, 2015, 12:24 PM
Come to think of it, you have a bunch of alts, don't you? This punishes people who don't play all their classes on one character, I didn't realize. Which is strange, since normally Sega seemed to encourage having as many characters as possible. Or at least, have an interest in you having many characters.

As for the time investment... If people can grind money to lose to Dudu for every new upgrade they get, I don't think they'd mind leveling a few classes to cap for some permanent boosts. Not to mention, I'm sure the grind isn't horrible considering what you need to do to get an upgrade in this game.
Still, if you don't want to grind every class, you still seem to gain the most benefit for grinding the classes you'd have high anyway. HU/FIs, for instance, would gain a non-trivial amount of stats on their primary stats. As much as half a mag, even.

Anduril
Aug 26, 2015, 12:25 PM
I got all classes up to 75 slowly and mostly through EQs and LQs over a long period of time using multi-class weapons and EXP boosters. Basically, as soon as I capped my first class, I moved on to the subclass, then when that was capped, I just started going through each of the remaining classes out of sheer boredom over getting no return from putting more EXP into my capped main class after getting all my SP. My Vibras Bow got me through Hunter nicely.

LunaSolstice
Aug 26, 2015, 12:25 PM
The rewards make a pretty good difference so far in battle so I like. Now I have more motivation to finish capping other classes.

Just glad they brought back the June-July Darkers Nest LQ because I love this place.

LonelyGaruga
Aug 26, 2015, 12:26 PM
Come to think of it, you have a bunch of alts, don't you? This punishes people who don't play all their classes on one character, I didn't realize. Which is strange, since normally Sega seemed to encourage having as many characters as possible. Or at least, have an interest in you having many characters.

How does it punish anyone? It applies on every character regardless of whether they have the class capped or not. You just need a character that has the class capped on your account.

Zorafim
Aug 26, 2015, 12:28 PM
I used to cap classes just to try them all out. It was pretty easy with three, got pretty bad with six, and I don't even want to think about eight.
But really, how hard can it be with all the boosts you get? You can get a vhard level weapon in normal with crafting, and keep your mag (which only helps a few classes, I realize). These boosts provide ten level's worth of stats to specific stats, which may make things even better.

How does it punish anyone? It applies on every character regardless of whether they have the class capped or not. You just need a character that has the class capped on your account.

Comparatively. You enjoy having three characters, your friend enjoys one. You two otherwise play exactly the same. You come out behind in terms of stats because of it.

Kondibon
Aug 26, 2015, 12:30 PM
Come to think of it, you have a bunch of alts, don't you? This punishes people who don't play all their classes on one character,

The title bonus is shared across characters.

RadiantLegend
Aug 26, 2015, 12:30 PM
I'd rather not play force or techer but I need that extra 2pp. EQ MPAs are only going to get worse. The dawn of the lechers.

the_importer_
Aug 26, 2015, 12:36 PM
Off topic as designated by the original poster. We're talking about the stat bonus, not quests.

And you get bonus stats by doing what, lobby actions for 3 hours?

Zorafim
Aug 26, 2015, 12:38 PM
The title bonus is shared across characters.

I am honestly surprised Sega did something smart.

TwistedShaerk
Aug 26, 2015, 12:38 PM
Anyone want to run Urban VHAQs with me so I can max Te(71), Br(71), and Gu(49)? Also so other people can max their uncapped classes? :wacko:

reaper527
Aug 26, 2015, 12:40 PM

how so? the bonus applies account wide if any character on the account reaches the cap.

milranduil
Aug 26, 2015, 12:41 PM
as if lv 1 chars weren't broken enough as it is with an instant lv 200 mag, now this l0l.

reaper527
Aug 26, 2015, 12:42 PM
as if lv 1 chars weren't broken enough as it is with an instant lv 200 mag, now this l0l.

now you can equip ares weapons and saiki units on vh :)

Zorafim
Aug 26, 2015, 12:46 PM
how so? the bonus applies account wide if any character on the account reaches the cap.

I'm out of the loop, didn't know that.

You can only one shot things so hard, and be so invincible. I'd really love how fast a lv1 character can reach lv20 now, considering I'm sure they can oneshot everything in the highest level normal quest available.

milranduil
Aug 26, 2015, 01:14 PM
now you can equip ares weapons and saiki units on vh :)

I was equipping ares rod in hard cuz of mag and t-atk high up.

[Ayumi]
Aug 26, 2015, 02:05 PM
As someone say, on an all 75 class character it's not really a big boost.

I haven't tried on my alts yet, but I'm very thrilled/anxious to try them out. I'm hoping to be able to use my Gal weapons on non level 75s, using my Saiki on those under level 70, and so on and so forth.
Might also mean they will be much easier to level up now which makes me even happier.

jooozek
Aug 26, 2015, 02:16 PM
it lets you equip elysion and queen vera without any dex/s-atk investment on a female newman fo/te, op as fuck :wacko:

the_importer_
Aug 26, 2015, 02:28 PM
;3286809']As someone say, on an all 75 class character it's not really a big boost.

I haven't tried on my alts yet, but I'm very thrilled/anxious to try them out. I'm hoping to be able to use my Gal weapons on non level 75s, using my Saiki on those under level 70, and so on and so forth.
Might also mean they will be much easier to level up now which makes me even happier.

True, but every little bit helps. I personally think that the biggest boosts are the 50 HP, 10 PP and the 60 DEX if you're a crafter.

[Ayumi]
Aug 26, 2015, 02:34 PM
True, but every little bit helps. I personally think that the biggest boosts are the 50 HP, 10 PP and the 60 DEX if you're a crafter.

The biggest boost to me in a way was the ATP as it pretty much almost gave me a 2nd mag equipped (or should I say 3) which helps a bit.
The dex it helps a ton as well on the equipment requirments which also would boost your power as you once might had to use a Vita Rod or something, might be able to use a Nox now.. or at least a really good 10* if you already had one.

Rakurai
Aug 26, 2015, 02:59 PM
I guess having DEX on a mag is completely unneeded now.

Zorafim
Aug 26, 2015, 03:14 PM
As is having a mag in the first place. They were only useful for equipping stuff anyway.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Aug 26, 2015, 03:25 PM
As is having a mag in the first place. They were only useful for equipping stuff anyway.

+200 atk is a free 5% damage boost minimum.

Ketos proi PP battery.

SP trigger PP battery.

Triggers such as PP restore J, and stat boost K.

LunaSolstice
Aug 26, 2015, 03:41 PM

I still say 20 second invincibility is the most OP thing in this game.

Zorafim
Aug 26, 2015, 03:50 PM
Yeah but besides that.

Asphyxiia
Aug 26, 2015, 04:25 PM
Yeah but besides that.

What else do you want from a mag? Solo an Anga? :wacko:

infiniteeverlasting
Aug 26, 2015, 04:54 PM
cuz of the english patch, i don't quite remember how to change titles...

Kondibon
Aug 26, 2015, 04:57 PM
Yeah but besides that.Or... yaknow... PBs... SP Actions are pretty good too.

landman
Aug 26, 2015, 04:58 PM
You can only one shot things so hard, and be so invincible. I'd really love how fast a lv1 character can reach lv20 now, considering I'm sure they can oneshot everything in the highest level normal quest available.
You can reach lvl 20 just by sitting at the end of the quest and letting friend partners kill the mission objective, then go to kofie and voila! lvl 20.

KLMS1
Aug 26, 2015, 04:59 PM
cuz of the english patch, i don't quite remember how to change titles...

Displayed stats don't do anything anyway, except perhaps socially.

Squal_FFVIII
Aug 26, 2015, 10:11 PM
So do we get a title for each class that we max out? How does this work?

Anduril
Aug 26, 2015, 10:15 PM
So do we get a title for each class that we max out? How does this work?
Yes, you hit lv75 on one of the 8 classes and you get a title. Once you go to the title counter, the bonus from that title will be active on all your characters.

That said, I was able to easily equip Zirenheit on my 63/57 Fi/Bo today when I was was only supposed to be able to equip it at 65/60 before thanks to the bonuses.

Squal_FFVIII
Aug 26, 2015, 10:37 PM
Ah so in short as soon as I hit lvl 75 I go to the title counter then I get my bonus?

So we basically get the titles we want? Meaning I don't need to cap all of my classes to get the bonuses? But obviously for the full effect we would want to max all our classes.

If so that's cool. That would mean that I could start enjoying some of the bonuses already!

Final thought, this also means that I could have some classes capped (like fo/te) on another character but by simply getting those 2 titles on that other character those bonuses will also transfer to my other character that doesn't have fo/te maxed out?

KLMS1
Aug 26, 2015, 10:45 PM
The effects are account-wide.

ArcaneTechs
Aug 27, 2015, 03:46 AM
Ah so in short as soon as I hit lvl 75 I go to the title counter then I get my bonus?

So we basically get the titles we want? Meaning I don't need to cap all of my classes to get the bonuses? But obviously for the full effect we would want to max all our classes.

If so that's cool. That would mean that I could start enjoying some of the bonuses already!

Final thought, this also means that I could have some classes capped (like fo/te) on another character but by simply getting those 2 titles on that other character those bonuses will also transfer to my other character that doesn't have fo/te maxed out?
yes, your over thinking it, if you have different classes on different characters, get on that character, grab the title and your done, the bonus is applied account wide, nothing more to it

mr.chills
Aug 27, 2015, 03:53 AM
what happens if the char you got the title/cap bonus with is erased AFTER you get the title, does the title/bonus remain?

ArcaneTechs
Aug 27, 2015, 04:00 AM
what happens if the char you got the title/cap bonus with is erased AFTER you get the title, does the title/bonus remain?
idk, i wasnt bored enough to delete a 75 i spent countless hours leveling, i mean you got the title already, it wouldnt matter if you capped it again since the title would still be cleared for you

mr.chills
Aug 27, 2015, 04:29 AM
yeah that was my thinking too, in a way that they don't take away other title rewards that were gotten already.
that extra excube that came with every cap title is what threw me off initially for some reason, since it was in the normal "reward: " section of the title box thingy and the bonus stats were all described in japanese (that i cant read) in the requirement section above. my guess is they stay forever on that account once you get them once regardless, but yeah def not willing to delete a char to find out

Perfect Chaos
Aug 27, 2015, 05:23 AM
Yes, you hit lv75 on one of the 8 classes and you get a title. Once you go to the title counter, the bonus from that title will be active on all your characters.Well, you actually get the bonus when you select to claim the rewards for that title, and not just when it pops up after going to the Title Counter. But that's just a technicality.

Anyway, on a different subject regarding this, I would actually rather get stat improvements this way than with regular level-cap increases, since this is the first time ever where SEGA let you increase base PP permanently, so I'm glad that this happened. Level-cap increase will eventually come, anyway...

Anduril
Aug 27, 2015, 10:10 AM
Well, you actually get the bonus when you select to claim the rewards for that title, and not just when it pops up after going to the Title Counter. But that's just a technicality.

Anyway, on a different subject regarding this, I would actually rather get stat improvements this way than with regular level-cap increases, since this is the first time ever where SEGA let you increase base PP permanently, so I'm glad that this happened. Level-cap increase will eventually come, anyway...
Well yeah, but who doesn't grab the rewards right away once they pop up? I must clear away the orange.

I personally hope they do other level-cap bonuses as well, like letting us use one passive skill from a lv75 class when on other classes. Imagine being able to use Killing Bonus on a melee class, or actually being able to recover PP while charging a Tech on a Fi/Bo.

[Ayumi]
Aug 27, 2015, 11:47 AM
Well yeah, but who doesn't grab the rewards right away once they pop up? I must clear away the orange.

I personally hope they do other level-cap bonuses as well, like letting us use one passive skill from a lv75 class when on other classes. Imagine being able to use Killing Bonus on a melee class, or actually being able to recover PP while charging a Tech on a Fi/Bo.

Like 90% of my titles are still in orange.
I only take the ones that I will know I would use. Those from before the level 75 where I get the red and blue weps? No use so I will never take them.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Aug 27, 2015, 12:27 PM
;3287331']Like 90% of my titles are still in orange.
I only take the ones that I will know I would use. Those from before the level 75 where I get the red and blue weps? No use so I will never take them.

Well have fun looking for the rewards then because you hate free stuff.

bagtransient
Aug 27, 2015, 12:33 PM
It's really not so difficult... its the set of titles towards the top that say 75 and have yellow text with stat increase numbers. Really hard to miss if you're looking for it tbh

[Ayumi]
Aug 27, 2015, 12:35 PM

I already got my stat bonus 1st thing after maintenance yesterday.
You just need to read the title to know which ones to get. That and the "Unlocked" Titles are set by category.

Can minimize the ones I know the title is not in to go grab it. It's really not that hard.

KLMS1
Aug 27, 2015, 12:52 PM

Quite beside the point. Many if not most of the title rewards are pure vendor trash at worst and affix fodder at best, so no reason to take them out unless you actually need them for something since storage space is limited. And the titles themselves are point-blank useless beyond marginal social applications.

Raid_Hirsh
Aug 27, 2015, 01:19 PM
You know -- you can always claim the title rewards, and keep the stuff that you do want and discard the stuff that you don't want -- right?

Also, the player's mileage may vary when it comes to storage space. While some have to make sacrifices in order to store stuff, other players, including myself, don't go through that issue.

[Ayumi]
Aug 27, 2015, 02:09 PM
You know -- you can always claim the title rewards, and keep the stuff that you do want and discard the stuff that you don't want -- right?

Also, the player's mileage may vary when it comes to storage space. While some have to make sacrifices in order to store stuff, other players, including myself, don't go through that issue.

I was spoiled in PSU. I need a lot of storage and having to maybe get all Extended Storage every month adds up.

Zakattacks
Aug 27, 2015, 03:44 PM
I'm just so glad they implemented this. It really encourages trying out different classes and frankly put, its had a huge impact on equipping crafting units or weapons. Really happy about it!

Alisha
Aug 27, 2015, 03:58 PM
this further cements my believe the games best days are behind it and they are working on the next game.

Zorafim
Aug 27, 2015, 04:21 PM
this further cements my believe the games best days are behind it and they are working on the next game.

I certainly hope so. If they can take this game's engine and do something with it, I'd be happy.
What's really worth salvaging from this game? The gameplay is fun, but the content is boring. The artstyle is typical, and the character models border on ridiculous. Perhaps the customization? But even then, only if you have a cute and sexy character.

Zakattacks
Aug 27, 2015, 04:23 PM
Honestly, I really like the game, and see very few problems with it in general. I don't get why people want to bash on a game that is free to play and has given just about as much content as a great many subscription-based games. I understand that its no FF14: Realm Reborn, but frankly put, was it ever designed to be?

KLMS1
Aug 27, 2015, 04:24 PM
The burnout is stronk in these.

Zyrusticae
Aug 27, 2015, 04:25 PM
I personally find the game is actually quite engaging after spending so much time away from it and being overwhelmed with the sheer amount of content.

It helps that I've never been on the cutting-edge gear- and level-wise, so the game has yet to reach that point of yawn-worthy boringness that a lot of folks seem to suffer from (though MPAs are still really boring when they're full).

But none of this will matter come Monday...

Zakattacks
Aug 27, 2015, 04:31 PM
Monday? Whats happening Monday? Forgive me if I'm really not as bright as I should be.

Zyrusticae
Aug 27, 2015, 04:54 PM
Sorry, kind of off-topic. I'm just jumping ship from the game for Dragon's Dogma Online.

KLMS1
Aug 27, 2015, 04:56 PM
The what.

the_importer_
Aug 27, 2015, 05:11 PM
Sorry, kind of off-topic. I'm just jumping ship from the game for Dragon's Dogma Online.

http://notesfrombeyond.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/1794600_676121819093192_1137979351_n.jpg

Zorafim
Aug 27, 2015, 05:15 PM
I personally find the game is actually quite engaging after spending so much time away from it and being overwhelmed with the sheer amount of content.
(though MPAs are still really boring when they're full).

Really? I enjoy boss fights to death (as you can probably tell if you can find my youtube channel), but I have to go out of my way to find that. Most of my experience with the game is being in a group (where rewards are greatest) and killing things before they have a chance to act. Maybe some actual content came out since I quit, but I spent a lot of time either instant-killing mobs in groups too big for their own good, or failing miserably to find a party to do said thing.

The burnout is stronk in these.

Oh, absolutely.

The what.

It's a new game which seems to have PSO2's rough gameplay, made by Sega. Might be good for a quick respite to see what the competition is doing.

Honestly, I really like the game, and see very few problems with it in general. I don't get why people want to bash on a game that is free to play and has given just about as much content as a great many subscription-based games. I understand that its no FF14: Realm Reborn, but frankly put, was it ever designed to be?

Hey guess what I'm playing now!

Flaoc
Aug 27, 2015, 05:15 PM
http://notesfrombeyond.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/1794600_676121819093192_1137979351_n.jpg

pretty much this.. tired of seeing this keep popping up everytime

Zorafim
Aug 27, 2015, 05:17 PM
Well, it's obviously on his(?) mind, and he did kind of try to avoid it. It'll die down in a week or two. Either he'll come back sated and want more PSO2 action, or he'll never come back.
Or he'll be like me and constantly harp on this game while playing another.

Zyrusticae
Aug 27, 2015, 05:18 PM
[snip]
pretty much this.. tired of seeing this keep popping up everytime
Hey, I'm just answering a question here. Don't pin this one on me.

The what.
Look here. (http://julien-schu.tumblr.com/ddon.html)

Kondibon
Aug 27, 2015, 05:33 PM
Or he'll be like me and constantly harp on this game while playing another.Do I need to stage an intervention for you too? I:

Perfect Chaos
Aug 27, 2015, 05:46 PM

Also, the player's mileage may vary when it comes to storage space. While some have to make sacrifices in order to store stuff, other players, including myself, don't go through that issue.I don't know why people are pushing others to take the title rewards immediately, when it does players no harm to not take it until you actually have a use for it. It's pretty much free storage for stuff that you might need later but not at the moment.
Like, I also don't take the Red/Blue weapon rewards immediately, but during Dudu boost week, fodder prices go up so I took them out to sell. No point of claiming them to waste other storage space in the meantime.
And I have rented all 5 AC storage space at some point in time, with them mostly full at the moment (I horde cheaply priced good fodder from the shop to resell later during boost week), so it's not about being limited to freemium storage space; it's about maximum storage efficiency.

But we're getting a little off topic with this subject, so I'll leave it at that.

[Ayumi]
Aug 27, 2015, 07:57 PM

I would've tried FFXI 2.0 if it wasn't for the subscription.
That and... I kinda don't want to play a FFXI2.

This one I was interested in when someone mentioned it a while back.. until I noticed it looked like one of those typical medieval/kingdom/knights looking games and I lost all interest.

Alisha
Aug 27, 2015, 08:52 PM

It helps that I've never been on the cutting-edge gear- and level-wise, so the game has yet to reach that point of yawn-worthy boringness that a lot of folks seem to suffer from (though MPAs are still really boring when they're full).

But none of this will matter come Monday...

personally i've always felt certain aspects of the combat have always been inferior to infinity. however i've come to the conclusion that as someone who played the original pso on dreamcast sega doesnt care what i think. most of the people i know thta still play this game are poor college kids or people that play the game with a toaster.

the_importer_
Aug 28, 2015, 05:46 AM
Hey, I'm just answering a question here. Don't pin this one on me.

Ya, after you baited it.

Lumpen Thingy
Aug 28, 2015, 06:33 AM
Ya, after you baited it.

It's not his fault he keeps trying to talk about a crapcom mmo that looks like dogass......actually after seeing the game....yeah rather play monster hunter or pso over it. As for the base stat reward stuff I rather like having my alts get a nice stat boost to make equipping stuff faster.

KazukiQZ
Aug 28, 2015, 06:40 AM
^And like Perfect Chaos said, it's the 1st time we can actually increase base PP pool.

And my non-satk mag character who play katana BRHU, can actually equip the 13* Xie katana now. But I still need to max 2 more classes, which are Fighter and Bouncer before I can xD

Zorafim
Aug 28, 2015, 08:51 AM
;3287500']I would've tried FFXI 2.0 if it wasn't for the subscription.
That and... I kinda don't want to play a FFXI2.

It stopped resembling FFXI two years ago, after 2.0 shipped. Now it resembles an actual game.
I've always considered it a WoW clone that got rid of all the stuff that made WoW suck, while keeping most of the stuff that makes it great.
But you don't like medieval aesthetics anyway apparently, so you should still have no interest.

It's not his fault he keeps trying to talk about a crapcom mmo that looks like dogass......actually after seeing the game....yeah rather play monster hunter or pso over it.

He offhandedly mentions a game, and half a page of rage occurs? You guys are just looking for an excuse to flame now.

FantasyHeaven
Aug 28, 2015, 09:06 AM
Wait are you actually serious? FF14 is a complete trash wow clone. Why are you even comparing it to this again?
PSO2 is the only "mmo" even remotely worth playing currently.

Zorafim
Aug 28, 2015, 09:13 AM
I don't think I am comparing it to this. Maybe I did, I can't remember. All I'm saying is PSO2 bores me, and FFXIV has provided me with a thousand hours of enjoyment.

edit: I saw a Z in the name and thought that was a quote from me. It's not, so my response doesn't make sense.

[Ayumi]
Aug 28, 2015, 09:29 AM
It stopped resembling FFXI two years ago, after 2.0 shipped. Now it resembles an actual game.
I've always considered it a WoW clone that got rid of all the stuff that made WoW suck, while keeping most of the stuff that makes it great.
But you don't like medieval aesthetics anyway apparently, so you should still have no interest.

He offhandedly mentions a game, and half a page of rage occurs? You guys are just looking for an excuse to flame now.

I guess that's also my fault in a way. I first tried WoW sometime like very early last year and thought the game played like an outdated version of FFXI... while forgetting that WoW probably came out first.

FFXI I mostly liked the year or so I've played it because I had others to play with.. that and I was (just like in PSO2 and other games before) leveling every single job in the game so if I couldn't get a party on one class, I would be able to hop on another to get into the party.

But yeah, as you said... due to the medieval feel of it, I might lose interest in it really quickly either way.

Gama
Aug 28, 2015, 09:31 AM
*grabs popcorn*

this is entertaining

Zorafim
Aug 28, 2015, 10:48 AM
;3287676']I guess that's also my fault in a way. I first tried WoW sometime like very early last year and thought the game played like an outdated version of FFXI... while forgetting that WoW probably came out first.

Wow, really? FFXI was the first MMO (after PSO...which I played offline) I played, and I thought it was really empty. Almost no user input for melee jobs, almost no content besides grinding mobs, no ability to do anything without waiting hours for a party, and even with a party things move slow. WoW felt so much better because I could explore the world myself, and was expected to. Not to mention being more engaging than walking in front of an enemy and waiting for a minute until it dies.
Of course, I joined WoW shortly before Wrath, and quit... about a year or more ago? Whenever I started up FFXIV. The game probably didn't feel as archaic to me comparatively, since I joined earlier in its life. But its age caught up to me after a while.

FFXI I mostly liked the year or so I've played it because I had others to play with..

Ah. Yeah, that does it. Playing any game with friends can be more fun than playing the best game by yourself. I can see myself enjoying FFXI if I had a group for everything.

But yeah, as you said... due to the medieval feel of it, I might lose interest in it really quickly either way.

It's funny how I can't empathize with this. I know on an intellectual level that some people just don't have the same interests as me, and they just don't get the same pleasure out of the same things I do. There should be nothing wrong. But I just can't fathom this on an instinctual level. I want to know, in concrete terms, why you don't like it. But there's no answer, and I can't accept that.

*grabs popcorn*

this is entertaining

And I hate responses like this. Why are arguments so fun to watch?

Anduril
Aug 28, 2015, 11:18 AM
Conflicts of rhetoric and ideology are entertaining and stimulating, thus why we have things like formalized debates. Now, the internet culture has twisted this thanks to our perceived anonymity and "outside looking in" mentality, and people find joy in seeing people, who would otherwise not have such heated words in person, argue beyond what would seem reasonable, especially because often times concession doesn't happen until the peak of frustration. Think of it as causing a sense of schadenfreude in some people.

Zorafim
Aug 28, 2015, 11:27 AM
Conflicts of rhetoric and ideology are entertaining and stimulating, thus why we have things like formalized debates. Now, the internet culture has twisted this thanks to our perceived anonymity and "outside looking in" mentality, and people find joy in seeing people, who would otherwise not have such heated words in person, argue beyond what would seem reasonable, especially because often times concession doesn't happen until the peak of frustration. Think of it as causing a sense of schadenfreude in some people.

https://media.giphy.com/media/srg19CG0cKMuI/giphy.gif

On an unrelated note, we need some fresh information on the original topic. After ten pages, any actual conversation on it has died.
Though I'm surprised nobody has called anyone Hitler yet.

KLMS1
Aug 28, 2015, 01:51 PM
Though I'm surprised nobody has called anyone Hitler yet.

Might as well do that in style (https://www.varusteleka.fi/pictures/14669.jpg)...

[Ayumi]
Aug 29, 2015, 12:06 AM
Wow, really? FFXI was the first MMO (after PSO...which I played offline) I played, and I thought it was really empty. Almost no user input for melee jobs, almost no content besides grinding mobs, no ability to do anything without waiting hours for a party, and even with a party things move slow. WoW felt so much better because I could explore the world myself, and was expected to. Not to mention being more engaging than walking in front of an enemy and waiting for a minute until it dies.
Of course, I joined WoW shortly before Wrath, and quit... about a year or more ago? Whenever I started up FFXIV. The game probably didn't feel as archaic to me comparatively, since I joined earlier in its life. But its age caught up to me after a while.

My online RPG life been mostly Phantasy Star and then gaps between filled with other games while either waiting for another Phantasy Star game or when I need a break from a Phantasy Star game (whether the break was forced or not.)

PSO -> PSO Ver. 2 -> Maplestory (yeah...) -> PSO (all)(GCN) -> FFXI while waiting on PSU -> PSU (PC/PS2) -> Break -> Maplestory/FFXI/Getamped/Getamped2 -> PSU (PC/PS2) -> PSU(360) -> Break -> Getamped2/Dragon Ball Online -> PSU(360) -> PSO2 -> Break -> Darknest/Tera/Aion/Ragnarok/WoW(20 mins)/LoL -> PSO2

As for FFXI, I'm not sure what really made me stay. Probably just the people I've met that I would either play with or talk to. The game did kind of drag on a bit after you get into the higher levels. I could see how the game would've been bad though trying it out earlier in it's age as I don't think it would have been pleasant.

Ah. Yeah, that does it. Playing any game with friends can be more fun than playing the best game by yourself. I can see myself enjoying FFXI if I had a group for everything.

I would also be lying if the certain zones with music (a lot of zones had just ambiance which is horrible when you're in a party early in the morning/late at night... it starts putting you to sleep!!!) was another reason I stuck with the game I guess. Even to this day I would sometimes go back and play some of the FFXI music and almost get the same nostalgic feeling I would get from a Phantasy game.

It's funny how I can't empathize with this. I know on an intellectual level that some people just don't have the same interests as me, and they just don't get the same pleasure out of the same things I do. There should be nothing wrong. But I just can't fathom this on an instinctual level. I want to know, in concrete terms, why you don't like it. But there's no answer, and I can't accept that.

My only guess is probably I've grown real tired to so many titles going down the medieval route.
I can't say I hate everything that is medieval themed, as I can't say dislike something like Legend of Zelda.

It's the same with me and bethesda though. I never was interested/liked The Elder Scrolls games.
I've tried Daggerfall, Morrowind, and Oblivion and never could've gotten past at least an hour on each game.
Now... while I did like Fallout before Fallout 3 with 1 2 and Tactics, what kind of pulled me towards Fallout 3 was that it wasn't anything like TES... and of course because it was Fallout.
That being said though, just being medieval-based or not medieval-based is so simple in my case. Fallout New Vegas... while I did beat it twice, I really didn't enjoy the game all that much. While yes, I beat it two times... I beat Fallout 3 like 18...
BUT! Skyrim? I really liked Skyrm. Shocking right? I got Skyrim because it was dirt cheap for the whole legendary edition. I already planned on getting the Legendary version when it gets cheap as I don't like being biased and just hating on a game just for being medieval. In the end, it was the 1st Elder Scroll I enjoyed. I have no clue what kept me playing Skyrim or why I 100% a whole playthrough, but I do know they must've done something right to keep me going.

Same once again as I wasn't enjoying other medieval-like games like when that Games of throne game came out... Aion when I played it I was enjoying it a bit for it's gunner class, but the medieval feeling made me kind of lost interest to it... even Dragon Age games (1 and 2 only) I bought and tried and never gotten far within them at all... BUT I did play Mass Effect 1 and 2 like, er... I can't count how many hours I put into Mass Effect.
Mass Effect is in it's own category of it's own though. I really liked it because it was sci-fi BUT it also made me get a nostalgic moment as it made me think of PSO.
Anything that reminds me of PSO, chances are I will enjoy it.

Back at the topic of FFXI too, ironically while I don't like medieval-based games all that much... I always liked being part of San d' Oria in FFXI... which is one of the most medieval-based area in the whole game. I don't get it either, if you're wondering.

And I hate responses like this. Why are arguments so fun to watch?

Peop... nevermind someone already answered this better than I could.

silo1991
Aug 29, 2015, 12:24 AM
just a question about these tittles , are the tittles permanent i mean i claim now the ranger and force ones , but can i claimthe hunter figther and other classes years later ? :P

Anduril
Aug 29, 2015, 12:29 AM
just a question about these tittles , are the tittles permanent i mean i claim now the ranger and force ones , but can i claimthe hunter figther and other classes years later ? :P
As far as I know, they don't remove Titles. The unlock requirement is merely "be Lv75 in X class" (according to the s-wiki), so even if the level cap increases you'll still be able to get the bonus once you hit that requirement.

Perfect Chaos
Aug 29, 2015, 03:17 AM
just a question about these tittles , are the tittles permanent i mean i claim now the ranger and force ones , but can i claimthe hunter figther and other classes years later ? :PAnd why would you not claim these level-cap titles immediate as soon as you can? Unless you mean in the case that you don't cap other classes until way later... In that case, who knows. This is a special case, so there's always the chance that SEGA will do something to them when the level-cap gets raised, but as Anduril said, they don't have a history of removing titles.

[Ayumi]
Aug 29, 2015, 09:15 AM
And why would you not claim these level-cap titles immediate as soon as you can? Unless you mean in the case that you don't cap other classes until way later... In that case, who knows. This is a special case, so there's always the chance that SEGA will do something to them when the level-cap gets raised, but as Anduril said, they don't have a history of removing titles.

I've heard they change rewards for titles though.

Anduril
Aug 29, 2015, 10:37 AM
;3287925']I've heard they change rewards for titles though.
They did change them once, but in that case it was to bring some older titles in line with the new ones, like giving ExCubes for NPC partner titles where previously they had given things like Synthesizers. If they were to change these titles, then it would mean that they would have to take the bonus away from those who already have it. Odds are they'll just add new titles with different bonuses if/when they raise the level cap, or some time thereafter.

Perfect Chaos
Aug 29, 2015, 10:46 AM
That was because the old rewards for a bunch of titles were crap, so they changed them to give out better rewards. They also gave people that already claim the old rewards the same items through the Visiphone. AFAIK, nothing was changed for the worse and no one came out behind from the change.

EDIT: Ninja'ed

silo1991
Aug 29, 2015, 01:39 PM
As far as I know, they don't remove Titles. The unlock requirement is merely "be Lv75 in X class" (according to the s-wiki), so even if the level cap increases you'll still be able to get the bonus once you hit that requirement.

thanks , now i know i dont have to rush the leveling up :D