PDA

View Full Version : Grinder stacks...

Squal_FFVIII
Aug 26, 2015, 05:39 PM
What to do with them? I have like over 20 stacks of 999 grinders. No one ever buys em from my shop.

Can I do something productive with them?

Agastya
Aug 26, 2015, 05:43 PM
may as well npc them at this point

once we all get tired of waiting and npc all our grinders sega will finally add converting regular grinders to lambda grinders in a surprise update

Evangelion X.XX
Aug 26, 2015, 05:44 PM
Same here.

I'm afraid of getting rid of them because what if Sega decides that we can exchange grinders for something else... like maybe Lambda Grinders in the future or something.

Squal_FFVIII
Aug 26, 2015, 05:48 PM
yeah knowing sega they will do some shit like that.

But I guess ill NPC them for now...by the time the "surprise" update comes I should have another 10 stacks lol.

I always run the Magatsu eqs =P

Mildora
Aug 26, 2015, 05:49 PM
How much are grinders @ NPC?

KazukiQZ
Aug 26, 2015, 05:50 PM
1 stack of 999 grinders gives you 300k+, so not a bad deal (but yeah, really limited usage for them atm)

Cyber Meteor
Aug 26, 2015, 05:51 PM
1 grinder is 400 meseta if you sell at npc, so 1000 grinder is 400k, x20 = 8 Mil :D

KLMS1
Aug 26, 2015, 05:51 PM
Same here.

I'm afraid of getting rid of them because what if Sega decides that we can exchange grinders for something else... like maybe Lambda Grinders in the future or something.

goofy pls. Those things drop at rates that make them something of an inventory nuisance; just vendor your 999 stacks into mesetas and do something useful* with the money. XQs in particular produce fairly little else actually worthwhile loot.

*like dressing up ur waifus

Squal_FFVIII
Aug 26, 2015, 06:04 PM
Ill turn them into Noel Vermilion's hair for one of my chars :)

[Ayumi]
Aug 26, 2015, 07:28 PM
The most I can see is they make it like 300 grinders for 1 lambda or something knowing them.
If that's the case, it's better to not bother and just NPC them.

Evangelion X.XX
Aug 27, 2015, 04:15 PM
@ klms1

Dumbass, pls.

not everyone has storage issues, so they can choose to hang onto them if they want, now run along pleb.

Flaoc
Aug 27, 2015, 04:16 PM
Dumbass, pls.

not everyone has storage issues, so they can choose to hang onto them if they want, now run along pleb.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8EMndSFFMk

KLMS1
Aug 27, 2015, 04:19 PM
@ klms1

Dumbass, pls.

*le shrug* Sit on them all you want, that doesn't make them any more useful or worth hoarding. :|

Zakattacks
Aug 27, 2015, 04:21 PM
I was wondering why my grinders weren't selling in the shop. I've only just now realized that they aren't selling because everyone else has so many too. Lets just hope Sega doesn't see this and decide to up the amount of grinders it takes to grind an item, yeah?

Anduril
Aug 27, 2015, 05:45 PM
I was wondering why my grinders weren't selling in the shop. I've only just now realized that they aren't selling because everyone else has so many too. Lets just hope Sega doesn't see this and decide to up the amount of grinders it takes to grind an item, yeah?
Them reducing the amount of grinders needed to grind items is one of the reasons stacks just aren't moving, on top of them practically giving them out; whereas you get 5 in a FUN scratch now, you used to only get 1. Now, I'm not saying they need to increase the number of grinders needed again, but *old man voice* I remember when I first got premium, I could put 10 grinders up on the market and get a semi-decent amount of meseta.

Squal_FFVIII
Aug 27, 2015, 06:41 PM
I remember when grinders were 15K a piece :)

Yup I been on this game for that long :3

Evangelion X.XX
Aug 28, 2015, 02:15 AM
*le shrug* Sit on them all you want, that doesn't make them any more useful or worth hoarding. :|

What are you, psychic, clairvoyant?

Can you read Sakai's mind or know what's going to happen in the future regarding PSO2? If you do, please enlighten all of us.

Vatallus
Aug 28, 2015, 02:29 AM
Some of you have obvious issues.

Anyway since I have prem I just shove my extra stacks into team storage for players that don't play as much as me and also have prem. Or later I can pull them all back out if they make a decent grinder trade.

I mean team storage is a extra 50 - 200 slots. I might as well shove something in there since its my team and I'm the only one that seems to use it.

LunaSolstice
Aug 28, 2015, 03:00 AM
Grinders are only good for npc food,when I have nothing to grind at least lol

Evangelion X.XX
Aug 28, 2015, 03:09 AM
^Dude, with logic of that statement I can say:

"Lambda Grinders are only good for npc food, when I have no 13*s to grind at least lol".

Mildora
Aug 28, 2015, 03:29 AM
After someone answered my question I told myself I wasn't gonna NPC mines due to the amount I have but turns out I've got just as much as the OP.

I'm gonna tell you how I feel coming from someone who's in the same situation. I feel like if I keep them I won't have to worry about grinders. I won't have to worry about paying that extra amount when grinding anything below 13* but at the same time I feel like i'm at a certain point in the game where grinding anything below 13* shouldn't even be a thing. I'm just a filthy casual. I Honestly don't believe they'll do anything special with these grinders but that's how I feel.

Meseta is more important than the obtaining of lambda grinders in the process of grinding 13* though.

Rakurai
Aug 28, 2015, 03:31 AM
Being to exchange 100 grinders for a lambda grinder would be nice.

KLMS1
Aug 28, 2015, 04:25 AM
What are you, psychic, clairvoyant?

Can you read Sakai's mind or know what's going to happen in the future regarding PSO2? If you do, please enlighten all of us.

If that's the logic by which you're gonna hoard shitloads of the things instead of converting them into something useful, knock yourself out.

Seems plenty pointless given the rate at which they accumulate though.

(inb4 Evangel is a crazy survivalist who hoards tons of food tins "just in case")

Evangelion X.XX
Aug 28, 2015, 04:43 AM
^Dude, you still haven't enlightened us.

It seems you know what's in store for us in the future for PSO2; come on, MR. Clairvoyant.

KLMS1
Aug 28, 2015, 04:50 AM
You don't need to be Nostradamus reborn to realise hoarding OVER 9000 Grinders in the off chance they *might* one day become tradable for... ~something~... or ~that other thing~... likely isn't worthwhile use of the storage space.

Well. At least you shouldn't have to be. OCD packrat much?

Evangelion X.XX
Aug 28, 2015, 04:53 AM
Would you bet your life on it?

KLMS1
Aug 28, 2015, 05:06 AM
Not big on betting in general. Also wasn't aware loads and loads of Grinders were the key to immortality. o3o

Evangelion X.XX
Aug 28, 2015, 05:09 AM
^What does immortality has to do with anything?

KLMS1
Aug 28, 2015, 05:10 AM
You seemed to imply mystical life-sustaining properties to these virtual goods. :|

Evangelion X.XX
Aug 28, 2015, 05:16 AM
How does my statements imply "mystical life-sustaining properties" to these grinders?

I'm asking if YOU were clairvoyant?

And since you seem so sure about the future of grinders, I asked if you were willing to bet your life on it.

In other words, immortality or whatever you stated does not follow.

I, for one, am not so sure about the future so I'm hanging on to them; I have no storage issues nor am in need of meseta.

Totori
Aug 28, 2015, 05:28 AM
It's all player choice, no need making multiple post getting nowhere in the topic about such an issue. If you want to hold onto them, then do so.

Evangelion X.XX
Aug 28, 2015, 05:30 AM
^Well said, Totori, well said: I concur.

I am finished with this issue.

KLMS1
Aug 28, 2015, 05:33 AM
I am familiar with the expression "betting your life on it"; invoking it merely appeared rather absurd in the context, so I opted to take it literally and run with it for idle entertainement.
Sheesh.
Try to keep up, dude.

More on topic, I do not recall ever claiming *certain knowledge* concerning the future importance of EKSBAWKS HUEG stacks of Grinders or lack thereof; merely that the latter seems far more likely than the former, and they certainly have preciously little use and even less intrinsic worth NOW.

If you're swimming in meseta and have storage space to waste, well, good for you; it would behoove you to restrain your solipsism enough to consider that this may not be the case for *everyone else*, for whom it is duly far more sensible to convert these idle piles into a form that is both far more immediately useful and takes up no space at all.
In agrarian societies known as "vendoring that shit".

Evangelion X.XX
Aug 28, 2015, 05:37 AM
^Nothing more needs to be said; let's just part ways and wish each other well.

And I honestly wish you well.

Good day to you, and happy playing.

[Ayumi]
Aug 28, 2015, 09:30 AM
^Dude, with logic of that statement I can say:

"Lambda Grinders are only good for npc food, when I have no 13*s to grind at least lol".

Not even close, as grinders you can get 20 of them in one run while Lambda you can get 20 in... well not even in a week, unless you have 2 characters... then you can get 22.

Evangelion X.XX
Aug 28, 2015, 09:41 AM
^Do you not realize that the statement means: if I don't have a use for it at the moment, then it's devoid of use, like ever?

Edit:

Nvm. You win. I don't want to argue.

reaper527
Aug 28, 2015, 12:43 PM
i was really hoping that i'd see a useful answer in here with some cool idea i didn't know was possible. looks like npc shop is the best option now that nobody is buying on player shops anymore.

i remember when i used to be able to put up a stack and the entire thing would be gone in < 15 minutes. now i've had a stack up since before the last boost week (and the only reason i'm not pulling it and npc'ing it is because i don't have an active shop pass running atm, so the extra slot it would free up doesn't benefit me any).