PDA

View Full Version : AC Pricing Arks-Layer vs PSO2es

TheDerpySupport
Aug 26, 2015, 07:01 PM
No this is not a hate thread. Please continue reading before posting.

So as a person who has never bought AC before yesterday(Technically been playing PSO2 since beta.) I never payed attention to who I should buy AC from or how for that matter... Well~ Lets get into money talk!

While Arks-Layer has provided much beloved content for the English PSO2 player-base such as Tweaker, English patches, guides to installing and registering for PSO2...Their AC prices are a tad over-priced. Why? Because they're taking the risk of buying AC for you guys and giving you codes for your AC. This pricing also helps pay for their servers to keep everything up.
Pros: Supporting amazing people and helping them help you.
Cons: AC is a little pricey to buy.

PSO2es...hm...this hasn't really done much for players except be able to play a form of PSO2 while on the go. Buying AC through PSO2es is relatively easy and cheaper than Arks-Layer however it comes at a greater risk.
Permanent ban of your account if you're caught.

Pricing difference between the two:
Arks-Layer: $15 USD/1000AC
PSO2es: $X.89 USD/1000AC (X'd out just to you know...)

What are your opinions on who you would rather buy from? Why do you think they should get your business?

Personally I bought AC through PSO2es because I didn't have $27 to buy more AC than I wanted through Arks-Layer when I only needed 1300AC. If I had a consistent income I would be more than obliged to spend a little more to support Arks-Layer. If Arks-Layer could get more options for amounts to buy that would be more helpful aswell. If I recall PSO2es offers 100AC, 500AC, 1000AC, and 2000AC options.

Sirius-91
Aug 26, 2015, 07:18 PM
No this is not a hate thread. Please continue reading before posting.

Awww *puts pitchfork shaming stuff away*

If I recall PSO2es offers 100AC, 500AC, 1000AC, and 2000AC options.

And 5000AC, 10000AC options too!

the_importer_
Aug 26, 2015, 07:35 PM
My biggest reason for using ES, I don't have to deal with entering a code on the Japanese website and dealing with the fucking captcha boss every time. I donated twice to both Ark Layer and psumods.co.uk for their hard work, it's much better for all of us that way.

As for getting caught because I use ES, considering the huge amount of AC I bought (I'm seriously afraid to count on my Google Wallet), SEGA would be insane to ban me just for the sake of principals, especially since I mostly play solo during non-EQs and don't bother anyone.

Rupikachu
Aug 26, 2015, 07:58 PM
Permanent ban of your account if you're caught.

Aren't you in risk of getting banned for using webmoney anyway? In the end it's probably worse since you're using a fake address/name/etc, where on google purchases google knows who is really paying.

Courina
Aug 26, 2015, 08:07 PM
Aren't you in risk of getting banned for using webmoney anyway? In the end it's probably worse since you're using a fake address/name/etc, where on google purchases google knows who is really paying.

they still require you to fill the japanese info field first to buy using pso2es ? i thought that for web purchase only.

TheDerpySupport
Aug 26, 2015, 08:18 PM
they still require you to fill the japanese info field first to buy using pso2es ? i thought that for web purchase only.

No they don't you just cant use non-jp cards; google wallet only(from what ive used)