PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 PSO2Launcher.exe in Full English

mmsp15
Aug 26, 2015, 11:55 PM
I had figured since sega was lazy and not everyone uses the tweaker as they still use the original launcher I would finish what sega started but never finished as far as I could through regular resource editing. This is the current loader just with the original images and text replaced and reworked... no more horrible translations from the Japanese team relaid out some of the dialogs that I could aswell without breaking anything and removed the Japanese images to make the EXE a little bit smaller aswell.

Download - http://1drv.ms/1i3wzKH (http://1drv.ms/1i3wzKH)

http://i1368.photobucket.com/albums/ag167/mmsp15/enlauncher_zpsorfp66ro.jpg

Squal_FFVIII
Aug 27, 2015, 12:00 AM
How do we install this?

mmsp15
Aug 27, 2015, 12:02 AM
its just the pso2launcher.exe file... just I renamed and edited its resources so you just stick it in pso2 folder and launch it instead of normal pso2launcher.exe... after extracting from the 7z of course

mmsp15
Aug 27, 2015, 12:15 AM
Nevermind on using this... it worked fine before sega went and change all kindsd of things apparently now it wants to do a file check every time using edited loader so until I can figure out don't use

Shadowth117
Aug 27, 2015, 12:23 AM
That's the problem; they update this launcher pretty often. So you'd basically have to reinsert your edits every time they change it.

mmsp15
Aug 27, 2015, 12:26 AM
this was the first update to it in many many months however. the edits are easy to put back into it as I just reimport the res files I exported from the first one I did and check to make sure it doesn't break the exe... it just kept seeming to want to dl 1 file each time on opening and do a file check every time... unless it was due to some other thing.

[Ayumi]
Aug 27, 2015, 01:05 AM
I'm pretty sure I've seen that launcher somewhere before.
I don't know where though, but like last year or something...

Also, the news is still in Japanese. >_>

Shadowth117
Aug 27, 2015, 01:08 AM
It pulls the news stuff from online so he'd have to redirect where it pulls from and translate what its trying to pull etc. etc. So basically you're asking for a bit much.

As for the launcher issue, if you did it with the most recent launcher and it still gave you trouble than it might be seeing a different size on the launcher and trying to fix that. You might be able to just make the image files the same size as the originals or something, but that sounds like a pain.

mmsp15
Aug 27, 2015, 01:40 PM
I think it was due to the most recent issue with the EN patch... I haven't retested yet without the patch but will soon, there was a translated launcher long ago I remember but I think also that it was someone else's whole redoing of the original not the editing of the original. I have redone all of the text and images myself so none of the images are just touchups to remove the JP part and slap EN on top

mmsp15
Aug 27, 2015, 07:28 PM
NM loader isint what causes the file check it was indeed the EN patch causing it to check... forgot I had installed it :p... it works as intended and will work with en once ever its figured out what happened between it and the original loader with the most recent patch :)

Dammy
Aug 28, 2015, 02:44 AM
@ AIDA thats a sad news for us
but tbh they are right and doing correct thing, its actually surprising how we were changing game files and were able to play

@ TS
why not just switch launcher options language to english? it translate most things decently, i think only startup buttons are JP, i think its still okay if "START GAME" written in japanese

mmsp15
Sep 8, 2015, 11:54 PM
I had mainly done it earlier cause I was bored tbh :p... did before sega had made it complain about the en patch so it worked fine with it before

I still liked using the original loader for settings and stuff like that tho used tweaker for launching so as I said I got bored and saw it and said.. why not :)