PDA

View Full Version : Bans in PSO2?

Lleniel
Aug 27, 2015, 06:41 PM
This is probably an old topic.

I know from a long time that as english players we could get banned at any time just for that, being english. I also understand that SEGA doesn't exactly mind us using the servers so long as we don't cause trouble else we would have been all banned a long time ago.

I'm writing this post just to clear some doubts at a bit of a late night time so please bear with me here if it all sounds a bit rushed...

I'm on Ship 02 btw.

Basically I was playing around on PSO2, on b11 around 30mins ago and I happened to switch to b17 and I witness a player treating another player like he was trash, the trash talking got out of hand to the point this player menaces of "getting JP friends to take care of him". I normally stay quiet and mind my own business but this person(?) already had one such fight with another acquaintance of my own from a PSO2 stream on twitch and I remember him causing trouble every time I've seen him talking.

I'm just curious, how possible would it be to report someone as an english player? Is it possible? I know Ship02 isn't the best community out there at times but I never once saw a player mistreating people as bad as this in a PvE focused game.

Would provide a pic but can't since I'm kinda new here the website doesn't allow me...
Thanks for the attention.

PS: I didn't know what section to put this into...

Anduril
Aug 27, 2015, 06:44 PM
Flood gates. Escalation.

Just blacklist him and have your friends do the same.

strikerhunter
Aug 27, 2015, 06:56 PM
Jackasses will be jackasses and such threats like him telling his "JP friend reporting you" shouldn't be taken serious. (which is rather a lowblow cowardly move when it comes to an argument imo)

Simple blacklist and you'll save yourself time.

Even if said person does report; if "x" person is clean besides the ToS saying no foreigners, you should be fine. Chances are slim unless you've done goof in the past or Sega just starts doing bans left-n-right.

Vatallus
Aug 27, 2015, 07:58 PM
lol reminds me of some person on ship 9 that threatened to get "his japanese friends" to report me because "I am a terrible person and treat other people poorly."

Glad that person jump shipped to ship 10 when none of the english teams would have him.

Just blacklist them.

Gama
Aug 27, 2015, 08:31 PM
lol reminds me of some person on ship 9 that threatened to get "his japanese friends" to report me because "I am a terrible person and treat other people poorly."

Glad that person jump shipped to ship 10 when none of the english teams would have him.

Just blacklist them.

you are a terrible person tho.

not really i just felt like saying it tho.

Crimekiwi
Aug 28, 2015, 09:53 AM
I think I saw the same thing.
I just remember in those instances that somebody that lame will inevitably end up solo playing eventually anyway. Who could stand that kind of personality?

Zorafim
Aug 28, 2015, 10:54 AM
That's a good thing to remember. People who act like that are just hurting themselves. There's no reason to worry over them. They're pieces of trash not worth your time or concern. Blacklist them, and your life will be a better place. Theirs will just keep getting worse.

As for worrying about being banned for being an english speaker... don't. Very few of us have been banned, and those that have are often for good reasons. Spamming sexual art, or otherwise being disruptive, can lead you to being banned. But this is true for any player.
The only time you should worry about being unfairly banned is if someone makes it look like you've been hacking. There were a few unfair bans a while back when hackers were having fun teleporting people. The people teleported were suspected, and had no way of defending their case.

Vintasticvin
Aug 28, 2015, 11:18 AM
Just Blist his ass and move on its so simple even a cave man can do it

Zorafim
Aug 28, 2015, 11:44 AM

Hey!

That's racist.

Sumimi
Aug 28, 2015, 11:49 AM
I guess I'll be staying on ship 9 than, hearing about the people on 2.

People on 9 are quiet :)

Maybe it's because I don't party with other people that often.

Vatallus
Aug 28, 2015, 11:54 AM

Just blacklist them.

YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF... wait a minute...

Poyonche
Aug 28, 2015, 12:04 PM

I am racist and I find that cave man.

kuromechan
Aug 28, 2015, 01:17 PM
just blist the kid and be done with it rather than spend time talking about his foolishness

wefwq
Aug 29, 2015, 12:02 PM
You can pretty much get temporarily banned by spamming curse/harassing other player, etc, but when only people report it, and since almost no one going to bother you'll rarely see people get banned for it.
Usually people would just put those kiddos on their blacklist and then move on.

sol_trigger
Aug 30, 2015, 09:31 PM
just spam umadbro at him, so simple