PDA

View Full Version : Matter Board and Story Line Streamline?

Sasuga
Aug 27, 2015, 09:59 PM
does anyone have a reference or guide on what decisions and such to move forward in the story? I'm getting back into the game and catching up on the MB now that its all translated and enjoyable and stuff.

BUT, if you make the wrong decisions or certain things you waste a lot of time in repeats.
so please, anyone know at least the way thru all the story for Ep1 and 2?

i'll work ep3 out myself cuz that means i'm sorta caught up.

Shadowth117
Aug 27, 2015, 10:05 PM
The only notable choices are either highlighted when you do the story mission they're involved in or involve doing an older mission. There's no getting stuck with it really. The biggest things that can get you stuck are not having a support partner before the mothership story quest and not going back to reclear the hunar mission. Ep3 doesn't even have any mission returning so there's that though.

You can check this about all of that really: http://pso2.swiki.jp/

Just pop in google translate on the story pages and it'll explain everything decent enough. There's nothing too crazy. Its not like a VN where you can destroy progression.

Sasuga
Aug 27, 2015, 10:12 PM
sigh, like just now.
killed a vol, picked "he looks angry"
killed him again, picked "he looks like he's crying"
no change in story or matter board...
i'm just wasting time right now

Sasuga
Aug 27, 2015, 10:14 PM
not getting a support partner before when?
i dont even know what a support partner is. let alone how to get one

and hunar mission? is it missable or something?

Shadowth117
Aug 27, 2015, 10:24 PM
You have to go a different path in the mission sometimes for it to change. I can see you're still very early on. Like I said, nothing that can destroy progression and you can't miss anything aside from dialogue from time to time from picking one choice over the other (although its rarely significant), but there are points where it may not be super clear where to go next.

You need a support partner, which you get from a coffee co, customize in the Este, and finally get when going to your room, for one of the very late story missions in episode 2, but that's probably the most random thing you'll need to progress in the story out of everything. Everything else pretty much relies on matter boards and other story quests as far as story quests go.

But you're really early on anyways so it'll be a while before you even have to deal with a lot of that.

Sasuga
Aug 27, 2015, 10:28 PM
i put all the story stuff aside, cuz it wasnt translated and i couldnt enjoy it
also, it never gave you anything good (tons of busy work for garbage)
BUT that has changed

the support partner thing is weird... they already have partner cards
and a mini-.... whatever that thing is, is creepier

IronKrone
Aug 27, 2015, 10:31 PM
The only time a choice leads to different outcome is when you have to choose a path.

For most part, choosing which answer to give doesn't affect the outcome much.

For example, Ep 1 ch 1 has three different outcomes depending on which path you choose.
One: go straight to Zeno and Echo (ep 0)
Two: go right to save Matoi.
Three: go left to run into Persona and Gettemhart.

You shouldn't have any problem as long as you remember which path you took previously. I played the story quest when I just started PSO2 and I never had any problem with it.

Support partner is needed in MB 2-4 (?) or so. You should be able to get a CO from Koffie at lvl 20 to get one.

The hunar one takes place in 1-8 and it has three different paths. You unlock the fourth path when you clear 2-2 (?), I believe.

Sasuga
Aug 27, 2015, 10:47 PM
kk, i'm on 1-6 currently, just did the vol saving

yeah, i think i was confused because i did some of this years ago.
i'm a bit overwhelmed by how much content is now out...

do they ever explain how and why you can just... warp time and try again?
or did i miss that when i started the story while it was untranslated?

Punisher106
Aug 27, 2015, 11:36 PM
To get the alternate story in the Volcanic Caves, in the first area, you need to just kill the darkers. Do that, and you should be good.

IronKrone
Aug 27, 2015, 11:44 PM
do they ever explain how and why you can just... warp time and try again?
or did i miss that when i started the story while it was untranslated?
Hm, I can't remember if they say it explicitly... But Xion is basically giving you the ability to warp time when she gives you the MB. You follow the MB and gain information by interacting with people/witnessing events you'd normally miss. Then you travel back in time through Xion and fix whatever is necessary, based on what you learned from MB events.

So the time traveling power is not your own.. though the MC is not a normal Arks either. :wacko:

Sasuga
Aug 27, 2015, 11:55 PM
interesting, wonder if that will factor in the anime
i mean, they already have a great story with all the stuff going in.
no need to complicate things with parallel existances and shrodinger-eske paradoxes

LonelyGaruga
Aug 28, 2015, 12:04 AM
The anime is just a bunch of high school students playing PSO2.