PDA

View Full Version : Still having problems with windows 10

RobertLTF
Aug 30, 2015, 09:37 PM
Im still getting the crash for pso2 with windows 10, after exactly 15 minutes, it crashes to desktop, no error or anything, just closes without warning. im running an intel i5 3.2ghz, Nvidia GTX geForce 660, 6GB of ram, i have few things installed, just my graphics drivers from Geforce and some other stuff like osu, my wacom tablet driver, steam, google chrome, razer synapse. has anyone found a fix for this yet?

elryan
Aug 30, 2015, 11:09 PM
Reformat your PC.

Squal_FFVIII
Aug 30, 2015, 11:13 PM
Time to go back to 7!

Windows 10 is "free" but you pay for it with your privacy lol.

the_importer_
Aug 30, 2015, 11:56 PM
Im still getting the crash for pso2 with windows 10, after exactly 15 minutes, it crashes to desktop, no error or anything, just closes without warning. im running an intel i5 3.2ghz, Nvidia GTX geForce 660, 6GB of ram, i have few things installed, just my graphics drivers from Geforce and some other stuff like osu, my wacom tablet driver, steam, google chrome, razer synapse. has anyone found a fix for this yet?

Do clean install, OS upgrades will do some weird shit.

RobertLTF
Aug 30, 2015, 11:59 PM
i did a clean instal, twice, maybe if i do it a third time, ill do that again tomorrow and re instal all my programs and drivers 1 by 1 and see what fucks it up and come back with the results

TaigaUC
Aug 31, 2015, 12:00 AM
Linked to me from a friend:
https://fix10.isleaked.com/

No idea if it will help.

elryan
Aug 31, 2015, 12:21 AM
Time to go back to 7!

Windows 10 is "free" but you pay for it with your privacy lol.

Jesus I'm fucking sick of people saying this FUD shit everywhere.

You're saying that as if Windows 7 doesn't spy on you all these years.

Guess what? Windows 7 / 8 does ALL the spying things that Windows 10 does, except that they do it secretly. Windows 10 is just more transparent on what they're doing to your data.

If you're concerned on your privacy, go fucking install Linux or something.

EDIT: Windows 10 is NOT free. Windows 10 is free if you have activated Windows 7 / 8 key for a span period of 1 year. Windows 10 costs you $200 for Pro and $100 for Home.

Silver Crow
Aug 31, 2015, 03:54 AM
It's absolutely nothing to do with doing clean installs because I've tried that literally 5 times now. PSO2 just crashes after 15 minutes without an error, I'm guessing it's to do with Gameguard or drivers. I just went back to Windows 8.1 and it works again.

Squal_FFVIII
Aug 31, 2015, 11:31 AM
Linked to me from a friend:
https://fix10.isleaked.com/

No idea if it will help.

Wow, you have to do all that bullshit just to make it "yours". Holy fuck.

That said, that's a very informative link for those who want some privacy back. I was reading on techreport.com that some people have reported "gigs" worth of data being "extracted" from their PC's.

That's crazy and creepy as hell.

Though I am fully aware of the older OS's "spying" but they are no where near as bad as 10. Does that make it right? Hell no, but atleast those older OS's don't "download" (or upload? w/e) gigs of data onto the MS servers.

This means that all of your hentai and ecchi anime pictures that you guys love fapping to are falling into MS hands :O

HentaiLolicon
Aug 31, 2015, 11:40 AM
This means that all of your hentai and ecchi anime pictures that you guys love fapping to are falling into MS hands :O

They need fap materials too, sharing is caring :-D, btw, "pirated" win7 here, have no intention to upgrade to win10.

Gama
Aug 31, 2015, 12:55 PM

hun it is probably something non vanilla interfeering with pso2.

you should troubleshoot the game not the os.

maybe somehting in the game is fucked up.

anyway if you need help lemme know or send me your skype or something, might be able to help.

RobertLTF
Aug 31, 2015, 08:09 PM
if it helps also, im running a dual boot partition, with windows 10, and 8.1, pso2 is fine on 8.1, but on windows 10 it has the issues, and the pso2 files are on a hard drive separate from both partitions where i keep all my games, so the files for pso2 are the same for both versions of windows

Gama
Sep 1, 2015, 02:48 AM
using second party av?

RobertLTF
Sep 1, 2015, 03:57 PM
just did a clean install, no programs installed except what is there by default, and using no english pacthes. still crashed after 15 minutes

MegaMettaurX
Sep 1, 2015, 03:58 PM
I can't even get Windows 10 to install. Gonna pass on it.

Spirafall
Sep 1, 2015, 04:06 PM
Try disabling TapTip.exe (Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel) from the task manager everytime before starting PSO2.

dejixal
Sep 1, 2015, 04:50 PM

Unplug your wacom tablet and it shouldn't crash. If you don't have your tablet actually connected, then you might have to uninstall the driver.

HopelessHero
Sep 1, 2015, 05:11 PM
Perhaps it's just me, but Win10 really took a shit on my PSO2 frames as well.
And system speed as a whole, actually, but the PSO2 frames are unforgivable. >:I

Gama
Sep 2, 2015, 11:48 PM
after recieving an update for nvidia driver, the game started crashing, so its the gfx driver, anyway, uninstaled the 3d vision driver and the game didnt crash yet.

Eternal255
Sep 3, 2015, 11:36 AM
I've been running windows 10 on this computer since release and playing pso2 no problem. your problem is likely something else....

graphics drivers perhaps? only thing i can think of as this laptop doesnt have a graphics card aside from the nvidia on board one.

have you done a clean install of pso2 (ie, redownload everything from scratch?)

Gama
Sep 3, 2015, 01:28 PM
i also disabled the tablet input service, you could make a .bat script shortcut that disables it when you run pso2.

i use one so i can turn pso tweaker+logitechprofiler+mod tool

sc config "TabletInputService" start= disabled
sc stop "TabletInputService"

think its something like this.

if you use a wacom tab just make another script with start.

RobertLTF
Sep 3, 2015, 04:16 PM
i would normally have no problem unpluggin my tablet, but the thing is, if that really is the case of it being the tablets fault, i need the wacom drivers to have the tablet reckognized so i can play osu, but the thing is, if i unplug it and then plug it back in, i have to reboot the whole system for the wacom drivers to pick it up again.... any way around that problem?

FacelessRed
Sep 3, 2015, 04:29 PM
Unplug your wacom tablet and it shouldn't crash. If you don't have your tablet actually connected, then you might have to uninstall the driver.

*has wacom tablet*
*already reinstalling the whole game*

...urgh. If that's the reason I'm gonna be pissed.

Edit:

Downloads 25 gigs, begin installing, and then error... corrupt file... (life flashes before eyes) (cough)(blood flies out)

Gama
Sep 3, 2015, 04:56 PM
just start the service. ill do some troubleshooting and let you know , have a wacom tab myself.

RobertLTF
Sep 3, 2015, 05:56 PM
ok, so i just tried it with my wacom tablet unplugged, and it worked, installing all my usual stuff and then trying again to make sure. also i had no trouble with unplugging and plugging the tablet back in, so my earlier complaint is void

FacelessRed
Sep 3, 2015, 06:11 PM
ok, so i just tried it with my wacom tablet unplugged, and it worked, installing all my usual stuff and then trying again to make sure. also i had no trouble with unplugging and plugging the tablet back in, so my earlier complaint is void

Good, I'm happy for you.

Me on the other hand... I'm in re-installation hell. Can't get tweaker to change my gfx settings. Opened the default launcher. FILE CHECK HUZZAH.

RobertLTF
Sep 3, 2015, 06:30 PM
in im install hell, that point when you re installed your OS, and now you have to re install all those programs you had, all over again..., once thats done, i can unplug my tablet, launch pso2, and pray

RobertLTF
Sep 3, 2015, 08:14 PM
good news, pso2 works perfectly with the tablet unplugged

Gama
Sep 4, 2015, 12:04 AM
created a bat file for myself it launches my pso2 apps and disables/enables the tabletinput service.

Code:
[SPOILER-BOX]echo off

echo.
echo This app Launches:
echo.
echo *Pso2 Tweaker
echo *Logitech Profiler
echo *Arks Mod Tool
echo *Disables/Enables the TabletInputService for Windows 10.
echo (The Service forcequits the game for some users)
echo.
echo.
echo After you finish playing, just press enter to enable the service again.
echo.

Pause

echo.
echo Such Program Much Easy Wow.
echo.

cd "D:\Pso2\pso2_bin"
start Pso2Tweaker.exe

cd "C:\Program Files\Logitech\Gaming Software"
start LWEMon.exe

cd "D:\Pso2\Arks Mod Tool v1.0 64-bit"
start ArksModTool.exe

echo.
echo Press Enter to Enable TabletInputService.
echo.

Pause

sc config "TabletInputService" start= auto
sc start "TabletInputService"

Pause[/SPOILER-BOX]

youd need to change the directories in the text for it to work for you, but the services are the same so you can use this part of the code to disable and enable the service.

[SPOILER-BOX]sc config "TabletInputService" start= disabled
echo.
echo Press Enter to Enable TabletInputService.
echo.

Pause

sc config "TabletInputService" start= auto
sc start "TabletInputService"

Pause[/SPOILER-BOX]

you need to run it as admin for it to work.

if someone needs it i can convert it into a exe file.

Silver Crow
Sep 4, 2015, 11:15 AM
i also disabled the tablet input service, you could make a .bat script shortcut that disables it when you run pso2.

i use one so i can turn pso tweaker+logitechprofiler+mod tool

think its something like this.

if you use a wacom tab just make another script with start.

MOFO*ING GENIUS

Just re-installed Windows 10, and disabling TabletInputService makes it work perfectly. In fact, it works better than Windows 8.1 now.

Know that I love you

Gama
Sep 4, 2015, 02:39 PM
i can build a simple exe file so you can pin it on the taskbar and have it set to run as admin automatically.

disabling and enabling services requires admin rights.

i can also build custom exe files if you want a all in one launcher thingi, youll have to link me the exe path and name tho. or it will not work for you.

wouldnt it be fucking tedious to manually disable and enable the service? geez i wasnt going to put up with that.

RobertLTF
Sep 4, 2015, 02:48 PM
for now im just unplugging and plugging my tablet back in as i need to, it seems to work ok for the time being. my question is... WHY IN THE HELL IS THE TABLET CAUSING PSO2 TO CRASH?!?!?!?!

Silver Crow
Sep 4, 2015, 02:56 PM
for now im just unplugging and plugging my tablet back in as i need to, it seems to work ok for the time being. my question is... WHY IN THE HELL IS THE TABLET CAUSING PSO2 TO CRASH?!?!?!?!

Beggars can't be choosers, just appreciate that it friggin works now. I know I do

RobertLTF
Sep 4, 2015, 04:29 PM
indeed

Silver Crow
Sep 4, 2015, 05:48 PM
Just to make sure the TabletInputService was the legit cause of the crashing, I played with it on and surprise surprise, crashed after 15 mins. Disabling it got PSO2 working perfectly again. I have no idea how Gama worked out it was that specific service, just so happy right now. Couldn't stand playing on 8.1 and I had to upgrade with or without PSO2 in the end. Glad I could have both worlds now

GHNeko
Sep 4, 2015, 06:08 PM
Jesus I'm fucking sick of people saying this FUD shit everywhere.

You're saying that as if Windows 7 doesn't spy on you all these years.

Guess what? Windows 7 / 8 does ALL the spying things that Windows 10 does, except that they do it secretly. Windows 10 is just more transparent on what they're doing to your data.

If you're concerned on your privacy, go fucking install Linux or something.

[citation needed]

jooozek
Sep 5, 2015, 04:50 AM
[citation needed]

its actually true :wacko: (http://www.pcworld.com/article/2978239/windows/microsoft-slips-user-tracking-tools-into-windows-7-8-amidst-windows-10-privacy-storm.html)

Gama
Sep 5, 2015, 08:36 AM
ive been tweaking windows 10 for a couple of hours. so much crap i need to turn off.