PDA

View Full Version : So, Extended Maintenance tomorrow 14:00 EDT, what will you be doing...

the_importer_
Aug 31, 2015, 09:38 AM
After getting back from work/school, what will you do with no PSO2?

Asuka~
Aug 31, 2015, 09:39 AM
Catching up on anime. =w=

Vatallus
Aug 31, 2015, 09:42 AM
Eating, sleeping, maybe going outside. Probably just watching videos and playing Armored Warfare.

Poyonche
Aug 31, 2015, 09:55 AM
Doing my first homeworks because school is starting tomorrow. :(

Evangelion X.XX
Aug 31, 2015, 10:05 AM
There is a book I would like to read by Antoine de Saint-Exupery titled, "Flight to Arras," that I have, and haven't gotten the chance yet. I've read his other works such as, "Wind, Sand and Stars," "The Little Prince," and "Night Flight.

Sooner or later though, I'm going to have to limit my pso2 time and read Dostevsky's "Demons." I have had the book for a year and a half now but never gotten to it; totally lagging. Reading all of Doestevsky's books is one of my life's goals; he's such profound and wise author/philosopher, and his greatest work will always be to me, "The Brothers Karamazov."

The Walrus
Aug 31, 2015, 10:17 AM
Play something better as usual

HentaiLolicon
Aug 31, 2015, 11:23 AM
Anyone here play Kerbal Space Program?

Anduril
Aug 31, 2015, 11:30 AM
I will most likely just get to sleep a bit earlier than normal.

landman
Aug 31, 2015, 12:22 PM
Maintenances are always at sleep time for me lol I could install MGSV and see if I can run it at max, then uninstall and watch my MGS legacy collection and feel like someday I will "play" them all...

RX-93
Aug 31, 2015, 01:02 PM
METAL GEARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Vintasticvin
Aug 31, 2015, 01:16 PM
Flip my kitchen table and set it on fire while trying cope with my Pso2 withdrawal

Dragwind
Aug 31, 2015, 01:21 PM
Do laundry, go to the gym, color some coloring books with my daughter.

the_importer_
Aug 31, 2015, 01:21 PM
Flip my kitchen table and set it on fire while trying cope with my Pso2 withdrawal

http://www.independent.co.uk/incoming/article9335036.ece/alternates/w620/web-antipsycho-drugs-getty-DONTUSEAGAIN.jpg

Flaoc
Aug 31, 2015, 02:12 PM
so they are gonna work on server?

great fully expecting server to be even worse after maint :wacko:

the_importer_
Aug 31, 2015, 02:13 PM
so they are gonna work on server?

great fully expecting server to be even worse after maint :wacko:

Yay, 100% Triboosts !!!

Cyber Meteor
Aug 31, 2015, 02:48 PM
I just hope we'll get back the curse of death on Guar, it shouldn't be that hard to fix, or if they can't keep it the way it worked just make him inflict 50000 dmg pts with it (it didn't inflict any dmg pt if you haven't noticed) so even resistances won't prevent death ;-)

Poyonche
Aug 31, 2015, 03:35 PM
Yeah give it Vibras Bomb's damage if making it instant kill is impossible. :wacko:

Maenara
Aug 31, 2015, 03:52 PM
http://www.independent.co.uk/incoming/article9335036.ece/alternates/w620/web-antipsycho-drugs-getty-DONTUSEAGAIN.jpg

Let's refrain from making these kinds of jokes around people who actually have illnesses which prescribe these drugs.

Shinamori
Aug 31, 2015, 04:16 PM
Working at the place I really don't want to.

Xaelouse
Aug 31, 2015, 04:29 PM
playing better games and it'll probably be that way until EP4

the_importer_
Aug 31, 2015, 05:14 PM
Let's refrain from making these kinds of jokes around people who actually have illnesses which prescribe these drugs.

Do you know what these are? Probably not since if you did, you would know that these are antipsychotics. Although everyone has problems, I seriously doubt that someone with that condition would be playing a game like PSO2 where even the best meds wouldn't do anything against a bad day with Dudu.

Anduril
Aug 31, 2015, 05:38 PM
Do you know what these are? Probably not since if you did, you would know that these are antipsychotics. Although everyone has problems, I seriously doubt that someone with that condition would be playing a game like PSO2 where even the best meds wouldn't do anything against a bad day with Dudu.
Actually, most of these are also prescribed as anti-depressants and anti-anxiety medications, so someone who is taking these medications could indeed be in a condition to play this game; in fact, if you did a bit of research, you would find that many times doctors will prescribe drugs classed as "anti-psychotics" for other conditions that do not fall under their established use. Now if the nature of the game's RNG would be counterproductive to their condition is another thing entirely.

BIG OLAF
Aug 31, 2015, 05:51 PM
Play something better as usual

The only answer.

Mattykins
Aug 31, 2015, 05:54 PM
I'll be writing disgusting fetishy smut fit only for deviantArt.

LonelyGaruga
Aug 31, 2015, 06:00 PM
Actually, most of these are also prescribed as anti-depressants and anti-anxiety medications, so someone who is taking these medications could indeed be in a condition to play this game; in fact, if you did a bit of research, you would find that many times doctors will prescribe drugs classed as "anti-psychotics" for other conditions that do not fall under their established use.

Just want to affirm this, have two family members who take one of the products depicted in the image for anti-depressant purposes.

Neither of them play PSO2 though, but it's definitely not funny to make jokes about regardless.

the_importer_
Aug 31, 2015, 06:12 PM
Actually, most of these are also prescribed as anti-depressants and anti-anxiety medications, so someone who is taking these medications could indeed be in a condition to play this game; in fact, if you did a bit of research, you would find that many times doctors will prescribe drugs classed as "anti-psychotics" for other conditions that do not fall under their established use. Now if the nature of the game's RNG would be counterproductive to their condition is another thing entirely.

Depressive people are in majority, dangerous to themselves, not to others. People with psychotic episodes on the other hand could do things that could be dangerous to others like what Vintasticvin was describing, hence the joke of the anti-psychotics.

And FYI, someone in the family has been dealing with psychotic episodes for over 15 years, so I know a bit about it. Meds help to a certain point, but things like stressful jobs and gambling, something that PSO2 pretty much falls into in my experience, should be avoided at all cost.

Anyway, the point is that this was a joke to a comment and you SJWs manage to ruin once again. Hey, want to hear a joke that doesn't offend anyone? 2 guys walk into a bar.... that's it, anything else I say could be considered offensive. No wait, I take that back, people with alcohol problems could find this offensive, so can't mention bars -_-

Asuka~
Aug 31, 2015, 06:24 PM
Well I take oven to it because you made me hungry. Food now pls

Anduril
Aug 31, 2015, 06:25 PM
Depressive people are in majority, dangerous to themselves, not to others. People with psychotic episodes on the other hand could do things that could be dangerous to others like what Vintasticvin was describing, hence the joke of the anti-psychotics.

And FYI, someone in the family has been dealing with psychotic episodes for over 15 years, so I know a bit about it. Meds help to a certain point, but things like stressful jobs and gambling, something that PSO2 pretty much falls into in my experience, should be avoided at all cost.

Anyway, the point is that this was a joke to a comment and you SJWs manage to ruin once again. Hey, want to hear a joke that doesn't offend anyone? 2 guys walk into a bar.... that's it, anything else I say could be considered offensive. No wait, I take that back, people with alcohol problems could find this offensive, so can't mention bars -_-
I was just pointing out that someone who takes drugs that are classified as anti-psychotics could still be playing this game since it seems like you were implying that these medications are only used for treating actual psychoses, and like I said, it's another matter entirely as to whether or not they should be playing this game. To that point, I, for example, take medicine for high blood pressure, so I should be avoiding things that cause unneeded stress; that doesn't stop me from playing this game and others that cause my blood pressure to rise, be it from frustration or nervousness. I know I should avoid them, but I don't. Hell, I work as a substitute teacher and have to deal with kids running the gamut from kindergartners who can't stay still for more than two seconds to asshole twelfth graders who have no respect for authority, and you can imagine the stress that causes. But, on the other hand, I get a sense of satisfaction from these things.
I personally don't care one way or another about jokes regarding medication since often times I feel that joking about something can be the only way to deal with it, though that does vary person to person.

Maenara
Aug 31, 2015, 06:56 PM

I've taken Risperdal and Zoloft before. Zoloft briefly during a bout of depression a few years back where I didn't 'feel' depressed, I just completely lacked motivation to do anything, I'd just sit on the couch, stare at my computer screen, and not touch my keyboard or mouse, just stare at my desktop for hours on end. Risperdal for many, many years, prescribed as part of my asperger treatment.

So yes, I do know what, at least, some of them, are. Have some common decency, please. Save the 4chan attitude for those who opt in to the experience.

LonelyGaruga
Aug 31, 2015, 06:56 PM

Anyway, the point is that this was a joke to a comment and you SJWs manage to ruin once again.

If Dudu/Monica RNG is enough to trigger a psychotic break then you probably have issues too. Can't imagine anyone getting more frustrated than simply facepalming or hitting their thigh or something. Just chill about this stuff. RNG happens when it happens.

And uh, seriously, if you're gonna make an awful joke, don't complain when people don't like it. Might as well be making fun of people with Alzheimer's or any other mental disability. That's never appropriate.

Utterly Vile
Aug 31, 2015, 07:15 PM
On a lighter note, and sticking to the topic by the OP. I've got 13hrs, before this......
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-c1a5c55-8

Can't wait

Meteor Weapon
Aug 31, 2015, 10:34 PM
Since I'm near jp time, I usually do work.

the_importer_
Aug 31, 2015, 11:22 PM
I've taken Risperdal and Zoloft before. Zoloft briefly during a bout of depression a few years back where I didn't 'feel' depressed, I just completely lacked motivation to do anything, I'd just sit on the couch, stare at my computer screen, and not touch my keyboard or mouse, just stare at my desktop for hours on end. Risperdal for many, many years, prescribed as part of my asperger treatment.

So yes, I do know what, at least, some of them, are. Have some common decency, please. Save the 4chan attitude for those who opt in to the experience.

Well those are the side effects of the most antipsychotics, so why the hell do they give those to people with depression anyway, that would only make things worst, what kind of quacks you guys have handing meds on your countries anyway? I can understand giving them out for people with AD to a certain degree, but depression?!

Anyway, point still stands, someone made a a funny about loosing his mind, I replied with a funny picture. Don't like my jokes, feel free to add me to your ignore list like I'll probably do to you since I grow tired of SJW bull everyone on the net.

Maenara
Aug 31, 2015, 11:27 PM
Well those are the side effects of the most antipsychotics, so why the hell do they give those to people with depression anyway, that would only make things worst, what kind of quacks you guys have handing meds on your countries anyway? I can understand giving them out for people with AD to a certain degree, but depression?!

Anyway, point still stands, someone made a a funny about loosing his mind, I replied with a funny picture. Don't like my jokes, feel free to add me to your ignore list like I'll probably do to you since I grow tired of SJW bull everyone on the net.

Sorry to hear that some people disagree with you sometimes. That must really suck.

Anduril
Sep 1, 2015, 12:27 AM
Actually, quite a few medications that you would expect to be counterproductive to a condition help due to the oddness of brain chemistry. One example is Ritalin in the treatment of Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder; Ritalin is a stimulant and for someone with "normal" brain chemistry would be like taking crack or something similar, but for someone with ADHD, the Ritalin actually helps to bring them down due to abnormal dopamine levels in the brain, though the end result in both cases is increased focus. It really is quite fascinating.

ArcaneTechs
Sep 1, 2015, 01:18 AM
psow sometimes, Cancer one moment SJW the next, make up your minds, it's a joke get over it

Maenara
Sep 1, 2015, 01:29 AM
psow sometimes, Cancer one moment SJW the next, make up your minds, it's a joke get over it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=je72mH9OmuU

ArcaneTechs
Sep 1, 2015, 01:36 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=je72mH9OmuU
maybe some other time and judging by his vids, they dont look worth my time either. I might as well take Kotakus Rainbow Mika article serious (least the click bait title)

Lumpen Thingy
Sep 1, 2015, 02:58 AM
Random person says: Hey what will everyone be doing when PSO2 is down for a while?

PSO-world replies with: Cancer, Ebola, I hate this game yet I post here, I hate this game yet still play it, AIDS, give me AIDS, playing other games.

God this community is getting as bad as PSU and Dota 2 to a point its just amazing some times.

As for me......maybe play other games since I have other games?

ArcaneTechs
Sep 1, 2015, 06:16 AM
Random person says: Hey what will everyone be doing when PSO2 is down for a while?

PSO-world replies with: Cancer, Ebola, I hate this game yet I post here, I hate this game yet still play it, AIDS, give me AIDS, playing other games.

God this community is getting as bad as PSU and Dota 2 to a point its just amazing some times.

As for me......maybe play other games since I have other games?
This community has been and progressively gotten worse over time, it has not changed since PSU, there may be less English players than PSU but the population is growing and so is the Cancer (at least most people are like this)

Sumimi
Sep 1, 2015, 08:23 AM
Is there a single semi-large community that has open forums like this that aren't considered cancer?

I'm pretty certain all the ones I do frequent have some sort of that.

Naoya Kiriyama
Sep 1, 2015, 08:38 AM
You know, that sounded a lot like "I have a friend who is a black trans-female jew lesbian and disabled, diagnosed with cancer and have attempted suicide in the past, so I want my right to say racist and homophobic jokes and make fun of all the illness that ever exist".

Personally I don't care about those kind of stuff, I make fun at myself a lot of times even when my life isn't 100% pretty or disastrous, but even if I wanted to take that kind of jokes, I would only do those in a reduced number of people who I have some kind of trust, not open internet discussions

the_importer_
Sep 1, 2015, 08:43 AM
This community has been and progressively gotten worse over time, it has not changed since PSU, there may be less English players than PSU but the population is growing and so is the Cancer (at least most people are like this)

3 things that could help this community:

1- People should stop taking things out of context and grow a fucking sense of humor
2- If you can't be nice when helping someone, then don't
3- If you're not a mod, don't act like one, no one likes a backseat moderator

I say if every followed these 3 rules, this forum would be a better place. But the again, I probably would have more chances of digging into my on shit and finding gold than this ever happening -_-

milranduil
Sep 1, 2015, 08:46 AM
3 things that could help this community:

1- People should stop taking things out of context and grow a fucking sense of humor
2- If you can't be nice when helping someone, then don't
3- If you're not a mod, don't act like one, no one likes a backseat moderator

I say if every followed these 3 rules, this forum would be a better place. But the again, I probably would have more chances of digging into my on shit and finding gold than this ever happening -_-

I have a 4th: don't cross the line with jokes regarding sensitive material. There is a difference between cracking a good joke and being an ass bag.

Z-0
Sep 1, 2015, 08:49 AM
On the other hand, people need to stop "defending" others in regards to "sensitive material". 9 times out of 10, this offensive material that people like to bitch and moan about generally doesn't even offend said people they're trying to stand up for.

I've seen it happen far too much on my behalf. If something was really bothersome, someone it actually affects should speak up rather than people acting self-righteous.

the_importer_
Sep 1, 2015, 08:51 AM
On the other hand, people need to stop "defending" others in regards to "sensitive material". 9 times out of 10, this offensive material that people like to bitch and moan about generally doesn't even offend said people they're trying to stand up for.

I've seen it happen far too much on my behalf. If something was really bothersome, someone it actually affects should speak up rather than people acting self-righteous.

Ya, but that's the foundation of being an SJW, you take that away from them, what do they have left?

Kondibon
Sep 1, 2015, 09:02 AM
Ya, but that's the foundation of being an SJW, you take that away from them, what do they have left?Add me to your ignore list too please. o/

Ce'Nedra
Sep 1, 2015, 09:06 AM
I'm gonna be a Squid o3o

Kondibon
Sep 1, 2015, 09:06 AM
I'm gonna be a Squid o3oYou're a kid now!

Ce'Nedra
Sep 1, 2015, 09:15 AM
You're a kid now!

B-but I wanna be a Squid ;~;

the_importer_
Sep 1, 2015, 09:28 AM
Add me to your ignore list too please. o/

Alright, but don't go saying I never did anything for you :p

Kondibon
Sep 1, 2015, 09:31 AM
B-but I wanna be a Squid ;~;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y90bDDLO094

Naoya Kiriyama
Sep 1, 2015, 12:01 PM
Aaaaaaand concerning about the topic, I'll be either finishing Strider 2014, or crying about my bad rng in FGO.

Also, does anyone per chance have a spare saber lily code?

SilkaN
Sep 1, 2015, 01:04 PM
And so, it begins.

We had a small party in my room but someone had to forcefully end it. :(

[SPOILER-BOX]http://puu.sh/jWtoy.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Kokurokoki
Sep 1, 2015, 01:07 PM
Study.... motherfucker dat maintenance... :(

[Ayumi]
Sep 1, 2015, 01:08 PM
Going to work on some art designs, play some PSOBB offline, PSU offline, PSU Clementine, and Fallout Shelter on Bluestacks.

Nitro Vordex
Sep 1, 2015, 01:31 PM
Pound my dick into dust on Xenoverse, because drops there might as well be like PSO2's. Also get some school thangs done. Maybe play Street Fighter, even though the stick on my controller is going out. I need a fight stick bad. >_>

Rupikachu
Sep 1, 2015, 01:35 PM
Splatooooooooooon! If my router doesn't die every 2 minutes..

LunaSolstice
Sep 1, 2015, 03:22 PM
Celebrate not dealing with anymore brainless CM2 MPAs of course lol

http://i61.tinypic.com/2dl25b8.png

Thats my new quest victory SA lol

But aside from that I'll play some LoL,which I wanted to play more since I like the new Juggernaut items on alot of champs in it.

Anduril
Sep 1, 2015, 04:08 PM
I just got back from a 5-period day of 6th grade math; 11-year-olds are so squirrely and energetic it drains the energy right out of you. I am going to take a nap, then wake up and make dinner, then take another nap before going to bed. Yes, I am going to sleep before sleeping. And tomorrow morning, I will PSO2!

Imjake
Sep 1, 2015, 04:11 PM
What is FGO?

Also...
does someone actually have their ignore list as their sig?! LMAO!!!! That is more pathetic than having your computer specs as a sig. Good god. You must have a horrible life.

Kondibon
Sep 1, 2015, 04:14 PM
Also...
does someone actually have their ignore list as their sig?! LMAO!!!! That is more pathetic than having your computer specs as a sig. Good god. You must have a horrible life.Having your computer specs as your sig is pretty useful on forum where people talk a lot about a PC game honestly. :/

Crimekiwi
Sep 1, 2015, 04:17 PM
Not as pathetic as picking fights with everyone on the psow forum

I just learned a ton of stuff about my class that I didn't know before and I'm just starting to get the hang of chaining so I'm extra eager to get back online. In the mean time, there's a pile of laundry with my name on it. 8-)

SasoriHanamura
Sep 1, 2015, 04:23 PM
So uh...

Do we know when it'll be back up?

SilkaN
Sep 1, 2015, 04:30 PM
So uh...

Do we know when it'll be back up?

As soon as Thursday says hello to Japan.

Edit: Screw this, I am tired.

SasoriHanamura
Sep 1, 2015, 04:31 PM
As soon as Thursday says hello to Japan.

Yikes...

Do we know when that is? In EST time?

Anduril
Sep 1, 2015, 04:35 PM
Yikes...

Do we know when that is? In EST time?
It's scheduled to come back up at 4AM EDT. Basically, if you didn't get the chance to log-in today and you still want to get stuff like your Daily COs and log-in bonuses, you'll have until 11AM EDT to do so.

SilkaN
Sep 1, 2015, 04:38 PM
It's scheduled to come back up 4AM EDT.

I always mix up time zones when thinking ahead...

5 PM JST
4 AM EDT like Anduril said
5 AM EST
and
10 AM for Germans like me.

SasoriHanamura
Sep 1, 2015, 04:38 PM
It's scheduled to come back up at 4AM EDT.

Hnnnng.

Welp, time to lie on the ground and contemplate existance.

SilkaN
Sep 1, 2015, 04:40 PM
Hnnnng.

Welp, time to lie on the ground and contemplate existance.

In my case the servers will be up 1-2 hours after I wake up. That's perfect for me. :P

ArcaneTechs
Sep 1, 2015, 04:50 PM
Picture of some medicinal pills could almost be on par with some of the US Tragic Incidents (had a joke been made on that) psow is sure something else. Least the thread is recouping into a better direction

GHNeko
Sep 1, 2015, 04:52 PM
FINAL FANTASY TYPE 0 AYYYY

SasoriHanamura
Sep 1, 2015, 04:59 PM
In my case the servers will be up 1-2 hours after I wake up. That's perfect for me. :P

Might I ask how everyone gets these cool character tag thingies in their signatures?

Tsunari96
Sep 1, 2015, 05:01 PM
I forgot to take more screenshots before server went off.

SilkaN
Sep 1, 2015, 05:04 PM
Might I ask how everyone gets these cool character tag thingies in their signatures?

You can edit your signature by clicking on "User CP" on the upper left side of the screen.

SasoriHanamura
Sep 1, 2015, 05:08 PM
You can edit your signature by clicking on "User CP" on the upper left side of the screen.

I know that part. I'm talking about the neat custom made pictures with your characters on them.

SilkaN
Sep 1, 2015, 05:12 PM
I know that part. I'm talking about the neat custom made pictures with your characters on them.

Well, I took a screenshot, cut my character out with like 300% zoom using Gimp and then put some layers together, downloaded some fonts, etc.
It would be better if you look up a tutorial on Youtube because I forgot how to do all of this.

Anduril
Sep 1, 2015, 05:21 PM
Like SilkaN said, a lot of people do them themselves with photo-editing software like gimp, Photoshop, or paint.net using screenshots and other stuff; you could also see if someone is willing to make one for you.

jooozek
Sep 1, 2015, 06:23 PM
are the gunner overhaul buff metashits coming today?

WEED420BLAZEIT
Sep 1, 2015, 07:58 PM
gonna be at work and watch some until dawn

IT'S JUST A PRANK BRO

RadiantLegend
Sep 1, 2015, 08:31 PM
Catch up on 3 month old work.

.Jack
Sep 1, 2015, 08:35 PM
Sense8 on Netflix currently.