PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Gunslash Love?

KroDragon
Sep 2, 2015, 07:02 AM
This is probably a moot point, but I always hear about how Gunslashes aren't very viable weapons. I wonder if this is true? To be perfectly honest, I like the Gunslash. It's probably not the most practical weapon but it's certainly not worst.

I was wondering what everyone else thinks of the Gunslash? Should it be a weapon you can focus around? Or should it just be a quick-switch weapon without much maintenance?

Superia
Sep 2, 2015, 07:41 AM
I think Gunslash Fi/Hu is definitely one of the more viable niche builds, but they need to get that certain PA that I do not recall the name of up to full power. I think that is the main thing holding it back (other than dedicated GS skills), since it already has passable mobility and mobbing power.

Kokurokoki
Sep 2, 2015, 07:44 AM
I also agree with Superia. The gunslash not having any dedicated skills really hurts it. It'd be nice to have at least a gunslash gear or something like that.

Also a lot of the PAs should have taken advantage of the fact that you could switch between one mode or the other. But that's just me.

Poyonche
Sep 2, 2015, 07:50 AM
Maybe they'll do a massive gunslash update for Episode 4.

I hope.

KroDragon
Sep 2, 2015, 08:25 AM
It'd be nice to have at least a gunslash gear or something like that.

The thing about that: the Gunslash has a shift option already, being able to turn into a ranged weapon. A "gear" would be a class specific thing, wouldn't it? Like how Techers have Wand Gear or Bouncers have Dual Blade/Jet Boot Gears

Maybe they'll do a massive gunslash update for Episode 4.

I hope.

Aw man, here's hoping!

RX-93
Sep 2, 2015, 08:29 AM
The thing about that: the Gunslash has a shift option already, being able to turn into a ranged weapon. A "gear" would be a class specific thing, wouldn't it? Like how Techers have Wand Gear or Bouncers have Dual Blade/Jet Boot Gears

Could always give each class a Main Class only Gunslash Gear or some sort of Gunslash Boost. But that would mean Sega would have to work hard and be creative.

Qualia
Sep 2, 2015, 08:30 AM
Shared skill tree incoming. Episode 4 hype

Kokurokoki
Sep 2, 2015, 09:33 AM

Here's to hoping that it will boost the synergy between weapons.

I kinda wish we had skills that would let us charge the gear of other weapons while we use our main.

LunaSolstice
Sep 2, 2015, 10:05 AM
I think the easiest thing they could do would be to add a gunslash gear boost to all skill trees for every class that costs 1 SP. I like alot of the gunslash PAs so far.

Selphea
Sep 2, 2015, 11:10 AM
The only thing I'd like to see for Gunslash is the ability to Shift or Step cancel every PA and iframes on the Shift action. Defenses are the main thing it's missing imo. Offensively Traps + WB + Limit Break on FiRa seems to do fine on mobs and bosses.

Zorafim
Sep 2, 2015, 11:16 AM
The reason I don't like it is because it doesn't specialize in anything. No matter where you use it, there's a weapon that can do what you're doing better. Generally speaking.
Of course, there are some people who love it for just that reason. I've seen videos where gunslashes wrecked things. It's a general use weapon, and if that's what you like, then use it for that. Most people just prefer having different weapons for different situations.

KroDragon
Sep 2, 2015, 01:42 PM

Here's to hoping that it will boost the synergy between weapons.

I kinda wish we had skills that would let us charge the gear of other weapons while we use our main.

Shared Skill Tree?
I'm intrigued, can you show me this?

Qualia
Sep 2, 2015, 01:51 PM
Shared Skill Tree?
I'm intrigued, can you show me this?

It's not a thing.

yoshiblue
Sep 2, 2015, 01:58 PM
Always imagined Gunslash gear would allow it to borrow attributes from your main class.

EX:
Techer: Wand gear + lovers would convert R-atk into S-atk, and do R-atk explosions
Ranger: Aim Shot gains Homing Emission's seeking, weak bullet and bullet keep can be applied when at max gear.

Kondibon
Sep 2, 2015, 02:07 PM
So I was gonna say "Sure gunslash is viable". But that reminded me. We (and by we I mean literally every online game community I've seen) need to stop using the word "viable" without specifying what we mean viable FOR. There's a big difference between being Viable for VH TACOs at level 75/75, vs being viable for XH magatsu speed runs, vs being viable for juggling oodans.

Zorafim
Sep 2, 2015, 02:10 PM
It should be mentioned that there are cases where gunslashes are necessary. Hunters may need them to take out ranged targets (switches in lilipa TA come to mind), rangers may need them to take out closeby enemies, and forces may need them to regenerate TP without getting close to an enemy.

Qualia
Sep 2, 2015, 02:13 PM
I only use queen vera, and only to regenerate pp. Occasionally pull it out for Julius Nifta damage, but that's about it.

Mattykins
Sep 2, 2015, 02:16 PM
I like to relive the old Additional Bullet days sometimes when no one is looking :c

Touka
Sep 2, 2015, 02:31 PM

Couldn't they just make gear like Sword gear?That way you don't have to worry about the shift action.

LonelyGaruga
Sep 2, 2015, 02:38 PM
It should be mentioned that there are cases where gunslashes are necessary. Hunters may need them to take out ranged targets (switches in lilipa TA come to mind), rangers may need them to take out closeby enemies, and forces may need them to regenerate TP without getting close to an enemy.

All of those classes have better ways to handle these situations. Hunter's got PAs like Kaiser Rise and Sacred Skewer, Ranger has Gravity Bomb and PAs like Glory Rain and Cosmos Breaker, and the current game's huge PP pools make PP regeneration with a GS much less useful for Force than it used to be (although it can still be useful).

Currently Gunslash does not excel in any area and can't even call itself a well rounded weapon because other weapons are better at being well rounded while also excelling in some areas. They're honestly pretty bad, and Sega regularly prioritizes class balance over weapon balance, so they're likely to stay this way for a long time.

After all, Kreisenchlag has been dealing half its intended damage since EP3 started.

Superia
Sep 2, 2015, 02:48 PM
After all, Kreisenchlag has been dealing half its intended damage since EP3 started.

That's the one.

Also, I do not think Ranger would use a GS for close enemies while they have Zero Distance, Cosmos Breaker and Crazy Smash available.

Selphea
Sep 2, 2015, 09:49 PM
Gunslash has the advantage of Step, overall lower frame counts on its attacks and built-in evasion on Thrillplosion, so IMO it's better at CQC mobbing.

On bosses though, ever since End Attract it's like why do I even bother using Slash Rave on say, Rodos when I can just oneshot it with End Attract. Also Gunslash is quite disadvantaged in UQ since headshot detection is much stricter, and in Kuron since it doesn't climb well and can't hit from the top down like Glory Rain does.

But Gunslash does have all class capability going for it. A 13* Gunslash can be used to get at least 4 classes to level 75: Hunter as Hu/Ra, Fighter as Fi/Ra, Ranger as Ra/X and Gunner as Gu/X. Arguably Braver too. For subclass setups or level-and-forget for class bonus it beats clogging the storage up with weapons you'll use for like, a week and never touch again.

Maenara
Sep 2, 2015, 10:12 PM
As a person who frequently uses gunslash: Gunslash is a good weapon type, but the main problem is that it doesn't do anything that other weapons just do better. I can do a million damage with Aiming Shot as RA/GU, but ultimately it's not that neat when I can just use End Attract instead for the same result without the weapon switch.

Ranger has a datamined, unreleased skill called Bullet Keep Gunslash. It could help Gunslash a lot, but Sega seems pretty dead set on not adding any gunslash-related skills whatsoever.

Kokurokoki
Sep 2, 2015, 10:37 PM
As a person who frequently uses gunslash: Gunslash is a good weapon type, but the main problem is that it doesn't do anything that other weapons just do better. I can do a million damage with Aiming Shot as RA/GU, but ultimately it's not that neat when I can just use End Attract instead for the same result without the weapon switch.

Ranger has a datamined, unreleased skill called Bullet Keep Gunslash. It could help Gunslash a lot, but Sega seems pretty dead set on not adding any gunslash-related skills whatsoever.

Which is odd considering that gunslash client orders seem to be associated with rangers. Like, if I remember right you get your first gunslash client order with Lisa.

Selphea
Sep 3, 2015, 06:33 AM
I can do a million damage with Aiming Shot as RA/GU, but ultimately it's not that neat when I can just use End Attract instead for the same result without the weapon switch.

Isn't that the exact premise of Ra/Br though? Do a million damage with Banish Nemesis. Needs a weapon switch, yet Ra/Brs happily switch anyway.

Maenara
Sep 3, 2015, 06:49 AM
Isn't that the exact premise of Ra/Br though? Do a million damage with Banish Nemesis. Needs a weapon switch, yet Ra/Brs happily switch anyway.

Yeah, 'cept they do a lot more than a million damage.

Selphea
Sep 3, 2015, 07:02 AM
Sounds like the solution is Vol Gunslash.

Maenara
Sep 3, 2015, 07:08 AM
I've been saying that gunslash could use its own Vol/Banish PA. To fit with the gunslash theme, have it only record damage that matches the gunslash's mode, but have it record 150% before JA bonus as compensation.

Mildora
Sep 3, 2015, 09:52 AM
Make gunslash work with bullet keep

Selphea
Sep 3, 2015, 10:27 AM
Better still, make Gunslash work with Weak Bullet.

Qualia
Sep 3, 2015, 10:30 AM
Better still, make Gunslash work with Weak Bullet.

Bow would honestly get a weak arrow skill before gs gets weak bullet support.

Maenara
Sep 4, 2015, 12:05 AM
I'd be happy just having Sega release that Bullet Keep Gunslash skill.

Dammy
Sep 6, 2015, 02:52 PM
i think it actually was mentioned earlier? (bullet keep gs)
anyway, is kuronia shop gunslash good? how it is comparing to others ?

Flaoc
Sep 6, 2015, 03:32 PM
i think it actually was mentioned earlier? (bullet keep gs)
anyway, is kuronia shop gunslash good? how it is comparing to others ?

id say its the best ranger gs in the game

Dammy
Sep 6, 2015, 04:35 PM
id say its the best ranger gs in the game

tbh i think so too, but ranged gs pas seems lacking to melee ones...

Maenara
Sep 6, 2015, 04:40 PM
Ideal Banette is a better Gunslash when facing bosses.

Kondibon
Sep 6, 2015, 04:45 PM
tbh i think so too, but ranged gs pas seems lacking to melee ones...When did that happen? Or do you just mean they're boring?

milranduil
Sep 6, 2015, 05:09 PM
tbh i think so too, but ranged gs pas seems lacking to melee ones...

None of them do the exact same thing though you only have 4 options afaik. Addbullet for grouped enemies in front of you at some sort of distance beyond your feet, thrillsplosion for a pack right in front of you (perfect with gbomb), ranged portion of (strezlwei or however it's called in english) for quick 360 hit, and aiming shot for ranged single target damage. tbh, that's more options than JB PAs have l0l

Maenara
Sep 6, 2015, 05:43 PM
It also helps if people consider the PAs that have both melee and ranged portions.

Dammy
Sep 6, 2015, 06:03 PM
i just looked at charts at swiki
melee based PA seems to be more effective at dps and pp cost to damage

Kondibon
Sep 6, 2015, 06:05 PM
i just looked at charts at swiki
melee based PA seems to be more effective at dps and pp cost to damageHuh... never knew. Though I barely use GS anyway, so eh.

LonelyGaruga
Sep 6, 2015, 06:09 PM
Melee PAs also can't headshot, and ranged attacks in general have higher skill modifiers (namely on the Ranger tree). Not a really accurate comparison.

Kondibon
Sep 6, 2015, 06:31 PM
Melee PAs also can't headshot, and ranged attacks in general have higher skill modifiers (namely on the Ranger tree). Not a really accurate comparison.Fair enough.

Selphea
Sep 6, 2015, 06:36 PM
The only pure melee attacks are Serpent Air, Tri-Impact and melee Strezwei though. The rest incorporate at least some portion of shooting damage.

doomdragon83
Sep 6, 2015, 07:24 PM
I'd be happy just having Sega release that Bullet Keep Gunslash skill.
Why make another skill when they can just fix the current one to include GS?
On that note, why doesn't Bullet Keep let me keep my bullets even if I switch to a non-Ranger weapon? That restriction make no sense considering Bullet keep is main class only.

Maenara
Sep 6, 2015, 07:25 PM
Why make another skill when they can just fix the current one to include GS?

Because it's Sega.

KroDragon
Sep 9, 2015, 02:33 AM
So if some PA's deal both S-ATK and R-ATK based damage, would that mean Braver would be the quote; unquote "BEST" class to use a Gunslash with?

Superia
Sep 9, 2015, 02:40 AM
So if some PA's deal both S-ATK and R-ATK based damage, would that mean Braver would be the quote; unquote "BEST" class to use a Gunslash with?

Modifiers are considerably more important than pure attack in most cases, and Braver's modifiers don't match that of classes like Ranger, Fighter and Hunter. Further, there is no implication that both types of attacks are used equally or are equally useful.

Kondibon
Sep 9, 2015, 02:40 AM
So if some PA's deal both S-ATK and R-ATK based damage, would that mean Braver would be the quote; unquote "BEST" class to use a Gunslash with?Not really, since braver actually lacks damage multipliers that would affect most of its PAs. I think Fi/Hu is considered the "best" gunslash class combo for general purpose and Ra/Hu or Gu/Ra for mainly ranged.

EDIT: I left a bit out.

LonelyGaruga
Sep 9, 2015, 02:49 AM
Not in the slightest. The ATK stats aren't nearly as important as the skills, and Braver's tree barely gives any damage in the first place. Average Stance + Up is a 26% modifier, Weak Stance is a 48% modifier, Hunter gives a 76% modifier to striking attacks and a 60% modifier to ranged attacks. Fighter's an even 50% with Brave Stance. Ranger offers obscene ranged modifiers but virtually nothing for striking (only First Hit and Sharpshooter, and both are nearly impossible to take advantage of with GS's short-ranged multi-hitting melee attacks), although Weak Bullet is a thing.

I'd say Braver's actually the worst class to use a GS with besides Force. Even Techer and Bouncer have higher damage modifiers than Average Stance.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 9, 2015, 02:55 AM
Here to beat the horse to a pulp. Fi is the best option for GS use, followed by Hu due to the potency of their modifiers, as well as many of them applying to both striking, and ranged damage on top.

KroDragon
Sep 9, 2015, 02:57 AM
Modifiers are considerably more important than pure attack in most cases, and Braver's modifiers don't match that of classes like Ranger, Fighter and Hunter. Further, there is no implication that both types of attacks are used equally or are equally useful.

Not really, since braver actually lacks damage multipliers that would affect most of its PAs. I think Fi/Hu is considered the "best" gunslash class combo for general purpose and Ra/Hu.

Not in the slightest. The ATK stats aren't nearly as important as the skills, and Braver's tree barely gives any damage in the first place. Average Stance + Up is a 26% modifier, Weak Stance is a 48% modifier, Hunter gives a 76% modifier to striking attacks and a 60% modifier to ranged attacks. Fighter's an even 50% with Brave Stance. Ranger offers obscene ranged modifiers but virtually nothing for striking (only First Hit and Sharpshooter, and both are nearly impossible to take advantage of with GS's short-ranged multi-hitting melee attacks), although Weak Bullet is a thing.

I'd say Braver's actually the worst class to use a GS with besides Force. Even Techer and Bouncer have higher damage modifiers than Average Stance.

Currently I run a Hu/Te (62/75) setup that's more or less on the same stats even after a class swap. Is that a good idea to stick with that setup? (For decent DPS, Zondeel AoE style fighting and Offensive/Defensive buffing and recovery.)

Superia
Sep 9, 2015, 03:29 AM
Currently I run a Hu/Te (62/75) setup that's more or less on the same stats even after a class swap. Is that a good idea to stick with that setup? (For decent DPS, Zondeel AoE style fighting and Offensive/Defensive buffing and recovery.)

I am not sure about the specifics of your intentions, but I am assuming you want to have access to techs but mainly use a Gunslash? Or are you asking about the viability of Te/Hu in general?

KroDragon
Sep 9, 2015, 05:48 AM
Techer is mainly for emergency self/party healing. Stacking Shifta with Fury Stance is nice for that damage output so really the only techs I use are support. Zondeel helps a lot because while the damage I deal might be small, hitting multiple enemies at the same time with one PA really cuts down the mana consumption.

EDIT : Not to mention that Techer also has SOME S-ATK benefits over Bouncer. (Mainly Shifta upgrades)

LonelyGaruga
Sep 9, 2015, 11:58 AM

No, not really. GS are outclassed outside of ranged classes (Fi/Hu's best for striking and good for ranged but all its other weapons are far superior in almost every way). You could do all the stuff you've named better with another weapon, like wands or partisans.

If you really want to use GS, play Ranger or Gunner. Even then though, you'll be using the main class stuff more often.

Selphea
Sep 9, 2015, 06:52 PM
I still advocate Fi/Ra as best Gunslash user. Only thing is Gunslash is the only thing it will be good at, especially something like Skull GS. Crafted Red Rifle would still be decent but Ideal with Sharpshooter is still miles ahead.

KroDragon
Sep 10, 2015, 08:14 AM
I still advocate Fi/Ra as best Gunslash user. Only thing is Gunslash is the only thing it will be good at, especially something like Skull GS. Crafted Red Rifle would still be decent but Ideal with Sharpshooter is still miles ahead.

I'd imagine any rifle world be good as long as you can use WB.