PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Game crashing in loading screen

JCsHomeBoy
Sep 2, 2015, 02:17 PM
Hi! i dont use these forums very much but i was wondering if i could get some help trouble shooting a problem for a friend.

Ok so my friend is having some problems with his pso2 game client. it was working fine at 1st, now everytime he tries to load a player room or camp ship or mission. it crashes. its only in the loading screen. he says he gets an error message asking him to close the client. but only half the time. the rest of the time it just crashes.

these are the things ive tried doing to help him trouble shoot.
- ran all the fix's in tweaker (missing/deleted files, gamegaurd issues, etc)
- updated his graphics drivers
- check for conflicting programs
- reinstall the game
-close all other programs/background processes when running the game
-slam face in wall
-some other small things

after spending about 8 hours trying everything i can think of, im out of idea's. if anyone has any info about this type of crash my friend and i would be very appreciative. Thanks!

also ill post his pc specs as well, mabey this will help-
Running window's 8.1
i5 processor
5gb ram
mid-range graphics card (have to ask him again)

KroDragon
Sep 2, 2015, 02:25 PM
Try lowering his graphics on the Tweaker and make sure he's not running Google Chrome/Chrome Mimics (like Comodo Dragon). Pso2 really hates Chrome for some reason.

JCsHomeBoy
Sep 2, 2015, 02:27 PM
ok thanks, and yeah we had him run the settings on lowest settings still crashed. but he does use chrome. we will try it with chrome uninstalled

Qualia
Sep 2, 2015, 02:27 PM
Pso2 really hates Chrome for some reason.

I always have chrome open while running PSO2, and have yet to run into any issues.

Aeris
Sep 2, 2015, 02:36 PM
Fixes, what about clicking on "check for PSO2 updates old method" without the new method beside it, let that run and reply your patches once done.

Another thing that weird is the old number of ram, does that have like 2+2GB and a 1GB stick in their PC, if those are different types and brands of ram, would be wise to remove the 1GB stick and have the others in slots for dual channel mode otherwise all of it will go single channel mode with performance/stability issues.

JCsHomeBoy
Sep 2, 2015, 02:43 PM
oh sorry, my friend is a dummy, he told me 5gb. but he got confused and saw it said 5.8gb availble. its 6gb

JCsHomeBoy
Sep 2, 2015, 02:47 PM
ok thanks we will try the old method update, and see if that works

JCsHomeBoy
Sep 2, 2015, 03:45 PM
ok guys thanks alot, we seem to have gotten it to work. we fixed it with Aeris's method with the old patch metheod