PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Is there a genuine reason why NPCs are pulled out of abductions?

[Ayumi]
Sep 3, 2015, 07:34 PM
I really would like to know for this answer as it's really a stupid move in my opinion.

Kondibon
Sep 3, 2015, 07:47 PM
Because they can't be abducted and would break the boss fight?
Because it's still coded like old TAs?
Because abduction is supposed to be a party thing.
To encourage people to do TAs with real people?

Do you need them or something?

BONUS ANSWER:
Because you touch yourself at night

yoshiblue
Sep 3, 2015, 07:56 PM
Pot shot answer:

Because they're imitations of people you know powered by the campship. The same campship that got wrecked when you got there.
In a sense, PSO EP III clones can very well be a thing.

milranduil
Sep 3, 2015, 08:34 PM
someone's salty that they can't solo clear sh den.

Mattykins
Sep 3, 2015, 08:47 PM
They didn't survive the crash, obviously.

[Ayumi]
Sep 3, 2015, 08:55 PM
someone's salty that they can't solo clear sh den.

When my 75/75 never gets abducted but when my other characters who would be from level 50 to 60 get abducted, then yeah. I'll be salty when it's always the under-leveled/under-skilled/under-geared are the only ones ever abducted when I'm simply trying to get a kill from TA which is easier than farming for a kill outside of TA.

DatFox
Sep 3, 2015, 09:19 PM
Abduction is a troll. I've only been abducted once, but it was in my "last run of the night" where I forced myself to do the Lilipa TA.

... Yoink!

Best thing about it? I got abducted the day after my 3 Day Shop Pass expired.

Maenara
Sep 3, 2015, 11:54 PM
Abduction is bullshit. I've only had it happen to me twice, once VH, once SH. Both times were very long ago when I was extremely undergeared.

Now that I actually have the gear to run SH Abduction? Can't get abducted, even after several instances of specifically attempting to, for hours.

Kondibon
Sep 4, 2015, 12:10 AM
Abduction is bullshit. I've only had it happen to me twice, once VH, once SH. Both times were very long ago when I was extremely undergeared.

Now that I actually have the gear to run SH Abduction? Can't get abducted, even after several instances of specifically attempting to, for hours.Were you just restarting the TA if it wasn't an abduction, because as far as I know, that won't work.

TaigaUC
Sep 4, 2015, 12:11 AM
I personally think it's because SEGA hasn't really thought about it.
Either that or the game isn't capable of making clones from friend partners.

I always get abducted when I'm testing some crap at low level, and have no potions on me.
If I want to get abducted properly, I have to spam restarts for ages. Whch is lame and boring.
And often doesn't work. It does work, sometimes.

I solo'd SH abduction the other day as Fi/Hu with Ideal set.
My clone seemed to die in a single Flash Thousand.
I remember when clones had a billion HP and insta-killed everyone all the time.

Lumpen Thingy
Sep 4, 2015, 12:11 AM
People are still having issues clearing this shit?

Maenara
Sep 4, 2015, 12:36 AM
If you needed NPCs to clear Abduction, you weren't going to clear it. Time is pretty constrictive.

Gama
Sep 4, 2015, 12:39 AM
Pot shot answer:

Because they're imitations of people you know powered by the campship. The same campship that got wrecked when you got there.
In a sense, PSO EP III clones can very well be a thing.

I like this answer.

elryan
Sep 4, 2015, 02:35 AM
If you needed NPCs to clear Abduction, you weren't going to clear it. Time is pretty constrictive.

Very well written.

One more thing: if you need NPC to clear a certain TA, you probably need to reevaluate your gear / skill tree / playstyle.

Naoya Kiriyama
Sep 4, 2015, 04:16 AM
And what if, darkers purposedly aims at undergeared and/or underleveled characters that they're alone for abduction because they are easier targets? :V

Poyonche
Sep 4, 2015, 04:22 AM
And what if, darkers purposedly aims at undergeared and/or underleveled characters that they're alone for abduction because they are easier targets? :V

Impossible, it would requires them to be smart.

landman
Sep 4, 2015, 04:41 AM
I made a new character not long ago and it has seen more parallel areas and abductions than I've seen in half a year with other two characters...

SilkaN
Sep 4, 2015, 06:02 AM
I made a new character not long ago and it has seen more parallel areas and abductions than I've seen in half a year with other two characters...

Is your character a little girl?

Punisher106
Sep 4, 2015, 09:27 AM
I've been abducted on my duman, twice, solo. Never cleared it, and this is on VH.

However, I'm confident that, as a bouncer, my human could wreck VH abduction, but lol, Darkers don't wanna nab me.

I just want my damn Test Subject title...

TaigaUC
Sep 4, 2015, 10:02 AM
It just feels kinda lonely getting abducted alone.

Punisher106
Sep 4, 2015, 10:15 AM
I dunno, being abducted alone kind of gives you that survivalist feeling, that you're fighting for your life, and you have nobody to help you. I LOVE the concept of the abductions, but I just kinda wish it happened way more often.

DatFox
Sep 4, 2015, 10:21 AM
So... Am I the only person that brings Friend Partners along for the Fun and for their (often hilarious) personalities? It doesn't have to be because you can't clear something alone.

Also, is it true that people on your friends list can be attacked by your clone after you get abducted? I forgot where I read something like that. Not that it matters though. They'd have to log in to be attacked.

landman
Sep 4, 2015, 10:27 AM
Your friends have a higher chance, yes, and they also get better drops, but if another user gets your clones spawned before they are gone.

Vatallus
Sep 4, 2015, 10:59 AM
"lul u ned frend parters 2 beet dden" - Did I get the intelligence level of some of these replies right? Person ask a legit question and this is what they get. Stay classy PSOworld.

On a serious note Sega probably just didn't program that into the game. Maybe it was so a solo player couldn't get 4 clones from DDen? Could spend all day making a list of real possible reasons.

jooozek
Sep 4, 2015, 02:23 PM
"lul u ned frend parters 2 beet dden" - Did I get the intelligence level of some of these replies right? Person ask a legit question and this is what they get. Stay classy PSOworld.

On a serious note Sega probably just didn't program that into the game. Maybe it was so a solo player couldn't get 4 clones from DDen? Could spend all day making a list of real possible reasons.

you dont get more clones from codes with npcs anyway just like you dont get more mini-bosses

Unnamed Player
Sep 4, 2015, 03:26 PM
So... Am I the only person that brings Friend Partners along for the Fun
Why else would anyone use them?

DatFox
Sep 4, 2015, 03:51 PM
Apparently because they're bad at the game and should uninstall, from what I see. Heh.

GHNeko
Sep 4, 2015, 04:34 PM
And here, we have PSOWorld posters in their natural habitat, actively bringing the topic of GITGUD and TRYHARD into this innocent thread.

Now watch as the topic is slowly and increasingly derailed by the shit posting and the venom and vitriol of the posts slowly kill this poor thread that is being derailed.

It's quiet a sight to behold and I'm glad I got here in the middle of this cycle of predator and prey so that I can show this incredible act of nature take place, with me; Neko the Nigger as your host.

Now let's keep watching. Maybe we will be lucky and see the top of this habitats' food chain, Sayara come into this thread as well.

Nyansan
Sep 4, 2015, 04:49 PM
And here, we have PSOWorld posters in their natural habitat, actively bringing the topic of GITGUD and TRYHARD into this innocent thread.

Now watch as the topic is slowly and increasingly derailed by the shit posting and the venom and vitriol of the posts slowly kill this poor thread that is being derailed.

It's quiet a sight to behold and I'm glad I got here in the middle of this cycle of predator and prey so that I can show this incredible act of nature take place, with me; Neko the Nigger as your host.

Now let's keep watching. Maybe we will be lucky and see the top of this habitats' food chain, Sayara come into this thread as well.

Not gonna lie, I read that in a Discovery Channel narrator kind of voice.

OT: As yoshi said, NPCs are kinda like holograms (or are bots/copies better) of people you know, which are powered by the campship. Crashing the campship destroys the technology that allows their use (also explains the broken map/radar inside den)

Zorua
Sep 4, 2015, 05:12 PM
Threads like this are why I come to this forum.

[Ayumi]
Sep 5, 2015, 01:05 PM
Same character as I posted when I made this topic.
Tried to run into Vopar TA SH to get a simple order done and I was abducted.
This time I did worse as I was on an even lower level than the original post.

I tried going a 2nd time and what happens? Abducted again! This time I just abandoned as I just wanted the order done.

Edit: By the way, I've been abducted soloing before long ago on my main character. And I beat it soloing. It was my first time being abducted so I did take many screenshots of it. I was on bouncer and didn't have a problem beating it.
The next funny thing is that at that time my bouncer was my weakest class as I was playing it to level it and just like recently, was only going into TA to get an order done. Since then I thought I would have gotten more solo abductions on reasonable characters/classes.

Nope. I only get abducted now when I have no items to protect myself.

GHNeko
Sep 5, 2015, 03:50 PM
GITGUD SCRUB GOSH

ARE YOU EVEN HITTING DAMAGE CAP?

I BET YOU ARENT

JEEZ

THIS IS WHY JAPANESE PLAYERS HATE US.

I BET YOU DONT EVEN HAVE +160 ATTACK AFFIXES AND +10 PP ON EACH OF YOUR EQUIPS DO YOU?

GOSH.

FUCKING PLEB CASUALS. JUST GITGUD OR GITDED

Maenara
Sep 5, 2015, 04:14 PM
neko pls

Kondibon
Sep 5, 2015, 05:50 PM
;3289723']

Nope. I only get abducted now when I have no items to protect myself.Why would you have no items while doing TACOs on a character you know has trouble with Abduction?

[Ayumi]
Sep 5, 2015, 06:09 PM
Why would you have no items while doing TACOs on a character you know has trouble with Abduction?

Too low to use my better stuff is one reason.
Next reason is that I'm not doing TAs 90% of the time while soloing. I'm only going into TA for certain enemies that are a bitch to look for directly or not in the mood to hunt.
(Ga/Gu Wondas in the 1st area of Skylands is one example. Dark Ragne might be another example. Same for Fang Banshee/Banther, Breedha(I always forget the actual name), Ahdas, certain Vopar enemies, the list goes on).

Pretty much TAs are a good area to get certain enemies that you are 100% sure will show up.

K.O. Kazjivo
Sep 5, 2015, 06:14 PM
I also wondered about it. I think it is to make it harder for someone soloing TA's (Maybe to encourage party play in case it happens?). I just return back to the login screen, because whenever I solo my TA's, I'm not doing something else to waste my time.

lostinseganet
Sep 5, 2015, 07:28 PM
They want weak cows (you) to abduct and ...inspect, they don't want you strong where you can fight back.

Kondibon
Sep 5, 2015, 07:32 PM
;3289749']Too low to use my better stuff is one reason.
I thought you meant stuff like mates or whatever. Never mind then.

TaigaUC
Sep 6, 2015, 03:46 AM
I'm low on space. I use my other characters to hold items, so they don't carry mates or moons.
When I do TAs on them, I don't bother restocking. FPs usually heal me if I need it.

[Ayumi]
Sep 6, 2015, 04:42 AM
Knowing the usual luck with abduction, I'm guessing the character won't get abducted no more. I just got her to 70/75 which she can equip all of the best things on her meaning I doubt she will get back in the den any time soon to teach them a lesson.

DatFox
Sep 6, 2015, 11:56 AM
I got abducted AGAIN. I just want to finish these damn TACOs and not have to look at them for another week. This is giving me another reason to ignore these boring/tedious quests. Meseta ain't that important...

... Okay, it is.

TaigaUC
Sep 6, 2015, 04:25 PM
Thought I'd do some TA before Despair. Got abducted. Figures.

Sara-hime
Sep 6, 2015, 05:48 PM
Is your character a little girl?

[spoiler-box]
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/61185313/PSO2_nappings/pso20140906_121402_000.png
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/61185313/PSO2_nappings/pso20140906_121413_001.png
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/61185313/PSO2_nappings/pso20141005_035242_068.png
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/61185313/PSO2_nappings/pso20150214_234718_033.png
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/61185313/PSO2_nappings/pso20150214_234732_034.png
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/61185313/PSO2_nappings/pso20150214_234746_035.png
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/61185313/PSO2_nappings/pso20150214_235035_036.png
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/61185313/PSO2_nappings/pso20150214_235110_037.png
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/61185313/PSO2_nappings/pso20150214_235417_038.png
[/spoiler-box]

.....that's obviously not every single time, but there may be something to that....(even when she's in a more grown-up form, she still operates under the younger version's alias....). Hell, even the Code: Rescue/Avoid or mid-stage Falz prone Princess Sara hasn't been abducted or been to a parallel area yet. O.o;

[Ayumi]
Sep 8, 2015, 09:26 PM
She got abducted yet again.
It's funny/sad though that this time she was high enough with my good equipment on (75/75).
I was going to just abandon as I needed just Banshee/Banther kills, but seeing as how many times abducted lately, I just decided to go through every nook and cranny of the place and kill every single thing in there for pissing me off all week.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://puu.sh/k4T0h/bba3fa03f8.png
http://puu.sh/k4T41/4ff321de5b.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Of course neither her or Hunar dropped anything good (Well she did drop one unit I could sell I guess).