PDA

View Full Version : unrelated

BIG OLAF
Sep 6, 2015, 10:30 PM
Here's an unrelated question, but I have to know-

Why do you have the people on your ignore list publicly displayed on your signature? Does it make you feel like a big ol' tough guy or something? Aren't you a grown man?

Zorua
Sep 6, 2015, 10:35 PM
Why do you have the people on your ignore list publicly displayed on your signature? Does it make you feel like a big ol' tough guy or something? Aren't you a grown man?

http://i.imgur.com/xgz9nkR.gif

Shit be gettin' real up in here.

n_n
Sep 6, 2015, 10:52 PM

Careful, you might get added to that list! :(

the_importer_
Sep 6, 2015, 11:02 PM

The opposite my friend, I'm actually a nice guy, hence why I wouldn't want them replying to me (positively or negatively) only to find out months later that they've been wasting their time.

You're gonna get added to that list now. :(

Ya, first rule of the Ignore List, don't talk about the Ignore List!

J/K, with the exception of 2 (one who requested to be on the list), the people on that list are just users who have been nothing but trolls towards me, so I'm just sparing myself the flame wars.

femme fatale
Sep 6, 2015, 11:07 PM
get over yourself, nobody cares about your ignore list

the_importer_
Sep 6, 2015, 11:09 PM
get over yourself, nobody cares about your ignore list

If that was the case, BIG OLAF wouldn't have asked.

Now be nice.

femme fatale
Sep 6, 2015, 11:10 PM
pretty sure he just asked because he wanted to know if you really knew that nobody cares about you displaying the list

the_importer_
Sep 6, 2015, 11:12 PM
pretty sure he just asked because he wanted to know if you really knew that nobody cares about you displaying the list

We'll just let BIG OLAF speak for himself if you don't mind.

femme fatale
Sep 6, 2015, 11:14 PM
also your question could've easily fitted in quick question thread, now this thread about how dumb your sig is lmao

LonelyGaruga
Sep 6, 2015, 11:23 PM
J/K, with the exception of 2 (one who requested to be on the list), the people on that list are just users who have been nothing but trolls towards me, so I'm just sparing myself the flame wars.

Yeah, it's not like I answered dozens of questions of yours and only started getting annoyed with you because you kept asking the same questions repeatedly after being told how to figure them out for yourself.

I hope everyone that reads your posts is aware of what a self-absorbed asshole you are.

the_importer_
Sep 6, 2015, 11:23 PM
also your question could've easily fitted in quick question thread, now this thread about how dumb your sig is lmao

Perhaps, but now it has a double function, it shows how a person with nothing positive to say can get on my list.

un1t27
Sep 7, 2015, 12:22 AM
7 > The rest of those worthless creations.

Qualia
Sep 7, 2015, 12:27 AM
At this rate, your list will include literally every active member on this forum.

Mattykins
Sep 7, 2015, 12:28 AM
Can I be on the list please? I hate being left out >:c

[Ayumi]
Sep 7, 2015, 12:34 AM
7 > The rest of those worthless creations.

QFT.

Also don't get why the topic had to even go this route.
That, or why even bother that someone has an ignore list made public.

---
On my ignore list: Huey, Zeno, Luther, Io, Karin, Lubert, Lottie

Zorua
Sep 7, 2015, 12:42 AM
;3289946']
On my ignore list: .. Io
Io
Io

O hell naw. Gurl, we gunna have to fite now.

the_importer_
Sep 7, 2015, 08:29 AM
I would still rather you don't have it there at all personally.

and by "rather" i mean to go ahead and remove it.

You are of course entitled to your opinion on my signature, but I check the rules before doing it, nowhere does it state that this is not permitted. What is not permitted is pretty much dog pilling on someone for any reasons and yet, people here still do this. Sure, you mods remove the posts, but the harm was still done and since they keep doing it, I guess there are no consequences to their action.

Silencing people is pretty much the only tool you have on the Internet against these sort of things these days.

Misaki Ki
Sep 7, 2015, 09:56 AM
It's usually considered a form of trolling, which is why you don't typically see lists such as that.

Squal_FFVIII
Sep 7, 2015, 09:59 AM
All this butthurtness over a ignore list?

the_importer_
Sep 7, 2015, 10:08 AM
It's usually considered a form of trolling, which is why you don't typically see lists such as that.

You are also entitled to your opinion, but I personally see it as a way to completely remove any sort of unnecessary flame wars. I would hope that anyone seeing their names in there would not take their time to reply. Since most people on that list are people who were just negative towards me in the first place, I see this as a good thing.

As I told Sayara, I've seen no consequences to people action's so far. If I don't do this, this is what the cycle is like:

1- I post something
2- Some negative person doesn't like what I posted, so he flame baits or trolls
3- I reply back contradicting what he said
4- Flame war starts
5- Mod intervenes, removes posts
6- En results: the negative person still managed to get his jollies on and can keep posting on this forum

Now with my way:

1- I post something
2- Some negative person doesn't like what I posted, sees that I can't see his reply and moves on
3- ???
4- Profit

Misaki Ki
Sep 7, 2015, 10:14 AM
It isn't my opinion though. My opinion is that it doesn't bother me, and I don't care for it. What I think about it doesn't change how it's received and how the lists are often dealt with.

Each time you post is disruptive, and each time antagonizing the people you listed. The fact that this conversation is going on right now is proof to the former.

And personally, if someone posts something you don't like, you're not obligated to reply in an equally bad manner. That's on you.

the_importer_
Sep 7, 2015, 10:21 AM
It isn't my opinion though. My opinion is that it doesn't bother me, and I don't care for it. What I think about it doesn't change how it's received and how the lists are often dealt with.

Each time you post is disruptive, and each time antagonizing the people you listed. The fact that this conversation is going on right now is proof to the former.

And personally, if someone posts something you don't like, you're not obligated to reply in an equally bad manner. That's on you.

I still see that the person replied with something, it's just that I can't see the content of their posts and since I don't see any in this post, it means that it works. As for letting someone get away with a negative post, where's the justice in that? Ya I can report him, but he'll just do it again next time.

If a cop came to see you and said "don't bother locking your doors or turning on your security system, it's illegal for people to burgle", you would reply "ya it's illegal, but they still do it".

Misaki Ki
Sep 7, 2015, 10:38 AM
I wouldn't exactly be looking for justice in random forum fights. There's none to be found! None! And I implore you, no random analogies. They're ill-fitted and misused in these simple matters, as is here, given the scale and subject between the two. (I'll probably only give this a couple more replies before I move on, since there really isn't much to say on this whole thing.)

Also, Sayara is being kind to you if you overlooked it. They're letting you remove it yourself rather than force it off, which is the norm. Sayara is so nice~

Maronji
Sep 7, 2015, 10:42 AM
I'm just going to leave my hibernation for a second to point something out but...

See, you're operating under the assumption that everyone on your list has signatures turned on. You realize you can actually turn signatures off, thereby defeating the purpose of the list, right? Then what?

Not that I'm saying that people turn signatures off as if it's the norm, but it is something to take into consideration.

the_importer_
Sep 7, 2015, 10:59 AM
I wouldn't exactly be looking for justice in random forum fights. There's none to be found! None! And I implore you, no random analogies. They're ill-fitted and misused in these simple matters, as is here, given the scale and subject between the two. (I'll probably only give this a couple more replies before I move on, since there really isn't much to say on this whole thing.)

I know, been on the Internet long enough, doesn't mean you stop trying.

Also, Sayara is being kind to you if you overlooked it. They're letting you remove it yourself rather than force it off, which is the norm. Sayara is so nice~

As stated before, I respect Sayara's opinion on the matter, but it is still an opinion, not a forum rule. If my signature gets removed, I'll put it back and if I get banned, so be it, at lease I would have gone down fighting.

I'm just going to leave my hibernation for a second to point something out but...

See, you're operating under the assumption that everyone on your list has signatures turned on. You realize you can actually turn signatures off, thereby defeating the purpose of the list, right? Then what?

Not that I'm saying that people turn signatures off as if it's the norm, but it is something to take into consideration.

So far so good, guess time will tell.

Evangelion X.XX
Sep 7, 2015, 11:06 AM
It's the_importer's perogative to have a "ignore list" in his signature as there are no rules on PSOW against it. And if a person finds his posts disagreeable, they have no obligation to reply, and, in practicality, shouldn't: why waste their time responding and getting angry over petty little things, let alone over a game? Folks, there are bigger things to worry about in the world, that is, in real life. Many of the "flame wars" on PSOW are initiated because of egos and a lack of empathy and understanding toward their fellow brothers; if only we can resolve ourselves to be a little more patient and humble, if only we can resolve ourselves to just stop and listen, I mean really listen; everyone is different, all we can ever do is to try to understand where they're coming from and accept them (within reasonable bounds).

As for the_importer's remark: "As for letting someone get away with a negative post, where's the justice in that?" My response is: as what Nietzsche said, it's not your job to be a perpetual fly-swat in the market place. Focus on yourself, focus on improving yourself (in fact, if you want to help the world, help yourself); the world can take care of itself, the negative poster is only hurting himself. Don't worry so much about other people, focus on being the best person that you can be.

Maronji
Sep 7, 2015, 11:11 AM
And if a person finds his posts disagreeable, they have no obligation to reply, and, in practicality, shouldn't
Interesting point, with one important distinction: it goes both ways.

A general statement, mind you, but a statement nonetheless.

Z-0
Sep 7, 2015, 11:18 AM
My only issue is that Kondibon is on that list

i mean

what the fuck how does she get herself on that sort of list... ?

Evangelion X.XX
Sep 7, 2015, 11:23 AM
I've been a long lurker of this forum and I must say that Kondibon, Bellion, Unlucky (doesn't post anymore), and Sir Giggawatts (doesn't post anymore) are probably the sanest, nicest, most helpful members of PSOW (not to say that there aren't any members who aren't helpful these days).

Edit:

Oh yeah, and also TaigaUC

the_importer_
Sep 7, 2015, 11:24 AM
My only issue is that Kondibon is on that list

i mean

what the fuck how does she get herself on that sort of list... ?

Because she asked for it, literally, she asked me to put her on the list.

[Ayumi]
Sep 7, 2015, 11:31 AM
Almost 3 pages about someone's signature.
Even weirder as the whole ignore list didn't just pop up few days ago as as long as I've seen the_imposter_ posting, I've seen that ignore list in their signature.

Why is this just being noticed?

the_importer_
Sep 7, 2015, 11:44 AM
;3290032']Almost 3 pages about someone's signature.
Even weirder as the whole ignore list didn't just pop up few days ago as as long as I've seen the_imposter_ posting, I've seen that ignore list in their signature.

Having everything in one post (Quick Question) makes a forum sort of dull since there's very little movements. People are trying to find something to do I guess. I try to start new topics to get people talking (except for this one cause I needed help with something), but ya, most of the time, the topic starts going in another direction, even if it is against forum rules to do so.

LonelyGaruga
Sep 7, 2015, 12:05 PM
;3290032']Almost 3 pages about someone's signature.

It's been talked about before actually. There were also more posts in the thread but Sayara removed them.

TaigaUC
Sep 7, 2015, 12:12 PM
I thought it was pretty hilarious that Kondibon asked to be on the list.

@Evangelion
Thanks.

the_importer_
Sep 7, 2015, 01:13 PM
I thought it was pretty hilarious that Kondibon asked to be on the list.

@Evangelion
Thanks.

I don't recall any beef with her, but I wasn't gonna start one by refusing her request.

Asuka~
Sep 7, 2015, 01:45 PM
Can you add me to it as well. Thanks in advance.

Noblewine
Sep 7, 2015, 05:22 PM
Popularity has it drawbacks. lulz.

Sayara
Sep 7, 2015, 05:29 PM
Oh thats where this went. Forum Monsters at work

Zorafim
Sep 7, 2015, 10:15 PM
PSO2 forum is as slow as always I see.

TaigaUC
Sep 7, 2015, 11:54 PM
That's a shame, because I gave some pretty helpful advice in it.
Now it won't help anyone else.

Nitro Vordex
Sep 9, 2015, 12:27 AM
I find it funny that most of those people on that list have acceptable and (usually) correct advice.

So I'm just gonna assume that he either forgets what they told him, or doesn't like their answer, even if they put truth.

...which is just silly, really. If you don't like negativity, or truth, or whatever, I don't think you should be on the internet. And as far as I know, that's not really a service to the people you ignored. It's also defeating the purpose of ignoring them, as you're still indirectly associating with them. Telling someone you're ignoring them isn't being nice, or ignoring them. You're just being antagonistic.

And that's against the rules. :wacko:

ShinMaruku
Sep 11, 2015, 10:46 AM
http://tera-cdn1.enmasse-game.com/datastore/images/2015/02/10/00/39/15/478/Costume_Header.jpg

Volcompat321
Sep 18, 2015, 04:31 PM
You're just being antagonistic.

And that's against the rules. :wacko:

Something the guy overlooked... Apparently. :wacko:

Freshellent
Sep 20, 2015, 12:53 AM
I'm starting to like the new posters here, it's a weird case of insanity that I can't seem to explain or find anywhere else. There's nothing like this place, it's special in the all the right and wrong ways.

On topic tho:

Wtf, Volcom is still around?

Volcompat321
Sep 23, 2015, 08:24 PM
On topic tho:

Wtf, Volcom is still around?

I'm around every once in a while.
I like making an appearance once a year at the least.
:wacko:

ChocoboRRR
Oct 11, 2015, 04:51 PM
I recommend adding Un1t27 on ignore list as well, standing with him will likely end up like the Maninbluejumpsuit who got blacklisted on first sight at 2ch. Know what I means? :D

shagia
Oct 11, 2015, 08:57 PM
looks like i missed a lot lol

Cyron Tanryoku
Oct 11, 2015, 10:03 PM
why shagia link me to this thread???
like what its got to do with me???????????

Cyron Tanryoku
Oct 11, 2015, 10:07 PM
and tbh why is this a thread its a sig, sigs are always attention seeking in some form

shagia
Oct 11, 2015, 10:10 PM
why shagia link me to this thread???
like what its got to do with me???????????

it was my plan on getting you back into pso

yoshiblue
Oct 11, 2015, 10:33 PM
it was my plan on getting you back into pso

So how's that investment looking?

shagia
Oct 11, 2015, 11:05 PM
Not good, Yoshi.

Not good.

Sayara
Oct 12, 2015, 05:44 AM
You have a better chance to win the lottery fella