PDA

View Full Version : Returning Player Questions~

cirnothegreat
Sep 8, 2015, 12:44 PM
Had a few questions..
Last time i played was around the time the dewman race got added i think?
Had a lvl 50-ish Techer.
Got account locked due to not being able to access my old email so i started fresh.
So had some questions!

1-Regarding mags and classes, Is it better to just make a character for r-atk/t-atk/& s-atk?
Im having trouble making up my mind between going Gunner/Techer-force/bouncer.
Pretty sure attempting to split a mag three ways would be a devastating screw up ahah.
Is there any way to get AC that doesnt involve using a go between site that charges outrageously insane prices for decent ammounts of AC? a poster at dfonexus told me that its possible to charge through the android version of pso2es but not the ios version? sadly my android phone suffered fall damage so no dice there @_@

2-What are some decent things to look out for on ship 2 as far as lowbie items to make cash off of?
got lucky and snagged 3 of the 3-day shop passes with my daily fun uses so i'd like to make the most of them C:

3-What are these new mission thingies?
When lvling i saw some "Challenge" quest and Chaotic Beguiler under level-up quest that reccomends lvl 20+? I don't remember seeing those before so any info would be cool beans ^^

4-With the current updates what are the best cross classes/builds to go along with Techer & Gunner?
I was thinking Te-Fo/Te-Bo & Gu-Ra/Gu-Hu?

Any replies are much appreciated <3

-Cirno

Anduril
Sep 8, 2015, 01:15 PM
General Mag advice is to have pure ones rather than trying to mix stats.
Yes, you can buy AC via the Android mobile game PSO2es (http://www.bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-es-smartphone-version-guide/) and its charge is based on current exchange rates between JPY and your local currency, with applicable taxes. If you don't have an Android device, you can use an emulator like Bluestacks on your PC.

Mostly anything you can get from FUN scratch related to weapon enhancement (except grinders and Ability +5%). Also, the new Daily Quest boost they gave with the release of Ep.3 is a decent source of income; I did 17 DOs today that I had collected throughout the week and ended up getting ≈2million meseta from an hour and a half of solo play just from their payout.

Challenge Quests are quests that strip you of all gear, skills, and levels and have you go through a series of missions; the reward being Challenge Miles which can be used to trade in for 13★ weapons as well as other items.
Chaotic Beguiler is part of a new category called Level-Up Quests, which are old LQs that are brought back for a limited time and aimed at having a place for people to level until they can do XH content.
Fo/Te is basically a beast, especially with the release of Composite Techs, the Elemental Conversion skill, and various weapons whose potentials boost Elemental Tech damage. Other than that, you can check the Guides Subforum (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45)and investigate for yourself.

cirnothegreat
Sep 8, 2015, 01:30 PM
General Mag advice is to have pure ones rather than trying to mix stats.
You can buy AC via the Android mobile game . If you don't have an Android device, you can use an emulator like Bluestacks.

Mostly anything you can get from FUN scratch related to weapon enhancement (except grinders and Ability +5%). Also, the new Daily Quest boost they gave with the release of Ep.3 is a decent source of income.

Challenge Quests are quests that strip you of all gear, skills, and levels and have you go through a series of missions; the reward being Challenge Miles which can be used to trade in for 13★ weapons as well as other items.
Chaotic Beguiler is part of a new category called Level-Up Quests, which are old LQs that are brought back for a limited time and aimed at having a place for people to level until they can do XH content.
Fo/Te is basically a beast, especially with the release of Composite Techs, the Elemental Conversion skill, and various weapons whose potentials boost Elemental Tech damage. Other than that, you can check the and investigate for yourself.

Sweetness! :)
I didn't think using an emulated version would work nice to know.

Okie dokie any specific items that go well right now or should i just look up those type of items at cirnopedia and check going prices?

Nice.
Thank you for the information <3
Is the best leveling for using the "Level-Up" zones just go in an hope other people are doing it similar to EQ's? or is it easy enough to solo?
Yikes challenge mode sounds irksome ._.
Nice to know that force still kicks ass C:
have to level it up some after i get access to subclass (still like lvl 16)
Yeh i browsed there but theres just SO many topics and SO many pages to sift through ahah.

Anduril
Sep 8, 2015, 01:37 PM
Sweetness! :)
I didn't think using an emulated version would work nice to know.

Okie dokie any specific items that go well right now or should i just look up those type of items at cirnopedia and check going prices?

Nice.
Thank you for the information <3
Is the best leveling for using the "Level-Up" zones just go in an hope other people are doing it similar to EQ's? or is it easy enough to solo?
Yikes challenge mode sounds irksome ._.
Nice to know that force still kicks ass C:
have to level it up some after i get access to subclass (still like lvl 16)
Yeh i browsed there but theres just SO many topics and SO many pages to sift through ahah.
I would investigate prices before using your passes since the market can shift, especially right before and after a new AC scratch.
At a low level, you might just be better off running through the area unlocks solo grabbing as many COs as you can until you hit VH. And yeah, it is pretty much like an EQ of running around in a circle hoping for enough people to join to be able to have a decent PSE Burst, though in the case of this LQ, there is also hoping to get Nyau to call bosses so they drop Badges to then trade in for 13★s and Weapon camos.

cirnothegreat
Sep 8, 2015, 02:02 PM
I would investigate prices before using your passes since the market can shift, especially right before and after a new AC scratch.
At a low level, you might just be better off running through the area unlocks solo grabbing as many COs as you can until you hit VH. And yeah, it is pretty much like an EQ of running around in a circle hoping for enough people to join to be able to have a decent PSE Burst, though in the case of this EQ, there is also hoping to get Nyau to call bosses so they drop Badges to then trade in for 13★s and Weapon camos.

Yeah figured as much.
I've always been horribad at playing the market @_@
Hopefully i can make something decent off them.
Probly just save them for later when its not a waste haha.
I just miss having a cute outfite and decent ammount of techs x_x;
Ahhh...
what are those used for or where?
i got like 6 of them randomly as red drops but no clue what to do with the badges xD.

Anduril
Sep 8, 2015, 02:34 PM
Yeah figured as much.
I've always been horribad at playing the market @_@
Hopefully i can make something decent off them.
Probly just save them for later when its not a waste haha.
I just miss having a cute outfite and decent ammount of techs x_x;
Ahhh...
what are those used for or where?
i got like 6 of them randomly as red drops but no clue what to do with the badges xD.
In the Shop area, down at the Badge and Memories Shop you can trade them in. Here's a Listing (http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E4%BA%A4%E6%8F%9B%E3%82%B7%E3%83%A7%E3% 83%83%E3%83%97%2F%E3%83%90%E3%83%83%E3%83%82%EF%BC %86%E3%83%A1%E3%83%A2%E3%83%AA%E4%BA%A4%E6%8F%9B%E 3%82%B7%E3%83%A7%E3%83%83%E3%83%97#e8ef8ff5) (Google Translated) (http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&prev=search&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ja&u=http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php%3F%25E4%25BA%25A4%25E6%258F%259B%25E3%25 82%25B7%25E3%2583%25A7%25E3%2583%2583%25E3%2583%25 97%252F%25E3%2583%2590%25E3%2583%2583%25E3%2583%25 82%25EF%25BC%2586%25E3%2583%25A1%25E3%2583%25A2%25 E3%2583%25AA%25E4%25BA%25A4%25E6%258F%259B%25E3%25 82%25B7%25E3%2583%25A7%25E3%2583%2583%25E3%2583%25 97&usg=ALkJrhh8_aOKFca3ceEKM0oIky-akojvpQ#e8ef8ff5).