PDA

View Full Version : What's the point in ARKS Road?

SasoriHanamura
Sep 8, 2015, 03:15 PM
Is there any real reason to do them? Cause it just seems rather tedious if you ask me. If there's no true reason to do them, could someone tell me how to turn off the waypoint thing in the lobby, if there is a way?

Anduril
Sep 8, 2015, 03:21 PM
You can get a few useful items, and it helps familiarize new players with different aspects of the game. Obviously, this is more beneficial to native Japanese players since they can actually read and understand everything that it is telling them to do. (At one point it was translated, but I believe game file changes have since caused it to no longer be)
To turn off the waypoint, under Basic Settings, go to Navigation Icon Display.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/AndurilCh/PSOWorld/pso20150121_170252_000_zpsf437a988.png[/spoiler-box]

[spoiler]I'm just going to stop bothering to tell people to use the Quick Questions Thread... *sigh*

yoshiblue
Sep 8, 2015, 03:29 PM
Eh. A bunch of exp tickets, a 250% rare boost or a +2 grind reduction; its up to you if its worth all the work.

Yeah, I kind of did the same a good while back.

SasoriHanamura
Sep 8, 2015, 03:32 PM
Actually it is translated, so I know what it wants me to do. But okay. I don't think it's really worth it.

kurokyosuke
Sep 8, 2015, 05:59 PM
Actually it is translated, so I know what it wants me to do. But okay. I don't think it's really worth it.

You don't think it's worth learning about the game's features and mechanics--which many people complain is too complicated to learn about--with a method that guides you through the basics of it all in a way that's easy to understand.

Okay.

LunaSolstice
Sep 8, 2015, 09:25 PM
For freebies,that and to help newbies. But majority of the tasks are already things you do normally in the game anyways lol

chikko1988
Sep 8, 2015, 11:41 PM
Its like what they said...

Arks Road is optional, you're not really required to do it unless a new comer to the Phantasy Star Online series comes and play the game.

Benefits?:
1. Objective Rewards
2. New Comers getting familiar with the game's mechanics.
3. Achievement Rewards

So is it not worth it? Depends on the player. If you are aiming for the 500+ Title Achievements then I say don't neglect the Arks Road.

yoshiblue
Sep 8, 2015, 11:51 PM
Free cat tail if you do the quiz at least.

the_importer_
Sep 9, 2015, 12:13 AM
I'm just going to stop bothering to tell people to use the Quick Questions Thread...

I said over a year ago and I'll say it again, a one stop topic for questions is a bad idea. A forum is suppose to have posts, that's the entire idea behind the concept. What's worst, it makes people who are looking to search to see if their question have been posted in the past practically impossible.

Doing a search for keywords in a post and getting good results is hard enough, imagine in a never ending topic. If we could search by topic title, it would help, but we can't because we have no topic titles. How many times do you think the same questions were asked in the Quick Question Topic? If you want to make an FAQ, make an FAQ cause the Quick Question Topic sure is not one.

Etherwolf
Sep 9, 2015, 12:57 AM
They call it a beginner's guide for a reason...

Perfect Chaos
Sep 9, 2015, 05:14 AM
I'm just going to stop bothering to tell people to use the Quick Questions Thread... *sigh*If people stop answering the questions when such a thread is made, and just link to the Quick Questions Thread, then maybe the new threads will stop, eventually... Maybe... (But I still doubt it... LOL)

I said over a year ago and I'll say it again, a one stop topic for questions is a bad idea. A forum is suppose to have posts, that's the entire idea behind the concept. What's worst, it makes people who are looking to search to see if their question have been posted in the past practically impossible.

Doing a search for keywords in a post and getting good results is hard enough, imagine in a never ending topic. If we could search by topic title, it would help, but we can't because we have no topic titles. How many times do you think the same questions were asked in the Quick Question Topic? If you want to make an FAQ, make an FAQ cause the Quick Question Topic sure is not one.To be fair, the majority of the time, the people that make these threads to ask a simple question won't bother to actually do a little research. If they did do a little searching around, then they would probably know of the Quick Questions Thread. Also would explain why there's bound to be a thread during each week's maintenance period asking why the servers are down.
So having an easier time searching for said question won't stop people from just making a new thread to ask...

Then there are those cases where people search for a topic, find a really old thread with out-dated information, and think it's still good information. In those cases, they would have been just better off asking in the Quick Questions Thread. And to make it worse, sometimes they bump that thread for others to see outdated information...

Gama
Sep 9, 2015, 10:26 AM
ir prevents noobs from trolling the forums.

not much tho.

the_importer_
Sep 9, 2015, 11:51 AM
To be fair, the majority of the time, the people that make these threads to ask a simple question won't bother to actually do a little research. If they did do a little searching around, then they would probably know of the Quick Questions Thread. Also would explain why there's bound to be a thread during each week's maintenance period asking why the servers are down.
So having an easier time searching for said question won't stop people from just making a new thread to ask...

Then there are those cases where people search for a topic, find a really old thread with out-dated information, and think it's still good information. In those cases, they would have been just better off asking in the Quick Questions Thread. And to make it worse, sometimes they bump that thread for others to see outdated information...

To be fair for newcomers, what are their tools to do a search? A never ending Quick Question topic which is hard to search in, an outdated Cirnopedia or a Japanese Wiki? Non of these are very friendly tools for newcomers.

Zorafim
Sep 9, 2015, 11:53 AM
A forum is suppose to have posts, that's the entire idea behind the concept.

I think I agree. The PSO2 kinda stagnates past a couple of topics. It would be nice to see more created, but there seems to be an attitude here that new topics are a bad thing.
Creating a new topic also creates more opportunity for discussion, which is lost on the questions thread.

KLMS1
Sep 9, 2015, 12:01 PM
"Discussion" more often than not seems to read as "industrial scale salt mining" 'round these parts though... :v

Zorafim
Sep 9, 2015, 12:02 PM
That is, unfortunately, a good point. By page ten we're either at each other's throats or talking about the newest episode of Sherlock.

KLMS1
Sep 9, 2015, 12:06 PM
Eh. Discussions wander naturally off-topic if people find something more interesting (or at least entertaining).

Zorafim
Sep 9, 2015, 12:21 PM
Also a good point. I've never understood why topics have been closed for being off topic, when there's nothing left to say about the original topic. Then they're moved to a forum where nobody frequents, never to be visited or spoken of again. Then everyone returns to browsing the main forum, looking for something new to talk about.