PDA

View Full Version : New Kuron EQ

LunaSolstice
Sep 12, 2015, 07:17 PM
Whats your opinion on it? I feel like its way too short,feels like the shortest free field type EQ I've ever been in. Its even shorter than the actual Kuron free field lol

Rakurai
Sep 12, 2015, 07:27 PM
I don't mind a short quest.

The 13* zone drops, Kuronia stones, and guaranteed Gal Gryphon make it plenty worth doing to me.

Hysteria1987
Sep 12, 2015, 07:32 PM
It's pretty ordinary to me- it doesn't do anything new or exciting. Like Rakurai said, though, there's nothing wrong with a guaranteed Gryphon spawn, I reckon that was about due.

Maenara
Sep 12, 2015, 07:49 PM
I wonder how long it'll be before Gal Gryphon starts to spawn randomly in normal quests? Or is this Sega's solution to incentivizing event EQs now?

KLMS1
Sep 12, 2015, 07:50 PM
It's straighforward, compact and to the point. No bullshit gimmickry à la Hotwheels, no MPAs scattering all over the map, and short enough to be reliably doable with multiple toons.
Also has decent drops (or at least the possibility thereof) and the associated Xie COs are nice enough.

Not seeing anything to complain about.

un1t27
Sep 12, 2015, 08:19 PM
Nothing special.

Xaelouse
Sep 12, 2015, 08:58 PM
Seems to have nice payout, too bad it's yet another EQ that only happens a few times a day. The last exciting content this year are all EQs.

Skornedemon
Sep 12, 2015, 09:53 PM
Well, I personally really enjoyed it. However...I'm a bit biased.

My first run consisted of running forward,and (brace yourselves for my group's codenames of enemies) Electric Dog was just chilling there,so everyone leveled instantly. Proceeding onwards we obtained the entire Brisa set. After that the rare Spider B**** and rare OldManWheels came to town, we all got the 12* sword from the spider. Then gal gryphon showed at the end. I got his 13* Jetboots right then and there.

It was a good first run. I even forgot to use a 250% drop boost~

Maenara
Sep 12, 2015, 11:41 PM
Ran the EQ three times just now, got 12* twin daggers and 13* Gal TMG from a non-rare Gryphon, along with 16 cubes and 3 spheres, so I'm liking it.

yoshiblue
Sep 12, 2015, 11:45 PM
Its interesting. Not sure if I like the purple or white jump pads more. Always fun to see people try to rush to Nyau.

WEED420BLAZEIT
Sep 12, 2015, 11:59 PM
got 3 13* meme gal from one gyryphon gel

nyau is very based in this eq

TaigaUC
Sep 13, 2015, 12:07 AM
Gryphon is SEgA's way of saying "here's your chance for a 13 star, now come do this shit until we can be bothered making better new content".

Seriously. That's what I thought from a while back.
Moreso when they got really upset at people getting Gryphon's stuff from Beach too easily.
They fixed that shit nearly instantly. It's clearly an important trump card to them to keep people Gryphoning for the time being.

pkemr4
Sep 13, 2015, 12:11 AM
got a 29 light ele Gal DS from first run non-rare

Anduril
Sep 13, 2015, 12:11 AM
I just ran it for the first time, even got 4 runs in. While my super-shitty luck doesn't allow me to get anything over an 11★, I found it enjoyable; then again, I have always been more of a fan of the linear EQs.

Lumpen Thingy
Sep 13, 2015, 12:16 AM
its fast,gives me stones and badges,and a chance at gel 13 stars........what is the issue with this EQ?

Meteor Weapon
Sep 13, 2015, 12:27 AM
It's repetitive and it get's boring easily. Then again that's just me.

I did it once then stopped caring about it, 13* or not.

pkemr4
Sep 13, 2015, 12:30 AM
i hear 6 runs is possible?

Rayden
Sep 13, 2015, 01:41 AM
This EQ almost rains 13 stars. It's really great.

Does anyone know if there's a timed ability that works in Kuron?

TaigaUC
Sep 13, 2015, 01:57 AM
I haven't tried it yet. Are the Gryphon 13 stars that good?
I pretty much just use Ideal Knuckles to flatten everything now, so I'm kinda not eager to blow all my cash upgrading more 13 stars.
Super lazy to do Zieg's weekly orders, too.

Maenara
Sep 13, 2015, 02:06 AM
I haven't tried it yet. Are the Gryphon 13 stars that good?
I pretty much just use Ideal Knuckles to flatten everything now, so I'm kinda not eager to blow all my cash upgrading more 13 stars.
Super lazy to do Zieg's weekly orders, too.

Some of them are extremely good, others not so much.

Unnamed Player
Sep 13, 2015, 03:22 AM
It should have been a LQ.

Achelousaurus
Sep 13, 2015, 03:31 AM
I think it's pretty fun.
The jumppads are neat but as always come with the risk off leaving rares behind.
Had it happen a couple of times cause lag delayed my map and it didn't show anything or simply cause so many grey and colored dots on the map hid the tiny red one.

I even got a Gryphon rare for once, if only the rod for which I got zero use.

Qualia
Sep 13, 2015, 11:36 AM
I got a 13* skull rifle from a rappy. Saved me 400 stones, so worth it.

Achelousaurus
Sep 13, 2015, 02:34 PM
From a Rappy.
XD

Rayden
Sep 17, 2015, 01:40 PM
Did Sega silently nerf this EQ? For a while when they first added it it seemed amazingly good, with great spawn rates for Gel and Mr Bowan and was almost raining 13 stars. Now it just seems dead. Haven't even seen a single Gel or Mr Bowan in around a week now, and no 13 stars. It doesn't seem like there's any point even running it now.

Maenara
Sep 17, 2015, 01:41 PM
I haven't seen a single Mr. Bowan in this EQ at all. Seen 3 Gels in about ~5 appearances of the EQ.

Qualia
Sep 17, 2015, 01:51 PM
It doesn't seem like there's any point even running it now.

Faster Kuron stones.

Dammy
Sep 17, 2015, 02:00 PM
same excubes as TD, chance of 13* from boss, chance of 13* from area drop, no effort at all
yeah, this sucks

Naoya Kiriyama
Sep 17, 2015, 02:02 PM
Did Sega silently nerf this EQ? For a while when they first added it it seemed amazingly good, with great spawn rates for Gel and Mr Bowan and was almost raining 13 stars. Now it just seems dead. Haven't even seen a single Gel or Mr Bowan in around a week now, and no 13 stars. It doesn't seem like there's any point even running it now.

You know, wouldn't be surprised if they silently nerfed it, they did a small patch for this maintenance (which I suppose it was for the new Artbook items) but then again, there was a ninja nerf on Hatou months ago.

I've seen only Mr Boing once and few rare gals, but I thought there's always Gal at the end of the road after Nyau. Did it got changed after maintenance? Haven't played EQ after maintenance

Maenara
Sep 17, 2015, 02:06 PM
same excubes as TD, chance of 13* from boss, chance of 13* from area drop, no effort at all
yeah, this sucks

Not to mention a massive number of 12* area drops in addition to the 12* rifle from Nyau and 12* talis from Gal.

Mattykins
Sep 17, 2015, 02:10 PM
Someone in my party got the gal bow when we ran it last night, so it seems fine?

HaxMega
Sep 17, 2015, 02:16 PM

Sounds like you might have just gotten lucky the first week. EQ seems the same to me. Gotten Gal boots and the Skull Katana after around 20 or so EQ periods. I've seen 3 Bowans and 6 Gels in however many runs I did.

Shady3011
Sep 17, 2015, 06:36 PM
The only thing I've noticed is PUGs tend to ignore a lot of mobs and break boss crystals which adversely affects the number of drops from Gal at the end. I'm pretty much just rushing to the end now as everything that isn't a 13* is a waste of time.

Mattykins
Sep 17, 2015, 08:04 PM
I know there's a strat for one person to rush to the end and summon Nyau as quickly as possible, especially when they need to squeeze one last run out of the night.

Unnamed Player
Sep 18, 2015, 09:58 AM
Is this quest here to stay or is it seasonal like wind and rain?

pkemr4
Sep 18, 2015, 10:14 AM

haven't seen bowan since my first run of it which got me a gal DS
no further 13*s have dropped for me since

Perfect Chaos
Sep 18, 2015, 10:46 AM
Is this quest here to stay or is it seasonal like wind and rain?It's only temporary, unfortunately. I wish it was permanent. But then people would never do the Shironia one when a Harukotan Planet EQ comes. (Not like people were doing it recently before this one came, though.)

haven't seen bowan since my first run of it which got me a gal DS
no further 13*s have dropped for me sinceI saw him for the first time in this EQ in the session that just passed. Unfortunately, no Gels during that run. Gels appeared in the run right before that one though, but no 13*. If only they were during the same run...

But I've recently gotten more Gels than I did during the first week of its introduction, so it's just RNG making people think that it's "nerfed".

Someone in my party got the gal bow when we ran it last night, so it seems fine?I also got a Bow from Gels last night during the unscheduled one. LOL That makes 4 of 4 13* from Gels that were off-class for me... >_<

HaxMega
Sep 18, 2015, 11:15 AM
I also got a Bow from Gels last night during the unscheduled one. LOL That makes 4 of 4 13* from Gels that were off-class for me... >_<

Yeah, I'd swear there is no class bonus with Gal weapons but RNG can just be fickle. I'm 0/9 for on class drops from Gal.

EvilMag
Sep 18, 2015, 11:46 AM
Yeah, I'd swear there is no class bonus with Gal weapons but RNG can just be fickle. I'm 0/9 for on class drops from Gal.

There isn't. I've gotten every single gal 13* except the Wand off my techer as well as another rod and bow. >_>

Lorne
Sep 18, 2015, 01:42 PM
It's only temporary, unfortunately.
I thought it was permanent, as I haven't seen any mention of it being temporary. Do you have a source for this?

Perfect Chaos
Sep 18, 2015, 01:45 PM
There isn't. I've gotten every single gal 13* except the Wand off my techer as well as another rod and bow. >_>All I want is the Rod, yet I kept hearing others that don't want it having two of them... >_<
Troll RNG is Troll RNG.

I thought it was permanent, as I haven't seen any mention of it being temporary. Do you have a source for this?HERE (http://www.bumped.org/psublog/dress-up-as-hacker-and-lucier-in-pso2s-7th-dragon-collaboration/) under "Kuron Emergency Quest", it says, "This quest will be available for a limited time, departing from our servers on October 14th, 2015."

Lorne
Sep 18, 2015, 01:54 PM
That's disappointing. :( Thanks.

[Ayumi]
Sep 18, 2015, 04:23 PM
I just want the boots.
Already got my mechs, rod, and wand.
I did get the bow, doublesaber, and something else I can't remember but I never wanted them as I don't like Braver and play Fighter as a hunter (leveling Fighter only for Hunter as I hate Fighter).

Then again I could use a 3rd wand.

Shady3011
Sep 18, 2015, 05:58 PM
It's only temporary, unfortunately. I wish it was permanent. But then people would never do the Shironia one when a Harukotan Planet EQ comes. (Not like people were doing it recently before this one came, though.)

Hot Wheels EQ is trash tier.

BTW, I've gotten 0 13* so far from this EQ. I'm pretty salty.

Perfect Chaos
Sep 18, 2015, 10:02 PM
Hot Wheels EQ is trash tier.When RotW is over, if they just replace GGG at the end with a Gryphon, people would suddenly start doing it again. LOL

[Ayumi]
Sep 18, 2015, 10:54 PM
When RotW is over, if they just replace GGG at the end with a Gryphon, people would suddenly start doing it again. LOL

I don't know a single person that would personally.

yoshiblue
Sep 18, 2015, 11:01 PM
Going to assume it would be to take advantage of the gunne unit market, since no triggers.