PDA

View Full Version : PC Trouble with Downloading Files

KroDragon
Sep 14, 2015, 04:37 AM
Recently my computer was reset to reinstall Windows so I had to redownload Tweaker. I was downloading the files but for some reason the download would have an error or something, then it'd open a pastebin or something and close Tweaker. I was at 27.18GB of 27.19GB downloaded so when I had reopened Tweaker I tried to resume Downloading the Patch, but it had said the patch data was not found.

I'm not sure what's going on, currently I'm reinstalling the patch and now it's just checking all the files, but I've had this problem constantly all day yesterday and I'm not sure what to do right now.

KroDragon
Sep 14, 2015, 04:55 AM
Also this is the pastebin link for those who can understand it: http:// www.pastebin.com/tFw66nAy

HentaiLolicon
Sep 14, 2015, 05:29 AM
Do a filecheck with original Launcher

KroDragon
Sep 14, 2015, 06:00 AM
Okay, I will try that right now and edit this post when it's finished.

EDIT1: My computer crashed at the 2 minute mark, I'm gunna have to retry again.

HentaiLolicon
Sep 14, 2015, 06:59 AM
:| check your PC first actually, stable one shouldn't crash while doing file check

KroDragon
Sep 14, 2015, 07:03 AM
:| check your PC first actually, stable one shouldn't crash while doing file check

I just got a reinstall of Windows the other day, also in not sure if this is a file check. When I opened the PSO2 Launcher from the pso2_bin folder, it started doing this "Work Progress" thing. It's that what I'm supposed to be doing?

HentaiLolicon
Sep 14, 2015, 07:11 AM
Have you installed everything yet? Like directX, NET.framework, vcredist, ect..?

KroDragon
Sep 14, 2015, 07:22 AM
I know I have DirecrX, when I installed the patch on Tweaker, it installed it for me, and I can confirm this when I tried to install it though the website it said I had the latest version. NETFrame I should have because Tweaker wouldn't run without it. I don't know what vcredist is so i don't think I have that and I'm not sure what else is necessary for the download to work.

However, I have noticed that I don't have version.ver and I think that might be causing the issue.

HentaiLolicon
Sep 14, 2015, 07:32 AM
That's why i told you to use Official Launcher to check files, it should return your pso2 folder to original state, but now I worry about your PC more. It shouldn't crash that easy

KroDragon
Sep 14, 2015, 07:35 AM
Maybe it was just a run in the mill moment, it's working fine now.

KroDragon
Sep 14, 2015, 08:28 AM
I did a file check and it said my data is the latest, it didn't download anything new.

KroDragon
Sep 14, 2015, 09:04 AM
Update : I think updating the game through the official patcher worked! Thank you so much for your help, I can run the game now.

Qualia
Sep 14, 2015, 10:02 AM
For future reference, post tech issues in the tech support sub-forum.