PDA

View Full Version : PSO2updater.exe problem

IronKrone
Sep 14, 2015, 08:15 AM
A friend of mine wanted to try playing PSO2 so I've been helping her install the game when we ran into a problem.

She keeps getting an error that says PSO2updater.exe access is denied. She tried file check and fix permission on tweaker but the problem persists.

Any suggestion on what to do?

jooozek
Sep 14, 2015, 09:00 AM
run tweaker as admin

IronKrone
Sep 14, 2015, 09:34 AM
She's already running it as admin...

Is there anything else?

jooozek
Sep 14, 2015, 10:19 AM
"Fix PSO2 EXEs" if already running as admin

IronKrone
Sep 15, 2015, 04:01 AM
That doesn't seem to be working either.

She's currently doing "Check PSO2 for update" on Tweaker. Haven't gotten back to me about it yet so maybe it's installing some files...

Edit: Nope, still nothing. I think she tried pretty much every single troubleshooting options on tweaker as admin.

jooozek
Sep 15, 2015, 07:32 AM
if she installed it to the default location (C:\Program Files (x86)) it might be causing the issue, moving the files to some other folder might help - no need to reinstall in that case, just appoint the bin folder in tweaker again after moving

IronKrone
Sep 15, 2015, 11:35 PM
She did have it installed it in Program Files so she did what you suggested. But that PSO2updater problem still persists...

Should she just try reinstalling?

HentaiLolicon
Sep 16, 2015, 12:08 AM
Take Ownership of that file then delete it then redownload with tweaker

jooozek
Sep 16, 2015, 03:02 AM
She did have it installed it in Program Files so she did what you suggested. But that PSO2updater problem still persists...

Should she just try reinstalling?
reinstalling the game won't help much, the issue with permission is related somehow to region settings/installed language of system iirc, she should skip the official launcher altogether and just launch the game from tweaker directly (since it's the official launcher that's botching up the permissions every time)

IronKrone
Sep 17, 2015, 08:13 PM
Thank you both for your help! She got through the updater problem but there's another problem now.
After the opening, PSO2 simply closes itself. File check doesn't help.

What should she try now?

HentaiLolicon
Sep 17, 2015, 10:08 PM
Learn how to read Event Viewers log first
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/open-event-viewer#1TC=windows-7
once you pinpoint the problem, use google or ask here

Nitro Vordex
Sep 18, 2015, 12:43 AM
Set PSO2 to run as admin in its folder, if you haven't already.