PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Game Crashing and (occasionally) Freezes Computer

KroDragon
Sep 15, 2015, 02:30 PM
Lately when I've been running PSO2, the game'll run fine for a little bit before I heard audio cuts into the music tracks. For me this usually indicates when the game is about to crash because about five minutes after they start, the game will crash and close straight to desktop without any warning or reason. Afterwards on OCCASION, my computer would then freeze and I am forced to do a hard reset onto it.

I am not sure what the problem could be, I've done a missing files check to see if that was the case, but it wasn't and I highly doubt that could've been the problem. I've tried switching between Ethernet from Wireless and that wasn't the problem either. I even have a cooling fan directly going into the computer to see if it was a heating issue, but even that hasn't worked so I'm fresh out of options.

If you need more information I'd be happy to tell you as much as I can. However my computer had just come from a re-installation of Windows 7 after the previous OS would fail to load sometimes. However this is a practically fresh new install that was pretty recent (about a week ago).

HentaiLolicon
Sep 15, 2015, 08:06 PM
Go to Control Panel -> Administrative Tool -> Event Viewer -> Custom Views -> Administrative Events, and see which one cause crashing. Also, are you using antivirus software

KroDragon
Sep 15, 2015, 08:33 PM
Go to Control Panel -> Administrative Tool -> Event Viewer -> Custom Views -> Administrative Events, and see which one cause crashing. Also, are you using antivirus software

Yes, I'm (sadly) using Symantic as Antivirus Software, one of the most strict Anti-virus software out there (I'm sure). But I've already whitelisted my pso2_bin file and my PSO2Tweaker location file.

I'll check through Event Viewer to see if I can find it.

KroDragon
Sep 15, 2015, 08:48 PM
Uh... I'm having trouble locating the actual time it happened on Event Viewer, so I'll have to check through event viewer when it happens again. Hopefully this thread'll stay open so I can update what I find once it does happen again.

HentaiLolicon
Sep 15, 2015, 08:59 PM
Locate the event with red X mark as it's critical, or any that mentions system hang/reboot then search up and down from that event, the one which causes hang/crash will be around

KroDragon
Sep 17, 2015, 10:03 AM
It happened to me around 6ish. I just checked the Event Viewer but there's nothing there to say that an error happened. It does show when I forcefully turned off the computer.

HentaiLolicon
Sep 17, 2015, 10:27 AM
If nothing's wrong with software, check hardware now. Check for RAM error, HDD corrupted data, temperature, voltage, ect...

KroDragon
Sep 17, 2015, 11:35 AM
If nothing's wrong with software, check hardware now. Check for RAM error, HDD corrupted data, temperature, voltage, ect...

How do I do that? Is it in BIOS?

HentaiLolicon
Sep 17, 2015, 08:03 PM
How about uninstalling antivirus to see if the freeze still persists?

Nitro Vordex
Sep 18, 2015, 12:46 AM
If you need more information I'd be happy to tell you as much as I can. However my computer had just come from a re-installation of Windows 7 after the previous OS would fail to load sometimes. However this is a practically fresh new install that was pretty recent (about a week ago).
If you've done a fresh install, I recommend making sure everything is up to date on the OS and on your graphics drivers. Also, do a file check on the tweaker, and also check on your antivirus to see if there's any events.

How fresh is your fresh install? Did you do a complete wipe?

KroDragon
Sep 18, 2015, 03:28 AM
It was a complete wipe, but now I'm positive is a hardware issue cuz I can't even boot my computer. Thanks for your help though.