PDA

View Full Version : [PS VITA] Install size

poumpoumk
Sep 16, 2015, 07:56 AM
Hi everyone !

As a huge fan of the first PSO, I finally decided to install PSO2 on my PC to play the japanese version with my friends a couple of weekgs ago. Thanks to the english patch we really are enjoying the game :)

I travel a lot so I also bought a ps vita specifically to play PSO2 with my friends as the game is cross platform. I've read a couple of topics here about the game size and I immediatly ordered a japanese game copy (PSO2 Episode 3) in order to play with my french PSN account AND to use the less possible space on my memory card. Unfortunately, I've just discovered that the game cartridge doesn't seem to contain "updates" :-o. I don't know if it contains absolutely no update or not everet updates .... I've also read that SEGA did a massive shrinking at some point...

So, just to be clear, can vita users help me to find the space needed in these cases ?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

/**************************
* SIZE USED ON MEMORY CARD *
Core game file : 3.1 gb (not needed if you have a game cartridge, no matter which episode)
Game updates file : 9 gb

Be aware that those are the final spaces used on the memory cards, you will probably need more space during the download/install process.

Right now (Episode 3), a 16 gb memory card is enough for both the full downloadable version and the game cartridge versions.
With the future Epiosde 4 perhaps 16gb memory card won't be enough...

ShinMegamiSensei
Sep 16, 2015, 08:30 AM
The ep3 cartridge is the exact same as the ep1 cartridge, with a different sticker on it. I assume the same for ep2 cart. This is known because if you put the cart in without updating or connecting to the internet, the screen shows the same version number as ep1 does.

Looking at my Vita's memory content, it says PSO2 takes up 8851 MB of space. I own the ep3 cart, so it's 8.8GB on top of whatever is included on the cart.

poumpoumk
Sep 16, 2015, 08:43 AM
Ohh ok, so the cartridges are really all the same :-o There's no way I can use my 8gb memory card :rant: :rant:

What I really can't understand is why the Playstation Store requirement is 3gb :confused:

Thank you ;-)

Rupikachu
Sep 16, 2015, 08:48 AM
I thought the ep2 cartridge had the ep2 updates, unlike the ep3 one which is just a relabel.

ShinMegamiSensei
Sep 16, 2015, 12:12 PM
I only assumed the ep2 would be the same, truthfully I have no idea about it.

poumpoumk
Sep 16, 2015, 04:37 PM
Hmmmm...

I will receive my game in a couple of days and see if the space needed is the same as ShinMegamiSensei. I really don't get why SEGA didn't include the updates in the cartridge :-?

Perhaps someone with an episode 1 or 2 cartridge can help us to understand that ?

TheszNuts
Sep 16, 2015, 04:43 PM
EP1 and EP2 card here, 8851 MB as well. Vita acts the same regardless of which is slotted.

poumpoumk
Sep 16, 2015, 04:49 PM
Oh boy... The size for the full client is much bigger than that ?

Thank you :-)

jooozek
Sep 16, 2015, 05:56 PM
the game will only get bigger and bigger, a 32GB card is minimum i'd get if i didn't plan to install any other games on it (iirc i read people with 16GB cards and without gamecart were struggling already)

TheszNuts
Sep 16, 2015, 06:19 PM
Sega announced as of EP3 a 32GB is required, so I assume its now bigger than 14GB.

poumpoumk
Sep 17, 2015, 02:23 AM
Sega announced as of EP3 a 32GB is required, so I assume its now bigger than 14GB.

Do you have a source ?

The only official informations about the downloadable version that I'm aware of :
- Playstation Store (japanese) : 3.0 gb (download only, before installation ?)
- Official pso2.jp site : 3.1 gb and 4.9+ gb (download + installation ?)

And for the Episode 3 game cartridge, it is written 16 gb on the box.

(sorry, can't post link, I need 10 posts...)

Rain Walker
Sep 17, 2015, 02:31 AM
Do you have a source ?

The only official informations about the downloadable version that I'm aware of :
- Playstation Store (japanese) : 3gb (download only, before installation ?)
- Official pso2.jp site : 3gb + 4.9gb (download + installation ?)

And for the Episode 3 game cartridge, it is written 16gb on the box.

(sorry, can't post link, I need 10 posts...)

Only 16GB yeah. The game itself now fully updated is 10GB. 31xx MB main game + 8xxxMB patch. Source is my vita :wacko:

poumpoumk
Sep 17, 2015, 02:53 AM
Only 16GB yeah. The game itself now fully updated is 10GB. 31xx MB main game + 8xxxMB patch. Source is my vita :wacko:

Oh thanks !

Are you playing with a game cartridge or with the full downloadable client ?

Rain Walker
Sep 17, 2015, 03:09 AM
Oh thanks !

Are you playing with a game cartridge or with the full downloadable client ?

Full PSN downloadable client ^^

poumpoumk
Sep 17, 2015, 03:15 AM
Ok !

So this is how it works :
- Core game file : 3.1 gb (not needed if you have a game cartridge)
- Game updates file : 9 gb

Having a game cartridge (no matter which episode) will only save 3.1gb on your memomry card... (:ak: SEGA)
Right now (Episode 3), a 16 gb memory card is enough for both the full downloadable version and the game cartridge versions. With the future Epiosde 4 perhaps 16gb memory card won't be enough...

Rain Walker
Sep 17, 2015, 03:19 AM
Ok !

So this is how it works :
- Core game file : 3.1 gb (not needed if you have a game cartridge)
- Game updates file : 9 gb

Having a game cartridge (no matter which episode) will only save 3.1gb on your memomry card... (:ak: SEGA)

To me that 3.1GB free is still a thing :wacko:

poumpoumk
Sep 17, 2015, 03:35 AM
To me that 3.1GB free is still a thing :wacko:

Yeah you're right but the game cartridge costs 35€, that's nearly 12€ / gb !! It's even more expensive than the sony memory cards :D

The only real advantage is that you can play with your real PSN ID and not a japanese one.

Rain Walker
Sep 17, 2015, 03:40 AM
Yeah you're right but the game cartridge costs 35€, that's nearly 12€ / gb !! It's even more expensive than the sony memory cards :D

The only real advantage is that you can play with your real PSN ID and not a japanese one.

I'd say that you bought the codes come with it not the data :wacko: