PDA

View Full Version : Guren-Tessen Nerf?

Thienien
Sep 16, 2015, 07:47 PM
Okay so, People treat me like i'm talking about the god damn apocalypse when i'm mentioning this but

DID THEY NERF THIS SKILL???

I remember just LAST month when i played as a braver, I would hold the button down (starting and ending PP cost - 10) Which is my triangle button on my ps3 joystick; the attack would let me dash Back and forth, slicing the enemy to shreds and for the last 10 PP i would let go of triangle to avoid using 10 pp for a moving slash and Hold UP on the directional pad to let out a Super powerful ending slash

YOU CANNOT DO THIS ANYMORE BECAUSE:
It does ONE slash now and transcends to the next skill on your palette

I tried setting all 3 moves as Guren but it's down to 3 slashes now as opposed to 60 slashes from 100

So please tell me i'm NOT the only one to notice this????

Qualia
Sep 16, 2015, 07:59 PM
what

the skill hasn't changed.

Naoya Kiriyama
Sep 16, 2015, 08:08 PM
PA works as fine as always ¯\(°_o)/¯

yoshiblue
Sep 16, 2015, 08:15 PM
If people are panicking over this, it goes to show how much everyone relied on it. Anywho, it seems the same to me.

Selphea
Sep 16, 2015, 08:19 PM
Sounds like a file check is in order

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 16, 2015, 08:19 PM
Okay so, People treat me like i'm talking about the god damn apocalypse when i'm mentioning this but

DID THEY NERF THIS SKILL???

I remember just LAST month when i played as a braver, I would hold the button down (starting and ending PP cost - 10) Which is my triangle button on my ps3 joystick; the attack would let me dash Back and forth, slicing the enemy to shreds and for the last 10 PP i would let go of triangle to avoid using 10 pp for a moving slash and Hold UP on the directional pad to let out a Super powerful ending slash

YOU CANNOT DO THIS ANYMORE BECAUSE:
It does ONE slash now and transcends to the next skill on your palette

I tried setting all 3 moves as Guren but it's down to 3 slashes now as opposed to 60 slashes from 100

So please tell me i'm NOT the only one to notice this????

There's so many things wrong here, I know not where to begin.

They didn't change anything. If something needs to change, it's probably how you play.

Thienien
Sep 16, 2015, 08:22 PM
If people are panicking over this, it goes to show how much everyone relied on it. Anywho, it seems the same to me.

Always that one guy...

I don't rely on it i use it for evasion especially to dash behind enemies when they are about to use a strong frontal attack that hits ONLY the front area and not AoE.

As for everyone else thanks, i realized i didn't set it to all 3 slots for slash/evasion on demand at the cost of PP

If you set all 3 palette slots as Guren it'll seem as if the skill lets you slash until your PP is gone.

I seem to have confounded my onion rings.

Thienien
Sep 16, 2015, 08:23 PM
There's so many things wrong here, I know not where to begin.

They didn't change anything. If something needs to change, it's probably how you play.

wtf.. Calm your shit dude. Its resolved.

Do you feel better? *Points to the door* Now leave. It's over, i'll be making more threads to if i have questions or if i notice something.

I hope to see you there attacking those too.

Cause who doesn't love a good forum fight?

Wait for it....

and here comes the big bandwagon attacking me in his defense cause he's been here longer or because i asked something inquiring about a skill.

Qualia
Sep 16, 2015, 08:24 PM
If you set all 3 palette slots as Guren it'll seem as if the skill lets you slash until your PP is gone.

But every PA works until you run out of PP..

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 16, 2015, 08:32 PM
wtf.. Calm your shit dude. Its resolved.

Do you feel better? *Points to the door* Now leave. It's over, i'll be making more threads to if i have questions or if i notice something.

I hope to see you there attacking those too.

Cause who doesn't love a good forum fight?

Wait for it....

and here comes the big bandwagon attacking me in his defense cause he's been here longer or because i asked something inquiring about a skill.

Le sigh.

I'll admit, it *seems* confrontational but it's not.

Also, did you not just figure out the problem was in fact how you were using guren, which means you did in fact have to change how you play/set up your pallet?

If anyone needs to 'calm their shit', it's you. Chill out, stop being overly-defensive.

Thienien
Sep 16, 2015, 08:33 PM
But every PA works until you run out of PP..

Thats not what i'm talking about sir.

There is a force ice skill that lets you send out a stream of Ice while draining your PP

Putting gurren in all your palettes imitates that same effect.

Putting ONE gurren in one palette box won't do. (as for holding the button down)

But if you put it in all 3 it'll look as you can hold triangle and slash endlessly instead of ONCE with the normal skill.

In other words i always set 3 gurrens in my skill palette and never thought to put it once. So i thought the gurren skill iteself was one of those skills that you could hold the button down until you ran out of MP using that same skill like that ice force skill..(nabarta??)

HentaiLolicon
Sep 16, 2015, 08:34 PM
I would rather have it nerfed then a fully rework on Br, people spam guren like what they did before shunka nerf

Thienien
Sep 16, 2015, 08:35 PM
Le sigh.

I'll admit, it *seems* confrontational but it's not.

Also, did you not just figure out the problem was in fact how you were using guren, which means you did in fact have to change how you play?

If anyone needs to 'calm their shit', it's you. Chill out, stop being overly-defensive.

Yes of course, it never fails in ANY forum i inquire information in, I ask a question get attacked. One person flips out now for god knows what reason this one accusing of being mad when i'm simply tabbing in and out game during a mission.

Being defensive as well? About what?? What am i being defensive about?

I'm glad my case and thread went over your head(considering i'm an enemy now, don't deny it) but i'm waiting for someone to understand what i'm talking about without people getting mad at me for asking a question. I'm a nice person so You calm down, i'm not mad at all i've actually had a good day today i'm just asking a god damn question.

If it makes you feel better today
I'll play your game and pretend to be mad so you can "put me in my place"
and these guys here can lift you to your throne

Rawr...I'm angry..?

P.S: This is not your forum, This is not your bandwith i can post freely and i will. You can hate me all you want i don't care when i need information i will come here. If YOU don't like it, leave me alone then. Simple.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 16, 2015, 08:40 PM
Yes of course, it never fails in ANY forum i inquire information in, I ask a question get attacked. One person flips out now for god knows what reason this one accusing of being mad when i'm simply tabbing in and out game during a mission.

Being defensive as well? About what?? What am i being defensive about?

I'm glad my case and thread went over your head(considering i'm an enemy now, don't deny it) but i'm waiting for someone to understand what i'm talking about without people getting mad at me for asking a question. I'm a nice person so You calm down, i'm not mad at all i've actually had a good day today i'm just asking a god damn question.

If it makes you feel better today
I'll play your game and pretend to be mad so you can "put me in my place"
and these guys here can lift you to your throne

Rawr?

P.S: This is not your forum, This is not your bandwith i can post freely and i will. You can hate me all you want i don't care when i need information i will come here. If YOU don't like it, leave me alone then. Simple.

Um... wow. Calm down. I just admitted to saying it seems confrontational but it's not. Don't take it that way. Also yes, you're being extremely defensive (borderline paranoia about people attacking you) by posting like this. Sorry if you thought I was attacking you I guess?

In other words i always set 3 gurrens in my skill palette and never thought to put it once. So i thought the gurren skill iteself was one of those skills that you could hold the button down until you ran out of MP using that same skill like that ice force skill..(nabarta??)

The simple reason as to why you can't do that has two answers: no melee PAs work like nabarta, and melee weapon pallets use a combo system. Using guren once will set your next PA action to the next step in the combo.

I would rather have it nerfed then a fully rework on Br, people spam guren like what they did before shunka nerf

Guren tessen is comparable to sakura end, though better in many regards.

Something being spammy =/= needs to be nerfed.

EP2 shunka's power was in an entirely different world compared to everything. It was nerfed because of that. Not because everyone used it constantly, or else sakura end, kanran kikyou, and tons of other PAs wouldave eaten the nerf bat.

Qualia
Sep 16, 2015, 08:53 PM
There is a force ice skill that lets you send out a stream of Ice while draining your PP

That's a tech though, not a PA. It also has an initial PP cost, so your point hardly stands.

Thienien
Sep 16, 2015, 08:53 PM
Um... wow. Calm down. I just admitted to saying it seems confrontational but it's not. Don't take it that way. Also yes, you're being extremely defensive (borderline paranoia about people attacking you) by posting like this. Sorry if you thought I was attacking you I guess?

The simple reason as to why you can't do that has two answers: no melee PAs work like nabarta, and melee weapon pallets use a combo system. Using guren once will set your next PA action to the next step in the combo.

Alright, You understand what i was talking about. I tricked myself by setting all PA actions to Gurren making it look like it worked like nabarta. Sorry to bring the confusing question to the surface

HentaiLolicon
Sep 16, 2015, 08:59 PM
Guren tessen is comparable to sakura end, though better in many regards.

Something being spammy =/= needs to be nerfed.

EP2 shunka's power was in an entirely different world compared to everything. It was nerfed because of that. Not because everyone used it constantly, or else sakura end, kanran kikyou, and tons of other PAs wouldave eaten the nerf bat.

Well, I missused some words, actually, not nerf but make some adjustment for it, all i can see now it Guren everywhere, everytime and what i want is some changes to bring up all other PA on use, not just spamming 1 PA to win. Before the Guren, i still saw Br using PAs in combo, but now it's just guren fes

Qualia
Sep 16, 2015, 09:27 PM
Before Guren, it was just Sakura Endo, Hatou, and maybe Kanran, and they weren't even used in combos. The only katana PA combo I've seen used somewhat effectively was Tsukimi/Gekka.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 16, 2015, 09:33 PM
Well, I missused some words, actually, not nerf but make some adjustment for it, all i can see now it Guren everywhere, everytime and what i want is some changes to bring up all other PA on use, not just spamming 1 PA to win. Before the Guren, i still saw Br using PAs in combo, but now it's just guren fes

Well:

-Hatou is still highest dps katana PA, and builds combat finish hit counter the best.

-Shunka is still the most PP efficient (though admittedly even I don't bother using it anymore)

-Sakura end is precise. It's better against most toy darkers, and many enemies that sport similarly... positioned weak point hitboxes guren cannot reliably hit consecutively, like the bear/rabbit belly buttons, the toy houses' correct head, the toy car's nose, etc. If all weak points were like the toy car darker's (post nose break), only then sakura end could be near-pointless.

-Kanran is kanran. (I must also admit, it kinda falls off when you hit XH/ult, and has always been one of the least efficient AOE PA for any melee weapon).

-Kazan 0 is just hilarous. Oh, and it helps sustain gear too.

Guren is 2nd best dps, and 2nd best damage : pp among the commonly used katana PAs.

Point is, katanas have other PAs for a reason. Guren is really well rounded in handling most things on its own, but using the right PA for the right enemy(ies) is far better results. Those who spam nothing but guren are noticeably hindering themselves, unlike pre-nerf shunka spammers. When shunka's total damage was an estimated ~5000 power by ep3 standards pre-nerf, it was much harder justifying using anything else.

Before Guren, it was just Sakura Endo, Hatou, and maybe Kanran, and they weren't even used in combos. The only katana PA combo I've seen used somewhat effectively was Tsukimi/Gekka.

This is true. The closest thing to that definition of combo I did use regularly is kanran->pallet switch->sakura end against gorongos, or el ahdas for easy weak point hits. I don't bother against SH gorongos anymore since they die in 2 sakuras, or 2 gurens regardless.

... I guess I don't have much of a point to do that against SH el ahdas either since they die in two gurens. I blame 13* damage inflation.

yoshiblue
Sep 16, 2015, 09:37 PM
I'm a fan of Fudou myself. It's not very efficient outside of group play and XQs, but I like it.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 16, 2015, 09:47 PM
I'm a fan of Fudou myself. It's not very efficient outside of group play and XQs, but I like it.

I just remembered I should be updating my FP right now thanks to that. :/

A good attack, but not for most of this game. Kinda sad really. Players from almost any other game would never understand how an AOE stun can manage to not matter for at least 90% of the game until they play PSO2.

KLMS1
Sep 16, 2015, 09:49 PM
Right, three thing OP:

1) Guren works just like before, and you can do the first-stage dash back and forth through a target just fine if you want to; the problem is at your end.

2) the dash by itself does lousy damage, stop being bad and start using the follow-up slash like proper people ffs.

3) sheesh, get that stick outta yer arse.

final_attack
Sep 16, 2015, 10:17 PM

I still use combos o-o the usual Tsukimi-Gekka-Sakura or Fudou-Sakura(maybe add Guren at the end) or counter-Gekka-Sakura

Can't overuse Gurren well (went through mobs, even I put my crosshair right at the mob), due to TPS mode .... o-o

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 16, 2015, 10:19 PM
Right, three thing OP:

1) Guren works just like before, and you can do the first-stage dash back and forth through a target just fine if you want to; the problem is at your end.

2) the dash by itself does lousy damage, stop being bad and start using the follow-up slash like proper people ffs.

3) sheesh, get that stick outta yer arse.

Okay, even I'm asking you, please don't do this.

Qualia
Sep 16, 2015, 10:23 PM
(went through mobs, even I put my crosshair right at the mob), due to TPS mode .... o-o

There's your mistake. TPS mode outside of hatou.

final_attack
Sep 16, 2015, 10:39 PM
There's your mistake. TPS mode outside of hatou.

But ... the game went into extra-hardcore without TPS mode for me (scumbag brain) T-T Not even able to move properly, not even a JA T-T

KazukiQZ
Sep 17, 2015, 12:54 AM
But ... the game went into extra-hardcore without TPS mode for me (scumbag brain) T-T Not even able to move properly, not even a JA T-T
That's why practice make perfect. Mastering both view mode will give you more advantage in battle.

Can always start practicing non-TPS on the Campship, if anything. Get the JA right =w=)b

Rayden
Sep 17, 2015, 08:51 AM

From what I understand, spamming the dashes actually does better DPS than using the follow-up slashes. Just terrible PP efficiency.

KLMS1
Sep 17, 2015, 09:14 AM
VERY terrible. Which makes that better DPS a very short-lived thing.
Plus the secondary slash has a criminally large AoE of self-evident utility.