PDA

View Full Version : Did JP ever planned AC Scratch Completion?

CoWorker
Sep 16, 2015, 10:59 PM
I browse SEA group's discussions due to boredom, and one particular thing i keep seeing is that "JP server is supposed to have AC Scratch Completion and Costume Affixes, but the JP government banned it"

So out of my curiosity is this real? I want to ask especially people who have been around since beta and i want to read some sources of it.... cuz it really looks like an ass-pull to make JP server look "bad"... i want to make mt facts straight

Maenara
Sep 16, 2015, 11:03 PM
At no point were costume affixes ever planned.

I have no idea what scratch completion is. Is it some stupid pay2win shit on SEA server? We don't have it.

WEED420BLAZEIT
Sep 16, 2015, 11:07 PM
every time i saw those words: "costume affixes"

followed by "time-limited affixes"

so much keks were had

landman
Sep 16, 2015, 11:12 PM
I think to remember that only the first alpha had clothes with stats, and of course people did not like it, so they removed it.

Crystal_Shard
Sep 16, 2015, 11:15 PM
Are there seriously people in the AsiaSuck servers saying that the JP servers are a poorer place for not having AC Scratch Bingo and costume affixes? lol

Can't speak for costume affixes, save for it being an early idea that was thankfully canned, but when they first tested AC scratch in the closed Alpha, there was an extra layer to the scratch rewards that gave you a rappy suit for scratching specific items, similar to the bingo we get from Xie. It was rightfully deemed to be illegal under Japan's laws on gambling, and good riddance too. Can you imagine if you had to scratch all the male costumes or something like that just to get an ultra rare accessory ticket?

CoWorker
Sep 16, 2015, 11:17 PM
Cuz they have that kind of system, they think that JP had it before but got removed... cuz again, anti-gacha law

Maenara
Sep 16, 2015, 11:21 PM
I heard that SEA has purposely nerfed potentials to emphasize their pay2win bullshit. I heard that things like Dragonkin Slayer latent became something like "Chance to deal 60 extra damage to dragonkin."

That's sixty damage, not 60%. And only a chance, no less.

They also give no shits about QA, Nazonde deals 16x as much damage as it should be, on that server.

[Ayumi]
Sep 16, 2015, 11:27 PM
I think to remember that only the first alpha had clothes with stats, and of course people did not like it, so they removed it.

Yeah. I was glad that was removed. The idea was horrible. Not sure why they thought that was a good idea to force people to use certain clothes for stats. Even worse as it would have had people running around looking the same after a while. While it existed back then, I just used whatever and didn't care on the stats.

Are there seriously people in the AsiaSuck servers saying that the JP servers are a poorer place for not having AC Scratch Bingo and costume affixes? lol

Can't speak for costume affixes, save for it being an early idea that was thankfully canned, but when they first tested AC scratch in the closed Alpha, there was an extra layer to the scratch rewards that gave you a rappy suit for scratching specific items, similar to the bingo we get from Xie. It was rightfully deemed to be illegal under Japan's laws on gambling, and good riddance too. Can you imagine if you had to scratch all the male costumes or something like that just to get an ultra rare accessory ticket?

I also remember this. Of course the AC was a free start during this time so I kept using it trying to get the Rappy Suit as it looked kinda cool/silly to me. Since then I didn't have interest in getting a Rappy Suit again as I thought that whole bingo thing would have still existed when the official servers came up and just bought a rappy suit from the shop when I had the money...
... only to later use it in the recycle area to change my clothes colour.

Crystal_Shard
Sep 16, 2015, 11:27 PM
Cuz they have that kind of system, they think that JP had it before but got removed... cuz again, anti-gacha law

Eh, SEA has a ton of anti consumer crap that were once tested during alpha and beta, but most were removed from the final JP version due to unpopularity. Pay it no heed and be thankful we have none of it in the JP version.

[Ayumi]
Sep 16, 2015, 11:29 PM
I heard that SEA has purposely nerfed potentials to emphasize their pay2win bullshit. I heard that things like Dragonkin Slayer latent became something like "Chance to deal 60 extra damage to dragonkin."

That's sixty damage, not 60%. And only a chance, no less.

They also give no shits about QA, Nazonde deals 16x as much damage as it should be, on that server.

How does nerfing potentials force you to pay2win?
I do know about the Nazonde though... saw a video of someone soloing Falz Arms and killing it in seconds.

Maenara
Sep 16, 2015, 11:34 PM
;3292051']How does nerfing potentials force you to pay2win?
I do know about the Nazonde though... saw a video of someone soloing Falz Arms and killing it in seconds.

When nothing gives you that sweet +15% damage anymore, those amazing affixes that come on costumes suddenly become a lot more important.

HentaiLolicon
Sep 16, 2015, 11:34 PM
Just AsiaSuck things, they put that costume affixes, Premium-pack stats-buff in almost every game they host.

Mattykins
Sep 16, 2015, 11:35 PM
I always like to think that Sega allowed SEA server to run how it is so when they realize when they fuck up, they can be like "Well, okay, it was bad, but you could be on the SEA server"

CoWorker
Sep 16, 2015, 11:37 PM
I always like to think that Sega allowed SEA server to run how it is so when they realize when they fuck up, they can be like "Well, okay, it was bad, but you could be on the SEA server"

And i would like to address that everything wrong happened in SEA, they blamed SEGA and not Asiasoft... due to SEGa giving out content licence and Asiasoft just runs the servers

wefwq
Sep 16, 2015, 11:50 PM
JP does have a scratch complete bonus if i recall, it's on alpha 2(?), but get removed shortly due to gatcha complete "bonus" controversy and new law regarding it.
I'm never hear costume affix stuff at all though, so i assume that it never being planned on JP at all.

CoWorker
Sep 16, 2015, 11:58 PM
I'm never hear costume affix stuff at all though, so i assume that it never being planned on JP at all.

Well theres a guy who claimed it was already planned and thats because theres an affix slot in the costumes...

wefwq
Sep 17, 2015, 12:23 AM
Well theres a guy who claimed it was already planned and thats because theres an affix slot in the costumes...
If it's the case maybe they scrapped it on JP because they scarred that everyone will go full nuts about it and accuse PSO2 being pay2win.

Misaki Ki
Sep 17, 2015, 01:13 AM
I've been on PSO2 for way too long. (http://www.bumped.org/psublog/pso2-waiting-until-the-next-test-complete-gacha/)

TaigaUC
Sep 17, 2015, 01:32 AM
I doubt the JP government gives two fxxks about costume affixes in an online game.
They're too busy screwing everything else up everywhere.

I don't understand how such a theory would even be considered valid discussion.
It just seems so far detached from reality.

If anything, SEGA has said that they intentionally changed PSO2 for the other regions, to appeal to the players there.
Some of these things have been sitting inside the data for a long while. It doesn't mean the JP version was intended to have them too.

JP does have a scratch complete bonus if i recall, it's on alpha 2(?), but get removed shortly due to gatcha complete "bonus" controversy and new law regarding it.

Going from your description, I guess it means that, the JP government made a law to prevent companies from encouraging people to do lottery repeatedly for a chance at a bonus.
That sounds a lot more plausible than the JP government banning costume affixes.

jooozek
Sep 17, 2015, 01:37 AM
http://www.adweek.com/socialtimes/japan-officially-declares-lucractive-kompu-gacha-practice-illegal-in-social-games/525608
related

TaigaUC
Sep 17, 2015, 01:40 AM
Yeah, I hate all of those kinds of things.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 17, 2015, 02:35 AM
http://www.adweek.com/socialtimes/japan-officially-declares-lucractive-kompu-gacha-practice-illegal-in-social-games/525608
related

Horay for the man sticking it to... the man...

Scratch is aids as is. SEA provides us with a nice example of what could have been if it wasn't for that bill 3 years ago.

NoobSpectre
Sep 18, 2015, 04:33 AM
;3292051']How does nerfing potentials force you to pay2win?

Affix Issues

Affix is random, but mostly after completion, can refresh affix by throwing in 200k per tries. Mostly will do that until:
Stamina EX: +200hp
Dark Mastery EX: reduce dmg from darkers 30%
Strike Resist EX: 30 strike dmg reduction (no I'm not joking)
Ranged Resist EX: same
Tech Resist EX: same
Rare Drop Increase 100: Guess you know what that means

To get completion, just get all the colors from same set of costume, you need only 1 type full set for completion though.

For past records, the affix will last for a whole content update, SEA does a major content update for 3 months, so its roughly also that length.[/SPOILER-BOX]

Damage and PA issues:
[SPOILER-BOX]Now, for nazonde issue, we have a pa damage values of ep3 with mechanics of ep2, [SPOILER]that means a decent gear Tatk force (2100 Tatk) can deal 120k to elders arms weakpoint. Bravers Hatou is even worse, a lambda karishizuma wield 65/65 br/hu sliced one Elder arms in 2 Hatou. Same applies to all pa other than rifle pa. (though its because it retain values of ep2, it is "fixed" by August 6, TD1 release) The drawback? mobs and boss since vh onwards now have te damage and hit points of next tier. (VH mobs = SH mobs, vh pattern, SH = XH mobs) This cause an issue of "We can kill mobs fairly fast, but if we are hit, we die." Elder VH arm push deals 800-900 dmg, and SH is literally 1.1k (tested using EQ Sdef armor, 250+Sdef).[/SPOILER-BOX]

The problem is, by 18 September 2015, 1600 GMT+8, the PA values will be rectify and reverted back to EP2 values, BUT the mob damage values and hitpoints remain.

CoWorker
Sep 18, 2015, 04:54 AM
I just read the nerf discussions and wow... gg SEA people...

It seems people are going for full Guard Stance and people are spamming Namegid for MOBBING.....
and TW servers had the same patch early but with all the nerfs they cant do anything and AFK the lobby...

It really sounds like the worst place to live in.... rekt in peace, your glory days are over...

Flaoc
Sep 18, 2015, 05:01 AM
I've been on PSO2 for way too long. (http://www.bumped.org/psublog/pso2-waiting-until-the-next-test-complete-gacha/)

this sounds like it was a royal pain in the ass to ele grind back in the day

http://grabilla.com/05912-11fbe4de-32d6-433a-91b5-d57864a32106.png

Lumpen Thingy
Sep 18, 2015, 05:08 AM
this sounds like it was a royal pain in the ass to ele grind back in the day

http://grabilla.com/05912-11fbe4de-32d6-433a-91b5-d57864a32106.png

did that with a shit load of AQ weapons at that time........kill me

BeHummer
Sep 18, 2015, 05:58 AM
I just read the nerf discussions and wow... gg SEA people...

It seems people are going for full Guard Stance and people are spamming Namegid for MOBBING.....
and TW servers had the same patch early but with all the nerfs they cant do anything and AFK the lobby...

It really sounds like the worst place to live in.... rekt in peace, your glory days are over...

They call it indeed very hard and super hard for this reason ww

Kiboune
Sep 18, 2015, 08:05 AM
SEA server example, is the main reason i dont want any USA or EU servers.
(and they definitely gonna IP block japanese server after US/EU release)

[Ayumi]
Sep 18, 2015, 08:07 AM
Affix Issues

Affix is random, but mostly after completion, can refresh affix by throwing in 200k per tries. Mostly will do that until:
Stamina EX: +200hp
Dark Mastery EX: reduce dmg from darkers 30%
Strike Resist EX: 30 strike dmg reduction (no I'm not joking)
Ranged Resist EX: same
Tech Resist EX: same
Rare Drop Increase 100: Guess you know what that means

To get completion, just get all the colors from same set of costume, you need only 1 type full set for completion though.

For past records, the affix will last for a whole content update, SEA does a major content update for 3 months, so its roughly also that length.[/SPOILER-BOX]

Damage and PA issues:
[SPOILER-BOX]Now, for nazonde issue, we have a pa damage values of ep3 with mechanics of ep2, [SPOILER]that means a decent gear Tatk force (2100 Tatk) can deal 120k to elders arms weakpoint. Bravers Hatou is even worse, a lambda karishizuma wield 65/65 br/hu sliced one Elder arms in 2 Hatou. Same applies to all pa other than rifle pa. (though its because it retain values of ep2, it is "fixed" by August 6, TD1 release) The drawback? mobs and boss since vh onwards now have te damage and hit points of next tier. (VH mobs = SH mobs, vh pattern, SH = XH mobs) This cause an issue of "We can kill mobs fairly fast, but if we are hit, we die." Elder VH arm push deals 800-900 dmg, and SH is literally 1.1k (tested using EQ Sdef armor, 250+Sdef).[/SPOILER-BOX]

The problem is, by 18 September 2015, 1600 GMT+8, the PA values will be rectify and reverted back to EP2 values, BUT the mob damage values and hitpoints remain.

Sorry, but why does anyone play there?
They get upset/mad/sad when the unblocking wasn't permanent and was just temporary for... whatever they were doing... why?
Just because it's in Engrish?
I mean if it really is only because it's in Engrish, it would explain why a lot of people rather just wait for an official English copy to play even though it would have 0 content compared to the Japanese server.

"As long as it's in English, it can be a piece of poop! I will still like it!"

CoWorker
Sep 18, 2015, 08:32 AM
;3292364']Sorry, but why does anyone play there?
They get upset/mad/sad when the unblocking wasn't permanent and was just temporary for... whatever they were doing... why?
I mean if it really is only because it's in Engrish, it would explain why a lot of people rather just wait for an official English copy to play even though it would have 0 content compared to the Japanese server.

mostly engrish.... people are stubborn to acknowledge JP has a good English Patch that is easy to install and an 1-time easy to setup proxy which is does automatically after the setup

one SEA asshole called out to be "retarded" cuz he thinks you need to be a computer techie to do this... while its just 3 buttons to press for the whole setup...

NoobSpectre
Sep 18, 2015, 09:31 AM

Well, actually, I am a SEA player. Cuz I lived in SEA region.

emeraude
Sep 19, 2015, 12:10 AM

Because...people live in SEA?

Well, if you're referring to the western players who tried to play there when the blocks went down, you need to understand that for many people, there is a major difference between everything in full english with a single button click, and things mostly in english with a couple of button clicks, regardless of content.

[Ayumi]
Sep 19, 2015, 12:26 AM
Because...people live in SEA?

Well, if you're referring to the western players who tried to play there when the blocks went down, you need to understand that for many people, there is a major difference between everything in full english with a single button click, and things mostly in english with a couple of button clicks, regardless of content.

Not talking about the ones living there obviously. Why would the ones living there need a VPN as they won't be blocked?