PDA

View Full Version : 10% Main class weapon bonus and Fi/X

Lvl200Mag
Sep 20, 2015, 08:59 PM
It seems as if(IMO) this upcoming 10% damage bonus for using a main class weapon thing is SEGA's answer to the current meta of FI/X for a few weapon and class combinations.

How do you feel about this? Was it a good move on SEGA's part? Will it change anything with it only being 10%? :-?

Perfect Chaos
Sep 20, 2015, 09:04 PM
It definitely is their attempt at fixing that. Apparently, FIBO is still the highest damage combo for Dual Blades, though, if you don't mind being squishy.
And I guess we'll also see more BRRA instead of RABR for Bow users.

Personally, I like that they are doing this. But there are side affects such as making Force even stronger. (Not that I mind, being a FO main. LOL)

Maenara
Sep 20, 2015, 09:19 PM
Sega to Gunslash users: "Fuck off."

Xaelouse
Sep 20, 2015, 09:20 PM
It's nice. Doesn't fix the real problems with the game, but it's nice. The way to unlock the boosts is stupid though.
Anyway, these boosts along with any other changes coming in Ep4 should make BR, BO, and HU more attractive mains?

WEED420BLAZEIT
Sep 20, 2015, 10:36 PM
so how many weapons do we have to collect for these titles?

i hope it's under 50

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 20, 2015, 11:04 PM
It definitely is their attempt at fixing that.

Personally, I like that they are doing this.

But there are side affects such as making Force even stronger.

Sega to Gunslash users: "Fuck off."

P'much all of this.

Bellion
Sep 20, 2015, 11:04 PM
Title 1 is 20 7-9* weapons
Title 2 is 25 10-12* weapons
Title 3 is xx 10-12* weapons
Title 4 is 70 10-12* weapons

Shadowth117
Sep 20, 2015, 11:44 PM

Any idea if this is based off what you have in your weapon records or something pre-existing at all?

Squal_FFVIII
Sep 20, 2015, 11:45 PM

So basically one magatsu run for all the titles?

Qualia
Sep 20, 2015, 11:48 PM
So basically one magatsu run for all the titles?

No, they need to be unique weapons.

Maenara
Sep 20, 2015, 11:52 PM
Any idea if this is based off what you have in your weapon records or something pre-existing at all?

Based off your Visiphone record, so counts stuff you already picked up. Doesn't count things you've bought from shops, though.

Squal_FFVIII
Magatsu doesn't drop "unique" 10-12* weapons? I'm confused.

Bellion
Yeah, needs to be a total of different weapons in the weapon records.
So obtain from drops or trade-ins from NPCs.

Maenara
Sep 20, 2015, 11:54 PM
Magatsu doesn't drop "unique" 10-12* weapons? I'm confused.

10 Pristine Small Hammers count as 1 unique weapon.
10 Pristine Small Hammers plus one Evil Yakuka counts as 2 unique weapons.

untrustful
Sep 21, 2015, 12:01 AM
So wait for example, Techer would need 70 "discoveries" for it's useable weapons? That totals 23ish rares for each talis, wand, and gunslash category. Is it that we're not meant to get title 4 yet? Or am I missing something?

Maenara
Sep 21, 2015, 12:03 AM
Gunslash doesn't count because Sega likes to fuck over Gunslash users.

GHNeko
Sep 21, 2015, 12:04 AM
It's fucking stupid because tunnels people and discourages hybridizing builds.

The game already has enough hyper specialization dominating the meta, why the fuck would you make it worse.

If FI/X is the problem, you dont punish people who play a combination that relies on the sub-classes internet, you fucking fix the god damn source problem which is FI itself.

YOU FIX FI.

It's fucking stupid and its a stupid answer to a problem that shouldnt have existed inthe first fucking place if Sega had the god damn foresight to know how smart of an idea it would be to load a single class up with multipliers that affect EVERY ATTACK TYPE.

I'm seriously irritated over this shit.

Fuck my Fi/Br, fuck my Gu/Bo, fuck my Fo/Ra. Fuck everything that relies in subclass weaponary. And FUCK Gunslash in particular.

What a god damn boneheaded move.

final_attack
Sep 21, 2015, 12:04 AM
So wait for example, Techer would need 70 "discoveries" for it's useable weapons? That totals 23ish rares for each talis, wand, and gunslash category. Is it that we're not meant to get title 4 yet? Or am I missing something?

I believe I heard each class will need different amount ..... not counting Gunslash too, I think. Or it just doesn't affect Gunslash.

Well, Hu and Fi got 3 weapon types ...... while others got 2 ......

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 21, 2015, 12:05 AM
Guys, just think of it this way:

This is gen 1 pokemon.
Your weapon library at the visophone is your pokedex.
The more of your pokedex you complete, the more bonuses you have.

The game already has enough hyper specialization dominating the meta, why the fuck would you make it worse.

If FI/X is the problem, you dont punish people who play a combination that relies on the sub-classes internet, you fucking fix the god damn source problem which is FI itself.

YOU FIX FI.

It's fucking stupid and its a stupid answer to a problem that shouldnt have existed inthe first fucking place if Sega had the god damn foresight to know how smart of an idea it would be to load a single class up with multipliers that affect EVERY ATTACK TYPE.

It's literally SEGA being SEGA. Not much more to say.

Hybrids have been on the way out ever since 13*s started cropping up. Not likely to truly die but...

untrustful
Sep 21, 2015, 12:06 AM
I think it has to be in general you need to find 70 10*s or above, and you get the title, which grants a damage bonus when your main class is using a main class weapon.

But yeah, this does put main class weapons above subclass weapon use.

cheapgunner
Sep 21, 2015, 12:07 AM

YOU FIX FI.

What's worse is that next episode 4 we will see the same kinda BS again.

"What's that, Fi/X is still a problem?" Give more boosts. >.>;

Maenara
Sep 21, 2015, 12:11 AM
I hope they don't pull BO v2 where SU is best subclassed to FI right out of the gate.

Bellion
Sep 21, 2015, 12:13 AM
Well, Hunter is definitely confirmed to be 70 10-12* weapons for title 4.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag232/altumbra/Untitled_zpsjva24vgw.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

If every other class is also 70 for title 4 excluding gunslash, then I'm done already. Just have to wait. _(:3
Huh, except for BO, RIP.

GHNeko
Sep 21, 2015, 12:14 AM
MAYBE FI WOULDNT BE A DOMINATING MAIN CLASS THAT TAKES THE PLACE OF HEAD HONCHO FOR EVERY COMBO IF THERE WERE MORE SYNERGY BETWEEN FUCKING SKILLS.

YOU KNOW? IT'D BE NICE IF BULLET KEEP WORKED WITH OTHER FUCKING WEAPON TYPES LIKE GUNSLASH OR I DONT KNOW MELEE WEAPONS OR TECH WEAPONS?

IT'D BE FUCKING DANDY IF LIMIT BREAK WORKED WITH FI SUB, BUT WITH REDUCED POWER.

OH HOW ABOUT ELEMENT CONVERT NOT BEING FO MAIN ONLY; GIVE IT A PENALTY FOR BEING SUB CLASSED? THAT'S BE FUCKING SWELL.

HOW ABOUT JA BONUS 1/2 WORKING WITH TECHNICS EH?

OR HOW ABOUT SHIFTA STRIKE AND DEBAND TOUGHNESS NOT BEING MAIN CLASS ONLY.

IT'D BE FUCKING GREAT IF WEAK HIT ADVANCE WASNT FOR RANGED ATTACKS ONLY.

I'D SURE LOVE IT IF ZERO RANGE ADVANCED ALSO WASNT FOR RANGED ATTACKS ONLY.

CHASE ADVANCE NOT BEING ONLY FOR STRIKE BASED ATTACKS COULD EVEN MAKE STATUS PROC BUILDS REMOTELY VIABLE.

GEE GOLLY WHAT INTERESTING COMBOS AND PLAYSTYLES COULD BE HAD IF THE SKILL TREES DIDNT FUCKING SHOE HORN PLAYERS INTO PARTICULAR NICHES OF GAMEPLAY.

OH OH. HOW ABOUT GOD DAMN GUARD STANCE ADVANCE NOT BEING A MAIN CLASS ONLY SKILL IS THAT'S THE ONLY MOTHER FUCKING SKILL IN GUARD STANCE'S TREE THAT IS WORTH 2 SHITS AND WOULD BE THE ONLY REASON ANYONE WOULD DARE PICK UP GUARD STANCE IN THE FIRST FUCKING PLACE.

OH WAIT. WE CANT DO THAT BECAUSE HALF OF THIS SHIT WOULD BREAK THE GAME BECAUSE EVERYTHING IS BUILT ON MULTIPLIERS THAT ARE ALL MULTIPLICATIVE INSTEAD OF ADDITITIVE.

GDI SEGA.

GHNeko
Sep 21, 2015, 12:18 AM
PJSALT SEGA

PJ MOTHER FUCKING SALT (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfc1MRVmJYs)

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 21, 2015, 12:23 AM
Damn son. You make me look like I don't give SEGA enough shit for dumb choices, and perpetuating bad trends.

I really should play PSNova one day. I vaguely remember class skills being done better there.

untrustful
Sep 21, 2015, 12:23 AM
Well, Hunter is definitely confirmed to be 70 10-12* weapons for title 4.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag232/altumbra/Untitled_zpsjva24vgw.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

If every other class is also 70 for title 4 excluding gunslash, then I'm done already. Just have to wait. _(:3
Huh, except for BO, RIP.

70 for hu would mean 17-18 Ten stars or higher total from each class weapon counting gunslash. If gunslash doesn't count, then 23ish.

We're probably not gonna get title 4 until episode 6.

Squal_FFVIII
Sep 21, 2015, 12:27 AM
What's the difference between "unique" rares vs non "unique" rares? I've never heard of this term before am I missing something?

Or do all the rares have to be from trade ins? Because as far as im concerned the only "unique" rares are the ones you get with stones.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 21, 2015, 12:28 AM
70 for hu would mean 17-18 Ten stars or higher total from each class weapon counting gunslash. If gunslash doesn't count, then 23ish.

We're probably not gonna get title 4 until episode 6.

It's very doable now assuming the # required does scale with number of weapons the class can wield. Many people will likely log on to all 4 titles for a class they play religiously. At worst, you'd have to spend spellstones, and AQ stones to fill the weapon pokedex.

Maenara
Sep 21, 2015, 12:29 AM
What's the difference between "unique" rares vs non "unique" rares? I've never heard of this term before am I missing something?

Or do all the rares have to be from trade ins? Because as far as im concerned the only "unique" rares are the ones you get with stones.

Unique, as in, different names. Jeez.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 21, 2015, 12:30 AM

This

V

Guys, just think of it this way:

This is gen 1 pokemon.
Your weapon library at the visophone is your pokedex.
The more of your pokedex you complete, the more bonuses you have.

GHNeko
Sep 21, 2015, 12:34 AM
Damn son. You make me look like I don't give SEGA enough shit for dumb choices, and perpetuating bad trends.

I really should play PSNova one day. I vaguely remember class skills being done better there.

As someone who literally plays builds that NO one else plays, this shit really just grind my gears.

It's like, I get the PURPOSE of main class skills.

To encourage people to MAIN that class instead of slap it to sub class status like everyone did with HU all through episode 2.

But shoehorning people into specific ways of play does NOT make your game last 10 god damn years.

It does everything BUT make it last longer.

Variety is one of the strongest tools for longevity in a god damn mother fucking video game.

In a game like PSO2 if you want people to play more, then you need to give them MORE ways to play and tunneling class builds so that everyone plays HU/FI, FI/HU, GU/RA, FO/TE, TE/FO, BR/HU, BO/HU and other god damn shit like that is NOT going to do the job.

FI/BR is a fast paced, high intensity, high risk, high reward class that is legitimately fun to play. But nope FUCK THAT NOISE SON. BR/HU CUZ THE TITLES WILL SURE AS HELL INVALIDATE FI/BR MORE THAN IT DOES NOW.

GU/BR is a fucking BOSS KILL that uses both Bows and TMGs to fuck niggas up and cock slap a boss or two. BUT NOPE BR?GU BOWS ONLY FINAL DESTINATION.

GU/BO is a challenging class that allows you to build chain during CT with TMGs and Dual blades while you're allowed to have respectable damage with both weapons. BUT NAH, BO/GU FUCK TMGS. ONE WEAPON ONLY PLEBS.

This nonsense goes on.

If you have MILLIONS of people playing the god damn same thing, they're going to optimize that thing infinitely faster which will completely KILL the lifespan of the metagame.

Niggas will minmax your fucking game in a heart beat and Sega is HELPING them do that shit with this EXTREMELY STUPID Design choice.

Now there are going to be builds that further stand above the rest, and MORE people are going to gravitate towards that shit and everyone is going to minmax and optimize that much sooner because there is less variety and thought being put into how people play and then THATS how people get bored THAT much faster and its fucking retarded and i seriously dont like this shit because I actually LIKE this game and the friends I've made and dont like seeing my odd-ball builds being FURTHER invalidated because Sega cant fucking realize how badly the playerbase can, will, and ALWAYS break their god damn game.

a;lskdgalsihupoaliw;jksghop[uygw;gklbvejm;sdgr khsnm

untrustful
Sep 21, 2015, 12:41 AM
*Episode 5*
SEGA: Oh we messed up, we'll need to fix this.
*Loudspeaker*
SEGA: We are releasing new titles that allow subclass weapons to have a higher status effect infliction rate. Thank you.

Mattykins
Sep 21, 2015, 12:43 AM
@GHNeko

Dude dude, like... I get you're mad and all, but like... step away from your computer, go outside, take a deep breath and count to ten. Jesus.

GHNeko
Sep 21, 2015, 12:47 AM
NIGGA THE SALT IS FLOWING AND IT WON'T STOP.

As a game designer who values good design, community interaction, asymmetrical balance, and high depth; bone headed choices like this trigger the fuck out of me.

Kokurokoki
Sep 21, 2015, 12:51 AM
As someone who literally plays builds that NO one else plays, this shit really just grind my gears.

It's like, I get the PURPOSE of main class skills.

To encourage people to MAIN that class instead of slap it to sub class status like everyone did with HU all through episode 2.

But shoehorning people into specific ways of play does NOT make your game last 10 god damn years.

It does everything BUT make it last longer.

Variety is one of the strongest tools for longevity in a god damn mother fucking video game.

In a game like PSO2 if you want people to play more, then you need to give them MORE ways to play and tunneling class builds so that everyone plays HU/FI, FI/HU, GU/RA, FO/TE, TE/FO, BR/HU, BO/HU and other god damn shit like that is NOT going to do the job.

FI/BR is a fast paced, high intensity, high risk, high reward class that is legitimately fun to play. But nope FUCK THAT NOISE SON. BR/HU CUZ THE TITLES WILL SURE AS HELL INVALIDATE FI/BR MORE THAN IT DOES NOW.

GU/BR is a fucking BOSS KILL that uses both Bows and TMGs to fuck niggas up and cock slap a boss or two. BUT NOPE BR?GU BOWS ONLY FINAL DESTINATION.

GU/BO is a challenging class that allows you to build chain during CT with TMGs and Dual blades while you're allowed to have respectable damage with both weapons. BUT NAH, BO/GU FUCK TMGS. ONE WEAPON ONLY PLEBS.

This nonsense goes on.

If you have MILLIONS of people playing the god damn same thing, they're going to optimize that thing infinitely faster which will completely KILL the lifespan of the metagame.

Niggas will minmax your fucking game in a heart beat and Sega is HELPING them do that shit with this EXTREMELY STUPID Design choice.

Now there are going to be builds that further stand above the rest, and MORE people are going to gravitate towards that shit and everyone is going to minmax and optimize that much sooner because there is less variety and thought being put into how people play and then THATS how people get bored THAT much faster and its fucking retarded and i seriously dont like this shit because I actually LIKE this game and the friends I've made and dont like seeing my odd-ball builds being FURTHER invalidated because Sega cant fucking realize how badly the playerbase can, will, and ALWAYS break their god damn game.

a;lskdgalsihupoaliw;jksghop[uygw;gklbvejm;sdgr khsnm

They should not have put damage multipliers in period. There are far more interesting ways to develop a skill tree for an action RPG than to just make half of your skills "LOL DAMEGE OVER 9000". Like... I'm staring at the Hunter Skill tree and its giving me cancer. I don't even want to know what the Fighter tree looks like...

Ranger had some really cool and interesting skills in their status bullets. But no one picks those because "MOAR DAMAGE YOU FUCKING FAGGOT! WAT R U CASUL?"

nguuuquaaa
Sep 21, 2015, 12:54 AM
It's like TE main is popular enough that SEGA decided to nerf the fuck out of its bossing potential :wacko:

Xaelouse
Sep 21, 2015, 01:01 AM
This move kinda gives them more leeway to add more utility skills and perhaps more non-mainclass skills again that dont translate to "more damage" in the future. Since this is a free damage boost to main classes using main weapons that has nothing to do with skill tree.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 21, 2015, 01:02 AM
They should not have put damage multipliers in period. There are far more interesting ways to develop a skill tree for an action RPG than to just make half of your skills "LOL DAMEGE OVER 9000". Like... I'm staring at the Hunter Skill tree and its giving me cancer. I don't even want to know what the Fighter tree looks like...

Ranger had some really cool and interesting skills in their status bullets. But no one picks those because "MOAR DAMAGE YOU FUCKING FAGGOT! WAT R U CASUL?"

The worst example of that was just when Hu skill tree just got its rework from fury stance giving S atk, to giving multipliers;

Every.
Single.
Point.
Was needed to max damage.
Getting ANYTHING not on the left side of the tree = lost multipliers from the left side of the tree. That includes weapon gears!

It's not like now where you actually have a choice after getting the left side, such as grabbing massive hunter, throwing a spare point into iron will, throwing 23 points into S atk up if you want for +185 S atk, etc...

Cutting down the BS bloat at the start of EP3 was a step in the right direction, but that leaves the matter of cookie-cutter setups, and the march to enforce a rigid metagame...

This move kinda gives them more leeway to add more utility skills and perhaps more non-mainclass skills again that dont translate to "more damage" in the future. Since this is a free damage boost to main classes using main weapons that has nothing to do with skill tree.

That is some hella wishful thinking there.

Sanguine2009
Sep 21, 2015, 01:43 AM
It's like TE main is popular enough that SEGA decided to nerf the fuck out of its bossing potential :wacko:

You do realize that techers bossing potential is not being nerfed, right? A buff to main class weapons is not a nerf to sub weapons. For techer this is a straight buff.

nguuuquaaa
Sep 21, 2015, 01:52 AM
You do realize that techers bossing potential is not being nerfed, right? A buff to main class weapons is not a nerf to sub weapons. For techer this is a straight buff.

HU: Partisan, WL, sword
FI: TD, knuckles
RA: rifle
GU: TMG, rifle
FO: rod, talis
BR: katana, bow
BO: DB

Now would you like to tell me what should I use on bosses as a TE? Wand smacking? Do you even TE?
Every classes have a buff to their bossing potential, excluding TE. Totally an indirect nerf. Just like gunslash.

LunaSolstice
Sep 21, 2015, 01:54 AM
I have no problems with this damage bonus lol

A damage bonus to my favorite weapons? Don't see any reason for me to dislike it lol

I do like gunslash alot though but its not the main weapon I use majority of the time.

Sanguine2009
Sep 21, 2015, 01:58 AM
HU: Partisan, WL, sword
FI: TD, knuckles
RA: rifle
GU: TMG, rifle
FO: rod, talis
BR: katana, bow
BO: DB

Now would you like to tell me what should I use on bosses as a TE? Wand smacking? Do you even TE?
Every classes have a buff to their bossing potential, excluding TE. Totally an indirect nerf. Just like gunslash.

Bow or wand if Te/Br, Wired lance, partizan, or wand as Te/Hu. Exactly same as before. Its not like techer will have trouble killing things suddenly. And gunslash was already shit, its not like a 10% boost would change that.

milranduil
Sep 21, 2015, 01:59 AM
They aren't nerfing bow/partisan/WL for te. They are just buffing wand, so it's an indirect nerf to your better bossing weapons.

BlankM
Sep 21, 2015, 02:01 AM
Seems "okay" to me. Nothing is actually getting nerfed so all its doing is making sub-optimal builds more apparent they are sub-optimal. It might be a detriment to the variety of the game if you find switching weapons to be less desirable, or it could actually help it since many classes just aren't worth maining right now.

un1t27
Sep 21, 2015, 02:17 AM
KEEP crying gunslash casuals.

Squal_FFVIII
Sep 21, 2015, 02:21 AM
Dat nigga GHNeko is straight trippin'.

On a side note, people actually MAIN gunslash? lol

GHNeko
Sep 21, 2015, 02:31 AM
Dat nigga GHNeko is straight trippin'.

On a side note, people actually MAIN gunslash? lol

hell yeah nigga im trippin

this shit is mad fucking dumb

smh like for real tho

niggas cant even fucking do shit properly for more than an update at a time.

they seem to fuck something up every other update.

wtf do you get paid for ps team?

the fact that its gunslash is getting laughed at shows these niggas cant fucking get their head together in terms of weapon balance.

they been doin aiiight on classes and shit

but weapons? lol

they're still throwing shit at the wall

Sanguine2009
Sep 21, 2015, 02:35 AM
They aren't nerfing bow/partisan/WL for te. They are just buffing wand, so it's an indirect nerf to your better bossing weapons.

It would only be a nerf if sega makes future bosses strong enough that techer struggles or is a liability. Otherwise while techer does not excel at bossing like ranger its adequate enough to pull its weight.

On the buff in general, sub weapons should compliment a classes own weapons and add versatility, not replace them or invalidate using the class they come from as a main. The fact fi/* can use many sub-class's weapons better than the classes they come from is atrocious from a design standpoint, this should help with that issue a bit. Aside from enemies already being too weak and players already being to strong in general this buff is a good thing.

Dammy
Sep 21, 2015, 02:37 AM
episode 2 - everyone main HU
episode 3 -everyone main FI

thats what you call a choice? SEGA actually trying to fix it with main class things

take a bow for example. you can main RA for sharpshooter or you can main BR for bow charge bonus, that is a choice

milranduil
Sep 21, 2015, 02:38 AM
It would only be a nerf if sega makes future bosses strong enough that techer struggles or is a liability. Otherwise while techer does not excel at bossing like ranger its adequate enough to pull its weight.

On the buff in general, sub weapons should compliment a classes own weapons and add versatility, not replace them or invalidate using the class they come from as a main. The fact fi/* can use many sub-class's weapons better than the classes they come from is atrocious from a design standpoint, this should help with that issue a bit. Aside from enemies already being too weak and players already being to strong in general this buff is a good thing.

no it is objectively a nerf to techer's bossing capabilities whether it's direct or indirect. it's bossing weps are now less powerful compared to it's alternative (wand).

WEED420BLAZEIT
Sep 21, 2015, 02:44 AM
i wonder why SEGA give us these damage boosts, is it because the upcoming TD4: Rekt Edition / flyling flower thing?

also

i didn't know Hulk Hogan is also playing pso2

Brother Jack Dude

only love.HH

Kokurokoki
Sep 21, 2015, 02:51 AM
The worst example of that was just when Hu skill tree just got its rework from fury stance giving S atk, to giving multipliers;

Every.
Single.
Point.
Was needed to max damage.
Getting ANYTHING not on the left side of the tree = lost multipliers from the left side of the tree. That includes weapon gears!

It's not like now where you actually have a choice after getting the left side, such as grabbing massive hunter, throwing a spare point into iron will, throwing 23 points into S atk up if you want for +185 S atk, etc...

Cutting down the BS bloat at the start of EP3 was a step in the right direction, but that leaves the matter of cookie-cutter setups, and the march to enforce a rigid metagame...

I started playing during Episode 3, so I don't know how it was with the previous episodes. But from what you've told me that sounds pretty horrid.

At least IMO, it's still pretty badly setup even now. I would have preferred more utility skills over just raw damage to give the classes more depth. In fact, maybe remove the percentage multipliers entirely and just keep the 3 S-ATK skills. Or heck throw in hybrid skills and PAs that allow all the classes to synergize with each other. And I mean all the classes.

nguuuquaaa
Sep 21, 2015, 03:19 AM

It's not like TE/HUs aren't struggle enough with current bosses :wacko:
Yep, totally not :wacko:

isCasted
Sep 21, 2015, 03:22 AM
i wonder why SEGA give us these damage boosts, is it because the upcoming TD4: Rekt Edition / flyling flower thing?

More like to make us catch up with lv80 enemies by the time our own levels will be 80, because stuff is so much stronger at 80 than it is at 70.

It's not like it's needed, though. Ultimate is already easier than EQs in pre-SHAQ days.

Our damage potency grew in, like, 15-20 times since those days for most class combos, even though we only passed 10 levels.

But hey, play more - get stronger! Gotta dripfeed hard.

Sanguine2009
Sep 21, 2015, 03:38 AM
It's not like TE/HUs aren't struggle enough with current bosses :wacko:
Yep, totally not :wacko:

You sound like someone who never player techer before ep3's buffs when it had actual problems bossing.

You have massive hunter + wand melee, volgraptor combos, holding current, and in mpas zanverse support. You won't match a ranger or similar output class but if you struggle the problem might be between the keyboard and the monitor.

milranduil
Sep 21, 2015, 03:44 AM
if you struggle the problem might be between the keyboard and the monitor.

you sit between your kb and monitor? :wacko:

LonelyGaruga
Sep 21, 2015, 03:49 AM
You sound like someone who never player techer before ep3's buffs when it had actual problems bossing.

You have massive hunter + wand melee, volgraptor combos, holding current, and in mpas zanverse support. You won't match a ranger or similar output class but if you struggle the problem might be between the keyboard and the monitor.

The only bossing method Techer has that's actually good is BA tech combos. The rest of those are indeed pretty bad compared to every other class.

ArcaneTechs
Sep 21, 2015, 03:53 AM
So aside from mix reactions (and whatever fucking reason why people want Gunslash buffed) how are the JP players feeling about this so far? It's peaked my curiosity

Dammy
Sep 21, 2015, 03:53 AM
btw, why noone rage about 13* being main class only?

ArcaneTechs
Sep 21, 2015, 03:55 AM
mah Meta, only a matter of time until multi class 13*'s come out...maybic

So aside from mix reactions (and whatever fucking reason why people want Gunslash buffed) how are the JP players feeling about this so far? It's peaked my curiosity

Sanguine2009
Sep 21, 2015, 03:59 AM
The only bossing method Techer has that's actually good is BA tech combos. The rest of those are indeed pretty bad compared to every other class.

Techer is worst at bossing out of the classes certainly, however I would disagree that it struggles with them. That has more to do with bosses being underpowered compared to players than it does with techer being well suited to killing bosses though. Fact of the matter is a well built and equipped character will steam roll current content regardless of which class they are.

Achelousaurus
Sep 21, 2015, 04:06 AM
episode 2 - everyone main HU
episode 3 -everyone main FI

thats what you call a choice? SEGA actually trying to fix it with main class things

take a bow for example. you can main RA for sharpshooter or you can main BR for bow charge bonus, that is a choice
Actually in ep 2 people were avoiding main hu like the plague. For good reason, too.

Anyway, I like this boost.
I'm tired of fi/x meta or gtfo because I've always hated fi.
In 2013 it was the reason I stopped playing altogether and I haven't started liking it that much more, just arranged myself with it.

I don't really play any other classes where this is an issue so I don't really care about the rest, as people mentioned fo/te for casting is standard anyway cause of element conversion.

Just one thing seems annoying, GOTTA CATCH 'EM ALL, ASH!
Give us 12* passes, then make 12* bind for the first time not when you equip, but when you buy.
Give us good reason to start buying like mad (cause who really wants to hunt ALL the shit when you can buy it?) and then in half a year or so no doubt Sega will give us expensive as FUCK items to unbind 12*.

But of course, freemium kinda got shafted. With Premium I can buy pretty much everything on the list if it's only 12* and lower but freemium now has to hunt and hunt and hunt.

Once this goes live I expect a lot of people to stop hibernating. This is probably mainly an attempt to get people to play again.

Dammy
Sep 21, 2015, 04:08 AM
Actually in ep 2 people were avoiding main hu like the plague. For good reason, too.

katana HUs for example

nguuuquaaa
Sep 21, 2015, 04:09 AM
Fact of the matter is a well built and equipped character will steam roll current content regardless of which class they are.

I dare you solo down a Bal Rodos in 1 hook with TE/HU :wacko:

LonelyGaruga
Sep 21, 2015, 04:14 AM
Techer is worst at bossing out of the classes certainly, however I would disagree that it struggles with them. That has more to do with bosses being underpowered compared to players than it does with techer being well suited to killing bosses though. Fact of the matter is a well built and equipped character will steam roll current content regardless of which class they are.

Which is why "struggling" is comparatively speaking. Of course you aren't actually going to struggle to beat a boss with wand melee, but compared to the rest of the classes in the game you might as well be! I mean, you get like, what, 20-25K in 1s with wand melee before weak points? Force can do about 80-85K in slightly less time with Ragrants, Vinto Gigue does like 125-135K...and these are some of the weaker bossing options in the game, too. Wand melee really just doesn't compare.

Vatallus
Sep 21, 2015, 06:54 AM
I don't see how giving 10% bonus to main class weapons fixes anything. It only causes more problems. I literally only have one character that runs Fi/Bo because its a Quna themed character using Zirenheit and 13* TDs as a side arm. All you are telling me is to give up the main class Fighter, go be a basic Bo/Hu, and stop taking the chances of exploding when I Limit Break.

The only thing Fighter main had that made it better than everything else was Limit Break. It seems Sega wants to put another nail into the coffin of hybrids just like they did with main class abilities.

If Fighter is so broken then make Limit Break only work on Fighter's main weapons instead of putting the final nail into the coffin for hybrids.

Also Forces gets stronger, good to see that guy they replaced Sakai with to do the balancing made them even stronger. I have one Force character so its fine I suppose. Only the Quna themed character I made got screwed with. Every other character and class combo I play just got buffed.

Rupikachu
Sep 21, 2015, 07:29 AM
katana HUs for example

More like half of ep2 was just shunka

Anyway i would like to see more love to gunslashes too, they're a fun weapon...they just suck 90% of the time

GHNeko
Sep 21, 2015, 07:33 AM
(and whatever fucking reason why people want Gunslash buffed)

If its a playable fucking weapon in the game it should be balanced alongside all other equippable weapons.

I dont really give a shit about gunslash in PSO2, but its fucking retarded to have a neglected weapon as if its some cast-off. It's really that fucking simple.

Either balance the weapon or dont fucking put it in the game.

and in this game where hybrid weapons are severely lacking and needs more variety in how people play, shunning the original hybrid weapon is just about as stupid as this weapon title bullshit.

i really dont understand this mentality from people who go "lol gunslash who cares".

PLEASE.

Please dont get me started on this retarded ass shit. We have like... soon to be 8 13* series and not a single god damn one is multiclass or has hybrid stats.

tf sega.

at least let us craft 2ndary stats onto weapons.

Let me craft tatk onto a fucking rifle.

let me craft tatk onto a fucking sword.

let me craft satk onto a TMG or bow or some shit.

Dammy
Sep 21, 2015, 07:47 AM
More like half of ep2 was just shunka

yes, but still, it was HU or gtfo
now its FI or gtfo
SEGA trying to fix it, and not with nerfs, by buffing

Vatallus
Sep 21, 2015, 08:03 AM
I might be a dunce but I don't see Fighter that often on ship 9 random MPAs. and if I do most of them are actually using TD/Knuckles/DS. Very few are using anything else.

What Sega is doing is screwing with people that took the time to craft their weapons, or decided to use weapons that can sub Fighter/Ranger/etc. Which overall is maybe 5 or 10% of the games population.

What they are doing is killing hybrids more. While most players do not play hybrids. Those that do just got slapped in the face for being different. Lets not even talk about the mess that is Gunslashes or main class abilities.

While I generally benefit from this choice. I still find it a pretty terrible choice overall and just shows again that Ichitaro can't actually balance anything. There was some new concept coming up starting with Dark Falz Double and wb resistance. Then we take a step backwards again with this.

Fi/anything got slapped. Limit Break only buffs striking damage. If this is so broken make it buff only Knuckles/TD/DS like how some of Gunner's skills only buff TMGs.

Te/Br bows got slapped.

Ra/Br bows got slapped. Admittedly a strong weapon choice Br/Ra 13* bows gets buffed.

Forces got buffed.

Short version of this. Anyone that actually uses their 13*s got buffed. That is the most basic form of this. While most 13*s were already on par with limit break fighters.

Not a single thing from this actually helps game balance. None of it. Most players just got buffed. All 13*s just got buffed. Not going to mention gunslashes because I don't know if gunslash gets the 10% or not. (Gunslash icon is listed under every class so its up in the air until this update hits I think?)

There was no game balance to be had today, only more game breaking.

SolRiver
Sep 21, 2015, 08:12 AM
I feel it is more of a move to force people to get and grind out 13* weapon than game balance.

BlankM
Sep 21, 2015, 08:21 AM
How does this not help game balance? Right now every class has an incredibly formulaic subclass guideline. Banish combos? Sub Br. Chain combos? Sub Gu. General play? Sub Hu. Now when you main these classes they actually shine in these departments rather than you just reaping all of their benefits from a subclass. Also a main class weapon PA which you might have never used for mobbing before might actually become more attractive than pulling out that partizan or katana. Leveling Hu with bert rodan? Stop that FO supremacy and use your WL.

I feel like people complaining are only thinking about how it hurts YOUR build without thinking of any potential benefits.

Hybrids have only ever been good in TA, where things die quick enough without need to specialize, and in niche party compositions. In both of these cases, they will still be good as they aren't getting nerfed whatsoever. If you switch to a subclass weapon now for actual utility, and not because your main weapon is straight up inferior, you most likely still will.

As people have been saying this mostly just hurts fi/x limit break/critical strike builds, which were already being dismissed when SEGA made 13* progression so linear.

I played heavily into hiatus for this game both 1 and 2 years ago and the variety is better now than its ever been...

FireswordRus
Sep 21, 2015, 08:25 AM
Fi boost. More damage with my DS and TD

Cyber Meteor
Sep 21, 2015, 12:06 PM
I feel it is more of a move to force people to get and grind out 13* weapon than game balance.

I personally think it's just a matter of coherence between the class and the weapons it's supposed to use. However, there is also your point, but i saw this coming few months ago when they released the Gryphon LQ with easy 300 gold badges along with that "Rare drop" song which is basically about getting the "rainbow of our dream" (rainbow drop in our case), it just seemed for me they were going to do everything to get us into using 13* and all the contents they're designing since then revolves around them. So this boost just confirms that for me, but also reinforce the fact that 13* will probably be 1 class-only forever, or if they actually release multi-class 13*s be sure they won't be strong :-P.

But i won't complain, because what is bothering me in that game is the fact that my Evil WL has more dps than my Ares DS 60 elem and +20 when i main Fighter, i personally think it should only be possible when i main Hunter (and again, a 12* shouldn't beat an ares lol). Or also, another thing that's still not fixed, mixing a striking class (HU) with a ranged class (RA) grants you almost more ranged dmg than mixing RA with GU (2 ranged-type class), i still don't get it, or why they still haven't fixed this.....:-?:-?:-?.
So this boost on main class weapon is a good thing ^^, if they want more consistency between class/weapon-type. But i'm not surprised they're going that way tbh, we're getting more and more "main class" only skills and more 13* weapons that are also 1-class only, so be prepared to say goodbye to your hybrid build when you'll get your hands on those (Ares, Invade, Nemesis, Slave, Gryphon......). The way i see it is, they're going to "repair" this hybrid system, by that i mean making the class/main weapon-type stronger than the hybrid combinations rather than the opposite we witnessed (FI/BO DB!! i'm looking at you!!), they're probably unsatisfied of how this hybrid system turned out (which is understandable, me too i'm not satisfied of how it is^^;)

Xaelouse
Sep 21, 2015, 01:52 PM
That is some hella wishful thinking there.

Well, it's a bit evident they put some thought before doing this. A % damage boost tied to titles? Nobody else probably thought of it. This is the only brilliant thing that came out of that shitty livestream.

I remember hoping for BO to get another 10% damage boost in the form of main class skill, but now I got more than I asked for because I dont have to sacrifice skill points.
So the next step, is to focus on the utility/support side of things. We'll see in Ep4.

Mysterious-G
Sep 21, 2015, 02:01 PM
I am not a fan of this new shtick to "fix" game balance via title rewards that take hours on end to collect or possibly even more depending on your RNG. It benefits only the super dedicated player - which in different circumstances wouldn't be an issue- but it is certainly not what a balance fix should be about.

Of course, it is a balance fix only secondarily, and primarily just means to have this super dedicated player spend another 5 hours a day on the game.

TaigaUC
Sep 21, 2015, 02:26 PM
None of these things makes me want to play the game more, nor do they make the game more fun for me.
IMHO that is a failure of game design. So what if they're making me a little stronger, it's still the same damn game.
I'll only go out of my way to get the titles if I'm only a few short of obtaining one, otherwise screw it.

Also not a fan of SEGA trying to focus on main classes = main weapon. Makes things more boring, to me.

LonelyGaruga
Sep 21, 2015, 03:03 PM
Apparently GS was indeed stated to qualify for all of the main class bonuses during the livestream. Wonder why nobody mentioned that here.

Also why do people keep talking about the weapon collection titles like they're gonna be difficult to acquire? Chances are most players already qualify for many of them and require minimal effort to acquire the rest of them. Most players that play the game, at least.

Dammy
Sep 21, 2015, 03:28 PM
Apparently GS was indeed stated to qualify for all of the main class bonuses during the livestream. Wonder why nobody mentioned that here.

Also why do people keep talking about the weapon collection titles like they're gonna be difficult to acquire? Chances are most players already qualify for many of them and require minimal effort to acquire the rest of them. Most players that play the game, at least.

yep
its lobby dancers

Zorua
Sep 21, 2015, 03:36 PM

You'd be amazed at how unlucky some people are.

Mysterious-G
Sep 21, 2015, 03:44 PM
Should a good dose of the playerbase already apply for these titles, then I have two qualms with that:

If just meant as another way to raise our stats, then these titles should be much more difficult to aquire, seeing how a 10% boost is by no means neglectable.
If, however, meant to balance the classes of this game, then this fix should not be in need of the title rewards system to begin with, as any balance fix should apply to 100% of the player populace without any player having to do anything to make use of it.

You cannot call this a fix and say these titles are easy to earn, but not think that earning them in the first place should not be a necessity. These fixes should just be put in place, plain and simple.

Qualia
Sep 21, 2015, 03:55 PM
Heaven forbid sega wants to reward players who accomplish things. People complain about anything, I guess.

un1t27
Sep 21, 2015, 03:59 PM
Heaven forbid sega wants to reward players who accomplish things. People complain about anything, I guess.

When it comes to SEGA that's all they do.

Qualia
Sep 21, 2015, 04:02 PM
When it comes to SEGA that's all they do.

There's nothing wrong with a game being rewarding.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 21, 2015, 04:38 PM
If, however, meant to balance the classes of this game, then this fix should not be in need of the title rewards system to begin with, as any balance fix should apply to 100% of the player populace without any player having to do anything to make use of it.

Sounds like the level 17 PA bullshit all over again, but far less rage-inducing because anyone who plays that game doesn't have to hunt from the ground up for their class to feel more 'balanced'. Trying, and epically failing at disguising balance fixes as some sort of character progression the player should work for to extend the life of the game is shameful, and that is exactly what they have been doing with the lvl17 melee PA buffs, and now this.

There's nothing wrong with a game being rewarding.

What's wrong with it is explained by what I just posted.

Kondibon
Sep 21, 2015, 04:46 PM
Honestly, I don't think this has anything to do with balance fixes. It seems more like they're trying to give people character progression without raising the level cap. Same with the level cap bonuses. The thing is, they're for stuff people may have already completed so they don't do that very well either... >_>

Mysterious-G
Sep 21, 2015, 04:55 PM
Honestly, I don't think this has anything to do with balance fixes. It seems more like they're trying to give people character progression without raising the level cap. Same with the level cap bonuses. The thing is, they're for stuff people may have already completed so they don't do that very well either... >_>

Exactly. This being a reward for an accomplishment is absolutely alright in theory. But what is the point if I log in after updating the client on Wednesday, just to find these titles already unlocked? Where is the sense of accomplishment in that? It's not there

Qualia
Sep 21, 2015, 05:08 PM
Exactly. This being a reward for an accomplishment is absolutely alright in theory. But what is the point if I log in after updating the client on Wednesday, just to find these titles already unlocked? Where is the sense of accomplishment in that? It's not there

I definitely still feel accomplished for capping my classes despite only just getting class cap title rewards. Just because you've already met a requirement for new titles doesn't mean there's no sense of accomplishment. A new player would definitely see obtaining these weapon collection titles a daunting task, so you should be glad you already meet the requirements instead of complaining about free things that you basically earned anyway.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 21, 2015, 05:22 PM
It may be that they didn't intend to balance the game with these, but then it begs the question of just... why? I guess they don't think absurd amounts of multipliers makes everything better...

Kondibon
Sep 21, 2015, 05:22 PM
you should be glad you already meet the requirements instead of complaining about free things that you basically earned anyway.Free stuff for things you already did isn't giving you new things to do though, which is the problem here. They're throwing little boosts at players to encourage them to cap classes, and collect weapons, but not actually giving us enough to DO with those little extra boosts, and it feels like they're skirting around increasing the level cap.

EDIT: also, while I'm thinking about it, there's a difference between free power creep and free QoL. If a QoL change retroactively gives you something, I'm not going to complain, but this is just 10% damage aquired through rng or lots of meseta, while basically narrowing down player build variety even more, and doesn't actually do much to make the game more convenient, or interesting.

Qualia
Sep 21, 2015, 05:29 PM
I think we're assuming too much that this update is tailored towards players at endgame without anything to do. We're getting new content in literally a month, and even more in December. If you can't wait that long, then take a break from the game tbh.

Kondibon
Sep 21, 2015, 05:30 PM
If you can't wait that long, then take a break from the game tbh.I am. :wacko:

GHNeko
Sep 21, 2015, 05:31 PM
How does this not help game balance? Right now every class has an incredibly formulaic subclass guideline. Banish combos? Sub Br. Chain combos? Sub Gu. General play? Sub Hu. Now when you main these classes they actually shine in these departments rather than you just reaping all of their benefits from a subclass. Also a main class weapon PA which you might have never used for mobbing before might actually become more attractive than pulling out that partizan or katana. Leveling Hu with bert rodan? Stop that FO supremacy and use your WL.

I feel like people complaining are only thinking about how it hurts YOUR build without thinking of any potential benefits.

Hybrids have only ever been good in TA, where things die quick enough without need to specialize, and in niche party compositions. In both of these cases, they will still be good as they aren't getting nerfed whatsoever. If you switch to a subclass weapon now for actual utility, and not because your main weapon is straight up inferior, you most likely still will.

As people have been saying this mostly just hurts fi/x limit break/critical strike builds, which were already being dismissed when SEGA made 13* progression so linear.

I played heavily into hiatus for this game both 1 and 2 years ago and the variety is better now than its ever been...

They're shoehorning people in and reducing variety in builds. If the issue is that everyone is playing FI/X then fucking change FI, dont fuck with people who are using subclass combos that doesnt involve FI.

Shit like Gu/Br or Gu/Bo or Fo/Br or Fo/Ra or Fo/Gu or Ra/Br.

On top of that, a new class is coming out soon, so you better believe that non-FI subclass combos are going to be born and they're already getting the short end of the stick lol.

Hybrids not being viable out side of scenario A-E is stupid and its because of Sega's retarded design choices that force specialization instead of hybridization with general play.

Allowing hybrids to be viable in all situations is what brings in more variety. What sega is doing is encouraging the opposite.

Yes there is more variety from 1-2 years ago but that doesnt mean shit compared to what it COULD be if they just learned to make classes have better synergy with each other without breaking the god damn game.

This isnt just about FI/X and assuming it is is shortsighted.

Mattykins
Sep 21, 2015, 05:33 PM
New content each month would be great if they actually gave us a month's worth of content each time. :V

Maenara
Sep 21, 2015, 05:34 PM
New content each month would be great if they actually gave us a month's worth of content each time. :V

Sega could easily design 20~30 unique ARKS quests with unique objectives and unique, but minor rewards and that would be enough for a long time.

GHNeko
Sep 21, 2015, 05:42 PM
Sega could easily design 20~30 unique ARKS quests with unique objectives and unique, but minor rewards and that would be enough for a long time.

So basically...PSO1 style quests?

Unnamed Player
Sep 21, 2015, 05:43 PM
unique ARKS quests with unique objectives
I would rather see some unique level design first, every map so far is more or less just a copy of the previous one with different textures.

GHNeko
Sep 21, 2015, 05:51 PM
I would rather see some unique level design first, every map so far is more or less just a copy of the previous one with different textures.

So basically...PSO1 style quests?

K appa

BlankM
Sep 21, 2015, 06:04 PM
They're shoehorning people in and reducing variety in builds. If the issue is that everyone is playing FI/X then fucking change FI, dont fuck with people who are using subclass combos that doesnt involve FI.

Shit like Gu/Br or Gu/Bo or Fo/Br or Fo/Ra.

If you bring up some shit about them not being viable, its because of Sega's retarded design choices that force specialization instead of hybridization.

Allowing hybrids to be viable in all situations is what brings in more variety. What sega is doing is encouraging the opposite.

Yes there is more variety from 1-2 years ago but that doesnt mean shit compared to what it COULD be if they just learned to make classes have better synergy with each other without breaking the god damn game.

This isnt just about FI/X and assuming it is is shortsighted.

There's nothing wrong with specialization. Its better than the alternative of having access to the best bossing and/or mobbing PA simply from subclassing, which then becomes the primary option to anyone who can do so. Your solution doesn't necessarily equal variety.

Hybridization is fundamentally just not something that warrants unique catering to in this game, because there are no enemies that need to be killed by specific things. The difference in enemy resistances to magic/striking/shooting triangle is basically null. Even elemental weaknesses are folly and just encourage people to specialize for every area. If hybridizing between weapon types were good the game would not necessarily even be better for it. You'd just be switching to your subclass weapon for a PA and then going back.

cheapgunner
Sep 21, 2015, 06:07 PM
I'd love to see new Arks Quests. I think what is needed is quests where instea dof justing clicking enemies and killing them for meseta and drops, ones where u have specific actions like building shit like minecraft.

What Fi's limit break should have given also is a smaler boost and no HP penalty for those who have Fi subbed using it. That way you can still get a boost but not as significant.

Mattykins
Sep 21, 2015, 06:09 PM
Minecraft in PSO2? Yeah, that's just what this community needs: more autism.

Squal_FFVIII
Sep 21, 2015, 06:09 PM
I thought most people already played a "pure" class i'm actually surprised at all the raging here lol.

Hardly anyone plays hybrid classes.

I haven't played a hybrid class since PSU came out. Though hybrid classes were more viable in that game. But they were still pretty shit compared to the "pure" classes.

The only pso game were I actually played a hybrid was in GC pso my main was a RAmarl. That class could pretty much do it all. Very good range, good melee, and good support.

As for the topic itself i'm happy with the 10% bonus for using the class main weapons. I main HU/FI (sword) so i'm fine with this of course. My other character is a FO/TE so i'm good xD

GHNeko
Sep 21, 2015, 06:10 PM
There's nothing wrong with specialization. Its better than the alternative of having access to the best bossing and/or mobbing PA simply from subclassing, which then becomes the primary option to anyone who can do so. Your solution doesn't necessarily equal variety.

Hybridization is fundamentally just not something that warrants unique catering to in this game, because there are no enemies that need to be killed by specific things. The difference in enemy resistances to magic/striking/shooting triangle is basically null. Even elemental weaknesses are folly and just encourage people to specialize for every area. If hybridizing between weapon types were good the game would not necessarily even be better for it. You'd just be switching to your subclass weapon for a PA and then going back.

I'm not just talking about weapon hybrids but skill tree hybridizing as well.

But you're right, if anything this game needs more content where the de facto would simply be switching a weapon for a PA and switch back.

But even then THAT is better than now.

I am more annoyed by the direction of this design choice than its immediate effects.

Hybridizing between weapon times would very much so increase variety which is soemthing the game needs if it wishes to strive for longevity. That's why they add classes and weapon types and areas.

They should be doing their best to add and balance variety on as many levels as possible.

Crafting was a huge huge step in that direction as well.

Kondibon
Sep 21, 2015, 06:13 PM
I thought most people already played a "pure" class i'm actually surprised at all the raging here lol.

Even with "pure classes" there are cases where you want one class's main class skills and another's weapons, like Fi/anything, Ra/Br, or Te/Br.

GHNeko
Sep 21, 2015, 06:25 PM
Most people play "pure" classes because the game tunnels them into for the most part.

You have to intentionally go against the grain for non-cookie cutter builds and because that territory is so underexplored, there is no guarenteed you'll find something game changing or viable enough to be picked up by the masses. And not a lot of people are willing to venture blindly into an expedition like that with the chance that their efforts may be in vain/wasted and now they'll have to spend money to undo their expedition, make a new account, or simply live with their failure; especially if they dont have a certain level of understanding underneath the hood of the game's mechanics.

Fo/Gu is barely a thing that people think about because with so many people playing common builds and so little guides and information on Fo/Gu; you're not going to have low-mid level players comming across it, understanding how it works in a sense, and picking it up because its fun. They're more likely to just come across the first thing that's fun and have a majority of meta players absorb them into the hivemind.

Br/Gu; Chain Banishing was a thing for aaaages but it wasnt until someone decided to do something with it and forced the entirty of PSO2 to pick it up for magatsu thrasing to bring Br/Gu into people's minds as a decent class.

But this isnt going to happen a lot; especially when no one is encouraged to experiement and branch out on top of the fact that extra trees cost real money and reset passes are not given out frequently enough to warrent idle experimentation.

Selphea
Sep 21, 2015, 06:38 PM
At first blush Gu/Bo is just going to shift towards TMG usage which is already better for XH as it is due to headshot multiplier on mobs.

Gu/Br already lost to Br/Gu for Chain Banish when Ideals were released, it's only a question of gear.

Fo/Br is still 1.63x on charged techs vs weak element and Banish is a ridiculous enough multiplier to not be affected much.

Fo/Gu has been using Talis to finish the Chain for a while now, not much change there.

The impression I have of Ra/Br is that it was already on the down trend with UQ making Ra/Hu more practical. Incidentally Ideal paved the way for Kamikaze Br/Hu rather than Br/Ra.

I'll wait for this to play out but so far the biggest casualty on my side is Gunslash Fi/Ra ;_;

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 21, 2015, 06:50 PM
I'll wait for this to play out but so far the biggest casualty on my side is Gunslash Fi/Ra ;_;

That is assuming GS really does miss out. Getting some conflicting info, and it really sounds like an intentional oversight for no good reason if that is the case. Each class' bonus should rightfully apply to GS when mained...

LonelyGaruga
Sep 21, 2015, 07:26 PM
It works for GS. A friend of mine told me a friend of theirs who understands Japanese caught that they confirmed on livestream that GS would get the damage bonus regardless of class.

vaerix
Sep 21, 2015, 07:40 PM
Doesn't help the fact that gunslash is still fairly niche.

yoshiblue
Sep 21, 2015, 07:42 PM
Minecraft in PSO2? Yeah, that's just what this community needs: more autism.

Have to say, at this point they might be the breath of fresh air we need.

Nitro Vordex
Sep 23, 2015, 06:26 PM
The fact that we're barred even further with experimentation by having to pay to reset our trees is incredibly infuriating to me. Sure, we have all those reset passes, but that shouldn't have been something we needed to pay for in the first place. If it costed meseta to reset it, I'd be perfectly fine with that. That way you could at least earn your skill reset. It may seem trivial, but remember that putting a point in permanently puts that point there, unless you get another pass. That's irritating.

I really wish this game just let us fuck around with builds, instead of actively limiting them.

GS should be main weapon for the new class. :wacko:

yoshiblue
Sep 23, 2015, 06:28 PM
Virtual ON class. Now with Side Leaping action. Which would be kinda of cool since we already have a 3 stage gear. So I can see gunslash gear acting like Virtual On's cooldown system for things like Aiming Shot shooting three times instead of one, Rave Slash getting extended range, and then the middle one being used for a super boost in damage or status. So which gear bar is used would essentially all be based on where you slot your PAs.

Achelousaurus
Sep 23, 2015, 07:25 PM

Cause of the 12* And cause it's 70 weapons per class and the vast majority of us plays more than 1 main class frequently.
You have to find the stuff yourself so now everyone has to go hunt shitty gear regardless of premium or not.
Not even sure stuff like 12* Zieg gives you for showing him live weapons count.
Either way you also have to spend a whole bunch of stones on all the XQ and AQ stuff.
Sega probably patting themselves on the back right about now thinking it's ingenius to make everyone chase after crap for this.
Recycled content and kept even premium just as busy as freemium.

I got 56 katanas in my library but getting the rest will be annoying. And katana is hardly the only weapon I use but it's one of those with the highest number of stuff I found, others I got maybe 40 of in my library.
This is just retarded.
10% is just enough to be worth mentioning but the effort is far too big to justify running after all the rest you haven't found yet for more than your one true main class.
And I'm not even sure I'll be doing that. So in the end it's either be frustrated cause you can't get the titles or actually spend absurd amounts of time to get them all.

The idea of a mainclass boost is nice but the method of obtaining them is stupid.

TwistedShaerk
Sep 23, 2015, 07:31 PM
I got 56 katanas in my library but getting the rest will be annoying. And katana is hardly the only weapon I use but it's one of those with the highest number of stuff I found, others I got maybe 40 of in my library.
This is just retarded.

If you've got enough bows you'll have all the Br boosts because their total count is what matters.

KazukiQZ
Sep 23, 2015, 07:33 PM
Remind me again how much weapon needed for each class? 70?

Rakurai
Sep 23, 2015, 07:34 PM
I thought they said that the number of weapons needed for the max bonus would differ between classes.

I'd think the two weapon classes like FO and BR would need less.

Achelousaurus
Sep 24, 2015, 08:48 AM
If you've got enough bows you'll have all the Br boosts because their total count is what matters.
So, you mean just have found any combination of 70 (or whatever amount) different 10*-12* weapons for that class and it's the full 10% for all weapons of the class?
That would actually be perfectly fine.
Not sure why but I thought it would have to be 70 specific ones and some 12* among them, like have ground to +10 titles require you to grind specific weapons to +10.
If it's any ol' combination I suppose most of us already got the full 10% for most classes without lifting a finger.
I'd like to say this makes more sense but you never know with Sega. Until recently I would have said no way it can be that easy but recently Sega has given us a lot of easy upgrades and stuff.

Raujinn
Sep 24, 2015, 10:11 AM
Easy for us. Not necessarily easy for new players.

Well... "easy", "not terribly time consuming".

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 24, 2015, 12:06 PM
Easy for us. Not necessarily easy for new players.

Just like the SP for cubes COs. You'd think new players would give SEGA a bit more of a backlash over this.

branflakes325
Sep 24, 2015, 12:27 PM
Aside from how this change further centralizes the "viability" of classes in PSO2, why do we even need another 10% damage boost in the first place? At the very best this allows us to shred through monotonous quests even faster to grind for our 500 13* stones.

Where is SEGA going with this shit?

edit: are we certain that gunslash isn't going to be part of this boost? If main class weapons are classified as weapons types equippable by a class, gunslash would fall under this category. am i missing something?

LonelyGaruga
Sep 24, 2015, 12:41 PM
So, you mean just have found any combination of 70 (or whatever amount) different 10*-12* weapons for that class and it's the full 10% for all weapons of the class?
That would actually be perfectly fine.

That's exactly how it is. 70 is confirmed for Hunter, which has 3 weapons, so my assumption is that Hunter and Fighter will need 70, and the 2 weapon classes will need 45-50. Bouncer may require less because it has dramatically fewer weapons than the rest of the classes.

Speaking for myself, if my assumption is correct, I already have 5/8 of the bonuses and only need 2 weapons to make that 7/8. Only odd one is Bouncer. So yeah this bonus is pretty easy!

Achelousaurus
Sep 24, 2015, 01:45 PM
Just like the SP for cubes COs. You'd think new players would give SEGA a bit more of a backlash over this.
lol
I guess most new players simply don't think that far ahead. I wouldn't either if I'm just lvl 44/32 or something.

That's exactly how it is. 70 is confirmed for Hunter, which has 3 weapons, so my assumption is that Hunter and Fighter will need 70, and the 2 weapon classes will need 45-50. Bouncer may require less because it has dramatically fewer weapons than the rest of the classes.

Speaking for myself, if my assumption is correct, I already have 5/8 of the bonuses and only need 2 weapons to make that 7/8. Only odd one is Bouncer. So yeah this bonus is pretty easy!
Sweet. Guess I overreacted. Nowadays Sega's decisions swing either way, we might get something like Austere weapons that sound like one massive grindfest rip off and we get something like this...or invade weapons that are cheap as hell (Invade even without potential should be stronger than red at potential 3).

Mattykins
Sep 24, 2015, 02:22 PM
Just glad it's not like the old days where you were lucky to get even just one 10*+ from a run :V Still, won't stop me from using my bow on my RaBr, and there's nothing wrong with that. Shouldn't Sega be encouraging people to think outside the box? They have one of the worst cases of "No, you're doing it wrong. Play the game as we say you should." I've seen in a while. :T With this and with how Gunner's been treated over the past year or so.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 24, 2015, 02:32 PM
Where is SEGA going with this shit?

That is the million dollar question.

Why do we have this arms race?

What is it for?

What warrants it now?

The necessity of 13*'s power aside from getting us to stop playing visophone hero was questionable, but with invade/austre on the horizon potentially being the 13* to end all 13*s, the class bonuses, and the weapon collection bonuses...

Maenara
Sep 24, 2015, 03:40 PM
lol
I guess most new players simply don't think that far ahead. I wouldn't either if I'm just lvl 44/32 or something.

It's because every time Sega announces a power increases, the vast majority of the player base collectively orgasms. It's not until months later that those players realize that it was bullshit all along. "Huh, weird, this game stops being fun when I can one shot everything and nothing can kill me." "Huh,weird, I keep having to put in weeks of work just for something better to come out a week after that..."

Mattykins
Sep 24, 2015, 03:53 PM
I don't even get the fervor for top-of-the-line shit. Like, I understand not wanting to be in an MPA with someone using a 7* weapon at +6 and no affixes, but like... I have a shitton of 13*s. When something new comes out for me, it's like... "Woo, I can increase my damage by like a few points. Now I can oneshot mobs even harder, I guess?"

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 24, 2015, 04:27 PM
When something new comes out for me, it's like... "Woo, I can increase my damage by like a few points. Now I can oneshot mobs even harder, I guess?"

It has been that way for years.

It's just that right now getting a 13* of 60 element at all is the meaningful upgrade. After that, continuously grinding for 13*s of the same weapon category holds as much meaning as upgrading from burn spada to dragon slayer way back when before they had potentials to help kill things faster (dat 67 extra attack doe!). I get the feeling SEGA will make the PD 13*s noticeably stronger compared to our current 13*s to keep the carrot fresh, though...

untrustful
Sep 24, 2015, 04:33 PM
It's in preparation for episode 4. I'm sure of it.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 24, 2015, 04:47 PM
It's in preparation for episode 4. I'm sure of it.

Just being called episode 4 isn't enough to mean anything. They'd have to back it up with some actual content to justify this power creep.

Selphea
Sep 24, 2015, 04:52 PM
So what adjective sounds more intense than "Extra"?

milranduil
Sep 24, 2015, 04:55 PM
They'll troll us and just call it "ultimate hard" :wacko:

Kondibon
Sep 24, 2015, 04:55 PM

Mega?

Maenara
Sep 24, 2015, 04:57 PM
Ultra Hard.

Ultra Hard Ultimate Quests will use pre-nerf AI and enemy stat values. Of course, since since this will be level 100 content, they'll go down even easier than before.

LonelyGaruga
Sep 24, 2015, 04:57 PM
Content to justify power increases is definitely coming out. Currently, we're looking at

-Dark Falz Double and Profound Darkness
-MBD4
-Ultimate Amduscia
-Whatever the hell the phantoms are
-Another Magatsu fight (this one tends to get overlooked)

With the Profound Darkness coming next month. That's not really far off.

Phantasm comes after Extra of course!

Cyber Meteor
Sep 24, 2015, 05:17 PM
-Another Magatsu fight (this one tends to get overlooked)

Well, even if i look at all the datamined content threads, i don't recall this new Magatsu being mentionned. So i guess it's normal it's being overlooked since it's probably the first time (or only the second?) it's mentionned in PSOW (i guess it's the same for a lot of ppl). Nice to know anyway, you just got me hyped :D

Bellion
Sep 24, 2015, 05:22 PM
Please call it Too Hard so that I can legitimately say that this game is too hard without it being just a joke!

Wonder if Persona is going to end up being an alternate host of PD, still nothing about that yet.

Kondibon
Sep 24, 2015, 05:26 PM
Please call it Too Hard so that I can legitimately say that this game is too hard without it being just a joke!Yes please.

Maenara
Sep 24, 2015, 05:27 PM
Who cares about PD, look what they did to ultimate. Do you think PD's going to survive more than sixty seconds after the first time it manages to KO a player?

untrustful
Sep 24, 2015, 05:50 PM
Beast Race + Summoner Class is gonna be for episode 4 callin it.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 24, 2015, 06:03 PM
Please call it Too Hard so that I can legitimately say that this game is too hard without it being just a joke!

Yes please.

:wacko:

LonelyGaruga
Sep 24, 2015, 06:04 PM
Well, even if i look at all the datamined content threads, i don't recall this new Magatsu being mentionned. So i guess it's normal it's being overlooked since it's probably the first time (or only the second?) it's mentionned in PSOW (i guess it's the same for a lot of ppl). Nice to know anyway, you just got me hyped :D

It was put in the files at the same time as the Profound Darkness' incomplete textures, but is less complete (no texture files for example). It might come out before or after Ultimate Amduscia, hard to say. The files associated with it label it as Magatsu Heri.

Who cares about PD, look what they did to ultimate. Do you think PD's going to survive more than sixty seconds after the first time it manages to KO a player?

1) Sega didn't touch Anga Fundarge at all.
2) Look at the trailers and tell me otherwise.
3) It's the Profound Darkness, what do you expect of it?

Maenara
Sep 24, 2015, 06:26 PM
\
1) Sega didn't touch Anga Fundarge at all.
2) Look at the trailers and tell me otherwise.
3) It's the Profound Darkness, what do you expect of it?

It'll be challenging at first. But then exactly one JP player will complain.

Spiral
Sep 24, 2015, 08:36 PM
Personally imagine that players would simply learn the fight over a week and then fit in comfortably after first few days of confusion. Don't know if previous bosses have ever been buffed or nerfed though. /doesntknowtoomuchontopictoo

Anyway, regarding original topic (10% main class weapon bonus?) was wondering if someone could link the announcement/info. Also is there a date for this update? (Already in game?)
May have passed over it while catching up through PSUBlog. Apologize if this has been asked already.

Thank you in advance!

Mattykins
Sep 24, 2015, 08:39 PM
New difficulties? With these 13*s and free power boosts they keep throwing at us, it'd better be one hell of a leap. Not that it matters since Sega'll prolly lock it behind EQs again, so who even gives a shit lol

Nitro Vordex
Sep 24, 2015, 08:49 PM
Stupid Hard.

Maenara
Sep 24, 2015, 08:50 PM
Roguelike.

Zorua
Sep 24, 2015, 10:12 PM
I hope that the final difficulty is named "Too Hard"

LunaSolstice
Sep 24, 2015, 10:20 PM
Supermegaultradoubletriplequadruple hard lol

yoshiblue
Sep 24, 2015, 10:20 PM
Mega Hard if you want to go Digimon. Because apparently Mega is more than Ultimate?

Great Pan
Sep 25, 2015, 12:02 AM
We need Dark Souls-like hard levels.

Superia
Sep 25, 2015, 03:39 AM
Dark Souls isn't hard though.

Squal_FFVIII
Sep 25, 2015, 03:44 AM
I've never played Dark Souls but some of my friends tell me that it's the hardest game EVER.

Personally I wouldn't that for pso2. Pso2 is more of a friendly casual game/waifu dress up game and I want it to stay that way.

TaigaUC
Sep 25, 2015, 03:55 AM
Dark Souls is hard in that it takes a while to get used to the unconventional controls.
You also need to be precise, careful, and not get "greedy" or take risks, or you will be punished severely.
For example, if you try to parry and are slightly late, and get hit instead, the game will assume you wanted to buffer a parry.
You will then automatically parry after your hitstun, leaving you wide open for another attack, which will often be fatal.
That's why you need to be very precise.

The other "hard" part is that it's easy to die, and when you die, you have to run back to where you died and recover your souls.
If you die again, you will lose all of them forever. Souls are used for levelling, upgrading, trading, etc.
Of course, you can just earn them back. But that takes time.
Enemies also respawn, so it's basically about being able to defeat each area's challenge efficiently and consistently. Just beating an area once by luck isn't enough.

IMO, once you get used to how the Souls games work, they're not that hard.
But they're definitely very satisfying in a risk/reward sense, as well as how the attacks/animations feel/sound very weighty.
The difficulty also depends on your playstyle choice.
I think the Souls games are much easier/safer if you wear a ton of armor and just shoot from afar.

If you want a hard game, try classic shooters or Ghouls'n'Ghosts/Goblins. Those games are brutal.
Or try the original Ninja Gaiden on NES. Enjoy the infuriating spawn placement.

I don't think PSO2 NEEDS to be like Dark Souls, but it wouldn't hurt to have the option. For the sake of fun.
SEGA's problem is because they dripfeed crap, if they do add a Dark Souls mode, they will of course add incentive to do it.
Then everyone will want to focus on that Dark Souls mode for the incentive rewards, or because it'll be the only new thing for a long time to come.
Such incentives are unnecessary. Players who want a Dark Souls mode aren't going to care about getting a strong weapon to beat the other parts of the game more easily.
Similarly, I would play more Challenge if we had many more variations of it.

Xaelouse
Sep 25, 2015, 07:01 AM
Souls games have some of the most retarded AI though. I rather have this game be Ninja Gaiden Black. That game's fast paced style also fits PSO2's...

BlankM
Sep 25, 2015, 07:20 AM
If more of PSO2 was structured like CM I think it'd be a lot better. CM really highlights how fun the battle system can be. Its not difficult if you get the right people, but its not terribly easy either (Specially before they nerfed VR drain).

It's as if the game is better if you strip it of a bunch of the overpowered stuff and make deaths and time matter or something.

GHNeko
Sep 25, 2015, 11:05 AM
If more of PSO2 was structured like CM I think it'd be a lot better. CM really highlights how fun the battle system can be. Its not difficult if you get the right people, but its not terribly easy either (Specially before they nerfed VR drain).

It's as if the game is better if you strip it of a bunch of the overpowered stuff and make deaths and time matter or something.

WOW. IT'S AS IF ONE OF THE GAMES BIGGEST ISSUES IS POWER CREEP.

BUT THAT COULDN'T BE THE CASE.

THE GAME HAS BEEN OUT FOR 3 YEARS.

WE WOULD HAVE REALIZED THIS BY NOW RIGHT?

SEGA WOULD HAVE ALSO REALIZED THIS AND DONE SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

Kondibon
Sep 25, 2015, 11:09 AM
WOW. IT'S AS IF ONE OF THE GAMES BIGGEST ISSUES IS POWER CREEP.

BUT THAT COULDN'T BE THE CASE.

THE GAME HAS BEEN OUT FOR 3 YEARS.

WE WOULD HAVE REALIZED THIS BY NOW RIGHT?

SEGA WOULD HAVE ALSO REALIZED THIS AND DONE SOMETHING ABOUT IT.At this point I'm pretty sure it's intentional. Probably some nonsense about players want to feel strong. orz

Z-0
Sep 25, 2015, 11:29 AM
The power creep can work though, it's just that nothing SEGA releases works with it 'cuz they're all mindless beat-'em-up 12 player MPAs. I personally enjoy the one-shot metagame, but it only works with specific content such as TA, TD and that Gal Limited Quest, not stuff like Ultimate, 12-player MPAs and AQs...

For randomized content to work, you can't have it get killed like it currently is, or it becomes stale really fast. Only set content works with this sort of power, because then it becomes about playing with your spawns and finding out what you can do, but it doesn't work quite like that when randomized since everything is sort of samey.

Remz69
Sep 25, 2015, 11:54 AM
The power creep can work though, it's just that nothing SEGA releases works with it 'cuz they're all mindless beat-'em-up 12 player MPAs. I personally enjoy the one-shot metagame, but it only works with specific content such as TA, TD and that Gal Limited Quest, not stuff like Ultimate, 12-player MPAs and AQs...

For randomized content to work, you can't have it get killed like it currently is, or it becomes stale really fast. Only set content works with this sort of power, because then it becomes about playing with your spawns and finding out what you can do, but it doesn't work quite like that when randomized since everything is sort of samey.

and even then, no OS + balanced PAs would probably still make set content more fun to optimize

LunaSolstice
Sep 25, 2015, 12:22 PM
I predict that once the level cap reaches 80 there will be an XH mode for AQs with mobs and bosses that go up to level 100+.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 25, 2015, 12:26 PM
I predict that once the level cap reaches 80 there will be an XH mode for AQs with mobs and bosses that go up to level 100+.

The question is, will they be more than HP sponges that can be hit-stunlocked to death? Even before the nerfs, un-infected ult nab mooks did have this problem, which is why you can barely tell the difference until you stop hitting them :wacko:

TaigaUC
Sep 25, 2015, 01:32 PM
I probably said this elsewhere already, but the games I enjoy most are ones where I'm the one getting stronger, instead of my character getting stronger.
As in, it's my personal real life skill that's improving. Not my character getting better gear or stats from grinding, or whatever.
But there are a lot of people who like to see their character get stronger instead.
They don't have the time, or skill, or motivation to improve themselves.
I grew up playing games where you have to improve or you never get anywhere, so I don't have a problem with that.

One of the main reasons CM is fun to me is because it's not about the character getting stronger, like the rest of PSO2 is.
It's about knowing how to play well and overcome given scenarios.
There're still progression elements like levelling, but they scale together with the challenges, so they're mostly irrelevant.
Only exception is stuff like, picking Tagamikaduchi route or not. Even then, I'm sure there are people who don't kill Tagamikadachi and still clear fine.

I hear the recent Ninja Gaiden games are really good, but I haven't gotten around to trying them.
Only got up to the first boss in the first game and died a bunch of times after almost beating him first try.

Vatallus
Sep 25, 2015, 02:05 PM
With how much stronger our characters keep getting... final difficultly setting better be named Battletoads.

cheapgunner
Sep 25, 2015, 03:59 PM
With how much stronger our characters keep getting... final difficultly setting better be named Battletoads.

Better give the monsters super armor and hp regen. Though I fear even that may not be enough...

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 25, 2015, 04:10 PM
Better give the monsters super armor

That's like half the reason PSO1 ult enemies were actually a threat.

Maenara
Sep 25, 2015, 04:47 PM
There should be a double-ultimate Anga Fundarge that has the ability to heal itself for 999999 by grabbing a player with a special move and OHKOing them.

Achelousaurus
Sep 26, 2015, 04:40 AM
Multiplier mess...burst damage spikes...yada yada...balance damage across all classes...bla bla.
Kinda just repeating myself >_>

Anyway, before we get a new difficulty we will get XH for all quests, don't forget all explorations, ARKS Quests, TAs and AQs only go up to SH.
This can be turned into one huge reveal so don't expect anything too mega stupid hard yet.

Also, SH is lvl 50 and XH is lvl 70.
Considering SH > XH we are probably going to get lvl 90 and then the next difficulty is going to be lvl 90+ with lvl 90-100 enemies.

Of course Sega might decide it VH > SH was better and it's gonna be 10 lvls earlier.
That's another problem, at the moment they drag out everything so fucking long that new content gets stale long before the next stuff is available and Sega thinks small increments work like this.
They are boring everyone to death.

Too little, too late.

GabeLogan
Sep 26, 2015, 06:52 PM

Maybe they will come up with something different so we won't get bored ?

ShinMaruku
Sep 28, 2015, 08:01 PM
NIGGA THE SALT IS FLOWING AND IT WON'T STOP.

As a game designer who values good design, community interaction, asymmetrical balance, and high depth; bone headed choices like this trigger the fuck out of me.

The pso team has always been the worst part of sega, you want a good ps game? See ones outsourced. This game is going to paint itself into a corner one day and they'll have to make a pso3 and if and when they do, please outsource it. Otherwise ya got to play your hand like me and expect nothing.

Lumpen Thingy
Sep 28, 2015, 08:59 PM
The pso team has always been the worst part of sega, you want a good ps game? See ones outsourced. This game is going to paint itself into a corner one day and they'll have to make a pso3 and if and when they do, please outsource it. Otherwise ya got to play your hand like me and expect nothing.

yeah its a shame PS nova showed how shitty that can be aswell as PSP1

SolRiver
Sep 28, 2015, 11:05 PM
mobs need combo breaker ability on cool down

they also need an invincibility frame tracking shoryuken anti-air

when they knock us down, force us into a 50/50 setup guessing game vortex, guess wrong with quick get up and we fall on floor again

then some bs boss AI that read ur input...

then they can call it KoF mode.

I will enjoy it... too bad rest of the world might not.

GHNeko
Sep 29, 2015, 06:43 AM
yeah its a shame PS nova showed how shitty that can be aswell as PSP1

what was wrong with PS Nova?

Qualia
Sep 29, 2015, 08:10 AM
then some bs boss AI that read ur input...

Quartz kinda predicts the direction that the player is strafing before he does his charge attack. It's pretty bad though, since if you stop moving while he's turning, his aim will be way off.

GoldenFalcon
Sep 29, 2015, 11:05 AM
what was wrong with PS Nova?

Well, Sneak Shooter is the weakest rifle GA
(it shouldn't be, wtf)

Also the salamander minibosses are toxic garbage