PDA

View Full Version : A ridiculous amount of items for a "Austere" Weapon

Manta Oyamada
Sep 21, 2015, 12:43 PM
A ridiculous amount of items for a "Austere" (オフスティア) Weapon 13 star in Zieg :-o

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-0rOtOt5AZXk/Vf8Tq7zNczI/AAAAAAAAlOs/pQXA3X5Nmew/s810-Ic42/%2525E3%252582%2525A4%2525E3%252583%2525B3%2525E3% 252583%2525B4%2525E3%252582%2525A7%2525E3%252582%2 525A4%2525E3%252583%252589%2525E3%252582%2525AB%25 25E3%252583%2525AA%2525E3%252583%252590%2525E3%252 583%2525BC.png

1x インヴェイドカリバー : Invader Caliber (Weapon)
100x 深遠片カリギューラ: Caligula Stone
100x 黒曜片ネロウ: Nero Stone
50x 極機晶ユルルングル : Yurlungur Stone
50x 極原晶ガレル: Galeru Stone
5x 魔石ハートキー : Heart Key Stone
5x 魔石ブラッディムーン: Phantom Knight Stone
5x 魔石ファントムナイト : Bloody Moon Stone
10x フォトンブースター : Photon Booster
300x エクスキューブ: Excube

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gTYbA6nHLE

http://i.minus.com/ipwB0q5afp550.jpg

For a Invader Weapon in Zieg

100x 深遠片カリギューラ : Caligula Stone
100x エクスキューブ: Excube

Z-0
Sep 21, 2015, 01:03 PM
Considering that Austere weapons are the best in the game, that looks like peanuts.

Unnamed Player
Sep 21, 2015, 01:07 PM
The only ridiculous requirement is the specific Invader weapon.

LonelyGaruga
Sep 21, 2015, 01:34 PM
You can get Invader weapons for 100 Caligula stones and 100 EX cubes.

Unnamed Player
Sep 21, 2015, 01:42 PM
So you can get them pretty much for free? Nice.

Xaelouse
Sep 21, 2015, 01:54 PM
If they're even worth it, that is.
The base attack is quite high, so I'm having doubts about the potential they didn't even bother to mention.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 21, 2015, 01:56 PM
If they're even worth it, that is.
The base attack is quite high, so I'm having doubts about the potential they didn't even bother to mention.

This.

I have doubts on any weapon not 100% gated behind RNG being the best in the game. Doubly so if they seem to threaten the niche-thing SEGA has done up to now with 13*s.

Raujinn
Sep 21, 2015, 02:06 PM
The only rough part IMO is the XQ stone requirement. That will take you 504 Extreme Passes to obtain if you were starting from scratch, assuming worst case (shouldn't happen because you will be getting stones during the runs themselves. This also doesn't include things like titles etc).

For me personally (and I suspect most hardcore-ish players are the same) the only things I'm missing for a 60% Austere weapon are the materials they have yet to add. How long those will take to obtain is anyone's guess right now.

Lambda Grinder supply is a thing I do need to concern myself with however, as my last 13* ate an uncomfortable amount of them. I should have plenty of time to get the minimum amount needed for straight grinding anyway. The remaining issue will be is the potential worth it.

Kinaya
Sep 21, 2015, 02:18 PM
The only rough part IMO is the XQ stone requirement. That will take you 504 Extreme Passes to obtain if you were starting from scratch, assuming worst case (shouldn't happen because you will be getting stones during the runs themselves. This also doesn't include things like titles etc).

^this, lets hope they make it easier to farm with XH XQ

Qualia
Sep 21, 2015, 02:19 PM

252, actually. 30*5/25= 6 full runs per 5 stones. 18 full for all 5. 14 passes per full run. 14*18=252.

Edit: just kidding. 60 element.

EvilMag
Sep 21, 2015, 02:22 PM
I honestly expect the drop rates for these stones to be abysmal or they'll just hand out 1 stone per fight. giving out a free +10 60 element 13* is way too generous.

TaigaUC
Sep 21, 2015, 02:24 PM
I'll just wait for 14 stars, thanks.

Rupikachu
Sep 21, 2015, 02:32 PM

Soo...where are you suposed to get those stones anyway? O_o

Kinaya
Sep 21, 2015, 02:43 PM

Soo...where are you suposed to get those stones anyway? O_o

Caligula/Nero should be the new Elder stones, Galeru is Nab UQ stone

Xaelouse
Sep 21, 2015, 02:43 PM
Galeru will be from the "new and improved" Ult Nab
That's like, the only thing I'm worried about, because Ult sucks and I dont feel like doing it
This also clashes with the Nemesis series since it also uses the same currency and is supposed to be the "strongest against darkers"

Raujinn
Sep 21, 2015, 02:49 PM
Yeah I assume Caligula will be from any Double/PD run and Nero will be XH only, like Magatsu's stones.

Zorua
Sep 21, 2015, 03:26 PM
Has this game turned into an arms race lately, or am I just imagining things? It feels like ever since ep3 came out, sega's been having to use the carrot on a stick method to get people to do content by making more and more powerful gear to grind for.

K.O. Kazjivo
Sep 21, 2015, 04:09 PM
It seems that way. It might encourage the high tier players to farm these new weapons, but for normal or casual players, it is a big turn off. It takes too much time. This is supposed to be entertainment, not work.

Kondibon
Sep 21, 2015, 04:25 PM
Has this game turned into an arms race lately, or am I just imagining things? It feels like ever since ep3 came out, sega's been having to use the carrot on a stick method to get people to do content by making more and more powerful gear to grind for....Lately? The game has pretty much always been like that. ._.

Rupikachu
Sep 21, 2015, 04:28 PM
It seems that way. It might encourage the high tier players to farm these new weapons, but for normal or casual players, it is a big turn off. It takes too much time. This is supposed to be entertainment, not work.

I think it's more of giving old players a way to get rid of those now "useless" spellstones that have been piling up

Also i don't see it much of an arms race.. i mean, saiki is still high tier and its a year old. + considering that sega gave away 12* to failry much everyone and most of those are fairly decent...

Cyber Meteor
Sep 21, 2015, 04:33 PM
Don't forget we'll get an Extreme quest update during winter probably after TD4 so be sure those spellstones will have other usage than Austere weapons:-D. We'll have to choose, probably between "hard to acquire" weapons (Austere) and "easy to acquire" weapons (new XQ weapons probably 13*s lol).

Zorua
Sep 21, 2015, 04:35 PM
...Lately? The game has pretty much always been like that. ._.

I don't remember episodes 1 and 2 being like that. The jump from 10* to 11* wasn't that big. Same goes for 11* to 12*. They also weren't that hard to get and you could just buy them if you didn't have the time/luck to grab them for yourself. 13*s, however, are way stronger than 12*s, are often bullshit to get, and are completely trade locked.

I dunno, it just comes off as bait to get us to run in circles for more hours or log in for EQs more often.

Kondibon
Sep 21, 2015, 04:39 PM
I don't remember episodes 1 and 2 being like that. The jump from 10* to 11* wasn't that big. Same goes for 11* to 12*. They also weren't that hard to get and you could just buy them if you didn't have the time/luck to grab them for yourself. 13*s, however, are way stronger than 12*s, are often bullshit to get, and are completely trade locked.

I dunno, it just comes off as bait to get us to run in circles for more hours or log in for EQs more often.I keep forgetting everyone has premium. :wacko:

That said, there was a time you couldn't buy 10* weapons, and they waited a while before you could buy 12* iirc so I'm not sure what you're trying to say here...

Edje
Sep 21, 2015, 04:40 PM
I have gut feeling that if there is 13* in XQ there is a chance that some maybe multiple class. Since a long time in the past the XQ had some of best multiple class drops when XQ was a thing.

sesiom000
Sep 21, 2015, 04:42 PM
Phantasy Stone Online 2 strikes again with even more stone collecting...If the inventory space wasn't an issue they make it even worse...The worst part is they put the end game content locked with Bad drop rares from both stones and weapon and of course EQ only, meaning that if you got a job in real life well your not welcome in pso2...But its the people that work that support the game by buying AC, so its like SEGA doesn't know the fanbase it has or doesn't know how to deal with people that just afk all day in the lobby waiting for magatsu...

Zorua
Sep 21, 2015, 04:46 PM
I keep forgetting everyone has premium. :wacko:

That said, there was a time you couldn't buy 10* weapons, and they waited a while before you could buy 12* iirc so I'm not sure what you're trying to say here...

Even so, 10*s weren't that much better than 9*s at the time and 12* pretty much didn't exist for a large majority of the playerbase until episode 3.

As for what I'm getting at. I'm just a bit concerned for the game is all. Carrot-on-a-stick drops, excessive collabs, and a cash-grab anime aren't good signs.

Kondibon
Sep 21, 2015, 04:47 PM
As for what I'm getting at. I'm just a bit concerned for the game is all. Carrot-on-a-stick drops, excessive collabs, and a cash-grab anime aren't good signs.And what I'm getting at is that the game has always been like that. :P

sesiom000
Sep 21, 2015, 04:58 PM
They Extended Episode 3 too much and they recycle they´re content very often like instead of giving us something interesting and fresh.I really dont see how this game will hold out for 10 years like they said...Hope EP4 brings something new and entertaining instead of more EQ...

EvilMag
Sep 21, 2015, 05:10 PM
These past 6 months have been nothing but chasing stones. It's becoming repetitive and dumb. This shit is the reason why PSO2 is losing players. Sad part is, Sega won't do much. The most they'll do is just throw on more overpowered boosts and more login campaigns.

Hope you guys enjoy another 150% Drop boost cause I'm sure it'll happen soon.

Zorua
Sep 21, 2015, 06:52 PM
And what I'm getting at is that the game has always been like that. :P

It really hasn't, but if you want to keep going in circles, let's just drop this.

final_attack
Sep 21, 2015, 07:31 PM
I'll just hope the potential is good, and stones drop rate is generous o_o

Not much time playing due things irl o_o

Xaelouse
Sep 21, 2015, 08:01 PM
[QUOTE=EvilMag;3293286

Hope you guys enjoy another 150% Drop boost cause I'm sure it'll happen soon.[/QUOTE]

A week before the double/PD update, ofc

WEED420BLAZEIT
Sep 21, 2015, 08:13 PM
all those items...for a RECOLOR

smh fam

[Ayumi]
Sep 21, 2015, 08:38 PM
That's fine, Sega. Not like I wanted them in the 1st place.

silo1991
Sep 21, 2015, 10:10 PM
i just hope the potential is worth it

SolRiver
Sep 21, 2015, 10:31 PM
I don't know if i care for 13 star weapon all that much... where do i need to go to actually feel i need these weapons? I can get pass every content in the game so far with just 11 stars.

I just hope the new contents like TD4 actually make me want to have 13 star.

wefwq
Sep 21, 2015, 11:28 PM
It's kinda "expensive" because it's fully grinded the second you get your hands on it, minus the potential though, still -- it save you few lambda grinder and couple of million meseta.

Shadowth117
Sep 21, 2015, 11:43 PM
It's kinda "expensive" because it's fully grinded the second you get your hands on it, minus the potential though, still -- it save you few lambda grinder and couple of million meseta.

That only applies to the initial trade in. The higher grade 13*s there are only 30% instead of 60 and don't start +10.

WEED420BLAZEIT
Sep 22, 2015, 12:26 AM

lol didn't realize they're +10 with 60 ele already

well that's kinda make it worth all the hassles tbh

Cyber Meteor
Sep 22, 2015, 02:47 AM
You really think that Invade-type weapons will have a potential? given they're already +10 and 60 elem? I mean, it seems so obvious that only Austere will get a potential, those are ungrinded and 30 elem in comparison, and given the amount of items needed to trade in for 2 Austere for 60 elem, i guess it's gonna be a good one anyway. One of the drawback of that is we'll gotta wait some weeks after their release before we get to know their potential since they don't drop :-P

Rakurai
Sep 22, 2015, 02:58 AM
I'd like to hope the stone drops from Double and Profound Darkness are at least as high as Magatsu's.

Achelousaurus
Sep 22, 2015, 03:39 AM
Considering that Austere weapons are the best in the game, that looks like peanuts.
Yeah, but not that long ago 12* were the best in the game.
I lose all motivation when I think that just a couple months later we're getting new gear these days and it might be better than what we can get now.
I don't really care for a treadmill like this.

Especially when 11* are still pretty good.

Same. I'm just getting a bunch of red until then.
But really, as long as it doesn't make that much of an impact, I don't feel like getting new gear. I can't see the point and can't think of a situation where it truly matters unless you are series about TA or try to get 6 TD1 runs or something.

These days I just so care enough to login every day and afk in the lobby. Already a big step up from not logging in at all recently.
If we would for once get a significant boost not locked behind super low RNG odds, I'd be all over it.
But I can't get myself to make this kind of effort for a probably unimpressive boost.
And as I said before, Sega can't go much higher, we can't get sweet 20% dmg increase potentials without silly conditions attached and we can't get big additional boosts from class skills for a while cause the damage formula and existing multipliers raised damage already so high it would be too ridiculous.
If the existing multipliers were to be culled and balanced so there wouldn't be huge damage spikes for certain builds, adding some 20% damage here or there would not be a problem and Sega could give us better gear without completely breaking everything.

PS: As others have mentioned and some of my friends lament, the amount of gear trade in quest items is beyond ridiculous now.

PPS: On a 2nd look Invade series seems far more worth it. Looking at the calibur, at +10 it would be 1566 atk and just 37 below Austere. I don't think Sega would do something like giving us a 13* without potential. It wouldn't just suck for us, it would also mean for only 100 quest stones and 100 cubes we get a finished weapon. That's not enough time or money sink for an endgame weapon.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v320/Balmuk/invade.png

Achelousaurus
Sep 22, 2015, 04:04 AM
Here's a better screenshot without the text:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v320/Balmuk/Ostia.png

And here's a screenshot with Invade:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v320/Balmuk/invade.png

This kinda seems ridiculous, though.
And I also have doubts that this will be worth it. Cause even if the potential is good, is it really good enough to empty my storage and use up all my stones, then go out and hunt some more stones for these?

These comes with Darkness Soul - Power III - Spirita III - Vinculum - Mutation I.

That's 60 atk without soul and I'm gonna assume the Soul will have 40 atk...unless Sega does something like 20 atk and 5 pp.
Either way it's probably 100 atk from affixes so base atk for this is probably 1144, putting it 58 above Slave.
That's better atk by a good margin but not something huge.
At +10 it would probably be 1601, 81 above Slave.
Invade ought to have 1566 atk at +10 then, only 37 behind.

TBH doesn't seem there is much of a point in getting Austere when you can get Invade for a fraction of the price at 60 element and +10 (pretty sure they have a potential cause without there is no money or time sink and mmorpgs require them).

And for 100 quest items and 100 cubes this looks quite cheap.

Kinda with you. If Invade have a decent potential I might get some but if not I'll just stick to red until 14* are out.
And I am still waiting for Shouren anyway but considering how late it came in PSOBB it might be true endgame in PSO2 as well and be 15* or so.

But really, when don't even need a damage upgrade cause we can kill everything quite fast with 11*, a bit of a boost here or there isn't much of a motivation.

As I said before, as long as existing multipliers and the damage formula allow for absurd damage Sega can't give us bigger jumps in boost as real motivation but are stuck with small increments to not break the game beyond repair.
If the multiplier mess gets fixed a weapon with 300 more base atk and a 25% unconditional damage potential would not be broken but ok. And it would get people a hell lot more motivated than 50 more atk here or 5% more dmg there.

PS: As others have mentioned and some of my friends lament, the amount of gear trade in quest items is beyond ridiculous now.

Hysteria1987
Sep 22, 2015, 04:18 AM
I lose all motivation when I think that just a couple months later we're getting new gear these days and it might be better than what we can get now.

Especially when 11* are still pretty good.In short, agreed :P I'm even still using a 10* Talis and only now, after we've been sat at this point in the game for ages, are a lot of the other Forces hitting the same numbers. There was no real point upgrading to 11* for me when the potential on the Koushosen basically made it stronger for the purposes I'd be using it. All I had to do was whack a tonne of abilities on it and it's been good. Sure, there are certain 12*s and all the 13*s that are stronger, but due to the cost of reaffixing, and the effort it'd take to ele 60 a 13*, I couldn't really justify it. This scope creep is the reason I haven't upgraded my Saiki's abilities any further as well- it feels like every time I raise a few mil and blow it all on bringing them up to top tier, Sega release some new ability which is the new must-have. My prem runs out in about 10 minutes, and for once I'm not going to buy any more AC, I can't justify chasing that particular carrot any more.

That said, I might try for an Austere, as I've got a good chunk of the items already. There'd be no hunting, so I wouldn't be relying on chance multiple times over to build up to ele 60. That's the part that really gets me on the 13*s. Then I'd call my equipment done for a very long time. We'll see I suppose :P

jooozek
Sep 22, 2015, 04:46 AM
so they require tons of extreme quests stones huh, my care level just went to 0

oratank
Sep 22, 2015, 05:06 AM
anytime sega reduce 13* grinding cost then it worth to use

Cortte
Sep 22, 2015, 05:13 AM
Now this might be a bit of a reach to be honest. But there could be the possibility that along with EP4 we get the new class we're expecting and a level cap increase, or difficulty extension of some kind. If this is the case I can understand them giving powerful weapons to have a starting point in this new difficulty.

But where as all the normal maps don't have an XH mode yet besides Kuron, still a bit of a reach.

That being said all games. Especially MMOs get to a point where you're just running circles. When you reach that point maybe it's time to take a break. I on the other hand like the combat system in comparison to other ones. So I'm cool man, I'm cool.

Achelousaurus
Sep 22, 2015, 05:25 AM
anytime sega reduce 13* grinding cost then it worth to use
Considering I spent 4 million to grind a 12* from + 3 to +3 and part of it was after the 12* relief and during boost week, I don't care.
I really prefer to pay money up front than the infuriating BS that is grinding 12*.
Maybe it's better now but I got a trauma already.

Just, 13* having a -3 grind risk at high grinds is a problem. With this cost it's bad enough when you fail but losing grind is a huge problem.

I say sega should totally get rid of the current system and simply use the Suikoden system.
Upgrade costs just scale with level, there is no rng involved but getting to the final upgrade costs a lot of money.

Cortte
Sep 22, 2015, 05:30 AM
Considering I spent 4 million to grind a 12* from + 3 to +3 and part of it was after the 12* relief and during boost week, I don't care.
I really prefer to pay money up front than the infuriating BS that is grinding 12*.

Just, 13* having a -3 grind risk at high grinds is a problem. With this cost it's bad enough when you fail but losing grind is a huge problem.

I say sega should totally get rid of the current system and simply use the Suikoden system.
Upgrade costs just scale with level, there is no rng involved but getting to the final upgrade costs a lot of money.

You kidding me? Jeez you spent 4 mill on nothing man. I just got my ideal mechs to lvl 3 potential +0 on just over 15m. You need to be aware of what you have available to you. recycle shop for grind skip 7. FUN shop for Risk -2 items, and your good.

I got the Crazy Galactis Knux to +10 on nothing but 30k fun and 60 excubes.

EDIT: Let me also add that I typically never have more than 5 mill on me at a time, and I've only gotten AC twice in 4 years. For mags.

Dammy
Sep 22, 2015, 05:34 AM

i dont know much about new 13*
can you explain why? please

Shadowth117
Sep 22, 2015, 05:47 AM
i dont know much about new 13*
can you explain why? please

The truth is, unless there's some source that nobody else has posted here, that nobody actually has any clue. Sega is playing them up to be very good so I would say its an okay chance that they are, but as we know there's also a lovely chance that these could be utter trash somehow.

Darkness soul is also kind of an odd variable thrown in which makes it a little more difficult to gauge this. Will it be 60 atk? Will it be 10? Will it have any or instead of dexterity or something pointless? As far as I'm aware to date, no one in the English knows.

Raujinn
Sep 22, 2015, 06:25 AM
Yeah Darkness Soul and the potential are completely unknown at the moment. Stat-wise from what we've seen they are the strongest yet, however.

RadiantLegend
Sep 22, 2015, 11:49 AM
With the xq stone requirement, most I'll be able to get is two.

Achelousaurus
Sep 22, 2015, 12:48 PM
Well, the stats would have been a hint if not for invade.
80atk more than the strongest weapon we already have.
In fact you have to prove yourself to master both ults and all XQs and cmode ontop.
Not to mention the new eq.
But even if they are good, they are bloody expensive, so much that even if it's not much rng dependent, it looks like getting one from scratch amounts to the same as hunting an ares weapon considering average drop rates.
But once you find ares weapons they don't empty your bank.

Which means not just that it's one hell of a chore to get more than one or two austere weapons, they must also be so damn good that it's worth spending ALL THIS STUFF for them and then grinding them normally.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 22, 2015, 12:55 PM
In fact you have to prove yourself to master both ults and all XQs and cmode ontop.

You're giving those modes a bit too much credit I think.

Achelousaurus
Sep 22, 2015, 01:58 PM
Not saying they are hard or anything but you must have done them a lot to get these amounts, especially when austere comes at 30 element.

Zorafim
Sep 22, 2015, 02:10 PM
Phahahha! That looks ridiculous! Easy or not, that's just a downright silly number of items.

Shinamori
Sep 22, 2015, 02:23 PM
Don't play XQs anymore? Okay, 5 stones from each XQ.

Most I've spent on 12 was 3m~5m, to +40.

Unnamed Player
Sep 22, 2015, 02:47 PM
But even if they are good, they are bloody expensive
No they're not expensive, at least not the first one.

GreenArcher
Sep 22, 2015, 05:09 PM

This is a silly argument to use. This is the nature of MMO's, and Anga weapons have been the strongest for almost a year now - other than Ideal being slightly stronger against bosses

BIG OLAF
Sep 22, 2015, 06:20 PM
A ridiculous amount of items for a "Austere" (オフスティア) Weapon 13 star in Zieg :-o

Mm, well, yeah, this is a F2P timesink game. How else is SEGA supposed to keep people playing? It definitely ain't the 'exciting' content.

The more stuff that gets released, the more stuff you'll need to get it.

Magicks
Sep 22, 2015, 07:29 PM
You kidding me? Jeez you spent 4 mill on nothing man. I just got my ideal mechs to lvl 3 potential +0 on just over 15m. You need to be aware of what you have available to you. recycle shop for grind skip 7. FUN shop for Risk -2 items, and your good.

I got the Crazy Galactis Knux to +10 on nothing but 30k fun and 60 excubes.

EDIT: Let me also add that I typically never have more than 5 mill on me at a time, and I've only gotten AC twice in 4 years. For mags.

It's even better now that login rewards sometimes give you a free ->5 Grind Skips. So You save 1mil right there from grinding, as well as 12 Lambda Grinders. VS. AC scratching which costs you real money, or is much more expensive meseta wise in order to save on Lambdas.

Also, in the end, even for free players, you have access to having a second character no? (I don't recall if all accounts have two free character slots or not.) So if you level up said char to around 20 and unlock hard mode, that effectively doubles the amount of grinders you can get per week. Casino also offers 10 Lambda Grinders for 2.5k CC per week for now.

And to build on Excubes, you have access to +30% Grind Success as well, virtually making your success rate to 80%.

In short:

Free ->+5 Grind Skips from login
Lambda Grinders from Casino Shop
If another char can be created, Lambda Grinders can be obtained relatively early.
Reduce risk from Excubes into FUN points, +2 protects and +30% Grind Success

At this point it's just time and patience. I don't think I've spent more than 10mil on grinding my Ideal TMGs to +40.

TaigaUC
Sep 23, 2015, 12:57 AM
For 13 stars, I grind to +3 without anything, then to +5 using +5% or +10% and +1 risk reduction.
Then I use +30% and +1 risk reduction all the way to +9, followed by a +100% if I have one.

But, sometimes it fails repeatedly at +3 for a long time.

I don't think it's a silly argument to be upset at the progression system in MMOs.
PSO2 is a good enough action combat game to stand on its own, but instead they focus heavily on progression incentives.
People need to realize that we could be getting actual fun content, like new battles, modes and challenges.

Yes, I understand that incentives are there to keep people playing. But there are other ways to keep people playing.
One is to dripfeed progression content by giving people new incentive to redo old content. This is what PSO2 mostly does.

Another method, which I prefer, is to keep adding content that people really enjoy and want to keep coming back to.
PSO2 only does this once in a very long period of time, and only one small thing at a time.
This causes people to quickly become burned out on that small amount of new content.
What they should be doing is giving people many gameplay choices at once, instead of many incentives.
Why? Because variation reduces burn out. It's that simple.

Many people quit PSO2 because there's literally nothing to do but grind progression incentives. Ultimately, it's the same old shit, over and over.
It was most obvious at the beginning, when the game had virtually no content and relied even more heavily on random.
Back then, people quit in droves.
For a short while, PSO2 added lots of content that kept people happy. But now they've gone back to this miserable focus on 13 star hunting.

Sure, there are people who enjoy this crap, but the fact is we could stop playing for a few months, come back, and get better stuff.
So there's no real reason to keep playing the game right now, especially if it's not fun (ie. the same thing we've been doing for years).
Yes, they're finally adding a few new boss battles and TD4. Yay!! But what took so long?
Outside of Challenge (which I am sick to death of), it's been about a year since we got content I actually want to play.

It doesn't take a year to add new modes. It's not hard. For example, add solo versions of existing stuff. Add more solo rankings.
Add duo rankings. Add rankings to stuff that doesn't have rankings. Add more enemies, more bosses.
Add boss battle mode. Add time attack rush versions of various quests. This is all very, very simple stuff.
Even if it's the same assets, it's different objectives and different challenges. That's a whole world different from doing the same shit for different rewards.

SEGA clearly doesn't understand what players truly want from playing a game, and it sounds like most players themselves don't realize it either.
Humans tend to learn towards wanting to be satisfied with whatever's available, because they can't imagine how things could be better.

Afterthought:
We're getting a new class soon. And you know what's gonna happen? Everyone will be the same new class. At the same time.
Everyone with multiple characters will have to level that same new class, for each character. Guess what that means?
Yup, burn out. I had it happen to me when we got Braver, and when we got Bouncer.
How to fix this? Well, one simple solution is to add two new classes instead of one. It creates variation.
And two new classes isn't asking too much, when we only get new classes once per year.
This is just one example of how SEGA could easily make things a lot better.
But then there's ultimately the problem of levelling classes, which is the same old shit again.

My knowledgeable JP friend said that instead of new classes, PSO2 would be better off with just the core three classes.
I forget what else they said, but I agree in the sense that it would reduce the need to grind for EXP.
Essentially, classes in PSO2 vary by what they can equip, the base stats they have, and their skill trees.
If they had less classes, they could've instead added systems to customize Skills in Skill Trees.
The rest of the variation would be covered by adding new weapons. I'd be fine with that.

Mattykins
Sep 23, 2015, 02:45 AM
Fuck, I'd like more single party quests. SHAQs are pretty cool but there's still not much incentive to run them since AQ rares still suck and VHAQs are much better for XP anyway. And XQs, I was surprised to see that Sega didn't forget those exist.

I mean, there's precedent for Sega forgetting things. I wonder if new players wonder why there's Level Cap COs at 30 and 40 and a bizarre hiccup at 50, but nothing past that (those just need to be removed altogether, fuck). Or if they wonder why there's no CO to unlock difficulties past VH, or why there's no Exploration Request COs past Skyscape. Fuck, has Sega even touched Arks Road in the past year?

Achelousaurus
Sep 23, 2015, 05:29 AM
It's even better now that login rewards sometimes give you a free ->5 Grind Skips. So You save 1mil right there from grinding, as well as 12 Lambda Grinders. VS. AC scratching which costs you real money, or is much more expensive meseta wise in order to save on Lambdas.

Also, in the end, even for free players, you have access to having a second character no? (I don't recall if all accounts have two free character slots or not.) So if you level up said char to around 20 and unlock hard mode, that effectively doubles the amount of grinders you can get per week. Casino also offers 10 Lambda Grinders for 2.5k CC per week for now.

And to build on Excubes, you have access to +30% Grind Success as well, virtually making your success rate to 80%.

In short:

Free ->+5 Grind Skips from login
Lambda Grinders from Casino Shop
If another char can be created, Lambda Grinders can be obtained relatively early.
Reduce risk from Excubes into FUN points, +2 protects and +30% Grind Success

At this point it's just time and patience. I don't think I've spent more than 10mil on grinding my Ideal TMGs to +40.
Yeah, no.
This is was before all this stuff and I spent 3 million during the boost week before we got the first 12* grinding relief.
And who in their rind mind uses a 30% booster at +3? That was when I just spent over 1000 cubes upslotting various things and was pretty low anyway.
But also, part of this money wasn't just spent on grinding, it was from using grind boosters.
Which at the time were still 250-300k for 10% and 1mil or more for 20% (I only used 10%).
You also entirely and utterly fail to see the point that if you have bad luck (like me and a couple of my friends), this whole RNG BULLSHIT can get really bad and paying a large amount up front is vastly preferable to wasting all your money in piecemeal fashion.

This is a silly argument to use. This is the nature of MMO's, and Anga weapons have been the strongest for almost a year now - other than Ideal being slightly stronger against bosses
No, it's not.
Maybe you like a super boring, super repetitive grind but the vast majority don't.
They like the grind and they don't mind some repetitiveness but there are limits.
You can compare it to Disgaea games, while most like the storymode grinding which is just a big here and there giving you nice result without a huge effort, some of this stuff turns into Disgaea postgame where you grind a single character 20 hours just so can beat that one map.
Poor balance between effort and reward, it's a carrot on a very, very long stick.

Also, I sorta disagree with you Taiga.
New content can't hurt but the core gameplay should be fun enough to keep you playing a lot more than it currently does.
Like Arcade games, they are short with little variation and still we enjoy playing the same stuff over and over.
I cannot even count how many times I played Metal Slug 3.
PSOBB was similar and for the core gameplay I kept playing some 12000-15000 hours on and off.

PSO2 is riddled with a huge amount of smaller and larger issues that greatly reduce the fun of the core gameplay.
Unless Sega fixes this it will be kinda like the game version of Chernobyl where just more stuff is added ontop cause the core is bad.
And consider just all the arks quests and explorations, that's a huge amount of content we are only ever touching cause of dailies and shit, but almost never because it's fun enough to simply play it.

PSO2 isn't as bad as FFXIV was, but it certainly would benefit from PSO2: A Fleet Reborn.
And considering how many people barely login between short bouts when we get new content and how many afk most of the time, I doubt many would even mind some downtime in favor of fixing a ton of problems with the game.

Vatallus
Sep 23, 2015, 05:58 AM
You should try Warframe if you want grindy time sinks. :wacko:

Grind certain types of maps until a certain type of key is rewarded. Use key to try for stronger gear. Realize there is about 20 items shoved into a keys drop pool with at least one part of each weapon/gear with a non-existent drop rate so you either get it first try or spend a 100 times trying.

I'll stick with grinding out these stones that will drop.

Achelousaurus
Sep 23, 2015, 07:10 AM
Actually did try that. A friend of mine is really into it and barely logs into PSO2 cause of that.
It looks awesome and all but the controls are just not for me, I really dislike over the shoulder or 1st person controls.

Anyway, one thing I just realized is that Sega is being stupid about the potentials of 13*.
They all gotta be the same or almost the same among a series.
Other rarities also got weapon series across multiple types and they don't share the same potential.
Maybe some that make sense but consider stuff like Bert Rodan and Bert Schbunker. Completely different potentials.
It's largely due to this same potential nonsense that a lot of 13* are mediocre. Sega must use a potential that works for every weapon type with little to no alteration and so a ton of options are just not usable.
Not even something as basic as a stance boost is.
On the other hand new photon booster based potentials for 12* are epic cause they are different for each weapon type and make sense.

If we could finally get unique 13* that aren't part of a set where everything must be the same, I daresay they will be a lot better than what we got so far.

SolRiver
Sep 23, 2015, 07:55 AM
until human race can solve the vortex issue of 6 months development = 3 weeks worth of content, mmo will keep being grindy timesink :-P

wefwq
Sep 23, 2015, 09:07 AM
Are they really sure that PSO2 can hold a decade?
The game plans and roadmap become very worrisome since there's lack of real content in sight.

HeartBreak301
Sep 23, 2015, 10:58 AM
Was there ever something wrong with hunting gear or trading for it? They've had the most relevant gear tradelocked throughout this game's lifespan long enough already. Then they put the stones in an as a consolation prize of sorts, but now it's the main draw for most people since drop rates are so terrible you can't realistically expect to be able to find, let alone hunt for the weapon you actually want. Or trade for it for that matter. It's already bad enough that 13*'s lock on upgrade on top of currently being untradable.

Bellion
Sep 23, 2015, 11:06 AM
Their excuse is something along the lines of letting people that find rares enjoy them for a while. Completely bullshit, seriously. By the time they will be available for buying/selling between players they won't even be desired and so they become items worth 100k on the market.

I'm sure there are people that enjoys rares equally finding them OR buying them, but I guess not according to SEGA.

BlankM
Sep 23, 2015, 11:20 AM
I actually miss the old AQ days where many rares were valuable despite not being "the best." Now all those rares are just tossed around like candy and everyone grinds 13*s eternal. Rare hunting doesn't really feel like a thing anymore, just grinding. Even when you get your first 13* you can't sell it, so you have to get it for your preferred class, and then you will more than likely need it twice unless you plan to spend a fortune 60 ele'ing it.

We're also way past the point you would consider Ares "rare" in any form of exclusive sense.

But this is all stuff we already have known for a long time.

Shinamori
Sep 23, 2015, 11:37 AM
I got a Kingdomain Cannon last week. It's worth about 600k. 2 years ago, about 70M+.

Kondibon
Sep 23, 2015, 11:40 AM
I got a Kingdomain Cannon last week. It's worth about 600k. 2 years ago, about 70M+.I didn't get an elysion until the double falz EQ came out... so yeah I know that feel. :wacko:

Shinamori
Sep 23, 2015, 12:40 PM
Yet till this day, I never got an Elder Pain. Only gotten one Susan I before muggy and even then it was about 500k. Same for Dragon Slayer.

jooozek
Sep 23, 2015, 01:13 PM

Grind certain types of maps until a certain type of key is rewarded. Use key to try for stronger gear. Realize there is about 20 items shoved into a keys drop pool with at least one part of each weapon/gear with a non-existent drop rate so you either get it first try or spend a 100 times trying.

I'll stick with grinding out these stones that will drop.

good luck grinding XQs with how the passes are handed out :wacko: even warframe doesn't put such moronic time gates on stuff that requires so much repetition :wacko:

bhaal
Sep 23, 2015, 01:27 PM
good luck grinding XQs with how the passes are handed out :wacko: even warframe doesn't put such moronic time gates on stuff that requires so much repetition :wacko:
Whats the problem with XQ passes?
I have been doing TACOS since the beginning , I have traded stones for bio weaps , for use or feed other weaps, and right now I have in store 664 passes and 4 HK spellstones and 1 of each of PN and BM spellstones, and thats w/o doing all the weeklys COs that give you more passes.

Z-0
Sep 23, 2015, 01:50 PM
If you've been playing for a very long time, sure, it's not an issue.

Another story if you haven't though...

bhaal
Sep 23, 2015, 01:59 PM

And we can't assume this a type of reward aimed to the long time players w/o much luck with 13* drops?

Unnamed Player
Sep 23, 2015, 02:28 PM

Not really, new players can get most of the stones through titles.

TaigaUC
Sep 23, 2015, 03:46 PM
I don't do XQ often, so I have upwards of 500 passes on every account.
If you need to, you can get passes from Casino and then just do a few full clears to get the titles.
The titles really makes XQ much easier. But if you've already done them, well... shit.

I don't think I got an Elysion or Guld Mira until TD1.
Still no Elder Pain here. Doesn't help that he usually dies before he can pull his sword out.

[Ayumi]
Sep 23, 2015, 04:28 PM
Was there ever something wrong with hunting gear or trading for it? They've had the most relevant gear tradelocked throughout this game's lifespan long enough already. Then they put the stones in an as a consolation prize of sorts, but now it's the main draw for most people since drop rates are so terrible you can't realistically expect to be able to find, let alone hunt for the weapon you actually want. Or trade for it for that matter. It's already bad enough that 13*'s lock on upgrade on top of currently being untradable.

I don't understand why either. I guess connecting and trading stuff with players is a big no-no.

Their excuse is something along the lines of letting people that find rares enjoy them for a while. Completely bullshit, seriously. By the time they will be available for buying/selling between players they won't even be desired and so they become items worth 100k on the market.

I'm sure there are people that enjoys rares equally finding them OR buying them, but I guess not according to SEGA.

I remember that excuse when 10*s came out. Pissed me off a bit when there were certain weapons I wanted that I knew/thought was coming and knowing my luck I would never get them myself. The whole "Wait, I can search for 10* in the shop" at that same time was a bit promising... not knowing how the whole set up is whatever is now considered junk is what would start to sell in stores now.
I liked the idea of trading things with friends and such long ago. Especially when I had 2 accounts back on PSO and even PSU while trading between my accounts. Can't do that now even if I had them both on premium.

I didn't get an elysion until the double falz EQ came out... so yeah I know that feel. :wacko:

To add to the last thing I said just above this, one iconic weapon I always wanted in ever PS game since PSO was the Guld Milla. I remember when 11*s came out about rumour of it dropping in Parallel areas or from Elder and such. No luck getting it.
Then after my long break from PSO2, I just decided to check the stores to see if they were selling and saw the cheapest being 10k. I was happy to see that but problem...
No premium. And even if I had premium... I had no 11* to even make into a pass. So I was out of luck. By then I heard they dropped in TD3 so I played TD3 as if I didn't play, I would die of starvation or something *cuestupidhorrormoviethemebasedondoingsomethingory ouwoulddie*.
After a while I finally got an 11* and bought one of the best Guld Millas out there (before the nerfing of course) and was happy.
I still did TD3s and Elder and many Parallels and so on and so forth since then and still never actually found a Guld Milla.

I found my 1st Guld Milla during the introduction of Elder/Loser EQs... well no. I found my 1st and 2nd Guld Milla in the same run. The next time the EQ popped up I got like 4 of them in one run.
As you speak of Elysion, same time I got that one too. I had to buy mine long before as well.

I don't do XQ often, so I have upwards of 500 passes on every account.
If you need to, you can get passes from Casino and then just do a few full clears to get the titles.
The titles really makes XQ much easier. But if you've already done them, well... shit.

I don't think I got an Elysion or Guld Mira until TD1.
Still no Elder Pain here. Doesn't help that he usually dies before he can pull his sword out.

That's usually the problem for me I guess. I do 5 XQs (sometimes 10) a week for those orders for the money.

Kondibon
Sep 23, 2015, 04:40 PM
;3293607']
I found my 1st Guld Milla during the introduction of Elder/Loser EQs... well no. I found my 1st and 2nd Guld Milla in the same run. That's exactly how I got my GMs too. >_>

TaigaUC
Sep 23, 2015, 06:11 PM
I'm sure part of the reason they tradelock stuff is because it makes it easier to control the incentives for doing whatever "new" content they dripfeed.
People trading stuff reduces incentive by a huge amount, since you can just buy it instead of wasting years trying to get it to drop.
That's what I usually do. Wait and then buy it instead. Time better spent elsewhere.
Exception is if I'm getting a lot of other stuff done at the same time, then it doesn't hurt if something I want happens to drop.

wahahaha
Sep 23, 2015, 06:30 PM
You could avoid getting the blue series, the game wont force you to get those, red series are a gift (considering 100 cubes and 100 stones)

Achelousaurus
Sep 23, 2015, 06:54 PM
The problem is only ever the effort required. It can be fun to farm stuff and hunt rare stuff but only to a certain extent, then it's nothing but a chore.
Take for example Xie stones, 300 for a weapon was still pretty fun and even 600 for 60 element was still ok.
But then consider yurlungur stones and the 1000 runs or whatever you need for a 60 element slave weapon, especially because it's ultimate and Xie stones came from XH.

Then again, can't say finding stuff is nearly as bad as it used to be.
Hunting gear in PSOBB could take upwards of forever. Just glad I was big into trading and got some epic loots this way. It was also epic fun, playing the market can sometimes be just as fun but it can also get a lot more frustrating.

Either way episode 4 was announced for next year and as of now 10* works if you know what you're doing, so if Invade has a potential or not I'm gonna get a couple (at least Katana and Partizan) and then wait for ep4, because either we will see 14* when the initial ep 4 content is not new enough to keep people's attention anymore or at least we're going to see the top tier 13*.
So not much of a point in emptying my bank multiple times over for something that can't possibly be top of the line for very long.

Gourd
Sep 24, 2015, 06:56 PM
Some of you must have absolutely no lives if you think these requirements are worth it or even easy for a SINGLE one of these weapons. 15 of those EXQ stones? 300 Excubes? That's like 8 Magatsu EQ's. Are you all blind or high? o-O

milranduil
Sep 24, 2015, 06:56 PM
Some of you must have absolutely no lives if you think these requirements are worth it or even easy for a SINGLE one of these weapons. 15 of those EXQ stones? 300 Excubes? That's like 8 Magatsu EQ's. Are you all blind or high? o-O

8 magatsu eq's for 300 cubes? sounds like b1

HeartBreak301
Sep 24, 2015, 07:00 PM

The extreme stones aren't too much of an issue, unless you pissed away your title stones on bio weapons or something. As for the excubes, it's about three full XH Magatsus. 4 runs and Sai will net you about 100 cubes every time on a 250%.

Kondibon
Sep 24, 2015, 07:05 PM
The extreme stones aren't too much of an issue, unless you pissed away your title stones on bio weapons or something.Considering they were the best multiclass option at one point and it was pretty much encouraged by the community to do so, I don't see why it would have been considered "pissing away".

HeartBreak301
Sep 24, 2015, 07:08 PM
They were never that much better, I never got them and I'm no worse for wear. Not to mention there may be people who are endgame now who started the game after they were relevant. In which case yes, you'd be pissing away your stones on them. In any case I guess we should be thankful they don't want a pile of AQ stones on top of all this crap.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 24, 2015, 07:32 PM
They were never that much better, I never got them and I'm no worse for wear.

Good for you.

Still doesn't change the fact it was better than most weapons, as well as generally being the best multiclass weapons in the game. Hell, it was the second best katana in the game behind orochi agito for a time.

It's not exactly pissing away stones if you got them while they were relevant.

HeartBreak301
Sep 24, 2015, 07:44 PM
Good for you.

Still doesn't change the fact it was better than most weapons, as well as generally being the best multiclass weapons in the game. Hell, it was the second best katana in the game behind orochi agito for a time.

It's not exactly pissing away stones if you got them while they were relevant.

You seem to be missing the point. If you DID NOT get them, regardless of when they were or weren't relevant, then the stones shouldn't be too much of an issue. And like I said, there are people who started the game AFTER they were considered good, in which case it would be considered pissing them away on bio weapons at this point in the game.

I know you guys love starting fights and de-railing threads but let's try to stick to the topic at hand.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 24, 2015, 08:21 PM
And like I said, there are people who started the game AFTER they were considered good, in which case it would be considered pissing them away on bio weapons at this point in the game.

Then we have an understanding, but when your first post misses a few key words, you shouldn't be surprised people will correct you on it.

The extreme stones aren't too much of an issue, unless you pissed away your title stones on bio weapons or something.

I know you guys love starting fights and de-railing threads.

Only if you start it buddy.

jooozek
Sep 25, 2015, 05:51 AM
The extreme stones aren't too much of an issue, unless you pissed away your title stones on bio weapons or something. As for the excubes, it's about three full XH Magatsus. 4 runs and Sai will net you about 100 cubes every time on a 250%.

right, because you get title stones for every weapon class you want an austere for :wacko:

Shady3011
Sep 25, 2015, 01:16 PM

I left that game for this one though.

TaigaUC
Sep 25, 2015, 01:30 PM
I pissed away my title stones on Bio Weapons.
I still have some left over though.

Shady3011
Sep 25, 2015, 01:43 PM
At least you didn't use them for the sake of having an all class weapon in es. :wacko:

Vatallus
Sep 25, 2015, 02:01 PM
I left that game for this one though.

I left that game also.

Since everyone is talking about ExQ stones like they are somehow hard to get...

still sitting on 15 of each stone because I have 3 characters and do my weekly ExQ COs. Think I'm set since I can't think of a 13* I even want besides maybe a better bow. This all depends on what potential these new weapons get. I expect invade to be meh but maybe Austere weapons will be decent.

If not welp, there is always next 13* set.

jooozek
Sep 25, 2015, 02:46 PM
im also always excited for new skins dealing 1% more damage :wacko:

suzaku0zero0
Sep 29, 2015, 11:27 AM
what is the name (or translated name) of the 1st affix on the austere sword?
I know the others are power 3, vindiculum, spirita 3 and mutation

Poyonche
Sep 29, 2015, 11:28 AM
Darkness Soul

Naoya Kiriyama
Sep 29, 2015, 02:51 PM
what is the name (or translated name) of the 1st affix on the austere sword?
I know the others are power 3, vindiculum, spirita 3 and mutation

Darkness Soul. Stats are currently unknown though

suzaku0zero0
Sep 29, 2015, 03:37 PM
I tried to figure that out but if its either +30 or +40 s/r/t atk, it would mean austere will only have around +25 atk more than invade (if not including affix and base grind lvl at 0)....

seems like its not worth all those stones, unless their potentials make a significant difference

Or then again, you might just go for the colour (the white theme makes it worth all those stones)

Some quick calculations
[SPOILER-BOX]Figures I have for now

Invade sword on trailer (with affix and grind lvl 10) = 1666
Austere sword on trailer (with affix and grind lvl 0) = 1244

Both invade and austere sword has power 3, spirita 3, mutation and Vinculum, and darkness soul,
Known base stats from affix is +60 s atk

Assuming darkness soul gives +30
Invade sword (no affix and lvl 0) base power =1126
Austere sword (no affix and lvl 0) base power =1154

Base atk difference of 28 atk

Assuming darkness soul gives +40
Invade sword (no affix and lvl 0) base power =1119
Austere sword (no affix and lvl 0) base power =1144

Base atk difference of 25 atk[/SPOILER-BOX]

Naoya Kiriyama
Sep 29, 2015, 03:38 PM
I tried figuring that out but if its either +30 or +40 s/r/t atk, it would mean austere would have only around +30 atk more than invade (if not including affix and base grind lvl at 0)....

seems like its not worth all those stones, unless their potential makes a significant difference

Or then again, you might just go for the colour (the white theme makes it worth all those stones)

Some quick calculations
[SPOILER-BOX]Figures I have for now
Both invade and austere sword has power 3, spirita 3, mutation and vindinlum, and darkness soul,
Known base stats from affix is +60 s atk

Assuming darkness soul gives +30
Invade sword (no affix and lvl 0) base power =1125
Austere sword (no affix and lvl 0) base power =1154

Assuming darkness soul gives +40
Invade sword (no affix and lvl 0) base power =1119
Austere sword (no affix and lvl 0) base power =1144[/SPOILER-BOX]

It wouldn't matter much considering that unless they have like 100 atk, anyone would rather reaffix them. Also, they can give some dumb stats like 50 DEX and all DEF types, I don't think I've seen a soul with all def types lately

LonelyGaruga
Sep 29, 2015, 03:54 PM
My bet is that Darkness Soul will have stats between Anga Soul and Apprentice Soul (something like all ATK+30 PP+2). Double Soul might be +40 to all DEF or something.

Morgan Fumi
Sep 29, 2015, 04:08 PM
Hmm...which ones are the caligula and nero stones? I don't recognize those, and google just loops back to this requirements list.

Naoya Kiriyama
Sep 29, 2015, 04:10 PM
Only developers know, considering those stones are yet to be released. Most likely, Double and PD

Hysteria1987
Sep 30, 2015, 12:04 AM
I'm sure I read somewhere that Caligulas come from the Double/PD quest, and Neros do too but only on XH.

I might be talking nonsense, though.

LonelyGaruga
Sep 30, 2015, 12:10 AM
That was speculation. We don't really know anything, but the names could be a hint.

深遠片カリギューラ = Profound Piece Caligula
黒曜片ネロウ = Obsidian Piece Nero

Achelousaurus
Sep 30, 2015, 05:52 AM
My bet is that Darkness Soul will have stats between Anga Soul and Apprentice Soul (something like all ATK+30 PP+2). Double Soul might be +40 to all DEF or something.
Yeah.
Well dunno about Double Soul but Darkness is a soul sounds about right.
I do hope it's 40 atk and 1pp or something. Would make sense for 100 atk and 5pp.