PDA

View Full Version : Pso2 max settings

MUDGRIP
Sep 21, 2015, 08:14 PM
Making a few upgrades to my pc. Notably a nvidia970 ftw graphics card and slightly overclocking my i72600k processor to about 4.0... Wondering if the new changes will let me run this game on max in 1440p smoothly. Not the biggest tech guy so just curious.

GHNeko
Sep 21, 2015, 08:16 PM
The new graphical settings are going to be based off of the PS4, so I think you'll be fine.

Sizustar
Sep 21, 2015, 09:12 PM
If you want to use SweetFX, and Nvidia Inspector Setting on 1440P, then you might want to think about SLI, since with that, you're average FPS might be 45~50

If just using the ingame setting, then you should be fine.

TaigaUC
Sep 22, 2015, 12:40 AM
Just make sure you don't turn on anti-aliasing transparency multisampling, because that'll eat your frame rate every time a transparent effect appears on screen.

Asuka~
Sep 22, 2015, 01:04 AM
Just make sure you don't turn on anti-aliasing transparency multisampling, because that'll eat your frame rate every time a transparent effect appears on screen.

What about Transparency Supersampling? Leave that on? My settings:[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/HfICJ0e.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

HentaiLolicon
Sep 22, 2015, 01:05 AM
You can downclock your i7 to default, pso2 doesn't eat much CPU.

Squal_FFVIII
Sep 22, 2015, 04:46 AM
What about Transparency Supersampling? Leave that on? My settings:[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/HfICJ0e.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

I run the game with 16xaa and ssaax4. Seems to always run at 60fps. The only problems I run into are stutters in the lobby when characters are loading.

However this also happens when I run the game with the lowest settings and no AA! So it's def not a forced nvidia inspector AA problem lol.

So basically for me the game runs exactly the same on the most LOWEST possible settings and the HIGHEST settings. It's weird. Infact I feel that it runs better with maxed out settings and forced AA via nvidia inspector wtf? XD

HentaiLolicon
Sep 22, 2015, 06:09 AM
I run the game with 16xaa and ssaax4. Seems to always run at 60fps. The only problems I run into are stutters in the lobby when characters are loading.

However this also happens when I run the game with the lowest settings and no AA! So it's def not a forced nvidia inspector AA problem lol.

So basically for me the game runs exactly the same on the most LOWEST possible settings and the HIGHEST settings. It's weird. Infact I feel that it runs better with maxed out settings and forced AA via nvidia inspector wtf? XD
That stutter caused by network and client loading textures, characters and those costumes. This game doesn't demand much from your rig. I tried DSR x4 on my 1080 scrub monitor and still got 60+fps

TaigaUC
Sep 22, 2015, 10:43 AM
I did some testing a while ago but mostly forgotten it now.
It was something like, if I used sparse grid supersampling along with multisampling and then went to the campship to use a Tech (eg. Shifta) my frame rate would drop by a massive amount.

So if you find your frame rate is dropping whenever transparency stuff is onscreen, try messing with those two settings.